Any good games where I can play a noble idealistic hero who legit makes the world better and puts nihilistic edgelords...

Any good games where I can play a noble idealistic hero who legit makes the world better and puts nihilistic edgelords in their place? I'm so fucking tired of all the nihilism and shitdark garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/index/1/teddy_jack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Knights of the Old Republic Light Side
Technically the Witcher since you can just be a cool guy protecting people from monsters
I believe most of the Risen games have a noblebright option
Mount and Blade: Warband lets you run around smashing bandits and helping villages if you choose so.
Any Shitendo game probably counts

Fucking moralfags.

Pic related incoming

yeah, nah, fuck off

JRPGs still do this:
Tales
Trails, Ys
Atelier
Neptunia

Geralt tries to act like a fence sitter yet most of the time he intervenes and tries to do the right thing.
So much for not wanting to choose at all when it comes to evil vs lesser evil.

Can't they at least try to make a different looking face?

but Holla Forums and tumblr both cling to their own black/white mentality- OH WAIT

despite his yakuza background Kazama Kiryu is a pretty traditional hero with strong beliefs in honor and justice.

SMT Nocturne can be that if you say fuck off to all the Reasons as well as Lucifer and just put the world back to what it was.

There's everything wrong with nihilism.

Clean up your room.

Skyrim

who's the artist?

Extremists are fuckin' hilarious.

thats hilarious, when extremists get told that not all people share their retarded opinions they simply created a third extreme to bag the rest of the world together, the "centrist".

You don't have very good eyes, do you? e621.net/post/index/1/teddy_jack

user you are the reason people don't lurk more.

Centrists are more often than not pathetic lolbergs who rely on documents (western ones the U.S. constitution) to dictate everything to them, but as soon as a problem presents itself that falls outside the purview of said document, they crumble.
the other type of centrist besides lolbergs (majority) are the edgy kind who think every side in everything is retarded and they usually don't contribute much to society and things in general. They're only good for realizing when people are being tools, but can't realize when they are being tools.

The artist's name is in the picture, but it appears as two seperate words, it wouldn't show up there if you tried it seperate or as a whole, it needs the underscore. If it was of higher quality I might have had second thoughts.

More often than not they also miss the point of how said documents are created, why they were important and the thoughts of the people who created them were the way they were.
Almost all of them are non-religious and cling to the ideals of documents created by religious and often devout people. More often than not they're more than happy to never compromise on freedom of speech but they waffle on freedom of religion.

I'm against extremism and neutrality.
Therefore I'm the smartest of them all.

I'm against everyone and everything.

i'm for not-revvy

(heiled)
Noice.

I cannot imagine how assravaged you are.

Grow up.

At who? I'm just mocking centrists and lolbergs.
You want a good laugh? Go to the Rand Paul subleddit and see who they voted for in the post election threads. You'll see Gary "Aleppo" Johnson as the top upboated posts. lolbergs and centrists are more often than not morons.

The people mocking extremists ITT. You either IP hopped or saw this on the frontpage and were so infuriated people were not subscribing to your world view, that you proceeded to try and pigeonhole them even harder.

half life 2

Nah. I'm on a work computer.
I saw it on the catalog because I'm not a newfag. Now feel free to stay salty with your not-arguments and do best to project *your* butthurt.
Show me a centrist who doesn't fit what I just said.

Boy I sure love politics bait, especially when a retard replies.

It's a morality thread, this was bound to happen

Well get the fuck back to work nigger.

Your comic assumes everyone is equal.

Its my last day here. I'd much rather shitpost on Holla Forums.

Baldur's Gate series as a paladin made me feel like a warrior of justice at times. I remember there being a mod that allowed you to wipe out both the shadow thieves and the vampires instead of only dealing with one of them. FFTA might count depending on whether you agree with Marche or not.

