S.T.A.L.K.E.R Thread

Sexy Snork Edition

Unpacked Gamedata for SoC/CS/CoP : mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
STALKER gameplay quirks/myths : metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

Mod Repositories
Shadow of Chernobyl : mega.nz/#F!Z7RjwaBS!PYNDw9ugMSojbpUDgIACHQ
Clear Sky : mega.nz/#F!oqgWWK4K!PStfjPLon_3UpVU-atgQeQ
Call of Pripyat : mega.nz/#F!1zAilAoZ!xw3kb1awC1csjv2dMlb7Mw

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons
pastebin.com/WcZi44T2
mega.nz/#!sEEGAaYR!NsO77tqfMua2MVEdp0-1USXTobFFpqdxxu64Duz4Xjw
thepiratebay.org/torrent/11988900/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.__Shadow_of_Chernobyl_(GOG)
mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=240
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=&thm_id=23742&page=1&sort=ASC&sec_id=11
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
mega.nz/#!IUt2UAyI!dFbiw8dAyl-XNImg7CpvRRovYnqGfDGZlLIlJNl-6N8
mega.nz/#!sSgUzJ4K!7cWmRzWFsy_kaoD73v_ISPH-q6-HTWc5AXd7kNfHkpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fresh out of the oven

Hey fags i finally played Call of Chernobyl, i'm just starting out but do you guys think that i should buy an armor or not? i got 25k rubles after selling a Sgi-5k to Nimble and i've been dying to ditch the leather jacket once and for all, are there any other ways to obtain armors other than buying from that jewish merchant at Rookie Village? Also Master difficulty seems shit since the ammo you'll get from fallen enemies are peanuts compared what i use to bring them down.
Also how do you finish these "Butcher Monsters" quest, i killed a few boars yet they still won't take my meat (heh), am i doing it wrong?

You can trade with any merchant whose faction is neutral to you, additionally sometimes you'll get armour as a quest reward. When it comes to expending ammo, go for headshots. Are the butcher quests the one where you have to get meat from a specific mutant for a stalker? If that's the case you have to get to the boar's corpse until you get "Field Dress", press F and then there's a random chance you'll get some meat and/or mutant parts, you have to get the number of pieces of meat the stalker told you to get, for boars it's usually 6, but check your PDA to see how much he wants exactly. After you get enough meat, just go back to the guy and give him the meat. I dunno what else you could be doing wrong.

Oh really? that's neat, but i think i might just buy a sunrise suit since i'm not in the mood for quests.
user, my problem with Master difficulty is how unfair the ammo drop is, you'd probably get 10 bullets max for each men you kill, yet i'll probably need 3-4 bullets to go for a headshot because i'm just starting out and how shitty my gun is when it's range is beyond 20 meters it's an AN-94 btw. Because of this i can't hoard ammo since every engagement means that i'm wasting away bullets, and bullets are expensive especially when you buy them from the (((Merchants))). Well that's my thought of it anyway.
Well then that means i'm probably not killing enough, thanks for the tip user!

Somewhat related, but i have a bug with the binoculars where i can only see the top-left of the screen, the other parts is just pitch black, and the top-right of the screen is visible but is strangely cut-off

more like str8outacuckchan

i want to fuck that snork

>>>/out/

polite sage for off-topic

I'm pretty sure difficulty has nothing to do with ammo drops, and in any case on lower difficulties both you and your enemies will be expending more ammo than you would on Master difficulty anyway. I don't know what weapon mod you're using (if you're not using one you should be) but the ammo for AK's with the lowest damage stat I forget what caliber it is plz /k/ no bully is the most plentiful, so get a gun that uses that ammo. Honestly your difficulty with ammo seems weird to me since I've never had that problem. Try not shooting at absolutely every enemy you come across and take advantage of firefights that you haven't engaged in. Being a vulture is a sure-fire way to make good money when you're first starting out in CoC. Then you'll be able to buy all the ammo you'll ever need and might find a few good guns to repair while you're at it.

don't get butthurt , get out of here stalker

Nope, doesn't work that way at all.

Yes thank you I realized that after I typed it.

So what exactly did you change in that patch, and how sure are you of it's comparability with AO?
Will it make shotguns even more overpowered?

Misery update never ever
Ray of Hope never ever

Considering AO doesn't touch m_stalker, it's 100% compatible as long as you don't copy over weapons.ltx from the increased npc accuracy profile. As for what's changed, human npc hitbox multipliers are raised to a much more realistic level, meaning every weapon is going to do more damage. Since AO's shotguns are a hilariously overpowered outlier compared to every other weapon type, yes, it makes them stronger as well.

If you want to unfuck the buckshot, open weapon_ammo.ltx, navigate to line 1338 and change k_hit = 0.8 to 0.3. It'll still be overpowered as fuck, but it won't outclass every other weapon by a mile anymore.

Alright, thanks user.

Yes it is
You have the a board that has a bigger filesize and allows webms with sound.
Use it you retard

Seems like AO 3.1 v5 isn't even compatible with the CoC 1.5 beta release

Cuckchan and reddit are basically the same thing, just like how this site is going to be in about a year. Fuck off so we get an extra day.

I wouldn't bother with 1.5 until it's out of beta, which should coincide with the release of CWP, and that's going to be a huge upgrade.

Yeah, I guess I'll wait for the proper release then.

Wassat?

What does the 1.5 version add?

A CoC specific fork of STCoP 2.9 with more content that is going to be balanced for realism right out of the box (at least stat-wise). It's being done by Darryl123 who is the guy that ported OWR, AO, and STCoP to CoC.

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons

pastebin.com/WcZi44T2

I looked it up and it seems to be largely a weapon mod. Does it add anything else?

Just tons of weapons.

Is there a list for which weapons he's going to add?
Or is it gonna be some sort of merge of AO, STCoP and OWR?

I though the devs that made those mods each ported their respective ones to CoC.
Damn what a trooper doing all that work.

Thanks for the pastebin guy

Is he gonna finally add the Moist Nugget to STCOP?

This is almost certainly out of date, but this was posted in the changelog a few months ago:

Sheeit, e.nigma and r_populik have been MIA forever, and STCoP's devs give zero fucks about CoC (or even doing an english translation).

I never decided to post about this problem but it's happening quite too often lately so I hope some user can help me out:

The game freezes from time to time (it's rare, but it happens), sometimes its two seconds sometimes its ten, sometimes sound keeps going sometimes the sound freezes as well. What's more, the game keeps going even after the freeze, as in the AI keeps moving and can kill me meanwhile Im frozen (and so is what I see), at the same time when I'm running and freezes my stamina bar depletes after the freeze meanwhile my character does NOT move from the spot he was frozen in.

I don't have trouble running the game besides that and the rare XrEngine crash, my PC is strong enough to run most games at max without massive FPS drops.
Any user knows what's going on?

That sounds like the common stuttering that these games are infamous for. Pretty sure it has to do with the game loading and unloading assets in the background as you're running around the map.
Everyone get's that sort of stuttering in these games, all though maybe not that bad. Make sure that you aren't running anything in the background that can and will slow things down ie chrome and shit like that. Also your hardrive might just be a bit slow or maybe on it's last legs

Pic related
I got a mission to get some documents as a mercenary mission. I shot down several monolith and am being chased by a helicopter in an attempt to get through this area. I thought I made it but I ran into a damn invisible wall. I got the map from google but I spawned where 1 was originally and am now stuck there. There doesn't seem to be a path I can to to go around the invisible wall. Help a stalker out, please.

Can you post a pic of the area with the invisible wall? It's been years since I played CS and I haven't played CoCk yet.

How do I take a screenshot in game? I cant get printscreen to work.

Nevermind. I found out how. I also found a busted gate that was obstructed at first. I'm guessing that is the only way out of here. Pics none the less. Two screenshots just leading to the wall and the final two of the wall, the last being right at it.

HOLY FUCK! LET ME POST!
I have tried several times to post the screenshots. I guess I'm not posting them.

There's a few weird spots that you need to navigate in Limansk to get through it. I think you may be either at the part where you need to go through one of the houses, or it could be the bubble anomaly field.

Wat do Holla Forums? i even savescum on our local jewish merchant just in case he sells it yet he doesn't. Also i like savescumming fetch quests in general. pic unrelated

what are you even doing?

I had to go through a house after that busted gate.

For some reason I assumed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. didn't have a screenshot function until I looked at the controls.
I honestly have no idea what your talking about.

By default, most traders can only stock them if you're a member of their faction and have heavy pockets, the ones that can stock them without heavy pockets are Military/Monolith/Freedom/Duty, so pick whichever one you're at least neutral with, and save/reload until it pops up.

