So how many edgy faggot game journos are going to be saying that Sonic Mania sucks and that Sonic was never good when...

So how many edgy faggot game journos are going to be saying that Sonic Mania sucks and that Sonic was never good when it drops tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/896047063024025602),
metro.co.uk/2017/07/04/sonic-mania-and-sonic-forces-hands-on-preview-and-interview-the-focus-is-on-old-school-fans-6753357/
sonicstadium.org/2016/04/takashi-iizuka-is-in-the-us-to-oversee-new-sonic-games/
archive.fo/sXPDx
archive.li/Jt8lq
archive.is/1n67D
opencritic.com/game/4493/sonic-mania
youtu.be/bjH7S5v1mJo?t=141
mynintendonews.com/2017/08/15/sonic-mania-doesnt-arrive-until-after-midnight-on-nintendo-switch/
mobile.twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/897265137643528193
mega.nz/#!pxdXxCJL!9Sf1m5JzQUzV5Bz7D4WIXacyNkf249LtjjwS_gV16xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All of them. And they'll praise Forces too.

A certain number of them. Speaking of numbers, check these numbers.

I don't think it'll be because Sega is paying them enough (unless Sonic Team is desperate to save their hide and went behind Sega's back to pay some off- They've said depending on what does better will affect how the series continues), but because they don't want the autistic nuclear dump fire of the Sonic fanbase giving them shit.

Though by that logic, both forces and Mania will get praise and minimum scores of 7.

I'm hoping the PC delay isn't for Denuvo. It always causes problems, and could be the only thing to shoot Mania in the foot (assuming it's well made).

im fuckin pissed it doesn't release until like september on PC

IGN gave it 8.7.

yeah, we were only 4 days away, they didn't even tell us why.

Why would they be against sonic? Is the fanbase too autistic to subvert?

Pick one and only one.

Isn't the new pc release date just ten days away?

>>>/cuckchan/

The steam page says 2 weeks away.

Ten days away isn't September.

Polygon gave it a 7

Which one? Mania or Forces?

Was probably too hard for them

They'll say it's Skyrim with Sonic

Mania.

Kinda low, but not bad.
Like says, difficulty (I.e. real challenge) might knock it down a few points for them.
I mean I suck at vidya and will probably suck at this, but I'm not paid to be good at it and offer an opinion on it.

Are you IGN too?

My favourite reviews are these where the text has nothing but praise towards the game, but then you look at the score they gave it and see a 6,1, probably changed last-minute because of "editorial line". Did Sonic Mania get any of these?

It's too difficult for them and they don't understand the point of the god damn game to begin with.

the CIA has a reason to subvert any community with at least 100 people in it

they hate sonic because they hate themselves

I am literally amazed at how bad most of the players on youtube videos of the game actually are. Even if they've never played a sonic game before, there is simply no excusing not being able to work out gameplay mechanics with obvious visual cues - that most of us managed to work out easily at the age of 5 or whatever. Seeing players on actual gaming channels fail to understand basic tropes that are pretty much ubiquitous in gaming really does make one think.

Also, the lazy stupidity of these retards in failing to understand what made the classics great (revolutionary) games is extremely galling - particularly when we now have documentary proof that they simply can't get to grips with the physics (which are extremely intuitive). Gaming """""jounalism'"""" truly is cancerous, and I can think of no finer exhibit than the collective autism regarding classic sonic.

There are fourteen days in two weeks. Anyway, it's coming out on the 29th August, just to clear this up.

Previously recorded arent journalists although they would actually be a step up from the (((journalists))) we have now

Nigger, what timeline do you think you're in?

It's still isn't out, but please stop using the academic school grading to rate and score games or any other form of entertainment.

Sonic was never good.

I'm only just now hearing of this. I wonder what caused the delay?

No, but it still applies to jouurnos

It got delayed until the 29th of August.

They weren't clear on why. They just said "quality issues", and to make up for it, they're giving PC users a copy of Sonic 1.

suck it drm slaves

I don't think they'll like Forces any more than Mania. Journos hate Sanic in general, be it old Sanic or new Sanic.

I'm not watching anything with AIDS moby in it.

Who?

The lowest on its metacritic page right now is a 60 among a sea of 80s and 90s, so not many, apparently.

(heiled)
The tall, skinny bald fuck to the right of the short fat one in the thumbnail.

sick dubs.

He's part of RLM. He's not Mike Stoklasa or Richy boy so no one really knows his name.

Hell I don't know his name.

NO BULLY

I'm hearing a good number of the reviews right now are rating it as low as 6 on the classic 7-10 scale of quality because they literally cannot understand how 2D sonic works. They can't even comprehend how the damage system works. Constantly either saying "SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD THIS IS SHIT WHY DID I BUY IT" to "HOW DO I GO FAST I KEEP LOSING RINGS THIS IS SHIT"

A good chunk of the reviewers just didn't know how to play the game. At all. On the most basic level they could not play it. Worst of all they lack the determination and learning speed of a child so they just kinda give up and call it shit rather than realizing they suck or it's just not for them.

I may have read it as 7.8.
Derp.

Only one has given it a six, so far, unless we're counting youtubers.

Found this in my files.
Still relevant?

