What are some super heroes that you think could realistically get a good game designed around them?

What are some super heroes that you think could realistically get a good game designed around them?
I am sick of all the Batshit and the upcoming spiderman game looks like ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ha ha what? Just like play skyrim lol.
Seriously tho Batman is the only good super hero and Arkham Asylum is a good fucking game.

You mean he appeal to the plebs the most. Guess what that makes you?

dubs

I guess if I don't like COD I am also a hipster. Batman is far from the best hero, he is just the one casuals know the best.
The Question is an objectively better hero but isn't shilled by DC as much so retards only know of Batfaggotry.

Hi half chan!

He is the biggest cancer comic books have ever seen.

check em

Not an argument

Not an argument

Batman isn't just a retarded god killer in Cross overs though considering crossing over is common even in his own comic that is an argument. You are a fucking pleb.
Go read a comic actually about detective work.

Try again.

>>>/4chan/

You're talking about a dude who has nuclear warhead arrows and loads of trick arrows that are seldom limited to real life. It could be fun, given someone actually cares about it.

The only good thing to come from Batman was Dick Grayson and Red Hood which have more than 1 dimension. But considering you are a batfag and don't read comics I know you wouldn't know that.

Batfags don't know about any other hero than Batman and even then it's only what they know based on the movies so it makes sense they wouldn't understand a thing about Green Arrow.

Cheap gimmicks don't make good super hero,

Not an argument.

I think a new Punisher game could be great. If the character was done justice of course and not just a boring shovelware third person shooter.

it could definitely make a fun game though. having a toolbelt of neat arrow types to address multiple situations. kinda like thief

This is either the most pleb of batfags or the best troll immitating a batfag I have ever seen. Either way there is no arguing with someone who hasn't even read the comics to make a proper argument.
Though you should read Deathstroke and The Question because they are like Batman but with actually well written characters and you would probably like them.

That title belongs to Hell Cat, Ms Mudslime, and TumblrSquirrel. Kys. Sjw-Goon.

At least specify the author if you want to go down this rabbit hole.

How is Batman the only good super hero?

It doesn't work that way. Squirrel girls current run will end soon, Batfag will be cancer for another 100 years.

It's not hard to guess, if you knew anything about comics you would already know the authors I am talking about but let me spoon feed you.
Since you are a batfag and like Dark and Edgy also read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and Gaiman's Sand Man which are also far superior. With any luck you will develop taste.

So ok good authors write good stories, what a shocker.
You still have no argument how batman isn't the greatest super hero though.

But the point is that he is supposed to be an unlikable cunt. You don't always have to think your MC is right or a nice person. Green Arrow is a liberal faggot and Hawkman, Wally West and Hal are conservatives. It feels natural to have different characters have different political opinions and add to their character.

And you haven't presented an argument as to why he is.

Marvel is gonna be pushing Ms Mudslime: Defender of Rapists and Terrorists and Tumblrsquirrel for a very long time even if Tumblrsquirel is tanking harder than a Dobson comic. Hell Cat is the only one getting canned. They've been shoving Ms Mudslime down everyone's throats for two years now.

Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Karate Kid, Richard Dragon, or any other similar extremely competent, but not very superpowered martial artist could easily support a God Hand like game.

Since he isn't as well written. That is literally what defines a good character, how well written they are. Batman doesn't only lose to far better big heroes like The Flash and Hal, but even side characters like Roy Harper who has gone through more character development and depth in a few years than Bat's has in decades.

Yeah but that wont last forever. Marvel will literally die as a company before it can have as much of an effect on comics as Batman has. A cancer spreads user and no other hero has influenced comics negatively than Bats.

Don't hold your breath. You will see a Ms. Mudslime movie before Marvel dies.

Seriously why are you guys reading comics that will get handed over to the next sjw an issue or two later? Are you masochists?

I stopped going to a comic store near me when the owner said TumblrSquirrel is good. Meanwhile, another comic store near me has shit loads of TumblrSquirrel and Ms Mudslime comics no one out of the Sjw owners goes out of their way to buy (Gee, I wonder why?).

Who cares? Cape movies are shit either way. The last good comic book movie was Dredd and it flopped.

