Divinity: original sin

okay confession: I only played the game once yet, on normal, which was obviously very easy, but I think I still have a point when I say this:
Mages have literally no weakness. I tried to have one rogue in the party but he sucked and especially trying to use an archer class sucked, completely fucking useless dragging the whole party down. Does any of this change on higher difficulties? I can't imagine it

Other urls found in this thread:

divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Taunt
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=575623
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605809
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=575588
youtube.com/watch?v=uJhyWmCAjzg
dota2.gamepedia.com/Category:Nukers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuke_(gaming)
wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Nuker
youtu.be/s9o6krTi5rA
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nuker
mit.edu/~rei/game-terms.html
mmos.com/mmo-terms
divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Locations
divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark Forest
divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Item_Mods_(Divinity:_Original_Sin)
divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Tectonic Spraywhy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The game is the opposite of most RPGs where the mage starts out shit and gets amazing. Instead in this game Melee characters start out shit but get really strong late game.

when exactly did rogue melee get good in your playthroughs? I ditched him when he was about lvl 12 and still useless. I think I was about halfway through the game then

Archer and two handed warriors both become absurd beasts later.

Mages always remain useful, but they aren't one-shotting niggas and eating huge hits.

I quit the game somewhere on the second, forest map. I just got bored. Tried replaying it but by then I was sensitised to the SJW bullshit and I noticed that the famale casters pretty much look like they are wearing burkas, and the skimpy mods are low quality

I mean how much fucking ability points do you need to spend on which attributes so you can get a good, reliable hit rate? When I was re-building my party I took that archer girl into the party again, spent all points on perception and dexterity and she still couldn't fucking hit shit. I was testing her against goblins in the forest at that part, and it was just painful

I dunno if melee still gets stupidly good late game as they nerfed a lot of the strats we used to use. Like, negative resists are gone.

it's cancer. at least they didn't also censor the snu-snu ork females

OG DOS was better than EE.

Yeah

They never do Divinity is a game that was jerked off by faggots who wanted to say they played a top down RPG and were totally hardcore.
IE 14 year olds.

yeah it's a pity the game is just overall so shit. But reasonable class balance in the vanilla, unmodded game especially seems so important to me

You didn't get that far in the game then. Melee characters become OP as shit at around the halfway point.
That is because it's trying to be like a classic RPG. Sorry you are a faggot that wouldn't want lvling up actually to feel important.

you're probably just talking about warrior, which I confirm isn't useless toward the end of the game. At least not two-handed warrior. At best rogue will just perform acceptably but not on the same level as warrior & mage

No terrain effects are the most important, always and forever which means mages.

Sorry I've actually played those, unlike half this board which only claims to have played games in the 90s.

Many had classic RPG that went to level 60+, which was more entertaining as it gave you more options for a build.
With 28-30 being top level you always put the same points in the same shit, because you lack flexibility otherwise especially with skills increasing in cost every time you invest in them.

Anyone have the caps from Half channers being too casual for it?

Paladins can get 85% block chance to all physical attacks and have a huge amount of health.

Each time you level up in OS you get multiple things to mess with. By your stupid logic tabletop RPGs don't give you very many options because most make leveling up take a while. You are just an ADD child who can't stand having to work for it.

I remember my rogue having some 2nd-tier single-target multi-attack skill that benefited from the effects of backstab.
Though I feel like it wasn't intended, it was both cheap and the damage was nuts, so I never really saw my rogue as useless.

RPGs in the '90s were hopelessly unbalanced messes. It wasn't until the '00s that "balance" became something devs even considered in single player games. Wasn't necessarily a bad thing as they were often more fun than over-balanced modern RPGs.

Yep, there should be a certain amount of balance to allow things to be fun and not broken or gimped.
But in a single player RPG is making sure EVERY class is absolutely even with another the most important thing especially if another class fills a niche the others cannot?

Can't think of a single good balanced rpg.

The other games are better.

Mages start out with roughly similar HP to an equivalent warrior. However, they start to drop off due to warriors getting more HP and even more EHP from armour, and warriors get higher scaling damage due to equipment.

Mages would at this point focus more and more on utility, especially when enemies have elemental resistances (while mundane damage is always viable), and steadily get weaker until their master level spells hit, at which point they can also start firing their actual good spells (like fireball) more often. But that weak stretch of the game is very long.

They are also very squishy - I was playing a co-op game where we both played lone wolfs, even my massively HP buffed mage would get one or two shot by a fair amount of things. But access to master spells is a big power spike, because that initial burst of stunning or damage is so crucial.

That's my experience on the second-hardest mode playing a pure mage, but I haven't yet played much since I hit level 15 (and thus got the big master spell power spike).

Have little experience with rogues.

I gave up around the giant snowzone. I was playing on tactician but it was still very boring. The game didn't make me think about what I should do at all, I always used the same tactic. The pacing of the fights were way too slow and there was a bug where you had to wait even more because the AI looked like it was thinking. 25 hours in the story wasn't much either as far as I can remember.
Rogues were only good for cheese In my experience. I managed to solo Evelyn on tactician with a rogue, you can backstab from sneaking and then go back into sneaking and none of them will ever move if you are not in their line of sight. Then you just skip turns until you have enough ap to do it all over again.

I played a little bit of the 2nd one already. Seems like they've improved on quite a lot and the difficulty is off the rails but I assume that's just because they don't want people completing the early access zone too quickly. It kinda feels like you're playing a point and click game with how the quests fit together, everything is kind of held on with string at the moment and very vague so I'm hoping that they'll finish all that shit when it actually comes to release. It's a bit darker in tone which I approve of because divinity 1 kind of felt like you were playing a children's story book but with plenty of blood and gore.

I stopped playing divinity one around the second hub area as well but I'm thinking about giving it more of a chance now.

As far as I'm concerned, normal attacks are only for cleaning up CC'd enemies at range with guaranteed hits. Abilities and special arrows also never miss. I literally don't bother trying to make my archers more accurate.

God damn, that shit made me drop this game fast.

