ITT: Guess the highest level of education of the user based on his favorite videogame...

ITT: Guess the highest level of education of the user based on his favorite videogame. Bonus if you guess his degree or field of study.

video related
this and link to the past

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform
degreeinfo.com/forum.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kindergarden

student rep on anal slut school

Coursing university in some STEM field or possibly History.

NASA

A tie between these two. I can still play and enjoy them to this day.
Fuck Maverick Hunter though, the only good part was Vile mode and his edgy as fuck ending.

You work as a Navy Seal

You are a witch doctor who smokes salvia

Art Director

I would CoD tier games would be more of a Navy Seal's speed.

Something that doesn't involve talking to a lot of people.

I could say you could even guess my career too.

another one of these threads? we had one on age this week.

Architect.

Psychologist.

Gardener.

Not tonight, FBI

Programmer

Window cleaner

City planner

I'll have fries with that, please

QA guy :^)

Transsexual

Gardener I can understand, but where did window cleaner come from?

Mexican

The one in the OP is a close second tho

one of these, haven't bothered playing fallout 2 yet though.

Waiter

Marketer.

Nope

Historian

Nope, currently studying engineering.

clang clang?

Hitman. Deus Ex is my favorite game and I'm a programmer.

Also, navy seal is far from what I do. It is labor intensive though.

Soon my fellow user.

pretty close. Civil Engineering.

I even have all the sound tracks and play them while I design.

Mechanic

It's not my #1 favorite, but it's the first thing I can think of whenever I try to recall video games I consider my favorite.

Close enough, I work as a wire monkey for a company that sets up and installs networks for small businesses.

IT or some sort of Planner.

Fucking rad.

Well done, you guessed right.

Grave digger.

Security guard.

You work a till.

Programmer

Zoologist

Just a few off the top of my head because I generally can't pick just one.

highschool drop out but still managed to make a living

Finished Highschool, didn't go to college, getting a CJ degree off an online college

2/3 correct

Really close
I'm a veterinarian

Wanted to work in art, disillusion or lack or motivation lead to a boring but more practical career

That's fucking awesome!

How do you know me, where do you live, and how can you get out of my head?

Picking a single overall favorite is difficult.

Just a hunch, it seemed like something Wario would do.

It is STEM.

You like to get invested in games but don't mind comfy casual stuff too. I'm going to say college and programming

Aspirations are right on the mark

Computer Science

Computer Graphics or EE

IT work or retail?

i'm making some pretty good guesses this thread

I.Q. 75

Both technically right, I have switched my major to Marine Bio recently however.

Mechanical Engineer

Probbaly an IT guy.

I don't remember if this is my favorite one but I spent a lot of time playing it.

You are throwing your life away pursuing a medical/law degree and you survive off ramen while slaving away at school.

Shit, almost right.

civil engineering or archaeology

NEET or didn't go to college. not because you're an idiot

YOU FUCKING LIFT, BRO

Thanks man! I'ts a really fun profession

sage for non vidya

Two people who have had to switch jobs. Been employed for a while and had to see the lanscape of the job market change

I was having trouble coming up with anything besides "slightly older than me" ideas but that feels like a propable deduction.

Didn't finish high school thanks to watching ching chong wing wong shit. :^)

Incorrect

nope

Something in stem…
too cliche to be electrical or computer…
toooo cliche to be enlisted….
Chemical engineering or Civil engineering

I'll give you a hint.
I work for the jews

a refugee transporter
yamaka fabricator
barmitzvah planner
a kosher farmer
a sea separator
a shekel shelver
a talking dradle

That could be anything

Journalist?

I like yamaka fabricator the best and now I'm just shitting up the thread, so lets just go with that. If you really must know I dropped out of highschool, have a bachelors equivalent from a private college and now work in vfx

Yeah now that I think about it, that was a bad hint.

I think you probably work as a network engineer or for a telecommunications company in some capacity.

the financing industry

nope
I can see people guessing my field but not my job or what company I work at

32, some college

Well. Here's mine.

College education, engineering.

I want to say, Bachelors in Engineering?

College for computer sci. or related but struggling to find work

Some college education, working in retail

inb4 blatant nintendo fanboy

My top 4

Third one's probably the most telling. Though I guess that Bastion could also give some insight. MMX just has tight controls and sweet gameplay, hard to get tired of it.

The servers for Tri shut down on my birthday. I'm still mad about that. I miss Gigginox, and Khezu is cancer. Why'd they replace best leech with worst leech?

Pretty accurate, got a degree in comp sci but I realized I like it as a hobby but making it a job kills the joy of it for me.
I work as a cnc machinist now and suprisingly the job market looks promising.

Anyone who posts Minecraft of FNAF is a Youtube Whore college dropout.

Game design. You want to make something for someone else to play.

You could be literally anyone.

Something artistic. Maybe you paint?

