Slime rancher just released fully, how's the v1.0 like...

Slime rancher just released fully, how's the v1.0 like? I pirated the game when it was still in development and it was fucking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NickPopovich
twitter.com/PolygonCherub
bighouse.bungie.org/red/information.html
artstation.com/artwork/4v1rk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wug

what?

ah shit what, I thought you played a self insert boy/girl harvest moon style

how bad is it?

What the fuck is that?

It's annoying but from the version I played (like the 0.6 or something) you don't really notice if you ignore the mails you receive.
Basically, it's only the emails with the backstoy that point out you're a girl, I stopped reading them because I didn't give enough of a fuck.

Oh god.

Well now they flaunt it out proud in the main menu and whenever you go into the home.

Wasn't the faggot that made the game a Holla Forumsirgin?
I remember him doing a flash demo with you raising slimes way the fuck back, isn't this the same thing?

I dont mind playing a girl if she's cute but fuck this. Well I might still pirate 1.0 and see how the gameplay has changed anyway

I don't have a problem being a girl
a qt waifu seems perfect for a comfy game like this but jesus tapdancing christ what the fucking fuck is that
like holy fucking shit whats wrong with her face?

Mostly my computer being a fucking potato and the settings all completely turned down but its still not much better

does upping the graphics change her face-shape, nose, and give her eyes sclera?
I think your toaster isn't the problem user

Oh, no. No it doesn't then. It's just trashy.

Hopefully a modder will change the model eventually.
Shouldn't be too hard right?
Since it needs to look decent only for the idle moments where the model is shown.

Would someone share it for a /scurv/y boy?

Eh, until it doesn't affect directly the gameplay it's fine.

if the face is not merged with any geometry it would probably be easy to mod.

JESUS!

The game itself is comfy as fuck and actually fairly entertaining, the devs have done a good job on keeping in with updates and content. Art style is nice and gameplay is pretty straightforward. I was perfectly fine with the MC being a girl because it didn't feel shoehorned.

Problem now is she was made black to virtue signal, this is made apparent because one of the main devs is a Hillary worshipping turbokike that retweets anti-Trump rhetoric.

Was pretty disappointed that he couldnt just shut his fucking mouth and leave the MC ambiguous in terms of looks.

For me, it's hilarious when devs do that.
It's basically a sign that says "Pirate this game please".

Chances are a lot of people on Twitter telling that would probably send him into an incoherent kvetching fit, simply because he lost his shit when G2A asked if they could include slime rancher in a bundle to which he acted like a fucking autist in response.

Yea, I'll skip this.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How the fuck did these idiots make Spiral Knights?

This is a first person game isn't it? Why the fuck does the player need to have a model to begin with? Just to have an excuse to shove their degeneracy into the game?

I thought the game was about raising animals, not playing as one.

somebody mod this shit

(or at least change the texture to nigger lips so it's ironic)

No it's fucking not.

Like it was said, he's a virtue signaling turbokike. That's all there is to it.

twitter.com/NickPopovich

Apologies, this seems to be the guy who worked on the MC herself.

twitter.com/PolygonCherub

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's shit like this that made me leave social media entirely, and regret having ever been a part of it. Seriously, they better either make it not ugly as hell or at least let you change the color of skin/hear/clothes and shit. Although, I can already imagine them throwing a fit over people wanting to change her looks.
Reminder that the word "cuck" is a buzz word now, and if you use it you look like that second guy. It sadly wasn't untouchable in the way "fag" is.

These guys did Spiral Knights?! That makes this even worse.

I don't even have a twitter account, I just did some digging from their news page on steam. You and I both already know what's going to happen, the devs will call everyone some sort of leftist buzzword and virtue signal some more, and cry about how the nazis are attacking the character because she's black. This will go on ad infinitum.

Why would you waste development time on something so superfluous? This is beyond any reasoning.

Social media is a cesspool. The only use it has these days is to market your product, especially if you're a small developer. If you try to inform yourself or hold an actual exchange on any of these sites, it will fry your brain.

It looks like they rebuilt its face after a wild animal mauled it.

Since nobody else is going to talk about the actual game parts of the game, I might as well
Like most niche things I would be interested in, it's a great concept executed extremely terribly by a shitty studio
The core gameplay loop consists of you using your horrible feeling movement options to adventure out into the wilds(level design courtesy of M.C. Escher) with your general-purpose slime ranching gun to suck up wild slimes, bring them back to your farm, exploit them for natural resources to sell, and then using the money and shit you farm to get upgrades and items to go back out into the world to unlock new areas and get new slimes
The biggest problem with this is that the focus is on exploring the shitty environments instead of the supposed main attraction of slime ranching
The slimes are far too simple for their own good, raising them is like raising goldfish, whose poop you can sell for money
You can combine slimes together, but this combination leads to nothing new or nuanced, and only adds the effects of the two slimes together into one bigger slime, essentially just making the game easier since you can for example combine a slime that eats chickens with a slime that eats fruit so you don't have to actually raise chickens to feed to it
Once you explore all the areas and find all the slimes, the game is essentially over, they tried to smooth this over by adding longer term systems like "science" or an animal crossing style money sink, but it's just a bunch of tacked on grindy bullshit that gives you no worthwhile reward
It can be kind of comfy but it's very short and just a very poor example of this type of game in general, the devs clearly thought they had a great idea but didn't know how to follow through with it

Also, 1.0 came out like two months ago, not just now

There is no strawman in my post.

