Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2017/07/26/design-a-weapon-for-monster-hunter-world
anonvote.com/poll/r584226bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

First for
The honhongol hordes are coming.

How can Nintendo even compete?

Obligatory weapons gameplay.

What about this is the "Best looking MH ever" pray tell?

"Best looking" is objectively correct.

Again, how is it the best looking when it's the worst looking to date?

I'm talking about graphics, which I assume
is doing, too.
If world doesn't look better than 400 x 240 3DS graphics to you, then I don't know what to say.

Even in terms of graphics, the screen is covered in glowy crap from the Shirubemushi half the time, it looks hideous.

I thought the PC masterrace image was obvious that it refer to the graphic but apparently not to some peoples

Wanna get into Monhun, should I play Gen/XX or should I just stick with 4U?

I only know that the PC folks are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome so they think it'll be good just for being on their platform of choice.

Start with 2nd G on the PSP, then 3G and 4G on 3DS.

That's an over exaggeration and even if it's true it still looks way better than any of the other games also it'll run at a smooth 60 fps and I really hope it'll go up to 144 like the DD port

Who said it'll be a good game just because it's on PC?
It being on PC is better than any other platform because
>my hands won't feel bad from how tiny the 3ds is

Even if the game isn't good, a mod can make it good by adding or removing any features you want

Someone whip up a new bingo chart.

Just play 3 ultimate on 3ds or wii u and call it a day. Its all downhill from there.

Considering the graphics are so bad they needed to put glowy shit so you know what elements are supposed to catch your eye, I sincerely doubt that.

I really don't get why people care about this so much. 4G does look smoother and nicer than X/XX, for sure, but it's not really something you notice too much when you're actually playing the game. The only time I've seen FPS bad enough to matter that I can think of was in Code of Princess.

I take it you weren't around for a lot of the threads closer to the initial announcement. Tons of people were proclaiming just that.

Are you seriously implying the 3DS isn't the motherlode for piracy at the moment?

Again, rarely any issue, and to date has never been a problem in MonHun to my knowledge.

What?

Are you the guy they designed the original Xbox controller for or something? I don't get why people complain about the 3DS's size, even if you don't have the LL, the original isn't that different in dimension from, say, a Famicom controller.

What's a mod in this context?

You mean downhill from 4U, the one he's currently playing, or downhill from 3U? In that case I disagree.

Yeah the mantle system really does look fucking baffling to me how do they do so much. Are they removing the armour skill system or something or toning it down so a full set only gives you at most 1 skill? Or are the mantles limited in some way so you can use them constantly or they have limited uses before breaking or some shit?

I thought the summoning thing was stupid too at first but after thinking about I don't think it really matters. People who want to solo are going to solo regardless. All the flare system does is allow you to start a hunt before the room is full and then let people come in later, it will just reduce wait times.

From what I have heard they are replacing talismans. I think its just rumours though and its not official.

Sounds like they are trying to appeal to MSGV fanbase
Now we wait for them to fire Ryozo before release and we can be complete

Are you trying to say thats a bad thing? That game was severely incomplete but it still managed to be fun though.

MGSV + Monhun sounds incredibly arousing, too bad Konami went down the shitter.

Not really, the PS4 is slowly starting to build up steam, and I'm sure pretty soon it'll be worth getting. If World looked to be any good, I'd pick up a PS4 for it no questions asked, but as is I don't see it being worth getting at all.

Considering they've outright said they're making World to appeal to foreigners who thought MonHun was too hard and required too much strategy, I highly doubt they'll be rebalancing it like that rather than just throwing super items in for the casuals.

In practical terms yes, but it still speaks volumes to the mindset of dumbing down that pervades this title.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until I hear Tsujimoto or Fujioka say that before I believe it.

It'd be a bad thing for people who want to play Monster Hunter instead of Metal Gear.

Its still monter hunter, just play it like monster hunter. Thats what im going to do.

Sneaking around looks like a pointless mechanic tbh, it would only make sense if the small monsters are a threat, but in some of the gameplay the hunter killed them in literally one hit. You wouldnt even be able to do it against large monsters due to them being able to smell you.

If I ever end up playing it that's what I'd do, but that's hardly an excuse for it - you wouldn't excuse Cross's changes that way, would you?

In one of the trailers the announcer said something about using the ghillie mantle to enter stealth and lose the monster's aggro even in the middle of combat. The player attempted to do so, but tried to put it on while Anjanath was already in the middle of an attack animation, so he got knocked out of the mantle before we could actually see how it works.

We don't even know if it'll have mod support yet, and as far as I know there has been no implication at all from any of the devs that it will.

A mod is a fan-made patch or set of content that changes a game in some way. Think of something like what people do for The Elder Scrolls, or STALKER.

Not familiar with either of those things, but I guess something like those old custom Mario levels people used to make, like the ones used in Auto-Mario videos and the like?

fucking console pleb

PC version is foreign only, it's PS4 exclusive here

That's probably because you've never played vidya on PC. The difference between 30 and 60 fps is huge to me and the difference between 60 and 144 is about as big. 144hz monitors make everything really fucking smooth and great looking.

I only remember people being excited that it's on PC and shitposting, but that might be selective memory.

Well, sure, but you can't pirate on PS4/Xboner is what I was talking about.

3U on the wiiu has atrocious framerate, going into the low 20s in certain areas. X/XX are straight up capped at 30, which makes the games quite a bit less fun to play to me I havn't played either and probably won't anyways.

