What would you want in Dead Space 4? How would you like the story to progress?

What would you want in Dead Space 4? How would you like the story to progress?

I got bored while playing the first one and dropped the series.

I wouldn't. 3 was such a slap in the fucking face 4 would have to be the best game in the past 36 years for me to play it.

2 was a downgrade in the name of action, 3 shit the bed in the second half of the game.

Dead Space should stay dead, because Current Year EA studios don't have a hope in hell of making one as good as the first again.

There will be a shitty reboot that removes all the aliens with merged EA montreal (((quality))) added way, way before anyone would seriously think about a Dead Space 4. But if we were to use our imagination, a good Dead Space 4 should use another character, like an evacuee from the Moon riots, maybe a laid off government employee that isn't necessarily an engineer. I'm sure there's plenty of interesting space weapon ideas that aren't just CIRCULAR SAWS IN SPACE. Say have the first act either be escaping and or destroying the Moon marker, and then have the five or so flesh planets that end DS3's DLC show up after that, and you crash land on part of Earth. Earth in Dead Space is an overpopulated shithole like Chinese slums in North and South America and a barren wasteland everywhere else due to resource scarcity. A big plot point should be using two of the CEC's planet crackers, which conveniently are on Earth either for maintenance or decomissioning, to blow up the actually relatively small flesh planets. Don't have any "we gotta rescue the peoples" shit, the theme of the game should be "everything is fucked we're all probably all gonna die but fuck you ayys" except unlike a certain other EA trilogy of space games the ending should be an ubeat and conclusive "you killed all the necromorphs, humanity is scattered and fleeting, but there's hope for rebuilding, especially since all the niggers probably died first trying to gangster style plasma cutters"

What if the Aliens are Transgenders and nonwhites to kill two birds with one stone?

I want want EA pool tons of resources into it and have it flop.

I want a dead space game were you play as a qt christmas cake with a suit that makes her ass look great.
Also a story about protecting qt shotas from pedo aliens or what ever they are called.

Yes it's one of my favorite series. If they got rid of the retarded weapon systems from 3 that would probably help a lot.

for it to completely ignore 3 and fix Isaac and Ellie. I really grew to like the characters in 2 and 3 just did the worst possible thing to them. Not to mention how cringey the love triangle came across.

Who gives a shit? the story is garbage.

It may seem like heresy, but if they ever did a Dead Space 4 I'd want them to basically reboot it. Brand new engineer protagonist and put it back on another big ship, maybe not a mining ship this time, maybe a colony ship or something so you have a reason for a lot of very different looking areas like the station had. Figure out what the markers are supposed to be ahead of time and get them consistent instead of having one marker that seals necromorphs, one that summons necromorphs, whatever the fuck they did in 3, just pick one and stick with it.

Gameplay wise I guess more of 2's Zero-G stuff because that was fun but super underused, combat and pacing dialed a bit back from 2 towards 1 where telekinesis was less of a murder machine, stasis was less common, and weapons were a little weaker. Maybe make it a little shorter than 1 was because the later chapters did start to feel like they were dragging on and I'd rather have a shorter game I don't hesitate to replay than a longer one that I burn out on and don't want to go back to.

Playing as someone other than Isaac.

DS was a nice trilogy that had a beginning, middle and end with consistent quality. There is no need for 4th game.

It ended on a cliffhanger though.

You mean Dead Space 3 right?

but the story is literally about issac being a fuckup with women. Player 2 is his ex's new lover in 3.
but all the weapons were supposedly mining equipment (except for the assualt rifle)
but 1 was more of a puzzle than 2's bullshittery
you want less of the supposed good thing you're making?

Jesus user you really have shit opinions.

What no he wasn't. Carver was the guy with the wife. Ellie's new oil driller was the guy leading the expedition.

dead wife*

I want this.