This kind of shit is a complaint I also had with morrowind. If the game is going to deprive or hide you from something at least give a reason why at some point. Ideally this information should be obtainable in game, something like talking to a stalker and he says "did you know duty sells grenade launchers to their friends?". Having to google for shit all the time (because of course, the manual never has that information either) is really annoying specially when you want to discover stuff for yourself.

Fair criticism. It's easy for those of us that have been playing/modding the series for years to forget about the newcomers from a usability standpoint. I imagine that's caused a lot of people to pick up, and then promptly drop the series. Hell, even long-time players are still regurgitating myths (that have been thoroughly debunked for years) pertaining to gameplay mechanics on a regular basis, and that further contributes to muddying the waters and reducing accessibility as new players don't know what to believe.

There's also this smug hostility towards newcomers (which is more of a Holla Forums thing in general, but it happens in these threads way too often) that does nothing but hurt our community. We should be welcoming to new players, because if you treat everyone like shit, you end up with what cuckchan /sg/ has become over the last ~7 months where the quality posters leave, newcomers are immediately chased off, and you've just got a handful of bitter shitposters circle jerking all day and telling each other to kill themselves. It was fucking terrible seeing that happen to /sg/, and I really don't want to see that happen here.

Anyway, when 1.5 (and CWP) are released, and then fully patched, I'll be making a modular tweak pack that will allow you to unfuck a lot of the counter-intuitive/bad gameplay mechanics (like the aforementioned savescumming required to manipulate merchant stocks), in the vein of my AMK AE pack (and even my old OGSE unfucker). You'll be able to pick up CoC with the requisite content mods, pick from a very well documented list of tweaks, and then play without trying to track down a bunch of different mods for things you may not even know were going to be issues yet, and then worrying about compatibility. Like the AE pack, uninstall folders will be included so that if you decide you want to revert a tweak, you can copy over the contents from the uninstall folder which will revert it to the previous state, and it won't fuck with your current saves in any way. No need to worry about making backups or any of that tedious bullshit.

Buuuuuuuuut, will it have what is essentially the most important tweak you can do which is making zombies unable to snipe you across the fucking map?

I actually already made that a while back as a standalone on request from some anons. mega.nz/#!sEEGAaYR!NsO77tqfMua2MVEdp0-1USXTobFFpqdxxu64Duz4Xjw

Assuming that's still an issue in 1.5, it'll definitely make the cut.

Thanks, out of all the bullshit in CoC, that one in particular was the only type of bullshit which I had to fix. I can tolerate stuff like fucked damage values when comparing the player vs. the AI, mostly because the advantage you get from having night-vision is so staggering that it balances it out for me, but getting my shit pushed in from a zombie from a mile away when zombies couldn't aim for shit in any STALKER game just grinds my gears like nothing else.

This doesn't require a new game does it? I don't think it should but I wanna check before adding it.

I still don't know what Alun was thinking when he gave the zombies heavily buffed visual detection (+30° FoV, +50M sight range, low enough transparency threshold to treat tall grass/brush as if it wasn't there) over normal Stalkers. Climbing up the Oakpine Anomaly and then getting immediately lit the fuck up by zombies at the Krug Antenna Complex is ridiculous.

Nope, you're good to go with existing saves.

It really makes no sense, the only things zombies had over normal stalkers in the games is that they usually appear in very high numbers and that they're a bit tougher than your average stalker, otherwise they are blind, deaf and can't aim for shit when compared to normal stalkers. Why anyone would want to turn them into Simo Häyhä if he got his brain scorched is beyond me. I'm still convinced it's a mistake.

Just open the game in debug mode and spawn one in.

Are there any other things like Lost Alpha worth playing? I've given up on CoC for now as I've had my save files shit the bed twice and would rather wait for that new weapon pack than try to choose between the three flawed ones we have at the moment. I've not really touched any of the big revamps for the original games either so I'm up for that, only thing I know is not to bother with complete.

Lost Alpha is fucking huge and empty

Check out Autumn Aurora 2.1

I strongly recommend OGSE 0693 if you want SoC but with an insane number of additional high quality quests and storylines.

This is no better than cheating

Ah i see, thank you for the information

Don't get me wrong, i love secrets but i don't like it when noone gives a single hit on why there are some items that only some vendor sells.

Also in Call of Chernobyl is it worth it to blow up the Hind? I mean goddamn those things are just a thorn in my fucking ass, the whole ukraine military are composed of a bunch of pussies that can't go on without air support for even a minute, i mean those fucks call the gunship everytime i ran into them and while it has the accuracy of a drunken ukranian it still hits like a pseudogiant when it hits you. I'm just so fucking mad at those gunships and the wuss military that i'm prepared to waste my fortune just to down the helicopter. So where do i sign up for some RPG-7s?
sorry for unrelated vid

-t. Call of Chernobyl newbabby

Buddy, I'mma blow your mind - choppers can be taken down by regular AP ammo. I'm playing STCoP and I've downed choppers with a full 40 AP rounds from my SIG. Just stock up on the special ammo, make sure it's loaded, and then play some hit and run with the Hind while you blast it - they go down surprisingly quickly.

Checked the changelog of the new 1.5 beta patch just to see some fixes and fucking FINALLY
Before that playing as a Bandit was a pain in the ass when it came to mutant parts because you had to be lucky enough to bump into a squad leader who had enough Slavbux to buy them.

Ray of Hope seems to be an MMO now, so Fuck This Gay Earth

im glad this is still posted

So I bought the FN from Nimble, placed the silencer but I can't place the scope no matter what. I know that this scope works because it's highlighted and because I have another save with the same weapon and the same scope working fine.
Tried reloading, detaching the silencer, unequip it, equiping it, right clicking the Trijicon, buying the same scope and throwing the older one, attaching the scope to other weapons (it works except for the FN).
What the fuck do I do? A rifle without scope may as well be useless.

The one sold by Nimble is different from the normal FN 2000 (wpn_fn2000 vs wpn_fn2000_nimble), and from what I'm looking at, doesn't appear to have the scope parameters setup, while the normal does (wpn_fn2000_acog).

You'll need to track down the normal variant.

Then what's the point of buying from nimble? Jesus fuck, it's only worth buying weapons with their own scopes or what.

Feels like a bug. The description in that screenshot highlights a top-mounted Picatinny rail, so it should accept scopes.

I played 20 minutes of Shadow of Chernobyl last night. Is there a recommended difficulty for this game? I thought I heard somewhere long ago that you should play on master but I died ten times on that first mission. Can I play a low difficulty without feeling like a pussy?

Just persevere - the first hour or two of the game can feel very unforgiving due to terrible early game weapons. Corner creep, crouch/liw crouch, use ironsights and always go for headshots. Once you get an AKSU or an MP5 (AKS-74U or Viper 5 in-game), the gunplay improves significantly, and it gets even better once you get a proper AK-74.

Finally remembered to upload the webm that failed on last thread

if user can re-upload the non musical version again, I may be able to merge the full music here

Ideally, it's the ability to buy high-end weapons (and faction specific armor from Outfit Addon without having to join said faction) at jew-tier prices without having to find them out in the world. That FN2000 thing is an unfortunate oversight.

It's definitely an oversightThe easiest fix would probably be swapping it with wpn_fn2000 in his trader file so he sells the functional one.

If you aren't modding it, just play on Stalker difficulty. Raising the difficulty just makes you do less damage (weapon damage is globally lowered), but your base resistances and dodge chance are heavily reduced so enemies end up doing significantly more damage to you. Master is highly recommended if you're modding it and fix the trash-tier gunplay, but with vanilla, just do Stalker which is a reasonable balance of incoming and outgoing damage.

I- what?
WELL HOLY SHIT, thanks for the tip, do you have any tips to disable the BTR-60 at Agroprom too? i want to see it happen just so i can snipe the military without that thing shooting at me on sight.

It's still fucking cheaper than the ones the regular jewish merchants peddle, and most of the weapons you'll get later on is mostly from the Monolith (i mean jesus those fucks pack a fucking gauss + RPG-7 on the same squad, thank god Duty already killed most of them) or Mercenary drops. But Nimble's specialty has always been high-end armour anyway
Isn't Master makes you do more damage / accurate too? I mean i kill off bandits faster when i'm on Master compared to other difficulties, and getting shot at is no biggie when you got cover, plus having armor is overrated, exo is only worth it for the extra 40 kgs you could carry.