I play on the XL and have small babby hands, yet they still start cramping up after like 30 minutes of play. Maybe the difference between a famicon controller and the 3ds is that I don't have to hold the famicon controller in front of my face while playing, I honestly have no clue. Then again I havn't played using a faicon controller in probably 15 years, so maybe that'd hurt my hands now, too.

Dragon's Dogma and MHW both use MS Framework and DD didn't have any official mod support either, but there's still some minor mods for it. Nothing major, but at least some QOL/stat changes/texture changes/shaders/nude mods.

It's more like the stuff I listed above in this context, but all of this is just me speculating anyways so it's not really valid.

They'll probably release it on nip steam at some point and if they don't pirate it/VPN up and make an EU/US Steam account to buy it. but since you're a jap you probably don't have a PC that could run vidya anyways

A bit, some oddball doujin games here and there, and of course emulation of Famicom and the like. Didn't seem particularly special really.

To my understanding, that's the difference between 4G and X on the N3DS? I noticed it, but it didn't impair the game in the slightest.

Fair enough, just was comparing it to the system it just moved from.

Did you play the demo then? I'm confused by this otherwise.

Shit man, I don't know what to tell you, I play for hours at a time without any problems.

No idea what any of it is though.

No idea what that is, but the last thing I want to do is encourage Capcom or anyone else to keep marketing things to the West, considering what that tends to entail.

I play alot of online shooters, so my sensitivity to this stuff probably comes from there. It really depends on the genre you're playing, so for most doujin games it won't make a big difference at all, while playing a first person shooter with a mouse makes the difference hueg. Generally anything where you have to look around a lot and swing the camera quickly it's pretty noticeable.

No, I was playing other stuff at the time and styles/hunter arts look really stupid.
Should have probably said
my bad.
Maybe I'll get XX at some point, but I'm playing 3U on a new savefile right now.

fug, mean to reply to

I'm gonna be sick. Also why the fuck won't they show female players?

Yeah, I don't do online stuff, and it's been a long time since I played Gradius or Thunder Force, so I'd have to go back and compare original hardware to the emulated versions I guess. Again though, it's definitely noticeable between 4G and X, but it doesn't really have any impact on the game itself, so it's just not a big deal to me.

Hunting Styles are fun to try out just for the newness of them at first, and in another game they might actually be really good. They're not what I want Monster Hunter to be though. Hunting Skills I just don't like at all.

No worries, we all misspeak at times.

It's on FreeShop, so at least you won't have to spend money on it. I think it's worth putting up with for the Shitennou monsters and Atral Ka, but it's not as good as previous entries.

where?

Stick with 4U.

I might play XX after I'm done with 3U. I'm 1 key quest off of GR, so it'll probably not be that much longer, unless I'm shit at the game and get destroyed in GR. I don't really remmeber how hard GR in 3rd gen was.

Right there in the video title.

hello Makoto, still buthurt i see.

I think you might be mistaking me for someone else? Butthurt over what?

Over the best mainline MH game not being on Nintendo shitty console

its for literal classification, you are not locked to a "class" of weapons

Again, I'm not a platform loyalist. If I thought World would be any good, I'd be fine with getting a PS4 or playing it on the PC or whatever. So far I've seen absolutely nothing that makes World look remotely appealing to me.

Here we go!

You mean MHXX?

The Cross games were bad. World looks worse.

I fail to see how any of that is an "improvement."

How do you feel about the mantles? You know, the items which give you the effect of about 4 armor skills at once, which have a cooldown so you can use them multiple times in a quest, and which can be cycled through from your item box at base camp so you can always have one active?

Has there been any gameplay where they cycled through mantles?

No, but luckily I can put two and two together to come to that conclusion.

So how do you know the cooldown isn't universal between mantles?

To clarify: If you're specifically asking if there's gameplay footage where a hunter put one mantle they'd used in the item box and took out a new one, then yes. If you mean "is there gameplay of someone using the cheese method you detailed", no.

Because there is gameplay footage where a mantle was used while another one had been cooling down.

Yep, all those are improvement unless you like shit control and instead of just whacking monster to death, you can now be creative and use stealth and environment to your advantage. Enemies have better AI and its own hierarchy and foodchain, drop in and out multiplayer so no more waiting for a full lobby, combat animation improvement. It looks 1000x better than MHXX or any MH games for that matter

Well, thats what I was asking. I really didn't pay too much attention to the whole gear swapping.
It could still not be worth fast raveling back to camp to cycle through them, since you have to walk all the way back to the monster and the maps seem pretty huge. Or they could just change the cooldown to be universal, as it should be.

Maybe mantles get reduced effects/don't work in HR+, maybe armor skills were nerfed to compensate for them.
There's probably 50 other ways they could be implemented in a balanced fashion without making the game piss easy, so there really isn't enough information on them for me to be mad about them yet.

If I complained about a hypothetical extra-broken version of mantles being in the game, user, then you would dismiss me for talking about things that are not in the footage they've shown us, and even if you didn't, you could reasonably do so. In the same token, you cannot dismiss the issues that I'm bringing up with the mantles by assuming that Capcom are going to make changes to how they work. Can you defend mantles in their current state, rather than a hypothetical balanced state that exists in your head?

you mean the ghillie suit which hide you or attract the monster? What's wrong with it? It add more to the strategy. I thought oldschool MH player were smart but apparently they only know hit>hit>dodge>hit>hit>dodge, wow what a cool gameplay mechanic, soo hardcore.

Nice dubs, but don't you have something better to do than ignore nine tenths of my post and then say dumb shit?

Because all your post are baseless assumption. There are only 2 mantle shown in the gameplay footage and they said it in E3 that the effect are limited, you can't use the ghillie suit and be invisible forever

only for 60 seconds, every 240 seconds!
It's totally different!

