Why is it when pic related is introduced to most shooters it fucks the game up massively by screwing the flow of the...

Why is it when pic related is introduced to most shooters it fucks the game up massively by screwing the flow of the game as well as promoting cancerous play practices?

Other urls found in this thread:

thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/02/robert-farago/shotgun-penetration-with-various-rounds/
brassfetcher.com/Shotguns/Maximum Effective Range/Buckshot.html
smith-wessonforum.com/ammo/387181-12-gauge-00-000-buck.html
esportsearnings.com/games/160-quakeworld
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you referring to the suppressor or the scope?

The ghillie suit.

He is obviously referring to the white male.

This.

well most shooters make it a one shot kill and lets you run around with it.

virgin detected

Spotted your problems, OP. Cut that shit out.

Is that a training rifle? Why does it look so strange? I know little about guns, by the way.

Not going to lie, you anons gave me a good chuckle.

Well I think it does boil down to that it is a one hit wonder which you can run around with, don't have to setup, never compensate to wind, range, weather, bullet drop etc and on top of most games if you're further away a lot of objects will not render meaning someone who should realistically be hidden and unable to be seen sticks out like a sore thumb. Biggest cancer is when somehow sticking a scope on a gun makes it do more damage

B-but it's fun with friends user :^)

It's a fully automatic slave powered assault machine rifle. Fires supersanic armor pierceing high explosive baby seeking holocaust creating paintball missiles :^)

Because the only game I can remember that actually calculated the ballistics of every round with decently accurate physics was Delta Force. Everyone else fakes it with shitscans.

Doesn't ArmA III tout around its ballistics?

So much technological regression

Arma you'd think would take a lot of shit into consideration but actually it doesn't. In fact it suffers probably most from bad snipers trope but that's because it fucks so much other shit up as well.

I think you're right that it does, and since it's multiplayer it might explain why it's not super popular (it's a good game and a lot play, but nothing like what I meant… CS:GO, Halo, Quake, any game with a sniper rifle/railgun, etc.).

Go play Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis with your friends. There isn't a single "competitive" multiplayer first person shooter that isn't terrible.

pro sniper rifles have to be tacticool and bolt action for muh perfect accuracy

Patently false. I don't understand how faggots can "play" Mindshats, and then bitch about "muh graphics" of QuakeWorld.

QuakeWorld CTF is "competitive" and it isn't terrible.

It's not that they can't simulate shit, it's that normalfags think that the sniper rifles with actual ballistics aren't fun to use. They like the one hit kill, point and click bullshit. Normalfags don't enjoy the concept of putting in work to get your kills, but they will also never know the satisfaction of getting a rocket launcher headshot on a guy sliding at 50km/h in Titanfall.

Wew lad

I think honestly most games would benefit immensely from having "Sniper Rifles" removed since they make the gameplay in most games fucking trash as all it promotes is fags wanting to sit and point and click, pad "muh k/d" and contribute in reality nothing of value to their team.

Some games have sniper rifles that are enjoyable to use while going fast. Battlefield gives you the ability to take off the scope and use it as a nigger'd close range one shot weapon. And Titanfall does it well, because in that game, if you go slow you die, not to mention that two of the three sniper rifles are projectile based, and the third can only kill in two bodyshots or one headshot.

Battlefield funny enough is a prime example of removing snipers making the game better. Remember Forgotten Hope mod removing them as an option with there only being 1 or 2 kits in the entire map if ever which forced players to actually attack and not sit like faggots with their thumb up their ass. Kike Company was worse for it since you would get half the team as "recon" class sitting with their thumbs up their asses wondering why nobody would take any points.

This is a line oft-repeated by people who don't actually play arena shooters, yet wish to virtue signal their "patrician taste" while they're actually garbage eaters and play coddlefield.

There's no inbetween with snipers. Either you're completely useless or paramount to your team's victory.

Fishing for (you)'s I see?

Most games they are mainly annoying, more so on your side than the enemy as most players who pick up anything with a scope most of the time become dead weight.