How about a game where you get to kill retarded baiters ? baiting retards only shits up a board with more of them

Most CRPG's have the option, shame BG2's main ending was evil route. There's probably a few NWN modules with this idea out there.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games.
Not quite what OP asked for but .hack//G.U in that MC goes from edgelord to nihilist to friendly hero and does sorta kill part of himself, similarly the original quadrilogy has a somewhat idealistic hero.

Would definitely second the Trails games Ys, although the later is more in the vain of just a simple hero similar to other classic games which doesn't really seem like what OP wants which i'm assuming is more so a story focused game where you can prove them wrong/kill them.

Thematically this is also how all of the Persona games have handled their final bosses since they are manifestation of effectively nihilism handled much better in P2, kinda shit from then on

W-wait, what? Why is revy aryan? I'm confused, help me.

user even said she's not-revvy.

No one on this website should agree with Marche. And even if they did, his stance doesn't really have anything to do with moral do-goodery.

One of my all time favorites. It has quick time events that are not just bearable but actually GOOD because they run on the same logic and controls as the main gameplay. This leads to one of the most fantastic ending sequences in games ever.

Since you're clealry a fan of sentai you should get an especially good kick out of it.

Gee sure would love to play this without having to buy a defunct fucking console

Cemu is right around the corner.

Sorry OP, offhand I can't think of any games where you play as Hitler

Might as well just point to the original FFT instead. Ramza is a huge moralfag, as well as probably the most heroic protagonist from any FF game not because of his feats nor because of his strength, but because he doubled down on the Beoulve way of protecting the weak and powerless and upholding justice, despite the whole world being against him from the start of his moralfag crusade. Over the game he is slandered, shunned, branded a heretic and constantly on the run from many factions (including his own corrupt family), and he only has a few allies. No one every thanks him for his deeds in his whole lifetime and he leaves no footnote in history other than being a heretic and the scum of the earth, but he still goes with all of it because if that's the price to pay for doing the right thing, then it's worth it.

Even at the end Ramza gets to survive all his ordeals and go on adventures with his sister and possibly his harem army of moralfags; on the other hand, his edgy best friend Delita becomes king at Ramza's expense, but gets stabbed by the only one who loved him because he used everyone and threw them away like trash, just like the exact same people he swore to get revenge on.

Which do you prefer as the image to the hero OP described? The giant muscular hero or the simple adventurer hero?

Scrawny fucks. An everyman who no one thought anything of becoming the hero the world needs is always the best kind of hero.

Don't really think Adol would fit that idea though, in some later games people know his name and expect things of him. That and he never really "became the hero the world needs" so much as he just wanted to explore shit from the moment he was born, still a good hero though.

Depends on how simple and how muscular we are talking, I like the idea of simple adventurers more but giving them the build of a twink makes it impossible for me to see them seriously when they perform any physical feats. Unless they actually grow and gain more muscle as the game goes on, sadly I can only think of manga not games where this occurs, at least in a visible manner
The giant muscular hero I only really have experience with in CRPGs, which aren't usually too good as physical is much more limited than magic and lowered int can limit gameplay, and dungeon crawlers where the characters themselves don't always matter too much.

This swank nigga right here.

How the fuck have you not played Skies of Arcadia…

You are all faggots of the highest order.

I didn't know who the other dude was, I was going off how his character looked. I was imaging Deku mostly.

Well in Fable TLC, you can play as a force of good and righteousness that fights and defeats a nihilistic edgelord.

Persona 4. :^)

Camelot's style of adventurers are my absolute favorite. Not too scrawny in some cases, but not over the top beefcakes.

Politics was a mistake.
The right was a mistake
The left was a mistake
The center was a mistake
Holla Forums was a mistake
Tumblr was a mistake
Holla Forums was a mistake
Mankind was a mistake
The universe was a mistake

Damn it, OP, I love those kind of characters, but for the live of me, I can't remember a lot.
Link is not exactly idealistic, but he helps just because. This is specially true in Wind Waker, and there Ganon is almost fedora.

