Team Fortress 2 Vintage: Hotpockets get out edition

Old thread is bumplocked and near-death, so here's a new one.

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena.

Downloads

Full game:
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mirrors:
Current full build (V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUONmhiMXF5VjJVbUk
Current patch (V2R1 to V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOa3VXd2d6NFEtcWM
Current Server files (V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZVRBMVlXVWRiVFE

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

Server
memesystem - Team Fortress 2 vintage
173.17.10.105:30001

Primetime is usually 3pm EST and sometimes around 10pm EST

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
archive.fo/F3k6k
archive.fo/ambLC
tf2maps.net/threads/whalerace.11224/
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v29
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scope_creep
poal.me/dl7beo
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/May_21,_2008_Patch
mega.nz/#!mBEzwToA!xO5nd5P_pEPqUm0A5dkSHImPX8_FrFS6-C0Kq2w1p18
pastebin.com/8GMQPSSy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for him

Get in here fuckers we're playing video games

So theres new weapons right?

Dev wanted "pre mannconomy", players wanted "vanilla", so no.

new weapons arent completely off the table (or so i heard) but the dev wants to focus on polishing the game and making it work

2v2 and its switching to pl_redship

Fuck! Oh well i just wanted to play with other weapons before they got nerfed so hard that only 20% of them are usable imo.

well again, not completely off the table. First the game, then the content i guess

forget the steam revemu post

going 5v5

Does tf2vintage have Unusual Specialized Kill Streak Sophisticated Sufficiently Lethal Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtakers?

no, now fuck off you tau loving faggot

that was a confusing but fun map

Is there hats yet?

Where are the hats?

I din do nuffin

When are hats going to be added?

I would be OK with certain on-style hats but I think that defies the purpose of TF2V, if you ask me though, I would be trying to migrate the whole game onto a reliable engine.

Just put the hats on the guns

not only that, also kills the style of TF2. If anything cosmetic is to be added, it would be the weapon reskins that are in the live game and i will continue to argue that certain taunts are acceptable

Taunts would be way better, I assume you talk about taunts that are not related to dissonant stuff like electric guitars and the like.

I was mostly thinking about the laugh taunt

Some of the dances would be OK if you ask me and some character specific ones I think.

agreed. the specific ones are ok, but the dance ones, while not all of them are cancer, might just be too much

Can anyone find the netcode for nutf2 so we can look at the "fix" they made for hit-registration?

I like the Russian dance personally, the aerobics is stupid, conga is debatable.

I'm against interactive taunts because it just invites the reddit shitters who want to be "friendly" in game

8v7 on cp_mountainlab

regardless of taunts, youll get those "friendly heavies" and "friendly spy crabs". Cancer is cancer.

Good point, then I guess only the class specific would suffice in some cases, as for the alt weapons, not sure, sometimes I just think some of them should be just incorporated into the stock ones, for example, detonator, flare gun and scorch shot, I think recently some aspects of the quick fix were added to all mediguns, still limited to certain classes if you ask me, not all of them need an upgrade.

But then again, that would be a different TF2 branch on itself.

I want the spycrab taunt just for the sake of taunting after kills.

exactly, one thing at a time. im sure the devs know what they're doing.

The spycrab taunt is already in the game. As a spy taunt with the disguise kit until you get it, it never was its own thing, just a disguise kit taunt that randomly occurs

Stop with the meme maps.
They download slow as fug and are hit and miss.

gay

More meme maps
They funny.

archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
archive.fo/F3k6k
archive.fo/ambLC

Vaporwave one is great

I made a thing for the moddb page.

nice, replaced the header on the mod page with it

Don't give up user! Keep practicing and you'll get better!

Gotta try that's all there is too it. It's something I miss about old community servers, even shit players coming in got good because you were meeting the same people day in and day out.

Where v3

Confirmed for moving away from vanilla eventually?

NEVER EVER

The point was always pre-mannconomy, but that doesnt mean that the option to go full stock will be removed.

Is there anyone online right now?

I'm up to join if others are.

2.9 might be out this weekend. 3 is just new binaries.

My push for v3 is just a means of me locking out the TF2C people from just renaming the folder to connect since if the class files differ they can't connect

Uh OH

how do i fix this

that better be the SOAD song

eh its ok, but it aint SOAD.

SOAD?

tf2maps.net/threads/whalerace.11224/

SODA

Is Wacky Races in yet?

muh armenian genocide

fugg

Same here. Cant load.

System Of A Down

I ain't touching this game until there's at least one non-VAC server to play on.

switch models to medium

recording time?

they are

VAC just prevents cheating you whiner you can still use non-steam clients to play

>Willingly allowing (((secretive proprietary software))) that you have no clue what it is or what it's doing to run on the server on a game where the versions in use as a clusterfuck all the way back to V1

This game is dead to me until non-VAC servers exist.

Why would anyone cater to people who don't want anti-cheat?

whelp gotta wait then.

To be fair originally both servers didn't have VAC enabled. This guy is just a whinger

Which is when it was great because there was no VAC. The fact VAC is now added and one server only exists now (also with VAC) is bullshit. It was fun earlier to play TF2V when it was just two servers to dick around in, but now that they've become tryhard as shit with (((anti-cheat))) it's not worth it to play it.

Good luck on the rest of your little TF2C knockoff.

You're acting like a sperg calm down, and if it triggers you host a non VAC server yourself

there is so much stupid in this post i cant even begin to explain.

If you're worried about vac, wait around 'til serveranon gets off his arse and puts his server back up.

My complaint is that the current builds are all over the place, so if the server is running some variant of 2.5 modified then it's a different check than a stock 2.5 which means the player is cheating. When you consider a system that is supposedly perfect and never wrong, it would be bullshit to be permabanned from every source game ever just because of a failed hash check on my game files on a backwater mod on a mongolian sheepherder website.

thing is it checks on the dll
the increments don't actually change any files nor do they contain malicious code that can execute. There are people still connecting and can connect with V1 clients because the versions outside 3 are nothing but bug fixes

Yes, because the 18 people playing yesterday all got VAC banned because each person was using a different build of V2.5.

just play it in linux and disable vac or some shit

Gee, I really wonder who could be behind this post.

