Why even have a rewards program if it's going to be this shitty?

Why even have a rewards program if it's going to be this shitty?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/A90Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=iTadxMf75As&list=PLC2x5lNg_Y5Pam_VMUEdhYWe-d_qVflOZ
supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1293_1o13.pdf
yhhyjj4.blogspot.com/………………………………………………….
yhhyjj4.blogspot.com/……………………………………………………………………..
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just once I'd like to see Nintendo launch something complete and interesting and innovative. How many years has it been since club nintendo was shut down? How is it taking so long to replace it?

Is it even worth restarting the nintendo power mag?

You don't like the Wii-U portable?

Because they have a fanbase that will defend them to the death and will jump through every hoop if nintendo puts it out.
archive.is/A90Bw

I hate Nintendo online services

I cant keep track and their OS's UI is slow clunky garbage

What? What in the world could this faggot be talking about?

Those ereaders?

Wii U Portable's pretty damned good hardware-wise ($300 MSRP is a pretty damned good price-point for how retardedly complex the thing is and being more powerful than a Wii U even in handheld mode), it just doesn't have the software to back it up at the moment and won't for a while yet. Its launch-year has a surprisingly strong line-up though and all the stuff they teased like a new Yoshi and a new Kirby means it'll get better.

GBA connectivity and the e-Reader, but the latter was a flop in the west explicitly because its changes didn't do jack shit (ie Mega Man Zero 3's changes amounted to "your saber does a tiny bit more damage" or a self-referential NPC popping up in the hub-level) and nobody was going for the buy-a-booster-pack-for-the-tiny-bit-of-dlc-you-want scheme. Amiibo are only popular because you get a mediocre figurine out of the deal, but otherwise its changes are typically on par with what the e-Reader did.

The point of any rewards program- anything from airplane miles to credit card points to Nintendo coins- is to encourage more purchases. Nintendo realized that offering valuable rewards isn't increasing purchases so they're offering crap now.

I don't even see why they had to get rid of the old rewards system, unless they hated the idea of giving away so much shit.

What a coincidence, I don't support any of the companies it listed, wonder what pathetic argument it could muster then.

maybe he just assumes that because nintendo has done nothing new for the past 30 odd years that they must've been doing this since at least the gamecube?

his mistake is not realising that nintendo does new shit every day. It's just that it's always something you don't want them to do. And it's never something that someone else hasn't allready done before.

But what happens when offering crap doesn't mean more sales?

That's your own fault goyim don't act entitled

what the fuck?

Are nintendrones just as bad as Scam Citizen "fans"

wait….what?

Prime Day, it's where tons of discounts are available but only to Amazon Prime users

Don't you know? If you have an Amazon Prime subscription every week has 8 days. It's how people can justify paying the money for it, they have a whole extra day every week to work to make the money for it.

The e-readers actually came with extra content, so it doesn't apply. Also, they flopped hard and that was a good sign (evne if the Mario Advance 4 e-reader levels were top tier)

here's the problem with that, right? The Wii U was on track after its first two sloppy years. Year 3 looked like it had a good 6 or 8 releases ahead of it. And it got it. Then by the end of that year the rumors started coming out about the brand new nintendo mainline console. People bought wii u's because 2014 started looking really good. 2015 seemed alright too with splatoon coming out, but when early 2015 had rumors about the new nintendo console everyone who bought wii u's was pissed off.

The Switch can have its solid line up for year 1, but what about year 2? 3? 4? will there be rumors for another nintendo platform by year 4? Yet another console with 20 games? Nintendo's been doing this shit since the n64 and it's been fucking garbage.

This took me a second, too. Allow me to translate from Retardese:

Amazon has "Amazon Prime" where if you pay them a hundred bucks a year you get (((free))) shipping, music, and movie streaming on the C-tier garbage.

It's actually worth it when they offer it for $50, if you hate going outside and would rather get toilet paper and batteries shipped, and when shit arrives late bitching to CS would always net me an extra month free - I got nearly an extra year out of it because USPS is clearly run by mongoloids.

