Unsung Story has been sold to the developer of Barbie & Her Sisters Puppy Rescue

archive.is/2ky0X

Chance to be released raised to 50% from previously recorded 5% says game release scientists with some calculating a 1% chance it will become an instant classic because of Yasumi Matsuno's involvement in the original design. Skeptics argue that this doesn't change anything saying that "the pitched game was shit, Matsuno is shit and Kikestarter deserves its cuck backers who should all get fucked and die."

At least we know it's in good hands.

Is this on track to be the next mighty number 9? Sure seems to be following in its footsteps.

matsuno is a con-man like keiji

This was way worse than Mighty Number 9. That trainwreck at least had a playable game at the end of the tunnel. This was a straight up cash grab and then the project nosedived straight into the ground. It's a weird day when a project can be sold to the creators of a Barbie game and things actually look up.

Hope it works out for them.

So the game's getting a Barbie cameo?

This game might even have a more competent game than Mighty no9 did at the end. Mighty suffered from devs who were underpaid, overburdened with stretch goals, inexperienced with the Unreal engine and were rushed to deliver.
With them starting from scratch and having several games under their belt, they will manage for sure.

I'll always think less of Matsuno for this. He could at least try to say that he tried to turn this game for the better or at least not let them bank on his namesake. But I also guess saying nothing and letting people come to their own conclusions is the next best thing

There was a time when barbie and deer hunter dominated the PC sales charts.

It's seriously gotten to the point that every single person who's even slightly well known for doing good in vidya was a hack all along. Fucking Notch has a better track record than most of these kikes.

A NEW BEGINNING…

Posted by Playdek (Creator)

Here is a message from Playdeck to the backers

Dear backers,

At this point, I’m sure you have a bunch of questions, and I can already see a flood of comments coming in. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to answer all of your questions today.

Please know that we are sincere in our effort to help, and we working as quickly as possible to get you as much information as possible. I realize that this has been a frustrating journey, and I'm asking for just a little more patience as we get going.

I would like to start by taking a moment to introduce myself. My name is Matthew Scott, and I am the CEO of Little Orbit. We started as a small game developer in 2003, and have grown into a small publisher in the last 7 years. To date we have primarily focused on retail with 20 titles on many different platforms working alongside Cartoon Network, Dreamworks, Warner Bros, and Mattel.

Inevitably many of you will google us, and you may have your doubts - which is okay. This project has struggled. But give us a little time, and hopefully we'll surprise you.

I am a gamer at heart, and my first love has always been turn-based tactics games. I met the Playdek team a couple months ago and got a firsthand look at the amazing work from Yasumi Matsuno. Simply put, this game needs to exist, so I am excited to be taking this project over and helping deliver it to the community.

I am also a huge fan of Kickstarter, and its ability to directly connect people with the creators they want to support. Since 2009, I have followed and personally backed many video game projects. I know each of these teams worked long and hard to live up to their campaign promises. Many of them managed to create amazing games that likely wouldn’t have been possible in the traditional system.

As we have seen this is a difficult business. There are so many things that can go wrong to sabotage even the most seasoned teams. But despite all the challenges, making games is what I love to do.

I recognize that this project is now more than 2 years late from when it was originally supposed to ship, but rather than jump into lofty promises, I want to level set expectations with a bit of both bad and good news.

First the bad news.. Little Orbit is starting from scratch. We have spent hours going through the Kickstarter comments and researching all of the project materials, and I feel the backers have made one thing clear – we need to focus on the original single player game and Matsuno’s design that was promoted during the campaign. And that is exactly what we are going to do. At this point, our primary goal is to separate the years of modifications and changes that were made while Playdek attempted to deliver something to their backers.

Second the good news.. And I want to make this absolutely clear - Little Orbit will honor the Kickstarter backer rewards at no extra cost. I can't know how frustrating this has been for the many fans of this game. But over the coming weeks we will be reaching out to make sure we have all the current information for each of you, so that rewards can be delivered properly as we make progress.

That’s all I can share for now, but we will be following up as soon as possible with more details on the game and our progress.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Sincerely, Matthew Scott

Comment on Kickstarter

Explore projects anywhere and everywhere, with Kickstarter for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™.

Don't want to receive updates from this project? That's okay, you can unsubscribe.

Kickstarter · 58 Kent St, Brooklyn NY 11222 · www.kickstarter.com

Contact Us

fucked that up
is supposed to be on top obviously

My mind is at peace.
My dick is at yellow alert.
This is good news.

God damnit.

Is it so hard to ask for a game as deep as FFT's sub class system? That's all I fucking ask for. I just want to play something else that offers the same experience as FFT but I just keep coming back to it. Tactics games are fucking dead.

And the one's that aren't are all grindy goatshit that focus more on using certain units instead of making crazy builds.

There are hundreds of them, what are you on about?

start naming them.
Also what about
Children of the Zodiarcs and Fells Seal: Arbiters Mark?

Tactics Ogre series
Fucking FFT sequels
Front Mission series
Fucking look up TRPGs or SRPGs or whatever on google.

I said I wanted games that had FFT's sub classing system you illiterate retard. Of course there's hundreds of them, hundreds of shitty tactics games.

Try playing them? It's FE and SRW that don't have classes you can fuck around with.
Well maybe FM series don't use QUITE the class system, but wanzer parts are close enough, so it's even deepr than FFT.
Stop being retard.

Ask someone who backed this anything before I kill myself not even out of disappointment but embarrassment.

Nevermind, I'm just going to kill myself.