YALL READY

FUGGING CHECKED

(checked)
YES

that's not how VAC works
VAC only scans the engine's executables to make sure they haven't been tampered with

you're not a
CHEATER
are you?

SOON

Hey guys how easy is it to host a server
An user a few threads ago said something like putting the files in the source dedicated server folder and running a .bat but I couldn't get it to work
Ive port forwarded, set the ip to static and all that jazz, I've hosted minecraft and halo online servers no problem. I just can't set this shit up.

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server

I still want a hat
Cold Snap Cap.

Legend, thanks mate
I probably could have found that myself but I'm at work rn so didn't get a chance to

Australia server host up, I'll try keep it up as much as possible [s]if people actually play on it[/s]

Do plugins or whatever work with TF2V? If so which ones should I download, also how do I allocate more ram to the server? I have little clue as to what I'm doing, but at least the servers showing up in the browser.

Some do, shit like the voting system and whatnot. We had a user named pip try and set up a meme map server that was shit like dodgeball, but we coulnd't figure out what was wrong with the set up so for plugins you may have to do some guess work

What's the IP and port?

There we go, could have sworn I recorded redship

naw, you said you would the round after redship

Come join guys, playing barnblitz

weird. Sorry for the audio loss it happens because I have to answer all those lovely steam messages.

What the fuck are you doing?

Jump around like a retard, also it's viable when there's like 4 scouts, not to mention the scout is hunched over misplacing the head hitbox, sine all that changes is the model when disguised retard snipers will aim for the scout's head instead of where the spy's head really is

Did you mute the mic spammer? You fucking philistine!

I always do because I like to hear things other than low quality music pumped through a routed sound channel.

One day I hope you'll learn to appreciate the finer things in life

"No weapons should be allowed" and "the game is pre-Mannconomy" in the same sentence is delusional

yes and no
pre-mannconomy also includes things like airblast and building hauling, as well as things like Payload, KotH and Arena. Your focus on weapons and hats outs you like an idiot

I spent so many hours, probably over 1k, on TF2 years ago, even after mannconomy. It was my daily go to, and it was what I did with all my free time. When the joy of that game died, I also died inside. Here's hoping this brings at least some of that fun back. I'm not going to be horribly disappointed by Holla Forums communities AGAIN, r-right?

Nah. The Holla Forums community is actually fun to play with. No bullshit weapons or hat trading makes the game actually feel like a game instead of a trading sim.

But I said weapons, not hats. Not that there's anything wrong with hats and other cosmetics that actually fit the game's color palette and visual design, ie NOT the thirty fucking billion winter cosmetics. It's actually amazing how many hats stop looking like complete ass if you use one of the team-colors like Waterlogged Lab Coat. Either way I think once the popularity of the game climbs (if it does) then the vanillafags will get a rude awakening as to how many people actually want the entire game being stock-only at the end of the day, going by the glowing popularity of stock-only servers even in TF2's heyday; that is to say, few to none, and sparsely populated. But on the other hand I don't want weapons and fiddling around with their balance to be even approached until shit's not fucked and all the gamemodes work properly, ie no wonky cart-collision on Payload. Until that day when TF2V's shit is not fucked, which is coming along more quickly than I expected it to if I'm honest, I am content to laugh at stock-plebs.

I agree hats that fit the desing should stay but it becomes a slipper slope, same with weapons. Some hats I'd restrict to classes like proof of purchase being solly only since it fits with the motif of a soldier.

Again don't worry about it focus on weapons isn't a thing right now, like you said we're focused on bug fixes and everything in that realm. The last update to vintage according to dev user will be loadout menu being turned back on. Personally I think some weapons should come back albeit tweaked, but it's an easier said than done job if you consider the amount of work under the hood needs to be done to enable things like sandman stun and whatnot. It's not that simple really, and given my dark ages peasant tier understanding of C++ it's a daunting task.

Here's my argument for stock;
It's where the game felt like the classes actually mattered ,where you needed a medic get a good push going. Modern TF2 and even pre-mannconomy TF2 started fudging that with things that changed class roles, people opting into weapons that altered how the class played a lot of times to the detriment of their team (battle medics with blaut for example). With stock you have a clear idea of the class coming at you and their role on the battlefield even with players behind the control. Not to mention items added something I personally hate and it's the people who sit in spawn for hours at a time trying to trade for shit. If you gave people these weapons at the start there'd be no point, you'd have your sidegrades and upgrades from the get go, the only implementation I can see working is old TF2 style where you have achievements and achievement milestones that completing them unlock the weapons. Again going back to slippery slope you'd then get groups of people going "why isn't item X, Y, Z in game?" To put it in another way, you give a child something they want, and then the child next to them demands something they want because child A got what they wanted so it's only fair.

In any case If people wanting pre-mannconomy weapons want to stand up and start the framework for code handling those weapons by all means, not only will you get what you want but it will speed up what you want after everything is said and done. Then all devanon or myself owuld have to do is integrate your code, test it and see if the appropriate weapons work. Wall of text done

TF2V, Zombie Master Reborn, and Ace Attorney Online prove there are some instances where
can actually be fun and not fucking soul-rending.

I for the life of me could not figure out how to work the AAO interface, but that's neither here nor there. I guess as long as avatar fags or actual fags don't start showing up, it'll be fine. From the few communities around here that I've seen, those seem to be the biggest red flags.

I think Mannconomy was where weapons started getting bad but sticking to pre-Mannconomy or Mannconomy itself for weapons as a baseline would work out well, personally. There's still quite a lot of variety that sticks to class roles there and weapons that didn't even then could feasibly be tweaked, ie absolutely anything that self-heals, isn't related to Medic, and doesn't have a significant penalty for self-heal such as the Sandvich. Also no Demoknight shit since I don't think anybody likes those things that isn't a pubstomper or a shitter.

Trading is a fun thought-exercise if applied to TF2V because all the classical backbones of the economy would not be present, as well as skinner-boxes like keys and crates. Bill's Hat and Max's Head were both promotional items and became the backbone of the TF2 economy as a result of their scarcity, but Bill's Hat is the only one of the two that isn't fuck-ugly (and if it would be included in the first place as anything but a Soldier, maybe Heavy item would be up for debate) and as mentioned they're promotional items. And with everybody being used to 1.33 refined as a baseline for craft-hats, I'd see a reversion back to the actual Mannconomy setup where the lone refined has quite a lot of trade-in value, potentially even moreso since there aren't those backbones. Oh, also that bloody wonderful trade API they had before the move to Steam trading, it just werked.