There's nothing wrong with nihilism, the problem is when it is abused. A nihilism thought is that nothing matters, on the basis that we have no purpose on the universe and we are here by chance. I completely believe that this statement is 100% true.
Now, what can you do that you know that? Depending on what action you take is whether or not you are a faggot, not nihilism itself. Hell, you can even try and use that as an excuse to make things better.

Us Kenshiro really a moralfag? The guy kills left and right. I think OP is asking for something more like KR.

user, I don't want to murder anyone, period. Killing is bad in almost every circumstances.
Life isn't white and black and doesn't just have 2 or 3 ways. If the current options are shit, someone have to have the balls to change them. With change comes sacrifice but also progress.

You contribute to society by being an exemplary citizen, not by being a nazi or a tranny, or both. People are the tools of society, that's the only way society can move forward that's something everyone should face in life, and you can either accept it, or don't and try to change it, you can, I don't know, think in a different way of leading a country, like communism :^)
The problem with social media and the internet in general is that everyone thinks they are smarter than everyone else and think they are above the pack, doing nothing for said pack.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that you are mostly right, which is why change is needed. The problem is that trying to hamfist change only brings more problems.

CEMU is fucking garbage proprietary software. You can CFW a Wii U easily.

You'd be surprised that you actually described All Might. The guy of the pic.

This.

That sounds fucking awesome. Always knew about the game but never bothered with it.

Brb, getting out the PSP.

To further about this, both characters are essentially the same, user. They both were everyday men. I think that capes and the such give both an interesting look of it and a depressing one. People like superheroes because they are individuals with the power to change things, and that's specially true when they are relatable like spiderman used to be. I believe that any individual isn't inherently good nor bad, they just are, but every human wants to have a better life, and even though that definition may vary, things like theft, murder, violence and the such are despised unless there's something wrong with you.

My point is that every person wish they could have superpowers to do something better, every time they witness a robbery or something similar and can't do anything. They feel powerless, they want to help, but they know they can't. Every sane person would like to be a hero, and they convey the most innocent perception of justice we have. The thing is if every person tried to be a hero, even at the cost of their own life, we might not feel the need to read about these heroes in fantasy, but we could do it in newspapers.

a simple but surprisingly deep game

The difference between All Might and Adol is that Adol is the Before, All Might is the After.

Start as Adol, become All Might. An everyman who becomes the hero of the world should become the hero of the world, who inspires tales of unreachable power and great morals, but in fact was still a humble man who simply did what was right and became who he was through the trials he faced.

It doesn't make sense to simply pick one or the other.

That's… pretty debatable. Most of the game you're off getting stronger to fight a boss who is actually already defeated.

In kenshiro's case he was in a post apocalyptic world with a society equatable to a much worse Sparta, kill or be killed, or die of starvation.

The people he killed were always those who had been consumed by greed and fucked up the world by stealing from farming communities who could not advance and remake society due to their villainy, and the theives could not remake society at all because they were a kill or be killed short term group with short term goals of survival over everything else.

Thus, they were killed when they threatened Kenshiro or people he protected.

The state of society defines what is good. In a lawless wasteland, prison is seldom an option, and in order for imprisonment and rehabilitation to begin for humans, the overall quality of society must be improved, and in Kenshiro's really fucked and messed up societal case, murder was not only an option, it was mandatory.

Hokuto is the anti-1984, in which not enough society turns you barbaric, and your only salvation if you're not a 240lb body builder with hair gel is the goodwill of others. Every practitioner of Hokuto is duty bound to protect the innocent, uphold peace, and become the merciless judge and punisher of evil under the skies of the world. And it's succession was specifically geared to preventing users from abusing the martial art.

Kenshiro followed this, and never had a crisis of morality. His defined life was always Black and White.

in fact If you fail to meet this standard, by Hokuto tradition you are either killed, exiled to isolation, or lose your hands.

Would Judge Dredd be this? He is Law incarnate, and dolls out Order effectively but is he considered "idealistic" or "noble?"

nice dubs but not quite satan.

I haven't read any dredd myself but Another user told me dredd did apparently jail a man for a crime he was perfectly justified in doing and then paid the mans bail. I wish I knew what comic that was exactly but oh well.

does Dredd protect the weak?