He tends to be the most cucked out of all of them (mainly on games), though he's usually slapped into line by the others teasing him- especially Rich.

I have only ever played Chakan and Kid Chameleon for the Sega Genesis and I would still say from what I have seen that Sonic is a good premise for a game. Which is the best one to play anyways? Sonic and Knuckles or 3?

They're both the same game, S&K is basically just an expansion pack.

A shame it's hitting consoles before PC. Otherwise we could look at the steam playtimes of these "reviewers".

apparently there is a game braking bug, and they need time to patch it, the bug only affects the pc version

Holy shit, these faggots dont even play video games.

That's a nice hand

Sonic 3 and Knuckles combined into the game they were supposed to be. You can find roms of the combined version, but there's a hack called Sonic 3 Complete that's basically an improved version of that, with a whole lot of extra options.

It's getting a DRM free version

Ishiggydiggy

That's not what they said. All we were given was that it's delayed for "optimization".

So I could just play 3 and then play Sonic and Knuckles and be good.
Nice try FBI

But user, Sonic was never good. Seriously.

You bazinga screeching memory holing hipster piece of shit
Stop trying to rewrite history

No, you literally combine the two. Knuckles had a port on top to stick another cartridge on it. The intent was that you would stick in 3 and get one big game with a lot of extra features neither game had.

What the fuck, I knew this, I love being old and stupid.

I do hope it bombs, mostly because I can't refund this shit. But really, even if it's successful Iizuka won't allow it to continue.

It's polygon in particular that I had in mind. It's so frustrating that people like this are reviewing games tbh.

Why do you hope it bombs? (other than being an edgy autistic teenager)

Found the underage, try harder next summer

Go easy on them. Sonic is an inherently hard game. When even the admin of a video games chan can't play the new one (which has been dumbed down tremendously), that's physical evidence that this is true.

I was in hs when Sonic came out.

I'm thoroughly convinced the average 8channer is also absolute shit at video games. I think it's all the time wasted on spread sheet PC games.

I've only played the Advance games, the Adventure games, Generations and Shadow the Hedgehog. Are the other games much harder?

They got some know-nothing jewess to review mania. Smh. Gaming journalists need to be gassed tbh.

I'm no fucking pro MLG faggot, but you really don't need to be super skilled to play fucking sonic the hedgehog

No, he's just making fun of Mark's abysmal performance when he streamed Mania early.

How so? It looks like it controls just like the old ones, and the level design doesn't look any easier really? Is it the inclusion of the drop dash that makes you say that?

Also, does anyone else wish the drop dash was bound to a different button, so we could still use the insta-shield?

What the fuck? Do you just seek out brutal difficulty or what? Those are two of the hardest fucking games on the system.

I usually judge games by the reactions of normalfags. Dragon's Dogma, for example, became my favorite game of all time and normalfags utterly despise it. Hamcreed games like Shadow of Mordor are adored by normalfags and I found it mediocre at best.

I thought Oil Ocean Act 2 was the designated choking central for the kike.

Like I said, it can't be refunded, it's a third party key. Not even from a shady russian site operating on stolen credit cards, my money did go to Sega. I got carried away by what should have been a perfect release and forgot exactly why I stopped buying games in the first place. It's fine though, I needed the reminder this industry deserves to rot and it was just a $20 game.

You do to play it well tbf. Admittedly you have to be an actual retard to play like that jew. Assuming it was his leak of lava reef I was watching - he couldn't work out press a switch to open a certain type of door. When he finally did work it out, he knew what to do for the second of these doors - but by the time he came to third one, he's apparently forgotten this little lesson, and tried to spin dash through it. Literally a fucking spastic. A spastic is leaking this much hyped game. Feel quite bitter about that tbh.

Only Sanic 1 and 2 have legitimate difficulty spikes, not like it's an actual problem. Sanic 3 and knuckles is piss easy, and that includes carnival night's plaforms.

So you want it to fail (and for there to be no more 2d sonics) because it was delayed?

It's really difficult to play these games well. As a kid, I actually found it difficult to finish sonic 1 or 2. To actually maintain speed is really fucking hard imo (but i do suck at them).

Sanic 1 is indeed hard hence why like many games of its era it demands you to git gud. Sanic 2 is only hard at the special stages (fucking Tails and his delayed following animation) and the final boss that gives you no rings.

Actually, I wish Sega would go under for ruining this. But yeah, I do hope this one 2D Sonic fails. Stealth and Taxman never stood a chance, Iizuka planned this as nothing but Forces bait for Classicfags. If they know any better, they'll go their own way after this.

Someone photoshopped up a tweet from one of the devs saying they were going to add denuvo into the game, and he probably bought it.

Oh, so it's the ending that's making you salty, ok.

You know you CAN still refund the game, the Sonic 1 doesn't go to your account until tomorrow.

You're… pissed that the ending leads into the next game they're making? Seriously?

Wow, you are severely butthurt by such an insignificant part of the game.

That's better, but I still wouldn't say 7.8 is a little low. Around 6.0 to 7.0 is what I would call a little low.

Kill yourself, scumbag.

Seems so. Utterly pathetic tbh. I hope it does well, and they get commissioned to make another (entirely new) classic sonic game. It's literally the only game I've looked forward to in years. Still gutted it's fucking delayed, but there we go.

when will rouge drop on my dick

Thank Mark for that.