DC is specifically making sure political shit doesn't infest their current comic book runs, you also have companies like IDW which are super anti SJW.

Stupid people who will buy into the Ms Mudslime shit, thinking it'll be okay to defend rapists and terrorist, telling their victims to fuck off.

I still think a Superman game could be great if it wasn't made by a shovelware developer with a budget of a ham sandwich. Shadow of Apokolips and Superman Returns both tried to do an open-world Superman game, and most concepts associated with Superman games have already been done, and done well in a bunch of other games.

Batman is great when he's just doing detective stuff, though.

You can pick and choose to only read runs that have long-concluded and are considered to be high quality. Yeah, on a long enough timeline a SJW will shit in every well, but you really don't have to care. Most of that shit ends up getting swept up under the carpet the next time a good writer comes along.

Yeah but that doesn't effect comics directly. Marvel has been cucked for some time.

Go Play Spiderman 2 and City of Heroes and then come back to me.

So then why not let comics die the death they deserve?

Oh right and you believe they can do that? You must be dreaming. How's that comic about the reformed Joker taking down Batman treating you? You guys are idiots.

Does anime count? Cause I see a good gameplay revolving her which is like a hybrid of the Spiderman games with wall climbing and tongue swinging on land while Nights into Dreams or Ecco the Dolphin gameplay is reserved for underwater.

Except there are no good writers these days out of older ones getting fed up with the business, and horrible, awful human beings like Kate "I'm an evil bitch" Leth are getting work for being scumbags.

It affects other stuff though.

This hasn't been the case in years though. Batman is marketed to plebs so he has to solve his problems with fists or plot armor now. Batman should have stayed a detective but now is forced to be a god so he can fight gods on a daily basis.

I'm okay with letting the comics die, but the sjws aren't. They're gonna to try their hardest to keep Ms Mudslime and Tumblrsquirrel alive even if they take Marvel to the ground (I hope Marvel dies).

I think aquaman is pretty anime.

They have been doing it since Rebirth started and as far as Batman is concerned I haven't given a shit about his current run in years.

Tom King, Priest and Jonhs are all decent to great. There is also an amazing French comic book industry with a lot of great but under rated authors and artists.

The current Marvel movies are a fad and like all fads they die and once Disney can't make money off of the movies they will have no reason to care about the dying comic book company outside of some toys.

You've missed the point. It's evidence that DC simply can't do what they claim to be doing. Oh sure they'll calm down for a bit but they'll always come back. You're a god damned fool and you deserve to watch every last one of your heroes turn into cocksucking feminist trannies.

idk fam but I'd pirate it.

Well if that day happens then I wont buy those runs, until then I will be enjoying the current trends. Though unlike Marvel DC actually cares about their comics selling and basic capitalism will mean DC will either keep that shit out or die like Marvel is right now.

I don't want to tempt the monkey paw, my man.

Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man probably could all carry games if they had a developer who gave half a fuck about anything other than dumping shovelware on the market to coincide with movies. Or if Disney gave a shit.

A Wonder Woman Hack and slash would sell well. WB wanted to make a group of new super hero games but since they fell through they decided to just focus on milking bats. If they were smart they would have released a WW game with the movie.

There was a tmnt game that reminded me of spider-man 2, but with 4 player co-op and a new combat system.
Platinum made it I think, did anyone play it?

Pretty sure that was made by their b team. It looked horrible from all I recall.
wew lad

I'd assume Activision had a hand in it ending up trash, just going out on a limb.

oooh I get kind of an alpha protocol vibe from the mission structure you mentioned.
How about the Shadow of Mordor nemesis system on a smaller scale?

My Hero Academia would make for a great game. It's actually strange how much it makes you care about every character.

The ultimate dream would be for a MHA game where you can make your own student and go through the hero course. You'd need a massive customization tool, and a large degree of powers to select from (or given the option to have randomly given to you).

Then again that's more or less just CoH. Not that that's a bad thing.

Actually, capeshit is a term Holla Forums keeps using because super hero movies are ruining the film industry or something.

I think the emoji movie alone stands as enough proof that people who think that should be rounded up and thrown into prison.

I've never hung out on Holla Forums because I hate talking about film, do they do movie nights? Watching Pixels with you fags was something special.

Apparently they do.