Now that I think about it I'm wrong about this, the last actual content was added two months ago, 1.0 is just bug fixes and misc shit

Okay, so the same basic shit it was in early access with unsatisfying grinding added on. It also happens to have one of those horribly verbose feature lists that meanders on about fuck all and reads like an E3 presentation.

Yeah, pretty much
But you can put down dumb aesthetic joke shit and change the color of your house, so that makes all the mindless grinding worth it!

Should I play this if I'm straight?

Fuck off leftypol.

Oh, now I'm sold. :^) It's a damn shame so many of these start out as somewhat interesting proof of concept prototypes then really do nothing from that point on.

That just means a more competent dev can take the idea and do it right.

I said
which is not a strawman.

Proof:

The Holla Forums card won't work here, nigger.

triggered.

But SJW keep crying that people don't want to identify with toxic white males in games, so maybe some people don't want to identify with rainbow-colored dykes. It can go both ways.

Competent devs won't touch games like this with a ten foot pole, there's a reason Monster Rancher is dead and Chao gardens never came back
At best we'll get the occasional general farm-based game because even though it's still a niche market the formula is tried and true

You'd even be hard pressed to find shit like this in places known for super specific autistic stuff like minecraft mods

That's exactly what it is, leftypol. It's not disliked because the character is ugly, it's disliked because it's just a virtue signal by the devs, to put bullshit like this inot a game in which you can't even see the character model anyway.

Fuck right off back to leftypol.

Oh, I'm just saying. Chao garden was popular as fuck and one of the reasons why SA1 and 2 are so well remembered. It's just that nobody has bothered to make a game like it because they're busy chasing current trends.
Look at Stardew Valley. Nobody made a Harvest Moon game in aeons and when someone did it sold like mad, quality aside. The market is there, just untapped.

I don't want niggers in my games. Go fuck yourself.

Stay mad, pearlfag.

I would argue there's not a huge market for it
Chao garden was relatively popular, but only within the sanic community
Monster Rancher somehow managed to become a modest franchise, but it died and there weren't really any ripoffs of it like Harvest Moon had

Just like communism always fails, it checks out.

With games like Animal Crossing being as popular as they are, I would absolutely argue that there's a market. People like managing and taking care of things.

And to think one of the main developers on this game worked on a Marathon mod years ago and wrote this about himself on his personal bio page:

bighouse.bungie.org/red/information.html

Ohio University, not even once.

Buster.

"People" like having a dumb virtual life filled with simplistic menial tasks to do and stuff to collect and build on
Those people got over pet raising sims when the tamogatchi fad ended
The closest thing we have now that's still popular is pokemon, which is fairly different

She is cute. Why is she Tumblr exactly? The colored hair like any anime character? Her skin color? Because she is thick? I don't get it.

What a shocker! The arguments are even more hilarious
And yet, those are the same faggots that probably love Gordon Freeman.

Wait a minute…that face…

top kek

This is a legitimate complain.

it can
and half ppl here are no better than them by throwing tantrum over nothing
we knew mc was female and they reveal it to be some cartoony char in cartoony game - a shocker

Get some fucking standards you cunt.

You have horrible taste
Also, her name(which is something you WILL see often in gameplay) is Beatrix LeBeau, which is the most special snowflake character name I've seen in a long time

The edgy kids of days past are today's SJW types. I love this

Are you a literal fucking blind mate?
Yes, that is part of it
You have to go back
Kill yourself

I like black girls. This is not only an anonymous board, it isn't Holla Forums, too.

Delicious brown is great
But it's not that
Kill yourself

I know Holla Forums typically has a knee jerk reaction to any black character but who thought this would be appealing to anyone but tumbler?

Again, get some fucking taste.

There is nothing to say to this
I legitimately hope you die
Maybe you need to go back to Holla Forums or cuckchan, whichever you just came from.

Holy shit you're actually right. I don't want this shitty style in my game. They're hiding even in games now

How the fuck can any human being come to that conclusion after looking at that face?
We have a natural fear and disgust against things which look 'off', such as conjoined twins, burn injuries, Cherub syndrome and this shit. I don't understand how you can look in the void of those dark black eyes on that misshapen on that adult body. It worked for Groot Jr. because he's small and not really human to begin with, but size him up with the exact same face and you delve into horror territory, much like with this face.

You mean like in real life? Do you think it's also coincidence that Nintendogs was so successful, despite coming out way past the Tamagotchi craze?
Humans look for parallels to real life in games. Not necessarily realistic portrayals, but we're wired to like specific things. Taking care of pets or our surroundings is one of those things and a well designed game about it would absolutely be successful.

How about you either provide both options or leave it out completely, because it shouldn't have any relevance? It doesn't matter what you make, if you intentionally only please one party, you're pandering.

Speaking of tumbblr games what's the consensus on Hollow knight.

The last game got slightly above average scores and came out 6 years ago, and it only sold as well as it did because the casual gameplay and real life pets appeal to normalfag women, and those people are not the same market that would buy something like this

2d metroidvania with cute buges that's heavily influenced by dork souls. It's worth your time.

I really don't think so, but suit yourself.

this is like reading something from sjws
so what it's pandering? are you so triggered you can't play now?
i guess every mc should be fat neckbeard so you guys don't feel left out

i really hope hl3 comes and gordon is white cis fat female racist so you and sjws can finally cry together

Dev is a huge SJW, don't know what folks expected from them.

kek

Pandering makes any product worse. If you settle for something worse, you have low standards.