Also i need a little advice here from you fags, i got 200k RUs from hoarding artifacts, and what do you fags will recommend me on high-tier armor that i should get?
The exoskeleton?
or
The Skat-9 (where can i get this other than from Duty?) + Tac Helmet / Sphere M12 Helmet?
I'm still Vanilla CoC btw

Unfortunately, no, that's a myth that's constantly regurgitated. In SoC, weapon damage is globally lowered as you raise the difficulty, (see the hit_power line in each weapon ltx) while the player's base resistance and dodge chance are massively tanked, so the net result is you do much less damage (about 30% less going from Novice to Master), while enemies do significantly more. In CS and CoP (and CoC), the only change is the player's base resistance and dodge chance are massively tanked, weapon damage is flat across all difficulties.
No you don't. As I've explained above, in SoC you're doing less damage on Master, and in CS/CoP/CoC, you're doing the same damage across all difficulties. Player accuracy is completely unaffected, so what you're experiencing is the placebo effect.

Fuck off back to cuckchan. Also nice to have confirmation that it's largely newfags from cuckchan that accuse people of being Plebbit.

Okay, so I got CoC installed and AO3 + Better Torch added. How do I make Warfare not fuck up every fucking thing involving factions?
Also I'd like to mod the game so that it has the best possible graphic too. What should I be using? I'm using Ultra Graphics addon but I'm pretty sure it's just an ENB, and I really like its color balance. I'm also using Absolute Nature Redux but the grass doesn't look anywhere near as lush and thick as the screenshots show. And the environment still look mostly the same except in low light condition (psi-storm or at night) which looks gorgeous. But I still want to have a good-looking environment when there's daylight.

I have SoC on steam and have never really played a STALKER game before. Are there any essential patches or mods I need to install?

Ideally you want to play vanilla first so install ZRP, it's an unofficial patch that fixes leftover bugs, it also adds some optional modifications like adding a mechanic, but you can turn those optional mods off if you want a completely vanilla experience.

I've already got a couple of saves, will ZRP break them? It's not a big deal if it does, I can just restart since Nimble died in an army raid that I caused and it makes me feel bad.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it does.

Personally I'd go with STCoP.
By not installing Warfare until it's done
Autumnal Winds (natural environments) + Absolute Structures (buildings) + SWTC (skybox). For your grass, fuck around with r detail_radius and r detail_density. Do note that you really need to run -noprefetch or you're going to get frequent OOM crashes. You'll have slightly shittier load times, but if you're running it on a nice SSD and using DX9, your load times shouldn't be longer than ~2 seconds anyway.

Depends. If you plan on replaying the shit out of the series, you may want to start with Vanilla. If you just want the best experience straight out of the box, there's a variety of mods I'd recommend based on your personal preference.

Fucking gookmonkey.

r __detail_densityr __detail_radius

I tried STCOP when I was playing CoC for the first time but I couldn't for the life of me find a Nugget. Was Nugget added to STCOP yet?

Unfortunately not yet, but it's included in the next version for 1.5, along with the SKS and several other weapons. Your slavshit innawoods arsenal will soon be complete.

No, that's the exact same reason I still stick to AO, no Moist Nugget. If STCoP added the Moist Nugget yesterday I'd switch over to it in a heartbeat. However, get hyped for the new weapons add-on that's gonna be added for CoC 1.5, don't remember what it's called, but it'll basically be an unholy union of a lot of weapons mods and from what I've seen we'll even get weapons that aren't in either mod (to my knowledge) like the PPSh

Yeah I want the most "vanilla" experience for my first play. Now am I to assume that artifacts are all worthless trash that I should just sell for money until I have some sort of passive radiation resistance?

It's not fair.

Most early-game artifacts are terrible, yes, but keep an eye out for Stone Blood/Meat Chunk/Soul which increase your health regen (equip them out of combat to heal up without wasting medkits) as well as Sparkler/Flash/Moonlight which increase your stamina regen, so you can sprint everywhere without giving a fuck.

The STALKER series died a hero before it had the chance to become a villain, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want a new STALKER.

Whatever happened to the Escape from Tarkov shills?

They probably got hired by someone else.

Artifacts to keep an eye out on:

Stamina regen (sparkler, flash, moonlight) - all Electro-spawned, usually only visible at night after 22:00. I tend to keep 2-3 equipped at all times, depending on their rank.
Antirad: either the Bleed line (thorn, crystal thorn, urchin) or the stamina drain line (droplet, fireball, crystal). The stamina drain is easily countered by the above stamima artifacts, the bleed is countered further below. You can find an urchin relatively early on.
Anti-bleed artifacts (slime, slug, mica). Only the slug and mica ones are really worth using. One mica is usually enough to eliminate the need of bandages altogether.

Situational:
Health regen (stone blood, meat chunk, soul) - use only outside of combat to heal up, they lower the resistances that matter the most in combat: bulletproof and rupture.
Elemental resists (shell, battery, pellicle, spring) - use these if you feel the need to wander into dangerous anomaly fields. Also, vanilla has a bug where if you equip 4 or 5 artifacts of the same type, pushing artifact resist above 100%, you can repair your suit by standing in the corresponding anomaly. Fixed in any self-respecting mod, including ZRP.
Mama'd beads - free 5% bulletproof with no negatives, what's not to like? Rare, though.

Also, be aware that artifact and suit resistances are multiplicative, so 50% artifact and 50% suit resist does not confer immunity.

I said it in another thread, but fuck CS and CoP for ruining those interesting artifacts. In SoC you have ones that drain your radiation through open wounds, 1800s doctor style, ones that make your cells regenerat faster, etc. In the later games almost every single artifact is +2 good thing, +2 radiation so you need two artifact slots for an anti radiation artifact just to use anything. Also detectors are stupid because how do you even pick up an artifact if it disappears without a detector open?
I just miss how SoC was pretty grim at times, and the encyclopedia with a section for campfire stories you pick up just made it a lot deeper. I remember one of the Freedom guys says that Skinflint fed a guy to a fruit punch anomaly over debts, which is a far cry from Freedom in the other two games ("le happy zone loving stoners").

Is there a solution to coil whine? I just figured out that the whine I hear in my earphones is actually coming from my GPU, evidently because it's pushing out like 5000fps. Is there a way to cap it at 60fps?

I think most games have a vsync option.

Common problem with games that have uncapped framerates on menus and shit. You can easily cap your framerate at the driver level with NvidiaInspector (probably a similar tool out there for AMDfags). Open it > click the screwdriver/wrench icon to the right of Driver Version > Under Sync and Refresh, set the Framerate Limiter to 120 > Click Apply Changes in the top right.

SoC really is the flawed master piece of the series.

Speaking of SoC, what are some really good mods for it that aren't Autumn Aurora 2?
I wanted to try something like Priboi Story but I couldn't de-patch my game to 1.0004
Also, can you just go L.U.R.K. plus AN and AS if you just want some sort of elevated vanilla?

Also, I played some DMM:AE again recently and I don't remember the guns ever feeling this bad, is there some way to remedy it?
Maybe I'm just spoiled from too much CoCk

It really is, I've beaten CS twice, I haven't beaten CoP once, but I've beaten SoC so many times I've lost count, if I had to guess I'd say around 15 times

AMK AE 1.4.1 is essentially AMK with some of the nicer AA visuals, and the tweak pack on the repo will give you some solid gunplay if that's what you're after. Alternatively, if you want to get a little bit crazy, and have a great PC (GTX 970 or better), OGSE is highly recommended.
Well, yeah. At this point, expect to tweak every mod to get the weapons feeling just right.

LURK really needs an update, I haven't played it in years but I think a few major complaints were that it went overboard with the bloody screen so real effects, and I think it removed artifacts entirely or just made them sellable with no effects if I remember right.
OGSE (or OGS: Remastered as its called now IIRC) is what I'd recommend for a vanilla+ playthrough, if I remember right it focuses on stablility, bugfixes and some graphical improvements over new weapons or gear. It only adds one or two new weapons if I remember right.
Actually, looking at the changelog now it seems like they did start to add dumb shit. A few years ago the mod was just focused on what I mentioned above.

The stories in CS and CoP just don't have the same weight to me. CS started out okay then Clear Sky just disappears from the game until Limansk when they all show up and have a kind of "r..re…remember us?" moment. And in CoP you're not even a real STALKER yet the Zone just throws friends and rubles at you left and right. The open maps were also crappy because the combat just becomes "take a sniper rifle, drop 2 Ferraris worth of money on upgrades and reach out and touch anyone who looks at you funny from across the map".

Holy shit thank you so much, it was driving me crazy. Now I need to save scum until Bes doesn't fucking die.

AMDfags have radeonpro

Coil whine isn't a software issue, it's a hardware issue that presents itself harder when there's more power going through your gpu (high gpu usage). I recommend you fix it but stressing your gpu less will help.
If you're going to do user's frame rate limiter trick I recommend you enable fast sync if on dx and triple buffering vsync if on opengl, then set your frame rate cap to (multiple of monitor's refresh rate + 1). For instance if you have a 60hz monitor set it to 121, 181 or 241. That's going to give you the lowest input lag you can get without gsync/freesync, remove tearing and if you can do those frame rates stable frame timings.