I'd let her take my master emeralds if you know what I mean.

You must not be familiar with Sonic Team to believe they actually care about Classic fans. You've been duped. Welcome to the ride, newfriends.

Here's what actually happened. The community manager calls a special announcement stream right after the fat dumb kike streams the game 5 days away from release, the announcement stream begins the next morning but Aaron is stuck in an emergency meeting for 30 minutes or so, he shows up to drop the bomb that they realized only 4 days away from launch that the game is broken and requires optimization while also shitting on our faces by offering a fucking rom everyone owns on Steam, right after said stream the lead developer drops a cryptic tweet about DRMing DNA (twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/896047063024025602), people panic all the way up to Retro, Classicfags' hive where Taxman would often give updates and clues about the game, but Retro's defense force quickly rationalize this as Taxman's commenting news even though he hasn't given any context in Twitter whatsoever. That was 3 days ago and Taxman is still silent. So here we are, 4 new zones, a game built to be a prequel to Forces and a delay 4 days away from launch to add Denuvo.

But anyway, sorry for not fitting the power bottom stereotype of videogame consumers.

Is it cheating to use the level select code if you run out of continues?

But why would they delay the PC version of spite Mark if he was leaking it on the Switch?

Fuck off Sonic hater!

It isn't Sonic Team doing literally any of the work, though.

I don't think Sonic Team cares about sonic, period, which is why the past few years it's been mostly third party devs picking up the slack while they fuck around with shitty mobile cash grabs and puyo pop tetris.
You preordered the game, on fucking steam at that, if anything you've taken it in the ass hard than most here.

Aside from the PC delay, which you're right about being bullshit, you're just whining that the game isn't pandering to you exactly how you wanted it to.

That's true, but Iizuka (or was it Yuji?) was supervisioning over Mania's development to make sure the game won't be completely different from Sonic's games. Not only that, Iizuka is the one who came up with the very concept idea of Sonic Mania.

He's listed as "Supervisor" in the credits. Not producer or director, so no, that doesn't count for anything.

The people who care are "the haters", female logic is something else.

Iizuka oversaw the whole thing closely. He also came up with Mania.

They fucked me over, true, but it was my first purchase in 3 years and a discounted 20 bucks game. I could have pre-ordered it, opted not to refund while being automatically entitled to it and trying to defend what I'm now fully aware to be a shitshow, now that would be the ultimate ass drilling.

I know most of the game. I know the thought process behind it. I know the people who produced it. I know the struggle of the people who worked on it. This isn't about failing to meet expectations but getting cheated out of a game that stands on its own developed by people who threw away the little dignity they had as Sonic autists to follow their dreams.

Yuji had nothing to do with Mania.

Some of these game journos did so already.
Immediately unsubscribed, because I didn't watch their content anyway.

Are you assuming my gender?

If memory serves me right, that whole zone is prone to rare freezes. Experienced it a few times.

Again, "oversaw" doesn't tell us anything about how involved he was. Certainly not to the degree was saying. And certainly not after the reviews are out and generally favorable, when you take into account how shitty most reviewers are at games.

So what, there'll be 6 new levels at best? That's pretty shit.

Apparently the first Act of each classic stage has the original first Act from its first appearance as a "base" and then it's built off of/modified from that, while Act 2 of each is completely new.

You're complaining that a tiny portion of the game ties into Forces, despite everything else in the game standing on its own, and that there are too few original stages, despite the fact we were told early one there would be more remixed stages than completely new ones. The gameplay is still good, the level design is good, the bosses are good, the music is good, it's pretty long of a Genesis-styled game, and there's a ton of extra content. You're just complaining that the game isn't exactly what you wanted, acting as if SEGA owes classicfags something.

Sure you do. If you knew that much about the game, you wouldn't have preordered it in the first place.

Don't even bother arguing with the retard.

Your reasoning is very female, yeah. Not even trying to mock you. If that's your intent freak, great job. If not, sort yourself.

I'm trying to find the exact interview, in the meantime have this.

metro.co.uk/2017/07/04/sonic-mania-and-sonic-forces-hands-on-preview-and-interview-the-focus-is-on-old-school-fans-6753357/

Not even, 4 zones.

No shit I didn't know most of the game back then. It did look great, the details revealed were misleading and the 5 hard-boiled heavies implied at least 5 zones.

The whole plot of the game is a tiny portion? Okay. I'm sure Iizuka demanding most zones to be recycled was also a tiny portion and had nothing to do with Forces bait.

But they do. They went out of their way to preserve a game through reverse engineering. Taxman went to them for the remakes, even.

Not helping your case.

Here you go.

sonicstadium.org/2016/04/takashi-iizuka-is-in-the-us-to-oversee-new-sonic-games/

I would rather just have all the new stages with a cheaper price tag and not have to play through stages I've been through a number of times before, modified or not. I've still got my Megadrive, so the remastered stuff doesn't really appeal to me.

The ending isn't the whole plot.

Actually, Taxman's original idea for Mania was just a collection of his ports of the classic games plus a short original game. Iizuka was the guy who said to make it one big new game with remixed classic stages and some original ones. You would just be getting the games you already had, plus a small new game that would be about the size of Sonic 4 ep I, if it weren't for Iizuka.