There's no reason to be tanky in this game. During my first playthrough, I made one of my characters into THE ULTIMATE TANK OF INVINCIBILITY +1, and that character was useless the whole way through. His damage sucked, his ability to control the battle sucked, he had no way to get aggro or protect the weaker party members, and generally brought the whole party down with his mere presence since enemies just ignored him.

For my second playthrough, I created a party of 4 Aerothurges, gave them all the stun immunity on shock ground passives and stunned enemies to death for the rest of the game. Fun times.

No like this nigga said its a poorly constructed game.
You have nothing to prove otherwise other then claims of it not being one and accusations of casuality.

You realize that is what a tank is right? How are you faggots this casual?
Yes, you retards are casual and every post only proves that rather than making the game seem bad.

There is no way to grab aggro you retard, most of the game when you do have tanks is bottlenecking so your melee builds block the path to your mages then coating the ground with elements.

You're not even making an argument just ad hominem like a retard.

There is, or at least was, no taunt-like ability.

Can't even bottleneck since mobs will just run past your tank. I remember an encounter mid-game where you came across a small, fortified camp with sleeping enemies that presented a clear choke point. I remember sending my tank and my 2H fighter guy to block the choke only to have enemies flood past them unhindered.

Holy shit you fuckers are retarded.
divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Taunt
I told everyone you faggots are casual shits. Even without taunt you can still grab aggro other ways by understanding how enemies decide targets. Holy fucking shit I hate you casuals.

We are officially 4chan tier now. Thanks a lot faggots, why didn't you just stay there?

This is going into my collection of anons that need to be laughed at and proof that 4chan is shitting up out board.

Not really, no. Some of the fights get cheap with artificially buffed enemies but that's about it.

Combine this skill with shackles of pain, and any boss with adds will regret not being a loner.

Yeah and the biggest complaint in the game was Taunt not working at all.
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=575623
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605809
larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=575588
On top of that not having zone of control. But please continue to defend a game, that is not only shallow, but boring as hell.

Oh I'm defending a game?
I thought I was critizing it, oh wait you mean I'm like other people because I disagree with you, because technically you have more in common with Overwatch faggots and the faggot in pic related then me.
Let me guess divinity was babbys first rpg?

I don't think I've ever used so many proxies in my life.
Fucking hotpockets

Those pics really make me wish I had screencapped the retard who once said writing had no value to society or the mouth breather who said it was stupid to use the phrase "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" because only Romans would understand what that meant.

Forgot pic

You mean retards (like you) who never played an RPG not understanding how skill checks work. Thanks for proving my point even further that you are a casual shit.

Even the people in the threads are calling OP and the idiots out. They didn't level up their strength so they couldn't get past the skill checks. Thanks for letting me know Divinity Original Sin has an idiot filter and it filtered you out.

He didn't even read the link or read the image that was posted which specifically mentions skill checks. The hole gets dug deeper.

Wew, all you have is accusations that I've never played an RPG before while you ignore every other criticism I've brought up with the game.
Your entire argument is based on ad hom.

Really plenty of people pointing out the flaws of the game, which all the faggots have done.

Don't care, I've had entire lists of flaws addressed to this game, you cherrypick one because its the only one you can respond to.

No one really noticed it, this was during the Witcher 3 release when a couple in faggots were shilling the game in the IRC.

Witcher shilling was when the board went to shit.

Since this thread is now about retards I might as well post the rest I have.

Considering you don't know how to play the game and haven't played the game for more than a few minutes why should anyone give a shit about the rest of the shit you say?

please do not let gayder be a representation of the vidya volafile, he is literally a faggot and everyone hates him

youtube.com/watch?v=uJhyWmCAjzg

Once again: there is, or at least was, no taunt-like ability.

More

Once again, there are many flaws with the game other then that one issue.

Oh my bad nig, I got 4 hrs sleep didn't read what you posted.

Obviously, but I'm pointing out that at launch, going full tank was a waste of a character slot because the game didn't include any ways to make tanks useful. I just went through the wiki and saw that they did indeed add a Taunt ability and many others, as well as buffing or removing some of the more useless skills. With that being said, is the EE actually worth playing? The main reason I didn't do more than 2 playthroughs was the combat, although there were a lot more - albeit smaller - compounding issues at work. Fuck the cheese vendor and fuck having to spend 10+ minutes bashing down a door because I hadn't found all of the bloodthings hidden around the world.

Finding new armor and weapons is good because you can combine them to make new weapons with crafting.
This isn't padding you retard. If you gained levels twice as fast but each level was half as important it would take the same amount of time to get strong. You need to play older RPGs you faggot where leveling up meant something
This is ok because you can mix and match different abilities though the sequel will have those.
It isn't trying to be a serious story, it takes the piss out of other RPGs but since you clearly haven't played much of the game you wouldn't know.
False, but again you wouldn't know.
The map is decently sized with multiple locations.

Why complain about a game you only got a few minutes into? You are too casual for it and that has been proven.

Except it does, not only is it listen on the wiki but posts from years ago reference it. Just admit you were wrong and don't know shit.

Kek. Again, you don't know how Aggro works. Even without taunt if you are smart a tank is supposed to aggro the most amount of characters and keep them aggrod. Tanks are fucking OVERPOWERED if you aren't shit because if you know what you are doing you will get the enemies on you while you can have a ranged character destroy them from far away. Just admit you never played a turned based RPG before.

Added post launch. From the looks of it, it was added in the EE.

See
Learn to not be shit casual.

Without taunt there isn't a way to aggro
You were on board with this, which is why you called everyone retards for not knowing about taunt.
BUT taunt wasn't added until after launch, and as stated before there is no Zone of Control so even bottlenecking doesn't work.

Which again is pointless because you can only increase 1 stat by 1.
A level is no more important in this game more then any other, you call my a scrub to RPG but you think stat advancement, talents and skill when there have been plenty of RPG that had these and way more of them, which went to level 60+

Its okay because the sequel will have them we are talking about this game not the sequel you are doing the most to defend the game.
SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE, ORCS ORCS ORCS
So your defense of a shitty story is that its a purposely shitty story, but even though I'm correct in saying its shit, that means I haven't played?
No its not
Again its not, you only have one hub, comparable games have many more.