No, in his case he's lawful neutral. His entire society is unjust and crazy, yet he enforces it for the sake of enforcing it.

He's Lawful Neutral, not good, he has no ideals but servitude to the law and while that may be respectable on it's own, good is a reaction to evil, not a constant.

He is a constant, he cares not of the morality of his actions, only that he does them.

He's a slave to the law, not his own man. That's not noble. A Noble man would defy the law should it be evil, or adhere to it should it be good. Law is simply the conglomeration of human thought into rules. To oppose the world to fight for what you figured out is good is noble.

Naturally, many people are wrong. The one who went through that process and is right is the hero.

Judge Dredd wouldn't be idealistic or noble even in a good society, because he is a constant, who has no actions of his own.

Only if the law of society says he should, and it often does not. He's a morality-free slave, the people heroes fight against.

Bless you, kind sir.

Mostly he's an old man trying to reclaim past glory, and he's not necessarily wrong in what he's doing even if it's with the obvious intent of laying claim to the kingdom and/or world afterwards. All the moreso with the say-so from Nintendo that Ganondorf gets reincarnated just like the other two on the off-chance he actually does die, may or may not follow Link and Zelda's apparent logic that they get more powerful with each incarnation, and that even with Daphnes' faggoty crusade against destiny all he really did was ended up establishing a new flavor of the same cycle via New Hyrule and Malladus. How Nintendo claims Malladus is a reincarnation of Ganon/Ganondorf while at the same time the game establishes the Lokomo were facing Malladus for quite some time before WW Link and Zelda ever showed up is beyond me.

too bad the sequels missed the point so badly

Um Tales of Berseria in the 1st hours has you break out of prison by starting a riot and sending them to their deaths as a distraction, destroy a town kidnapping a child and stealing a boat in the process, join up with pirates and destroy a military base, and work for a shadow guild to kill a high ranking political leader for information on a quest for revenge.

The only saving grace to your main characters is that the bad guys are overall worse and really only 2/6 of them are the true bad guys with both of those 2 getting some development.

But yeah I guess Berseria is an exception.

He does have his own standards, and when the police get corrupt or get out of hand, he's always the one to stop them. It's more like the law is a uniform and proper response to 99.9% of situations he encounters, so he uses it just as it's said and doesn't bother with his own thinking. He works several day-long shifts and locks up hundreds at a time at points, so he doesn't fuck about with navel gazing, his world is too hard. Think of it like 40k or some other awful scifi dystopia in that being less awful than everyone else is the same as being good in a better world, and it's the best you can do as a mortal human. He'll arrest you for illegally owning sugar, but you'll be glad for the law when he stops the mechanical cult in the block over from harvesting your brain to put in a deathrobot.

But there are cases where the law is wrong, and he'll never admit it, but he will go out on his own in those cases. Of course he's had loads of different writers giving different angles on him, so take it as you please.

All Apocalypse Zero is good as far as I'm concerned. Would kill for something animated as well as Shigurui, though.

Sonic the Hedgehog. You can't see it because his best traits are in his shittier games. Loves freedom to the point of being described as selfishly fond of it. Hates getting tied down to a faction but is too much of a nice guy to turn down someone in danger or bullied by an oppressor. Example is in Black Knight (I really hated the gameplay of that game)where the villain wants to create a perfect world where nothing changes, basically a communist state. This is despite the villain's reasoning of doig this is to prevent her world from eventually dying. Sonic refuses to the point of stating that life is worthless without any change or autonomy. If life ends then at least have it end while making the most of it.

If you want, try Unleashed. Not much of a character study, but the game subverts the "guy turning feral when becoming a werewolf" trope by having his mind unchanged after the transformation to the Werehog. The story even states that its because of Sonic's unchanging drive and spirit that he didn't succumb to being a mindless monster. Although really the draw is interacting with the NPCs around the world.