The ghost that walks.

You mean Lee Falk's The Phantom?

I think this one could be played like MGS3/MGS5 in any case.

always was and will be flash

youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4

RIP in piece scarlett speedster

Despite being one of the better superheroes around, no one knows or cares about this guy to make a game based upon him.

This could work, honestly I'd like to see how non-lethal gunplay could be implemented.

I think cartoon was super dope.

I would be OK with "obscure" characters like The Phantom or The Shadow for a change.

Seeing the open world Flash game finish would have been neat.

Well I feel silly now.

I'm fairly certain that modern gaymen audience would find The Phantom to be extremely problematic, just like this guy.
DD game could be pretty sweet.

it basically plays like superhero sanic

It should be a superhero designed around the gameplay mechanics, not the other way. Not being tied to any of those retarded cape universes would also be a great thing for storytelling purposes.

A proper Aquaman game would be fantastic, but very hard to balance because how impossibly OP this fucker is.
At least it would shut up for good all the autistic little retards that keep spewing the "aquaman sux xddd" meme without even knowing the man could literally genocide the entire human race within a day unopposed if he felt like it

Aquaman is the single most stupid not-joke (?) super hero ever made.

What does Aquaman do?

I know Aquaman has good physical stats and all, but I'm thinking an Aquaman RTS where you get to command sea-life to fuck up Black Manta and Ocean Master's forces could be pretty cool.

I'd recommend reading Peter Allan David's run on the comic. It's actually really epic (and I don't mean that in the meme sense of the word) stuff, but it never completely loses self-awareness.

Capeshit is almost as bad as watching stephen universe.

Spiderman sucks. That game sucks.

Punisher is the faggiest of them all.

All of that sound like joke super heroes tbh.
Supes is I dunno, he's just stupid.
He can absolutely lock up all criminals without killing them and save all the people, but he just doesn't do it because you wouldn't have anything to write about.
He's just shitty character.

Only if you include eldritch nightmares and H.R.Giger imagery.

The ones I know off the top of my head are:

What about the 2040 version? I heard it's very good.

Didn't knew the superhuman resistence and strenght, but I mean if that user was so adamant on saying "this fucking guy rocks your shit" I expected something more spectacular.

After looking it up a bit more there was a couple times where he become oceans and engulfed shit, basically as long as he is near water he has a ton of powers.

You just didn't imagine the possibilities.

No fish fugging allowed.

>not wanting a bit of finny fun

Look at this brain-addled cocksucker, completely unaware Aquaman could literally drown the entire fucking planet with a thought.
What the fuck is a little shit like Hawkeye or even Batman gonna do when there's fucking sharks raining from the sky, 700 meter tall tsunamis on every coast and untold abyssal sea abominations just rampaging everywhere?
Even Superman would have trouble stopping all this

dead thread

Matter-Eater Lad action RPG.

Pathetic. I hope you get eaten by barracudas

Google is a fucking treasury for aquaman memes. I think I need to save them up in a separate folder.

Capeshit is basically westernized anime that tries too hard to take itself seriously. Characters have over-the-top powers or incredible abilities just like it, and often have shit writing with extremely predictable situations. I think the trope I hate the most is the discernment between hero and villain, one always fighting the other and shit like that. It just makes for boring, repetitive stories.
Notable exception for Alan Moore's shit, who actually tried to do something different with his stuff.

This.
Something like this would never happen in my superior Japanese Anime

Rule the undersea city of Poseidonis and protect it from external threats. The thing about Poseidonis is that everyone there only reluctantly accepts him as the king, because of his blonde hair and blue eyes, which they consider (rightly so) to be a sign that he is cursed. They consider this to be the case because of Kordax who was basically the worst monster in their history and the reason why Aquaman has the ability to commune with (or psychically dominate) sea life.

Kordax's mom ordered that her baby (the product of her being raped by Kordax's father), who was hideously deformed with green scales (as a result of the potion Atlanteans had to take to be able to breathe underwater and venture out of their domed city), be left upon a reef where the tide would pull the water away, so that it could be killed. Kordax escapes this and as a baby learns how to fend for himself in the waters surrounding Atlantis. He learns to hate the Atlanteans for what they did to him and he uses his psychic powers (a result of his mutation) to dominate sea life and attack the people of Poseidonis.

