What if star citizen ends up coming out and it's really good and somehow works actually works?

What if star citizen ends up coming out and it's really good and somehow works actually works?
Would you play it?

Other urls found in this thread:

theendofzion.com/the-fecal-fixation-of-the-chosen-ones/
alpha-orbital.com/news/egosoft-answers-a-few-forum-questions-about-x4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think so, Chris.

Seriously, can we just have a legitimate discussion on this what if?
I'm actually curious about it

I know it's extremely unlikely, but it's still an interesting thought to have

Of course, why the fuck would I ever pass the opportunity to play the ultimate game? Of course all of that assuming it's good and come out and blah blah. It's like assuming Holla Forums is one person.

Wouldn't you?

Yes to both

Seeing as how I never spent any money on it, I don't really have any impotent tears of rage about the game. IF IT WERE ACTUALLY GOOD, then why not?

Yes, but that isn't going to happen. Instead you get birdshit.

Weirder things have happened

In that case, I just won't play it.

user, these aren't liru or even grimoire level odds we're talking about, this is "Podesta exposes the truth about pizzagate" tier odds

The game is a scam, if they had actually managed the budget and pulled an Ubisoft by outsourcing the work we would already have the game.

If it's quantifiable it's doable

yes

But very unlikely. I'd bet more money on a real ftl spaceship happening within the next 100 years than star citizen actually being fun.

No, cause even if the game is the most amazing game ever made it's community killed it.

That might just be the dumbest reason to dislike a game

did you seriously not understand the purpose of the thread? what's actually going to happen doesn't matter here

how are you going to compete with those who dumped their life savings into those expensive ships?

the free ships have to be shit to keep those idiots happy. It's going to turn into Star Trek Online only worse.

It's literally out of the question. There is not one timeline out of the infinite number that could exist in which the chucklefucks working on it produced a game worth playing.

What would make it really good is if you ponied up and paid to join the cult of star citizen early on. Otherwise you'll just be a low tier pleb while everyone else is doing epic space shit.
So no, I wouldn't play it, even if some said it was "Good".
Good thing this is a timeline where that game will never come out anyways.

I don't think the game is all PvP, is it?

theendofzion.com/the-fecal-fixation-of-the-chosen-ones/

If she is a beautiful goddess, well yeah, what about her piss?

That couldn't happen even if they had over 100 million dollars

Didn't they actually have 130 million or something?

Of course, anyone that says no is just memeing. I'm not going to to kickstart it though.

it won't matter, your going to be flying around in your slow weak poorfag shuttle box while those who dropped $20k are going to be sailing right by you in massive battleships. the devs will never release or work on ships you can earn in game, all time will be spent on releasing new paid ships and items to goy farm.

star trek online is mostly PvE, but for free you get like 5 underpowered ships, while there's 100 OP ships in the paid store that can only be bought, you can't grind into them (unless you want to spend 100000 hours gambling with lock boxes, and even then you have to buy keys).

If you want to play with others in PvE, your going to be the the one useless poorfag with their basic bitch ship surrounded by 10 others with sweet paid ships. It's designed to induce envy, and one of those days you'll either quit, or your credit card will come out.

Stop asking questions about bullshit that won’t happen. Live in reality.

150 Million shekels and then they went and got a bank loan of 60 million dollary-doos and the game as collateral if they can't pay back.

Of course.

Its just never coming out.

I would be extremely surprised.
Of course.
Doesn't mean I'm gonna spend $2000 pre-ordering it.
If I buy game I buy them finish and either reviewed by someone that has similar tastes or I have pirated it before and found it good.

So far Shekel Citizen is a near cult-type scamming scheme.

Sage for topic beaten to death.

ohh no no no there are happenings afoot.

Never Ever

Spotted the furfag.

Nothing is impossible, user.

Nice MB
What brand/model?

No because the community is one of the worst ones out there and I dont want to interact with furry squeakers.

The day that happens is the day OP stops sucking cock.

15k for a completionist pack of jpegs that doesn't even include every single ship is the single best scam I've seen from a video game.

What if jews were white?

Jelly that the ship has sailed and now its too late to get backers rewards?

reminder that half of that community is a mix of goons, redditors and furry shitposters from Holla Forums

saging for unrelated to the topic.

Remind me what the backer "rewards" are, user.