I played on launch, faggot that doesn't prove me wrong.

Its amazing watching you faggots scrape the barrel to defend the game.

I'm talking about launch. I don't know if any changes were made to the game in regards to aggro and general mob targeting after the first two weeks of the game initially launching, so all I have to go on is the first playthrough I did where I made one of my characters as tanky as possible.

I quickly realized that mobs would almost always ignore my tank and go for my two mages or my 2H warrior. So, as any sane RPG player does when presented with something that doesn't seem quite right, I experimented.

Enemies pretty much ignore the tank and beeline for the other 3 party members.

The only I didn't play around with was that one trait that makes enemies want to not engage you in combat.

Tanks were a burden because they did little to no damage and couldn't get enemies to fight them, all the while providing marginal utility in the forms of meaningful buffs, debuffs or crowd control. Yes, they did have some buffs, debuffs and CC abilities, stuff like knockdown 1 enemy for 1 round or give party members hugging their nuts +1 to a few stats for 2 rounds or something equally worthless.

Sorry you are so casual you can't understand the actions of an AI. There are many ways to do it. The AI have an Aggro system that determines who it targets. There are multiple ways to get enemies to target you in different situations and many different ways to avoid gaining aggro.
These are just off of the top of my head but jesus fuck you are stupid and casual. Get fucking Gud faggot and leave this board. If your mage is getting Aggro and not your tank it is because YOU fucked up. You hate the game because it is too hard for you. You made a build and you don't know how to use it right, that isn't the games fault, that is your fault.

So am I. See

It's not the games fault you are an idiot.

There is a completely different reason tanks are shit.

Armor spells.

They basically give you 5x your base hp, so every party member was an invincible god, even on the hardest difficulty.

Game was shit easy tho. I ran warrior rogue mage archer. The archer was useless. The mage was basically just support with summon buffs haste armor CC etc. Warrior did AoE damage. Rogue ran up and stabbed people. IIRC I usually gave everyone a few points in magic for buffs like haste.

Never had a party member die. Game is for redditor 14 year olds who want to feel hardcore.

I love the game but I hate it at the same time

2 fixes some of this shit, but also breaks it at the same time. I saw some bullshit, but didn't think it was as bad until the final fight of the first island came up

not wrong but its still fun

I think I got unlucky with archer spellbooks early on. Not that it mattered since the of this game that was at all a challenge was the first area, since you hadn't gotten a chance to properly customize your party back then.

By 2nd area my Warrior and Mage could've beaten the game alone just through armor spam and AoE.

also iirc there was barely any reason to use sneak anyway once you had invisibility.

Don't forget that Archer has Barrage and the best non-mage AoE. All you need is one tank to keep things busy/use shackles of pain. Close range is useless compared to how much of a cheese mage and archer can make the game.

So how do you explain mobs swarming the tank at the start of the fight while the rest of the party is invisible and then rushing to the rest of the party as soon as invisibility ends? Because that's what happened at launch. Mobs almost always ignored the tank no matter the positioning, buffs, debuffs, damage/healing dealt, time in combat, environmental hazards, choke points or whatever else I could think of trying.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that the behavior I'm describing was changed post-launch. But short of giving everyone except the tank the perk that makes enemies want to avoid you, I'm pretty sure I tried everything I could think of to get mobs to stick to the fucking tank and eventually just gave up and resigned myself to carrying his useless ass throughout the last quarter of the game.

Fun enough. Worth a 6 or a 6.5 at launch. Maybe the EE improved it beyond that.

Fuck you guys are stupid.

They dug themselves into a whole, after making several posts declaring people idiots then having it turn out the skill they were using to defend the game didn't exist until a year after release is damning.
They either have to double down or stop posting, so the former is what they choose.

Once again ignores the entire argument to focus on a skill that wasn't in the game when it came out.
Obviously aggroing was a problem or why would they add a skill for it?

You lost when you said the sequel that hasn't been released makes up for the flaws of the game being discussed.

You don't, you cheese it by having the mage start the fight with an AoE ice storm. Freezes everything in sight, and by the time it's thawed it's almost dead.

Reffering to yourself? I actually just explained how the aggro system in the game works but it went over your head.

You being shit and not knowing how to use the things I listed.

played the first one but it was flawed. However the 2nd one vastly improved in all aspects. There is more room for party synergy. Every class contributes in one way or another. Had a tank/mage in the middle of the battlefield soaking up all the agro while healing everyone within range, the red prince lizard as a full 2 handed beast machine fucking shit up, had the archer/healer, he was set up as back up healer to get the mage healed up if needed and set up environmental set ups, and i'd have the elf assassin to hit and run. she can sneak up and backstab and would use the teleport spell to move the enemies away from her after hitting them. I just cant go back to the first one after playing the sequel. i cant wait till they release that shit next month

No you didn't

Nice argument casual. You could have used any of the things listed to have the enemies target you. I played the game on launch and got OP as shit as a tank once I realized how to take the attention of enemies, you yourself said you couldn't do that.

Explain how you managed to gain aggro without a spell or skill to attract it and no mechanic to gain it.
They added taunt in a year later for a reason.
I asked you how aggro was gained and all you've added was
"GIT GUD"!11

He did explain it here , only problem is that none of these actually did anything except Invisibility while it was active and maybe that one perk which I never tried. Just give up trying to arguing with him, he's shown to be the kind of person who thinks an argument is won by shouting the loudest instead of with arguments, proof and logic.

Sorry you don't have any skill user.
They aggro based on percent of health, damage dealt, distance and obstacles in the way along with if they can see you or not. Use that to your advantage.

Yeah except thats how priority is dealt with in most RPG's which is why aggro skills are needed.
Most mages out nuke melee classes meaning regardless of distance they are aggroed which is why aggro skills are needed.

True, but I get just as much of a kick out of as him, maybe more since I'm winning.

They aren't. I didn't need them and I just explained how you can take aggro without it. Sorry you are too dumb to know how to do it user.