I've seen a CoCk mod that adds classic SoC artifacts. I first saw it when my friend found a Mica, and it had -bleed, -chemical and -burn resists.

OGSE nowadays is a completely different beast. It adds Darkscape, Dead City, Generators, CS swamp (a small bit of it), heavily modifies and lengthens the main story and adds a SHITLOAD of interesting side missions. How about a group of Duty renegades who have decided they'd had enough of Duty secretly peddling artifacts while proclaiming they want to destroy the Zone? And these renegades set their goal to be total destruction of any artifacts they get their hands on, which Duty is not happy about. Or how about a quest you get in Cordon that ends up spanning most of the Zone, about discovering the Klondike of artifacts? And then there are missions about the Dark Stalker etc.

Doesn't AMK require the game to be 1.0004 tho?

I tried narodnaya solyanka and it was a bit too slavic for my tastes. is OGSE similar?

I was always under the impression that LURK was pretty much just a weapons pack. Are there any other mods for SoC that just adds better quality weapons kinda like STCoP?

Fuck the end of SoC. Why would you turn your game into a call of duty grenadefest after having the most fun survival gameplay.

Holy shit i have been rused all these years
Eh, works for me

Atleast it ended in a (somewhat) high-note, and now the community is left with a good framework of a game that they can mod as they please.

embed related?

Somewhat related, i just stumbled upon an exploit in selling artifacts to beard in CoC
>repeat until you get the 'Heavy Coffers' achievement so you can let yourself be-jew'd more by other Merchants selling you more equipment with (((marked-up))) prices
Goddamn i miss when you actually have to earn money back in SoC, but might as well use those money into good use and then crank the difficulty to Misery

Nah, Narodnaya Solyanka is just so randumb the mod. It's the youtube poop of stalker mods. There really isn't anything like it out there, at least not english-translated.

It does, but it comes with a folder that you just copy-paste and then you're rolled back. If you're having problems with the rollback sticking, you're probably using the steam version. Just grab thepiratebay.org/torrent/11988900/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.__Shadow_of_Chernobyl_(GOG) and keep the installer laying around, and you'll be good to go if a mod ever requires a rollback.
NS2 is 300% crazy, OGSE is maybe 20% crazy.

You and most people. It's ridiculous how pervasive that myth is.

I have over 200 hours in a single NS2 playthrough, and this is actually a pretty accurate description.

Now you motherfuckers intrigue me, how is it youtube poop: the mod?

Is it the AMK 1.4 Autumn Edition 7z in the repo? Does the addons listed under "old AMK" work with 1.4?
If the rollback works then I might as well take the opportunity to check out Priboi and Secret Trails as well.

I have some weird ass russian repack of all the 3 games that I found on the bay ages ago.

So it's essentially SoC's version of Reborn?
I tried it and I thought it was fine until

For example, one of the first quests you can pick up is to return Wolf's Razor. The razor is located in the same tunnel where you'll find Nimble's jacket. As you approach that tunnel, ~8 "Swamp Beasts" (extremely high-tier Bloodsuckers that explode into Burner anomalies when they die) spawn and start charging you. Now keep in mind that you probably picked this quest up straight off the bat, ammo is basically non-existent in the beginning of the game. and they can kill you in one hit. If you manage to kill them, you'll find a footlocker in the back of the tunnel. When you loot it, dozens of nearly invulnerable zombies will spawn all around you, including those that have these insane radiation auras that can kill you by proximity alone in seconds. Now that you've triggered this spawn, even if you kill all of them, they will constantly respawn every day or so, and will assault the nearby campfire over the hill which is where a few important quest NPCs move to slightly later in the game, and obviously the quest NPCs will just get mowed down and destroyed if you don't immediately sprint over there and save them every time you go near them, or just make sure that you never allow them to get within your a-life switch distance.

Basically the entire game is like that.

Ideally grab the 1.4.1 version from the Repo, along with the tweak pack in the same folder. As far extra AMK addons, I wouldn't worry about those, AE is pretty damn feature rich right out of the box.
If you're talking about the RG Mechanics repack, I used that before I "upgraded" to GoG installers, and the rollback works with it.
Yes to both.

As far as YTP stalker mods go I think this one would take the cake though

Hey, I know that face.

OK so I tried Narodnaya Solyanka and holy shit do I love it and hate it at the same time.

I tried installing AMK and the 1.0004 patch but now the exe just crashes on launch.

Yeah, that's about right.

Whenever someone had that happen in /sg/, one of the following would fix it 90% of the time: If you installed ENB, reinstall it and don't use ENB, otherwise follow the installation instructions very closely.

I did not install the ENB imo it makes the game look worse
It starts just fine if I rename the gamedata folder so I guess something didn't go right when I was installing the mod.

The PPSh is in CoM if you want to have a gander at it.

Did you remember to add -nointro and -noprefetch to the shortcut target line?

Awww shit, I remember it now. I remember that Duty Renegade mission too, and I got the artifact to get me out but every time I walked past that gas station the renegades would be outside and hostile. And then some shit happens with Duty where they either execute you or you escape but they're permanently hostile. Is there a way that I can still find the old good OGSE before all of that junk?

Yes

But what I didn't remember to was to clear the old gamedata folder

but it does have a mosin, at least the CoM version does.

Alright, it seems to work fine now. Does AMK AE come with the AA2 shaders as well btw?
Also now that I have 1.0004 properly installed and working I can finally check out Priboi and Secret Trails Have you tried any of those? are there any other good mods that only work on 1.0004?

In the optional folder there's AA2's ENB shader settings, but besides that, I don't know. As for PS and ST, I've avoided both for a variety of reasons. For PS, it's too far off from what I would consider a good base, gameplay-wise, for me to put in the work to get it in alignment with my tastes, and ST just isn't where I'd want it to be from a stability standpoint.

What a garbo movie

Killing those Dutyers does not affect your standing with Duty, actually. If you want the old OGSE without the extra quests, play 0.6.9.2.

Oh cool, thanks.
They need to learn how versions work. I've had this image for years but never found a better time to post it.

I think they wanted to be clever and have 0.6.9.3 be the final version of the mod, seeing as the numbers kinda look like most of the logo (0=O, 6=G, 3=E). The only discrepancy is the 9, which should've been a 5 for maximum likeness, but here they had to work with existing versioning.

What

Working as intended.

STCOP does this with a bunch of 5.56 weapons too.

This never happened with AO. Did STCoP use flat recoil reduction and make it possible to reduce recoil so much it goes into negative or something?

in AO3 the bizon and 550 can go down with a suppressor attached. but barely, you wont notice unless you go through 2 mags

all the values are initialized as doubles so yes they're able to go into the negative. there's really no way around it unless you make it absolute value which would just cause the recoil chart to horseshoe back

The more I try STCoP the more I find it broken, and not in the good sense of the word.

Shotguns are weak as fuck in STCOP. Unless you're on the receiving end of one, then prepare to get fucking bamboozled down to 5 health and find your armor at 90%. This is especially annoying in the Bandit depot where there's almost always an enemy with a semi auto shotgun.
The sad thing is that OWR and AO are just different flavors of "how did this get past playtesting".

Use this mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw

What's with this weird effect on the grass in OGSE? Just installed it and it seems all the grass in the center of my FOV gets a black outline, while the grass in my peripherals doesn't. Framerate also seems a bit janky, I disabled DOF effects but is there any other things that give a good boost to framerate by disabling/tweaking?

Yes I got the same effect. You've got to turn off anything related to SSAO and HBAO, I think that worked for me. AMD card?
If you're the user asking earlier, I'd do what says and install 0.6.9.2 instead.

Do you suck dicks OP?
And why are you recommending the user to play the mod on Master and not Vanilla if higher difficulties supposedly don't affect the damage you do to NPCs?

Are you drunk, fam? I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say.

No, but you must be drunk to state that Master difficulty globally reduces the damage you do to NPCs

I think it's NVIDIA, just playing on the family rig. More quests sounds good to me so I'll use the latest version. Disabling global illumination seems to have fixed the weird grass, thanks.

Any other tweaks for OGSE people recommend? I noticed there's a droprate modifier for Exo suits and outfits in general, should I make this lower so they don't drop like candy or are the base values reasonable?

Honestly, it's just getting sad at this point.

Ah yes, this random line of code with no indication over which entity deals the damage and that for some reason has a random edit listing the difficulties in an order that isn't a growing one is totally legit and not ambiguous at all.

Lets just ignore all the empirical evidence towards Master difficulty attenuating the human bulletsponges.

