Harmony Gold vs Battletech: The Future Of The Mechwarrior Franchise

Greetings Holla Forums and /tg/ fags.

Wonder why we haven't had any decent Mechwarrior games for the past decade? Apparently Harmony Gold filed a complaint in March 2017 and is now going after Hair Brained Schemes, Piranha Games Studios, and Catalyst Games over copyright infringement over the Macross/Robotech franchise. So why is this relevant to Holla Forums and /tg/? FASA back in the day had to settle to an agreement and categories a series of classic mechs from Battletech into an "unseen" blacklist. Basically, that means any mech robot that has even the smallest inspiration from Robotech or Macross cannot be produced by ANY game company that looks visually similar to "their" mechs.
Now here are the facts:

So Holla Forums and /tg/, spread the word and do EVERYTHING in your power to stop Harmony Gold's bullshit. They are the sole reason why no one wants to touch the Battletech/Mechwarrior franchise (besides Microsoft owning the IP but not giving two shits about it). PGI may not have the best track record for MW:O, but think about the future of Mechwarrior video games. Use the power of Kek or whatever the fuck to put the final nail in the coffin that is Harmony Gold.

sarna.net/news/harmony-gold-is-at-it-again/

dockets.justia.com/docket/washington/wawdce/2:2017cv00327/242820

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4EWto
archive.fo/pKDwj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought we were talking about good Battletech games.

They should be able to kill Harmony Gold like EA did to that copyright troll who tried to sue them because it contained the word Edge

They actually do. The problem is back when they licensed Macross from Tatsunoko in 1984 they were able to use a legal loophole to own the Macross IP outside of Japan and Tatsunoko just keeps renewing the license no questions asked and is probably unaware of HG's copyright trolling.

Sage for no webm or archive.

I don't think so.

They seem to be nothing but "IP trolls" trying to simply sit on an IP (or part of it) and make residuals from a show a quarter century old. If they fully owned Macross/all the other shit outside of Japan, it would make no sense to not pump at least something out every once in a while in the effort to make cash, especially if you have exclusivity for a well known IP.

Did you know that Harmony Gold is also one of corporations that don't allow macross stuff and SRW games containing macross stuff in US?

So again, a legal loophole. Not defending HG, but they're using their perpetual license of Macross footage to squat on the IP and are just using lawsuits to make a profit.

And like I said on the last thread, SRW with licensed mechs can't to the US because other companies own the rights to them and would need to sign off on it. HG is only part of that problem.

Never said I gave a shit about SJW HBS's battletech or PGI's project bomb that will be Mechwarrior 5:Mercenaries. Mechwarrior Online is pretty much dead in the state that it's in.

Don't they co-own it? I think they must be aware of the legal BS going on since no one is allowed to redistribute content inside of North America nor outside of it. They are losing alot of money with HG "holding" onto the rights for dear life.

Is it again time for the
bullshittery of those northern American'ts?

Tatsunoko owns the right to lease international distribution rights outside of Japan from what I read. The actual rights to Macross in Japan are like split between 4 other companies including Tatsunoko, Big West, Artland, and Bandai. And I think they're only marginally aware of how HG is just squating on their Robotech license and suing anyone using Shoji Kawamori mecha designs. I know Kawamori was at a con a few years ago saying he felt bad about Macross being unavailable in the States, hence in order to bypass HG or any middleman, some blurays of Macross in Japan have English subs.

Why havent anyone killed everyone involved with HG?!

Because they're too busy running Funimation.

What the fuck is wrong with those kikes?

Funimation only distributed the Robotech Shadow Chronicles DVD back in 2007 they have no relation to HG, like I also said in the previous thread dipshit.

Plus Funimation is about to get bought out by Sony:
archive.is/4EWto

I swear you retards do fuck all when researching shit.

Funimation is comprised of, and started by, ex-HG employees.

When did they go sjw I can't seem to find anything in Google aside from some Twitter nonsense that was pretty neutral.

Gen Fukanaga and Daniel Cocanougher never worked for HG. Even then Funi has no ties to them nor were they owned by HG. How about you provide a source.

I should have added the multiculturalism aspect to that phrase. It's all relative anyways. And no, there are no pure white people here.

It's just an overreaction to some fucking stupid ancestry information for characters. Moronic shit like swedish-haitian heritage when those are long forgotten nations with zero relevancy to the present nations of the Inner Sphere.

I think I will work as a dev and make my own damn games now.

If you have no white people in the future that's fine however there definitely would not be any pure black people. People find black people the last appealing through evolution they'd be the first to be selected out. Especially if the future had designer babies.

archive.fo/pKDwj

go back to the grave, kalergi

Great nonsequitur famalam, but a black Kurita makes sense in-universe. As does a white proud citizen of the Capellan Confederation. But japanese-french? British-nepalese? That's like describing a modern human as a Babylonian.

Just join one of the clans and prove your worth with the title of an aryan true born. True born genetic white pure master race ftw.

Clan morons don't get stealth armor, null sig systems or C3 networks. Because muh dezgra. Fuck em. Would totally racemix with a cute elemental girl tho.

Fuck HBS and their pozzed piece of shit game. I hope Harmony Gold rapes their corpses.

Can we have Harmony Gold die first before HBS getting fucked over? I'll tolerate the multicultural Battletech if it spells the death of Harmony Gold. I hope Microshit sells the IP to some non-pozzed devs afterwards.

I don't give a shit about mechwarrior and I don't give a shit about macross, since the only good one was the one with Isamu.
I'm glad all these kikes are at each other throats because of poorly drawn robots, and whoever loses I win.

I would like a good Battletech game. HBS is 100% incapable of giving us one. So HG acting as the gate keepers to kill their shit is a net win. Our only hope is some Jap or Eastern Euro dev crew picks it up in the future.

Speculation =/ evidence

You have any proof to back that up?

That's pretty much it.

This type of bullshit speculation without hard evidence is why GG died, good job. Here's their fucking past jobs on their linkedin profiles.

Also, Echolight is a fucking Christian film company that has no ties to HG and was formed by Gen in 2011.

Good job fucktard, and great work killing GG in the name of being a super internet detective.

Thanks, this is cancer

And like I said, a English Dreamcast version was in the works and was set to release during the boom period when Gundam Wing was aired in the States and every licensing company would've gotten a piece of the pieā€¦but HG, being the dicks that they are, said no because they think having Macross would kill the profits of Robotech which ended 10 years ago. Couldn't find a proper attributable source, apparently SRW Alpha's info wasn't much on the net.