Mfw mainstream plebs still think VR is the future and not AR

Mfw mainstream plebs still think VR is the future and not AR

Whats more likely in 5 years?
OR

One of those is still science fiction, the other is just to expensive to easily implement yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_computed_tomography
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apple skipped VR and put their marbles into AR instead. Now they have the best with ARKit. They've also got 120hz mobile displays that drop down to super low hz when nothing is in motion. That refresh rate will be good for AR as well.

This local family diner chain I goto already lets me place an order via their app before I'm even through the door, so what you described isn't even really "too expensive" - you'd literally just need to tie the app to, say, a QR code printed on each table.

Invisible cutlery, no plates, no floor, wall or ceilings, no decorations, no lights, no staff? No windows and nothing existing outside the bounds of the restaurant? Where is the kitchen? How can you even "go into" the restaurant if the rest of the world doesn't exist? If the entire universe is the restaurant then does it even exist as a separate entity? Without any earth or sun where would the energy to keep it warm enough to survive come from? Where would the atmosphere come from to breathe? What about gravity? How would life have even started in the first place?

post the 2hu version.

AR is even more of a meme than VR

How much did you pay for your vive goyim kun?

anyway to contribute to your thread, AR is the future to everyday living. I believe that in the future you can wear a pair of glasses and watch + listen to a youtube video while cooking a turkey or having a map while walking around. although the tech would be teathered to the phone at first in order for people to accept it and for cost reasons.

AR is is a kikes wet dream. They'd really be able to control the goyim if they're always immered in feel good flashy lights and emojis. And ads. Ads everywhere they look 24/7.

Its a reverse THEY LIVE.

Or

what a time to be alive

You're like 10 years too late OP

How much is Apple paying you?

How much is Zuckerberg paying you?

How much are the Reptilians paying you?

It's not real, you can't touch her.
It's escapism. can't you see?

Why not have both? Denno Coil glasses in the outer world, FOV headset immersive video games at home.

Although, really, AR is just using a phone as a controller rather than pushing real buttons or, god help us all, talking to people. VR is the actual interesting idea to bring us one step closer to The Matrix, which is the real end goal.

>ahaha yes, the goyim will realize they've made a mistake by buying VR headsets and will start buying our (((Apple))) products
fuck off

AR will be wearable tech such as glasses that connect to a phone. VR will be the future of video games, we haven't reached said point due to high cost barrier, limited tech and limited content. However in 10-20 years I think VR will be the new norm. It'll be like 2D art and 3D art.

Apple is irrelevant to the future of AR/VR future. Basically expect without the symbolic imagry and cluttered user interface. They'll be adblock for the shit, and things like "identities and money" can't be changed unless we breed with AI.

also AR is shit for games since it's just information Agumented into reality.

With that said I can see AR replacing real screens as the tech develops. however using "touch control" isn't practical. AR games will be played with something like a Joycon where controllers are split into two.

Anyway I'll stop being a rambiling faggot now.

You have autism. AR is more of a dumbass meme than VR is.

> AR: Pokemon GO play in traffic

Kill yourself.

Reality is overrated.

Finally, I can update Echelon III with exact measurements of my house in real time!
Does it measure cock length in real time too?

It's important, I need data analysts at the NSA know that i have 7 inches uncut dong ;)

How the fug.
I'm really curious as to how they do this so accurately.

I predict both will go nowhere and will continue to be a gimmick.

It's not accurate enough
At least not for making tiles, unless you want to have huge gaps of cement showing up

Now imagine this coupled with contrast and edge detection technology and mature it to the point where you're able to get measurements accurate to four decimals just by fucking looking at something instead of having to get out a micrometer — what you will have then is another industrial revolution not comparable in the enormity of its impact to anything other than the first.

This might seem trivial if you're some ignoramus but being able to get accurate measurements of a part simply by looking at it will have a more dramatic effect on our society than computers did.

You're late to the party
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_computed_tomography

I'm talking about man-portable systems.

Go back to reddit.