I think he's getting confused with the health of the stalkers and how "master"-rank stalkers have a shit ton of health. visual armor means nothing to npc's, it's all about their rank.

he edited it and took a screenshot. if he used that file it would use the last value (1.10) no matter the setting since it would reinitialize it from .85 to .90 to 1.00 to 1.10

Which game/mod is your .ltx for?

Oh, like when you linked gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=240 in an attempt to back up your argument when that post completely goes against when you were claiming, and then you just disappeared from the thread until it fell off the board, only to return to the next thread and start shitting it up again as if the last thread had never happened and you've been doing in nearly every thread since?

No, he's the "time to kill is lower on master!!!!!" autist.

Heh, how much do you want to bet? Do you want to put some money down on this?
I can show you how to confirm this in moments. Again, are you willing to put down some money? Say, a $60 steam game gifted to the winner's account?

Hes not
Hes actively trying to prove that Master difficulty doesn't affect the time you take to kill most enemies.
And while there are a ton of shit tier crackpot theories on why that is so, the fact remains that higher difficulties from "better aligned rounds with less gun spread" to the more obvious one like "you deal more damage"make the enemies easier to kill.

I've been playing this game since 2007 and I do a playthrough of SoC every year.
And its pretty blantant, you don't even need to go that far ingame to realize that, Nimbles hostage rescue and the Makarov pea shooter you get is all you need to feel the difference.

Whatever it is the time you take to kill NPCs, at least human ones is decreased for whatever reason and you can visibly see and feel this while playing the game.

Just in case anyone here actually thinks there's even a remote possibility that isn't full of shit and just making shit up like he always does; his completely baseless claims are in direct contradiction to NatVac who is responsible for the vast majority of ZRP, who has done ridiculously in-depth write-ups on this issue, while difficultysperg just rants about his feelings without ever directly addressing any points. Pic VERY related.

Read this: gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_page=&thm_id=23742&page=1&sort=ASC&sec_id=11 and then consider filtering that autist.

Also wondering how long until realizes that the ltx he posted wasn't actually from Vanilla SoC. Will he admit fault? Will he pretend it never happened? I'm interested in seeing how that one turns out.

Do you know if he's adding that one russian pump shotgun from StCoP, the one with a wood grip and full wooden stock? I prefer it to the Remington because the model is nicer and the animation for running and walking with it is less janky, even though it has less capacity.

CWP is going to be based on STCoP if I'm not wrong.

You forgot to post this one by the same modder.
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

Lets also completely disregard the fact that fucking Metro does this same exact thing and actually advertises it on Ranger difficulty upping the damage done by both you and the enemy players.

Correct. The MP-133 is still there.

I didn't forget shit. Read the fucking OP.
What the fuck does Metro have to do with anything? Are you retarded? Read this post.

if you want to name games that change damage at different difficulties you should name all of them.

Amazing

Still waiting on your response to . You do understand that you fucked up, right? Here's the vanilla w_abakan.ltx values for each game. Note the ascending damage values in SoC that I labeled in (which was for the SVD, so you can go confirm those numbers as well) which are then confirmed in

Don't know what you thought you were going to get away with posting an obviously modded file when it takes seconds to extract the vanilla databases, or shit, take a trip over to the unpacked gamedata repo that I posted in the OP and download the files yourself.

I'm aware
I'm also aware that the games are about as similar as any survival fps

that ending, my sides

I'm just going to play it on different difficulties and make some webbums tomorrow to end this bullshit.

Exactly. That right there is an extremely simple test that anyone can conduct in about a minute. It will confirm that the damage values are indeed tied to Master/Veteran/Stalker/Novice in that order (as labeled in ), and it will confirm that weapon damage is indeed lowered as you raise the difficulty in SoC with the Vanilla values.

que?

Turn wet surface reflections down to low, they make the framerate chug unless you have a beefy rig. Also, as usual, turn down sun rays, shadows etc until you feel comfortable with the performance. And yes, turn off ambient occlusion, it sucks dicks as they decided to follow the Far Cry 3 example.

You fucking retard, you come in here and claim to have played from Shadow of Chernobyl while you don't even know how fucking hit_power worked before CoC, posting some fucking meme shit that has nothing to do with STALKER.

Here, a fucking image that I just pulled from AO2.2 from CoP, not even fucking CoC you fucking newfag trying to fucking fit in.

GET THE FUCK OUT

yep that is it!

Just played SoC in both Master and Stalker diff.
It checks out, Master does not decrease the time you take to kill enemies.

I was wrong
And made a huge deal about it like a fag, I apoloogize.

Fucking enemy stun animations really make things random though, most enemies thanks to that took around 7-8 rounds to the chest to kill thanks to that animation.
I killed a Bandit which was still sitting down with 4 rounds to the arm though.

The animation also doesn't do anything, from what I remember, it's actually something to do with Time_To_Kill. Ask that other user.

It's time_to_aim, and it's already explained in the pic in this post

That's what I thought. To be fair to the user it does look like an animation issue (I thought it was until maybe ~6 months ago and I've been playing STALKER for almost a decade) and he did admit to actually being wrong (a rare occurrence on Holla Forums).

Also this shit should be included in the OP, we do end up going through it every time a STALKER thread comes up.

spoiler alert

STALKER is extremely fucky when it comes to how some things work, hell when I played it back in the day I also legitimately thought that enemies went down quicker at Master than at Stalker (the difficulty I played when I played SoC for the first time all those years ago), I would spend a whole magazine point blank on some Spetsnaz dude when I could take him out much easily on Master, until some years down the line I've read NatVac's analyses about a lot of stuff in STALKER and found out that the time_to_aim bullshit was the main culprit behind many of my misconceptions, when the thing that actually happened is that I was naturally better at every subsequent playthrough after the first because I had gotten used to STALKER's gunplay, so of course enemies went down easier, especially since headshot a lot of the times instakill.

feels good doesn't it?

Thank fuck this shitshow of an argument is finally over.
It's hard to blame you tho since that myth is still so insanely perpetuated within the stalker community

Well that was a long time coming, but in the end, I'm genuinely impressed that you manned up and admitted you were wrong. That's definitely a rare occurrence around here. 8f54c9 apparently chose the "fuck off and pretend it never happened" option.

Nailed it, time_to_aim is the culprit there.

There's the link for gameplay quirks/myths which has all of the info, but I should probably make an easy to digest infographic explaining those mechanics, so one doesn't need to go read page after page on the subject.

I think that right there could be responsible for why some people really dig their heels in. They were told that they kill things faster on Master, and their expectation was matching reality, because they were killing things faster, but faster in comparison to their previous playthroughs, not other difficulties in the same playthrough for a side-by-side comparison. Even with a side-by-side comparison, time_to_aim can throw a monkey wrench in that if they don't know what it is or how it works.

Long time STALKER, first time modder here. Did I fuck up with making Autumn Aurora 2 as my first mod? I'm enjoying it, but I never see it mentioned in these thread.

On master difficulty the diet sausage creates less toilet paper toward the endgame/wish granter.

Well they did call it Clear sky

Not at all, it is one of the best mods for SoC in general.

There were discussions of it whole last thread.

only thing you fucked up is that now you're spoiled for the rest of the mods for SoC

So what exactly does this fix do? Balancing damage across the table? Or does it only fix ridiculous shits like shotgun being nodamejlul and Vintorez having 100 damage?

Ain't that the truth.

Specifically balances the hitbox multipliers in m_stalker (human NPCs) so you'll have reasonably realistic damage across the board. In other words, you'll deal about the same damage to NPCs in equivalent gear as they can do to you, and if you use the increased npc accuracy profile, they'll aim almost as good as you do as well if you really want to step up the challenge, but in a way that feels fair.
The buckshot damage is definitely screwy out of the box (40 extremely weak projectiles, for some reason), while Slugs are very powerful. Just for you, I went and properly balanced STCoP's buckshot using 9x18 as a base for in-game damage, along with real-world values. So 9x18 FMJ, we get 0.35 damage at a 1.0 multiplier. 9x18 FMJ gives us about 231ft/lbs of energy, so we'll say that 231ft/lbs = 0.35 damage. With your typical #00 load, we're getting 9 ~54gr projectiles shot at ~1200FPS, with each projectile having 172ft/lbs of energy, or about a 25% loss in overall power. Since shotguns have a hit_power value of just over 1.0, that's close enough, and 75% of 0.35 is 0.26, so that's our new damage value per buckshot. 9 pellets each dealing 0.26 damage, or about the equivalent of shooting the target 6.6 times with the makarov, which is going to be pretty close to real-world performance. Spread is also moderately reigned in, since realistically buckshot has 1"/yard spread.