Kordax's attempt to claim the throne ends up causing the biggest war in the history of Atlantis, but he ultimately fails. Aquaman's life mirrors Kordax's to an extent when after his father (an ocean wizard who chooses to live on land named Atlan) impregnates his mother (Queen of Atlantis), and she gives birth to him, the people of Atlantis, fearing another Kordax demand that the baby be abandoned to die. Fortunately for Aquaman, Atlan's blood allows him to breathe water and Kordax's allows him to communicate with sea life, so he gets to grow up alongside the dolphins until Atlantis faces a succession crisis and he gets to return as their (mutually) reluctant king.

I wasn't implying anime is any better, it's just as much shit.

Breathe air as well*

You fucking what

modernised punisher is all i really want, what netficks did to him was an even bigger travesty than the first film, it would be so easy to bring him into modernity for anyone that actually understood the fucking "character". if theres a hero we truly need in our day and age its castligione

pretty much, a hitman game but smarter and more ways to fubar, maybe a longer planning stage or something where you can lean on CIs and play niggers against each other

imagine hitman with ultraviolence, big destrctuctive levels and a modern story where you are like hunting pedophiles and bankers and shit, would be so cash.

hell the ps2 punisher game actually wasnt half bad

nemesis shit would work well for this, I dont understand why it isnt almost a default at this point, its not that hard to implement and it does add quite a bit even when youre fighting orks that all look the fucking same

Fair enough, I contradicted myself by accident at that point, but what I meant to say was that Alan Moore's shit tries to stray away from the shitty hero / villain formula, even if not completely, and also tackles far more interesting points regarding the nature of capeshit, with drama that actually feels consequential and heavy, not that it doesn't take itself seriously, which I wholeheartedly wish most capeshit would. Nice catch.

Nigger there were only four and two were great and the other two were okay.

So basically this guy

Why DC is so shit at making heroes, and why people eat this trash for decades?
Not saying that marvel was much better, but at least they tried to make sense of their heroes before they got overrun by SJWs.

I think it never got to a proper resolution.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that it was the best Flash too. If the game sold well Wally probably wouldn't have been replaced.

Samurai Flamenco

it exists , it's called Deadly Premonition and it's ok

Sounds like shadow of mordor

Do i need to suck an aids infested nigger dick to get this game to fucking work on pc?
That port is not satisfactory.

Done with your temper tantrum user? Now come down stairs for some din din.

Because heroes aren't supposed to be realistic. Also The Flash is the greatest hero ever shut your faggot mouth.

So how many Batman games were there?

Almost any Kamen Rider ever could have a game. Hell the current Rider is even video game themed. You could even just pull an Aqua and make them an 'oc donut steel' Rider that has his own story to tell. It'd be really simple.

It's a shame that every Kamen Rider game is shit. Except for the first Kamen Rider Generations.

What board is this?

Fastautists are cancer, no matter the place.

A static game made by sucker punch could be cool

Landwhales and cucks complain so much about whitey keeping the niggers down, yet I don't see a studio or author doing much with Static Shock or Steel. It would be easy to forget Shaq's Steel (LE CRINGY 90'S MOVIE XD) and do something nice with him without resorting to FUCKIN WHITEY KEEPING ME DOWN or ``enlightened misunderstood negro with 10 PhDs and a colosal dick``. It would be awesome to wreck enemies and buildings with a giant hammer, and Static Shock's powers could be very fun for a videogame.

A fast-paced game with Rocketeer would be fun, if you kept the old-timey aesthetics, and making Rocketeer a bit fragile and not as refined astflying like Iron Man or more modern fliers, forcing you to putting an effort at flying.

Sorry you are a casual nigger and can't handle fast. Have fun with your cinematic experience and getting cucked by a nigger while I play Tribes 2 and Doom while reading The Flash.

Where did "doom is fast" meme even came from?

People born before 1998

Doom is like 2 times slower than CS or Q3 though.

When will we ever get a Power Pack game?

People who played DOOM.

Not the single player faggot.

Fuck your capeshit, give me a Scud the Disposable Assassin game. Lemme take different hit jobs and travel around the world to shoot weird mutants in the head. Gimme four person multiplayer with Drywall, Sussudio and Oswald. Gimme a cuhrazy adventure across time and space, heaven and hell.

