Recent gaming dissapointment?

For me it would be LCU. For some reason I had high hopes for it but after few hours it got really boring just like any other Lego game.

Other urls found in this thread:

cycling.hateblo.jp/
siterskain.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Grimoire's combat (from what it looks like/I've heard) means you set up your party's actions, then just let them fight while you watch. I don't mind that in stuff like Balder's Gate, where you can pause or at least order people to move around, but without the movement, you're just waiting for the party to get low on HP and give another order. Not as involved as I'd have liked.

There's also Antharion. Great RPG- but melee classes only get to whack hell out of the opponent and drink potions. No special abilities or attacks. Their hotbar is barren.

yeah, gimoire is just as awful as the throwback 90s "classics" it's aping. Very disappointing, at least the shill threads are dying.

I've had low to no expectations for modern vidya as a whole for years now, so I can't possibly become disappointed with that. As far as games that disappointed me recently, I just finished playing through Spyro: Year of the Dragon which turned out to be a massive downgrade from the two games.

Good level design gets thrown out the window with big, well-designed levels packed full of secrets being replaced with smaller levels that have warp zones in them that lead to these gimmicky minigame levels, and I found all of the minigames (except for the submarine levels) to be fucking terrible. I don't know why they would take a concept like that from Spyro 2 that wasn't great to begin with, and then just run that shit into the ground. Even the soundtrack is terrible, without a single memorable song, and the gimmick levels involving the "companions" (and there's a fucking lot of those) have one song per "companion", and repeat that same fucking song in all of their levels.

It feels like they weren't even trying, and just rushed this shit out the door. Probably one of the least competent collectathons I've played, and I've played a fucking lot of them.

eew
if you wanna nice turn based rpgs try avernum or eschalon.

Damascus Gear.
I knew it's a port of vita game, but still it turned out much more simplistic, dull and repetitive piece of shit I expected it to be.
I still am playing it because no mecha games.

In the year of our lord 2014+3 it's easier to talk about what's not a disappointment - it would take way less time.

You really are an ignorant faggots. I'm not sure it's one of few things. You know knowing what you're talking about, actually not knowing how English words work together or just another triggered homo.

Fast RMX. Camera's far too low to be able to see what's going on. Doing well in a race is a matter of memorizing the stage more than it is twitch gameplay. And for a F-Zero clone, that's just unacceptable.

kys shill/cleve

While I did like Prey after playing through it thrice, it always fell apart near the second half because of the laughable difficulty curve where you end up with way too many supplies than you can use, even on the highest difficulty. It was disappointing to me because it highlighted that even in Arkane's darling tribute to SS2 they still couldn't bother with a decent fucking difficulty curve without relying on self-imposed restrictions, which is one of the main problems for why Dishonored 1 and 2 didn't work out so well. At this point I'm sure they either don't care, don't know, don't think it necessary, or are crippled by Bethesda playtesters. There's plenty of mainstream reviewer morons who called the game hard when it's anything but.

A high difficulty is how you get a player to think creatively and use alternative means. It's why you kicked people into spikes or off ledges or threw shit at their heads in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic–because it was safer and quicker to do so than to repeatedly whack them until they're dead unless you actually specced into strength. The fact that Arkane somehow still doesn't realize this simple fucking fact makes them dead to me. Giving the player a shit ton of fuck you grenades and a shit ton of ammo and a shit ton of upgrades to the point where you can max out three fucking skill trees is fucking ridiculous and antithetical to the reason why you explore and don't bulldoze everything like it's a corridor shooter. You can't just okay the simplest braindead playstyle for the sake of 'player freedom'. At the end of Prey I had so many resources and was so powerful that I simply no longer felt the need to explore, it got that bad.

In Prey higher difficulties simply increase damage taken and decrease damage dealt. In SS2 higher difficulties increased upgrade costs, increased Replicator costs, affected item drop rates on dead enemies, total maximum health and psi are decreased, the amount of health and psi you get with each endurance and psi upgrade is reduced, enemy spawn rate frequency is increased, there are less security terminals for you to hack in and disable cameras/turrets, and enemies spawn in greater numbers. It's harder in practically in every single way. What's sad about Prey is that some survival systems like oxygen deprivation and bleeding were cut out before release because they were deemed too hard for casuals, and that Arkane was planning to reimplement them in some future survival mode patch. A mod has already reimplemented some of the unused systems, and hopefully we get to see more of it. But I seriously hope Arkane intends to make something actually challenging for once.

I keep giving up DaS2 after like the 4th boss (giant, heide, ornstein 2.0, pursuer). The mechanics of the game are great… not having to use patches to get 60+ fps (and the physics doesn't break) is nice.

Shit seems to bright/cheerful, and aside from sharing designs and name doesn't really feel like Dark Souls.

Valley.
If I paid the $20 it actually costs, I'd probably be a lot more pissed off.

I got it super cheap on a sale.

And thanks, I'll look into them. Hope my toaster can run them.
If you don't mind graphics being a bit basic, my uncle has been playing some games called "Geneforge". Very cheap, but great fun so he says. That one-man-dev has also done a lot of stuff.

Rogue Wizards also isn't bad for it's price-tag, but it won't take much to work out what combos of abilities are OP.

Wait, Avernum is made by the guy who made Geneforge.

Derp.