Please learn how to argue and write correctly. You're making a huge fool of yourself.

theres nothing wrong with the character being female or black, despite what the /storm/ faggots have to say about it
its that her face looks godawful
you can do chocolate girls correctly man, that however is not how you do it

What's with all the starwman arguments from you fucks? It was known from the very beginning the MC was a female and absolutely no one cared. The problem lies in the fact that they revealed her as a black dyed-hair tumblr lurker solely for the virtue points. It's not that she's black, it's not that she's a she. The combination of everything put together because they wanted to pander made the character fuck ugly.

Holy shit, of all the dumb labels to put on people you disagree with, this one is the dumbest. The only people I've ever seen use this are actual fags and trannies.
Black squid girl is nice, but neither her or pearl are nearly as good as original squid sisters, especially they're shitty music

No. It depends how it's done
you can not pander to anyone and have shit gameplay - you game is still shit
you can pander to black transhelicopters and have great gameplay - still great game

so how is this game worse or better by having this character?
it does not affect a single mechanic

>>>Holla Forums

YOU HAD TO RUIN IT FOR ME DONT YOU

Mods will fix it?

Niggers are shit and so is marina and octolings

Show me one instance of pandering done right.

Read again
She is in the game solely to virtue signal to SJWs. This means that the devolopers are SJWs. Which means that I, along with others, will not support or buy their game. Did I say that simply enough for you?

Notice how tumblrites/twitterfaggots/furries type in all lowercase.

Give me one example where pandering has IMPROVED a game. I'll wait.

Games are more than just the mechanics. They're the sum of all things put together. The presentation is part of that.
Sure, maybe it doesn't break the game, but it sure as fuck makes it less appealing and puts people off. Who are you to tell people to eat around a piece of shit that's on a pizza? People shouldn't want to eat it in the first place because they have standards. If you truly believe it's not a big deal, be a shiteater elsewhere.

Can people not dislike a design? It has nothing to do with mechanics. People can dislike any part of any game and not want to play it. That's their prerogative. You bitching at other people bitching only adds to the bitching. If you and the other's continue, everyone should honestly just consider it shitposting and:
IGNORE THE OBVIOUS SHITPOSTING
And talk about the game aside from the character design, we've already said everything that needs to be said from both sides.

Is the game able to be modded in any way? Are there any out there yet? The one guy who went into the game's gameplay mentions that it's a shitty core gameplay loop and ends pretty quickly, so how could this be fixed with what is currently there?

I was willing to give this thing a chance and you've got to ruin it for me like this

boy I'm on your side and you guys still got triggered over some dumb buzzword
cuckchan Holla Forums is garbage but at least its Holla Forums didn't leak over as much back before the exodus

Ya, there is too much identity politics and general politics in Holla Forums, but don't act surprised when people call you out for shitposting when you do it on purpose.
Back to the one gorrilanth splatoon thread with you

Bitch, we came to Holla Forums because of a movement that had both Holla Forums and Holla Forums hold hands the whole time.
If you don't like Holla Forums or Holla Forums then Holla Forums ain't the place for you, because the most of the userbase that moved was from Holla Forums and Holla Forums, which is why the two boards are the most active in the list.
No it isn't, when Holla Forums was rebooted Holla Forums was among the horsefuckers because its numbers were inflated.

Fuck off with your filth or deal with getting called a faggot.

Maybe you should go back nigger lover.

Beat it, you fucking loser.

i don't think it improved but almost every modern game has some sort of pandering but many of them do so trough lore (ow comics and stuff)
sure it does not add value to you but if it's not constanly in your face like in bioshit games it doen't matter that much unless it's mainly a story driven game

i agree and i will stop

well you got me there
I just feel like it invalidates the whole fucking argument to people like of actual bad character design for the game when half of the people are explaining themselves, and the other half is screaming 'HUURRR GET THOSE CHIMPS OUTTA MAH BIDIER GEAMS"

That's why almost every modern game is garbage. You're proving my point.
The fact it's there in the first place is a problem because it will very easily escalate and turn into Bioware level pandering. It's unnecessary and only makes your product worse. The only reason you'd pander is if you have an agenda or want to gut a specific demographic for their money. Neither are good.

Whyyyy

Stop with the jewish tricks and give an actual example or fuck off

You're an idiot.
Also
The fucking model is exactly that.
It's a first person game, why do you need a MC's model?
Why do you need it shown in the main menu?
Why when you rest at home?
Why, if not to shove it in your fucking face that you're playing as a fucking nigger transqueen dyke?
I used to just ignore the damn emails in the game and pretend the faggot just sent the shit to the wrong address… but no, now I am forced to aknowledge the fact that I am a nigger dyke, which I find assurd because I cannot possibly imagine a woman let alone a nigger working in a farm all day, unless forced to.
Stop spouting dumb shit.

If they can't form their own opinions and pick out the good arguments from the bad, that's their own fault.

It's like you've never heard of slavery.

You forgot the
part. Either you lack reading comprehension or intentionally left that out.

What bugs me the most is the contrast between hair and skin color. Making the hair black or lighten her skin color would fix that.

The game is pretty colorful and tends to make a lot of contrasr. I'd say the contrast of her hair and skin fits the game design.

Her hair has the only cold color tone of the whole body, is an unnatural color unlike everything else and contrasts with her skin color. That's why it sticks out like a sore thumb.

As is, the palette is ridiculous anyway with 9 different main colors. A memorable design has much fewer than that. Look at DMC's Dante and Vergil and how few colors they use.
So "colorful" isn't really an excuse for a clowny design unless you go all out like JSR. I guess fittingly, since people who dye their hair bright colors tend to look like clowns.