I used to take the marker gun to those faggots and light them up like christmas trees.

I stopped playing TF2 partly because of this shit. Other parts being the introduction of casual, removal of pubs, etc.

But still tho, the snipers are fucking insane in TF2 now.

There's a reason snipers are hated in RL by the enemy.

Because it's difficult, not very fun, and a lot of work to do sniper rifles properly in a muktiolpley game.

probably built to be as light as possible

Depends on the game. Usually it's because there's no proper counter implemented that the sniper needs to look out for and the snipers on your own team are too focused on getting muh kills to stroke their ego with instead of counter-sniping to give the opposing snipers a harder time.

get good faggot

I see myself as nature, i only weed out the weak and stupid.

Because, it's easier to git gud with the sniper than it is to learn how to fight snipers. So go sniper and counter-snipe slowly while fucking up as many runners as you can. COD 2 is a great example: Sniping was insanely easy, but retards never learned to run sub-gun with smoke so the game devolved into sniper battles.

The entire 'pro' sniper roster of some TF2 events has gotten a vac-ban man. Its just hackers creeping up their autoaim to meet the skill of another secret hacker.

Most multiplayer games are like this I suspect, even among casuals. I've seen 4-12 server regulars that secretly airblast/esp/autofight/autoaim hack, just so they could be respected by the rest of server playing videa gawms. Everyone else is either blind or considers it a character quirk.

Come play TF2 Vintage with the other anons, the only insanely good sniper you have to deal with is Bachingo.

Also games like TF2 using hitscan is cancer for snipers since there is no bullet drop so they just need know how the hitbox works in game and can drop you to the point you swear they're hacking

Because most game devs can't into balancing.
I understand your frustration OP, snipers are fun vacuums.

Because they're inherently overpowered weapons that don't need any semblance of teamwork to be effective. So they attract cancer that wants to be overpowered and farm kills for themselves regardless of anything else that's going on.

TF2 snipers don't hold a candle to AWP users in CS:S. Try playing a game in de_dust without getting headshot through a wall, by a clanfag with a unicode character riddled name.

Because one-shot kills from a distance with very little load time between each shot, while cool as a concept, are unfair and not very videogame-y. Unless given a hard counter (planes/drones/jammers/etc) or some form of downside, which most of the time they aren't, they will feel like all they do is fuck over game flow.

The bigger problem is why LMG's suck dick and most games dont either simulate supression or do it very poorly.

My guess is that they never make the sniper rifles an actual challenge to use. They just require you to do the same shit with regular rifles except that you have a slower rate of fire. You don't have to take bullet drop and wind into account and even if the game takes those things into account, they just let you run around the same as everyone else, even though you're hauling way heavier gear.
It doesn't help that shit like Counter Strike made snipers into some kind of memetic, ultra tacticool supersoldier, instead of being a job where your main weapon is math and patience. So, since everyone wants to be the specialest soldier, you get teams flooded with faggots running around with sniper rifles, caring only about their K/D rather than doing anything else.

Because if they make it remotely realistic then all you spergs will whine about it

Because most games don't put any logical limits on them except they fire kinda slow. Even if you do manage to get closer to a sniper, he can still probably instakill you with a headshot at close range, then run across the map to a different hiding spot.

Bolt actions are more accurate than semi-autos because the bolt always locks up the exact same in the breech, where as Semi-autos are good, but not perfectly locked up every single shot.

List of things I was banned from using:
One guy had to learn the hard way that sniping didn't work on me. I knew all his spots (dude was stupidly obvious), and he never learned shoot and scoot. Was easy as hell to bait with smoke, too.

Yeah, but occasionally you have that one guy who completely locks down an objective because the instant somebody pops their head out they get iced.

Because a lot of games with snipers make them generally easy to use and allow you to run around freely with one. The worst offender for sniperfaggotry is battlefield where they are a plague that ruin all fun because they make up half the team and jerk off on one isolated corner of the map and shoot anything that moves regardless of distance.

A good way to fix sniper balancing is by making it a limited selection class and not allowing you to run around one shotting like a prick by forcing you to go prone similar to how some games balance MGs by forcing you to use the bipod.