This tweak nicely fits in with the default values used for Slugs, so now there's a meaningful choice between the two. With Buckshot, you have slightly more damage, with the spread giving you some wiggle room in the ability to land a lethal hit, at a cost of reduced range, reduced armor penetration, and reduced accuracy compared to Slugs.

Put this in gamedata/configs/weapons: mega.nz/#!IUt2UAyI!dFbiw8dAyl-XNImg7CpvRRovYnqGfDGZlLIlJNl-6N8

As for the VSS appearing to do a ton of damage, it definitely deals quite a bit, but you shouldn't put too much stock in the visual damage bar display for weapons. For example, while a shotgun is going to display a tiny little sliver of damage, with a slug you've got a hit_power value of about 2.2. Compare that to the AK74, which is going to have a significantly larger "damage bar", yet only has a hit_power value of 0.5 with normal ammo. The damage bar is really only useful for comparing the weapon against other weapons in the same class that use the same ammo.

Is the unpolished and somewhat poorly translated stuff in OGSE part of the charm? It gave me a few chuckles and I found the idea of the car cool (if I get into stalker modding I want to try making something similar for CoC) but overall I don't really feel like continuing after getting about 4-5 hours in.

Literally confirmation bias.

Where are you at right now? I'd say the modb doesn't really kick in until you visit darkscape.

This is a good idea, I'd probably also include the info from the ZRP page about how gun stance, ammo type and particularly weapon condition affect accuracy (that last one isn't shown in the weapon stats ingame).

AA2 is generally considered to be the best 'polished vanilla-like' mod similar to how AMK is the best 'hardcore slav experience' mod, it just isn't mentioned about because AA2 doesn't have much to talk about: it's competently made and gives you exactly what it says on the tin. Do check out AMK Autumn edition for a merge of both mods.

I just wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that AA2 is vanilla but better. It is better than vanilla, but it changes too much to be anything like vanilla. It adds weapons, changes encounters, rebalances - it's much more invasive than, say, complete.

I'd agree, hence 'vanilla-like' rather than 'vanilla+'. The difference between AA2 and Complete is that AA2 doesn't try to be vanilla+ so it actually makes some significant changes instead of being a halfway house.

It might be a bit late for this one, but what exactly does the AMK mod do/change?

Thanks. I'll check it out after this play though
I'm disappointed in AA2 the guy doesn't say "get out of here, STALKER" anymore

Whats a good fast travel mod? I'm a little tired of running through area just to retrieve one thing and then turn around.

It completely changes the gulag system, making it dynamic and random. In case you didn't know, a gulag in STALKER is an area that defines what kind of enemies/NPCs spawn, how far they are allowed to roam, how fast they respawn, etc. In vanilla stalker and most mods, gulags are relatively rigid - they can have randomized respawn time, for instance, but for the most part they just spawn in pre-set entities every time. AMK randomizes them significantly, which required a SHITLOAD of scripting - they probably have a dozen or so script files dedicated to this.

AMK also introduced dynamic anomalies - which would spawn randomly (within reason) after every blowout. This was a huge cause of grief for me many times, when there were gravitational anomalies in Kruglov's path, making him instantly ragdoll and failing the escort quest. I think there are some AMK modmods that fix this issue for areas where important NPCs have a set path.

Finally, AMK was the first mod to introduce artifact respawning, and also added artifact transmutation.

Why is STALKERSOUP so shit lads? It's filled with shitty invisible undetectable anomalies that destroy your suit as soon as you touch them. Only like a third of the anomalies are detected by the anomaly detector, some of which are completely invisible either until you touch them or permanently. Who thought this was a good idea?
Unrelated to that, has anyone else tried the SAH mod for CoC? It allegedly adds in over 1000 new artifacts.

Let me guess. You never played CS.

Play it, beat it, and then you'll get it.

Now get out of here. Rookie.

CS should be played for educational reasons, and only for those. It can also be used as a punishing tool for hardened criminals. Unpatched.

I played/finished CS on release. Awful game, but I always pick up the CS armor in CoP and pick CS in any freeplay/faction mod; that bitter fight through Chernobyl, a meatgrinder in which I watched named NPC's I'd come to know get killed off, the whole faction being destroyed as the spearhead rushed the NPP, it left an effect on me the other games didn't. Shit game though.

I actually feel the same way. They're the definite underdog faction and their armor designs look sick.
They deserved a better game.

If Ashot and Yar weren't in vanilla CS there wouldn't be any reason to play it.

I played CS. And even then I had trouble finding the right path to go through.

The more I deal with STCoP, the more it feels like a fucking meme.

Limansk is such a well-designed location. As a slav, its architecture and layout produced deeply nostalgic feelings in me. But the way they implemented the area… Good god, what a travesty.

That was quite the surprise

Warfare mod is a chaotic mess. It's the first time I have killed more than 11 targets with a single granade.

Some places get filled with a fuckload of mutants or ABZ faction cause fuck you.

So wait now.
I wanna go through series again, I always played at master difficulty, should I change it?
What's the difference between difficulty in series?

Honestly, enemy technician behaviour is the best

But the Technician I'm talking about is from my faction
Even enemy technicians become neutral and let me repair even if jew prices are there but I'm fucking rich with Warfare mod due to so many bodies

The Zone has become a warzone and it's fucking crazy. This is how my inventory usually looks after killing a mob of around 20 stalkers, imagine my face when I saw what Jupiter was hiding from me.

That shits probably what Freedom gets up to when they're not stoned out of their brains.

Is there any game that can compare with modded Stalker's atmosphere and gun porn?

Some ArmA mods.
Nope, sorry.

One issue I have with Stalker is it tends to be pretty boring if there aren't enough things to fight, but at the same time having too many feels silly because it's basically a wasteland with a sparse population, if you actually killed hundreds of people you'd be heavily depopulating the place.

Conclusion: the environment isn't dangerous enough.

Yeah, it needs some random anomalies with variable sizes.
As a side note: Would be interesting if there was some rare event-like Blowout that spawned some mutants close to settlements, like AMK and variants.

How come there's no bird mutants? Obviously there's birds.

Imagine Bird Blowouts that are actually just a migration of flesh hungry mutant birds, you can take cover like an ordinary blowout or attempt to shoot the ones attacking out of the air.

Fallout 4
Fallout 4

I'm imagining flying Tushkano and am now glad no one made something like that, because the only way I could think of a way to make Tushkano more annoying is by giving them the ability to fly.

No

Does AMK AE have blowouts enabled by the way?

Only Mercenary left. Here's to hoping they get shit done.

They only have 4 enemy factions (like Clear Sky) meanwhile most of the rest have more, Only Loners and Ecologist have less.
Mercenary have 5, Freedom and Military have 6, Monolith and Bandits have 8.

In other news, Jupiter has been 100%'d Prypiat is next. I just hope I dont find a fuckload of Ecologist negating me 100% of the map they're the most annoying fucking faction in Warfare mod. For fucks sake they even took the main Military base once when it got assaulted by a hundred clear sky men and refused to give it back.

I see nothing wrong here.
Wat

Duty fags, not ever once.

I find however interesting how some granades can get stuck in the air visually even if they explode and deal damage. I also found the culprit.

I've only ever seen AS Val being sold by Clear Sky.

Well I'm liking Military alright

Are there any good gun mods for CoC yet?
I want more adventures with scientist friends and getting fucking rich out of mutants.
Also, are there any manual reload mod for SoC? Radiophobia is pretty fun, but the auto reload ruins everything.

mercs best faction

Try CoM, it doesn't have auto reloads, adds a lot of guns and has pretty good gun balance compared to AO, STCoP and stuff, the only downside is a few of the guns have really ugly models.

I mean, I like them too, but their gun selection is full of long-ranged rifle.

Are bloodsuckers supposed to be virtually impossible to kill in AMK?

I have a new issue in AMK now where I just die like 30 seconds after my latest save no matter what I do.

I have a new issue in AMK now where I just die like 30 seconds after my latest save no matter what I do.
What the fuck is that shit about? What am I supposed to do?

too bad their armor is basically in the same tier and doesn't hold a candle to the mil/duty skat9 or exo's

>not just looking what looks coolest hint: it's the nbc suit from outfit addon
sad

I said too bad, I didn't say don't use it

I'm thinking about doing a Slav Cowboy run in CoC AO3. Leather Trenchcoat for armor as it's the closest I can get to a duster (can upgrade to Bandit Commander armor later since the coat covers the armored suit), MP-REX for sidearm, and break action shotgun for longarm. I wanted to use the O/U one, but I found out those only started coming into prominence after the Wild West period, so since the S/S shotgun is the only choice, effective combat will only be taking place at med to close range. The cloth mask will be my headgear, but this already sounds ball bustingly hard since I'll have to get up close and personal with all my weapons, can't silence any of them, and my armor sucks. I'm wondering if I should give myself a little leeway and allow the helmet that upgrades to have nightvision, since it kind of resembles what the New Vegas Rangers wear and those are basically post-apoc cowboys.
I also thought about allowing the Mosin Nagant, but turns out that bolt actions weren't really in use on the frontier, just lever and single shot types.