Actual methods of obtaining those weapons are something I hadn't put thought into; probably craft-recipes and achievement milestones like days of yore since a drop system seems like a bitch and a half to figure out and may or may not need a dedicated server. I do think that just flat-out using Mannconomy or up to the Engineer Update as a baseline for weapons to pick from would solve the slippery-slope about weapons, but its own nature as an open-source project would also have a hand in that; if somebody is insistent on having a weapon in then they can program it in themselves and either make a request to merge it with the master source or start their own fork and be amazed as they're the only person that plays their fork because they couldn't stand the idea of using anything but Black Box.

I'd rather have up to engy, because mannconomy introduced shit like the polycount weapons that were stupid.

Again from a coding point adding the weapons is a massive undertaking. even adding the TF_IS_STUNNED would require extra code to dictate whats happening.

Personally I don't see much of a problem with not having that because the only alt weapons I ever used were the sandman and back burner.

So when do people usually play? It's completely empty right now, but got to go in, see that it works. Hope there's more than just that one cart map set

Do you play League of Legends or something?

Wat about upgrading teleport and dispenser?

That's in too.

Fuck off, retard.

That is fucking gay when games do that.
Unlocking shit in multiplayer never works out for the best.

It's gay when the game doesn't make you buy all the characters and weapons you need to actually play the game?

Cool, this TF2 might be worth playing then.

I think you misunderstand
unlocking shit through buying is the same thing as unlocking
shit makes me angry when games do that

I think an achievement system would work best so it means people who put in effort are rewarded. On the other hand if you have everything from the get go why use anything other than the flash weapons?

GET IN FAGGOTS

What the fuck.
Okay so here's what I get

Uh, okay. I thought you were mad at me for a second there. Glad we could resolve this misunderstanding.

I wasn't disagreeing though,
maybe I should have made that clear.

Sadly I'm at work until late in the evening. However seeing as people we're dicussing it ill throw my two cents in as well.

HERE IS HOW YOU ABSOLUTELY FIX THE ISSUE WITH THE WEAPONS
After the game has been polish and made into a proper game, devanon was going to take a look at adding stuff. Up to here its completely understandable for everyone. In fact(as i told devanon before but ill say it here so everyon can see),the way items are added SHOULD be similar to how volvo did it back in the day (IE CLASS UPDATES) This allows the devteam to properly handle and balance every class 1 at a time. So say the first class to be updated is Scout, then a month later Soldier, etc. If devteam were to port ALL the class weapons at once, it would not only take longer, but also be complete mayham to balance.

Loadout and backpack menu of course should be implemented for the sake of the addition of the weapons/taunts/content and organization, however, with these theoretical items comes the question "How do I obtain them?"
I do believe this is a terrible method because it would only promote idling and bullshit drops (even if you tweak the rates, they would still be 1000% bullshit). Not to mention the technical issues of having a server dedicated specifically for this.
Again, a method that promotes shittery. What's stopping someone from farming all the achievements on a private server? Not only that, most TF2 achievements are ridiculous and completely asinine. Its not a terrible idea, it can be improved (as i will state later) but like the drop system its still not the way to go.
Trading promotes the garbage that liveTF2 has turned into today. Crafting however can work, but without the drop system to feed this method it becomes useless. If someone brains storms a method to use the crafting system without resorting to random drops and trading, it MIGHT work.
Eh, personally I'd rather WORK for the damn things rather than get free shit.

Now, my idea is:
Grant weapons/items based on playtime or challenges with that specific weapon/class
FOR EXAMPLE
Very similar to the Achievement method, however without the need to preform asinine shit to complete them. The only problem I see is that people will make private servers and farm them. Only way to counter it is make it track LIVE PLAYER KILLS and not have it register when bots are killed. That isnt too hard to implement is it?

/walloftext

I agree, especially with the latter statement.You could also do things like contracts neat idea implemented poorly that gives you a certain item on completion, just don't make it too grindy like 100000 kills or something

But like I said, just an idea. don't think it would do too well.

It would be nice to let servers decide whether or not to have all guns unlocked or have user progression enabled, but that would be fucking impossible to code in.

Contracts are just dynamic achievements tbh. The grind might be necessary just so it isnt too easy to complete, but not too hard. Just to spitball a number:
Now you could keep it going, have the new rocket launcher also have its own challenge. What would the reward be? lol I dont know. If there are things like purely cosmetic weapons (for example the big kill spy revolver or anything that has stock stats but reskinned) they would have their own side methods, same goes for anything like a taunt or, dare I say, hat.

Most evenings tend to get some good games going

You mean stock only servers? Those would still be a thing.
Not really, remember, LiveTF2 already has that with achivements, they wont register/progress if sv_cheats is set to 1. All it would take is to reverse engineer that into "Disable_challenge_progression 1"

Adding weapons is already a fucking pain to do. remember weapons need to be coded.

why not just let people wear orbiting cock all class lime green fedoras if you are gonna run these shitty meme maps, becuase you're already fucking the artstyle and the game.

fuck man I just wanna play TF2 without having all this unnecessary bullshit forced on me.

No, not stock only. Have all weapons unlocked on that one server.

which is why

Ah, well if my memory serves, back in the day there used to be server plugins that allowed you to choose and use weapons that you didnt have (even shit like the golden wrench and hats like max's head and the fucking earbuds)

That as well, but mod magic has proven effective before.I mean im willing to try my hand at itThat I should succeed, well thats a different story

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scope_creep

Please don't try to add anything new. The game is fine as it is. Adding more weapons/items is just going to result in TF2C 2.0. Just focus on making it stable.

That's up to the server owner. If you want pure stock maps, make your own server.

Apparently they also don't run in the map rotation either, they're there if you want to enable them but are inactive so a server that isn't configured won't see them.

Of course. That's always the main importance and why I REALLY CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH WHEN PEOPLE BRING UP HATS/WEAPONS/CRAP.