Taxman IS one of the the fans that helped reverse engineered the games. Heck he even made a proof of concept prototype of the Sonic CD mobile version. It's what got him hired.

Yeah, I think that's fair. I'm undecided on it, since I never played through all of the original Sonics.

Yeah, that's… that's what a Supervisor does. It's an ambiguous title and, again, still doesn't say jack or shit combined about what amount of effect he had on it. My initial point is that saying, "oh you don't KNOW what Sonic Team does, you must be new!" is retarded when talking about a game where one guy from Sonic Team was involved to an ambiguous degree.

Alright. What about the intro, the Infinity rock thing and its level transitions?

Sounds good to me. I get the damn 1 and 2 remakes on a platform with real, physical, wired controls at last and Mania ends up announced as what it truly is.

Yeah. Where did I imply otherwise?

The one guy is the current head of Sonic games. He comes up with a game out of a small project by fans and it ends up being filled with Forces hooks. He even went on record saying he's hoping to get people interested in Forces through it.

Nice try FBI
Nigga what?

You mean that area that was a callback to the classic Japanese box art of Sonic and had nothing to do with Forces?
Show me how this ties into Forces besides the name being similar to Forces' villain.
Which have nothing to do with Forces?

So you're happier with two games you could already play with barely any extra features a rom hack hasn't already added, and a short new game that probably doesn't have much content, instead of a big new game with all the new zones the short original game would have had, new level design added in to remixed stages, more blue spheres courses, a ton of unlockables, and new remixes of classic tunes?

Dude, you are way too hung up on this whole Forces tie-in crap. I know the term has a stigma here on Holla Forums, but you are seriously being an entitled brat, angry that someone has dared taint your pure classic games with that abominable modern games.

I'm undecided as well. I was more excited for Generations but even then that was more of a "oh perhaps I may enjoy that game at some point" rather than really wanting to play it.

SEGA are just playing the nostalgia card again, which seems to be their marketing strategy, especially with Sonic. At least it uses the same/similar physics to the originals. I'm probably going to wait until it goes on sale if I even buy it.

Really!?
And they have the nerve to charge 15 shekels for this shit!?
They won't see a cent from me, fuck that, i don't want to play Green hill zone for the 1.000.000th time.

here's your (you)

You realize all the classic zones have new level design and mechanics incoporated into them, right?

No, I mean the Angel Island tease with the stone.
They use the exact same sound effect as Infinite and bend time, reality, dimension or whatever it is. Forces is about dimension bending/hopping.
See above.

You point me to a rom hack that had a Hidden Palace Zone even half as good, touched up level design for Tails and Knuckles, Tails and Knuckles and tons of fixes and quality of life improvements. Taxman's remakes are criminally underrated.

They really aren't that different from the originals. The lack of proper transitions for most of them, either by Forces wanking or completely missing a transition, highlight their filler nature.

What unlockables? Instashield?

Well, you got me there. Though Tee has been awfully conservative in some of his tracks.

I don't inherently hate Modern Sonic. I found Generations pretty good even and I'm severely disappointed Forces has thrown away its refinement of the boost formula in favor of reverting to Colors.

No, that's Josh. Josh only gets points because he actually knows shit about movies, otherwise he'd be the worst. Jack is completely worthless.

Josh is the shitty version of Jay, with the same film acumen.
Jack is the shitty version of Rich, with the same film acumen (ie. essentially none).

Speaking of Polygon…
archive.fo/sXPDx

I didn't realize you could burn the oil of Oil Ocean in Sonic 2 itself, or transition from foreground to background and back in the original Metallic Madness. All those bosses I thought were new must not have been, either.

Instashield, super peel-out, &Knuckles mode, and Puyo Puyo mode, to name some. Some reviews even point to there being unlockable characters.

The person who wrote that is the same one that made the infamous Doom review, to boot.

Do they mean failure?

The who the what now?

This one.

The what now? Pairing him up with Sonic or what?

Jim Sterling gave it a 9.5.
I'm currently listening to some total cunt (who's apparently such a fan he has a tattoo of sonic) explain how the game needs more hand-holding for young people. It's a fucking 2d platformer. Also he's described the old zones as having 'subtle' changes. I've seen enough to know that they've added a bunch of gimmicks and basically completely changed the layouts of the second acts. Fucking normalfags, I swear to christ.

tldr "I couldn't outdamage the boss by just throwing myself at it, fucking die and retry outdated mechanics where you need to learn the boss's pattern"
it's 2017, didn't you know bosses are too videogamey nowadays?

why the fuck would you watch that greasy whale fucker

And it's the same person who refused to review Star Fox Zero due to not gitting gud with the controls, despite being given a review copy for that exact purpose, AND was the same guy who allowed some other Polygon faggot reviewer to review Codename STEAM without beating it.

archive.li/Jt8lq
archive.is/1n67D

Oh let me fix that:

Pairing him with Knuckles. You can supposedly do it with the other characters, too.

What about Flying Battery? Lava Reef? Metallic Madness? Those have barely gotten any love from SEGA in the past.

Just searching for mania reviews whilst trying to console myself over the 2 week wait to play the fucker.

That's not a (((journalist))), that's a playtester.

Thank god Coon was made to be retard friendly.