The element of Sonic's passion for being free to be left to his own devices and what he does with his life actually helps him feel more earnest than the average shounen hero that are just nice just because.

Nihilism is for faggots, absurdism master race.

That's some Edgy Joker "Y SO SERIOUS" shit.

Moral Fags are the masterace.

Sonic was always about fighting against communism.

Absurdism views reality as an empty canvas, and says that you should paint your own meaning on it. Nihilists just see the empty canvas and don't even bother to paint. Absurdism master race faggots.

Absurdism is cynicism for the lazy.

Fable on the OG Xbox
Not lost chapters either. Small parts in the original game make it slightly better despite the lack of the expanded story.

Nihilists see the canvas is painted with feces and menstrual blood.

So a SJW game?
Theyre the ones who are all for punching Nazis and trolls and autistically screech when told to ignore the troll

Full Metal Panic had that same conclusion

I prefer more realistic heroes - in that they have limitations and flaws, and he universe itself has limitations and flaws.
I generally don't like unbelievably perfect outcomes.

And why should you protect the weak? Why is it "good"? Does the long-term outcome of protecting the weak matter? The effect on society?

No?

Castlevania games. You can pal

septerra core
anachronox
dragon quest (any)
jedi knight
cave story
myst

As much as I love CV I'd like to see a game where you're actually the D-man fucking up ottomans like in that one movie with Luke Evans.

We should reward punish mass murderers with lifetime stay in hotels and give them video game consoles with an online subscription plan, because killing is bad
ALternatively giving them money for being part of Al-Qaeda works too

Some people simply need killing.

It's less of an ideology and more of being a decent person and having a conscience. It's acting like a tool to state that all heroes must always help able people that refuse to adapt and change to defend themselves. A real heroic ideology would teach those people how to defend themselves and their infirm, and protect them from forces that want them to stagnate and live in fear. Like protecting children or novices before they can grow capable enough to defend themselves from those that prey on the weak. But someone with a conscience would still just help people outside of ideology and politics and what is ultimately right, because again they're not sociopaths that always try to make acts of charity about themselves.

I can see your point with Illusion of Gaia, but Terranigma had pretty much the same 'world restoring' concept, IIRC

He's secretly addicted to politics. Like people who say they hate gambling but keep ending up back at the casino.

Give 'em hell user

Nevermind the subtle decisions he makes for his inmates, like throwing misguided people into prisons that have less inmates, or fighting against anti-mutant laws(Even though he still follows it)
Lawful Neutral still wins but he obviously has a "Good" undertone.

I was chuckling before I saw your post.

Grandia.

Grandia 2's hero was a tryhard edgelord though.

The Yakuza series

The Persona series

In a similar vein, Shin Megami Tensei games have dialogue choices and routes you choose to get your desired ending. Overall they're darker than Persona, however, as most of them take place during a biblical-style apocalypse.

Trails in the Sky series

I can't recommend the Trails of Cold Steel series because it doesn't fit in line with what you want, but if you like Sky you should definitely look into them:

tl;dr if you want games with idealistic heroes, look to Japanese games (mostly JRPGs)

Speak for yourself. Mewt a shit.

You'll like this OP.

Any good games where I can play a noble and idealistic villain?

A question similar to OP

Are there any games that allow me to play as an idealized version of a chaotic good hero? A person who can sometimes go in conflict with the law in search of bringing real justice?

And are there any games that allow me to play as a edgelord that overcomes the edge and becomes a hero during the story?

It's closer to being a Japanese picture book with porn in it, but I guess it still counts as a vidya.

A honorable villain? This one will do.

If you enjoy FFT, make absolutely sure you play Tactics Ogre.
It's very, very similar in world, characters, and mechanics.
The main and most important difference is that the game is more about choice. There's a point very early on that decides your morality for the rest of the game: Chaotic good in a similar vein to Ramza from FFT, or a Lawful neutral path that's more realistic.

I should really get into Kamen Rider.

Like how centrists replace black and white with "rational" and "extremist"?