It doesnt matter what the mod is for if the only server available to me runs meme maps that completely defeat the purpose of said mod. If Im gonna play visual clusterfuck shitty gameplay I may as well play main TF2 because at least then I'd be able to make kids cry by playing the game well

Im not sinking money into a server just because the people who are running the already existing servers for a game with less than 20 players are retarded. Im not gonna fucking bother playing anymore because Im NOT gonna be apart of another repeat of TF2C where the people who want to fucking play TF2 are beat out by people who wanna play LOLSORANDUMSHOOTYGAMEONMULTICOLOREDSHITMAPSWITHMEMES. This shit always has and always will be fucking cancer

Not only are the meme maps out of rotation, but you can also !nominate and vote for the map you want. If your ass is THAT chapped over not playing the map you want, you can always !rtv. The first time to vote the next map and if you wait a while and !rtv again, then the map will change. Hopefully this will calm your autism down a few notches.

Well, that's your own problem then. Quit your bitchin', nigger, and just let things be.

I've never been on for a meme map and I've played several very good games of TF2 on these servers. Have you even played it yet?

>>>Holla Forums

They were the most popular meme maps on live TF2, so it makes sense to add a set of optional meme maps to TF2V. When played sparingly they're a fun breath of air.

Its not something that needs "fixing" I just want people to reign in their autism. It starts out with a meme map or two, but then suddenly its the only thing everyone ever votes for. Im just so fucking tired of vanilla being beaten out time and time again because of people who get a 10 second high from playing on shitty maps. If we're gonna go for a less cluttered and standard TF2 experience the playerbase and the server owners need to nut up and accept that maps are just as important as weapons and cosmetics to the experience. I get the same fucking vibe from these faggots who push these maps that I get from the FRIENDLY faggots who wanna force everyone to have fun their inane bullshit way at the expenses of everyone elses fun, and then claim "NO FUN ALLOWED" at anyone who doesnt want to go along with it.

Yeah its a fuckin' minor thing but it gets on my tits nonetheless, and I see it becoming a bigger problem down the road

I don't know what you guys are referring to, because in over 10 hours of playing this I have not encountered a single meme map. At worst there were a few underdeveloped amateur maps

I think he thinks things like whacky races. The thing is while these maps exist in server rotation they barely ever get picked. Even shit like redship is an actual map instead of meme shit

Yeah again its not a big deal right now, but its like when some dude starts bringing his girlfriend. Its usually not a big deal at the time but its a sign shits about to go downhill.

Name me some mememaps, only one I can think of is the vaporwave one, but I actually like that one

I DO understand your point, but realize that TF2V is STILL a young and in development thing.There arent any alternatives for ANY of us. So at this point you have two options

Probably referring to stuff like plr_highertower or anything that isnt vanilla. cp_cloak best map:^)

forgot to add

Yep, TF2V now ships with wacky and balloonrace by default since the servers had them on them. Technically ctf_flyingfortresses and cp_orange are also meme maps.

I did all of this shit for TF2 and Im not gonna do it again. Im trying to fucking warn you all of a potential iceberg ahead. Lets say you do get people from outside Holla Forums. Are they gonna continue voting for the stock maps? Fuck no, they are gonna be going STRAIGHT for the shitty meme maps. You wanna continue the way things are going fine but dont say you weren't warned when shit starts to go south and TF2V becomes another laughing stock like TF2C did, because I fucking warned them too and they didnt listen either and were telling me the same exact bullshit you are spouting.

Then move to another server? With V3 coming out Holla Forumsintage fun is coming back.

If shit goes south people will just make new servers. you wanna be a redditor who sits on his ass and bitch about things then keep doing it.

Server owner has to add them first and you can't just instantly replay a map/

We should segregate ourselves from the outsiders using separate but "equal" servers

poal.me/dl7beo

Christ calm the fuck down. I understand what you mean and of course i see the potential dangers ahead. I didnt see the horrors of the TF2C drama here myself, only heard about it later. Again, what other options do we have currently? Sitting here, pissing and moaning about it wont solve the fucking problem.

my fucking sides split

neither dev user or myself see no problem. The issue with new people coming in is instead of telling them to "take the current community as it is or leave it" the typical reaction, especially in these threads seems to be nothing short of mental breakdowns.

Remember the rules of a server are what ultimately what you're playing by. So if redditors come in shitting up the server get the op to kick em out. They now have a two choices

I was pretty good at cookieclicker.

Come play anons. It'll be a lot more fun than shitposting about meme maps, promise :^)

Plus, letting people in means the mod gains popularity, it gets talked about, gains feedback and suggested to play more often. With that also comes potentially more servers and the cancer that is reddit.
I'm all for kicking and banning cancer and reddit on sight but im also for more players, more activity, more servers and more popularity. The only problem I see is scaring away any new potential players because some dickwad decided to go around, act like an asshat, get banned and start shittalking the mod at every possible second on every possible website.

so basically alphablaster 2.0?

Anyone up for a game?
All this talk of newfags ruining everything is triggering me.

Again, wasnt there for most of the TF2C drama but ill just nod and say yes.

Furthermore, this poll is unnecessary tbh.
There is no reason to do this, If TF2V had a constant number of players(regardless of their origins) then yes Holla Forumsintage fun can run with a password.
It's either that or playing with meme spouting undertale/ponyfags when players start pouring in.

>running a server for a game*with barely any player numbers with a password

just get on and play, when the mod dies it dies so play while its still alive

You should only worry about making a server with password if the game gets gorillions of players. Which I doubt.

I don't get it. You want the server to have people and be popular, but at the same time you don't because that'll invite cancer? Make up your mind, this is what I mentioned in my first post, Holla Forums communities always cannibalize themselves because they worry over petty shit.

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure if you were talking about a server for a game or not on this video game thread.

Fag, I would love to but im still at work and when I get home I still have shit to do.

I mean think about it like this:
If the conditions are favorable that should bring in player numbers, even if they arent massive

It's not that I cant make up my mind, its more of weighing the pros and cons. I either bite the bullet and accept the facts or sit here on this taiwanese basket weaving forum discussing a potential way to fix and avoid the problems that plagued projects like this in the past.
The death of a project isnt petty, especially if it can be avoided.
Just wanted to correct my mistake, is all.