Only if you're Mark who played nothing but Mario, giving him permanent brain damage which means he's only able to kill badniks using jump attacks. Spin dashing and turning into a ball while moving are harder than resisting the urge to grab a shekel sliding down a wood chipper's chute.

He'd make a perfect XCOM soldier.

Hey, fuck you. I can say whatever the fuck I want and you're gonna take it, you bitch. Don't cry about a difference of opinion, unless said opinion is founded upon faulty reasoning or weak premises. Even then, because opinions are cheap and anyone can have them, you shouldn't put so much stock into what people say about something. We all already know the media is shit, so just ignore it.
That's not what I'm saying, either. I'm not telling you that you should ignore it in the sense that you shouldn't pay attention to what Kotaku or IGN or whoever is saying, I'm saying you should ignore it in the sense that it's not worth getting worked up about.

Question: If you like something, and someone says something about the thing that you like, is their assessment going to ruin your experience with the thing that you like? If so, then you're one of those faggots that looks for validation through other people's agreement, and that is gay.

Wait, so it's like Dark Souls, except if you die enough times you lose all your bonfires & have to go back to the start of the area?

That sounds really terrible tbqh

This is a satirical post

You have to admit its irritating to have something you like and then some faggot gets a platform and spreads lies and halftruths about thing you like.

Yeah, fair enough. However, it's easy enough to combat that kind of bullshit by attacking their premises and countering them with a well thought out defense of whatever it is that they're ignorantly criticizing. Whether or not people will listen to you is another matter, but I'm just saying that it's not like people are prohibited from expressing a difference of opinion unless you're speaking with SJW fuckwits, but you've already thrown common sense out the window at that point, because some people will just not be reasoned with

any cool unlockables found yet?

JuSt MaKe YoUr OwN PlAtFoRm.
Also stop giving them attention, money and recognition because some dumbfuck mouthbreather will go "IF I DONATE TO TIM SCHAFFER Holla Forums WILL GET MAD I'M A FUCKING GENIOUS :^))))))))(".

itt: sonic autists rage

Super Knuckles confirmed.

Damn, you fags sure are shilling this game hard. Good thing it's for hardcore gamers such as myself, and other hardcore gamers who frequent this pictograph sharing space.

This also works when playing as Knuckles himself.

wew

Didn't summer end?

Adventure is honestly not that great. It lacks polish, it tries to be too many things at once, and the hub areas, while interesting, are primarily just padding.

I kind of like dunkey, but he clearly cherry-picked there.

YOU FAGS LEAVE SONIC ALONE!! HE'S A GOOD GOY!!

All hub worlds in any game are fucking padding, not an argument.

Only problem with SA1 are Big's stages.

Also
For these people it literally does come down to
if the answer to either is 'no', then it's a bad game. The memes are so irritatingly real sometimes.

Reminder Dunky is a spic cuck.

The insta-shield is an unlockable? Fucking brilliant. Literally the only thing I was a bit downhearted about (other than this not being an entirely new installment: but a sequel is surely going to happen unless sega are actual retards).

A console is just physical DRM, though.

Fun fact: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic X were animated by the same studio.

Wouldn't surprise me honestly, I only occasionally watch him.

From that video I assumed he was black.

AotSH was primarily done in Canada with some outsourcing done by Tokyo Movie Shinsha. Only X was done primarily by TMS

He pretends to be a black stereotype.

Didn't he said he was puerto rican as a joke on a video while making fun out of jewtube dramafags?

Were you playing on an emulator? If so, sucks to be you.

Does anyone else find it weird that some zones, such as Hydro City and Lava Reef apparently are just on Little Planet now?

Is that the story? I thought there was some kind of time travel, or inter-dimensional nonsense going on.

I ignore everything sonic related that I missed the ebin thread where it got streamed. But what's the deal with this game, I don't recall there being hype for a sonic game.

That's a big bad no-no-word for sheltered numales. Because it's like shoving a mirror into their face.

It's been heavily (((advertised))) for the past months.

I'm not sure, because there's no transition from Stardust Speedway to Hydro City or Lava Reef to Metallic Madness.

Nope, playing on original hardware.

I just replayed Sonic 3 and Knuckles for the first time in 5 years and didn't die once and didn't even during the blue sphere stages. If someone like me who sucks ass at video games can do it, then anyone can.

this
sonic and mario games are never actually good but have some of the largest electronic campaigns
not quite correct the record but up there

He is a spic? I always thought he was from some part of europe with that annoying accent he has, probably the biggest reason why I don't watch him and because he gives me a Jim Sterling vibe

He sounds like a happa with down syndrome, so maybe he's Irish?

Bait or sarcasm?

You don't need to be skilled to take the slow as fuck and easy as hell lower route of every stage. The challenge comes in staying on the highest route and beating the stage as fast as possible. It's basically difficulty settings but built in to the level design itself, it's fucking genius.

go beat green hill zone act 1 in less than a minute
go on, do it
protip it's only possible if you stay on the top path

gonna need a source on that one my man

That's like asking for a source when someone calls anyone a faggot.

There was a part in one of his videos where he shat on the people who voted for Trump.

So no proofs then.

Josh and Jack should be replaced with Colin and Jim; Those two bring a lot more to the table whenever they're featured, and are infinitely less cucked despite being Canadian.

