Is "Toy Story" for SNES/GEN the greatest licensed game ever made?

Is "Toy Story" for SNES/GEN the greatest licensed game ever made?

Answer: Yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

segaretro.org/Toy_Story
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Woops, looks like you posted the wrong Toy Story by accident user. It's okay, I got your back.

Its funny how both the first movie and first game are shit, and second movie, and second game are literal masterpieces.

Rare sign.

Is this a fucking meme? the only tie in toy story game was the third toy story movie tie-in, it was decent but nothing to write home about

To think that Toy Story, the first CG3D animated movie ever, was released so long ago that it had a Super Nintendo, Sega, and Game Boy game released to tie in with it.

Equally amazing is how the Super Nintendo and Genesis had been getting new releases so late into their lives that that had adaptations of CG3D cartoon movies.

I never do hear anybody sing such praises for Toy Story 2 that they consider it superior to the first movie. Which delights me because I share your opinion with you.

geez.

First movie was lazily written. Whole truck chase was retarded. When second movie had actual antagonist, variety of characters, more story progression and much more interesting scenes (damn, that woody paint job gave me creeps back when i first time watched it).

I'd honestly chalk it up to the fact they were still figuring out their shtick, and Toy Story was basically Pixar's 90 minute tech demo of, "Look, we can animate entire movies now."
When you look at it that way, it makes sense how simple the story is. I mean shit, A Bug's Life came next, and it was above even Toy Story 2 in my opinion. Hopper was fucking badass.

Not even fucking close, bucko.

I guess you right. 3d movies like video games, were all about showing off technology.

I mean at first, sure. Like I said, Toy Story is only 81 minutes long, and has all the basic elements of every single animation test you can possibly think of rolled into one. Then you had a Bug's Life, which was a bit better, had a relatable MC, and a badass villain. By the time Monster's Inc came out, it really felt like it was less about the tech, and more about just making a goddamn good movie. In fact, Randall was even creepier than Hopper, and it felt at that point they were really trying to push how far they could go with a villain.
Monster's Inc is so fucking bizzare of an idea it'll always be my favorite.

There are many good ones, but Moonwalker has a ton of nostalgic value to me, so I choose that.

And Toy Story was not really very fun in my opinion.

And obviously posting Elite Force twice was a mistake. Last pic was supposed to be this.

No amount of animation can stand up to Brad Bird's fucking legend m8

That was horrible, right? All signs pointed to yes, what with all the absolutely sickening nerd culture faggotry.

its not even that good, all he does is say "superman ho!" like some fucking nigger

It is a marvel of modern cinema and goddamn it you just cant say why it isn't, you only point out the fact that you don't like it

If The Iron Giant is a marvel of modern cinema all it means is that cinema is just shit since the damn move is 2 decades old, especially if people put Monsters Inc on a pedestal just because it was before Cars.

That's not Spiderman and toy story 2.

This and all of it's sequels and spin offs and whatever is truly the only thing I truly hate made by Pixar. The first movie was alright, but the amount of bullshit cancer it spawned kills me. Monster's Inc was a unique well-executed idea and a great film.

i was making a shit joke, lmao fuckin dork, now I will actually think for once that Iron Giant is actually a shit movie because it fuckin bombed, if it was so fuckin good why isn't anyone making another fuckin iron giant because it's fuckin gay and didn't make money, retard faggot, quality does not pave way influence and/or a legacy

Best licensed game is Maui Mallard

You gotta realize Pixar was pioneering 3D animated films. A 3rd dimension introduces way too many elements for a traditonal 2D animator to deal with, and only recently has it begun to evolve past traditional film making techniques.
I remember asking John Lasseter about VR and AR, since these technologies are becoming more and more available to the public, how will stories have to adapt. He didn't have a clue, except animators will have to figure it out just like they did for Toy Story.

Close, but not close enough

I honestly liked 2 less for that and similar reasons. It felt more "typical" for a movie. Toy Story was exactly what it was called: a story about Toys and the kind of issues they would face if they were actually alive. While 2 and 3 were also about that, they also felt the need to include "bad" toys, romance drama, and other things that only seemed to be there because that's what other movies did. Toy Story was very down to Earth for what it was. 2 and 3 went too extravagant.

Toy Story for the Genesis has music that sounds like it's from a GBA.

Fucking this.

It's called really fucking scratchy PCM samples.

I stopped watching shitty CGI films after Shrek 2.

I don't see Star Wars: Return of the Jedi mentioned?

That was your big mistake.

What, that double jump fest where everything can hurt you and the floors are all made of ice?
Those games were fucking brutal.

This was quite good.

Guess i should post theses for people who don't know

segaretro.org/Toy_Story

This is not bait. Do you understand that?

I'm in fucking spiritual pain.

I actually tried to play the game recently **on wine* but after the copyright and rating screen it just crashed….

I just had to mess that up, didn't I?

these make me want to shoot myself

pretty sure its gonna bomb because I've seen people who are in the target audience (SJWs with Zelda tattoos) shitting on the book

Take a few things into consideration. Billing order is more due to politics than actual work put in for starters. You also have to take into account ghostwriters that may have contributed as well. Finally, look at Whedon's stock characters in his other films and compare them to the cast of Toy Story. They don't really fit. Whedon's biggest contributions are most likely the smart ass quips and Bo Peep wanting to be Buzz's moving buddy.

Just use a N64 or PSX emulator.

I spent so many hours playing custom maps with my dad.

Not sure, pic related. You forgot the PC version though.

No
What? Did you think those were fake game covers or something?

Just play the PSX version.

Nah, i think Punisher is better than anything else named in this thread.

Why play a game simply based on an existing franchise when you can play a literal commercial?