Fix what? an influx of users at worst would cause new servers to open up. No where on the moddb page is there a reference to 8ch.

I'm curious what your fears are because they seem to revolve around the mod becoming popular. and that's where it ends and the huffing and "I literally can't even" begins.

Are you worried they'll impact what gets added? Are you worried about the server being flooded by shitters that will no doubt be kicked and chased out by the veterans (us) and forced to set up their own camp or adapt.

I think thats a good thing, but of course comes with its problems. Again, weighing pros and cons.
Not my fear, muh sekrit klub is the last of my concern.
Skinwalkers.
Like the previous user mentioned, Holla Forums communities end up cannibalizing themselves. Not just the devs or server owners but the users/players as well. TF2C gets mentioned alot and with good reason, its drama that occured fairly reciently and is still fresh in some people's minds. If whatever happend during that timeframe can be avoided, the better. Even if the specific problems TF2C had arent present, the same issue of Holla Forums communities/projects falling apart is still present.
Trying to avoid that.
Not really, because I know that the people that spearhead this project arent complete morons. I'm putting my good faith in this team but nothing lasts forever and shit is bound to change drastically
I'm all for chasing out shitters, but then the so called "Alphablaster 2.0" occurs where you have the shitters go around scaring any new players into thinking the devs and server owners are a bunch of tryhards or purists or whatever insult/term they come up with and use.

basically

Ok no I see that, also thanks for the chuckle.

This is the worse case scenario yes, but there is a silver lining. Consider looking at the moddb page. You'd see the mod page manager being friendly and helping with issues. In this day and age people love to shit talk on mod pages, and this is where public appeal can be won by opening discourse. Remember we aren't the left we aren't going to shout down these retards, we're going to show people how retarded the people decrying us are when we go "look let's sit down and talk about what you're bitching about and see where your issue lays."

Then when the retard opens his mouth and outs himself all we have to do is offer a shrug and go "Dunno what to tell you my friend other than these seem to be a YOU problem and not a problem with the mod."

Also a heads up because 2.9 requires a fresh install for clients server owners will need to do the same. my 2.9 client just go rejected for map version mismatch

Yes, I briefly took a gander at the moddb page and I did like what I see. That's why I have full confidence in this team and I know they have their heads on track and in the right place. Sure, call me paranoid or autistic for worrying too much about shit like this but history has a tendency to repeat itself.

That's good to hear. The "sekrit klub" mentality is what killed TF2C (see; AlphaBlaster)

No I agree with you this is an issue. and with no one daring to make a plebbit account to just drop this in their little cess pit it's probably gonna remain small for awhile. the people who still play TF2C are pretty much the devs and the "beta testers" so pretty much they'll gain no traction really.

Well sekrit club should be exercised to an extent. If we flood the place with idiots it causes an issue. However the mentality we want is "adapt or die" which is adapt to our way of life or fuck right off or make your own little enclave.

It's for the best while TF2V gets polished.

10 players on the server

I'll be rejoining. My game just gave me a black screen again and I had to quit out to correct it. I probably need to lower my settings for TF2 to stop this.

try setting models to medium. It's a quick and dirty fix for a problem that was corrected in V2.9/3.

That's the buildings error, change your model quality to medium until 2.9 launches.

This better be fixed in 2.9

It is, but you're gonna need to do a fresh install

wew. finally back from work ill see if i can play if anyone is still around

there's 13 people on right now

Ok, I'm going a bit nuts here. A few years ago, I remember seeing a video from someone about goldrush, where they were able to get under the map near the blue spawn on the first part. I really want to try to replicate that so I can exploit it do some bug reports for the devs

map exploits are map based and not code based. we actually tried this with the 2fort and trying to put a TP in spawn. didn't work

Fixed a long time ago
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/May_21,_2008_Patch

sappy we need you

I was looking forawd to steel, dammit.

highertower
highertower
highertower
highertower
highertower
highertower
highertower
highertower

ok nevermind it reset haha

2fort_invasion was removed in 2.5, koth_probed is removed in 2.9 and the strange cp_cloak map is also removed in 2.9 as well. Servers should pull them out of their rotation when possible.

RIP in piece

sappy should do that then so this shit stops happening

I'm getting an error message saying that steam_appid.txt couldn't be detected when I launch TF2V.exe, what did I fuck up?

did you launch source 2013 base multiplayer once? it needs to generate the appid file

Thanks for confirming I'm fucking retarded.

we're all special here user :^)

TF2V is GAY
Where are the hats? How do you tell each other apart? How are you supposed to spycheck? Did you remove taunts just so you wouldn't get BMed?

>MACRO BUTTON FOR "F6" TO OPEN THREAD AND SCREAM WHERE ARE THE HATS
>NEW REPLY

wow such an epic post comrade
many upboats to you for your remarkable skills
exx dee
this is a quality post

I would actually destroy you in MGE. I used to be UGC Highlander Gold, faggot. Your stupid vanilla mods won't save you.

Nah Bachingo would rek you

so would Deku

You're just a scrub who needs hats

Do you ERP with each other, too? None of you even have a second of comp experience.

dude its like the same 20 people every day, you're bound to recognize them at somepoint.

Just like your picture your posts are low quality

Ya you're going to run into the same people a lot, but I would think you wouldn't want to throw names out in the thread. Nothing scares off an autistic lurker more than knowing that his name might be seen and/or remembered, and that there is an already established click. Keep the names in game, thread should probably stick to talking about the game itself, don't turn this into a /vg/ esq social circle jerk.

That would be a cool stand, like a combo between California King Bed and Wired

True, but usernames are going to pop up alot in screenshots, chat screencaps and videos so.

do agree tho

Is it anything like a trade server where your buddies just fuck around and sometimes scrim, or is it 24/7 actually playing the game?

Bubblegum Crash a best

unless the server is dead we're mostly playing the actual game

I should hang you for even saying that.
fuck i wish. For now its just

Eh
Really sucks how the series got fucked over by the studios animating it. What could have beem right?

