Games based in a future dystopia, but where you are NOT suppose to be the "Savior of society"

After watching the trailer for What Happened to Monday it made me curious if there were any games set in a future societal dystopia (Not necessarily cyberpunk) where the end goal isn't to take down the corrupted world. I think Beneath A Steel Sky and the original Syndicate my apply to this, but seeing as how I never played either of them, I'm not fully sure.

This rubs the hands.

Play Syndicate.
The original one.

Are you fucking touched, mate?

Did you try playing them

I had an idea for a game like this years ago. A game where you're just living out your life like Winston Smith at the beginning of 1984, struggling not to set a foot wrong and get taken down. Maybe an option to join a rebellion at some point, but it would be totally optional and easily missed.

So was this written by a woman?

Human Revolution?

Yes, you can be certain it was written by a woman. Looks really really boring, too.
I hate this theme

The shadowrun games are pretty much this. If you are into RPGs check out dragonfall or hong kong.

I hate this fucking shit of the overpopulation meme.

There's this gay game called Real Lifeā„¢, the hardest and unfairest game there is.

Binary Domain in a way.

Is this viraling for this movie/show?

OP is a gigantic faggot and if you'd play BASS you'd know it's very comedic.

Stop shitposting and play them you idiot.

Yeah, right. I got cheats to skip right to the very end.

Maybe OP just wanted thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss, seeing as most distopian games are overly heroic stories where you always save the world? And that gets boring, because it is predictable and there is much less tension usually?

Im pretty sure OP just wants a story where you play as an average joe in a fucked up world instead of trying to fix it
your post is the most retarded thing Ive read all day

The first half of the game when you play detective of Whatsherfaces "murder" could be, but the rest of it is generic cyberpunk "save the world" shit. I mean the ending is you literally standing infront of a console and changing the fate of the world by pressing a button

Papers please is like that. You play as an average joe and the choices you make only affect you, your family and a small number of people you interact with along the way.

The first Hotline Miami could be as well. Youre only trying to save yourself

That's real life!

We live in a dystopia where the bad guys won WW2 and they managed to slip their tendrils around every nation on the planet Earth. We live in the ultimate cyberpunk dystopia, and there's literally nothing we can do to fix it. We can only try to keep our families safe, that's it.

I really hate you "sky is falling" motherfuckers

Maybe nothing YOU can do to fix it, but you don't speak for everyone here.

This is how you sound. Go suck on you mother's distended teats or grow some balls.

>your post is the most retarded thing Ive read all day

Bro, I got good news, you surpassed your previous post

It already fell, and if you can't see the world for what it really is, then you're fully at home in hell.

top wew

Oh yeah, how are you two going to destroy world Jewry? Really, what's your plan? Holla Forums, the supposed "redpilled" baord on Holla Forums decided they'd elect a man who sold his soul to New York Jews and literally married his daughter off to them as their leader. What about you, what's your game plan?

It was utterly sad how you niggers put so much effort in pushing this and everybody just laugh at you.

If you know people who are concerned about overpopulation tell them to commit suicide.

not an argument you nigger

If you don't mind it being it light on plot, Brigador's like that.
You play a mech/tank pilot going AWOL after signing a contract with a greedy corp that want to seize the currently fascist ruled planet.
In return for loads of cash and a one-way ticket off-world, you proceed to stomp your way through building blocks to the nearest spaceport, while murdering everything and taking down those anti-spaceship canons the corp wants gone.

Blade Runner.

You refuse to see the world as it actually is because it's too depressing for you, and then you mock those with their eyes open. Sad.

Armored Core, particularly the earlier ones.

You know how easy pizzagate was to "prove" and it never happened, you cucks ride on conspiracy theories more than any actual wrongdoing.

They're usually already genetic dead end.