Video games are escapist entertainment. They're for people who have failed at life and want to get out of this reality for a few hours. It's why "realism" is always celebrated by shallow normalfags and hated by people who actually play games to completion. AR is normalfag shit. Why would I want to play a game that takes place in the world I'm trying to escape by playing games? In my immediate surroundings, even? VR is a proper escape. It hasn't reached its final form yet and the current incarnation is a necessary stepping stone. But you can tell we're actually on to something now because if you try an Oculus or a Vive, it can actually briefly convince you that you're somewhere else. You're able to forget about the room you're physically inhabiting, you forget what direction you're pointed in real life. VR is the future of games, but not the VR we have right now. It'll get better. If you're one of those fags who hates on modern VR and wants it to die because it's not perfect (fucking GASP), you're contributing to the possible future where we DON'T get matrix plugs and we can't spend the last years of our lives in dilated time with our waifus.

this. the same way that with smartphones now any jackass is a photographer or a mathematician, with a system like this any plebeian can just whip out the phone and suddenly they're an engineer, a mechanic, virtually anything

personally i have an interest in engines and remember seeing a system that microsoft and i think toyota were experimenting with, where the important components of an engine were tagged with real-time something or others and used the car to relay that information to a master server. a technician wearing a google glass style eyepiece could then literally look at a car without even popping the hood and see if the gears were starting to slip in the transmission, or other such shit that normally you need to tear the car apart to see. make that shit small enough to carry and easy enough to use and we're going to see mechanics pretty much disappear the same way that librarians are disappearing

That was a concept for dealerships to enable dumber people to work there. It was step-by-step instructions for assembly and disassembly, like lego instructions overlaid on the mechanic's vision. It was not a magical x-ray machine that tells you what's wrong, you'd still need to diagnose shit yourself because sensors aren't perfect. For example, my car burns a bunch of oil and stutters but there's no check engine light on, the car computer thinks nothing is wrong. You sound like a fucking retard fantasizing about something that's impossible with modern technology because you don't fully understand any of the components at play here.

AR has and will only ever be a gimmick.
Every single "game" made with AR has been utter shit worse than your typical flash game. I honestly never seen anyone but marketing faggots care about AR.

It should be no surprise to anyone that VR attracts more people than AR. VR lets you escape this shit world and experience something different. AR just puts shit all over the already shitty world.

What I don't get is by every VR game tries to either by a port of shitty mainstream game, or some-sort of walking simulator. Why not go with something simple at first, where the player is the same position as the character. Start with a space piloting. Ace combat would be great in VR. So would any racing game.
FUCK

AR and VR are both memes. At some point I'll be proven wrong but by that time I'll be 60.

You can already play Warthunder in VR, but from what I heard, almost nobody uses it, since it's overall better to just use 1-3 monitors.

Oh look its time for another weekly talk about a piece of hardware that nobody knows what hardware is used to achieve X in improving immersion, and a talk where just about no one has a vive or rift.

What is there to gain in this thread this week? It was all explained last week, its up to the dev's to make the good games, and wait another 4 years for the next upgrade in tech.

I tried that app like 2 years ago, its in no way nearly that accurate or high framerate. It was kind of fun for an hour though.

Though it was not through ARKit so that's probably why it was so subpar.

That vid is cancer. Oh look at me i'm so special immersed in an alternate world inside a bus full of other people doing the same thing, disconnected from everyone around. We are all individual consumers ready to carry on tasks/jobs that are posted in the AR gui. I'm gunna pick up groceries for grandma X for $5 and proofread degenerate Y's story for $2 while I wait in the bus and walk to the store. We are now robots working like ants in a society that is becoming social-economically impossible to move up the chain. We are stopping automation of robot tech from happening because we are too stupid to learn any other skilled job, just like slavery stifled industrial farming from being created. Someone help, the human dominant world is taking a very wrong turn.

Despite how development goes. VR will still have the feedback problem. But one thing I do find hilarious is that everyone is VR FPS shooters can't aim for shit and that makes for some very hilarious videos of people actually making akimbo work because firing 2 desert eagles randomly at point blank produces more kill than some faggot limp wristing an AK.

this. The easier you make a job the less you have to pay someone to do it. That's the only reason why it is being done

Google glass died a horrible death and then came back in the last few years as google glass enterprise. Turns out a lot of companies are using it in production lines and shit like that.

Ban chainsaws. Hatchets only.

the dream lives

People prefer VR over AR because even normalfags recognize that AR is fucking gay for vidya purposes

People tune out ads as time goes on, and eventually the ads have the opposite effect from sheer over saturation.

Nope.

The keyword here is phone.Normalfags will spend hundreds of dollars on a phone, but they won't spend anything on a VR headset. If a company can somehow dissuade the public from phones and towards headsets, VR will become massive. Otherwise, AR wins.

VR is superior, but AR is what is actually going to happen.

Chainsaws are actually easier to use than hatchets, for the end goal of cutting wood. You just hold a chainsaw against it and it cuts like butter. Hatchet requires good aim/coordination, strength, and you have to make the cuts in specific ways or else it takes fucking forever and you butcher the wood. Congrats on your shit analogy.