I was a dick to those guys back when I played CoD4. Would stand next to them just popping off with my pistol to highlight their location on the map till someone greased'em

file this one away, kids: if a chinese enemy attacks you in anything from a videogame to a real army, simply do something unorthodox and they'll freeze up

Developers are retarded.
Most of them don't realize it does not matter at all if a gun is unwieldy and shoots slow enough to deal the lowest dps in game if every time you click you get a kill.

What is the purpose of that text?

I don't see it

It's the r93 blaser with a straight pull bolt

Snipers have an important role in online FPS games, especially if it's some round-based mode. They ensure that nobody can run around like a headless chicken without taking a huge risk. They slow down the game a bit and forces you to think and take cover.

That's what LMG's should be for.

Yeah, I know and I actually was about to say that in a perfect world the suppressive fire would be provided by light machine guns but no game have done it well as far as I know.

Funny enough this is where mods for games shine Mare Nostrum plus Darkest Hour for Red Orchestra and Forgotten Hope Mod for Battlefield in particular ARMA manages it only in PvP.

It's good to hear that at least someone gets it right. I haven't really played FPS games online in many years but when I did I was always kind of annoyed how LMGs just felt like clumsy assault rifles without any real benefit or purpose.

Because they're one hit kills, they promote zero team work because most retards prefer not to work as a team, your KDR is often through the roof because you'll always be killing more people then you are being killed which further puts it into their retarded brains that "They're doing something| despite only getting a kill every 2-3 minutes

LMG's in video games are so widely exaggerated it's hilarious, they have the accuracy of an in game shotgun except they fire one bullet at a time

Meanwhile both shotguns and LMG's in combat are accurate between 100 and 200 yards, most combat shotguns are sighted for 100-150 yards and some single shots are sighted for 200 yards

Some lmgs can be accurate up to 1km and have similar barrels to sniper rifles albeit for different purposes. My personal pet gripe with snipers in most games is that to compensate for them devs often neuter shotguns, lmgs and even assault rifles just so they can accommodate faggots otherwise they would bitch about snipers being terrible for most engagements

Yeah, but at least shotguns have their own niche and purpose as "melee" weapons basically. It's not realistic but it brings some variety to the gameplay. In way too many games LMG is just a shitty assault rifle and you're better off just using an AK or whatever. Sure the big magazine is nice but all the video game characters reload an assault rifle in a blink of an eye whereas it takes way too long to reload an LMG which kind of undermines the benefit of the box magazine. I like LMGs because they look cool but I always feel like I'm just making my life difficult for not just carrying an assault rifle instead.

Subhuman.

They make LMG's, Shotguns and assault rifles inaccurate shit because children cry that they keep getting hit at 100 yards

A shotgun with buckshot should pretty much be an instant kill within 75 yards, or instant at up to 150 yards with slugs, but then they endlessly cry they're dying instantly

This is why people flock to Overwatch and ignore Titanfall and Battlefield, extremely low TTK games punish terrible players amazingly

Shotguns in almost all FPS are shit, only games I know of where shotties are not dog shit is Battlefield, Titanfall, some call of duty games and HALO: Combat Evolved, and HALO the reason shotties were amazing is because the game did not have an online PVP mode

It's how gun makers classify their guns accuracy range, sue me

You're not a gun maker, it's not that hard to convert imperial to metric.

You can always judge the quality of a shooter by how good their shotguns are :^)
Also thought of Resistance and Liberation. That WW2 sauce mod that plays like a far less clunky Red Orchestra. Why haven't we had a gamenight for that yet?

Buckshot is 100% defeated by soft armor, spreads roughly 1"/yard (so 8 #00 pellets spread over 6 feet at 75 yards), and one 55gr pellet is actually less powerful than a single .380.

Realistically, shotguns are one of the worst weapons you could have in a firefight.