They also have "Prime Day" which is when they offer random higher-proved bullshit (TVs and such) heavily discounted to Prime members only. If anything it's closer to a PS+ subscription offering discounted sales, but they're actually just clearing out slightly out-of-date models, so it's not quite a proper comparison anyway.

Best Buy having reward points and exclusive offers for Good Goys is actually a lot closer to Nintendo's shitty reward point system.

SEMEN DEMON

It was always shitty.

I hate this new generation.

I honestly don't see how anyone in MODERN ERA can justify giving Nintendo money given how utterly trash they are as a business. They shut down a customer rewards program that was already the worst example of its kind, shut down fangames that were trying to breathe a little life into a dead franchise.

Even without all the kikery their games are just mediocre nowadays and not at all worthy the 300 dollar down payment to play them.

Put it this way, Bioware only had a fraction of the fanbase nintendo has and you saw how well the biodrones fought for Bioware. It took them up until ME3 and the shitshow of an ending for them to start seeing cracks in the fanbase. You are that shocked that people will defend mediocrity so fervently when dealing with a larger fanbase?

Maybe its me but I want to pay money and get the product. I don't need a reward I'm not a fucking child.

Amazon Prime is retarded. Bezos may be God in America but were I live free next day delivery is standard. Not a miracle that I should pay money for. And Amazon isn't even the cheapest webshop around.

I don't think size has anything to do with it. Bioware mostly lost it's crowd because they weren't honestly all that interested in video games for very long, or even at all, to begin with, my proof being the fact that all of the praise of ME3's multiplayer amounting to jack shit in the long run. When you see people talk about Mass Effect on most sites they almost always throw around names, terminology and phrases that are shared with the kind of people who watched Star Trek or other various 90s or early 2000's scifi and fantasy television and they hardly ever talk about actual game mechanics. Compare that to your average Nintendo fan who's been playing this shit since they were in diapers and it's no wonder they still haven't kicked the addiction.

Sounds like bullshit user.

That's like saying the biodrones during ME2 were from the old guard that enjoy games like KotoR, Jade Empire, and the first Baulder's Gate. Those fans were pushed out a long time ago and we are seeing the tail end of this phase with the modern nintendo fan.

To skinner-box retards and take their money. Just spend several hundred dollars, goy, and you'll accumulate enough points to receive a worthless trinket or download for "free"

Oh boy, I can't wait to download wallpapers and badges.

Hey, it worked for Ubisoft! :^)

Given how I actually recognize one of these fags, he probably means Metroid Prime with the GBA cable and Fusion.

Nintendholm Syndrome.

Even modern Nintendo fans played Nintendo games when they were children because the Wii is over a decade old now.

At least back then the goyim told Nintendo to fuck off with that scam.

That's not how subscriptions work. You pay for subscriptions in advance and receive incentives for being a subscriber, such as early access to new services or discounts on future purchases, as incentive for you to keep paying for the service. Amiibo do no such thing

I see what he's trying to say and amiibos are not much better than subscriptions. At worst the amiibo is used to unlock one or two major things and skins in future games.

I love it when people argue like this.

True, but that fact is always ignored by competitors having "better hardware", without portability or modularity. HW-wise the systems are too different to really compare. But as you said, the games made all the difference in the world.

Why even have skinnerbox-gambling-mechanics in everything? The answer is profits and lack of regulation. For no apparent reason it is ok (but not legal) to sell s-g-m apps to minors. I have no idea how this shit has gone on so long. It's very unethical and sometimes pure evil.

I don't think anyone can really grasp Nintendo's horrifying transformation into Nutendo unless they grew up with the NES, SNES, or N64.

Kids who grew up playing the Wii are probably too young to get it and see nothing wrong with amiibos because they were born in an age of cancer.

Fucking this. It's like we are repeating a larger force of biodrones at times when they go full NDF. This hurts me even worse than usual because I enjoy old nintendo games and all I can do is see what they are becoming while the new fans cheer. I'm sure i'm not the only one here that feels this way because Nintnedo COULD slowly retract all of their bad decisions but instead they are doubling down on kike tier practcies.