Then people will buy it and play it. Same as always.

Fuck off preorder fags.

Even if they achieve everything they want to the game will still be boring as fuck.

kekd

That's pretty retarded. Whales can't carry a game. Back to business school Jew kun.

What makes you say that? Whales have carried a lot of games, you could argue they couldnt carry a game like this but to say whales cant carry games is objectively wrong

I'm going to do like everyone else who isn't an absolute retard and didn't put money in this

So all of Holla Forums is kikes just because anons like to call games shit?

Thansk for the link, here's a hilarious blog of Jew with ass cancer.
howardsbutt.dumblrgivesyouasscancer.com/post/348164952/how-i-found-out-i-had-cancer

Oh it will come out alright, only with a fraction of what was initially promised, goons and retards will shit the entire internet for days claiming they were right all along, Chris will say they will be slowly adding more features while pumping out more and more disguised p2w, and everybody will love it and they will make him their new Todd.

That`s assuming Chris is smart by the way, nobody really knows where all that money went and how much they still need, maybe he will just run with the money, at that point I want to see some mass suicides and at least one murder attempt

As it stands right now, there is not a single ship, vehicle or equipment of any kind that is supposed to be only purchasable by real world money. They explicitly stated many times that it would stay this way, that no ships would be locked behind a paywall.
Of course, it's possible that they'll eventually go back on this and add cash-shop-only ships, but that is speculation, as far as I know, not even cosmetics exist that are supposed to be buy-only aside from limited distribution extras, i.e. you'd get a towel decor item in your hangar for buying the game before a certain time.
Also, the game will have a PvP-PvE slider, you can choose to only encounter AI ships barring specific circumstances (like having a bounty on your head).

On the scale of player organizations, buyfags will definitely have an advantage in the beginning, since your main competition are other organizations which may or may not have more big, expensive ships to start off with, whereas you'll have to play a couple dozen hours to afford a medium-sized ship.

I think a lot of whales did carry this game but its hard to see many more taking out loans to buy jpegs after all the delays and uncertainty.

No.

Doesnt the bank know? I know jack shit about taking loans from the bank as a business but wouldnt the bank want to at least take a look at the books before they loan out money?

They also said the game was going to be completed by now. As it stands Roberts has lied about every aspect of the game, he even betrayed the original pitch of the game to pursue his TORtanic.

holy shit, those squeaks…they are actually words

They said Squadron 42 would have drop in and out co-op which they quietly scrapped.

yes

Just imagine, user, sharing instance after instance with goons, redditors and furries and every other cuck that threw all his life's savings to buy ship jpegs so he could be the (virtual) bully for once in his sad life. Even if by some miracle it comes out it will have the most vile and disgusting community of any game.

I don't think they want the nose to poke the users in the face while playing. For example, while the game is in development you obviously can't earn the ingame shekels to buy the jaypegs without using real world cash, so people had to buy the ships if they wanted to fly them in AC, which was probably something a lot of people did, as many in the fanbase are very impulsive people that just can't deal with waiting, they must get access to the shit they want right away. Despite this, they eventually introduced the current ingame cash system that allows you to unlock ships for a pretty generous amount of time with money you earn by playing AC.

no lol

Best case scenario for Star Citizen, realistically speaking, is that they release the game and it's partially playable and works some of the time. Even then, they've already made it clear that the game will NOT be as advertised. It will be micro-servers of 25 or so people cloistered in one hugely endless procedurally generated mess of a universe. It will not be a massive, living digital galaxy where there are all kinds of ships and players flying around at all times, living a second life in this wondrous false reality, where they sit on the bridges of their ships, barking orders at other players as they all collectively pilot a ship in a semi-realistic way…

It's going to be like a sort of mini-game collection, where you can poof around a small sandbox doing some mediocre FPS stuff, some mediocre space dogfights, some mediocre walking around on planets.. and that's it.

Right now, and I'm not trying to be funny here, No Man's Sky has a better chance of becoming a great game due to constant updates, than Star Citizen has of keeping good on its laundry list of promises.

I like how so many people here can't engage a fucking hypothetical situation an instead default to >it won't happen

If No mans sky put in interesting enemies and weapons and made combat fun the game could go from shit to ok very quickly

sure, good games are good games.