It's not just TTK. It's that most retards who play modern CoD clones only want to bullrush without even a hint of thinking. If the games were more realistic, that is the weapons would work as they do IRL, then the retards would just get massacred and actally would have to apply effort into getting good, which their inflated egos wouldn't allow. Plus most of these games are targeted at console children so having realistic weapon mechanics wouldn't really work with the ass retarded controller that's designed for platformers and hack and slash games.

you're just making his case stronger

You 100% have no idea what you're talking about, as 00 Buckshot will easily shred and kill a full size Buck at 75 yards, which is why hunters when hunting deer try not to use buckshot because it mangles the body severely

Is this technically the best shooter then?

Did you really just claim that casuals don't play Battlefield?

Poe's Law in full effect here. I don't know if this is satire about how unrealistically powerful shotguns are portrayed in vidya, or if you really don't understand easily googled terminal ballistics.

I never implied that, but far far less casuals play Battlefield due to the low TTK

Maybe shotguns IRL with 00 buckshot are far stronger than you think they are

thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/02/robert-farago/shotgun-penetration-with-various-rounds/

brassfetcher.com/Shotguns/Maximum Effective Range/Buckshot.html

user… nothing you posted contradicted anything I said.

What, you mean those gelatin blocks at 100 yards?

And how 00 buckshot easily passes 12 inches?

And how the military uses 00 buffered buckshot which can kill at more than 150 meters and a hunter

Man, look at all these liars then

smith-wessonforum.com/ammo/387181-12-gauge-00-000-buck.html

Face it, 00 buck is incredibly lethal at ranges of 100+ yards, a deer has significantly more mass than a person does

I think you need to go back and re-read my first post again.

Yeah I did

So when your arms/neck/face/legs are ripped off by 00 buckshot and you're laying on the ground quickly dying you can perish comfortably with the thought that 00 buckshot was ineffective against your chest armor at 100 yards

>arms/legs ripped off by a 55gr pellet at ~1200fps
I suspected this was some elaborate shitposting, but I'll admit, you still had me fooled. Well played, well played.

Yeah, those double fist sized holes in those gelatin blocks is sure one single tiny pellet

The problem is that with a shotgun, unless you use slugs, the penetration of the pellets at range is not good enough against modern body armor. The kind of armor we wore in the army covers most of the body, including the upper arm and groin.
In a 'realistic' video game it'd almost never make sense to use a shotgun for combat either, as you can use an actual assault rifle at any range you can could use a shotgun, and more.

The guy is a fool, he brings up a .380 in his vs again 00 buckshot when easily googled 9mm Browning only has an effective penetration range of 55 yards, half the effective range of 00 buck let alone 000 buck, which he then says is more effective against body armor with half the effective range of large buckshot

Again, the man is a fool, there is a reason combat troops carry assault shotguns, they fucking work

Maybe is not super popular becase it's not that easy to have a basic knowledge, forcing you to spend time learning controls and how the game works (soldier, vehicles, etc), you need to take some time in the missions (can't play it a moment and go to other things like CSGO) and playing alone is difficult

Heh. Shotguns are exclusively used in a a breach stack, and you'll note that after the door is breached, soldiers with assault rifles are the ones clearing the rooms.

It's painfully obvious that you're just making shit up, fam.

Also:
Another thing that was never said. This is turning into some bottom-level shitposting now. It's like trying to reason with a child.

rekt everyone on the fucking map, every time

game didn't have any concept of how poorly nonrifled weapons shoot

You are cringy as fuck

psst

nothing personnel kid

This implies it works better against body armor, when in reality it does worse

Quit back peddling like a faggot and accept you know fuck all

Nothing of the sort was "implied" you illiterate nigger, but this does give us some insight into what you thought was being said, and why you've thrown a sperg fit over it.

Anyway, have with your magical shotguns that can "rip off arms/neck/face/legs" from 75 yards with 00 buck. This is your last (You).

Then why fucking bring up a .380 as a superior option when everything else says its an inferior option?

Doing even more reading says 12 gauge 00 buck at 30 yards would most likely be instantly lethal anyways because at 25 yards it liquefies internal organs despite being stopped by body armor

So how is 00 buckshot not useful in the military again?