You have to launch the game through the files in the install folder and not through steam. That was my only problem.

Are you niggers serious?

Doom guy runs at 80 MPH.

We had something like that.
it was beyond awful

I never did finish that Spawn Armageddon game. Was it any good?

Dude, you got an unlimited amount of free mango online… and you waste your money on feminist bullshit?

That's not actually a very high number in terms of speed characters. That's probably the slowest one I've heard of.

It sucked, but the basic mechanic of the jetpack worked just fine in theory. It's probably the highest on my list of "why could this be good".

Comic books are far less cucked than videogames. You can still show sexy women in comics. By your logic I shouldn't buy Bayonetta because another developer working on another game created Gone Home.

What sort of fucking idiot is this?

Cheap gimmicks are what makes them superheroes. Black Widow in the Marvel movies is boring as shit, because she's just a standard secret agent. Hawkeye, despite being a perfectely normal human being as well, has a gimmick, and people actually like him. Painting a skull on his chest and calling himself "The Punisher" is what differentiates Frank Castle from just being an angry Unabomber dude into being a "superhero."

A great Punisher video game would basically be like Crackdown, but more nitty and gritty, but you'd also have to avoid and not kill any cops. It'd actually be pretty fun to have GTA-esque missions where killing civilians and cops was a failure state. It'd have to be finely crafted though or it'd just be annoying as fuck.

trash taste OP

It's a decent game, has some fun but it doesn't quite match up the whole plethora of powers and you start fighting otherworldly foes pretty quickly.

How ironic. Now don't breed and buy anime pillows.

newfag spotted

I was here when the biggest board was /legion/. You are just a pathetic Weeb. Japs and Chinks aren't special, they deal with the same kikery as everyone else. You can't pretend to be better because you like one form of kike over another, especially when anime and manga have decimated japanese culture.

I want a game where you're playing as Wyatt Wingfoot and all you do is fug shehulk in both her normal and hulk forms.

no you are a newfag Goon trying to force people to talk about your Jewish comics.
back to >>>Holla Forums Kike

Just popping into this thread to call you a faggot and a disgrace to everyone who likes anime.

Nice buzzwords faggot. You are worse than everyone in this thread because you can't see the kike in your works and think yourself better. You are the biggest fool of them all.

Of course, a guyver game using a similar function of MGR would work pretty well.

Assmad goon detected.

Western capeshit is a mess right now. Especially since the heroes don't actually act heroic at this point.

The fact that even Japan has a better feel for the old school style of making superheroes - people who were heroic - speaks volumes of how horrible our present culture is.

Did that shit ever end? I stopped caring when you could wear a guyver while wearing guyver.
How much guyvers can you wear at this point anyway?

I'm sorry to tell you user but western comics are objectively more kiked than gook comics.

What passes for Judaism in gook comics comes from the market- otaku and dead-inside salarymen want cute girls and fujos want cute boys. Judaism in Western comics is done against the market- there's no market for transgender black Spiderman or whatever the fuck else Marvel and DC are pushing out these days. The gook artstyle comes from golden-age Disney (who, though it's not totally relevant, fucking hated kikes) whereas Western art has degraded as the medium has been subverted. There's also the bare fact that comics were literally founded and run from the start by Jews.

There was a point where comics were pretty okay but let's not pretend that they're not total kike shit from bottom to top.

Kind of telling when Endeavor, the guy in there specifically to be a douche and an example of a fake hero, is more heroic than any hero in the west right now.

1: who the fuck doesn't want a Booster Gold game?

2: remember the Ultraverse? Pepperidge Farm remembers

3: I first discovered Amethyst while going through a collection of Crisis on Infinite Earths and related works. While she's not properly a superhero per se, her story is steeped in some pretty good dark fantasy and her power set is limited enough that it could translate well into game form

4: street level with fireworks and rollerskates. You know it'd be awesome
early vampilee might be good too

Green Arrow is really too rough & tumble. He's not properly stealthy as a hero so a game would come down to being a generic brawler with a bow for a ranged weapon. Give him trick arrows though…

I am not sure what shitty heroes you are reading but DC heroes are just as much heroes as ever.