Asking
Is like asking

It's a hypothetical scenario so far from the reality of the situation that it may as well not be discussed. If it turns out the whole thing wasn't a scam and somehow Chris Roberts and his talentless crew of overbloated tech demo-producing faggots put out the bastard lovechild of Second Life and EVE Online, then some people might play it. Most of us who watched this shit from the start, would know better than to give Roberts money after he burned through hundreds of millions of dollars and got people to take out second mortgages on their homes just so they could buy jpegs.

Well this entire thread is all based on a yes or no question, which means all discussion will be shallow and meaningless anyway. Did you really want a thread of (1) anons posting "yes" or "no"?

Not for CWC, not anymore.

THIS IS WHAT CROWDFUNDING LOOKS LIKE

Where were you when getting a refund on a video game made you the equivalent to Hitler?

Praying that Hitler would come back so we can gas every redditor.

No, there are some neat things, but I was only interested in the single player. Which is apparently dead in the water.

Patiently waiting for this to become the next Jonestown.

I was excited when I saw the trailer some years ago, but I never funded their kickstarter or bought anything. I would probably play it for a bit and go back to playing X since what the development and the fans seem to be interested in is a rare, but pointless level of detail and gimmicks that don't majorly affect gameplay.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU POST THIS IMAGE

Like grimoire did? Yeah I'd totally play it, but it won't come out so….

user, by now you should have learned we spoil things for a reason. The topic of discussion and the CWC in the filename should have been warning enough. Do you dare open this one?

That's why I hate myself. I can't resist a spoiler.

You might as well cut a hole in your leg and tell people to fuck that because this is on the same level.

Why did I open that. Why did I read the whole thing. I have no one to blame but myself.

I saw this scrolling page 1, just coming into this thread to call you an absolute fucker

Don't suppose you could post more?

What a casual

Come on it wasn't even that bad.

It's funny how you do the same shit that he just fucking did.
Jump to conclusions.

All you had to do was not reply

jesus fuckin' christ whats wrong with people

Every day I learn to appreciate death a little more.

Thank you!

I always aim to please.

That looks like a raw Cornish Pasty grafted onto a clitoris.

Why would anyone cry when niggers do stupid shit?

Is this supposed to be a penis?

If they actually finish that autistic clusterfuck it'll be a good game

They will never actually finish that autistic clusterfuck

Feminine penis!

I guess.

what if the project wasn't led by a known overshooter and ideas guy and instead had someone competent in the lead?

Wishful thinking is only healthy in limited amounts.

Then they'd have done things intelligently, made the single player module first so they could put all the core gameplay mechanics in place, likely added some sort of multiplayer on top of that to use it as a testbed for the netcode and synchronization and after that started working on the MMO crapshot. But nope, Roberts is a fucking idiot and decided he was going to make four games at once.

the existence of jews is solid proof there is no god

Jews killed god's son, he became mad with grief and committed suicide.

Roberts did this once before with Freelancer, but this time they don't have Microsoft to hammer some order into that trainwreck. People knew what kind of irresponsible hack Roberts is, and they gave him millions of dollars.

They do have the bank, however, and we all know they'll seize all assets when the funds run dry, find some cheap developer to cobble together whatever was completed and ship that out, just like MS did with Freelancer.

this logic is stupid, because none of us invested into the game we have nothing to loose, if the games good, then its a good game. If we put money into it and it turns out bad, we then proceed to kill ourselves.

We have nothing to loose, they have EVERYTHINGGGG to loose.

TLDR: me as to WHAT exactly is Star Citizen supposed to be?
A space flight sim or what?

Regards:never been interested in it because:

Multiplayer Wingcommander Privateer/Freelancer. The problem is that they wanted to add Planet and Ship walking and nearly every game that does that usually fucks it up.

Uogh fuck, looking at these shit makes me appreciate my dick more and more, thank god for that. Now let's post some boner inducing pictures to heal that mental trauma of watching delirious people mutilating themselves.

Wow that's almost NMS-tier lie right there there

user i feel you. Personally i feel like the single player campaign could be the saving grace of the game and if pulled off right, otherwise we'll see 1929's stock market styled window jumping. FYI i actually want to the game to succeed.

Sorry user, but there will be no useful discussion of the game on Holla Forums until it comes out, btfos the board and they all pretend they liked it right from the get go.