Sure you are kid. Your entire argument is that you are too bad to draw the attention of the enemies while other players can and somehow that makes the game bad and not you.

That's casuals for you. They blame the game instead of themselves when they can't do something. I wonder how they heard about Holla Forums.

Most of the time I just covered the area in oil and set it alight, by the time the enemy reached you it was already dead.

Well there are just as many who said you can't get aggro that you cheese using icestorm or other spells.
Funny how you ignore everyone else to accuse someone with Ad HOM
Cmon kiddies tell me how you get aggro without aggro gaining skills that obviously were needed as they added it in in a year later.

At this point even the devs disagree with you as they made a skill solely for gaining aggro.

Are you done yet, I mean losing this much can't be fun?

For you because you are casual. I didn't need it and neither did other anons. Many in this thread explained how they dealt with it. You can't because you are bad.

Something you clearly know about considering your vidya skills are so bad.

No they didn't one user said he tried to use chokepoints only to realize enemies walk right through you
Another said they cheesed with ice spells to stop enemies.

No one has mentioned how they gained aggro.
In fact you and your butt buddy declared yourself winners for pointing out a skill that wasn't added until a year later, now that I've pointed out that skill wasn't implemented in the beginning you're now claiming aggro is easy to gain, without specifying how.

Good to see though at least you're aren't claiming I haven't played the game after I posted my hours.
Would love to hear a response to my other problems with the game

Guess I'm in the real minority here that actually enjoyed the game all the way through.

My only points:

- the pacing felt real off between levels 12 and 16 ish when you had to hop between two zones
- the game actively punishes people who don't save obsessively, sometimes you get into a combat situation you're guaranteed to lose and fuck doing entire sections over again. I had to be a filthy casual and turn on a cheat to finish a generic mook encounter because I was nearly dead going into it and my last save was an entire 6 hours before that.

see

Apparently you can't read.

Also
Read the thread, you got one. Considering you can't read it makes sense why you didn't get far in this game.

Holy fuck for some faggot disussing RPG you sure are retarded.
DPS is always mages, which is why mages would always get targeted before combay.
They don't aggro based on health and obstacles don't have anything to do with it, which is why terrain damage was so prevalent.

Point by point there are more people saying melee is shit then the people defending it.
But somehow repeating the same argument is defense of the game.
Going to repeat the multiple flaws you cowards still can't respond too.

What? No it's not, especially not in this game. You again prove you don't play the game.
Get lost casual.

The fuck are you talking about nigger.
Everything you have been going off of is accusing me I don't understand RPG's

Well her is some refrence for you.
Mages are referred as nukes because they dish out DPS more then any other group, this has been a thing since the first cRPG from the 90s.

Most games have a mechanic for warriors to trigger the AI to attack them by making skill attacks that increased the AI's priority nothing like that existed in Early Divinity.

This is proven not only by the Wiki but others response.
Not a single fucking thing I said has been rebuked, just accusations of being casual, which is similar to DaS2 faggot.
I've even proved I played the game through screencaps but you faggots cherry pick everything you do.

Not any older than a few years old. Mages aren't the main DPS in this game or in many RPGs.
Kek, casual.
Either way you are wrong about mages being the main DPS in this game.
Less people got far enough into the game where they are the most powerful. You didn't get far in the game either. You are a little casual shit and should leave Holla Forums.

No you retard nuker does burst damage. You are only proving the point that you are a casual shit.

To continue
Instead Divinity has which is a smarter and more organic way to deal with aggro. You were too dumb to understand it. You even admit this.

Holy fuck you kiddies are stretching, everyone must be shit for you to believe your game is good.
Top kek
Point by point there are more people saying melee is shit then the people defending it.

He is also retarded by saying all mages are nukers which isn't true at all. Many can work on utility like they do in Divinity.
If you have a real DPS like a ranger go at it you put your character closer to the enemy so it either has to get around you (which is oftena bad idea with attack opportunity and obstacles in the way like oil) or you give them the high ground or some other defensible position. That user is an idiot and can't even tell his basic bitch RPG classes apart.

The fucking term for mages has been nukers since the very beginning of CRPG they are used for utility or DPS that's it since the beginning of RPGs from Icewind dale to Diablo have been DPS monsters.

^Is your only retort, I've challenged you to tell me why it isn't true but the only rebuttal is the accusation that others aren't good.

Just you. I have explained mutliple times how to get aggro.
So? That doesn't make them not wrong. Also I don't see those 6 other anons, either way I already explained how you can get aggro.
They are wrong
Kek. Also you think 39 hours means anything? The average time for completion is 83 hours so that means you only got half way through just like I said.

Tenebrium weapons.

The damage on tenebrium weapons makes even well built mages look like trash.

Before tenebrium though status effects are more effective than just killing enemies. I think that's a good thing though

No it doesn't faggot, it means burst damage. Is a warrior a nuker then? A DPS normally refers to someone like a ranger or warrior, not mages.

This is almost never the case. You are getting nuker and DPS mixed up. You are an ignorant casual.

No you haven't in fact the devs themselves have said their isn't a good way which is why they added Taunt a year later.
So witch is it, I'm a retard because taunt existed a year later after I played, or taunt was never needed because you claim through unknown mechanics taunt was never need depite half your argument being it was always in.

Melee characters scale better late game and magic characters drop off late game. It's like the opposite of DND. As for Rogue that relies on you specing him right. You have to know which targets to attack and how to not be spotted at the wrong times. git gud

Rogue to me seemed as useless as Rogue in Pillars of Eternity which managed to be an even worse RPG.

By that logic there was no way to find out where you are so they added to ad way points. They did it for casuals like you.
I already showed the many ways on how to get aggro, you going "N-No" doesn't make it so.
Melee heroes become stronger after the half way point.
No it doesn't. If it did then why would they have the separate term? Nuker means burst damage, they rely on mana while DPS rely on their attack damage which doesn't have cool down or a mana cost. You are so dumb jesus christ.

Get further in the game, Spec your character right and learn how to play. It's not the class that is shit, it's you.

I already showed the many ways on how to get aggro, you going "N-No" doesn't make it so.