This is because japs have it worse. They are such good goys that they work long hours for no pay and anime autism is there to satisfy the need to a relationship so they don't revolt. That is a million times more kike.
Comics are at the very least less cucked than videogames since you can still make sexy videogame characters but you aren't allowed to make sexy game characters.

Get the Scribblenauts team to make a Green Lantern 2D sidescroller beat em up/puzzle game. Use the Scribblenauts "call on any item" feature for fighting and puzzle solving.

The closest there will ever be to it is the Scribblenauts: Unmasked game from last gen.

largely true; nu52 didn't get 3/4 of the cast replaced with current year stand-ins (though Wally West did get blacked and Jay Garrick did get a case of gay)

at the same time, no one took an opportunity to actually do anything with the fresh start that nu52 gave them, and instead just removed history from the characters.
In many ways this is a missed opportunity; imagine if Batman were now Thomas Wayne as a default instead of in elseworld–this is a whole new set of stories, motivations, and applied skills for the dark knight. No longer the world's greatest detective, but a more brutal Batman driven by sorrow and revenge

thank the Presence for Rebirth

Stay triggered, goon.

Fuck this gay Earth

OG Wally is back now thankfully and DC kicked out the SJW shit.

You are the self hating weeb that got BTFO, why would I be triggered about your asshurt? Have fun hating your race and wishing every night that you were Japanese.

Don't bother. Weeaboos are the biggest autistics from 4chan. You can't convince them that Japan isn't anything but perfect despite the fact that it's actually a pretty shit place to live.

Based DC hates you as much as marvel, it's just they are smart enough to keep their mouths shut and not kill their business.

apply yourself, goons.

That's strange since they have good writers now and are doing things I like. Considering they kicked out their SJW writers and their current writers are red pilled I doubt they hate me. Go choke on a rice bowl and get ran over by a tank you wanna be zipper head.

Keep choking on the kikes cocks, goon, meanwhile I'll be reading based manga free of your masters poz.

Another thread ruined from "UR A KIKE" shitposting

Thanks for proving my point about the autism right user, now have a good night while I continue reading Swamp Thing and based Priest.

Stay analyravaged, goon.
I'll be using your tears as a lube as i fuck my 19 y/o gf tonight.

Priest is based. The reason he originally left comic books is because Marvel kept forcing him to write black characters because they figured "Hey he is black, so he we need to milk that fact". The only reason he came back to work for DC is that he is allowed to write white characters.

To go further (and double post) now that I think about it DC has been based in general for the past year and a half. Here are some caps from DC's twitters when Trump got elected.

Lefties voting wouldn't have actually changed a thing, though? They all live in big cities that were already going blue. It was Rust Belt and middle America that won Trump the election, and they sure as hell don't live there.

A Flash game like a speeded up God hand is all I ever wanted.

InFamous already exists.

What happens next?

Not to go too off topic, but I hate this. This is the first time in decades that anyone has listened to what REAL Americans have to say and now they are trying to shout our voices out. It's infuriating. I live in the Great Plains area and having every halfwit, retard mongoloid telling you that you are "uneducated" and "too ignorant" is fucking rage inducing.

you are right

I was surprised to not see a Wonder Woman game while the Movie was in theaters. As you say, a hack and slash game set in the WWI was a decent idea for a game

I would give anything to see them have an animated series or show up in the movies like a buddy cop thing.

A Green Hornet game with co-op would be fucking radical. It'll never happen, though.

lol no

Green Hornet, Inc. might license the video game rights if there's a movie coming out as well. There's supposed to be a reboot soon, but I'm not sure how soon that will happen.

Batman's at his absolute best when he's a street level superhero, even more so than spider-man

The problem is that many writers and DC aren't content with him being a street level hero. For some reason when a god of death or alien armada rolls into town Batman has to be fighting them hand to hand which makes no sense.

Get lost faggot. DC has been around for 80 years and in that time span there have been hundreds of good stories written in it's universe so of course it's natural for people to like some of them even if they aren't all great.

Wasn't there already a reboot or a remake starring that one Dudeweedlmao?

have the question do crime scene investigation, clue collection, and calls like out of Condemned
hell yeah