ITT stuff from old games that are more impressive than what we have now

ITT stuff from old games that are more impressive than what we have now.

inb4 mgs2 ice mechanics

MGS2 insect mechanics

Literally everything except graphics.

Rainbow Six 3 and it's AI. Still some amazing shit even after all these years. Fuck Siege, fuck Wildlands and fuck ubi for soiling Tom Clancy's name.

Indie shit can never get the feeling of 2d platforming just right.

ultima underworld has impressive physic for a 92 game

Stuff about HL1 is generally quite impressive. I love how they actually put effort into what aliens are doing.
Also AI in general used to had much more effort put into it.

Stories are often more expansive and solid than in older games.
Think Last of Us, Witcher 3, SOMA, MGSV (if it was finished) for example of some good ones.

The option to play as you want are also better

I never knew that. That's pretty fucking cool.

as much as i like rs3 the ai is literally cheating on the highest difficulty, still my favorite rainbow six even though 1 and rogue spear are amazing as well

I find the graphics more impressive to honestly if only because they didn't look so fucking stock back then.

I actually base how impressed I am with graphics on the hardware it's running on. Gunstar Heroes is one of the most impressive games on the Genesis, but it'd be unacceptable on the PS2

This. Every single game now looks the same.

Good graphics used to be impressive because they were achieved using such limited hardware. Now hardware is essentially unlimited so nobody can impress with any graphics they can achieve on it.

Released in 2002, half a year before Vice City

There was quite a bit of such stuff in HL1. Most of it documented mostly by channel OP posted.
And the fucking showcase of HL2 were physics.

I really think it is more of a case of . Nowadays every single game is realistic shooter in one way or another and no developers tries to make good concept arts for their enemies.

Also inflated polygon count. We are stuck at having max 20 enemies at once, in most cases zombies might I add.
You people are talking like graphics actually are impressive nowadays. In reality they are keeping us down from actually using our processing power in a good way like 1000 vs 1000 battles in M&B.

ye sure it was cool, but max payne also had this

Why does Wrister hat?

Nigger, I'm saying graphics can't be impressive nowadays because the hardware doesn't impose any significant limits on the graphics designers. Making something gorgeous out of 500 polygons and a 256x256 texture is impressive as fuck, making something gorgeous out of 50,000 polygons and a 2048x2048 texture isn't.

I miss EAX

I used your post to shit on one who started this conversation and people participating in it. Hoping they actually threads they post in.
But yeah I agree on impressiveness of modern graphics.

Nothing we have now is impressive, games havent evolved shit in 10 years

bump