Heh, I'm glad Doom is so universal. BA in Fine Arts.

[insert Peter Molyneux meme here]

Mechanical engineering

Biology

I started classes for that but dropped out because the teachers were garbage, later I went into something more technical

I have a coulple others, but these are some.

You do manual labor, or you work a mans job.

waitress plus streaming on the side

I must add, the second pat is spot on

I. Fucking.Wish.
Three degrees. Two bachelors that are pretty much worthless in this climate. (Liberal Arts and an actual Graphic Design degree) and a few years back I finished my Marketing stuff while preparing for my A+ certification later this year.
Meanwhile, in the harsh bleak reality, I've been working IT and doing graphics jobs on the side.
I've made terrible mistakes in my life. I should have went straight into IT after Highschool, saved a lot of money and would have been far happier a lot sooner.
But nah- - Lemme waste 20 years on nothing and have my portfolio destroyed in a fucking fire fuck my life

Correct, I'm a carpenter actually. Based on your choices and guess you might be in a trade as well, gonna guess electrician.

no, but I do think I counted for STEM

you're in the military.
chairforce, I'd say

I have close cousin who just finished uni for game design. His favorites include: Zero Time Dilemma, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Persona and League. Loving simple mechanics, great gameplay shouts AGDG to me.

Interestingly, I don't think I'd hate being a waiter, or being internet famous Cry style, not Markiplier style for free monies. I'm not though.

Ever hear the theory about Termina from MM?

Oh shit thats what I was going to be, but I went into something else, that has to do with radios. Nice guess.

telecommunications

something to do with accounting

something something engineer or something completely away from STEM

Someone who has a computer related job. Maybe security systems or CNIT

audio engineer or DSP engineering?

More along the lines of RF Trans, and Sat Comm.
sometimes mobile radios

Either managing something or labor intensive, possibly a combination of the two.

All my top 10 are pretty close but here are 3

I used to play a Fire Elementalist, but eventually I learned the art of the Mesmer.

It's a shame there was no sequel.

Let's see.

Suck dicks for a living

Same

Don't have a favorite, but these are the three I have the most hours in.

Got through secondary school. Maybe some college. Probably not STEM focused.
I'm guessing something more white-collar.
Dead-end job as a keyboard-monkey that makes you enough to pay the bills and live quiet, solitary life?

Eerily accurate. . .

There are some more, but these are the ones I enjoyed the most to the point where I give them a replay once a year at least.

inb4 hundreds of kindergarten posts

god dammit

Education: Highschool/college dropout
Profession: 200% neet
I'm jealous.

Played it recently and found it too easy but the childhood memories prevent me from me not loving it

Doctor

Not even close. I did consider dropping out at the first semester of college though.

High School

Engineer

Not even close

Engineer

NEET

HR for a firm

Manager of some sorts

Mechanic

Builder/architect

Retail

Mercenary

Uni Student

Correct.

I wish microjew would just sell the franchise already.

High school dropout NEET.

University student.
Possibly an English or History degree. I imagine you're trying to become a teacher.

Manual labor/blue-collar worker.
Reckon you dropped out in either high school or college.

High school graduate and ex-military.

Definitely this one.

Some post grad I'm guessing.
Machinist/Welder/Gunsmith/STALKER

I'll never understand how people do this. Just too many videogames to choose from.

I honestly just pick a favourite and it's usually different

Well, I was almost close.
And nope, I'm a high school dropout. I wish I was a post graduate at my age.

I have multiple favorites but decided based on which game in my favorite list had the least amount of obvious flaws in it. Also, decided to pick a less recent favorite game.

It's really hard to pick favourites, generally why I prefer 3x3 threads for favourite stuff since you can pool a bunch of games you love for different reasons

At the very least got through high school. Perhaps enlisted in college to study biology, probably made it through to bachelor's.

Bachelor's in a college. Studied something related to logic and math, but always had a liking to subjects related to history and mythology so you checked out these topics when something caught your interest

Correct in the first one, the second one not really. I'm interested in history topics, however.

That's the only part that's correct

It's rather hard to pick one.

Godspeed man.

Education is about selecting the obedient: if you can't numb your conscience or aren't prone to corruption, you will only get as far as those in power will let you.

Nope.

Stalker ShoC
Doom 2
007: Nightfire
Rome: Total War
GTA: SA

Dudebro middle manager about to get cucked in divorce proceedings after siring 1.7 children.

Not even remotely close.

More like too close for comfort, right?

Nope. About to graduate college, worked as a dev for a year.

Nope. No marriage, no kids, no friends, never managed a thing and I've been truneet for 90% of my adult life.

Oh… I guess I'm… I'm not very good at this…

Fallout: New Vegas
Deus Ex
Garry's Mod
Arma 3
Banished
GTA IV
Team Fortress 2

I think you mean school, not education. Education is the learning process, you can do it through an apprenticeship or you can just get whatever material you need and learn by yourself.