And yet they always fail to see how he lives in a world where it's either kill or be killed so he cannot allow himself for mercy towards the wicked And yet sometimes he still gives them a chance if I remember correctly

well there's your problem

max payne 1 2 3. follow a cop down a downward spiral of drug and alcohol abuse and depression, as he suicidally tries to end his own life in a blaze of glory killing evil people, but he doesnt die because that'd be a game over.

he starts small taking out a gang/cult of drug dealers in new jersey that he blamed for the death of his family. then he goes after the mob and russian mob, then he goes international and cracks down an entire drug cartel/organ/human trafficing ring in south america.

Stop.

That sounds like the second thing, what about that "Idealized chaotic good hero" thing though?

Thanks for the recommendation

Don't play Max Payne 3.

why? its a fun TPS.

well, he is good, but he's also chaotic and ends up killing police and becoming a little bit of a terrorist. but only because they got in his way. a few points in the game he reflects and thinks "wtf am i even doing?"

There's nothing wrong with playing it pirated and checking it out

Fuck you and your shit taste >>>/reddit/

It's a shitty generic TPS that wasn't made by Remedy, pirated or not. Kill yourself.

Isn't Jack of Blades actually some eldrich horror?

let me guess, you played it like a cover based shooter? it was faster than mp1 and 2 and didnt have entire levels of "looking around"
they were all tps games, wtf are you talking about
true.
only if the game is still loading just like previous games.
thats mp1. in mp3 he becomes a deadpan sociopath classic cop/loose cannon.
pirate it, faggot.
true.
not an argument. but im not the one that buys games crippled with DRM then complains about it.

If_you_pity_them_you_should_join_them.png

That sounds unlikely for him. He follow the law both in the good and the bad sense in a distopian future. While other judges might abuse their power, Dredd just uses overwhelming force against anyone breaking the law, be them good or bad. He might feel pity for you, but he will follow the law regardless.

At a stretch Suikoden 2.

Had to dash that whites in there huh shitskin?

Don't buy a psp, even the 3000 model has issues with age and replacement batteries don't exist (They're all chink shit that will explode). FFT plays just fine on PPSSPP, I'd recommend you look into that instead since you can play on a phone if you want portability and its turn based so the touch controls wont be as abhorrent.

If you're absolutely set on a psp, keep an eye out for official batteries under $40. They're unicorns these days.

I actually wanted to say Undertale as a joke, but rethinking the joke it actually is a suggestion, fuck.
Anyways you are a retard if you need an idealistic hero "making the world better". I actually would like to see a game with a complete utter retard of a hero who thinks he is making the world better but in the end it only helped some dark evil while the edgelords warned him about that, but he slayed them, because gud.

Quest for Glory is what you're looking for my man. You even get to reform and marry not one, not two, but three different villainesses with the power of your righteousness.

It's clearly designed as such, and it blows.

Lying fucking faggot, no it isn't. Max feels like he's wading through molasses compared to previous games.

Should've specified it's a shitty cinematic cover based TPS, my bad.

And before that he's a whiny bitch ass drunk who somehow is still crying about his dead wife even tho he supposed to have gotten over it.

You're lying again. They're still unskippable even after the slow ass loading. In the previous games the load times were lightning fast and could be skipped after a few seconds.

Even without DRM it's a shit faux sequel not made by Remedy or Sam Lake.

Stay there if you're triggered so much >>>/reddit/

Well, you can read Deadpool.

What's debatable about it? The entire game is about solving people's problems and making them not shitty, nihilistic assholes.

Man that anime would have been the coolest shit if it didn't constantly stick flashbacks in every episode

you played it wrong. how much of a massive casual do you have to be to be forced to play this as a cover shooter? it's clearly not.

you played it like a cover based shooter faggot, of course staying still is slow.

mp1 and 2 both had walking simulator parts, which were removed from mp3.

he's not even that in the flashback. maybe show the scene youre talking about?

lol, did you even play the first 2 games? or are you just a hipster.

can you be right about anything? its skippable after it loads. thats why replays of the missions after death let you immediately skip the cutscene.
max payne 1 and 2 loadtimes werent fast on a standard pc at the time they released.

wew

Isn't pretty much every game like that? Especially the games for children like Sonic, Megaman, Spyro, all the capeshit etc.