How old are you, what term of Nuke doesn't mean to you wide spread dps? You're that retarded.

Jesus you are doing the upmost to defend a shitty game.

Nigga the game is shallow as fuck, you have increased point investment in a single branch but cross pathing doesn't reward you as the best talents are only unlocked through full skill investment,

But please faggot tell me how much you I haven't played the game despite bringing up flaws you can't rebuke.

dota2.gamepedia.com/Category:Nukers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuke_(gaming)
wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Nuker
The word searched from different games. None of these mean DPS. Learn your shit. Everyone is laughing at you.

Holy fuck dude you weren't born before 90s were you?

Let me guess, you googled the word and realized you were wrong so you added that part in. A nuker means burst or AOE. Enemies target who does the most individual DPS to them specifically which will always be the DPS class which does the most single target DPS which will generally be a ranger or warrior.
Then why was it too hard for you to understand? You didn't understand how to tank, how to sneak or even the class names.

Kek. No faggot, that is what the word means. Nuker means burst or AOE damage, not DPS.

That is one huge amount off autistic asshurt after getting told to git gud. If I play the game and can get the rogue to work and you play the game and can't that means I know what to do and you don't.

No I'm not the term your referencing obviously comes from underage understanding form kiddies who didn't start playing until 2008+
Proven here

Qoute me where its to hard to understand faggot, I said simply the game doesn't give you proper tools to gain aggro, a sentiment others have repeated.
You even fucking danced saying you proved me wrong saying taunt exists but have backpedaled because it turns that skill didn't exist for a year until after the game came out.

You proved me wrong with Dota 2?
A game that didn't exist since 2011?
A game which is the inspiration for other games like overwatch which you're own butbuddies hoed?
You guys are on a sinking ship, kek.

Wew, its like I'm doing with DaS2 kiddies all over again, when DaS2 came out we had a bunch of children like yourself join up who deflected any criticism with the game with being the inadequacy of others.
In two years you will be considered laughable faggots just like they are now.

Kek and yet you have no proof of it being otherwise after getting proven wrong. Everyone who proves you wrong is just underage kek.
A nuke is a weapon that does a shit load of burst damage, obviously a nuker would be someone who does a shit load of burst damage.
You weren't able to figure out how to get aggro. You couldn't.
The user posted multiple links from multiple games to prove the point. You can't read.

Your "criticism" is that Rogue doesn't work. I got him to work, that just means you don't know how to get him to work. In otherwords you need to git gud.

tbh fam that sounds like your fault entirely, if you even have one character with a healing spell you're full before every fight and saving more often than every 6 hours isn't obsessive (granted I know I am an obsessive saver so I never had a problem)

No I judge you as being underage because you use Dota 2 as a standard you can't wrap your head around this because you weren't here during 2011.
You claimed there was a skill to get aggro, but really there wasn't until a year later.

Where did I say rogue didn't work, qoute me faggot.

No user, it's the game's fault he is shit.

I knew you were from half chan. I just know he posted 3 links and you only cherry picked one and had no argument.
I said without that there were still ways to get aggro and I was right.
You said they were useless. But they aren't if other anons can get use out of them.

see
And I know for a fact you have autism if you will get mad because I said "doesn't work" instead of "useless". All this time getting mad when you can spend it gitting guud

When did I ever say you don't understand Is don't work

Really after I adress these issues with the game to the date which none has been adressed other then the sequel will fix it?

And I've asked you how its done, and so far what you've claimed has conflicted with every other posters post.

Holy fuck this nigger is really using a reddit meme, thanks for exposing yourself nigger, whats next? That feel when no gf?

It has been, read the thread.
Now you are a meme casual.

Holy fuck compared to a meme lord yourself
This is like Holla Forums2.0
youtu.be/s9o6krTi5rA

Mages weakness is doing absolutely no fucking damage. They are great for buffs and debuffs, but even their best spells that can only reliably be used once per combat are at best equivalent to a weapon-user's full round of attacks.

It CAN be done. I tested rogues at max-level (ie I respecced one of my late game characters and crafted some badass gear) and they were able to dish out some serious damage with backstabs. I'd still rather stick with Archers and either 2 handed (early) or dual wield (late) warriors. Some of the rogue skills are still nice to have though, even without going full-daggers.

Definitely. I can't believe they nerfed Boulder drop to be oil instead of ooze. That alone gutted mages ability to do damage as well as half the fun of the game.

I can hear them shaking user.

I didn't make up anything, I specifically mentioned that there were other mechanics besides taunt at the beginning.
You really do have autism considering you are posting the exact same shit every post despite it getting proven wrong.

Also
Prove it. Either way that would just mean most people didn't get very far in the game or are casuals like you.

ctrl+f
33d1e4

>divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Taunt
I know its real shit to have ID's and post history but you're going to have to own up to this bud.

Oh, you finally figured out that there were IDs. That's good to hear you are learning. You also fail to see that I also mentioned that there were other mechanics too.

Also let me relist the greivences with this game you faggots still haven't responded to.

Das2 is a bad game. I never said otherwise but your complaints are that YOU can't get melee character to work. That is on you for being bad at the game.

Where? I asked you several times to lay it out, and present proof that they exist.
But since the DEVS THEMSELVES ADDED AN AGGRO SKILL A YEAR LATER OBVIOUSLY THERE IS AN AGGRO PROBLEM, NOT TO MENTION YOU'VE USED AN LITERAL ASSFAGGOTS TO DEFEND YOUR GAME.

You keep spamming the same stuff after it's been refuted and in no way back it up. You really are autistic.

Hahah no its not, the complaint was that melee characters can't gain aggro something the devs themselves agree with as they added an aggro skill a year later.

You niggers really need something to convince yourselves your lives are worth living.

Man you're fucking retarded.

Mages have never been explicitly confined into the 'nuking' or DPS boxes. In D&D 3.5, they're capable of nuke and blast damage, but not DPS (or DPR I suppose) due to limited spell slots, and are also well known as the ultimate utility class. Now in 5e they can practically never nuke as hard as martial classes.