Depends, it's a mix bag really a lot of times we're playign to win sometimes we're fucking around. fucking around usually happens when its a low player count so like if it's 3v3 you might see something like one team is one class and the other team is another class and they try to win that way. or just straight up sniper duels

Ya but that doesn't mean you have to mention the names in the pictures. Again, you don't want to be /vg/ esq circle jerk, that's what happens to A LOT of communities here, and that's about the time they die.

no it isn't
they're usually long dead before it reaches that point as the people who started the shit leave and newfags overrun it

Ruggarell, is that you?

Ruggs has nothing to do with this

Is true there are trouble with plugins to work at all in vintage?
I just want to make my shitty freak fortress server to function in this game

dunno if it'll work just try. if not try older versions a lot of these plugins require things that this might not have in the coding

A lot of the Polycount weapons were bad but in fairness Valve typically threw out the submitted stats and replaced it with retardedness. Refer to Black Box which was designed as a one-shot retardedly slow launcher you'd have to be suicidal to rocketjump with and Valve made it a self-heal weapon.

If anything forcing you to roll stock-only for some length of time forces you to learn the ins and outs of the game. Tying them to achievements was a good move on Valve's part; you do well, you get to play around with some new sidegrades and find the niche that's right for you.

To be fair, this is what I would do to get the weapons in TF2V to work. Some coding doesn't work right, so F-A-N would change from a two shot weapon with mobility/knockback to a one shot weapon with crowd control.

If we are going to have alternate weapons, dont make any kind of unlock system. It would be best if everyone was on equal footing.

nah an unlock system works best. reward people for playing. the old achievement system worked. you're not fucked if you're rolling stock only, this isn't league of casuals where buying the latest hero will let you win

The point of new weapons should be that they may be countered with certain stock weapons easily. Something like the winger making it harder to hit scoot, with a debuff that'd make the scout much more susceptible to sentries or fire damage, as a crappy example.

The achievement system was always shit. That's why achievement servers became a thing so fast, because people just want to play with all the goddamn weapons.

Yeah, Valve's forgotten there's supposed to be a tradeoff for these things. Hell, even go rather far back with the Direct Hit, that thing was made to cater to Soldiers who abided by the tactic of aiming at feet, then shooting again midair: much faster rockets, rockets do more damage, and minicrits in the air, the trade-off being it's worthless for splash-damage and trying to aim vaguely at the enemy like with the normal launcher just means you miss and your ass is probably dead.

thats because TF2 grew their achievements out. in any case now isn't the time to be idea manning about these systems when we still need to polish shit

This. When you make weapons unlocked through cheevos, you are going to have an influx of people playing retardedly because they need to do x thing to get a weapon they want, then people are going to collude for the weapons. You're also going to have people stop playing or disregarding the mod altogether because they have to do asinine things to play with everything. Just make them all unlocked from the start. If you really want to tie somthing to cheevos, make them hats or somthing cosmetic.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FOR AND AGAINST THE ACHIEVEMENT SYSTEM
a tl;dr of my previous post
say you want a weapon

At this point there should probably be some collective of ideas and an explanation of why they're retarded or why they aren't being worked on at the moment, ie "shut up about items because we don't have everything ironed out to the point we even want to consider them"

This thread will most likely be archived like the rest but we can cap what I've said ITT and repost it in later threads so maybe people could shut the fuck up about it since the topic has already been handled and answered.

Just make the weapons available from the start and call it a day.

nah

Let it go already.

Shit band and you're a fag.

Sorry m9, the game is free, the stock weapons are free– there's no point to suddenly put up a wall for new players other than to piss absolutely everyone off.

That's horrible logic
nah fuck off make us the frame work for the weapons and then we'll consider it. easy right?

A total unnecessary nuisance, just makes people farm for shit and hinders access if you switch accounts or if it's unreliable. Not to mention non-stock is fucking AIDS and only a couple items added well to the game, so they should be put on a hopefully permanent hiatus.

for absolute fucks sake
THE TOPIC HAS ALREADY BEEN DEALT WITH, THE GAME NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND POLISHED FIRST. DROP IT

no u

But why would you switch? again you're bringing up weapons when work is still being done on the game itself. if you want weapons added so bad build the framework of each weapon and then submit them, make sure they work and are tested.

I don't want weapons, just saying achievement-walling is a shit idea regardless.

Not really. it depends on how it's executed

Y-yeah. But I'm against adding ANYTHING, just fixing everything.

>playing a team based multiplayer game

fuck off hipster, nobody wants stupid shenanigans for broken and imbalanced weapons that only cover the gaping holes in your skill.

In other news, great pop lately guys.

>IMPLYING YOU CAN'T JUST GIT GUD
Had me going there for a while.

>im-fucking-plying i wont suck with the other weapons anyway
>again completely missing the fact that I was suggesting a method that DOESNT FUCKING INVOLVE GRINDING
I'll state again: this is a non-issue and if we keep kvetching back and forth like this, its most likely the devs are going to give up trying and halt the project entirely.
The topic of ITEMS is now a done deal until the devanons actually decide to tackle it.

Items may likely be added in the future like mentioned in previous threads. If any items are added later, they'll probably be after V3. I am interested in the Kritzkrieg and the Jag as possible items to use.

i want the crusaders crossbow

Ok, why need items as a reward when you're getting gud anyway. Getting gud enough to be useful in a team IS the reward, not some skinner box 10 seconds of joy after you finally unlock what you want then back to doing more "challenges."

There's a difference when shit becomes tedious. If you're playing just to grind of course it becomes tedious, you want it to be a natural grind, something players will pay no real heed to as it just came from them playing normally. Originally vitasaw IIRC or blautsauger required you to get ALL medic achievements.

Now some of the medic achievements were dumb like "uber 15 steam friends" yeah that's tedious. but shit like "Heal XXXXX amount of damage" that comes naturally from playing medic and someone who p;lays medic a lot will get this naturally through playing the role.

for example say we make a achievement for scout that's just "X kills with scattergun" again this seems dumb but as a scout you're primarily using your scattergun as a primary damage dealing means.

A big problem is a lot of the kill count ones put them behind goals like "500 kills" or "kill 5 enemies in one life" , this can be easily worked around with achievements that are challenging but still rewarding. As an engineer I can think of one such as "Keep your sentry alive while an ubered enemy tries to focus it down".

