Get a dualshock 4 controller for pc

Other urls found in this thread:

dvdhrm.github.io/xwiimote/
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
cdn.arstechnica.net/Gaming/classiccontrollerpro.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see neo-Holla Forums still talks like a bunch of teenage girls.

And you passed on the xbox360, the one that's compatible with everything without hassle, for what reason exactly?

Shoo Shoo satan

Return it, because it's clearly defective. Got mine in 2015 and the battery life is still in the neighborhood of 12 hours with heavy rumble use in souls games.

I don't understand peoples affinity for dualshock 4 controllers when you can buy a xbox 360 controller and have it work out of the box with pretty much any game.

360 d-pad is awful and sticks are prone to drift after a few years of use.

Or you can just get a DS4, install InputMapper and be done with it. Works 100% with literally every single game out there, even those that don't support gamepads at all due to the ease of re-binding and macro creation.

Plus the "working out of the box" excuse is the laziest and most retarded shit I've ever heard. If you can install a game, you can install the program that makes it work with Xinput. It's small so it doesn't even take long to download. And even if you're too much of a faggot to do that, the controller works with D input out of the box.
Seriously, what the fuck

What game uses dinput solely and doesn't offer the use of xinput past fucking 2010?

If you are arguing using it for fighting games you might as well use a fight stick.

Underage as fuck, tbh.

I think you are the one who is underage here kiddo.

Nah, you're young as fuck.

literally the only thing worth playing on pc these days is emulating old consoles and you are actually questioning the value of a good d-pad

fucking plebes I swear

When did I say that I only play modern games? I'm 24 dumbass, and I still don't see the point in getting a ds4 because I can't play games with dinput that probably had awful controller control schemes anyway. When I wan't to play a game that mainly uses the dpad, I have an SNES to usb adapter for that that I can also use with dinput games. Also its pretty simple to get a 360 controller to work with dinput with a few workarounds, yet you people are emphasizing that the workaround to get ds4 is easy. Most of the dinput games you'd want to play with a controller on PC are just shitty console ports anyway and all of the other ones can be played a lot more comfortably with M&KB than with a controller. Honestly the obsessions you autists have with using the godlike perfect praise sony ds4 controller for absolutely everything on a platform that you can use any controller that is best suited for the game is baffling.

When you implied only games past 2010 are worth playing.
And if you don't have that you buy a joystick that not only has decent analogs, but an usable d-pad
How you fail to understand this is the only mystery here.

360 dpad is a fucking joke, dualshock 4 has more stuff you can map, more than you can actually use if you were using in on ps4 as well

Too old to be sperging out like this.

Your entire argument was:
You were soundly blown the fuck out, and now you're furiously typing up a storm in full damage control mode, desperately trying to move the goalposts.

Just stop posting and close the thread.

Turn off the fucking lightbar, son.

Some people don't grow out of their retardedness and inability to compose themselves.

Or just use an usb cable.
Never have to recharge, never have input lag, and don't have to buy a bluetooth receptor.

The kind of person that buys DS for PC or other controllers are the same kind that buys AMD GPUs, the kind of person that will always go "It works BUT…". I can't imagine having half your bookmarks be tech support forums being very fun.

I know that dick.

You must have some bad reading comprehension because no where In my post did I mean to imply something like that.

I'm guessing any Windows OS past Windows XP is shit too because of them switching to 64-bit causing almost all older 32-bit games to be unplayable without an emulator? You're logic seems to be a lot worse than mine buddy when you argue something against that is just the cause of technology progressing. Be right back I'm going to return my CD player because it won't play records.

I even took the trouble of copying it again for you. I can't do much if your brain doesn't function properly

Just take his advice and stop posting.

Download the other joypad program that doesn't have annoying messages.

Plug it in for the reduced input latency.
Fun fact, if you plug the dual shock 4 into the ps4, it will still stay connected via usb. There's no way to go wired. DS4 on pc doesnt have this problem.

Now who is moving the goalposts?

oops I meant to say it will stay connected via bluetooth

Works on my machine
No seriously I actually had one charge last me 10hr + so I dunno what you're doing, lightbar not even turned off because I was using it on a PSTV

If you want your 360 to work with everything, you need additional software. If you want your DS4 to work with everything, you need additional software. It entirely comes down to ergonomics and build quality. Stop backpedaling, you've already made a fool of yourself, just man the fuck up and admit you were wrong or stop posting.

