ITT: post some worthwhile 'Hidden' Dungeon Crawler gems

ITT: post some worthwhile 'Hidden' Dungeon Crawler gems.
grimoire was not as i expected and now i want to have something to play that i didn't already played

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!FHhAlCyA!qI9hZMzE5PWony0r6CXlIVzbvcdLdm7NBqeU35hXqJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kek.

uhm, no? just looking what else is there.

yeah, sorry. Bully me. Just took some randome image from startpage.

What is this, a dungeon crawler for ants?

The Dark Spire, check out that.

ok, found the actually game, seems vita only

Dungeon Travelers 2 is pretty great

Most of the main story is pretty casual, but the difficulty spikes by the end. And there's a lot of customization for each class.

seconding this.

Nah it's also on pc, I can upload the ISO if you want?

Play Wizardry Empire 2, there is a fan translation available on rpgcodex.

What the fuck did you just say to me you little ?SAPE?

What's that jap dungeon crawler where you can import images as heroes? Someone made a Always Seinfeld in Philadelphia pack for it.

Stranger of Sword City?

Do it.

Does anyone know the name of the nip breast expansion game that got a few threads a bit ago? It was a dungeon crawler wasn't it?

Looks like it. Danke schön.

Omega Labyrinth.

Here you go: mega.nz/#!FHhAlCyA!qI9hZMzE5PWony0r6CXlIVzbvcdLdm7NBqeU35hXqJU

Thank you kindly

perfect. Thanks user.

Exp inc actually made a horror themed crawler.

i hope this is in english or at least there is a translation

Only first game of the series, generation xth code hazard, was translated to english.

This game looks like an ok crawler.

Obligatory Class of Heroes post.

huh I would actually be interested in playing that

cutest fantasy dwarfs around

Damn right they are.

Elminage Gothic is so fucking good, Dark Spire is also really nice. The sequel to Tale of the Forsaken Land is a lot better then the first one but sadly only in Japanese.

Oh, and Class of Heroes never get all that good the old Wizardry XTH games from before Michaelsoft folded were better.
sage for doublepost.

damn it, how long was i gone? Great game, very indepth. This eats time like hell. Thanks user.

Is first person action dungeon crawler allowed?
If so, Witchaven

itt: I can't play a blobber unless it has cute animu girls in it

It's not really that, it's just that the japs are the only ones who still make games of this genre, and they like to put animu grills in everything.

Is there any news of a translation?

Dungeons and darkness is a pretty ok first person dungeon crawler. Has anyone tried Crypt of the serpent king? How is that?

The latest western blobber I played was Star Crawlers and it was mediocre as fuck. There's Grimoire too but that thing is just Wizardry 7: Paid Mod Edition.

Is this some cold on the cob?

It's what rpgcodex calls them. It's spread to here through a french book of magic you can find by riding on turtles

bump

It ain't. It could have been if they hadn't made it procedurally generated.

What did you expect from it? I'm still trying to figure out why I kept seeing threads about it and why anyone gave a fuck about it. All I ever saw was "it's been in development a really long time", and that's it. Not even any hype around it.

It's pretty famous if only for the gamedev being notoriously, shall we say, eccentric. It's become a meme because almost nobody expected it to be released and some people believed it only existed in the head of the developer. That said I'm surprised a large portion of Holla Forums is pretending we've always discussed it here when I've never seen it spoken of before, I'm guessing the increasing cross-pollination with the codex is responsible.

Anyone who is disappointed with Grimoire has only themselves to blame; it's built off of Wiz7 and will play like it's built off of Wiz7. Any idiot who bought the game purely because it's a meme doesn't deserve a refund.

I got exactly what i wanted from grimoire. Currently the contender for GOTY.

Oh, so it's a bunch of featureless empty cooridors with nothing unique about it?

Yep.
Sometimes you have story missions that are handcrafted and those are completely a-okay, but the rest of the game is fuck.
There are also skill checks in some parts of the game but they're the worst I've ever seen since they don't show your chances and most of the time you're not even sure which of the three subclasses of the class works on what.
For example some computers are corrupted, you need an optimization hacker for them.
Some computers need to be hacked, so you need the malware hacker(I forgot the specific name for it). Thing is your skills differ based on your subclass so more often than not I ended up with the skills that appealed to me the most, but usually failed most skillchecks because fuck me for not knowing what requires what.

This game really doesn't look like it needs the grid movement at all.

Found the trans. on nicoblog. Thanks for recommendation.

is it japanese only?

Isn't this Operation Abyss? Kind of looks like it, then again ive seen several look alike dungeon crawlers, probably made from the same company

This is Meikyuu X-Blood the 4th game in the series of Which Operation Abyss is a remake of the first 2 (Generation Xth Code Hazard and Generation Xth code breaker) and Operation Babel is a remake of the 3rd (Generation Xth Code Realize)
I recommend playing the original first 2 games and the remakes of the 3rd if you are not eop since they nerfed the multiclassing to hell in Operation Abyss.

This series original art style surely got butchered.

Redesign bullshit doesn't stop there though. There's some censorship included, like for example redesign of this spider boob boss.

Yup, and the customizable character portraits and paper dolls were almost removed too.
I definitly prefer the old art style it had a better cyberpunky feel and the old Nono was a better tittymonster.

I never precived that as censorship, always just assumed the were pandering to the moe audience like with the rest of the changes in artstyle.

I still remember how exp inc tried to "moeficate" stranger of the sword city. Good riddance that shit was optional, at least that game's top tier art wasn't ruined.

That moefication was such a botchjob, at least on pc, with the moefiede art being upscaled and cropped in really lazy ways, but that was probably NISAs fault since the Japanese pc version only had the original artwork.

Read the thread nigger. Even just the post right above your own.