The anti school meme seems pretty strong in America.
I get the fact that it's super fucking expensive and that makes it not worth it sometimes but that shouldn't stop people from trying to pursue higher education regardless. Just be cautious.

We've reached the bargaining phase. No. Higher education in the US needs to burn to the ground.
Rather than force a confrontation, though, we should just let online education slowly eat it alive.

Chill it with your meme arrows. I'm not american.
I was mostly implying not necessarily going to the most expensive school, and seeking alternative methods of educations when it's convenient. For instance, IT values certificates rather than school diplomas.

No, the point he is making is fairly legitimate. And in the US you have things like Common Core for school and blatant propaganda for university, where even if you study STEM, you are still forced to do something like intercultural studies or pretty much anything related to feminism. I would definitely recommend people getting into a trade, only after getting into one did I realise how absolutely useless what you are taught in school is, even if you assume that every single word of the source material used is necessary for later on in life.

man, these fuckers are smart

Not all schools are impossibly expensive last I heard.

Most of the time it's not even people seeking a job that pays more, it's people trying to study a subject with no plan as to what job they are going to be getting with it, only "oh I liked X in school therefore I am going to do it in university". Alternatively it's people going for meme degrees like architecture or law. And also this, lots of people go for super expensive universities because they think that simply because it is prestigious that it is good or that having the mention of the word "Yale" will guarantee them whatever position they want.

The whole system is disgustingly inefficient and outmoded as well as being a breeding pool for defective social patterns and just generally needs to stop being subsidized.

Heh, that was my old job.
Now I'm in telecommunications, soon to take classes for electronic maintenance because cars are getting more electronics in them

Studied that myself actually, it's not going to be that much different for you from learning to be a mechanic, you are simply going to be going more in-depth on sensors and ignition systems

Yup.

Forgot to mention that you're still going to use an oscilloscope and multimeter for pretty much everything you touch (for which you will obviously use information provided by the manufacturer), the things I stated that it would be in-depth on is simply the general area which you concentrate on.

I've seen these in my Uni's IT lab, marveling at what looks to be 1960's technology, but not knowing anything about them.
Tell me, wise electric user, what do they do? How do you use one? They obviously measure frequencies of something, so don't tell me that. I want the juicy stuff

Oscilloscopes just let you look at a signal. It's only really useful for repeating signals. Things like audio signals, control signals, etc. They're nifty, but not often useful outside of measuring things like phase difference or modulation in a signal. Multimeters can do 90% of what you'll need for day to day work.

He asked for the juicy stuff

Usually, the horizontal plane is time, you can change how much time each square represents, it makes no sense to look at low frequency signals if each of the squares represents miliseconds, the vertical plane is voltage, it's the same deal that happens with the horizontal plane, you can pick how much each square represents.
You can out them in X-Y mode, where you make each of the planes represent a different signal, I don't know what's the use of this because I only used them in the regular mode.
You can do some neat shit on X-Y mode though.

They can also be used to play quake.

are these threads just an obtuse method of collecting information?

this fucks with me for some reason

But thanks for sharing that. It was amazing.

how?

I wish I was smart

Nope. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, and Amazon haven't sent out marketing teams for this. Now go back to sleep.

NEET

you possess some powerful autism powers though
i hold top 10 world percentile time trials in CTR

MATH!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform

Are we being (((DATAMINED)))?

I bet i can take a look in both age and education threads and compile a list of information based on games you posted. Just look for similar responses.

Fuck you.

I remember when people would call me smart
>wow, user, you know all that? you're so smart!
for the sake of this thread, I'm a college drop out. programming major
Math used to be my ezpz subject
highest I ever got was pre-calc
I see integral signs there, and I never learned about that
then there's what looks like forte and forte with a hat
I swear, I felt like I've been getting dumber by the year since I got done with highschool
I don't even have what it takes to be an autodidact. I need to have my hand held for just about everything I learn these days
my "smarts" are the only thing I ever had going for me, and I'm still in my 20's. I don't want to go senile; losing my ability to think terrifies me, so I never even allowed myself to get drunk, even once
is this what 4am threads are for?

sorry for the blog post. is there a khan academy or something for shit like this? I want to feel competent again.

You might not be senile, but you're most definitely neurotic.

I think the only reliable information that could be garnered from my posts would be that I like this game about giant robots.

Not my favorite game, but it's up there.

Do you have proof that people are telling you the truth?

No. I just don't doubt the possibility that shit tons of datamining happen on Holla Forums all the time. I imagine places like this are a marketing researcher's wet dream.

Transfer any courses you completed at college to University of the People and finish your computer science major there online.
uopeople.org

It's only $100 a class (which you might be able to get waived with a scholarship if you're super poor), and only $12 for each class you transfer.

