Apart from the loading screens this is the definitive version of crash bandicoot...

apart from the loading screens this is the definitive version of crash bandicoot. It'll be nice when we can discuss it once it gets the PC port, but until then that won't happen here :^)

Yeah too bad :(

You tried

Also does the boxart look that shit?

3 people who will be begging for a denuvo free version once the pc port is out
3 people who will be begging for links
3 people who are stuck playing old games they've played hundreds of times already

It's a shill all right

feels good man

I mean, op's not wrong

Where were you when Overwatch was constantly being shilled here?

you realize its summer and the front page has threads with their latest posts being nearly 10 minutes old

nigger this board is dead

How fitting for sosny's games.

huh

He is though, the jumping is messed up in the new version of the first game, better just playing the original.

nah, its improved and on the same level as crash 2. getting rid of frame based animations and instead relying on modern motion tweening that even crash 2 abandoned makes the game play far better.

"messd up" isn't real criticism.

Crash and everything else looks absolutely terrible compared to the original. Is amazing how they managed to make Crash, of all things look generic as shit. I appreciate all the extra stuff added in, but I can't get past the aesthetic, a few minutes in and I wanted to play the originals.

A PC port would be nice for mods. I want the original music and sound effects, PS1-era compression be damned.

It's sample based and rather high quality for the time, it doesn't sound bad at all even today provided you're playing off a .psf rip in a good .psf player.

I swear Sony nixed the PS4 being backwards compatible just so they could go through their library and do reskins/remakes of older titles.
Also to sell PS Now subscriptions.

Wow! A double whammy of cancer, I'll share this TOTALLY FUNNY™ meme with my friends.

compared to the PS1 versions, which game is superior? The PS1 version or the PS4 version? Or is the quality the same? I.E. Is the PS4 version of Crash 1 better than the PS1 version, or is the PS4 version of Warped on par with the PS1 version?

It's a mixed bag, but I'll have to say the PS1 versions are superior. The PS4 games have more content and have Stormy Ascent, but they made some questionable choices to the overall artstyle of the game and changed the hitboxes for Crash, making some extremely hard levels even more needlessly difficult.

Hi
I am the pill shaped colliders on every platform so you can't use anything speedrunners used in the original game
Fuck you
Also we moved the red gem up so you can't get it anymore :^)

Fucking dropped

We can already play the original superior version on PC and it doesn't have hour long loading times.

Good, speedrunners are cancer. Just find a new way, you autists always do that anyway.

They even changed the Aku Aku's theme and Ripper Roo's laughter. After hearing the later I dropped it.

FAGDICK
THEY MADE A POINT TO KEEP THE SPINNING HIGH JUMP IN 2 AND 3
AND ADDED TIME TRIALS TO 1 AND 2.
OF COURSE I'M FUCKING MAD.

What did xe mean by this?

I think it's some form of autism

please, plebe, leave.

So now getting the ps4 experience is bad?

Naughty Dog created a game so advanced at its release in 1996 that a single level was often orders of magnitude larger than the working memory of the console, requiring a cluster of expensive SGI workstations to pre-bake visibility and render order information for every polygon onscreen from every possible camera dolly position. Vicarious Visions did the bare minimum they could to create a slavish imitation of the originals that can't even push 1080p60 on 2016 hardware.

use this simple phrase to identify crossposters and shills
shoo shoo

I love N-San Trilogy. The Art is beautiful and the New Physics makes the games feel fresh in terms of Challenge because you are forced to be way more precise. Yes the physics lead to more frustration in at least a few stages in Crash 1 but being free to use checkpoints balances out that difficulty. However, the physics and hit boxes are not nearly as bad as people pretend they are its just now every time they die like scrub they have a excuse so they don't have to take responsibility for being scrubs.

While I can understand people not being hug fans of the new hit boxes and physics its still fully playable and fun. Anyone hating on the aesthetics improvements are objectively retarded. That said, I still also love the PS1 versions. They are both supper fun and its hard to say which is "the definitive version".

Ultimately anyone who hates the reboot are poorfags who suck at video games and don't live supper fun challenging games like N Sane Trilogy, Nioh and Bloodborne!

No, that's not the real boxart.

The only thing the PS4 versions improve is that they have Relics in Crash 1 and 2. I like that a lot, it really made me go back and master these games that I had already 100%ed a million times. But I guess you could just become a regular speedrun autist and do the same on the original games without getting any reward.

N. Sane Trilogy is good. I've been playing nothing but that since it came out. But that's just because Crash has always been my favorite game and I'll take any excuse to play more of it. Getting the relics has been that excuse. Even in Crash 3 the relic times are different so it's kinda new.

Yea would be nice to talk about games on a gaming imageboard but that won't happen, the very heart of any image forum is discussion and shit posting, all people do hear is shitpost endlessly now.

You're trying really hard to sound like a shill, even if you're not.

PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN, SOLDIER.

Then why'd they remove boss banter?

He sounded more like a retard to me, though the difference between the two is pretty narrow I guess.

Nah man, check these instead.