The number of ways to manage aggro were described by that guy way up there. I played a fucking 2 man team, one pure mage and one warrior, on tactician difficulty, so it was much harder to deal with aggro, but you know what? We got it to work. I'd get fucking one shot if anything did reach me, but with clever use of stunning, summons (with taunting abilities), even the fact that my friend playing the warrior never actually got the taunt ability (and I never had to get the anti-aggro stink perk).

As a tank, he was able to get in there, knock down and cripple enemies, and that along with doing far more DPR than the mage for half the game meant he got all the aggro. And now he can take even more advantage of it with the shackles of pain ability. This isn't some fucking WoW shit, there's a lot more that goes into battlefield control than a taunt meter.

Anyway, let's go down the list.

Don't know what you mean, bumped my int far past the cap with equipment

already explained by someone above, also, the fuck?

Oh, sure, zombie firewarriors healing themselves through explosions isn't fun as fuck

This is how I know you haven't fucking played the game, pretty sure there aren't any skills locked to level 10, most of all not the 'big upgrade'. And looking at the list of the big abilities, how are they just increased AOE? Come on, sure *some* of them are bigger and better blasts, but most of them are pretty interesting and have unique effects.

Well, you can do pheonix dive for a fire path, or augment yourself with fire shield (which adds fire damage) and do fire damage whirlwind, a pretty neat synergy. And there's abilities meant for hybrids too, like why would a pure mage ever slot thunder jump? Lots of potential synergies, only limited by a bit of MAD.

muh storyfags are the worst, but someone already mentioned above.

yes, we all know you didn't get past the first map.

whut

who fucking cares

see, told you you hadn't gotten past the first area

They can. It was listed.
So? They also added map markers and other not needed shit. Keeping being a mad reddit casual.

My tank strategy was to go in with Paladin and smash ice on the ground so if anyone did try to get past me they would slip. It's actually pretty cool all the ways you can play keep away with your ranged characters.

You know, I never actually read any of his retarded rambling but if I knew he said there was only one hud area I wouldn't have bothered. It's hilarious that he played the game for 40 hours never once got past the first hud area.

No I keep offering the same challenges to which you can't rebuke other then GIT GUD!111
Which is really telling of your origin because you use a term that has been already distinguished to be the crow call of reddit.

Mages have never been explicitly confined into the 'nuking' or DPS boxes. In D&D 3.5, they're capable of nuke and blast damage, but not DPS (or DPR I suppose) due to limited spell slots, and are also well known as the ultimate utility class. Now in 5e they can practically never nuke as hard as martial classes.
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nuker
mit.edu/~rei/game-terms.html
mmos.com/mmo-terms
Man it sucks when you're proven wrong I know but you should treat this as a learning experience.

That's trial and error not fun gameplay I understand repetive activities has convinced you of it being fun but you're a product of the WOW generation
Then you're lying out of your ass, if you have an item that increased Dexterity only that stat plus will apply if you have two items with + attribute only one applies

That's not a rebuttal bud, I've actually lived through the 90,s unlike 2000+ babies who just claim they did, fucking diablo had more build variances.

No they don't zombie trait heals themself through poison they can't heal themselves any other way, so thanks for bullshitting

Most skills are locked at 10-12 which are bigger upgrades of current skills, for example oil spill becomes slighltly larger.
Have you played the game?

Yeah so like I said no cross skills other then those you equip items for, the one nigger who was defending you said it didn't matter because the sequel will cover it

Oh yeah tell me how morrowind is a shitty RPG because some ADD faggot couldn't be bothered with world building? KEK.

Most people, 3-5 skins is why Skyrim, kingdoms of Amalur and others get shit on, buts okay when your game does it right?

You're not proving me wrong

The counter argument was that there was a way to gain aggro but you faggots didn't even check the changelog, until the EE version there was none.

Nothing I said was untrue you're are further making shit up to defend your shallow RPG
divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Locations

Oh of which these still have not been rebuked.

I ain't reading any of that autistic dribble from someone who wasn't even 1/4th done with the game.

That isn't a challenge, that is objectively wrong.

I'm right the wiki tells me itself, you won't respond because you can't

Except you know according to the wiki

To you the game is wondering around in the same tutorial area for 40 hours. No wonder you fought the same few enemy types over and over. Jesus Christ.

From the wiki
"here are 4 main regions in Original Sin - Cyseal, Luculla Forest, Hiberheim and Dark Forest. Each of these regions are further divided into much smaller sections, towns, villages, caves and beaches. There are a vast variety of locations with each having its own distinct feel and being easily recognizable. The game could be played to explore these beautiful sceneries alone!
In addition to the main 4 regions, you also have the Homestead which serves as a hub of sorts, somewhere in Time and Space where you can discover new rooms to upgrade your party, store your characters and even change your appearance.
If you want to see Location page of Divinity Original Sin2, click here."

I think you faggots have't even played the game.

It didn't say there was only 1 hub area. It specifically told you about 1 hub area. There are 5.

Cyseal village is a hub area you dumb nigger.

That's not an argument I'm going off the game information given by the devs and the wiki.

You're argument amounts to NUH UH THAT AINT TRUE! WE WUZ HEROES!111

I just want people to shit on D:OS for legitimate reasons rather than retarded ones.

There is a town that acts as a hub

Yeah and there is only one, holy fuck what are you niggers failing to grasp
The devs disagree with you.
The wiki disagrees wtih you
People who've played the game disagree with you
But somehow in your mind you're correct

No it's not
divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark Forest

Except the one in cycle and multiple other places in the game.
You just keep going don't you?

I got the specific names wrong but there is a hub in Cyseal, Silverglen & sacred stones and one more outside of time and space.

All the time Autistic user is spending getting BTFO could be spent getting good at the game.

I've already proved Nuker is a term that has been used since before you were born kiddo
Get new material.

Its just this fucking cycle with you babies
See you dug yourself into a whole!111

BUT, it turns out that skill didn't exist until 1 year+ plus game release
So please explain to me how that means you're correct when I have repeatedly asked you how aggro is achieved and the only solutions have been from other anons not licking the balls of the game.