It's a legit nationally accredited online university. People talk shit on national accreditation but the Department of Education considers it the same as regional (big school) accreditation.

considering OP is 1 and done that is likely the case

thank you, user.
It was DeVry, with a major called Game and Simulation Programming.
Is that really worth anything? I jumped right into it at the age of 17 (dropped out at 20), all starry-eyed and naive. I'm currently driving Uber while I try to get a house flipping business off the ground (driving Uber is actually helping me make contacts); I don't think I can handle college courses on top of that. Being that driving for Uber allows me to have the most flexible schedule possible while undertaking this venture, I don't want to end up an employee having to clock in somewhere according to someone else's schedule.
But still, $100 a class and other degrees besides just comp-sci makes me think I can start over on a more practical path.
What are lucrative degrees? if I'm going to be some W-2 slave making someone else rich, I want to earn at least earn six figures.

I don't really have any good info except on getting cheap valid college degrees, but I will share what I know about that:

If you finished generals, then yes, UoPeople will accept a lot of them. I don't know if I'd do UoPeople for anything but Computer Science, though. Programmers are in such demand that you can get away with a degree from just about anywhere. UoPeople is gaining reputation, but it still isn't ideal. Nonetheless, it is cheap and highly flexible.

If you do decide to take a crack at computer science again, UoPeople makes it about as easy as it can be. It runs on a 5 semester/2 class a semester system, so it feels like part-time rather than full, and all the material is organized into clear weekly chunks.

If you want any other kind of degree, then you'll probably want to "test and transfer" instead. degreeinfo.com/forum.php has resources on it, but basically you can test out of most classes by studying for simple tests cheaply (CLEP and others) and transferring to an online school like Thomas Edison University that has liberal transfer policies. You only end up having to pay actual tuition for 1 or 2 semesters if you do it right.

I bought that game for pc when I was a child, with my own hard earned cash, and for some stupid reason my pc refused to read the cd, even though it worked on other computers. So I had that game on my shelf for about 10 years before I bought a new pc. It a really fun game actually, good collectathon. But those childhood years of agony trying to get the cd to work were horrible.

the reason they shit on it, is most likely so that big schools dont lose out on money and people feel obligated to go to the Cash cow colleges that "teach" you with very smart (((teachers)))

Accountant

animator

teacher

History major in college, so now you work some 9-to-5 while trying to write your novel.

As much as i like history i wouldn't go as far as to major it. I will give you a hint: many fail and don't make it so far in my field. It also requires you to study another language.

These two are inexplicably linked in my mind. Have a guess.

Bachelors in physics.

sounds like the food industry
You've stumped me unless you're opening a restaurant abroad

I really doubt anyone can tell what Carrer I have from my tastes, I would even put my carrer game on here but there isnt even one I found.

Well i think you will have to guess more :^)

Last hint what i can think of: there's a lot of jews or at least people with jewish names in my field, but it isn't accounting or anything to do with money

Found the high school grad

Actually it's highschool

Makes me think of showbiz/hollywood, but that doesn't need another language.
Last thing I can think of is you're doing something with the end goal being a Nobel prize, which might require you to learn a second language so you can collab with international scientists.

Well at least in my field you can tell its not literacy related. I dont really care.

When is summer going to end?

Are you a janitor?

PhD in Applied Mathematics.

For all the money that PearsonVUE makes off of its certs, you'd figure they'd be rich enough for high schools courses of computer hardware and networking/servers. Granted, shit like that would make IT more pozzed, so it's a bit of a monkey's paw.

I'm actually a programmer, I can't draw or animate.

Some people just want to talk, it's better than a 4am thread at least.

I know that feel, man. Sometimes all it takes is splitting time between activities to break an honors student especially if they hop between campuses for job and school, and doing mandatory after-school activities for their career. I believe whoever graduates as an engineer is either no Holla Forumsirgin or born with a silver spoon. Malcolm in the Middle fucked me over in a few ways growing up, AP is nothing to be ashamed of.

As for learning calc, Khan academy covers nearly everything these days, but they still don't cover advanced calc. Their programming courses are a bit shallow though, you can learn better through books. If you prefer video lectures, torrent rips of udemy/lynda lectures from your local watering hole, and join the /dpt/ threads on Holla Forums. Holla Forums is useless for programming advice.

I'm not 1 and done.
I'm 2 and shoo!

Why the fuck do people think anyone wants to datamine Holla Forums of all places. It's an excuse of an argument to sage threads.

I wish. I only took honors in geometry, pre-calc, and chem. And boy did I enjoy those. No one in those classes complained about work loads, like those peasants back in basic, even though it was almost twice as much per class. And the teachers were more chill too. I suspect because they didn't have to waste their day putting up with retards and their antics.

here's hoping for 3 and flee

Empanada vendor