If had time to waste why didn't you make her human?

Looks FAR better, user. Not great, but not fucking awful.

Black hair's way too boring and generic, though.

why wasn't it model after this

I think I like her more asian.

Yeah, agreed. Less is more. You're not gonna see a guy on the street wear more than 3 colors unless he has a horrible sense of fashion or doesn't care. The rainbow hair is just too much.

Welcome to being a nigger

Should probably be a darker skin-tone given the environment. I don't know how the game plays out, but the thumbnails shows quite a warm climate in the background. Looks weird with white-asian.

There's no fixing that nightmare face
And the clothes are also poorly designed

You can make the same argument for original hair color and the color of the sky.

Yeah, no joke. I'm not gonna do any more edits, just fooling around.

It'd be an immense improvement without that out of place jacket. Can't go wrong with tank tops and baggy pants

Give her dark red hair just one time

I will not indulge your fetishism, user. Stop jerking off.

Definitely looks a lot better, and the clothing still compensates for giving reasonable contrast.

Yeah, it works much better with the eyes.

Those aren't pants user, those are fucking knickerbockers
That along with the two-tone red and pink and the kneepads make it completely ridiculous
Then you have a completely different shade of pink on the shirt, with that unfitting yellow scarf thing
The whole design is just a clusterfuck, it's like they're trying to emulate those really shitty final fantasy designs, and poorly at that

Ten thousand years in paint. How'd I do?

Neeeeeej

much better, at least it looks like areal character even if it's an ugly nigger

It's still a monkey in a suit.

Nigger/10.

I wouldn't be surprised if the colour scheme is reflective of the environment, with her hair being the sky.

There is no waking up form the nightmare. You should just try to ignore the character model.
What else have they changed?

Well, it's better
Someone should try replacing the face entirely with one of those copypasta animu girl faces

Maybe a bit too dark and undershirt blends in a bit too much I think, but it's a lot more consistent now.

You don't want your character to blend in with the environment, ever. Dante's hair in DMC is specifically white so you never lose track of his movements.
Then again, the devs modeled this character for no fucking reason as it's a FPS game. They don't know what the fuck they're doing.

woah deep dude

WHY IS IT A NIGGER

The other colors are just shades of the main colors. There are only 3, yellow, red and pink without counting skin color and hair, and even the skin is well balanced in the fingers and ankles. The only color out of place is indeed the hair, but it's not bad looking. Black hair only fits because you can combine black with anything, it's lazy. I rather something unnatural looking than plain.

DIVERSITY

Also, I must add that even though you can have a memorable character with not as much colors, is way harder to have a good one with a lot of colors. There's nothing wrong with adding a lot of colors as long as it fits and works with the enviroment and distribution. It worked with DMC for the gritty aesthetic, this game is colorful as fuck.

Are you using a situation where it's a necessity to argue for a situation where it isn't? And then you're changing her hair colour from something that's clearly visible to black? (If you're the same person). Wat.

Tryhard stormweenies get out.

Hair is too dark black but you did a nice job otherwise, you tried. Those beady fucking eyes though holy shit its uncanny.
What was the original artist thinking.

Are you going to call someone a pissboy next?

i like the fix

Anyone working on making her full aryan or should I get to it

This is the most effective DRM ever.

She's wearing gloves.
Sure, fair enough. I just used the black because it was already available in the palette.

If I were to redo the design I would make the pants a different, more washed out color and adjust the hair accordingly. As is the bright green hair and red pants conflict each other and you don't know where your eye is meant to be drawn to.

That's exactly my point. If you have too many colors, people will have a harder time remembering the design, so you simplify.

As soon as there would be no rocky backdrop her hair would blend in with the sky. The black would work for both.

do it duder but if its just a recolor make her nose a little red/pink, tumblr nose memes aside the shape is obnoxious and its your only way to make it cute.

I guess anything would have been better than what they went with.

damn im hard looks like i have another waifu now………

Im just gonna give her a nose that isnt a potato

A darker blue-green color might work if you aim to maintain the original color scheme. Just a tweak to reduce intensity might be enough.

Perfect

But is the game fun?

no go away videogames suck

No, it's bad

B-but… but Rainbowdash…

Does exactly what you'd think it would, you farm slimes

nice

Guys, enough with the race talk. How's the game? I pirated yesterday but have only played for 10 minutes so far. People seem to like it overall. They praise its simplicity.

[inhales]

NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER

Of course casuals praise simplicity
They probably also think taking care of goldfish is engaging

Kill yourself.

Nigger ,clowns can look baller and cute. this ain't baller or cute.

You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have discriminated against clowns. They're an actually oppressed minority. Their reputation has been effectively ruined by scary clowns.

tbh fam Holla Forums doped this game long before this

To people who are scared of clowns, all clowns are scary clowns
Shit, they really are like niggers

I wonder why that is, what is it that gives some people an instinctual fear of clowns?

It's libshit propaganda

The pissboy?

Yep, I lost all interest after seeing the protagonist. Fuck SJW devs and niggers.

How bad must a model be for a paint picture with copypasted anime face to be an improvement?
Apparently, it must be at least tumbrl bad.

I get that t could have been some cute lookin unrealistic human that is black and have dyed hair.
But this is ugly as fuck.

Much better.

Worse.
Now I think of her as a human instead of hamster. She is ugly human but cute hamster.

The character you posted isn't truly black.
She's just black colored. Now if she actually looked like one, you wouldn't be posting that character now would you?

