What are your favorite videogame with Animal Companions...

What are your favorite videogame with Animal Companions? I mean animals that are a big part of the gameplay and ridable or controlled directly. I think Yoshi is probably the best executed one that I can think of.

fuck off furfag
ride your mums cock

No. D. Dog is the fucking standard. It makes me so intensely sad that there aren't more interactions with him. Why can't I pet D. Dog as a puppy?

Fate has an animal companion. Its basically just a backpack, but its there.

I don't think you know what that means.

Shadow Dancer for the génesis
Go fucking play it, fag.

Torchlight is just a shit fate.

more like
ur mom lol

And Fate is a shit Din's Curse.

Mark of Kri (your raven spirit guide is an invaluable scout)
Shadow of the Colossus
Ranger X (if you'll count that cool bird-like monowheel bike)

This thread never had a chance.

thats a cute lab, makes me want to get another one

And Din's Curse is just shit Diablo with unfun gimmicks.

Not directly controlled, but plays a huge part in making the gameplay feel smooth by acting as both a damage shield, and massively increasing your pickup range for items. For ones that you control directly, I guess Kazooie would take the cake in usefulness.

Thinking back, it seems odd that there really aren't that many games with important animal companions.

Nope, he's a fucking power up

Nethack

Agro

He can run on his own.

I don't like animal companions. Actually I really hate them as a game mechanic. I don't really like normal companions either but at least you can interact with humanoid companions and there might even be quests related to them. Animals on the other hand are like low effort henchmen that are only used to make the combat easier.

That horse's legs are all kinds of fucked up

This.

Perfect World
please no bully I played it when it was good

Seems about right.

Why is the horse carrying a woman with her tits out?
Why is the woman under the horse?

It is a cock sheath.

The mags in PSO were kind of fun. Random drops you can feed and turn in to various types with different models and attacks.