This is the most disappointing game I've ever played. This was worse than Mankind Divided in all honesty

This is the most disappointing game I've ever played. This was worse than Mankind Divided in all honesty.

Every ending was pure shit

Yes, it was so bad that it took them 8 years to make a sequel, although this can be the case for great games as well. (F-Zero, Custom Robo, Devil May Cry, God Hand)

Imagine if both those games would've been GREAT and popular for the rising console-generation, instead of Halo and CoD.

considering how consolized both of them were, it would've only meant worse games for everyone.
Both Deadly Shadows and Invisible wars have smaller levels than Halo and worse PC ports to boot.

That poster art though. Man, that's lame as fuck.

Still 10x more clever games than Halo ever will be.

wut?
Halo is a serviceable shooter and an original IP. Both DS and Invisible Wars are braindead bastardization of their prequels that effectively killed their genres.

2deep4u

Both are good games and way beyond in terms of game-play and level-design than the original Halo.

you are delusional if you think so
The only good level in Thief 3 is the Shalebridge Cradle and that is purely on the concept. Every other level is so disjointed with loading screens that it feels sluggish
There is literally nothing good about Invisible wars and the fact that you think it has good gameplay and level design only shows that you've never touched it.

Someone wasn't having fun with the ragdolls while they were playing.
Yeah, no doubt the game is absolute crap, I think it's better than Mangrind Incited because you can actually have some wacky shenanigans while the other is way too serious in a non-Deus Ex way.

How can invisible war be worse than making Adam a clone?

What the fuck did the writers think when they implemented it anyways? It didn't add nothing to the DX universe, and everyone knows Adam Jensen's DNA is the one that made Paul and JC Denton. So, why the fuck an exact clone of AJ?

I still liked Mankind Divided a lot because it had better environmental and level design than Human Revolution.

Isn't that just speculation though? Besides, invisible war's gameplay was absolute shit, and the aug system is completely lackluster. Having to choose between something hacking, or cloaking is pretty absurd in its own right.

I like Mankind Divided's gameplay significantly more than HR, and it's the only one other than the original where it feels like you can play it as an actual shooter if you want.

You could say that, though the other Jensen is sitting right in the Versalife vault.

just take out the fucking water level you morons

I actually really like IW, but then again you're talking to a guy who has HR as one of his favorite games. The two are so similar and it's clear that HR was based off IW instead of the original. Don't get me wrong, I love the original. I guess I have shit taste.

but that was never confirmed to be him though, and that's an inaccurate portrait of him.

We definitely play as the OG Jensen in MD, the thing in the VersaLife vault is a clone of him.

Deadly shadows was acutally fun imo. It just suffered from technical drawbacks because of consoles. The cradle has to be one of the best level ever

I gave Invisible War a chance and did actually have some fun with it, but then I hit a point where I had to go through like six loading screens (all of which that took over a minute and kicked me back to my desktop) after completing a mission and needing to report back to someone. Uninstalled it after that and never looked back. At the very least they could have implemented a quick travel system to mitigate the ridiculous amounts of loading screens, goddamn.

I really like all the deus ex games too, but I think IW is irredeemable. There's too many flaws both minor and major with the game that are very obvious to a lot of players.

IW is the original "PC game gets turned into console trash"

Deus Ex was never good.
Original Deus Ex is a mistake into miracle.

Bait elsewhere

I want to replay it without a million loading screens and see how it holds up.

I don't much like the sound of that, wouldn't want sneakass games to get as fucked out as shooters.

Yep, you've never played Deus Ex or IW. Delete the thread.

but that's what made deus ex great in the first place. You can play it however you want.

Invisible war was doomed to be shit. Did anyone here read the Deus Ex design documents? Deus Ex being good was a complete accident, it was supposed to be a casualised shooter RPG for casuals who found real RPGs too hard.

No, it's actually really good.

Let's not exagerate, okay?

Augmentations at least stay true to the original and with a fuckload of variety still, instead of only 4 powers and lots of passive crap. Compare the Sprint Augmentation in either 1 or 2 to what Sprint is for Jensen to see how bad this crap is.

Invisible Wars has a problem with the lack of Skills, something that sholdn't have been removed but rather reworked. However DE3 only remakes them as more augmentations instead to give you the illusion of content and remove the whole point of skill levels as rewards for getting shit done, instead being a grindy piece of shit.

It also had a problem with the smaller maps and constant loading all the time, but it's not like the newer games actually solved this, you just never notice it very well. Everytime you go into a corridor and there's a wall that takes a while to open, that's just the game loading the next level. You still get the same large open lab areas like arenas to operate in.

The endings were not that great but at least you had to do something better than pressing a button to get a different ending, and it's one of the few games that gives you a "kill everyone" ending anyway in case you actually didn't liked anyone.

>>>/reddit/

It was the first Douche Ex game I ever tried and I dropped it within 15 minutes. Game was literally gay as fuck.

The PC port still runs like shit even on modern hardware

Define "modern". Because I ran it about 10 years ago in a mid-grade PC and it was fine.

probably because its not multithreaded at all and can't deal with modern drivers.

It's hardly an appeal to popularity at all, Mankind Divided wasn't all that bad, but hardly that interesting either. The major flaw pointed was that it barely did anything with it's previous game and considering how luke warm that was, it can't possibly be better than IW except in the graphics department.

That game got X-Botched.

CA7TD-IFTAE-XWTBV

who got to it faggot?

"Awwwwee yeeeee! in the future, I'mma bust a cap in your ass yo!"

>be young and in high school when DE:IW came out

That was probably the first and most severe case of buyer's remorse I've ever had, anons. Something in my tiny gamer body died that day.

I also just played through Mankind Divided and god DAMN was that shitshow. Aside from the environment art being fucking great at times, it was ten hours of pure nothingness. Like watching people put makeup on a corpse and do the Weekend at Bernie's thing.

I just want a Resident REmake style REmake of the original Deus Ex that fixes its odd bugs and makes it even better. I know it's not a possibility with how cucked Warren Spector has gotten, but I can still dream.