I agree, but having something else that can turn the tides or help win could prove beneficial to that team. For example a Medic with a kritzkrieg being successful where a regular uber would fail.
Just having the item doesnt prove your usefulness, its effectively using it for the benefit of your team. Thats why you got that item, because you manage to apply yourself so well in the game that you now have a second method, or rather an alternative playstyle, that could help your allies reach victory.

Finally some voice of reason

Not an argument against not wanting a Skinner box in a game with a small target audience and an even smaller devteam.
But even if you didn't and everyone had the same weapons, a shit player will still suck and get their team killed without map knowledge and practice with the weapon. There's no point other than wanting a Skinner box, and the same shit that killed the fun in TF2.

Saying "not an argument" doesn't invalidate what I said. fuck off and stop being austistic

Should've also put you're flinging buzzwords at this point

It was a non sequitur. Completely unrelated to what I was saying, I hate actually fucking naming fallacies because that shit is tacky as hell.

No it's you copping out because you have no real argument and want shit handed to you on a silver platter like an SJW in the tech industry

The only good thing would be that it keeps the newfags out, but with a population of maybe 30 it doesn't fucking matter.
I might have wrote my last post wrong, the first period was supposed to be a comma and the comma should have been a period.

Any yurotrash servers?

holy shit the amount of autistic shitflinging happening in this thread right now is retarded. Why the fuck is anyone even trying to find the shittiest way to implement loadouts when the game doesn't even function properly?

contracts are shit. Having an artificial restriction on what shit you can equip, "natural" or not is retarded in a multiplayer-only game and you should feel retarded.

I completely agree with what you're saying about this but can we save this autism for when if devanon implement loadouts?

This entire argument is fucking worthless until some fag goes and makes a fork with shit anyways, so can we drop this crap and go back to playing video games now?

almost forgot

why, valve

Quick-Fix is better than Medi Gun.

why?

Even comp allows like 10x more weapons than this does.

What's the point of unnecessarily restricting gameplay options? Weapons aren't cosmetics.

Because right now there are no actual weapons to add. Because simply adding models doesn't make them work in game, their functionality is dictated by code that doesn't exist in vintage.

TO THE WEAPON FAGS
It ain't happening till the game gets everything fixed neatly and nicely and even then we'd have to make code for the weapons, so unless you want to help stop bitching about weapons. that simple

FITE ME! I DARE U!

No, here's the (you) you were looking for though.

Fuck off, (1) and done.
The last played is when I checked how the game was now.

Link the account page, you dorks.

Used to websites where you have an account and public record?

Make way

It hurts seeing what has become of TF2. The last good update was the Engineer update. Since then I've only occasionally shared some unusuals from retarded kids

:: i didn't logged in for months, work brings me more satisfaction
:: i only play this game one month straight per year or two
thanks for all the (you)'s, but… no thanks, thanks for admitting my special needs though.

I understand that kids want to bring back the good ol' times, but why not accept that all games are total shite and we would rather create our own from scratch? That is the process of creation and the maximum both mental and moral satisfaction of a process of a creation.

And we were laughing at our parents listening to some sher "singing", yet now we are listening to "modernized" version of 80's bad quality drum beats and call it "aesthetic".

My call is that of an interested person who would rather participate in an act of creation, rather than "recreation", which is at best "reanimation" of a fallen game which is itself is fun only when you play with friends (like every other crap game out there). Volvo was done when they decided to bring "dota 2" to life, not looking for the original creator of that map (who was a russian blizzard forum moderator at the long passed moment; boy i wish you were there listening to his cries to eternity! he probably hanged himself though).
So, let's create something new and call it a day. And bash some hipsters while we are at it.

You gain more (You)s and a bit of an ego boost.

Why put effort into creating anything new?
Plus, we're having fun.

Anyone up for a game?

sure

Oh yeah let me check my Holla Forums Karma and all the replies I've ever recieved.
OH WAIT

TWO MINUTES TI:L LAUNCH

we arena now

Alright, I'm joining.

IT'S LIVE

Mega link mirror:
mega.nz/#!mBEzwToA!xO5nd5P_pEPqUm0A5dkSHImPX8_FrFS6-C0Kq2w1p18

My posts are good enough to be put on a plaque.

Well that explains everything.
Begone THOT.

Give me my fucking (You).

Jesus Christ, I hope we're not playing with honest-to-God tripfags

maybe you should join and find out

I've got stuff to do now but I will absolutely be on at night

this isn't v3

Never change this.

don't intend to

also v2.9/v3 maps that are packaged with it use that compression format, so sappy and other server owners will need to do a fresh install as well.

the act of creation is the best thing that can happen to you, faggot. Just do that once, it's nothing like your worthless neet's lifestyle.

So are people playing today or is everyone just downloading 2.9 now?

Can ctf_hellfire and highertower be removed from the map pool please?

some are waiting for 2.9 to download so yeah

Is it even possible to have a good game on hightower, let alone highertower?

thirty minutes until the ooomph

Oh boy, i cant wait to download 4 gigs at 1.5MBs

I want to host a server in Europe (I hosted Europoor for tf2c sometime ago) but all links ITT except for github are dead.

2.9 released so all the old 2.5 links are dead. next thread we'll have the links fixed

See read you finnish fuck.

It takes forever to unpack all this shit.

I'm not finish dummy, does it have linux binaries or do I have to compile myself ? I remember I had to compile this stuff myself for europoor… I don't fucking remember how I set up this server, I know I need to install steam and download the source sdk MP but we'll see how it goes. Unless someone has a guide.

it does, all releases will contain the binaries

may i ask why you're not finnish ?

Because I was born outside of Finland I guess. Also I'm not Mongolian, I don't go to sauna every day, I don't snipe russians on regular basis (I wish I was) and I don't have spurdo / gondola in my herb.

Is anyone on?
I fear everyone's going to spend their friday doing stupid things like hanging out with friends and family instead of playing tf2v.

Can you make a package of the stuff only needed for the server ? I have a tiny SSD on the server, don't want to take all the space with unncessesary models and sounds etc.

It takes forever to get this ready. Give it some time.

My server will be 24/7, it's on dedicated server not on my own PC.. Just make sure to come. I could probably host another game on top of it, the server is quite good.

