Is source 2 ever gonna be released to the public outside of dota?

Is source 2 ever gonna be released to the public outside of dota?

It's already out.

Not after they've been bleeding their dev talent this past year.

Great.

Where's the download to make Source 2 games then?

and Half Life 3 will be the same, only for Source 2

Half life 2 was much longer than 5 hours

It's in the lab
Only in the slingshot thing though, everything else was unity

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were losing writers not developers, yes?

only if you count all the ingame cutscene bullshit.

You're exaggerating how long those were.

The game's about 10 hours if you're playing it blind, but half that long if you know what you're doing.

Same here, please tell me there are decen hitboxes and terrain edition.

Terrain and lighting is massively improved, so is rendering. No idea about hitboxes.

TF2 hitboxes are atrocious, not as bad as Paladins and not as good as OW (which isn't much to be honest.)

those are the worst though

No, the worst are Paladins actually, they are one BIG chunky block with not even a critbox.

nigga if you ain't talking about the giant robot soldier, and literally only the giant robot soldier, you're full of shit.

I am talking about the whole "it doesn't rotate with the model and stays oriented with the map" thing.

I'm talking about the functional "Hit box of thing you need to interact with is shoved within the hitbox of another part of the body meaning an otherwise lined up shot will count as hitting something else, because fuck you we don't do regression testing" thing.
The fuck are you on about?

They fixed that 5 months ago actually.

what about 'you were going so fast with the baby face blaster that you're going faster than your hitbox'

Literally not how source engine works and just a shitty meme from redditards that couldn't use the original BFB.
If that really were the case most blast jumping classes would be impossible to hit.

Most shooters have shit hitboxes. When you see Holla Forums bang on about them in Overwatch it's because the board as a colossal hateboner for the game and will go to the most retarded lengths to complain about it.

Have you even seen that shit? Normalfags themselves bitch about the retarded hit boxes.
kill yourself

When I said "most shooters have shit hitboxes" did you think I wasn't also talking about overwatch's?

Most shitty FPS don't get shilled to death by Blizzdrones either.

Not him obviously but the thing is, Paladin's is the worst when it comes to horrible hitboxes, the least worst is OW for now.

>>>/memes/
>>>/plebbit/

Sorry I can't share.

I smell a shill. Maybe if the gameplay didn't suck ass and composed of mostly nigger characters people would hate it less.

Two or three months ago they said they are putting everything into three VR games that are "actual games" and not gimmicks. I think they're kinda stuck where they put a lot of work into some VR games under wraps but they're realizing at the same time that it's a dead platform.

At this point the Source Engine might as well be Valves own private non-license engine in the same vein as Fox Engine or the R.A.G.E (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine)

Back when it was first released it was state-of-the art in terms of modularity and configuration thanks to its Id Tech DNA. But unfortunately its modularity has also been its downfall because development became stagnant (we can't update any core functions or we risk breaking mod compatibility that made us strong, we can start componentizing but then we risk feature creep.etc)

Hell, even Garry Newman says he probably will not be using Source 2 for Gmod 2 that is if and when the lazy fuck even starts making it It's a shame because it feels like truly modular engines are dead. Everyone today uses Unreal Engine or Unity and neither of those are anywhere near as modular as Source or Id Tech, one big problem is the lack of a formal scripting and command language.

Valve could remake Source 2 to use modern software like swapping VPhysics with Bullet and swapping QPhysics for Euphoria but eventually Source 2 will suffer the same fate as Source 1 do to its modular nature

The hitbox argument is kind of retarded but Overwatch is just straight up a bad game bro

Shame he’s a kike; he draws really damn well.

I thought he was a Swede? Source?

The high incidence of directly jewish iconography in his art is way too coincidental, given the sheer infrequency of kikes showing up in Swedish society.

It's a silly meme, not meant to be serious. I plucked it off of r/milliondollarextreme

pls explain

bump

If were going to talk about broken shit in tf2 how about the fact hit scan bullets are block by ally body's boy I do love lining a shot up, only for my dick nose teammate to come into the frame block my shot and proceed to get myself shot because this ass hat had to get in my fucking way. Let's talk about how easy it is to hit someone with nades and rockets, but some how harder to hit with shotguns and smgs and miniguns.

=HOW ABOUT WE TALK ABOUT HOW THIS GAME SUCKS THE BALLS EVER SINCE FREE TO GAY HAPPEN GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!=

Hitscan traces ignore teammates though.
Tauntkill ray traces don't though.

Fake news

fuck right off

How about you pull your head out of your own buttocks and join a not shit server, Captain Dickhead

Just go on his twitter, he's a total SJW

There's a video showing the Medic Hitbox that's just one big large box around him that doesn't even turn around as the Medic does.
That means it's easier to hit him depending at what angle you shoot him, that's fucking retarded.

TF2 hitboxes for a lot of things, especially projectiles, are just a large box surrounding your character.
Meanwhile in Overwatch, you can actually shoot someone in-between his legs or between his arm and his torso.

Please do consider what it actually means to have a "shit hitbox".

What the fuck is it with Overwatch fags and the "Holla Forums is one person" argument? It's already an invalid point because us and all the other Overwatch fags arguing about it day by day disproves that.
All it really implies is that you don't even go on Holla Forums and probably lurk.

eh

Us as in me and the people on the board that argue that Overwatch is shit.
Which by the way Overwatch is shit.

I'm also waiting this for SFM 2

Eh, it's different and does enough things right that it deserves the spot it got.
Every other "better" game is stale as fuck and appeals to a very specific playerbase that got really pissed everyone else just doesn't like what they like and join up for their dying games.

The game definitely has its problems. Thing is it's the people who actually play the game out who point out what they are. Most of the people who complain about it here complain about the most stupid crap.

No fucking shit not everyone on Holla Forums is like that, I know you feel compelled to complain about video games on the internet but get your aspergers in check.