Everything I've said is backed up in the gameplay footage that's been shown. Your new tactic seems to be lying - "there are only 2 mantle shown in the gameplay footage" simply isn't true. Is your reply going to be a variation of "no u", or are you going to provide some supporting evidence?

give example of wind resistance mantle

the rocksteady mantle gives windproof (hi)

I didn't do that at all. We just don't know what the current state is. I wasn't talking about changes capcom could make, I was talking about mechanics that could already be in the game, but wehavn't seen yet. We don't even know how the nu skill system works.
It just seems pointless to be mad about something that we barely know anything about.
Unless I missunderstood you and you're talking about the mantle cycling, then yeah that's gay and should be removed.

Drinking them now is a gradual process. If you start chugging and get hit right after you probably lose the entire potion which is rather punishing. So that's at least a downside that makes them somewhat riskier to use.

Is it really hi? I thought rocksteady only gave lo?

Mantles are a terrible, terrible idea. They're a generalized version of wystones from MH4, and everybody fucking hated wystones too.

yeah rocksteady mantle gives
Windproof Hi, Quakeproof Hi, HG earplugs, Rocksteady and reduces damage taken for 60 seconds

I agree that it would be pointless to be mad about something we know nothing about - which is instead why I'm mad about the few salient, confirmed facts that the footage has shown.

Overexageration seems like a theme for nintendrone in this thread. Despite MHXX being shit it still being shill on every general. A mainline game that isn't on nintendo console suddenly shit compare to the rest.

HOLY SHIT
New Khezu subspecies confirmed for World, spoilered pic for those who want it to be a surprise at launch..

someone made this

Since you're reaching for names instead of actually having a reply to the facts, I'll assume you've admitted defeat.

Let me guess, could it be the games of thrones spoiler or something?
Let me know if i got it.

Dont you remember? Every MH game after 2nd gen needs its own shitty gimmick such as

But besides those shitty mechanics no one will never use again, other ones managed to add something cool and new to the franchise.

Stop user, you already fucked it up.

I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that exists, or that there's at least 592 pictures in that series

The only MonHun I didn't like the control on was the original on PS2 with the stick to attack.

Except I don't want a game that lets you win without putting you in any danger, I want Monster Hunter.

All they've said is that they have different AI, we won't know if it's "better" until after the game's actually out. Nothing shown so far indicates it's "better."

Who cares?

No it doesn't.

True, but considering they've outright stated that World is being built from the ground up to appeal to people who hate difficulty and want things to be piss easy, I think you can understand why many of us are seeing it in the more negative light.

The original skill it's based on from the real games only gave the lower tier. The description we've seen of the World version suggests the high-tier version.

So, you don't even play the games then? I don't even play them in English and I can guess what skill they're referring to from the nomenclature alone.

The fuck are you talking about? People hate the Cross games.

Has nothing to do with console wars, people still praise 2G and Portable 3rd all the time. If anything, that mindset seems to be what's making so many people defend World, since the foreigners are getting a PC version.

I know it's always hard to be self-critical when one is in so deep, but I just wanted to politely let you know that you're about ten times worse than the fags who think yeb can still make a comeback.

But it is. It started off just living with ports of Vita and PS3 games, and is finally starting to get more developers making games that are just for it. Still not a ton, but it's building up, and it's very likely that the next SRW OG will be PS4 exclusive, which will likely be what makes it.

Fuck off nigger

So basically you're hating it because you heard the word "west" and automatically decided that it will be shit?
You are not even waiting for a demo or anything, you think the game is complete shit on your projections, you don't even know how the changes are balanced with the new mechanics.
Stop being so bitter JapBoy, at least wait for real hands on information before you shitpost like that.

Dauntless seems to be more your speed, my friend.

No, Capcom finally put "hunt" in monster hunter, if you want whack,whack,dodge gameplay, go play something else.

Tbh i would probably play a bit of Dauntless to pass the time until MHW comes out.

That shits free mate.

More like Huntington's disease.

I don't want mechanics that fly in the face of everything a decade long series has been defined by, no. If you don't want to play Monster Hunter, play something else.

By your argument, there's no point in discussing World at all or having any opinion, positive or negative, about it.

That's the equivalent of complaining that Street Fighter only makes you fight humans, not streets.

Haha GOTEEEM

Where are you from hombre?

You can't use ass-backwards logic and then reverse the ass-backwards logic you used not a moment prior to try and make the other poster look silly, user.

In street fighter, "fighter" is the description of the action, as well as a title of a person
"Street Fighter" in this case being one who fights on the streets

There is no similar misunderstanding to be had with "Monster Hunter", in the games you play as a hunter who does in fact hunt monsters, it's just not really achieved in gameplay, instead being a glorified arena fighter half the time, like what Evolve eventually turned into before it died

Are you retarded? How is putting hunt in monster hunter is the equivalent of making peoples fighting roads in Street Fighter?

Its still monster hunter, you can still play it the same, lthough the arenas are open and the monsters tend to wander about. That requries a way to track them down that doesnt take 10 minutes of running around aimlessly to find them.

There needed to be compromises so the game wouldnt be a fustrating pain in the ass to play, so the scoutflies are a fine mechanic in my opinion.

Monsters ran away and you had to run after them throughout the entire franchise? Are you trying to say MH should have died like evolve? Because it never did and will most likely never will.

I don't think you understand the concept of tracking
Also that's how it already worked if you lost the monster and ran out of psychoserum
Yeah
Like tracking

They moved from one closed arena to another with you following
No, I'm saying that it was worse than what they had before

Tell me what do you mean by "Tracking"? Make me understand and I may just be able to make sense of your shit taste.

