I haven't played on a console since the ps2 or gamecube

My room mate has decided to buy a ps4 for some reason which I will be able to use what games are there it will be able to play that didn't get a PC release that are worth playing?

Aside from demons's souls and bloodborne I don't know of any.

Fuck man my last console was a sega master system.

PS4? No games.

Nope. Bust out that Gamecube again. Going through games I missed on both it and the PS2 and boy, is it comfy.

Wipeout, LWA's beatemup game, Nioh.

all you have is fuckin trash++++

Using a modern console is such a pain in the ass.
Just fuck all of it, seriously.

Madden
Now go tell your friend hes a dumbass and buy a Dreamcast.

the max is 7 wirelessly, if you're gonna lie do it right, shill.

plenty of games and more keep coming out. Also DRM free games that you don't have to mod to be playable.

I never had a PS2 when it was current myself, and even though I had a Gamecube, I never had much for it at the time. Been enjoyable going through my backlogs for both (got my PS2 set up with a drive and loaders, and my Wii's modded), as well as earlier systems. Latest systems I even have are a PS3, Wii, and Vita, which I'll admit all do have their share of enjoyable games, but I mainly stick to sixth gen and earlier when I feel like playing something.

It's a bit telling, really. The WiiU was current for about four and a half years, both the XBONE and PS4 are turning four this year, but I've still yet to find enough of personal interest on any of them to warrant buying any of them. I tend to get into new systems late anyhow (cheaper systems, better established libraries, and most older games for them being sub-launch price by that point), so I find it baffling how shit can sell so stupidly well at launch, when all there is is a handful of launch titles and a "promise" of more worthwhile games in the future, which may or may not come to pass.

The the only reason to have a console IMO is to play games local and for japanese games that haven't come to PC yet or have even been (((localized))). And even then, the Vita does a better job at that than the PS4. Saying that, most new Vita games that come to the west now only end up on the PS4 and many are coming to PC sooner or later. Like if you want to get your hands on Earth Defense Force 5 when it comes out in Japan, you'll need a PS4. Now when it comes to western games, there is no reason to own a console and we both know this.

Besides that, fuck PS+ because it requires you to pay to play online. The Vita and PS3 don't require this paywall bullshit at all. As for PS+ deals, they are garbage 90% of the time due to being filled with indie garbage and the games worth playing barely get a discount.

As for PS4 games worth playing? I can only think of Nioh, Disgaea 5, and fighting games like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: Ignition. Many other fighters have come to PC and same with otaku pandering games like Fairy Fencer. Though something like Galgun: Double Peace hasn't come to PC. Either way you get the picture. PS4 and Vita for otaku games and local play. Also know that the Vita TV is cheap and can easily have a CFW put on it to play "free" Vita games.

not an argument, platform wars shill.

This too. The PS4 battery is so damn low compared to the PS3 controller and controllers in general are way too expensive. The UI for the PS4 is worse than the PS3 (new means better to these devs for some reason) and you barely get any means to customize them, if at all.

I don't even own a console but how exactly is this a bad thing? Who needs gimmick controllers asides from steering wheels?

Out of curiosity, is Fighting Climax Ignition slated to come overseas, or did the original release on the PS3 and Vita not do well enough for there to be interest from Sega? Being a fighting game, I suppose those are playable enough as imports, but with the fact that it's a crossover game as well and a lot of fun people seem to have with those is also characters from different series interacting, it seems like that would be an aspect lost if playing without knowing moon.

Don't forget forced game downloads even when you have the game in disc format. Pisses me off a bit. I mean, sure, you own a game and aren't being reliant on a service to keep the ability to play it, but at the same time it's obnoxious how those can eat up up to 10 GBs of memory, at least on my PS3, because apparently playing straight from the disc (even blu-ray) isn't very feasible these days.

For some reason, Sony keeps on trucking like that, though at least with the PS3 (and PS4, assuming they kept the function) you can use up to four wirelessly instead of needing to buy a peripheral like with the PS1 and PS2 (albeit that's doesn't help matter if more than two people need to charge their controllers, and only charging while the system is on is another issue). Nintendo at least wised up during fifth gen and had the N64 and onward have four native controller ports, and I want to say the Xbox had four from the start but I've not owned one myself.

DFC:I gets new characters every blue moon but they haven't announced any western release. Maybe if or when they have all their characters? Either way, it would be great if they put it on PC. I don't see why they wouldn't though.

Persona 5 is pretty good, especially since you posted a cute girl as OP.

Work on your backlog, OP

That's not true, user.

My bad, I forgot that did come to PC. Still, the only thing that ties me to the PS4 and Vita are a few exclusives which some come to PC maybe a year or so later. I find myself playing on PC more these days thanks to Japanese companies starting to make more PC ports. Though it doesn't help when some PC ports are straight up awful like Dead or Alive 5.

Even better:

Modern consoles stopped being good around 2006. You're better off just playing old vidya on old consoles and playing new vidya on PC.

Why did the gooks went full retarded? Do they hate money?

Many just don't know better. Like Falcom has been working with PC ports for decades so making PC ports is no problem for them. Especially when they know what PC players want. A quick look at the options menu is usually a good tell on how good a port might be. Also, when it comes to netcodes, many don't consider GGPO which is fantastic for fighting games. You can be fighting a BR and still have a good connection. Many JP devs/publishers either have a netcode made and don't want to fuck it up (like with Arcana Heart 3 LMSS PC port) and haven't even considered GGPO.

All these JP games, and even visual novels are starting to sell on PC and sometimes better than the platform they were originally on. That could also be due to word of mouth while it was on consoles/handhelds though. Like imagine how much [email protected]/* */ would sell if it was on PC and translated.

JP devs and publishers realize this but don't have many publishers to localize their games on PC properly. They need publishers who can work with them to make a quality port. And to make matters worse, some won't change a thing for the PC port like the PC version of Mugen Souls. It would have sold much more if NISA cleaned up the translation and removed the censored content. But nah, that would take effort.