Duke Nukem Forever, after than The Division, after that Fallout 4

I don't see anything wrong with this in games like that, as long as there's a variety of ways to tackle the gameplay. My perspective is that you're always going to be better at finding the exact level of difficulty that is right for you, rather than what someone else arbitrarily decided on. Some of the most fun I've ever had in vidya has been with self-imposed challenges.

Obviously there's a segment of the population with no ability to delay gratification, who feel a physical compulsion towards always taking the path of least resistance in games, even when they know that they're going to have less fun that way. They then feel resentful towards the developers for not specifically balancing the game around their personal needs, as they lack the self control to do it themselves.

I'm not saying you're like that, but we've all seen those complaints hundreds of times over the years.

user…

Can you drink some public toilets' water for a few months?

Play Mandate of Heaven

If I remember correctly, Human Head Studios was the devs of Prey. I think that you are think of a different game.

If it is something like Pacifist runs or Ironman sure, but that usually sound like an excuse for shitty games to pander to retards. Either way I judge a game based on difficulty the devs intended people to play.

God damn, they somehow made the game look ugly as fuck. Jesus christ, it's not even that it looks "old", it just looks like low effort shit. Even the 4bit guys in the first game looked better than naked Bert men.

Holy fucking shit, I just looked it up. They really should have stuck with the minimalist look.

You sound a little brain damaged yourself, neanderthal friend.

He's talking about Nu-Prey.
Definitely those (especially with sandbox-friendly games like STALKER), but not exclusively. Even something as simple as using armor a couple tiers lower than what's available at that point, so that the amount of damage you're taking necessitates higher level gameplay out of you can greatly improve your enjoyment of a game.

I don't think I have any right now. The only games I get excited for usually deliver on what I expected or end up better. Now to wait on Etrian Odyssey 4 and Mary Skelter. But mentioning that, I wouldn't say it's recent. But I'm disappointed with the way the Vita was handled in the west. If Sony wanted it to be successful in the west, then they should have made sure they could get Monster Hunter on it at all costs. I don't even need to explain the memory card nonsense and your profile being tied to it or how you can't have multiple profiles like the PS3/4. Sony then deems it dead in the west and constantly pushes devs to send over games digitally or only on the PS4. Games that would be great as a portable game are now stuck on consoles in the west.

There's an Armored Core clone that came out during Comiket C92 called Steel Striker.
cycling.hateblo.jp/

Then there's the isometric view 3D shoot em up called SITER SKAIN. Vid related. There's only a trial mode for now. Game still isn't finished but looks promising.
siterskain.com/

Bombshell
I expected nothing and got a game that was bland, buggy and unbalanced to shit., that also somehow manage to dip to 30fps or lower on a 4690k+GTX1070

it is as cliché shounen as you can get. Harem? check! Hidden Power? check! last minute miracle? check! Chosen One? check! hell it would take me a hour to type them all.
nearly the entire history game is fluff with plot twist you can see a mile away, save for the final moments and a few other ones, with no real pay off as it ends in a pathetic cliffhanger.
this one nearly ruined anything positive i had to say about this game.
turns out FALCOM cut a major part of his story and put it on a DramaCD with the collectors edition, autistic fanboys blame Vita for that.

It's not a bad game and i don't regret playing it, but if i didn't already know the series and especially the lore and backstory, it would easily be a 4/10 for, hopefully the sequel fix a lot of this one mistakes. Zero/Ao still kings.

That could be the case though. The second game is missing a section with a certain continent because it couldn't fit on the Vita according to Falcom. Which is why the third game isn't on the Vita. So they can actually fit all the content.

no it couldn't. Falcom made the game not Sony, Falcom chose what got in the game and what was cut off, not anyone else. they had a lot of crap they could cut to make run for the MAIN CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT but they decide not to, it's up to them to make their game and choose what is necessary to the story and what is not? they choose the fluff over MC development, it's insane to blame anyone else for it, "if it had more space!" is no excuse and only shows how bad they are at managing their own project.

Kinda bummed about Sonic Mania basically being one giant advert for Forces, though the OST kinda nullifies that

I don't mind. If Nintendo can do the same shit with Mario on the 3ds and Mario on the Wii U/Switch then why can't sonic. Besides, are you saying games based on an Ad are bad?

I downloaded this game because some weebs were unironically saying it was the best game of whatever year it came out. 2016 in the west? Doesn't matter though. I don't understand how these people can be so delusional.

This game sounds like exactly a game I want to play as person with too shit internet to play Path of Exile and love for mecha.

isn't there some cut content for the western release?

For me it is the fact that my computer hasn't exploded and killed me with the shrapnel. Tfw to much of a coward to take the easy way out.

I sure do love OPs who are too lazy to write the fucking full name of what they are talking about.

Strangely enough, NieR Tomato. Most likely my fault for expecting something else.

You merely expected the absolute perfection some overzealous fans made it out to be.

Did you have a stroke mate?

Those aren't shill threads, those are legitimate. If you bothered to lurk moar then you'd know that the vast majority of Grimoire threads were about Cleve himself, once he released his game the ones who just wanted to talk about Cleve lost steam since the lynchpin of the whole thread topics before Grimoires actual release disappeared. Those who're actually interested in playing the game were always a minority, so it's natural those generals slow to a crawl as only the handful remain once everyone else leaves to talk about something else but from the talk about viruses it looks like their interest will be gone too.

Outlast 2. If you made an AI that creates vidya and you tell it to make a FPS horror game it'd spit out Outlast 2. Most generic, cliche, by-the-numbers game I pirated in a long time.

Lego city undercover

Monster Hunter Stories

All of them