How is it worse? Its still the same exact thing. They still are moving from one closed area to another with you following. The only difference is that the areas are just connected and no more stupid loading screens that kill the flow for a second.

Finding the monster through means that aren't the two extremes of "walking aimlessly" and the retard-mode GPS quest tracker from the Fable games that you seem to love so much

I never played a fable game. You mean like a quest marker? Yeah fuck those things.

MHW's tracking system seems kind of neat due to gathering evidence off of footprints, corpses, etc. Its actual tracking, you're actually HUNTING the monster. The scout flies also make more sense both mechanically and sensibly instead of just throwing a damn ball of paint on a monster and knowing its every move across a fucking desert or tundra or whatever.

But you can still walk aimlessly if you want, its going to be much more of a pain with the larger maps but hey, its your game, do what you want.

The point is, you're getting fixated on window dressing that doesn't really fucking matter. The games are what they have been, and changing them radically to something that flies in the face of what made them so well-loved by the fanbase for the sake of winning over a nebulous other is a short-sighted and stupid move that's been done time and again, always with the same result.

Fable 2 and 3 had a quest marker system where a trail of sparkles would lead you to your objective, like scoutflies

I agree that they're better than paintballs, but I don't like that the "evidence gathering" is basically just a charade to mask the fact that the system is still incredibly handholdy

You're being led by the dick by a bunch of glowbugs, and you Press X To Clue. You might as well take those, your new grappling hook, and go to Gotham to find the real killer.

Yep, not arguing with that, thats how the hunting works. Better than running around in a large map in a wild goose chase, then press X to instantly know the monsters location.

I dont like the grappling hook either tbh. They havent justified its purpose except when it comes to traversing hard to reach areas, but it still doesnt do it justice. During the initial reveal at e3 I had a hard time believing the game was MH for a minute due to that gay hook.

World looks like it has a lot of fucking problems, like mantles, however the tracking thing doesn't really matter to me. Why is this any worse then the monster just always spawning in the same location in each map then just running right there. Or being an idiot and running around randomly.

No Juan, the point is you need to learn basic english to live in this country or I will report your ass to ICE and deport you back to mexico

The irony here is stunning

so should I wait for XX to get announced for the 3ds (US) or just focus on world?

Please Juan, do you even know what irony means?

Download the game and then the english patch.
The QR code for FBI is in the OP, or download it off of freeshop, update it, then go here

gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

haha, y-yeah, one of these days, am I right, reddit?

Just play the game, it's out already.

The definition that seems appropriate here would be "a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result." In other words, the fact that you are attacking others on the basis of failing to grasp the English language is ironic, because of your own lack of such capability.

But all that's beside the point, which is that you've made it clear you aren't interested in the Monster Hunter games at all, and thus are incapable of understanding why people who like them are receiving the changes being made for World negatively. Begs the question of why you're here in the first place, really.

Can you stop responding to the obvious troll you dumb fuck? I'm pretty damn certain it's ass autist.

the fact that you are attacking others on the basis of failing to grasp the English language is ironic, because of your own lack of such capability.
I'm not the one that failed to understand the term "Street Fighter". Really? fighting a goddamn roads?

Trust me I would but since I got a new 3dsxl my old hacked one died on me. so now I have no way to download it, otherwise I wouldnt be asking such a retarded question.

Fair enough, hard to tell which ones are just shitposting and which ones genuinely think World will be good.

In that case, just wait for your firmware to be hackable.

its almost like with empowered players you can also empower the monsters, thus elevating the gameplay.

crazy how that works.

Except that we already know that's not what the goal is here - it's been stated quite clearly that they're targeting World at people who thought Monster Hunter was too difficult

post the quote

I don't think they said too difficult just western players who could not get into it before.

藤岡:どうしても超えられないグローバルの壁がありました。それを考えたい、取り入れたいと思いました。
Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."

――グローバルの壁は、どのあたりに感じていましたか?
Dengeki: "Where did you feel this global wall?"

藤岡:表現力のひとつからしてそうですし、遊び心地やゲームデザインもそうです。『モンスターハンター』の個性としてよい部分があるのに、うまく伝わらないことが悔しいところでした。
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well."

アクションをひとつ行うたびに、止まる部分であれば、僕らは駆け引きとして導入していますが、これがあるだけでプレイしてくれない方もいらっしゃいます。
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

The quote basically amounts to "westerners don't like to wait around"
This also ties back into what they said about making monster AI more fluid and unpredictable, which does pretty much mean they're being empowered too unless they were lying

"People who don't play because it requires strategy" is a polite way of saying "casuals who think the game is too hard"

Frustration =/= Difficulty or at least it doesn't have to. However this is modern Capcpom we are talking about so that is definitely what they will take it as. Whenever they try to make things more appealing for the west capcom always makes things worse does anybody have a single example of it not happening?

That's a very generous way of saying "they suck at playing games"

I sincerely doubt that will be the case, but I'll hold off on passing judgment there until the game actually comes out.

thats it? are you serious? some smoking gun you got there detective.

yeah not moving was part of the strategy it was taken into account when balancing the game, now slowing to a crawl is part of the strategy and taken into account when balancing the game. if anything this supports my claims empower the players and balance it out by empowering monsters.

besides you cant zone out to chug and sharpen like you could in the other games anyways. it elevates the action when you can try to waltz your ass around when chugging and the monster is actually fucking present instead of stuck behind a loading screen.

With the kind of people they're trying to sell World to, it absolutely is because it's too hard for them

None of that is strategy, it's just free damage bonuses.