Whoops, didn't mean to link to

Just play in Azazel mode and hope death brings you to someone with good armor. COC royally fucked the entire concept of armor. Combine that with faction wars and AO3 and it gets actually interesting, though at least one of those things completely fuck the balance.
This is the first time since some retarded russian mod with the "hardcore" (read: either misses or kills you no matter what armor you have) aim that decides part of the storyline should throw you into the NPP against exosuit monolith while you are forcibly given nothing but a leather coat, SPAS with dart rounds, and one medkit to get through it all that I've considered lowering the difficulty from master.

You've got a serious problem and I'm afraid it's inoperable. It's called the fucking xray engine.

Limansk is slightly retarded, it was designed in COP just like the hospital to be a purely linear straight line experience for the endgame.I don't remember there being anything in particular at that point. Learn how to post screenshots and maybe people can show you what's happening.

If this is COC, talk to them. Traders were actually useful in every other game and mod, even in "lol git gut it's hard and it's totally logical to be in eternal poverty while other stalkers walk around in exosuits" Misery. COC traders are pure shit.
I'm assuming this isn't vanilla because I don't remember 40mm grenades being very common in situations where the GP25 or M203 wasn't also pretty easy to find.

LOLNO
>laughably bad acting even by free game standards the protagonist of Deus Ex Nihilim was a $80/line professional by comparison

MASTER. Resistances affect both player and enemy. You can play on novice, but when you're taking thousands of bullets without needing to care, so are all the enemies you're shooting.

>leaving out the fact that the events of CS caused C-Consciousness to not only mistake Strelok for some random guy and give him a mission to kill himself, turn Scar into the leader of the Monolith, and convince Lebedev to join and become the guy Strelok later talks to inside the NPP but also significantly worsen the state of the zone in retaliation for people getting too close
Holy shit the attention to detail in a meme image, I think that's actually absurdly accurate recreation of that camp in Cordon other than the trees being alive and the radiation sign.

Framerate capping, and having higher quality sound card that isn't pressing directly against the GPU.

>CS: story of how Strelok became Marked One while being voiced by Yuri Lowenthal using his annoying high pitched voice instead of something more appropriate like 95% of the characters in the game, some hints at things that came to be in in SOC, and 80% "look at this badly implemented and buggy faction war system that barely works, distract yourself with this!"
>COP: immediately get some respect because you've as far as anyone knows manually made your way this deep in the zone and they need some way to allow you the option to side with one faction or another, wander around researching a mystery with laughably bad voice acting, end up learning it's fucking nothing and entirely just "military doesn't know anomalies move around during emissions, what losers haha oops this actually never happens in game and is just assumed to occur between games", at least the side/optional missions are deeper and have more weight

Are you sure you don't mean the old cut swamp level that was supposed to be in SOC? A modified and expanded version of that is what the CS swamp became.

There used to be a "Sidorovich edition" of AMK that made it work with 1.0005, but it mysteriously disappeared from moddb.

git gud

It's a meme in every incarnation, even the translated and improved STALKERSOUP variation. The embodiment of "throw as much shit as inhumanly possible into the same thing, hope it doesn't crash every 30 seconds, and have zero quality control". Shit animations, translation still isn't remotely coherent, quests that are stupidly difficult, quests that never tell you the objective requires you and only you to directly kill the enemy (this means explosives going off will not count) or you'll silently fail it. As in nothing tells you you failed, nothing will happen, the guy will be dead but the quest still says you need to kill him. It's shit. It's fucking shit.

Well it's not like I can patch the game to 1.0005 anyway.
Someone really should upload the patched 1.0005 bin and .db to MEGA repo just like how 1.0004 is uploaded for the AMK AE mod.

This myth has already been debunked several times in these threads and in this very one as well. Please stop spreading it.
MASTER actually makes you do less damage in SoC

I am quite sure that the OGSE swamp is from CS, just with invisible walls blocking everything north and west of the pumping station.

I just realized that in STCoP 5.45 costs more than 5.56. What the fuck?

I believe so.

My guess is sleep deprivation.

Base value of 5.45 FMJ is 1800, and 2100 for 5.56 FMJ. Actual cost is going to depend on each trader's price multipliers. If you want to globally fuck with the prices without messing with each trader's file, open weapon_ammo.ltx, find the ammo you want to edit, and change the 'cost' line

Yup, i also found out that (primary fire) knife is so shit that i think it actually dealt no damage at all
>savescum till he gives up FUCK THAT RANDOM CHANCE

Well, I reloaded a much earlier save and played past that part and I still haven't run into the same problem again.

Is there any way to noclip or temporarily increase jump height or something while in CoC? I'm mostly fighting at range and keep seeing nice shooting locations that would be feasible for a human to climb on top of, but obviously can't actually manage in game. Note this needs to be doable in console or something, exiting the game to modify an ltx file or every time I want to get up somewhere doesn't appeal to me.

An ability to climb up ledges or at the least carry barrels/crates around would be really nice in future releases for this kind of thing.

actor.ltx. The term will be something like jump_speed or something, but make no mistake, it affects height, too.

heyyyy, original is pretty gud
where can we learn slav?

Actually I just discovered if you press enter while in fly mode after using record_demo you teleport to the camera location, which is basically noclip.

Well, higher jump is still welcome in general gameplay. There is also a way to change actor hitbox and eye height when low crouching, essentially turning it into prone. Then you can crawl into all sorts of places you're not supposed to be, like under trucks or fences.

pls not this again.

Ayy. For learning slav, you could use Duolingo. I know Russian is supposed to be very difficult for native english-speakers though.

I made a webm of that a while back when an user was asking if changing that height would actually change what your "world" model (and thus, hitboxes) were doing for cover purposes. Unfortunately that didn't appear to be the case, although I didn't extensively combat test it, so who knows. Can confirm that you can indeed get into all kinds of interesting areas, though.

Probably have to fuck around with animations themselves if you want it to affect your combat hitboxes.

What mods and what stalker are you playing?

That was just CoC with STCoP and OA.

What's your preferred weapon for stalkan' the zone?

I've got a scoped and silenced AKS-74 that suits me just fine. It seems right to be using a random AK I looted off a dead bandit.

The most precise assault rifle available to me. Usually this means NATO caliber rifles, they have the highest average accuracy, especially in games/mods that let you upgrade them.

what is that ungodly sound in the webm?
how long till nuclear war and we live in the "zone"?

Sounds like metal, could possibly be metal pipes in the fire

I wonder if it's something as simple as just buncha hot gas escaping from a tiny crack.

Hey it's that user who was asking about the Artifact Hunter mod on CoC.
I've figured out how to research artifacts finally, if you find a rank 2 higher artifact that you do not have the recipe for, you just need to select the artifact you want to learn about in the transmutation menu on the right side and click on Result to begin studying, when it's ready you will have the full recipe for that artifact and you will retain the artifact you studied!

Playing CoC + STcoP. Where do you get the good guns? I've been using an AK74 for an age and haven't been able to loot or buy anything better.

I've used an silenced and scoped AK-74SU throughout the whole game, it's enough to deal with pretty much any situation.

You can usually get new guns as quest rewards.

Can you overdose on drugs in Misery?

Such is life in the zone.

which stalker?

the power of bargaining

CoC with STCoP. No other addon involving the economy.

Hey can anyone tell me if there's something similar to Atmosfear for Call of Chernobyl?

Yes
Grenades do wonders to them. An F1 can knock them silly.

Guess what the weakspot of s bloodsucker is in AMK. The back of their heads. This is why explosives work.

CoC already has Atmosfear built in

What do the flashdrives do? Using them bring up something about an item or something and their value is crap. In the other games, they were used for missions but what do they do in CoC?

What am I doing wrong?

i paid for stalker

Awesome, thanks for the info.

CoC is kind of boring me. I'm thinking about doing a modded SoC playthrough. Where should I start with SoC mods?

amk

Is it your first time playing?

FEMALE
BLOODSUCKERS

why

ray

you know, if it wasn't for the dick in the end this would of been hot

You're using the SAH mod, which adds in the ability to cook artefacts using an item you buy from Sakharov. The USBs give you recipes to use in that item.

Never played before, but have had gaymes forever

give me what mods I should start with and what game to put them in, I'll figure out how to put the mods in eventually after it's the weekend

I installed that mod and basically had no idea what it did or added. Thanks for letting me know, I'll test it out now. Sad thing is that the ecologists hate me. Every time I go to that base, I'm forced to murder everyone there.