Fuck do you guys get tired of each other's seamen in your mouth?
Doesn't eating the same shit day in day out get tiring?

Also still none of these have been addressed

This is my 5th or 6th time posting it and faggots still can't respond beyond Y-YOUR CASUAL!1111

I hope you are baiting.

Where did they prove it wrong?
One of the arguments I recieved was
"Hybrid skills don't need to be in, because in the sequel they'll add it."
Like nigger are you blowing bubbles?

Sorry mr only one hub area man, you're still retarded.

You're gonna shove a bunch of MMO-specific definitions in my face, I'm telling you how mages have historically been represented. Nuking literally just refers to huge single target burst damage, in MMOshit apparently it only means mages according to those specific links, but by no means are mages across all games restricted to that role.

In D&D, which all CRPGS take from, mages can do a bit of nuking, but that's not an efficient use of their limited resource - the classic wizard will generally want to conserve their spells for battlefield control, utility, or blast damage instead, and DOS seems to follow this concept. Because of limited resources, they are also poor at consistent DPS/DPR. The paladin is the classic nuker tbh.

so you're complaining that there's no way to tank, because to you a tanking is just a taunt meter like in WoW, instead of varied mechanics like knocking down enemies, opportunity attacks, stunning, summons, ALONG WITH REGULAR TAUNTING, or like the other guy mentioned, making an ice warrior build that creates frozen surfaces (and I suppose ice walls when he gets high enough)?

motherfucker don't make me get out my screenshots, I am literally looking at my character right now, my int is 20 (+5 from gear, +1 from know-it-all). All my int gear is +1 each.

If you'd actually played the game you'd know that you can reduce the damage you take from a particular elemental source. The idea behind fire zombie builds is that you reduce the damage taken, then cause the gas clouds to proc poison on you over and over again to well outheal the fire/continuous explosions.

There is only one spell that only applies an oil spell. Midnight oil lets you place a harmless oil spill remotely. Tectonic spray, on the other hand, is a short range blast spell that adds an oil surface as a side-effect.

Equip items for…? What are you on about? You can get those as natural skills from skillbooks, all items with spells in them take their spells from the main list.

I was just giving my own opinion there, but Divinity's already a well-established series, isn't it? DOS feels like it's written as a parody of sorts, it's quite funny personally.

Nice generalisation, you're the only one who brought up bethshit

I'm about halfway through the game and have been into 3 hub areas, not counting at least 2 other friendly settlements. You literally haven't even been past the first map.

The game isn't suddenly bad because it doesn't have hyrbid skills. You are just mad that you have been proven wrong multiple times and have to spam the same shit over and over. Just stop while you are behind.

Everyone still babysitting 0bf8c7 deserve a reward for their patience.

Also still none of these have addressed challenged to give an argument scenario where he wins
There is now get aggro sentiment shared by 6+ thread TAUNT!111
you're just super casual mechanics that didn't factor others tell handled mages Point by point
people is shit then the people repeating is of the Going to repeat flaws cowards too
Can't stack making boring useless Slow level which padding boring leveling
No fun cookie cutter Level 10 skills big upgrade for are only or flat No hybrid
dual charging oil streak whirlwind attack that also fire Retarded and boring story
orcs for 1/2 half Inconsistent barrells
damage fucking everything with weapons with only one years
dl my 5th or 6th time
faggots can't respond CASUAL!1111

Right everyone is this thread are to casual

Look at these faggots they don't even play hardcore like us.

MMO terms first derived from the cRPG games they were inspired from, thanks for again exposing your age bud.

No the classic wizard usually has rituals and others that he uses with the DM's Knowledge to do plot work, good to see you're familiar with roleplaying games as you are RPG's aka not at all.

Taunt has existed in games way before MMO'
s holy fuck how nu are u?
Once again you're own wiki proves you wrong
divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Item_Mods_(Divinity:_Original_Sin)
Which is great if you're the only melee unit, and again taunt did't exist so no way to guarantee that melee unit got aggro, why is this so hard for you to understand?

And at level 12 or something you get a bigger oil spill, and other larger aoe terrain effects but no HYBRID skills which negates the purpose of cross pathing

One divinity game is considered good, the several released recently are not

Generalization you mean? But doesn't change the fact you're incorrect, the game has very little graphical changes in items I've seen rogule likes do better.

HUR DUR YOUR ONLY POINT WAS NO HYBRID SKILLS!111

All of your points got destroyed multiple times.
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong by multiple different anons.
You lost 30 posts ago. You have no argument and you are in fact a casual.

Also stop with your reddit spacing you casual shit.

You dont know what reddit spacing is
You claimed earlier I do it for $5 dollars showing you don't even understand hotpockets jokes
You've posted reddit memes several times
Everything you've posted has shown you're nothing but a child trying to fit in

So user my only question is why are you so casual?

Yeah, wizard has some ritual casting, but obviously most spells aren't able to be done like that, and certainly not in battle/in a short timespan. Also I just finished a D&D campaign a few weeks ago.

Thanks for ignoring the entire rest of the statement

See fucking attached, went back to the second hub area also just for you :^)

I was literally only stating this as an example of a fun build, not to sate your obsession for MMO taunt mechanics

At level 12 you don't get a bigger oil spell at all. The closest is level 15's earthquake, a massive AOE knockdown that also happens to add a few small oil spills as a side effect. This point is also not part of the hybrid spell argument, which I note you didn't address my point on because I just pointed out how you were wrong

Sorry, I don't speak american - if you really want to turn this into a grammar contest though, don't bother

Since you're still not going to pay attention to half the shit I'm saying I'm just going to leave it at this

Wew how casual are you have you never played an RPG before? Wizards have a ton of ritual spells from summoning familiars to, plotting events without party members knowing

No I didn't you are the one who has consistently ignored that taunt was given as a reason for aggro being untainable but then backpedled when it became apparent it wasn't out on release but a year later.

You mean a skill that wasn't implemented until a year and a half later?
Fuck dude stop being so casual
Once again the wiki proves you wrong
dude divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/Tectonic Spraywhy are you so casual?