What the fuck, I could understand Crash Bandicoot for relics and such, but Sonic is really easy for a platformer. The only real annoying game to play through is Sonic CD due to level design and more exploration than going fast. Even that game isn't hard, you can beat it in a single setting with no deaths after beating it maybe 2-3 times. Memorizing Sonic levels is also really easy as well.

But user, the controls for Star Fox Zero was shit.

He made a few jokes about Trump, which gives you cuck status instantly of course.

okay but he has a pure waifu as far as i know
i mean, she's no 10/10 but she has a pretty nice body

How do you know so much about a fat dweeb from Wisconsin?

i think leah has a cute voice

this quote is from shitaku:
" Sonic’s early days stressed his supposedly edgy attitude and speed, traits meant to differentiate him from the slower, more deliberate Mario. But it was never really about attitude or speed. Sonic Mania clearly articulates Sonic’s true appeal: Sonic is pure joy, a spinning ball of fun blazing a trail towards the next adventure. "

I feel dirty for saying this of Kotaku but that actually sounds like a reasonable sentence.

He was edgy for a cutesy 90s platformer protagonist. When your biggest competition is Mario, anyone looks edgy by comparison.

"edgy" being relative in this context.

SONIC IS GOOD AGAIN.

no, i think hipsters just forgot the difference between edgy and cool

"Edgy" is derived from going past the boundaries of what is acceptable or normal, and going up to the "edge" of it. Most edgy things are usually violent and dark because they're pushing the edge of common decency (and in most cases, decent writing). So in the age of Sonic's debut, he was pretty edgy, even if just another example of the rebellious 2kool4skool 90s kid cartoon character with skateboard and sunglasses.

That's why when times changed and Sonic became a normal character who wasn't all that special in his lackadaisical attitude, they had to make an even edgier hedgehog in Shadow.

"edgy" can mean a lot more than just what an angsty teenager thinks is badass. From a advertising perspective, "edgy" can mean creatively challenging in a market, and within the realm of 90's platformers, having a cool and hip character for your game was edgy.

but sonic isn't that
he cares about his friends and loves his family, he just has cool kid hobbies.

Autism speaks. It's time to listen.

Right, because that's definitely apparent in the first game.

That's true. Sonic isn't really edgy unless you're a five year old and have no frame of reference. An edgy game character would be someone like Master Chief.

bullshit, Mortal Combat was only a year later. Sonic was just cool, not edgy.

What defines "edgy" is all contextual. Sonic was edgy only in his context of kid-friendly platforming video games. Basically what said.

Mortal Kombat wasn't a game for kids (intentionally) and Sonic wasn't competing with it.

Sonic was never good

From the manual for Sonic 1
"Crush Dr. Robotnik!

Dr. Ivo Robotnik, the mad scientist, is snatching innocent animals and turning them into evil robots! Only one tough dude can put an end to the demented scientist's fiendish scheme. It's Sonic, the real cool hedgehog with the spiked haircut and power sneakers that give him super speed.

Help Sonic fight hordes of metal maniacs and do the loop with the Super Sonic Spin Attack. Speed down twisting tunnels and swing over dangerous booby traps. Leap across lava pits and dodge burning rocks. Then splash through the chilling waters in an underground cavern. And if you're lucky, you can warp to the secret zone where you spin around in a floating maze! Your greatest challenge lurks in a secret lab where you come face to face with Dr. Robotnik himself!

Spin through space, loop 'til you're dizzy, save the animals and become the super hero. Be Sonic! Be atomic!"

I think what you're seeing there is people not playing the games on the original hardware.
They're playing through emulators and probably have never even touched an actual genesis.
Why does that matter?
Input lag and other things related to the speed and flow of the game.

Why didn't this come back in Generations?

Anyway you're just repeating the same thing over and over without actually listening. Once upon a time, The Fonz was edgy. Is he edgy today? No. Was he back then? Yes. Because the context changed.

No, I'm saying the focus was always that he's a good guy first and a cool guy second. That's not true with characters like Shadow.
That makes Sonic cool, and not edgy.

They aren't exclusive qualities. Lots of early examples of "edge," especially kid-friendly ones, were the radical cool kids who didn't follow the rules because they wanted to find their own way in life maaaan. You're using today's definition of "edgy" where it doesn't properly apply. Being the cool kid was edgy back then. Or at least kids thought it was, compared to Mario, Kirby, Pac-Man, Mega Man, etc.

Also Shadow is a good guy now and he's still pretty edgy. His best friend is a killer robot.

platforming video games
That's like saying Gran Turismo is edgy in the context of simulation racing games.

But yet, it was. All video games are competing with one another, how much time do you think normal people have to play games?

What, was Metroid not edgy?
Was Castlevania not edgy?
The market before the 90's was marketed towards children.

Shadow is cool first and good second. That's the difference. You're basically saying Link is edgy because he has eccentric tendencies and a love for adventure and beating bad guys.

So Kirby and Punch-Out directly compete with Call of Duty and Mortal Kombat, got it.

No.

No.

Yeah, totally mobile games don't compete whatsoever with console games and there is TOTALLY not any money being taken away from console gaming.