I hope you're enjoying your jpeg.
We could discuss what's in the game but their own backer community doesn't even stick around to play it as it's not fun. Last time I played a free weekend, there was less to the dogfighting than in the original Wing Commander. And the FPS part (Star Marine) is so bad that most people don't even realize it's now playable as the community just doesn't talk about it.
It will either surpass Tortanic or they'll keep it in development forever until the community fades away quietly.

I think everyone was just paying in so they could get a spaceship sim shooter game. A fair chunk of backers are dismayed about all the bullcrap that's being added which is delaying and diluting the original vision of the game. I mean look at EVE online, people wanted to walk around in stations with an avatar, I remember looking forward to it. It arrived with a huge injection of disappointment, you spent ages making a cool looking avatar, then you realise you can only walk around a cabin in the station about the size of one bedroom flat. You could them buy (for real money) a new type of ingame currency to spend on clothes. That was it, no idea if they ever added anymore locations to walk about in as I stopped playing a few years back. The entire 60 man corp I was in ticked the option to not even load the dumb resource hungry, worthless avatar and cabin part of the game in after seeing it for about 5 minutes.
Now Chris roberts is adding a level of pointlessness to the game on a scope I could never have imagined, I wanted to fly ships about and shoot other players/AI with maybe some little bit of trade in. But now, if it ever gets to a playable game, I'll have to spend what looks like hours running about huge space cities and stations looking for NPC's to talk to to simply get a bullshit cargo mission or something.
Personally I think all hope of a fun game being released is long gone.
And inB4 some mysterious virus, hacker or physical fault destroys 'year's worth of work and all the backups', seriously, I can see it happening, they will get closer and closer to release, showing more and more awe inspiring tech demos but at the last minute some vague made up catastrophe will set them back years.

I doubt the whales are ever going to fade away, and a fair % of the over 1mill backers (donators/suckers/saps) won't go without kicking up a stink. I bought the cheapest possible pack way back when the game had a very realistic chance of coming out in 2015, now with the massive unwanted additions I've written the money off and look forward to the salt planet and lulz the inevitable backlash will bring. Just wish I'd saved my money for popcorn.
As for answering the OP, the company has expanded to quickly under the management of a man with no idea of the costs involved in such a huge (and growing) project, he's apparently an autistic level perfectionist (time and money waster), which on it's own is a bad thing, but when you add in his narcissism and lack of financial management background you are looking at the next Theranos or No mans sky. Seriously, those fancy looking planets will be devoid of anything to do, the only content will be painfully boring driving missions with some fps thrown in as annoying missions to progress to the next ship you want.

kek a retard is born every minute.
How much citizen?

this version here has more stuff

All I feel is pity.

Yeah. Fuck it, I'd play it.
IF if actually comes out.
IF it's actually everything Chris Roberts ever so much as insinuated it would be.
IF it's actually somehow really fun and not a horrible clusterfuck of cobbled-together feature bloat?
Yeah, I'd be retarded not to play it in that case. What the fuck is wrong with you? If a vidya is good, then play that vidya - pretty simple maths.

It's not going to happen, of course, because the hypothetical you're spinning is well beyond the realm of reality. But of course, you already knew that.

No, because in that timeline I would be able to do whatever I want with the billions of dollars at my disposal.

Can someone post a fully healed version? Trannies never post shit, I assume because of shame and regret.

Because they actively keep it from fully healing by shoving dildos in it

No, I mean a trans 'penis', I've never seen one before.

that because they are nightmares of flesh tubes wrapped together from another part of the body.
I suspect the long term failure rate is 100% is why you never see a 'trans' penis.

What I would really like is a proper X4 game, but have it use the space engine for generating solar systems, and have multiplayer like that Oblivion server we got going..

Wil never happen. X4 is X Rebirth 2 and they've said on the egosoft forums that it will still have space highways.

Sure thing homeboy.

Sup, faggot. Maybe you should have checked the forums as they've been talking about X4 for more than a year with the community and we've already had several Q&As.
alpha-orbital.com/news/egosoft-answers-a-few-forum-questions-about-x4
I hope you liked the HoL DLC. You know, that one where the entire sector was a circular shopping mall.

Daily reminder that if you ever see a game concept this ambitious on kickstarter and funded it, you deserve to die of cancer.
Game projects like this will either take centuries or die in development.

talking about shill citizen man

But…. what if??

yes, it's the only promising game