The correct way to save in older fps? (Serious Sam TFE)

Hey. I'm playing through Serious Same TFE HD release and I was wondering what is the appropriate way to play this game in regards to saving.
I am playing on Serious difficulty but I am having a hard time resisting the urge to spam the quicksave button after killing just a few enemies.
In FPS like DooM and Serious Sam where the choice of saving is entirly up to you, when do you usually save?

I don't save at all as it takes all the fun out of it for me. Then I play a player made megawad and get to some dumbass map that takes 20+ minutes to complete and is full of ridiculously hard encounter after ridiculously hard encounter. I start saving then.

In TFE, there are pretty generous check points. I don't save at all.

weird. I havent seen any checkpoints. Maybe I'm just blind.

The game just creates a new autosave once you reach them.
Hope you are enjoying the game fam.

You usually have to turn them on.

Also, this game punishes you for quick saving in the heat of battle anyway, as there's delay in your inputs upon loading a save. I usually enforce a 3-Quicksave limit for each level in a Classic FPS—unless it's a shorter Doom or Build-Engine game level—because this gives you room to avoid wasting too much time while still allowing a challenge. However, I use that rule in tandem with the checkpoints in any Serious Sam game on Serious.

I know I'm a casual as well as autistic.

The game autosaves at certain points, such as right before the hill with the kamikazes and the werebulls.

Depends, I have a few ways to limit my saves in older games personally
But like it's been mentioned Serious Sam has a checkpoint system.

Going full autist and saving every few steps stops being fun really fucking fast

its all i could find on pirate bay man

you miss out wall-strafing, arguably harder enemies in tfe/tse, vulkan and higher framerates.

:^)

I'll look into it then

turn on checkpoints and unmap the quicksave key

although the first release of serious sam is the best serious sam, the later serious engines didn't bother supporting harpies being able to hold headlees kamikazes. If you're not playing on serious and quicksaving, off yourself.

Stop shilling this retarded video.
nice dubs btw

It's like the obligatory video from the webm threads at this point. It's just there to liven the place up.

Autosave only. If the game has no autosave, then you weren't supposed to save anyways.

When it comes to shit like Doom and Quake, I only really save at the start of a new level. Even in stuff where the levels are longer like Arcane Dimensions. Saving when I'm about to die or after each battle just feels like cheating and really ruins any sense of accomplishment for beating a part that was whipping my ass.

Just savescum nigger, Serious Sam is designed so that you die often and to repeat the same thing over and over again until you finally pull it off.