And even if It ever gets released, It wont be open-source Nor feature server-hosting.

I don't know if it's the right place for it, but I'm looking for the best translation of both "Roadside Picnic" and "The Desire Machine". I already got this one:
mega.nz/#!sSgUzJ4K!7cWmRzWFsy_kaoD73v_ISPH-q6-HTWc5AXd7kNfHkpE

But I didn't find the second one. If somebody has a pdf of this or even a full scan of the Soviet Literature Monthly Magazine #2 -1984, it would be great.

I want a translation of all the books, but I haven't heard of that yet.

Anyone got a link for Clear Sky with all recommended patches?

Expecting an FPS when it's really an RPG with shooting.

except it is more of an FPS than anything of an RPG.

What? Even Fallout 3 is more of an RPG than STALKER. Beyond inventory management, quests/talking and statuses like bleeding and hunger there are no RPG elements to speak of.

I would say weapon upgrades and different tiers of weapons and armor are the only rpg elements. which is funny cause all 3 of those are possible in real life.

I can help you with the mod, you consume flash drives to learn recipes for artifact transmutation, if you find any artifacts with chevrons on them that you don't have a recipe to, you can research it for that artifact's whole recipe for free. You're going to be killing people for a long time before you can find any recipes that you can do, or you can see if you can buy those as well as artifacts off of other fellow stalkers.
The hardest part is finding a veles or svarog detector to where you stop getting garbage from your boar detector.

Can you only buy the item thing from Sakharov if your not at an enemy of the ecologists? I went to the Yantar base, killed everyone, and talked to Sakharov but he didn't offer me anything but some medical supplies and two suits of armor. I even reloaded the save, but there wasn't any change in his items.

You buy Scientific containers through dialogue, they are not accessed from the trade menu, the larger the container, the heavier but the more complex artifacts you can make. If you're an enemy, a cheeki, or a lobotomite, as far as I know which so far is completely assumed, you are locked out of buying containers or using Sakharov for his transmutation services. There's still a chance that anomaly fields have an upgraded artifact instead of a basic one.

I'm playing as the best faction mercenary with the dynamic factions mod. I don't know what happened but they have nearly -2700 in the relations tab. Is there anyway to lower their hate towards me without doing quests?
I honestly think their hate had something to do with the several hit contracts I took on. Many times my faction was declared an enemy while I was fulfilling contracts, which I think is bullshit. If you got a contract on you, then you fucked up, and I shouldn't be hated for it.

Dynamic factions is not dynamic, it's fucking retarded. Just a disclaimer, this opinion was formed from others comments.
The relations works like this: You are killing bandits which means you are gaining positive rep from every faction that is an enemy to the bandits except the monolith. Freedom is not an enemy of the bandits so you are getting negative rep with Freedom because you are killing people the faction they are not hostile to. Because the Ecologists are not hostile to most of the factions, you will end up making an enemy out of them the quickest.

That just fucking retarded. At least it allows some change in the factions though.
I guess that's why I was allies with the bandits from the start. Other than us, monolith are the only other enemy faction to the ecologists.

Somebody on reddit helped me, he found the magazine and scanned it, so for anyone wanting to read more thing related to Roadside Picnic/Stalker:
mega:#!8bwUlLpR!I83VIcSe6BjWRF-ht2OCcE4OaBeq3jSFd-Y31Kii6Lk

yep, just kill monolith and EVERYONE will love you. the logic is completely dumb and i wouldn't even bother having it installed

Ask again because I don't know what the fuck you're asking.

Never played before, but have had games forever. Any strong suggestions on what mods I should start with and what game to put them in, I'll figure out how to put the mods in eventually

I see the mod list at the top in the OP but no idea where I should start

You don't need mods for a first playthrough.

Then which should I start with, SoC or CoP?

Never played before what exactly you mongrel. Most of us are discussing CoC here, there are 3 Stalkers and a "stand alone" mod that works as an entire game which is CoC.

If you're asking for which one you should start, as like in EVERY fucking game series, start with the first.
SoC > (Skip if you feel like it) CS > CoP > CoC.

CS is worth playing, but not worth finishing. It's only nice to notice what they improved upon SoC gameplay wise (and what else they destroyed). Then CoP is an improvement over SoC overall in almost everything except the atmosphere, because it's easier to have a better atmosphere in a linear way than in another one more open.

Judged as an FPS alone STALKER is a clunky game with far too much walking. What sets it apart from (and makes it better than), say, FC2 is that it embraces the fact it's largely an RPG instead of running away from it.

Also you missed out branching quests/side-quests, faction relations/joining factions, artefacts (essentially magic items), buff items (see: energy drink and later drugs in CoP), rpg-style looting (both mutants and humans), rank-tracking, stat management (this goes far, far beyond 'eat to not die' and 'bandage to not bleed')…
STALKER has many RPG elements they just are not broadcast to you. Most games would make a huge song and dance about how giving a downed NPC your medkit or not was a big moral choice, STALKER presents it organically and somewhat subtly and lets you decide in a similar manner. As mentioned above artefacts are essentially magic items (if they kept the same effects and were styled instead as 'amulet of healing' this would be obvious, alternatively think of them as DX's augmentations). Energy drink, Vodka, CoP's drugs etc are temporary buff items, essentially potions in classic RPG terms. How other factions/STALKERs treat you varies based on past actions and choices. On that note quests and side-quests, as well as being optional, also vary based on if you let faggots die and how your faction relations stand (this often locking many out). Hell some quests (arena fights too) are locked out based on your character's rank: something generated as a direct result of earning experience by completing quests and killing faggots. As for stat tracking a normal survival-horror FPS might track hunger and bleeding, it sure as fuck wouldn't have in-depth stats for everything from fucking psy damage to weapon condition to handling to stamina (effects by carry weight, equipment, equipment upgrades…). That's the level of detail you only see in RPGs and the occasional turn-based tactical game (a genre that often pushes up on Turn-Based RPG anyway). The game's multiple-endings idea would have been a major marketing point in most RPGs and the branch points would have been clearly signposted: SoC just lets you bother to keep important faggots alive/ask relevant questions/optionally explore caches and fuck up or not on your own. I haven't even touched upon things like party mechanics during quests and trading, trade-values being based on reputation etc. STALKER is great because you don't see the RPG strings being pulled and that allows for a degree of immersion you'll rarely get elsewhere but once you sit down and think it's all there.

tl;dr STALKER is an RPG wearing FPS clothing and it's a better game for it. How well each individual game in the series blends the two genres varies (myself and I think most others would argue for SoC doing it best) but they're all RPGs with shooting: if they had identical gameplay but were set in pseudo-medieval-Europe or the Cyberpunk near-future this would be an uncontroversial claim but STALKER's unique setting and lack of 'look at how subtle and cool our RPG mechanics are' is part of its greatness.

Oh shit what the fuck Chodemonkey.

Speaking of prices, there's also the fact that some traders will jew you more than others and also some traders will pay you more for a certain type of item, like Sakharov for example will pay out the ass for any artifact you bring him, which makes sense since the Ecologists' primary mission is studying artifacts. When you think about it the outside world in STALKER is probably better than ours, it's stated that the study of artifacts led to cures of various diseases. It's just that you don't really think about that since the Zone itself is such a depressing shithole.

This also, you're clearly meant to be interacting with actual characters rather than faceless vendors.
I get the impression that STALKER's Ukrainian cynicism would probably have those benefits limited to the richest of the rich.

It's actually suggested that the outside world is experiencing a boom in science, medicine and industry as a result of the smuggled and officially-extracted artifacts. It's just the stalkers, and player, are privy to the shit the artifacts are pulled from, like how coal workers in the 19th century had to deal with all the issues of coal mining so the steam engines could keep running for the rest of civilization.

(noice)
can you elaborate on this, on SoC at least I haven't noticed any difference on prices and will usually unload any extra stuff on the first guy that will buy it
apart from the very obvious "I want this item" I've never noticed them requesting any sort of item

Each trader has their own preferences for different items and will pay you more for them (except Sid, he'll just jew you for everything). Compare the price the ecologists will give you for artefacts and that from Barkeep for the most notable change. The Duty and Freedom traders (at least) will also give you better choices of goods (can't remember if they also give better prices in SoC) based on your reputation with the relevant faction (improved by sidequests etc). In later games this is more in-depth and you definitely get better deals from both faction relation and general reputation.

If you want a full list of price variation you can probably dig into the files and find out, a more experienced user will know.

does Aurora whatever changes commerce as well?
I do remember that most people won't accept all goods, but after playing the mod they would simply trade anything

No idea, again you'd have to dig into the files.
Probably it reduces condition requirements or something.