Also, obviously the sales of adult oriented systems have not cut whatsoever into the domination of Nintendo, despite Nintendo losing the 5th and 6th generations of consoles. Nothing to do with that though, right?
Jesus christ open a goddamn book once in a while before you start acting like you a damn thing about the entertainment industry.

Also:
That makes total sense, obviously Sonic was more edgy because of that skateboard!

I'm not even trying to argue that Sonic is an edgy character, especially by today's standards. I'm just saying that Kotaku's use of the word "edgy" is correct, even if a little overstated.

Are these supposed to be the Super Emeralds?

And I'm saying it isn't. Sonic isn't and was never edgy, he was just "hip".

no that's my dick

master emerald in the middle

And once again, from an advertising perspective, which is the context of the kotaku writer's point, being hip is edgy.

But it's hip to be square, squares aren't edgy :^)

I wasn't born
And sonic really was never good.

Copied from the wiki:
Takashi Iizuka has stated that the Super Emeralds were added to Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles after the game was split in half, serving as lock-on bonuses to enrich the experience for players who had already collected the Chaos Emeralds. He also indicated that the Super Emeralds (and other similar collectibles) will not return to the series anytime soon, as the number of Emeralds was made consistent as of Sonic Adventure.

So either the super emerald altars are just a throwback, or they said "fuck it" and added them anyway.

Denuvo because Mark got it early and pissed SEGA off so fucking badly.

They're still only the Chaos Emeralds until they're powered up, which they are not in that pic. And the canon ending is the Super Sonic ending, not the Hyper Sonic ending, so no, they're not the Super Emeralds.

>12 GAME OVERS ON ONE LEVEL

He's a cuck, deal with it niggers.

no he's pozzed

Might as well be the same thing.

Why haven't these eceleb posts been dealt with anyway

opencritic.com/game/4493/sonic-mania

This is easily the best Sonic game, it fixes most of the problems with earlier titles, has better level design, has better bossfights, level transitions occur naturally like Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Chemical Zone act 2 is actually good unlike Sonic the Hedgehog 2, there's none of the good future bad future shit of Sonic CD, the new Emerald stages are good, similar to the ones in CD but improved. Soundtrack so far is improved but I saw gameplay of Lava Reef Zone, they butchered the best tune.

With any luck Sonic team is dissolved and Christian Whitehead's studio is the only one that makes Sonic games from now into the future. Yuji Naka a shit, Sonic team a shit.

Thank you for your valuable input you hivemind summer niggers.

Go and whine about militia men at your designated shithole >>>Holla Forums

What level, what's Mark's Switch account, I want to friend him.

What bothers me about this image is how he agrees that both candidates were bad yet Trump supporters are dumber because he said it

NO KEN PENDERS CHARACTERS MEANS NO BUY
GET IT THRU YOUR THICK FR*KKIN SKULLS SEGA

It's not just about Trump but he supports the terrible DNC party with their drug laundering and pedophile rings and open advocacy of socialism and immigration and other terrible policies. If you still call yourself a Democrat in current year you should just kill yourself right now.

Nice trips.

Dunkey's just another fence sitting cuck millennial that believes he's above having a deep conviction in anything politically, aside from probably being another dumbfuck who's salty (((Sanders))) didn't get nominated.

This is a Holla Forums subboard
>>>Holla Forums

:^)

I get you but let's not derail the thread
On topic: of all the people that could have leaked Mania, why it had to be Mark?

Mark is the only person here who pre-orders games.

I should also take my fucking flag off.

OY VEY

But they have 4 of them :^)

Stale meme >>>Holla Forums

Yeah lel
youtu.be/bjH7S5v1mJo?t=141

Mark confirmed for Voldemort.
That same guy was saying on Twitter that Mark was a Nintendo operative trying to ruin Mania's hype, kek.

This makes too much sense.

Sonic games sell best on Nintendo hardware, this is the problem with console war stuff, it ended between Nintendo and Sega well over a decade ago.

reminder the left cant meme

Companies don't care but the fanboys do. what a shock

Okay, hold the fuck up. I came here to get rid of some political shitposting, but I'm making an official statement on this shit. The intent was not malicious nor was it for attention If it was I would've stickied it here.

I purely leaked everything since people were probably gonna bug me nonstop, and I figured since people wanted to be more informed about the game then I might as well. It was purely for the people who cared about this information and wanted to know more about the game.

With that said anyone who thinks this move is to spite SEGA or anything of the sort is an idiot. I've been telling people that the game is amazing and they should buy it. I've been giving the game a positive word. Leaking Mania isn't an attack on SEGA, it's basically anyone someone who wasn't under NDA would do. If anything blame Nintendo for being incompetent with their online systems.

I got the game and now you do too. I hope everyone enjoys it and does a little better than I did through my first play through. But you're retarded if you think I did this shit with malicious intent.

I never said you did, but yes, that's correct.

not you, the guy in the video.

this is beautiful

& knuckles mode seems to be like tails replaced with knuckles. Could those fuckers just maka a system like in Sonic Classic Heroes? So you can choose who's following you?

Is there anything else you'd like to talk about today mark?

all of your other fuckups aside, I don't think someone who fucking game overs 12 times in a row on the first act of any Green Hill Zone variant should be involved in the management of anything video game related

Yes, I FINALLY did it AND ALL I GOT WAS BLUE SPHERES

FUCK YOU SEGA

I meant any semblance of competition, yet fanboys insist on fighting.