You're missing that the people they're targeting here are not people who want the monsters empowered, they want to automatically win and feel good about themselves for it.

Stealth isn't very strategic if the monsters have worse memory and vision than people in a senior center

They've made the monster AI more unpredictable since at least 3rd gen. Regular Narga follows a flowchart, Green Narga introduces new attacks like double tailslam, Purple Narga has the full moveset and can do any move from any other move. That has carried over into 4, X, and XX with most end game monsters.

you are past the point of cynical and dropped right into paranoid, you cant even read straight forward quote from the dev without seeing "we want the call of duty audience".

sorry im not buying the doomsday sermon.

You know that "free" damage bonuses doesn't simply fall on your lap right? You need to earn that free damage. By your logic, none of the MH need strategy, just hit, dodge, repeat.

You're missing the part where most of the environmental interactions aren't 'strategic' setpieces that give you a bit of damage, they're the plentiful natural resources that you use with even less effort to get free stuns like the flash things or the shock trap frogs

Considering it's balanced, yes, that much is true

And after looking at all the other broken shit they've shown, do you expect that it will be? Between mantles and IG approaching tonfa level aerial bullshittery at least?

Was this said somewhere? Is this how they are limiting it? Healing while moving could work fine if the game is balanced for it however I doubt that will be the case.

theres being skeptical and then theres bawwwing like an idiot that every adjustment is infact the death of every braincell required from the player.

maybe mantles will replace bullshit like megadash juice or the armor / power talons.

healing while tiptoeing is absolutely a QoL change, you cant zone out to chug / sharpen anymore, and they can balance it out with even just a little bit of additional monster aggression.

you still have yet to prove they are chasing CoD kiddies, your smoking gun quote was a lot of big fat nothing, that played out in your paranoid interpretations of what was actually said, the highly disingenuous paraphrasing of the quote ive seen in your other comments are even more hyperbolic.

I won't defend the mantles, but if you actually look at videos of people flying with the tonfas before they were nerfed, you'd see why the IG moves are far less cancerous
From what we know about the moves so far, the baguettes will at least need to maintain a semi-conscious state to stay in the air

I know that these changes do not mean doom and I honestly hope that World is fucking great and I play it just as much as 4U. However modern capcom making changes especially along with saying it is to appeal to western players has me extremely pessimistic about the whole thing.

The fuck are you smoking?

Does anyone know what it takes to make a mantle?

I hope you never even think about using one user.

If it breaks the game I probably won't even play the game if it's balanced for it then it will probably be necessary unless you want to play the game naked like some people do. I was just asking to see how it's balanced but I doubt they've released anything.

Dont worry user, if they release anything I would know within an hour, unless if its more japanese interviews.

Theres 3 mantles

You can apparently change or replenish them whenever you fast travel into a base camp.

The lure mantle can really fuck things up if you are fighting in a team and you run away to get, MUH FOOD CHAIN DAMAGE. But I have no clue what it takes to make them. Rock steady has enough abilities to be a GR armorset by itself. Stealth is pointless in MH.

Because that's what every developer who talks about appealing to foreigners means.

All the things they've shown so far have been so simple and non-committal that they might as well just give it to you for free by walking to that area.

You're just saying it was nothing because you want it to be nothing. They very clearly said in polite business-ese that they are targeting the lowest common denominator.

Buddy I don't know where you've been but MHXX being shit is a consensus.

I get that you're trying to be reasonable, but there's no need to be in the face of overwhelming evidence otherwise. This is going to be a poor installment in the series, and one I won't give Capcom money for. Respect for the effort, but we should be calling a spade a spade.

Eh, cut him some slack, he just said he hopes, and his follow up line indicates it's not a realistic one, which is a fair way of saying it. After all, hope for the best, prepare for the worst, as they say.

Looking back, underwater combat was the least cancerous of all the gimmicks. It actually expanded the game and offered new challenges to the player while perfectly fitting in with the world around it. It wasn't "magic" like fucking wystones and styles and shit.

I guess in a way mantles are superior to wystones and styles purely on the basis of them not being "magic" and at least trying to fit in aesthetically and conceptually with the rest of the world. I still hate them on a gameplay basis though. Fucking faggot-ass win-buttons with cooldowns.

I can't tell if MonHun fanbase is legitimately shittier than DaS fanbase, or if it's agent provocateurs or possibly even newfags trying too hard to fit in by being "hardcore" and against any objective improvements to the series.
Who knows, it might even just be butthurt Nintoddlers.

Ever since 4th gen introduced internet multiplayer to the franchise, the Monster Hunter fanbase IS the Dark Souls fanbase. All the soulsfags flooded into the games when they realized you could play with pubs, fueled by reddit and youtube streamers constantly comparing Monster Hunter gameplay to Dark Souls gameplay.

It's honestly never recovered.

Is Dark Souls significantly different from Demon's Souls? Because I'm playing through the latter for the first time, and I don't get the comparisons to MonHun at all, the only similarity really is that they're both 3D action games.

Dark Souls made many changes from Demons, but the core gameplay is similar. There really isn't any similarity between MH and Souls though. Souls is a popular series however, and gets compared to a lot of shit when it shouldn't, and things similarly get compared to it unreasonably.

The WiiU doesn't count because nobody fucking owned a WiiU.

Fair enough, just hear it got brought up a lot for some reason.

The original PS2 game had online, the servers are just long gone

Where is that overwhelimg evidence? We've seen 1 low rank mission so far. We don't even know how the new skill system works yet.

FUG I'm really tired, okay?