Well I had some interest in checking out the game because a friend has been playing it a lot recently, but god damn that that's a fucking awful character design.

Thats a dude.

Anyone who has any slight interest in the game should have already torrented it months ago to see how it is. Reasonably, most people who are thinking about giving this a go should have tried it already, and if they did, they should have seen those email things you get while playing the game.
Long before there was a character model there were massive red flags in those emails. You could see the progressive cancer seeping out from between the lines. If you ever read those abominable fucking things, they sat and festered in your mind while playing, as you thought to yourself "this is just a comfy apolitical game about slime farming, but nah, they had to inject their bullshit somewhere, they had to make sure they broadcast the devs' opinions."

At the very least I know nobody from Holla Forums is going to burn cash on this, and damn good thing.

Everybody knew they were SJWs, but nobody could have predicted they'd intentionally make a character design that bad just to pander
The slimes were pretty cute

Oh man, he's the guy who made that one AC+DS piece.
artstation.com/artwork/4v1rk

Maybe she's like a slime person like half slime half person.

Oh, it's a no mans sky type non game.

Here's same more rage fuel for the fire.

Really though I mean come on
WHAT
THE
=FUCK

And no one can really be surprised that such a a fucking artist is wrapped up in his own little bubble, being patted on the back by their crowd of cheery progressive go-you liberals in their hugbox. Willing to bet anyone who tried to ever say anything negative about the shit done was blocked immediately.

I must be missing something from those screenshots because I don't understand why you're mad

The polycount?

mode it make it happen

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

hes a mobile graphic designer from the looks like as well as people thinking "it" looks nice

also is there a torrent or mega for 1.0 yet

What's wrong with being a mobile graphic designer?

Oh god it even has a little bit of tumblrnose

those renders actually look a tad better, she actually look alittle slimmer too, but those kingdom hearts shorts are still retarded
and theres the fucking problem, that clearly doesn't translate well
I mean jesus that third pic ACTUALLY FOR REAL looks like her right eye is just a socket in the skull

3D modelling isn't graphic design you faggot.

You can't fit in on h8chan by pretending to be outraged over random things. There's no "rage fuel" in any of these images. I like low polycounts, and I appreciate a "less is more" attitude to game development.

>>>/reddit/

It's explained in his post.

Rather low quality bait!

It doesn't look that bad, and considering he shifted from working on mobileshit to PC it'll take some time to adjust his art. If he keeps making low effort shit after this then yeah get mad that some guy is settling for mediocrity.

where?

A shameless bastardization of color theory as it relates to facial anatomy.

Fix the tumblr nose
Give her a normal hair color
and it would be passable
also remove the random Airplane pillow on her neck. what the fuck is that doing there. Looks like the tube from swimming pools was cut and plastered on her shoulders.

I see too many tryhards here this summer that pretend to be angry at everything just to fit in. This character design is ugly, but I don't see anything rage inducing in any of those tweets.

I can't stand e-celeb lets players.
How can people watch this yet? It's so forced and fake.

This is why these people need beatings.

GG's pastime is getting outraged over nothing. They're leaking out of their containment threads.

I think it is supposed to be a collar for her coat.

No texture changes will fix this model from looking retarded. It's like he tried way too hard to make something cute and all he does is go to tumblr.

All I see is someone doing a poor job of ripping off Tintin.

So there's no chance that they pandered to SJWs with the character model to ge tthem interested in the game, because they knew that the rest of the market would Should have only care if the game was good or not. If you can increase profits just by making your character model a black girl with anime hair, and the model is only going to be seen for 30 seconds of every hour of play, why would you not do it?

because its not about money its about send a message

This is a stupid argument to make. Things don't exist in vacuum.

Because most of us aren't cucks like you.

The identity politics cancer from Holla Forums only started infesting all the boards after the third exodus or so. Back then Holla Forums actually meant it when they said they just wanted good video games. Now there's a a fuckton of people either trying too hard to fit in or stormfags posting about the "black plague" or some shit because they've finally found an outlet where they get to act like retards and not be punished.

>>>Holla Forums

Holla Forums used to say "Get politics out of video games."
Now it's, "get THEIR politics out of video games"

you just made this thread last 2 days longer then it should have.

Go back to your containment thread.

Oy vey.

Actually, most people just dropped the game because it sucks, and because the developers are fucking assholes.

Last I checked conservatives weren't trying to shove their ideology in our video games, or comics, or tv, or schools, or colleges, or universities, or our immingration policies, or in our sports channels, or in our metal music, or so on and so forth.

You woke the sleeping giant on this one, ya fuckin' baka, and we ain't going back to sleep until the loud annoying cicada that invaded the household is put outside with the rest of the animals.

Also I apologize to cicadas for that metaphor, they're not bad things like you fucks are.

Besides, name me one decently sized production that had Holla Forums views or even memes in it. If there was one you wouldn't hear the end of it. Fact is that lefties are shoving their shit into everything where it doesn't belong.

It's almost as if one party stays unopposed for too long, they start doing whatever they want. That's never happened before, right?

Get off the board if you're that blind.

You're not going to fit in yourself simply by using "muh summer" or claiming someone won't fit in. If you think the above shit isn't yet another marked bullshit thing to add to the pile, you are the fucking problem with modern gaming.

I'll humor you, what do you suggest people do? Should they just shut up and take it up the ass?

If you actually care about video games, your enemy should first and fore most be video games that aren't enjoyable. People have different priorities of what makes a game fun/good, but I really don't care who makes the games as long as the mechanics/core gameplay loop are decent enough and worth the money.
Not saying THIS GAME is worth money or time, it doesn't look very fun from what I've gathered, but if you give up on games you find fun or can enjoy just because the dev team doesn't agree with you on things unrelated to video games, that's pretty fucking petty.