Yeah it was, but as far as beginnings of the end go it was pretty sweet

But at least there wasn't any loading screens! The N64 was a lot of things but I wouldn't consider it "sweet".

That's why it's called the bling-tendo Bitch.

I remember when shitposters tried.

I thought this is why it's called the nintendo bitch.

If I see that fucking dog one more time…

You'll jack off?

Speaking of which, why do furries latch on to nintendo so badly?

because video games with furry animals made by better companies are/were too difficult for toddlers to play and enjoy.

What's even worse outside of Smash and Super Mario Maker most amiibo don't even have that much functionality (eg Little Mac, Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, etc shouldn't they get a Mario Kart Mii costume?) To few amiibo use the "write" memory functionality of the device and only for certain characters (Smash, Mario Tennis, Splatoon 2 loadouts?).

GBA connectivity was an interesting idea, but was overpriced (single function cable) and relied upon that idea that there was large overlap of GBA and GCN users (while 6:1 hardware wise, Nintendo apparently found out there wasn't much overlap). It provided some interesting multiplayer gameplay uses for Four Swords Adventures, FFCC, and Pac Man VS. While Animal Crossing had a large amount of strange uses for it, NES download play, pattern designer, Animal Island minigame.

e-Reader had potential for having DLC style content updates for GBA games (like SMB3 level packs) and even games like NES titles and the cancelled line up of "classic" and "color" version Game & Watch e-Reader games (which could be stored in the e-Reader's memory, but only one game) It's massive fault with the former content update idea was requiring two GBA systems (or GB Player), link cable and the required game to transfer the card data from e-Reader to game. Whoever thought that was a good idea, was a fucking idiot, there should have just been a GBA game pak slot in the e-Reader itself, while e-Reader could slot into the GBA.

Because Sega consoles are dead.

Maybe if you say it enough it'll be true.

Must be pretty nice to live in a nation you can drive across in the course of an afternoon. It takes days to span the US, user. People need to fucking remember just how fucking enormous the US is in relation to their shitty little eurofag nations. Just one state covers most of your shitty sub-continent.

It's nice to know that America could beat the entirety of western Europe combined if they ever fought. Honestly I have no respect for Europe, Canada or any other "Free" nation that doesn't actually have freedom of speech.

is that supposed to be a vag or a dick and balls.

I wonder if this will ever come back? I doubt it.

If Nintendo pulls through with the 1 platform idea then the Switch won't have the software problem for much longer, considering what we've heard and read with things like Kirby and Pokemon already heading towards that system it looks like it will be fixed sooner rather than later.

I wonder if third parties will actually give a fuck though, I don't see Phoenix Wright, or Professor Layton or any Level 5 games hitting Switch in the near future.

It wasn't just the announcement of a new system that killed the WiiU, but the poor adoption rate, Switch has neither of those problems.

"Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, including the freedom to seek, receive, and impart information and opinions of any kind in any form."

That's what it says in my country, do I get a pass?

The textures weren't muddy, themselves. It's just the full-screen antialiasing that is horrendous. Go play Gauntlet Legends with the Expansion Pak to see how good the N64 can look. At least the N64 has a floating point unit and can actually render textures and polygons properly.

I always wanted to visit, I have online friends there. Is it true you have more sheep than people?

Is that hard to believe, my countries population is less than 5 million people.

(checked)
Nintendo has a functioning N64 emulator. They can make an N64 mini, no problem. I just hope they'd consider releasing it with a different controller. The irony is that Rare actually has a much more robust method of N64 conversion than Nintendo.

I know Nintendo have an N64 emulator, the problem is that a large portion of their N64 library is now owned by Microsoft, you could fill it with games easily, but without those Rare games you are missing a lot. You can't release the N64 mini with a different controller, it's kind of iconic to the system, but you can probably get the Mini to use another controller. Rare probably kept their source code, I've noticed western studios are more likely to do this, Nintendo like Square-Enix probably threw that out the day they released the game.

I'd actually rather Nintendo just rebuild their N64 library and target them to APIs rather than hardware, make them more easily portable and keep the fucking source code, Here's a club Nintendo feature for you, have fans vote on what games make it to this service next.