Works as intended in pubg.
There's absolutely no cancerous practices or slowing of the game happening because of snipers, though shitters will lock up and hide from snipers and then cry about how there's "nothing they can do".
These give me a major fuck in pubg because I can't tell where I'm being hit from half the time - so they're also working exactly as intended.

I see nothing wrong here.

Assuming we're not talking about realism simulators, that's a pretty weak argument.

I don't think that's true. F.E.A.R. 1's shotgun is complete ass but it's regarded as one of the best shooters of our time.

Rainbow six siege is fun and tacticool

I never played Rainbow Siege myself, but I did play Raibow Six Vegas. Now THAT was fun as fuck with friends. I was always that one dickhead who spammed tear gas.

Problem with AWPs in CS:S/1.6 is that most servers just give you max cash right away, so anyone can just buy AWP every round without having to worry about economy.

Remember to cut your wrists lengthwise for effect; not across for attention, underage b& summerfag.

How edgy

The game is weirdly good for being ubishit……all guns have actually different recoil, bullet holes and shit….shotty are balance to the type of game so they keep doing light damage after 20m~ i guess because the maps aren't that big and snipe is well done each other update solo is nice to learn the gunplay but having people via mic to organize is perfection to be tacticool on playing or you can run and gun hoping the enemy team are scrubs other wise it's a sure loss

But user, it is by definition an esports title: esportsearnings.com/games/160-quakeworld

Truth hurts :^)

Not really no, quite a lot of recon troops use shotguns as their main pointman weapon although some have switched to LMG's. Yes, recon squads are much more likely to carry shotguns than marksman rifles

Going to need a source on that one, laddy.

Experience

That's not a source

You won't get a source on it because it's not the sort of thing that anyone bothers to report and in most operations when they are used nobody is allowed to talk about them. Trust me though in an environment such as in Grenada and Panama shotguns were used a lot. Even if you go further back to Vietnam which was only just over 30 years ago they were used a lot then. Just because US has been fighting sandniggers for the past two decades playing policeman rather than proper fighting doesn't meant they don't get used. If you are really desperate for current combat use of shotguns you should look at Syria where Britbongs use them all the fucking time in Syria at present as well as the Russians.

I'm not talking about 30+ years ago, I'm talking about now, where they're relegated to breaching as they're vastly inferior to other conventional arms. Compare, say, the M1014 which I actually owned, and recently sold, great gun, pic related with the MK17, which has seen mass adoption among SOF.

Modern, well-equipped fighting forces understand that there's a time and a place for shotguns, and that isn't when you're actively being shot at and attempting to return fire. It's a tool that can be used as a weapon in a pinch, not the other way around.

Obviously against unarmored civilians it's fantastic, which is why I bought that Benelli M4 in the first place (and later replaced it with a cheap 590A1 and lots of LE132-1B). At CQC ranges, you have an extremely high chance of a one-shot stop, which makes it a great home defense weapon, since niggers typically don't wear kevlar, but again, it's a highly sub-optimal weapon for actual combat due to issues against barriers, armor, effective range, volume of fire, capacity, reload speed (for tube-fed), and ammo weight, all of which are significant problems. If I'm shooting them in my hallway, I'll grab the 590A1. If I'm defending my home from the chimpocalypse, I'm grabbing my AKM.

you just made me realize why people get shotguns for self defense

I see sights, but they're blocked by the magazine. Actually, on closer inspection, they're really not. They stick out to the side just a bit. Kinda cool.

Price (a quality pump starts at $300, a quality AR starts around $800), along with the general mythos of shotguns are the biggest factors, but for sure, the idea that dead burglars can't testify isn't lost on prospective buyers. In a perfect world, you wouldn't need to, but it's easier to legally "justify" a single shot center-mass with a shotgun, rather than tapping them 5+ times with the 9 in your night stand while you're half asleep and praying for a CNS hit to drop them, which, if the DA decides to fuck you zim-zam style, could be seen as "excessive force".

