What's Anti-Humanism?

I don't get it. Moreover, what's wrong with Humanism in the first place?

some edgy shit invented by a teenager.

Marx was "anti-humanist" to a degree. Rejection of an immutable human nature is pretty anti-humanist desu. Not sure about alienation though.

Rejection of any kind of fixed human nature or inner human essence.

Humanism is a secular religion and a lot of its core concepts come from religious belief (the human essence, for instance, is rather blatantly a secularized version of the soul)

Are you suggesting that the Peripatetics, Stoics,and Cynics are humanists?

Anti-humanism is reactionary. Thankfully, there's a cure: Bookchin

Its another "feel-good" field like what many philosophers propose.
It works if everyone gets along, is an expert and dumb masses don`t exist.
To actually get anything done you have to be willing to work with a lot of horrible ppl and make hard choices.

Humanism is dogshit

OP here. I've gotten fed up with the anti-universalist, anti-Enlightenment bias of many sections of "radical leftism" including but not limited to deep ecology. Bookchin sounds like someone I'd find interesting.

Humanism = "wow humans are so great, aren't we so great. we're special and different from all those animals. look at how beautiful our art is, how incredibly our bodies are"

Anti-humanism = "fuck that, we're just apes with overgrown brains. there's nothing special about us except maybe our unwarranted self importance"

stahp

the majority of the humanist thinkers/"""psychologists""" like Maslow that we saw in the 60's were pretty much regurgitating christian thought as some kind of secular philosophical project. if you read any of their ideas, they pretty quickly reveal their status as either vague platitudes or manifestations of capitalist "bootstraps" ideology

Read Stirner

Epicureanism is the true redpill

Close, but it's not quite at the same level of Cynicism/Stoicism.

Anti-Humanist doesn't necessarily mean misanthropic edgelord.

Holla Forums loves those so no

Holla Forums has no idea what they are, they just advocate for them because le redpilled manly emperor's philosophy. A true Cynic/Stoic can't be a Fascist, it's completely contradictory.

It's not, that's like saying a noble can't be a buddhist because buddhism has no conclusion of feudal hierarchy

A noble can't be a true Buddhist. Not only does it involve staying attached to and focused on materialism, it'd likely also necessitate oppressing others. They can identity with whatever philosophy they want, but you can't be called a follower if you don't follow it.

You know nothing about Buddhism, please don't spread misinformation. Anyone can be a Buddhist, a noble just can't be ordained.

Obviously there's not limitations on who can convert, I'm not saying that. I'm saying if you try to commit your life to the Dharma it'd be impossible to also be or stay a noble.

Marxism is humanist. Alienation, commodity fetishism, etc.

Species essence isn't human nature?

Evolution has nothing to do with it, we're talking about value here, not genetics. This has to do with metaphysics, not biology. Also read Stirner, humanism is a spook, human nature doesn't exist and cannot define The Unique One.

Humanism is just valuing of human life. It doesn't say anything about some special human nature. Anti-humanism is a dog whistle for being a mass murdering bastard.

Was is the key word.

Diogenes the Cynic is the best and you're a moron

Humanism believes that Humans have an inherent dignity that places us above animals. Basically, they want to keep the idea that Humans are God's special chosen ones without having to believe in a God.

Anti-Humanism argues that humans are fundamentally just another species of animal without any special dignity or rights. Anti-Humanism is the stronger position intellectually but Humanism is more appealing emotionally, so no surprise which one is more popular with normies.

Young Marx was humanist, but he became more Anti-Humanist in his later works with his rejection of human rights.

Exactly but how does human life have inherent value? Answer: it doesn't, rather it's the life of worthy individuals regardless of whether they are human or not that have value. A good dog or cat is superior to a bad human, for example.

Individual's will/consent is what should be valued, up until it violates another individual's will/consent.

>Anti-Humanism is a dog whistle for being a mass murdering bastard of non-humans.
FTFY.

Found the vegan

I'm not vegan regrettably.