This.
The Wii is floods of shovelware with a few first party titles every year, leading to a console alive for 8 years with only 30-40 games to recommend.

Out of those, most people will only ever care for 5-10.
That is insanity.

youtube.com/watch?v=iTadxMf75As&list=PLC2x5lNg_Y5Pam_VMUEdhYWe-d_qVflOZ
Here's a playlist of better shitposts. The Unlocalized one may or may not be mine.

E-Reader was a thousand times worse.
Amiibos can be used across multiple games and even when you aren't using them you still get a little figurine.
With e-reader the cards were all game specific and were just cards, nothing to display.
To make it worse they came in random card packs. Want that specific card? Buy card packs until you get it by random chance.

What is the cheapest webshop?

What's an s-g-m app?

Come back when you beat rice farmers or sand niggers.

My Nintendo IS the replacement, unfortunately.

Even canada has something similar stated in their constitution yet they consider hate speech a crime. The court cases about hate speech are what counts.

THE IN GAME UNLOCK KEY METHOD IS THE ONLY WAY IT CAN PHYSICALLY BE POSSIBLE, HOW CAN THEY THINK THE FORMER OPTION IS EVEN POSSIBLE? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Nintendrones deserve this ass ravaging even more than sonyniggers did when they did a 180 on paying for multiplayer.

This

At least you could excuse the Sony apologia thing as ex-Xbots jumping ship and poisoning the well. There's literally no way to defend what Nintendo is doing.

Why make a thread about it if you can't even be assed to explain how it works?

On-topic: Nintendo is shit, you're a dumbass fuckwad for even caring about this garbage. But, to be fair, they don't have to have any form of rewards program at all so what's the point in even complaining about meaningless free shit?

America is the only country that truly respects "free speech" at this point. What's disgusting is that in June of this god damned year the Supreme court had to re-affirm that "hate speech" is not a thing that can or should be legislated against nor should anyway ever be punished for it. Surely scumfuck libtards will keep trying.

supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1293_1o13.pdf

This deck of cards is going to be worth a fortune one day, as well as this fucking Game and Watch DS game

I bought a switch for splatoon 2 and mario odyssey.
I don't give a shit about any other game.
I don't give a shit about amiibos.
I don't give a shit about nintendo rewards.
I feel horrible for giving money to this company doing their best to ruin gaming and shit on my erroneous nostalgic perception of old Nintendo that I'm sure was doing simlilarly horrible shit I don't even know about.
I just love Splatoon so goddamn much why does it have to be ransomed to this shit company.
I deserve NTR.

You're the problem you fag. Stop giving them money.

And your proof nintendo controls the aftermarket is, where might I ask?
Just on principle this shit pisses me off

The video game audience has gotten a lot larger, and there are a lot more normalfags playing vidya these days. Casuals were a mistake.

He's right for entirely the wrong reasons.

More like 7 games owned by Microsoft.
Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day
Then with 3rd party licensing issues
Goldeneye 007 (most well known nostalgia/normal fag wise), Mickey Speedway USA (no one probably cares for this, but still made by Rare for N64).
Then Nintendo owned
Donkey Kong Country 64 (definite due to Wii U VC) and possibly Diddy Kong Racing.

If a N64 mini were to exist its game count will probably be close to 20 titles (like the SNES mini) which can be done with Nintendo games alone (exclude Mario Party 1 because of "control" issues and any 1st party licensed sport titles). And that's not counting games like Mischief Makers or Sin & Punishment or including stuff like the F-Zero Expansion Kit. Not too sure what other 3rd party N64 games could be added.

Did you lose the left half of your body in a horrible accident? Because you're completely right.

Feels good living in a bad goy state.

FUCK YOU $465 AUD IS NOT A GOOD PRICE POINT

Wait I thought that protest is still on going?

yhhyjj4.blogspot.com/………………………………………………….

yhhyjj4.blogspot.com/……………………………………………………………………..

Protip: move the fuck out to a real continent.

Even during its best years the Wii U sold like shit, don't pretend that it wasn't axed early because of bad sales.

Also, based on their announcements so far, I wouldn't be worried about software support by Nintendo for 2018.