What are some good games in which the villains aren't portrayed as cartoonishly evil meanies who are are acting like dicks all the time just to remind you that they're the baddies and you're the gooddies?

In a lot of ways, yeah. Some'd argue he'd only be lawful neutral, but ultimately he does do the right thing so long as it fits his standard within the law.
He won't arrest a criminal scumbag or otherwise fight them, if he's not currently legally able to do so, for instance, but he still will go to them and scold them for what they're doing as "illegal".

He is absolutely a good person, in any case. And his interpretation of the Law goes beyond what any judges or other groups may say. For instance, when the chief judge refuses to pass a law that'll stop advance robots, one of which has recently committed a crime, judge Dredd turns in his badge, saying;

He's definitely got a lot of leaning towards "lawful", but he's also quite decisively "lawful good". 'Least from what I have read of the original runs.

Several times. Granted, most of these are invalidated by the Shonen cliche of "if you show the villain mercy, he'll try to stab you in the back as you walk away."

From what I've read, this seems to be completely wrong.
Though, that's mainly based around the original runs, not whatever they're churning out in the modern era. I know some folk've said the dredd of more recent times is massively different.

Anyway, he enforces the law because he believes in the law. He believes in justice, and in order. He does not enforce the law arbitrarily.
Likewise, he definitely cares for the morality of actions. He, after being sent in to a mutie cult outside the city, chooses to save all the slaves said cult took, rather than just the mayor's son as was his mission.
If he was just following orders, doing only what the law required, he'd've left them behind.

And he definitely defies the 'law' when it is corrupt, too. He's gone against the judges multiple times. It's rarer, and requires more of a clear line, but he'll definitely do it if he believes they're going contrary to what he perceives to be the "law".

Paladin of St. Cuthbert played properly, then.

Sorry for the /tg/-tism.

Yes, I know Cuthbert is LN and thus only has Paladins in 4th ed, but still.

I suppose so.
Honestly the LG/CE chart shit is pretty dumb when it comes to defining and describing characters. LN might apply, if we think of it more as a graph rather than an absolute.
Problem is it doesn't seem clear if "lawful" means "obey authority" or "obey your own standards and rules".

I actually played a paladin of St Cuthbert not too long ago. Was pretty fun. My main schtick was absolute hatred for corruption. GM gave me a mind-reading helmet, later on, that let me read minds once a day. Alas, the campaign was short lived. Hardly ever used it

Explain pic related

Fuck you bro

Somebody got that /tg/ lawful good image?

VIDEO GAMES!

Fuck you bro.

Sup Faggot, suck dick much?

They won't, if anything, they'll lose charge very quickly after a year or so. Also, official batteries are also a danger considering they're most likely dead or swollen if they haven't been used. The best ones are the lightly used ones which are impossible to find these days.

For one, none of us have proof this is true and we probably never will. Even if it is, who is to say we can't create purpose?
Two, accepting it as fact means you've given up on doing anything meaningful. Everyone derives meaning and satisfaction from a goal they're given or decide on themselves, lack of such leads to nihilism. And at that point you're just living a hedonistic lifestyle. We're wired to keep ourselves busy, not to waste away and not even try to do anything of importance because we fool ourselves into thinking "lol nothing really matters". I think a lot of anons are in this situation, but they're the most likely to be aware of it and break that cycle.
Then you've stopped believing in nihilism and set up a goal to improve things for yourself and the world around you. It benefits everyone, so why not do it?

Sengoku Ranch.