Honestly there is no real way to progress the story after 3, especially after it's DLC Awakened, since basically everything is fucked and there is no going back.
Unless they're willing to retcon a bunch of shit for the sake of a retcon, they'd be better off rebooting it entirely. Even then, it's for the best Dead Space stays, well, dead because we all know EA will fuck it up even harder.

I'd rather Titanfall 3 be made without any meddling.

Just let it fucking DIE PEACEFULLY

Who cares? They'll reboot the IP and the main character will be a strong black woman who looks like a man.

Insert lots of horror sections broken up by smaller combat sections, similar to FEAR but with spookier horror (no psychosis shit as Isaac got that removed from his brain at the end of 3). Industrial horror works really well, and on a dilapidated planet that has been shit for decades/centuries would be spookier than a moderately decent ship/station.

Bonus points, if they absolutely must have a 5th game, to add in the original aliens from 3 actually creating the necromorphs and using them as a tool to slowly eradicate all life from the universe to create a Dead Space that they have free reign over every planet, and the entire meme planet in 3 is a manufactured ruse they lure civilizations to to make them create brother moons on purpose.

There, saved the franchise.

There, saved you a lot of work. Just pick it up from 2 and do something else.

kek

Disgusting. The dream sequence is the most pitiful of excuses, too.

It's dead, Jim.

Was it even the same writers on Dead Space 3 as in 1 and 2? Or did they do a switcheroo like with Mass Effect?

No it's Dead Space.

You don't know how close you are to what the developers wanted to do with it. Visceral actually wanted to make DS3 about Issac going insane due to being in close proximity to both markers in the previous games. Not only that but they wanted the game to be centered around psychosis and paranoia.

They were going to make a Co-Op dead space because EA was forcing them to, but instead of the piece of shit we got it was meant to be more like Eternal Darkness. Your partner and you would continuously see different things at once in a single session.

While you were exploring a broken down derelict space station your partner would be navigating through a hospital ward but you're both right next to each other, and while you're fighting necromorphs he's dealing with something entirely different. So while you're shooting at a necro your partner is watching you shoot at nothing and asking you what the fuck you're doing and vice-versa.

Not only that but they had sections planned out and DEVELOPED before EA made them re-write the script, where character control would switch and you'd be playing as your partner and vice-versa, sections where your partner would die to an enemy that wasn't really there and you'd get a false game over, and sections where your partner would transform into a necromorph and start attacking you.

EA deserves to burn for what they've done.

I have a feeling Ellie was supposed to be the co-op partner but then EA forced the love triangle and had to resort to generic space marine Carver

Silent protagonist.

seems legit

No your co-op partner was supposed to be "Shadow Issac" who was Issac's alternate ego, but you'd never know until the end of the game when both players found out. The sections I mentioned were supposed to hint at that and if people were smart enough they'd figure it out eventually.

sounds cool m8

EA never ceases to amaze me by how badly they fuck franchises up and throw great ideas out of the window. Mirror's Edge is another great example.
Titanfall 1 was a DLC ridden, badly designed disaster but the devs had free reign for the sequel. Surprisingly enough, it's one of the better FPS on the market right now. When asked about a sequel EA's response was

I would completely retcon 3 and continue the story from the ending of the second game. Maybe make Isaac an NPC character who is now a disgruntled veteran who gives the new MC helpful tips over com but makes clear that he´s expecting you to die on every step. Also don´t explain the origins or the true natures of the Markers. Nothing destroys horror more than too much explanation.

Fuck off with your weebtrash.

Sounds like shit to me, its still a forced coo-op and even more intrusive than what we ended up with. You only notice DS3 is a coo-op game because of the stations, unlike crap like Resident Evil 5 where you cant even open a door without waiting for Sheva.

Out of ideas already, EA?

Good joke.
Every game had a different writing team, different production team and different management.

Dead Space is one of my favorite IPs fro its generation and the idea of letting EA fuck it up further sickens me. I greatly enjoy the games but don't wanna see it butchered further.

that being said, in about 3-5 years expect a new Dead Space game to be shown at e3 titled just "Dead Space" of course and it will be a slimy cash grab.