There was a game shown at E3 called "The Last Night" that had it's Steam page describing the premise as being "everyone is creatively bankrupt because of basic social income and feminism". Yes, it used the word feminism in a bad mood. Of course, almost as soon as this game was announced, people searched through one of the devs twitter accounts and found he supported gamergate at some point. That got so much backlash that the guy came out on stage during the E3 PC Gamer show and apologized for tweets from 2 or 3 years ago, along with his company apologizing. The game's Steam page description was soon after edited to remove mentions of feminism. At this point he's fucked with both crowds, because now SJW types dislike the game for challenging their beliefs, and people like you and me probably dislike him because he backpedaled his smart stances just because people complained. Lose/Lose
Real life politics and games should just be completely separated. It shouldn't be about equal representation of either side, it should just not be there 99% of the time. Dues Ex was one of the few games to get it right, not because it agreed with me, but because it managed to be pretty correct on a lot of different things. People need to learn that games are fantasy, and as such anything can be shown in them in any light. Every game ever could be white guys or black dyke rainbow hairs, doesn't mean the situation these characters are in is realistic in any sense. Their aesthetics should be considered just that.

Vote with your wallet. If the game still gets payed will, than sorry that's just capitalism at work. Pray for the industry crash.
Better yet, if no one else can do it right, you do it. Be the change you want to see.

Ah yes, the "anti-SJWs are just as bad as SJWs" strawman picture did get used.

What's your superior method then, if calling out social justice bullshit is so terrible?

Truth be told, look at classical clown makeup. That shit is terrifying in comparison to any of the bullshit "evil sharp teeth" clowns out.

But part of it is due to it resembling a doll or something and really has an odd taste to it.

It's even more hilarious than that.

Let's, for the sake of argument, say that I am a developer with right wing inclinations and I want to make a game. Gameplay is not really the focus of this discussion so you can assume it is whatever genre you prefer.

So, who is the protagonist going to be? A white male, the kind of ideal all men strive to be (basically, the protagonist of 90% of games out there), blonde haired and blue eyed if I want to be especially cheeky. Who is the supporting cast? Other white people and good looking female, because the right wing, unlike the leftists, loves beauty and that human form. Who are the antagonists? The likes of Antifa, nigger thugs and terrorists, as well as (((them))).

Basically, a right wing game is, thematically, exactly the kind of game the vast majority of people enjoy, it's political messages do not need to be heavy handed because they draw inspiration from reality and what people witness in their daily lives.

It is the left that needs to be heavy handed in their propaganda because what they depict is not natural and repulsive to the vast majority of people. It's them that need to rub your face in that the protagonist is a rainbow haired nigger cunt with a sausage for a penis. The left revels and worships what is filthy and ugly, hence why they are so defensive of all dreck they give to the masses.

Wtf I'm a Saracen now.

Games can and should be political. There is nothing wrong with a narrative having political undertones. Things go wrong when the politics treat the narrative as a vehicle to preach to the masses.

The problem today is not that the the left is making shit games shoving their moronic politics, but that no other ideology is allowed to do the same. Not that I believe anyone else would be as shit at it as they are at it, but the issue is one that no one else is allowed to express themselves.

And let's be honest, just take a look at comics. The left pretty much obliterated an art form that has been around for centuries in a mere 20 years. No other political ideology could have done anything remotely like it.

Calling out actually fucking SJW bullshit. The character model in the game is a black chick with anime hair. There's nothing wrong with that. I certainly agree that the model looks like shit, but it's not SJW shit. By the logic present in this thread, simply acknowledging the existence of niggers will automatically make something "SJW."
Once again, the model looks fucking awful. But it has nothing to do with tumblr or SJWs. It's just ass and they need to redo it.

No one wants to play a nigger. And if you do, you're a cuck, simple as that.

When I see a game with an obviously SJW inspired asthetic, that usually implies that the gameplay and story will be shit, since they focused more on virtue signaling. This is not always the case. I favor the gameplay over anything else, and you should too. Furthermore, despite the artist taking a lot of inspiration from Tumblr art, I haven't seen him say anything regarding any social issues.

When everyone overreacts like this, it cheapens the real reactions to the real threat of real SJWs in our culture. It makes you look like a tryhard from Reddit trying to fit in here.

Sure there are tons of games like that, mostly RPG's I would think, but I would love to see some sort of statistics on "games with white male leads and how well they sold in comparison to games with non white male leads"
The first thing that comes to mind if games like the GTA games. A few of their protags have been black, CJ for example, but those games are still loved by the masses. Where do we draw the line with games such as GTA5 which had 3 main protags, one of which was black? What standards do we use to measure the beauty of a female side character? Where do attractive white female leads come into this, like Bayo or Skull Girls or Sanran?
Can you back up your claims or are you just using anecdotal evidence/pulling that idea out of your ass? Pro tip: you can't

I'm inclined to agree with that, that's a better way of thinking of it.
Are comics still selling outside of DC and Marvel? I'm curious how long pandering to the left last

Reminder, this is the type of person who calls people cucks :^)

The Last Night guy wasn't even far right or left leaning, he said he's an egalitarian which is pretty fucking tame for most people's standards. Yet, like you said, because he said anything political at all he got fucked for it. It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Deus Ex worked because its concept was that every conspiracy theory was true, which some of them most likely are. I don't think you could make that game in today's climate anymore though.
I don't quite agree with that, because fantasy is based on real life to some extent. Jordon Peterson mentioned this in some video, the battle between good and evil is such a popular story for video games because it's been a concept that's been going since the dawn of humanity. It's quite a real thing in the sense that people have their struggles and attempt to overcome them, games just exaggerate them (sometimes up to a point where you cannot take it seriously). To the same extent, I think characters and their aesthetics should reflect that. But most creators are probably quite unaware of this and just do what they think is "cool" or trendy.