The first fucking game had online. You could play online on the PSP. Tri had online. And 3U still counts even if you claim nobody owned a WiiU since that's bullshit.

When will monster hunter fans stop getting baited like whitefish and handing out free (you)s with complete abandon?
I'm inclined to believe that you almost enjoy getting strung along like reatards.

Yeah I really wish they would start showing more than just that one fucking scenario over and over again with different equipment. I mean the game is coming out in like 6 months it's a little suspicious. I want to know more about how the systems in the game work are there towns or one town, is the entire outside one big area or are there still different maps? We've seen the weapons and everything and know that it isn't completely ruined as long as monsters are balanced properly. Now show us how the rest of the game works.

I just hope everyone's ready for the incoming DLC cancer wagon they're sure to be jumping on. It's how yellow menace has made its shekels on Frontier, and it's how Western devs have domesticated the white piggu.

"Oh no Doodle, strange all-new Sparkledog-type wyverns have been causing trouble in the village recently! You can get your Hunting License on the steam store page for the low low price of $19.99!"

Ready to fuckin' pirate every last bit of it and mod in some animu shit.

Fug.

I made some OC

You won't win anyway, why even try

Why bother? There's no way you would win anyway.

Maybe if I were to submit a shit design. And it's practice even if I don't win.

Any design you submitted would be shit, you're competing against tons of other people to make a weapon for a monster hunter game
There's nothing stopping you from practicing outside of the constraints of a shitty contest

What contest?
My best suggestion is find your favorite monster that doesn't have a weapon for every type and then try designing a weapon for one of the types he doesn't already have. Try your best, because even if you don't win, you might make something people will like.

Generally, your best bet is to go for something with a gimmicky aesthetic. That Great Poogie HH design that won last time for instance.

They like "fun" or "clever" designs, that tends to be what they're looking for

They're both 3D action games with RPG elements, they both feature giant monsters to varying degrees, and both are NES-hard.* Dark Souls is literally Demon's Souls 2 with the numbers filed off, and aside from the normal sorts of upgrades you'd expect from a sequel, it is functionally identical in gameplay. The only reason it's not called Demon's Souls 2 is because Sony owns the rights to that franchise. The only reason Dark Souls is compared to Monster Hunter is because, yes, their audiences overlap. Turns out autists like fantasy worlds, increasing stat numbers, and collecting digital weapons and armor.

*NES-hard: A game so unrelentingly difficult and unfair that you might actually die once in a while when playing, and so heartless and unforgiving that dying might even result in minor consequences, such as the loss of a few resources or fifteen minutes of progress.

From what I've seen most weapons that won so far have been standing on their own, not based on an existing monster. I'd like to make another Wroggi weapon but there's no guarantee the monster will even be in the game.

Yeah, they seem to like those more.

BINGO!

Seriously?

It's one of the environmental effects. You can harvest a big bulb that floats around some parts of the map and it'll immediately fully heal you. You can also interact with some frogs in some areas that act like a natural shock trap.

I'm not sure but I think the potion bug might be related to a palico ability
You see the bug's name in the cat's equipment screen, as well as in an identical item in the player's inventory(which makes me think you can order them to do specific things now, though it might just be an item) and despite the fact that we've seen this hunt like five times we've only seen one of those bugs once, and unlike the others you really can't miss those fat glowing fuckers even on a low quality stream on youtube

That would only be acceptable if they made some drastic changes to how food worked or something.

Is it a max potion effect or is it just a full heal?

It just seemed to be a full heal

Stealth in MH Worlds:
I hope it's like this.

is this real?

Hey Holla Forums theres a weapon making contest for MHW. I want to participate but do it together with /mhg/. So can we come together and shit up something crazy? Maybe we'll get high up on the rankings if were lucky.

capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2017/07/26/design-a-weapon-for-monster-hunter-world

Dubs decides what weapon type it will be i guess.
Sorry, im shit at drawing

Deadline is the 16th btw.

We name it the Holla Forumsindicator.
Vindicator, so it has a chance of being accepted, and so it doesn't come from h8chan

would be fun, but seriously, this game needs to have monsters that use no lube and have no mercy. They need to be so damn dangerous and so damn vicious that being a fuckwit kills you, no exception.

Funlance.

This thread is slow as shit so i guess no dubs are needed so progress can be made faster. We now have a name

Now we just need everything else.

Gunlance it is. We need to design it now, I put in a simple placeholder so far.

Judging from the last competetion I dont think there will be any need for materials or monster parts. Just do whatever you feel like i guess.

I'm not a drawfag, but I'll give it a shot
A bow with some ornamentation that curls inward a bit, giving it an abstract infinity symbol look.
I drew it all in green, but maybe the bow can be green, and the inward curling bits could be purple feathers/quills/bones(tusks or ribs)/etc. Or the bow can be green with purple ornamentation.
I really hope some drawfag drops by and fleshes this out

I don't know if it's real, it's a rumor I've seen mentioned a few times to defend mantles and I ran out of ideas for good shitposts to add to it.

I want both of these now, so much. Tigrex is always such a fun and simple monster, I hope that he's good if he's in World.

Seconding funlance.

I really hope it's not real. 3-slot talis are too good.
but then again,

alternatively, naming a bow like that, "Infinity" would be neat, too.

How about a tacti/k/ool motif?

Daww shiet, we cant make 2 weapons now cant we? The bow named infinity sounds super badass though. I think it'll get far if we actually put effort into it.

what, like railings all down the lance, a pistol grip for the lance handle, and a scope + bayonet on the shield?

Except it won't get anywhere since you're already breaking the rules of the contest

how do we summon drawfags?
have autoCADfags been known to lurk?