Meant to reply to

(checked)
Then there's the Switch Pro Controller, which has ~40hr battery life but costs $70.
Pick your poison.

My point was that pretty much every game released today on PC that isn't designed to be controlled by M&KB has xinput, that was all but I guess I triggered your autism in some way with that simple point.

I didn't accuse you of moving goalposts, little boy.
But what you're creating a very stupid strawman.
No one on his right mind would consider an OS shit just because some games stop working with it. 64 bits executables fixed a lot of issues and were long overdue. He never implied Windows was bad when it started being 64 bits, because that would imply he thinks OS are only good for games. That's a strawman.
I assume you made this stupid analogy because you think he said "Xbox 360 controller is bad because you can't make it work with any game".
What everybody else on the thread has been telling you is that you were wrong in saying it works out of the box with every game. Whether the Xbox360 controller is bad is another topic, but the point that DS4 works with everything is a valid point.

Yeah, I noticed.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one because those control sticks get sticky for some unknown reason.

>still refusing to admit you were wrong when you've already heavily contradicted your original argument
You're either underage, or you're a nigger.

Actually, you're right. I just forgot because I haven't played anything that needed it, that D-pad is perfect anyway.

Pick one, nigger.

how good is wii u's pro controller dpad?

Actually pretty good. Watch out when you buy whatever random Chinese-built WiiU-to-PC converter for it, some of them don't react well to holding down buttons or chording, do a little research first.

What controller do you recommend then?

Thanks, mate. I use linux, so I'd be using this dvdhrm.github.io/xwiimote/ so I don't think I need a converter

Literally impossible.
PS4 controller has basic uno cell 3.7V / 3Wh LiOH-cell, it's shit, but it's literally the only one we have. So the question is: Two(+2) parts:
1) How much money is used to make a really shitty elecrtonics just barely work?
2) How corrupt is the government of the product producing country? Is there slavery?
3) How much money is used to promote the terrible product to consumers.?
4) ???
5) Death

Lurk more newfag.

Hyperkin X91.

Shoulda got a DS3 instead. The battery in that thing lasts forever.

A mechanical keyboard and a mouse. A HOTAS for flying/mech stuff, and a Hori 10 button fight pad for emulators.

Next time post this meme answer along with your post so we know not to take you seriously.

That's wonderful news about the battery. Too bad the controller is shit.

Better than the DS4 and 360 pad.

What does it do better than the DS4?

its almost like… controllers were meant to be plugged… to a power source…

I don't like the DS4 analog sticks or d-pad as much. Not to mention the pointless touchpad and light.

You can turn off the light and touchpad, or use the touchpad as a mouse. It's pointless but it doesn't annoy

Why not? The dual shock 3 has disgusting rollerball sticks that are the worst 1st party ones i've used. It was fine in the ps1 era but the sticks dont cut it anymore.

totally inferior to the ds4. You can register diagonals on the ds3 if you tilt up a bit. Same probably as 360 but not nearly as disasterous. DS4 doesnt have this problem.

The 360 controller is fucking trash. Awful dpad, awful sticks, poor build quality, low longevity.

ok retard

you've done fucked up downloading motioninjoy
uninstalling that chinese malware will take a bit but good luck

Better DS3 is all that's needed. Also, dunno about the loose USB cord, I bought the cable separate from the controller, and it sits very tight.

Not that, I use SCPtoolkit. I'm no expert on whether it's safe but it works fine other than the message thing.

It's the cord that came with the PS3. I feel like it was meant only to let you recharge the wireless and not much more.

just buy a bluetooth wireless adapter

Doesn't that still use the motioninjoy shit?

Use this
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I used this. It is only only wired and the d-pad better than x360's d-pad but not great.

Turn the light off you fucking retard.

