Tfw you realize both Half Life and Half Life 2 were just tech demos of the Source engine for people to create mods than...

Half Life doesn't use the Source engine though.

No, the original HL uses the GoldSrc engine, which is the daddy of Source. Doesn't change the fact that Valve made one game with it, along with two expansions that had updates to the engine, and then used it to lure in modders, only to steal their work and repackage it and sell it.

Source is a derivative of the GoldSrc engine modified quake engine, which Half Life uses.

It's important to be autistic about it user.

An extremely, extremely remote derivative yes. Still incorrect to say Half Life uses the Source engine considering it pre-dates the distinction of Source/Goldsrc.

I guess you're right. Still, it pisses me off people only accuse Valve of being jewish around Portal's release when they've done this since the fucking start.

They still developed a few good games back then. Pic related, the last good game they made.

Well yes, I'd agree they've been doing it for years though I'd say it was less intentional with Half Life 1's mods and much moreso with Half Life 2's.

I guess you have a point there.

Left 4 Dead was actually a pretty fun concept. They quit hiding the jew tactics with L4D2 though. I still remember how fucking pissed everyone was, yet they bought it anyways.

But L4D2 is just tweaks around the edge of L4D, a game made by a third party studio they bought out. Good changes to the basic formula but not exactly original.

Since then that studio has made Evolve, and that's it.
I think it's fair to suppose that Valve had a lot of input on how the game should've worked, and that's why it was good.

It's like saying Portal isn't theirs because it was made by students they hired, it's pretty fucking dumb.

jew tactics?

Half Life was a game with a lot of thought and care put into it, Half Life 2 was the piece of shit shoddily slapped together for a tech demo fam.

I'm sure they had some input but it was mostly a Turtle Rock project.
L4D was further along than Portal though.

They basically gave a gigantic middle finger to everyone who bought the first game, by including the first campaign's maps in the second game, basically reselling the first game rather than just sell an expansion.

They did scrap their initial version the game and rebuilt it after they got hacked, donno why thou.

no you still dont fit in and you still need to go back

Source uses a unique BRDF Ambient Cube(patented), Radiosity and bakes lightmaps
thats why it looks good on ancient hardware

do you have any facts to back that up?

I remember how unbelievably awesome this looked in 2005
It probably spawned the whole graphics > gameplay trend that's still happening today though.

read the rest of the comment, they hate it because they think it will make them fit in

no you still dont fit in and you still need to go back

Two can play at that game :^)

The hack in general was a massive galvanizer, especially so since it'd put on display for anyone who looked that Valve can't meet their own release dates and deadlines. Most everything in the hack was already so dreadfully incomplete that it probably look less time to basically remake the game than it would've to complete and polish everything they already had.

Reading comprehension, my ninja.

Can you wait for the NPC to finish talking, take hl2's near-infinite ammo SMG and kill yourself?

Games being sold on good graphics has been a thing forever user

It was probably the first "cinematic shooter" and definitely illustrated that a silent protagonist doesn't work outside of the barebones cutscenes that HL1 went with, since everybody just fucking talks around you in HL2 and Gordon is pretty well a yes-man, and the player-insert reasoning for his being silent goes out the window as they periodically confirm Gordon did in fact perform a lot of the more cantankerous shit you could do around Black Mesa like fuck with that one guy's microwave.

>implying the sentiment that newfags and redditors brainlessly hate on niggers and other minorities purely to fit in and make an appeal to stormfags that aren't there is at all wrong

leddit pls go

oh and btw fuck you OP

Blindly parroting common opinions of any sort is just faggots trying to fit in. Coming to your own conclusions (common though they may be) based on evidence/arguments you see posted by other fags is not.