Working on it. I feel like my views are definitely going to reflect in my work, but I'm absolutely going to avoid talking about them in public or mingling with the wrong crowd. Doesn't matter what you say, you're going to piss off someone.

If featuring niggers was such a winning combination then why did Disney minimize the Star Wars nigger in promotional posters in China?

Great argument there. You could make the protagonist of GTA a fucking horse and it would still sell on the GTA name alone.

I'm sorry you're homosexual.

Mafia 3, cuck.

The hard, cold truth.

Chinks do not like blacks at all, it is hilarious in a way.

I would agree that a bad design is just a bad design if the creators didn't always have a social media presence where they shout their shitty views for everyone to see. It makes the intention pretty clear why the character is black. Also, anons said there's dialogue in the game that makes it even worse.

No, he got fucked over because he said something that didn't align with the leftist agenda. You have people like the Curry Thunder that are openly racist against white people continue without censure or controversy, but a guy saying that we all need to be equal will be hounded and harassed until he bends the knee and makes a public apology, signaling his submission the Marxist cult.

If anyone thinks this is in any way sane or okay they need their heads fucking checked.

Fair enough, I guess I just more meant something along the lines of "A game can depict anything it wants, therefore, not everything is based on reality".
But ya, if you're basic designs don't match the tone of the game, that's not great. There are some examples of games that have clashing visual and story tones, but those are few and far between.
Hell ya, man. best of luck to you, good idea to keep dumb stuff out of public light.

Wow man, doesn't seem like you're trying to be very objective about this. :^(
It's almost like you are using anecdotal evidence for at least 3 of those points, and one of them is just a lie! You're not even elaborating on your ideas! I was looking forward to having a discussion with you, oh well, I hope you have a great day!

Ya, the dialogue from the emails seem to be the nail in the coffin here. Shitty design I could get over, shitty PANDERING design with virtue signalling emails? Nah that's not getting my money, maybe a pirate.

Neither do Indians, or Japanese, or Koreans, or Slavs, or other niggers, no one outside of the West likes them, or to be more precise they are not shamed into staying silent about their hatred towards them. Featuring a coon front and center in your product only hurts your sales, but we all know the end goal is not to make a profit, but to push the agenda forward.

SOMEONE POST THE EMAILS

Fair enough, bad wording on my part. Still, with how crazy things have gotten these days, even if you were to say things that align with their agenda they could turn on you for the smallest things.
Also, "white tears" mugs will never stop being funny because they're gulping down cum.

Oh, absolutely. Creators should be able to express themselves however they want. It's when censorship is as rampant as it is these days where shit gets wack.
Thanks, man. I ought to make some progress to post in the dev threads, it's been a while. Though I've been wondering if having a presence here would be a good idea and isn't going to bite me in the ass down the line. I've honestly gotten a bit paranoid over all the stuff that's been happening.

that face looks familiar somehow

I tried to improve the design where left off.

Pig nose still there, needs serious improvement and the body proportions, especially her huge-ass pants need fixing

Already much better.

Can someone mod this into the game? We will harvest the salt.

Star fox?

You guys are really out of your fucking depth.

It's weird that making the character colored like they weren't dipped into a cotton candy factory basically fixes the problems with it.

But that is wrong. Not buying a game because of that is perfectely reasonable, but do you hate movies because the actor does shit you don't like?

reason why delicious brown works is because it's a white woman with a tan. it's basically the exotic skin colour without the attached chimp face

Yes.
Yes it does.
It's why I barely watch movies anymore.

Not paying to see the movie is one thing, but just avoiding it all together because of that is silly. If you don't like the actors acting, or the movie, fine, but a part of acting is that they aren't themselves, and they're playing a part. It's not hard to just torrent movies now a days, go enjoy some good content when you can find it without fear of giving money to leftist.

Hermoine ruined Beauty And The Beast for me.

We mock the developer in our private shithole, we don't organize witch hunts for the express purpose of forcing them to debase themselves in front of us. But keep pretending we're the same.

If only leftists were physically capable of keeping their opinions private. Instead they make damn sure you know what they think. It's hard to bother with movies where you have to watch these vapid cretins pretend they're better people, let alone ignore all the blatant propaganda Hollywood is pushing.

Is it wrong when you know the money goes to people who actively ruin the industry and have been proven to?
Yeah, sorta. Taxi Driver is one of my favorite movies, but I've lost respect for DeNiro. I wouldn't really equate actors with game devs though. Directors and writers are probably a better parallel because they actually decide what should be in the movie.

>implying there was anything wrong with GG at least before it got hijacked by idpol bullshit like every other movement
The people who gave him shit were in the wrong, not him.

FUCKING CUTE

It has white genocide propaganda

Yes, they were wrong. He was retarded to apologize, though. Not even the gamergoys like him now.

even if she were still black adding actual white to her eyes makes the design significantly better.

bought the game, enjoyed it, this character model is making me angry

Wait, the moogle guy?!