How much of a butterfinger retard do you have to be? I can't believe this same pack of animals could have built a PC by themselves without snapping the ram in half or shoving the cpu in without any paste

sony has the best controllers out of the 3.

on xbox you get this shit
and on nintendo you get gimmicky garbage like a tablet or a dildo.
in comparison, sony has had the best controllers in the field since they went into the console market.

my brother paid 3k on a wireless keyboard

That's a custom PS controller, Chad.

shhh you will summom the amd shills

Absolutely disgusting.

Whats gimmicky about the Classic Controller Pro?

Classic controller pro would be the best controller of all time if it had control stick push in functionality.

It's glossy. It only uses USB for charging. It places the right analog stick on the primary position.

(checked)
You can buy a ten foot micro USB cord for $10 off of Amazon.

cdn.arstechnica.net/Gaming/classiccontrollerpro.jpg

Oh you pore thing. You are a nintarded.

Oh, mistook that for the Wii U one.

Care to explain? It looks like they have the same amounts of buttons to me.

Remove the frog fags and post quality would shoot up.

Touchpad has 3 different areas that you can press and be recognized as different buttons.
That and, well, you can map the movements of the touchpad itself as well.
It also has a gyroscope, so you can map some gestures.

>pore thing
Learn english before posting again.

Huh, that's pretty wild. I guess I haven't found a game that does that yet.

That actually looks pretty good, although I don't know why they went with such ridiculous spacing on the face buttons.

Souls games use the gyro for gestures.
Gyro isn't natively supported for PC games sadly because it'd fuck up with compatibility with the Xbox 360 controller
You can manually map extra stuff to it with the 3rd party program though

Is he drowning in lava?

Are you faggots retarded? Buy a fucking wheel for racing games. The only difference between some chinese 5$ controller and these 100$ branded crap are the triggers which are only usefull for racing games.

Fucking dumb hoes

where do you think we are? Sweden or something?

I don't sit 2m away from my computer monitor, and I prefer the consistency and reliability of a wired controller. Also, less input lag.

lol faggot

My nigger I can't help your with the cord thingy but you can disable the annoying messages if I remember correctly.

Is that worth a shit or are you rusing me? I'm about to frankenstein two older 360 controllers or look for an alternative.

What are you, a pleb?

it uses a standard mini usb cable. I keep my DS4 plugged in. because my computer is a old and doesnt have a way of connecting it wirelessly without buying something.
I have a ps4 and a single battery charge will easily last 12 hours. still pathetic, but i just always have a controller on deck.

(checked)
It's more like 10 hours, is there something wrong with your controller?

muh modern games

You literally linked to a PS4 controller, retard.

a third party ps4 controller
with the exception of this one, theyre pretty much all trash compared to the legit kind. and all of the d-pads are trash compared to the legit ones.

but it looks like a retarded baby brother of an xbox controller. no, just no.

the sticks have to go at the same level, its basic design. you wouldn't see me playing with that retarded abomination in a million years on any console or PC.

why?
also
do you have tiny baby hands or something? everything else about the controller is basically fine but its pretty hard to deal with that

The fuck would someone need a wireless keyboard for?

I just use a Wii U Pro controller for most games due to its 80 hour battery life (and an Xbone controller for driving games or games/emulators which don't play well with the Pro for some reason). I've also tried the Switch Pro controller but I don't think it's as good as the Wii U version, at least not right now (it takes more fucking around to set up, has half the battery life of the Wii U controller, and the analog sticks need to be calibrated every fucking time you connect it if you're using WiinUPro at least - by default the maximum range of each axis is like 60% of what it should be for some reason so you have to account for that, but the program doesn't automatically load profiles like you'd expect it to).

Out of the big three the Dualshock 4 is the one controller I really think doesn't belong anywhere near a PC. Also people keep recommending the Xbox 360 controller but I think the Xbone controller is better overall mainly due to the better D-Pad (and in my personal experience it has better build quality as well - I've had 3 different Xbox 360 controllers in the past and 2 of them had issues either with the analog sticks or shoulder buttons, meanwhile I've had my Xbone controller almost since they were first available and it's still going strong).

First off why Dualshock 4? You'll constantly need to use programs like Inputmapper to play half the games on PC, second just fucking plug it in, that's the only way Dualshock 4 will work for PC.

This is how you spot a shill, kiddos.

This is also how you spot a shill.