BFBC2 is the best multiplayer MMS but snipers are still very overpowered in it. For instance the last recon sniper is an 1hko up close and that range gets extended with magnum ammunition. I used to run around with a cqc sight and I'd kill people before they even had a chance to shoot back at me. Sometimes people would get me from behind and I'd turn around and kill them, and I'd have 80-60% health left.
Not sure if all of them do but most snipers also kill in 1 shot to the head at any range so if you could do the easy task of pointing your crosshair at someone's head you'd be basically invincible.

The way one would make snipers not overpowered in a generic modern shooter would be not allowing hipfire, giving a delay before you can shoot after zooming in (can't shoot while the guy is lifting his gun and putting his eye behind the sight), having scope sway that can't be removed by holding a "stop breathing" button unless you're lying down (assuming it's an unrealistic shooter that's horrible enough to have a prone mechanic, otherwise scope sway at all times) and that increases while moving. Also never allow them to 1hko a person at full health. Bolt actions generally 2 shots, semi autos generally 3 while being all around worse outside of the better rate of fire.
These things would ruin a sniper's effectiveness up close, while making long range sniping actually take precision, calculation and precaution instead of LINE UP CROSSHAIR AND GET K/D.
One of the reasons snipers are so overpowered in most games is that while with all other guns you have to mind things such as recoil, accuracy and how long it takes to kill, with snipers you can just point and click for an 1 shot kill and skip all of that stuff, and developers are too retarded to figure out a fix. With my ideas those things would appear in different forms in a sniper rifle while presenting valid game logic.

Casuals play battlefield specifically because of the low TTK.

hey are alright in stealth games like Splinter Cell.

I think they did multiplayer snipers right in Dust 514. Because they were almost never 1-hit kills unless you got a headshot and you have to actually be crouching to stop the sway, players could rarely quickscope effectively. And camping at the redline or on a tower was always fruitless because you never had a clear shot of the action for long and it was difficult to actually get a kill so at most players doing this would just annoy stragglers until they got squished by a dropship or brained by a counter-sniper that actually knew what they were doing. However, if snipers were fitted to a suit with good mobility like a scout or a commando, then they provided a great tactical advantage in suppression, sabotage and recon. And if the player was skilled and had a high quality controller, they were downright terrifying.

The simplest way to balance them is to just bring up weapon damage to a moderately realistic level, like what you get with Hardcore mode in BC2. With Hardcore's ultra-low ttk, Recons were paradoxically far less oppressive, since your Assaults had a much easier time bullying them with insta-kill M203s, your Engineers could shatter their shitters with precision AT4 dickings, and your medics could counter-snipe them with LMGs. You needed the right map, and great positioning to be successful as a Recon on Hardcore unless you wanted to just run around and kill niggers with your VSS.

Sadly, BC2 is even deader than Battleborn, bringing the total worthwhile multiplayer FPS to 0

How to balanced Snipers in vidya 101

There, we just fixed snipers.

But, what about 360 no scope faggotry? Ru a homophobe user!?

Instead of bolt action cant you just really limit it also to ammo count they can carry?

Sounds like you need to play Rising Storm 2

I guess you could say it was personnel kid.

You have to go back.

Wasted dubs.
>>>/reddit/

Why is it when pic related is introduced to most shooters it makes them a million times better immediately?

Because visceral feedback is always fun, same reason why double barreled shotguns are so much fun in vidya.

Typically devs give it the damage of what you would realistically expect a 7.62x51 rifle to deal, while other handguns are woefully underpowered by comparison.

Snipers were a mistake.

The huntsman makes this even worse, it's a cqc-built sniper. And long range sniping doesn't even really happen in tf2 because of how closed most maps are.

It's actually really fun mainly because of the massive amounts of salt it produces. I look down apon cheating, but with how trash TF2 is now I don't care. Would never cheat on TF2V though. Get a gang of 4 or more and the votekick will not work. Lmaobox discord for the team, easy as pie. Crashing a server with other hackermans never gets old when you see the salt coming from leddittf2 and compfags.

Stay mad cuckboi.