I guess his post goes both ways, but their actions aren't justifiable.
Also he's published by Microsoft, so he he didn't have a choice. They would've made him apologize if he wasn't going to. It's practically censorship via public outcry.

Holy shit, this is cute.

WE WUZ WITE PEPLE AN SHIEET

and that user was right
giving a person with white features brown skin doesn't magically make them a nigger, it makes them a white person with a ridiculously dark tan
if you don't have nigger features on a character, it's not a nignog. If I gave the disney princess from Bioshock Infishit brown skin, she isn't suddenly some african bitch, she's a pixar styled white girl with a different skin tone.
In the same vein, a nignog having white skin like pointed out does not magically make them suddenly a white person. That is quite clearly an albino nigger, and the nigger is identified from the features, not the skin tone.

That and that captivating smile.
We need some modders to fix the game.

Try harder, leftist.

Is it modded yet?

You can't fug the slimes user.

That's right, Ian McConville of Mac Hall, the guy who modded a moogle into Morrowind. Also worked on Spiral Knights and does Three Panel Soul. The moral of the story is don't trust anyone with artistic talent.

go back to reddit you fucking faggot nigger

Okay now you're doing something OTHER than palette swaps.
If someone can remove the pigface and the kneecaps I reckon it should be done soon.

It was already done though

also responsible for this.

Anyone have the edit where the white woman says they have a son on the way; and the black dude runs

The whites in the eyes and the smile (a opposed to the lame dot lifeless mouth) is such an improvement. Ian McConville is such a hack

Okay anons
I don't care about SJW shit just pirate it to not give them money neither what the character looks like if it's a FPS.
However
I do care about the gameplay.
How is the fucking gameplay?
Is it worth a pirate for a comfy evening?

Crypt of the Necrodancer was really fun and the artist is SJW, don't know about the others that worked on the game

That's not even humor, that's just being a dick. These people claim they are against bullying, but true to form they find bullying funny.

I got it for free a couple of days ago on Xbox and I like it- it's weird, pointless and confusing but in a good way.

It kinda reminds me of Viva Piñata but not… If that makes even the slightest bit of sense.

I'm not ashamed to say I bought one, only because it was Dan "The Man" Hibiki, and it's impossible to find Dan Hibiki merch. Otherwise, they look cheap and ridiculous.

ITT: anons straight out of r/the_donald cant stop giving (you)s to some fag

reminds me of this

It's a comfy game you can kill a few hours on. It's worth a go. You just do the usual farming shit: start out with low tier stuff, make money, buy better stuff to make more money faster, rinse and repeat until you're tired of playing and/or you think you've seen all there is to see.

You retards are sperging all over the player model, and have yet to look at the crashed plane in the fucking room, A game called SLIME RANCHER, barely has anything to do with the fucking slimes. I even ask the dev specifically to have more interactions, WHY have a game where your a fucking rancher, yet you barely even interact with the fucking animals.

that would involve actually discussing video games, in a thread past 300 posts no less

Some of the comfiest. Don't get explosive slime, though. Makes is super uncomfy.

Did Dave "Walky" Willis personally illustrate that fucking design?

Can't say I haven't seen this shit before, but come the fuck on, just let me have one cute comfy style I can get behind without any sort of underlying faggotry involved.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Anytime someone make a comfy game they'll find a thousand ways to insert their politics into it overtime. SJWs make a farming game, you get Slime Rancher and Stardew Valley. If Holla Forums tried, you'd get Cotton Plantation Farming Adventure 2018.

Funny you mention it, Crypt of the Necrodancer was one of those games directly involved with (((Silverstring Media))) and Saint Anita herself
It's amazing that the game turned out alright in spite of that

Not just any farming game, but any game with cute animal people, presumably with the exception of animal crossing, and even then it's debatable. Bonus points if there's any violence involved.

I'm having fun with the game so far. Simple concepts but they aggregate. There's also more depth than I thought at first once you unlock the lab. Plenty of exploration too.

I'd play it.

The fucking worst thing is that this game was really fun and cute to play up until this. I never looked or noticed the arm that held the gun. The e-mails you got lead me to think that you were a husband out ranching and sending money back home to your wife. This ruins the game for me. I have a good 30 hours in it and a decent ranch that I can't manage to go back to now simply cause I don't want to see a fucking tumblr nigger lesbian. It's a damn shame. Worst of all is that I recommended this to a close friend RIGHT before it was launching and now I look like a tumblr loving twat.

I've got a cave full of flying glowing cat slimes, trying to collect their shit is annoying. A pink slime ate my lone rooster and I haven't managed to get another. It's kind of a slog.

The game is shoot fruit, vacuum shit, shoot shit, vacuum fruit.

Install an auto-plort collector on those harder ones. Also make a chicken pen. They also spawn all the time in that extra open field you get. The one with all the grass and a rock outcrop in the middle? That one always has a ton of chickens in it. I don't trust pink slimes near anything. Explore into that locked section past the first jumbo cat. You USED to be able to just fly over the lock. That area has a lot of roosters and decent slimes. You are correct that the game is just vacuuming shit/fruit and shooting shit/fruit.

What, too lazy to do the thirty seconds of work required to make a fully upgraded pen?

I'll have to take a screenshot, I don't think you faggots understand what full means. Pink slimes are fully enclosed now, I've got a good mix of pens in various states of upgrade, saving for the lab. Here's some OC.

I can't find more slime keys. I got one from a pink thing, but the big cat one didn't give me one.

oh fuck off, you're like a tumblrina getting triggered by finding out MC of a game is a straight white male

doesn't that sound ridiculous? now shut up