This limeys eyes are so far apart I wonder if his depth perception works correctly. This video just makes me wish ill upon those jews at EA even further.

2's DLC left the Playstation EYE/Wii game's story on a cliffhanger where Gabe Weller dies saving Lexine, and their unborn child. This would give a nice start to the whole Moon evacuee thing, while tying back to the other story Visceral was running at the time. Personally I feel that both Visceral and EA can go fuck themselves after 3's 'bad end' DLC, being both anti-fan and anti-consumer, but if there ever was a 4 it should be from the perspective of one of the two. While I agree there should be more martial weapons and armaments, that mindset brought about the worst parts of 3: universal ammo and generic guns. Circular saws in space doesn't really cover the wide variety of guns, barring the plasma rifle and the literal circular saw launcher, that exist already. Best example is the force cannon, although the DS1 version > DS2 version.

I would like literally any other studio than one controlled by EA to develop it.

The story was always shit. Or actually it was just there to show off gore. People seem to have this weird perception that the story in Dead Space was anything other than a slasher film in space mixed with a bit of Murphy's law to keep it going. The only thing that made it seem good was the neat universe around it (or more precisely neat looking ships/designs/aesthetics) and the solid gameplay.
1 was a simple story told simply and then 2 was basically that but with less payoff in story but with better but more streamlined gameplay. Nobody will say 3 was good in any department. Still though. Who the fuck thought these games were scary? I get more scared in dungeon crawlers than this shit.

For them to give the game to the same team that developed ME:A. It'll be ugly but at least the series will finally be dead for good.

Jesus and I thought they couldn't do any worse than 3. I'm sure I'll be impressed by how much they completely fuck everything up.

new protagonist so they can't use the "he's used to it so it's not scary anymore" excuse.
gameplay similar to the first but with less handholding than that game.
thats it I guess. Dead Space 1 was a good RE4 clone. That's all it was and all I wanted it to be.

I'de say keep the gameplay closer to 2 but everything else kept closer to 1. 1 was many things but easy and consistent to control wasn't one of them.

Do you think a story is only told through text and speech in a visual medium?

Would plot have been a better word to use? Like I said, the "plot" is in service to everything else. But lets not pretend any of the characters in Dead Space are anything original. And the actual advancement you encounter is constantly repairing the the ship to become functional enough to survive. The only thing I can fondly remember from the franchise outside of the gameplay is how cool the technology looked and how fun the gore and body horror was.

Also a bit offtopic but does anybody have the skyboxes from the first and second game? Or know where I could get them? They're damn good and the only one I could find with minimal effort was in pic related

it controlled just fine. what are you talking about?

Reminder that DS1 was acceptable

DS2s advertising campaign was THE GAME YOU MOM DOESNT WANT YOU TO PLAY XD

DS3 was garbage

DS4 will be shit too, if it ever comes out.

Otherwise this thread is datamining or thoughtfeel circlejerking. Sage for not vidya (its a game that doesnt exist)

Compared to 2 it's trash. Aiming in many of the minigame segments is nearly impossible like the Meteor segments and 2 feels much more graceful on the whole. I'm speaking for the PC version though. If it's somehow better on console then that's almost worse.

I replayed it last year on PC and experienced none of that. Alrighty then.

I played it last month and had a bunch of it. Just play 2 and tell me how it's worse than 1. The controls are just better. And I'm not saying the controls were pure shit. but after playing 2 you can't honestly want to go back.

Some ports are worse on PC than they are on console with aiming because devs are to retarded to spend time on mouse smoothing and the like. Bioshock is a great example of this.

I would like Isaac to go back to being a silent protagonist, co-op to be completely removed, and roll back the story to immediately before Dead Space 2 and give Dead Space a proper sequel in both gameplay and story that does it fucking justice.

