DDDA General

DDDA General
frying into free - edition

wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
100% Completion guide: pastebin.com/0xSikbxq

Post yer pawn here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit#gid=0

Good mods
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/378/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/7/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/108/?
mega.nz/#!ThVyiJBL!Uy2cpiMpl5l60Y6cpFEd0GmPr3r9Kp3T_VUvoZSEyRA
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/46/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/95/?

FAQ
Dragon's Dogma is an action RPG made by Crapcom with super fun combat, comfy fantasy aesthetics, very good character customization, and [TECHNOLOGY]

You can either pirate it or buy it on GOG. You will not be able to share pawns (AI dudes that you create) with people online if you pirate it or don't use GOG galaxy. You can also buy it on Steam but

1. Do not play on hard mode, it was added as a way to make NG+ appropriately challenging and it will actually make the base game easier but more frustrating since you will be 1-shotted a lot but will get many instaheals from leveling up twice as fast and can buy super fancy weapons with the bloated gold drops.
2. Make sure your pawn doesn't have the guardian, nexus, or acquisitor inclinations. Guardian makes them stick to you 24/7 no matter what and barely do anything, nexus makes them drop whatever they're doing to carry other pawns to you, and acquisitor makes them into a greedy hook-nosed grabbler that will go look for items on the ground in the middle of combat
3. Don't go to Bitterblack Isle until you have beaten the game, and if you just killed the Dragon then you haven't beaten it yet so keep going.
4. Those shitty notice board quests like "kill 10 goblins" are not something you should focus on, you'll be killing plenty of mooks anyways on the actual quests so just accept them and play as you normally would
5. Explore, you don't have to focus on quests to play the game effectively. Running around the overworld killing mooks and finding shit can level up your vocations much faster than quests and you will find some helpful gear (if you do this in the early game at least). The overworld is full of shit like "that cave behind the waterfall with a treasure chest in it" and after hundreds of hours I still occasionally find new things.
6. If you make a loli pawn prepare to be bullied (especially if she's a mage)

ghostbin for the general - ghostbin.com/paste/5876n

Shit game

Well that's depressing

That got my attention

Noice.
DD is the only game where I'd love to see level scaling on hard difficulty instead of ez exp and gold.

Every day, I find more reason to put my neck into the loop.

Oh shit, do you guys still use that pawn spreadsheet? I used to manage it (and added the on-edit updating timestamps). It's been a whole year. If there's any problems with it, someone can just clone it and take it from there.

This game is great. Why is it not more well known?

Might be a good thing but it also means it would be less likely to get a proper sequel.

Also interesting to see Capcom go the Todd route.

But the Japanese VO is the localization.

You know the voice acting and writing is good when you don't recognize Yuri Lowenthal

He was in DD?

It's fairly well known, it's just old. The PC version has been out for a few years and the console version was several years old at the time of the PC port's release on a previous generation of consoles.

The biggest crime here is that Capcom has a really strong IP that could be used to rip open Bethesda's chest cavity and then devour it's still-beating heart… If they actually went ahead and made the full game that DD was originally intended to be. We should have had an actual, non-MMO sequel by now, but we don't.

Yeah, it's sad.

I think it's very clear by now that Capcom has absolutely no connection to the consumer whatsoever and isn't even smart enough to take advantage of what they want.

I did notice him voicing a few minor characters like guards and such and it seemed like they actually put effort into him speaking differently.

That's all nice and good but am I supposed to know who that is?

Now I gotta do it on PC

You don't wanna

I hate this, why can't companies do things right?

What class pawns get hired the most?
Which ones are the most useful?

Also rate my Gobbo pawn

This fucking meme will never stop making me mad. Gold in the game is fucking useless: restorative items are first very cheap and second, you can't carry many anyway because muh realistic weight limits. All equipment in shops is not only a piece of shit ALWAYS surpassed by rewards and shit you find in chests, but you can also simply sell the shit you find and can't use and you will get more than enough money to buy that vendor trash if you really want to.
You do get twice the experience, that is true, but considering every fucking scrub is going to one- or two-shot you anyway it isn't that much of an advantage, and I guarantee even with extra levels the combat is more dangerous.
I have gone through the game several times Solo Assassin, on both difficulties, and Hard is definitely, well, harder, specially at the start, but it still gives you a more painful time than Normal later on.

need to see how short and stacked she is

Post characters

Make a female mage/sorcerer and watch the fireworks

Which user had the Big Boss character?