Good to know you're better at correcting grammar then playing RPG, as you're so casual

Really kind of like?

Get lost already.

Assuming you're just trolling m8, typically you're supposed to spend less effort than the trollees, (50).

Yes just like shoopdawoop, just like pool is closed and every other 2007 meme reddit scooped up, things have an expiration date and the faggots that fail to understand this are very easy to spot.
Where did I claim you were anyone but your faggot yourself.

Yeah sure, I'm going to repeat the same criticisms that have failed to be rebuked,
Shit this faggot above me even claimed stats can be stacked when it states clearly in the Wiki they cannot.

I claimed that. I also provided screenshots which you conveniently ignored, you're either misinterpreting the wiki page or it's just plain out of date.

Then its as relevant as me claiming aggro wasn't possible early game
IE the game was shit with half assed design but gets a pass constantly because its some babbies first RPG.
Its okay casual I accept you.

What's the point of spamming that same shit every post if you wont respond to anyone who shows why it is bullshit?

No, the difference is that he is right and you are wrong.
Still too hardcore for you apparently.

Tell that to Pepe then faggot.
Jimmies was one of the only actually funny and non forced meme to come out in the last 10 years.
Speaking of memes you should stop spamming the same meme you call an argument.

Yeah man they really showed me.

Please lill baby, I understand it hurts to be casual but I'm only trying to help you.

Nice strawman faggot.
You keep spamming this shit and all the other dumb shit that got proven wrong multiple times.
No wonder you can't stand a Classic RPG, you can't read.

What is even the point? No matter how many times you respond or prove him wrong he will post the same copy pasta? Look at pic related, this is the dedication these faggots are willing to go through to "get back" at a game that was too hard for them.

As you guys cherrypick the shit out of repsonses as I constantly prove your wrong directly from the wiki and the game.
Fuck you guys are casual

Sure you did user. Despite the fact that anyone who has played the game past for a few hours should have gotten to the 2nd or 3rd hub. No those hubs don't actually exist because you keep spamming the same shit over and over again, that will prove all of these anons wrong. When you have over half a dozen anons who actually played the game calling you wrong and a faggot you must be a masochist or think you are "baiting" everyone. I bet you are a faggot who get's off to people insulting you, that is the only real explanation for your 50+ posts of saying the dumbest shit.

Cut the bullshit. How about you actually prove that there is one hub and I will prove that there is more than one hub.
Oh look here is picture evidence of the multiple different hubs in the game. I guess you can add this to the list of things you got proven wrong in.

Oh and this user has other evidence in picture form proving you wrong. This plus your not understanding what Nuker means and not knowing how Aggro works means you have been BTFO 4 times with proof.

So no matter how many times your autistic dribble gets proven wrong you will continue to post it? Ok user.
Most anons here are calling you a dumb faggot. Go ahead user, post the same copy past again. We both know you lost.
Still makes me laugh every time.

As much as it does taunt not being a thing?
Oh wait it wasn't as it wasn't added until 1.5 years later.

this thread is really fun.
Hey, if you're reading this post while scrolling through the 1st page, come in and read this mess.

This is some impressive autism. It's not your average every day autism that is for sure.

I hope I get a picture of it all before Mark deletes it all and bans him.

Remind me again who claimed aggro was possible with a skill that didn't exist until 1.5 years after the game came out?

>Slow shitposting which is padding for the boring discussion in the first place

Is there a reason to play it more than once? The game was all around average, its "new mechanics" being used mostly as a gimmick. I never understood the praise it got – maybe because most other RPGs released lately are shit, it makes this one seem good in comparison?

And Finished. This is like some modern art. I was lucky to find some pure autism naturally.

lmao

At least half of what he's saying just isn't the case, even ignoring changes and fixes with the Enhanced Edition. The "small map with only one hub area" is the most baffling. The only way you would think to say that is if you never got past the first Act of the game which would make sense considering all the other nonsense.

The tumblr meme really got your point across.

I am impressed with your shitposting dedication. Show me secret for faggotry.

But the nose doesn't glow

Welcome to January 2015.

Jesus, nevermind, I didn't realize this thread was full of idiots who actually play games when they come out.
Come on guys, it's the current year. Nobody releases finished games anymore, you always wait a year for obligatory DLC and bugfixing updates.

The game is actually really easy if you aren't a retard even when the game was released. Of course being "not a retard" is something that you can't expect from most players these days.

What the fuck happened in this thread?

It's really amazing how he just keep going even when proved wrong many and many times using the same shit again and again, like people said here it might really be a real case of autism right there, like the one that cross the street completely careless while ignoring a truck coming in his direction, the driver tries to honk as many times as he can but no matter how loud it is he just won't listen…
I played both the original and EE it's not a bad game and its not difficult either the hardest part was to get past the begining but the game gets progressely easier as you advance even considering i was building a battle mage and a rogue as my source hunters and it was a fucking pain to get thorugh the game using this combination playing on the original.
I can agree that the story was meh or straight bad but that really doesnt matter that much for me since i wasn't expecting a lot from it, the skins and SJW censorship bullshit was annoying but again nothing that game breaking.
If you have wandered for 40 hours and only found a single hub then it's your problem, theres Cyseal village, Silverglen in Luculla and Hunters Edge in the late game zone that i forgot the name(phantom forest i guess) plus the Homestead( The end of Time) and the Imaculated camp also in Luculla if i remember correctly.
The leveling progression also just felt alright for me not so fast but not too slow either.
I have good expectations for OS2 considering they gonna improve from the first game but it wasn't a bad game as he claims it to be.
Also, thanks a lot everyone here explaining how the aggro mechanics work, ill try a no mage run and was thinking on building a tank for it, this will help a lot.

Abridged version

I'm just gonna hollar out and say I really digged this game and I thought it was comfy as fuuuuuuuuuk.

2 warriors and 2 mages cross dipping for some basics like teleports and basic summons and visa versa for stats to use decent rare armors.

i just got here now holy shit

Holy shit.. Sometimes it's easy to forget that people like this actually exist.

What's going on in this thre-

So he got banned didn't he? Or maybe he killed himself.