There were people playing about an hour ago. I had to go run some errands but I'm up and ready right now.

downloading V2.9 now

I hope i dont have to do this with 3.0

Is memesystem not on 2.9 yet or somthing?

Are we stef posting now?

why are people not finnish ? it's like the best thing ever.

wait, wait, okay, okay, i just downloaded it and i have no fuggin clue what to do with it
no executable in sight, what do

i love you too

Read the moddb page. Download source multiplayer 2013 base in steam tools. Stick tf2vintage in your sourcemods folder in steam. Restart steam. Launch tf2vintage.

Source SDK 2013 multiplayer base*

i thought this thing didn't use steam.

There is a way to not use steam but i have no idea.

If this is who I think it is. I thought you said your XP machine crapped out after the massive amounts of micspam from everyone when we were playing TF2C?

well if there's no other way than steam i'm not using it. what would the appeal be if i can just take tf2 from steam, have all items, all maps and all games with a few thousands more players without any bugs or glitches ?

You have to deal with hats, non stock weapons, worse optimization, clashing art styles with hats, hackers, traders, "friendlies", ect.

SERVER WHEN?

there IS a no steam method. Read the previous threads, the second post.

it's not and sappy isn't responding

OP completely forgot this

It does when 10 people micspam at once. This box is much newer than the one used on the original XP server.

How about "who's_the_retarded_nigger_responsible_for_this.jpg"

memesystem is running on 2.9

REMEMBER YOU NEED A CLEAN INSTALL of 2.9 DO NOT TRY TO PATCH 2.5 OR SHIT WILL BREAK

On Europoor I almost had a MicRadio, where I had music on the server and a ghost player playing it over the "mic". I should try doing it again, the quality wasn't even that bad.

Does this use the beta shading seen in pre-release material?

No, however there are mods that do just that so grab em from game banana

Oh that's good information, I'm going to try that out

you wanna go whole hog there is a HD beta model pack that works in tandem with the ultimate beta lighting mod.

The model pack requires you to install it first THEN the lighting to work. also back up the medic head model and textures because the beta pack fucks up and removes em by accident

can't see shit cap'n

steam revemu users need IP address to connect

Vintage XPerience
104.228.168.228:27015

memesystem
173.17.10.105:30001

Still can't connect, the last version worked just fine. TF2 doesn't need to be installed, right?

memesystem is currently down, dunno if XP allows no-steam

i'm fucking giving up

okie doke.

pastebin.com/8GMQPSSy

pastebin for the next thread

I'm on Steam and can't find either.

anyone playing?

everyone's left for today. wait until tomorrow. people usually start joining at around 4PM

crap, shouldve got here earlier ill be playing joint ops then

It's just that not everyone has downloaded 2.9 yet and memesystem was outdated for a bit. Most players on at a time was 7 anyways. Tomorrow should jump back to normal.

Don't be silly; No one here has friends.

i'll be your friend.

So is someone gonna make a new thread with the 2.9 download and anti-steam instructions so we can get a big weekend pop?

Ah, what a shame, I was dying to play today.

We played a pretty good game on highertower. Distilled autism so pure it'd make Everclear look like toilet water.

Wait, what? You're telling me that 2007 TF2 is wasted on a shitty map like hightower? Who voted for this shit?

once we get to page 13

To be fair this isn't strictly 2007 TF2, if that was the case we wouldn't even have PL/PLR

no no, its HIGHER tower, as in a skyscraper.

No, it's *higher*tower.

Still garbage, pretty shameful. Would be a million times better playing on an actual map.

Fuck, who is up for more?

On a more serious note, can we please have less meme maps or at least keep them low in the rotation?

complain to sappy

Someone get AGDQ on this.
We need to make the payloads stop floating.

I could just edit the OP

thread is past the bump limit we'll save it for the next thread

very well

:^)

New thread?

Any reason why my clean 2.9 installation has a different map than memeserver?

what gives

seems sappy changed shit after changing it.

and of coruse he's fucking offline

what exactly did 2.9 fix?

I'll take "What is a load of horseshit?" for 500 alex
clean install of 2.9

Sappy wanted to use his 2.5 files instead of the 2.9 files, so he's using the 2.9 version with 2.5 files causing the map errors.

The only thing you should back up is your playerstats.dmx file.

i fucked up copying some of my custom shit pls no bully

fucking figured.

Happens to the best of us so whatever

I bet you don't even run this game on a toaster with 15 fps

Fuck, i just deleted the whole thing. Rip my player stats.

You are in insecure mode. You must restart before you can connect to secured servers

Because I told devanon repeatedly not to add extra maps to 2.9 and he did anyways.
I'm not fixing it, if you get an error on anything other than a pre-Mannconomy map it's up to you to fix.

Can someone upload it to a normal host that I can just wget ? Mega won't let me (it acts as if I downloaded 5GB today already, moddb is like 500kb / sec…. I'm trying to host a server.

Nevermind, suddenly it jumped to 11Mb/s.
Check these trips

I don't get it though you had the maps from 2.9 then you roll back, that makes no sense you're fucking people over

Can I run TF2V on a toaster?

Salami Inc TF2V Division server is up.
24/7 european server

should be able to. there's actually a guide to optimize TF2 for toasters. should follow that

Where dubsman? Please I need to know.

Google tf2 max fps config

Will do, thanks.

Is TF2V not compatible with metamod ? It worked for me on TF2C server.

You know he is the one providing a service for everyone else and he hasn't actually broken the server. You might take that into account when you assemble your list of insults

he actually has, he rolled up to 2.9 only to roll back for no given reason. Then we have another server op waiting on v3 binaries when those are still being sorted and will be delivered as a patch instead of it's own version unless more fixes come along.

I'm not angry I'm just trying to understand the logic behind these actions

My server is up

well sappy's server is back to running 2.9 it seems.

In any case hopefully the spy issue will be resolved

Glad to see there's a european server as well
come playing faggots

I'll be there shortly

Hold on Benis, i'm installing steam on windows

don't need steam

But I I need sdk even though I copied the linux version, it downloads everything from scratch fucking hell

OP omitted it but there's a way,

2nd post is always supposed to be steamrevemu

NEW THREAD