Does capcom want us to suggest stats and parameters for the entries as well?
If so, this bow needs to be able to use Exhaust coating because

I was thinking about a T H I C C oversized nugget with a stabby bit or something. Or whatever rootytooypointandshooty the JSDF uses. Although the may be going overboard, design wise.
If we're going with GL, then the shield should be as interesting as the lance. Just now another idea popped into my head.
How about using parts from a locomotive? Something like the cow catcher could be repurposed as shield, in some way.

We have to make one weapon, we have to vote on it, both of em sound good but I agree that we have to make only one. Im thinking of something unique and kinda unconventional.

I just read the rules, its just a drawing of the design. And idunno, ask around.

anonvote.com/poll/r584226bs

Strawpoll doesn't do images. Let's see if this doesn't backfire.

I wouldn't mind stealth all too much if it worked like that; monsters are fucking pissed when they see you and they'd certainly try and hunt you in return if you just suddenly vanished or they knew you were here somewhere but not in sight.

I guess were going with the bow then. Any one else have any other initial designs for the bow or ideas on what details to put on it? Are these ones too shit to even consider? An actual drawfag would be pretty helpful right now.

That was some good shit.

So, It's like bed heal?
That seems pretty dumb

Welcome to Monster Hunter World, you'll find yourself saying that a lot.

bump.
also
REQUESTING DRAWFAGS

DRAW US A PRETTY CAVEMAN'S ROOTY TOOTY POINT AND SHOOTY

nice dubs crossposter.

I'll be bumping until something comes of this.

I don't post in the drawthreads because A) they're cancer and B) I ain't got fancypants drawing tech because poorfag, but I could do some art on paper for the collective.

It's possible I went to school for it

I'll come by later with something when it's not 3AM in Burgerland

Fucking kill yourself redditor.

oh no.

How's the frame rate?

i didnt notice it. im used to an old 3ds not new so im used to shit tier as it gets but it felt smooth and my only real complaint is the right stick inverts by default, right stick navigates menus and the [?] for farm points is pretty pixellated.

Aside from that it looks better, runs better, was on a big screen tv and bushido bow remains the best i will fight a nigga on this.

It was what monster hunter should have been since tri.

Sans hunting arts, styles, etc. maybe.

i just mean performance. I liked styles in theory but as fun as bushido was aerial greatsword was genuine EZ modo. Fucking spamming the same move to beat Nakarkos as a 'farming strat' was fucking heartbreaking.

But that monster was a disappointment in every regard.

I liked its design quite a bit. Fighting that slogfest, not so much.

Idiot. This reddit shitter has been here since the last thread.
You fucking newfag.
lurk moar.

Nice imgur-filename you got there.

Try and find the pic faggot.
You can't becasue it's only been posted twice. By me.

It's okay, Alex. You'll grow out of it eventually.

Right……….
i don't own a twitter thou m8.
So this guy read Sekai oni too.

Your faginess makes you sound exactly like it.

kys

Incredible.
Post his dox faggot
do it

UNDERAGE LEAVE

Ignoring the cancer in this thread, I got a very early test sketch here, any thoughts or ideas? I can go back and make changes. I figured it would be infinite while folded (because it's gotta fold, right?) and pop open into two nice curved halves.

Someone needs to invent some lore, that might help articulate the design into something that's meaningful instead of anons just shitting around.

If you turned it into some kind of scaly mobius strip that's when overlaid in profile looked like an infinity symbol that'd be pretty good. If you wanted to take it farther you could have the head of _insertmonsterhere_ at the top of the bow and the tail of the monster at the bottom with the loop in the middle, although now it just sounds like a Dalamadur Bow.

I considered that, actually. I'll do that for a bit and report back.

Cook up some deep lore in the meanwhile.

This guy has a page full of cancer.
Xbox tags and PSN tags seem out of date on searches.

What are you doing here?

Just fuck off.

This is why weebs who screenshot their comic books are super gay.

meanwhile
Alright, here are some test options. I decided to aesthetically obscure the monster heads in a way that looks like a sort of European mythical depiction of its actual counterpart. Seems more clever and engaging that way. People should choose what they want or provide additional suggestions.

lore could be a hidden Holla Forums or 8ch reference, assistance welcome.

Playing a weeb game on the internets.

Going down on that tailend like a champ. I like 4 the most.
Where the fuck are you supposed to hold the bow?

Alright, I'll go with number 4. Also yeah, I thought it would be fine if they grabbed here, but looking at actual in-game bows that ain't gonna work. I'll have to put an actual handle in.

fuckking pic related

The missing handle ain't the problem. It would be extremely awkward attempting to fire an arrow while holding it there.

No, that's what I mean. I need to install a handle in that's closer, otherwise it won't work.

Like so? Still awkward as fuck. Look at the red lines as to where the energy would be stored while pulling.
I'd just go for a "hidden" handle inside the balls green box.

I see what you're saying, looking at in-game bows the handles are directly in the middle, although I don't know what "the energy stored while pulling" even means

That's a pretty good figure model btw, maybe you should join the drawthreads in the future

Bows can be asymmetrical, but our memeshape doesn't lend it too well for that.
To illustrate better what I meant to bring across with the red lines is the imbalance of applied force.
You would never hold the bow at the bottom third and try to nock the arrow way above. Take a broom handle or something and firmly grasp it around the middle. Hold it straight away from you, place the other hand right above it and try to pull it towards yourself. Then try pulling again a couple inches more to the top.
You'll find it increasingly harder to hold it straight.