Nihilism was supposed to be a freeing concept, the idea that there's no greater plan forcing your life along, or that will punish you for all eternity if you mess up. This was all so that you could step forward each day and do what most mattered to you, individually. Allowing of course for societal decorum you could pursue whatever you wanted, be whatever you wanted, let others be whatever they wanted because in the end it didn't matter. Instead nihilism got twisted into the edgelord belief system it is today, used by depressed people as an excuse not to try.
You're right user, nihilism doesn't mean you shouldn't make life meaningful for you
Polite sage for tangential

This.
Just because the universe didn't make a purpose when it shat you out, doesn't mean nothing you do matters.
Your life is in your hands. Take it, seize it, and work to climb the mountain that is existence.
If you're the type of limp-dick retard to sit on the foot of the hill and say "What's the point of climbing? I'll just get to the top, and then what?", you're a homosexual dickmonger, and don't get the point of climbing.
It's because you can. We've been stuck in this world, empty and devoid of purpose, of restriction, and because of that, we can do anything.

This user got it already, but as he said, just because doesn't have any meaning, doesn't mean you can't give any meaning to life. Nihilism was born in a era where you have an specific role in society and people started to lose their fucking minds with it because they thought if they didn't succeed in something specifically and do it their whole life they'd be doomed forever.

This is pretty much nihilism. Nihilism says there's no cosmic or set meaning, it says meaning is, well, meaningless and subjective, so it can be anything you want.
Untrue, that leads to depression, that's not nihilism.
Do you even know what hedonism is? Hedonists meaning of life is literally have as much pleasure in life as they can, regardless of what kind of pleasure, although usually sexual and excesses.
Nothing is important, user, you can fucking tel me what i important or what is not because what's important for me might not be important for you meaning that not everything have the same value or "importance". Playing games is a waste of time, but I still do it because I like it and because it can be as important as having a family for me.
Again, that's pretty much nihilism.
Nice Franky pic, btw.

Not even memeing. This game is literally "how Satan saved Christmas", with the Gnostic interpretation of Satan, being Satanael, being sent by an overgod to tell the Demiurge (the extremely demanding god of the old testament) to knock it off.

One of my personal favourites. Fuck evil.

He'd rather not choose at all because evil is evil - lesser, greater, middling, it makes no difference and he'd rather just kill some monsters.

There's a neat drinking game you can play with the Witcher games where you take a drink every time someone says "hey, I see you're a witcher and have two swords, one for humans and one for monster" and Geralt replies "both are for monsters."

My first character was a half-orc Cleric of Cuthbert. One weapon: A fist-shaped mace. Other weapon: A huge warhammer with CONVICTED on the head of the hammer (it was rather wide) in Common and on the other head, the same in Orc (though it was directly translated as EXECUTED due to some cultural differences).

He was hilariously fun to play, as his thing was welching on deals or payment. Take a wild guess how many times people attempted to back out on a quest reward?

Twice. Never happened again after that.

Unfortunately, alignment autists will scream at you because 'm-muh lawful means respecting authorityyyy!'

that one's great because you can tell that person's never actually played DnD before with anyone who thinks alignment means anything, he's describing chaotic good

Reminded me of this, but probably for dice tossing.

But he is a hero and the literal greatest force for good in his world.
Thought that's mostly by default because he's nominally good aligned and the greatest force in his world. I can imagine the whale totally losing his shit if Rance did decide to go full Demon King.

It's always struck me as odd that there aren't more games and movies and shit with characters like this because noble, good-hearted heroes are quite popular. It's the whole reason everyone loves Captain America and Superman.

Seconded. Final Fantasy Tactics is the only game to ever effect me emotionally. Ramza Beoulve is the single most selfless and heroic character I've ever seen.

The world ends with you is exactly about an edgy faggot growing the fuck up and learning to care about other people while fighting to save everyone's souls from oblivion.

Neku had legitimate reasons to hate the city, but he only did because he barely interacted with anyone since he found them annoying, and they actually are. Pretty sure he stills hate everything, but he now have friends.

Remember how I said he was tsundere for Sill? Yeah, Chaotic Evil is him at the end of a route where she is killed/threatened.

You cant keep on living in a fantasy world you need to let it go. The soviet union was a failure.

Superman is a fag.
t. Blyatman