Barring that, I'd like for it to have a feature that brutally murders anyone who plays it for even a minute because if it's anything but a full-on reboot at this point then anyone playing it deserves nothing less than death.

You do know you can easily unfuck the mouse controls by fiddling with an .ini file, right?

You're lucky I lost my smug folder with my windjews reinstall.

go back to design of
spooky horror > action horror

Good thing the devs were smart enough to not put them in the base game. I guess it's a a fix and it's not even that hard but seriously? In any case my initial statement was that 2's controls were better. I doubt fiddling with the ini will make it comparable but I'll give it a check. Still, I stand by the fact that the gameplay in 2 is largely better. EA just fucked it over a bit with shitty practices and a few questionable segments. Then they completely fucked that with 3.

I should probably add that they were only possible and easy once I switched to a mouse. Otherwise I sincerely could not aim with a controller. I used the controller for basic play though because the movement was so fucking cardinal and annoying.

I 100% agree. I'd say Dead Space 3 had even better gameplay (because it was the exact same with a dodge roll that you never use and crouch which you use against ONE type of enemy), but the game surrounding it was too shit to make it shine. But as normalfags say, it's like, totally more fun if you play with a friend, dude.

3's practices alone are enough for me to say I'm fine with not playing it. That and universal ammo. When it stopped having survival elements the game was essentially dead to me.

Oh christ, I now remembered the "moms being scared of deadspace 2" videos that EA shat out.
Or at least I think that was DS2.

Dead Space 3 was basically a worse RE6 (never thought I'd say that), because it didn't even have cuhrayzee action, nor a fun movement/melee system, and you couldn't kick/blow up the friend you were playing with.

Say what you will. It was effective enough to still be remembered 7 years later. And if any retarded mom called my offices wishing to complain about the violence, I could immediately tell her if she even watched the fucking trailer. Has it really gotten to the point where just getting a game with a hard M sounds rare?

nope
Dead Space 3 had universal ammo, weapon crafting coupled with two weapon limit meaning that instead of having a varied and unique arsenal you'll end up having two extremely homogenized weapons, shittier animations and generally sloppier hitboxes, obvious coop sections which detracted from the singleplayer experience and the new enemies were really bad.
Not only did it made me appreciate Dead Space 1 and 2 more, it made me appreciate competent third person shooters as a whole.

As much as I hate being the guy that says "I don't want another x", I gotta jump on that train for this.
The DLC for Dead Space 3 hinted that it will take place on Earth, thinking about the idea, it'll probably take a massive focus on action rather than any of the horror elements.

Which one of those EA cocksucking faggots thought this was a good idea?

If they ever make more Dead Space, this shit right here had better happen

We are talking about a completely hypothetical situation in which DS4 is developed and released. In this situation you can talk about what you think it should be about.
Whether or not fucking EA has anything to do with it is pointless to bring up.

Do you really lack an imagination that much?

why does everyone hate ds3 so much? this is an honest, no baiting question. i had a great time playing it coop with my best friend, although i admit that it completely threw the horror angle out the window (something ds2 had already started anyways with muh cultists) and it was just a slightly bloodier action game

You mean discussion about VIDEO GAMES?
Stop being such fucking cancer user.

DS2's advertising campaign was pretty funny and edgy, a light hearted advertising take on a dark series. I don't see anything wrong with that, they had fun with it.

DS3 was a good game, it had its faults but it was a fine entry, certainly not shit.

Checked.
I liked DS3. I went from playing 1, 2 and 3 in the period of 2 years. I saw 3 as a natural evolution of the franchise. Obviously there was lots of cringy shit with the dynamic between some of the main characters like Ellie and Issac, they never really made a lot of sense with the antagonist and the ending moved way too fast and didn't make sense at some parts.

That being said, the beginning, the setting and lore in the game made it well worth playing for me. Most people hate DS3 because it was one of the first games pushed on main consoles with in-game microtransactions. That and the co-op, which its role in the game is frequently blown out of proportion.