Since it seems like the draft design is basically done, I'll come back later this weekend to finish it if anyone cares, seems the general is pretty much dead

Gotcha, thanks for the elaboration.

get out of here shill

Just report and ignore same as with every other shitposting Goon

I care, btw the deadline for the contest is in 5 days. I dont think our bow will get that far because that design doesnt look that particularly interesting to me, were compteting against hundreds of autists here user, we got to do something that POPS. The Ouroboros design at is pretty damn sick though. Also due to the bow being named "Infinity" those 2 little cirlces on the bow barely look like an infinity sign.

Too bad im not a drawfag, people wont care about what drawings i put up if im not.

I can't draw but here's some random ideas.

Those are just preliminary drafts; just to get the ball rolling, in order to brainstorm. I would make a final cut that'd be far more meticulous than that, but I agree the idea itself isn't very inspiring. and besides I can't submit it myself, I already submitted my own. I'll finish it no matter what, because it'd be just another pathetic unfinished drawfag project and that's terrible.
I don't consider myself a drawfag. This is the first time in 15 years I've posted my work online, and it's only because I love MH and 8ch. Nobody's ideas are too shit to consider, so if you posted drawings I would be supportive

Nobody can submit it anyway because it's breaking the rules of the contest

That game has ugly female characters and is western so it's probably made by SJWs.

Well then it's kind of a given it's SJWs

It's a small indie team so there is like a 30% chance it could be safe but not with designs like that.

How? If someone else submits it by their own email address, then its fine. How are they gonna know? my name won't be attached to it.

Submissions cannot be posted anywhere on the internet

I care. When you submit, post whatever link they give you to follow the contest. I want to see how far our baby goes.

Any links to the actual fucking game so I don't have to use this QR code shit?

Why, is your camera broken or are you just retarded?
I mean you don't know what freeshop is and are asking people for links, so I'm assuming the latter, but still

What is MEGA?

What is Google Drive?

What is thousands of other services I can just click to download a file from?

I tried scanning it with FBI and it just errors

What is freeshop
That's literally less work than downloading transferring and installing cias yourself, redditor

What is suck my fucking dick just give me a file to download?

Being a cunt about it isn't making anyone more willing to give the file to you, y'know?

Okay, here you go

Now go back to reddit

Because when every reply I get is not the answer I look for and they demand I use something else instead, you're damn fucking right I am going to get even more bitchy

And I installed Freeshop

And there's nothing about downloading this game in it

And now what?

This has taken far more work than just having a link to said game

Alright, everyone just stop trying to help this retard.

That's ok I just found the game on google drive without any of your help

See you in five minutes when you need to know how to make all the moon runes turn into angloglyphs

Already translated

Well, congratulations then, enjoy your one game
Send r/monsterhunter my regards when you get them to carry you and your no skill clownsuit through g rank

Are you ten years old?

I'm belittling you because you're the newfag who begged to be spoonfed a link and couldn't figure out how to get freeshop to work

Your childhood must have been magical, at five years old did you have to brawl your dad for at least an hour before you got toast?

Yes, he insisted I make the toast myself
Low and behold, now I know how to make toast and use google, and now I assume you do too, little redditot

Did you just imply you're 5 years old?

It just gets more cancerous in here by the day, but

THE DESIGN IS COMPLETE

I thought about it, and I'm thinking it'll be more goon/retard-proof if I submit it myself through a new personal email. I'll check it daily so I won't miss anything, and this'll be the last time I mention specific details about it in case it gets spoiled and the design gets rejected because "alt-right trolls" brigaded the contest or whatever. You'll know it when you see it.

FOCUS ALL YOUR MEME MAGIC HERE IF YOU WANT THE DESIGN TO WIN

deux vult

I can't wait.
How do I follow the contest?

Here's hoping you win and some small remnant of our existence in the world is immortalized forever as downloadable low rank garbage in a monster hunter game that people will ideally like

But Vivian already exists user :^)

I mean something that isn't tainted by halfchan

DO 4 MOTHERFUCKER

Seriously, this monster is so perfect.

sure

Just checking if this was posted yet.

I'm pc before nintendo, and started playing monhun on psp, a sony system in case your mongoloid brain couldn't handle that information. World is utter shit, and even whatever double cross became is way more faithful to monster hunter than the heaping pile of shit known as world is. Enjoy lapping up crapcom's runny diarrhea spinoffs.

You aren't fooling anyone, nintoddler.

Literally cuckchan level posting there.
Go back.

Make me nintendoboi.

Come on, guys.

;)

As someone who has been autistically defending half of the features people have been calling shit since it was announced, you claiming it's just people screaming about nintoddlers makes you look like a huge faggot
No game discussion's been happening at all for a while because it's been a while since we got news and nobody really wants to talk about it

I don't give a fuck what system you play on.
The lack of room posting and lack of anons who still play after being added to my friends list. The anons who remain are either still G-rank or aren't doing 140GQs.
No fresh news on MH:Wurlds leads to an almost dead thread.

I recently started a new file on 4G, but it seems the handful of people who still want to play it are all on the foreign version anyway, so haven't bothered making rooms for it.

As soon as it arrives, I want to play some 4G with yall. Stay cool.

Sounds good user, I'll be playing Dragon Quest 11 in the meantime most likely.

Said like a real man, user.

Good luck user I ordered a cable from a chinese place last year at christmas I got it 2 weeks ago. China is so fucking inconsistent.

just shit out the $20 for one from anywhere else.
I want to hunt big ass dinos with some big guy Holla Forumsirgins

have we reached the bump limit?

Yes, 300 is bump limit.

New thread:

If by some miracle I have children I want to be this dad.