It was destiny.

It wasn't green hill, it was Oil Ocean and I was rushing through it.

Are you sure there isn't something other than sonic you'd like to say anything about today, August 15th?

No-one with a brain actually believes this was to spite Sega, now let me add you to my Switch friends list.

What if sega really ads denuvo to the pc version because of your shenanigans?

I like how no one mentions the super sonic fight and how you didn't fail spectacularly there, but I guess everyone assumed someone else was playing.

It's always a good laugh when something like that happens because of dickery in these parts.

If that's the reason I'll post my fucking dick pick in the GamerGay thread.

To be fair, I won on the skin of my teeth. that last life was intense.

NO WAY? NO WAY!

Yeah, that clutch should've been mentioned somewhere, but I think I'm the only one of the 25 or so people actually watching at the time who cared. Spectacular failure is generally more exciting than barely succeeding, I guess. Speaking of not caring, I streamed myself playing using the ps4's default service so I could see how I play, managed to get no views even with having benis as a tag. Still got through 4 zones with 3 emeralds and enough medals to get & knuckles mode. Which is nice. Looking over the blue spheres footage, I keep kicking myself for the risks I kept taking which made me lose stages.

I wonder if this meme will ever end?

It will not. It has been perpetuated by both soulless game journos and autistic imageboard neckbeards alike, both feeding into normalfag mentality. Hating Sonic is a meme.

What's your favorite Mania track so far?

This shit isn't in my store yet. Splatoon was there 10 PM Mountain time. Is it Midnight your local time? Do any of you faggots have the game yet (other than Mark)?

Its reaching 1am where I'm at (CST) and its not on the store, when is it supposed to come out?

Which store?

PS4 has it, I don't know about xbox

eshop

Oh, they changed it to release on california's time.

mynintendonews.com/2017/08/15/sonic-mania-doesnt-arrive-until-after-midnight-on-nintendo-switch/
mobile.twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/897265137643528193

I know, that somehow I deserve this.

Use your monitor dummy.

Ignore that first source. They just cite the tweet and don't even fucking read it right because they're retards. It's coming out on the switch and PS4 sometime between midnight and 2AM of some unspecified timezone.

That's a tough one, but I'll probably one of these:

So 52 more minutes. Fuck this, I'm going to sleep. I have work in the morning.

fuck I have to wait till 2 then

Fuck, do I need sleep.

Then why did you keep posting links to Holla Forums from fucking twitter

*on
rape me

oh are you talking about undertale?

Jesus christ.
WHAT THE FUCK?!
THAT'S A LIE! THAT'S A GODDAMN LIE!
Collect rings in the bonus stages, and earn continues and chaos emeralds! IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD.

I died once to the mecha Robotnik at the end of Green Hill Zone, because when I beat it, the fucking cliff collapsed. I laughed at the comedy of it, and did better on my second go at it. Got two chaos emeralds and I think five tokens to unlock the peel out and flash attack, as well as other crap that ain't moves or characters.

Sonic Mania is… Some synthesis of Sonic CD minus its arguably horrible level design, and S3&K with its solid gold everything (Fuck Sandopolis). I genuinely love it, and I hate everything.

Don't start me on how many people just block anything that dares question their fragile, flawed viewpoint in the current year.

I agree

FUCJK

Got a few more days if you're on PC, bud.

Just came out on eshop

I don't believe it, I just said I wouldn't be shocked if he was.

OMG, ableist much sega?
#healthyatallsizes

Wank hand

I'm glad I didn't look at the leaks.

SUPER TAILS CONFIRMED!

Is this game selling well?

Do we have a chance at Sonic Mania 2?

It hasn't even been a day yet user, just wait a little. That being said the answer to both questions is likely to be yes.

I was hoping there were some pre-order numbers to go off, but if this doesn't sell extremely well then CLASSIC sonic is basically dead. Please please please sell.

If this game ends up with no Denuvo, is there a way I can buy it without some of my money going to Valve? I want to support SEGA to make more classic sonic games.

PC leak when?

Send your money to Taxman or Stealth.

There's not gonna be a PC leak. Unlike Nintendo, Steam keeps their shit locked until release date.

tl;dr

Not from reviewers.

Is it just me, or does this one not show up as a boss?

I just finished a run as Knuckles, and didn't fight the rider at all.

It does. Mark fought her at the end of Lava Reef.

So how many of you got the special edition?

I did. Too bad I can't play the fucking game yet. The box is really nice. If you look closely at the back of the collector's card, it says fun is infinite.

When the normal final boss went to use her, the section didn't seem to work. Like, it was just an empty area.

BTW, there is a gold ring inside the cartridge. You got to tug a bit on the "circuit"

Got it for PC

Oh, I know. Mine falls out easily, though. I don't know if it got damaged during shipping or what.

So did Mark ever contact anyone about ripping the soundtrack? There's a sound test in the game but it requires all the medals to unlock, apparently.

mega.nz/#!pxdXxCJL!9Sf1m5JzQUzV5Bz7D4WIXacyNkf249LtjjwS_gV16xs

oh thanks
have some gameplay footage