ITT: Bullshit myths you wish gaming communities would stop using

ITT: Bullshit myths you wish gaming communities would stop using.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=model m keyboard&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1311.R1.TR7.TRC2.Xmodel m k&sqp=model m k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one wants to buy your shitty CRTs faggot.

CRTs are good because of high refresh rates, not high resolutions. I'd rather play a game at [email protected]/* */ than [email protected]/* */, provided the game supports it.

reminder that there are people who paid 1500$+ for a widescreen CRT

>. I'd rather play a game at [email protected]/* */ than [email protected]/* */
good to know you're brain damaged.

not only was I not talking about refresh rates, but also, you're eye can't see faster than 50fps anysways

CRT resolution is limited by beam focus, requiring tighter focus for higher resolution because otherwise it blurs pixels together (at least this way you get zero-latency hardware anti-aliasing). And color resolution is limited by mask grill resolution.

The real high side of a CRT is low persistence display. Modern LCD, plasma and LED are all full persistence, creating smearing and ghosting effects thus generally fucking with anything that moves rapidly. You get hardware zero-latency motion fucking blur which you cannot hope to switch off.

That the human eye can see above 30 fps. It can't.

Consider suicide.

So you made this thread on a false premise and you admit it? Thanks for being honest, at least.

I addressed CRT and resolution, you illiterate retard

And you're a retarded queer because "infinite" resolution is the very last reason to buy a CRT and nobody with two brain cells to rub together would even consider associating CRTs and high resolution.

Its just some faggots that a storage fulkl of this crap ansd is memeing these dumb kids into buying his old shitty CRTs

Everything in gaming is about making profit over retards like tthe ones that post here and are shilled 24/7 while Mark counts his money bills

I love how CRTfags are too triggered to use the thread to show people why they see CRT as better, nope, instead "OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN WE SAGE BOMB UNTIL DEATH!"

I would like to say that CRT have benefits. LCD/LED have benefits too. Just use which ever you like more. i use both.

That's because CRTfags are too wise to take low effort bait and the fact there's already a thread for that you lalahomofaggot.

this is a thread made by someone born after 9/11 which really makes you think

so…this is the power of…..lcd

This is a really old one, but I'm getting a little tired of people calling the Atari ET landfill an "urban legend." It was never ambiguous whether it was true or not–Atari straight-up admitted it–but even after three separate documentary crews went out and filmed the landfill itself we still get newfags claiming it's just a hoax or just a legend.

totally not faked dude

Staring at a blurry-as-fuck flickering screen all day give CRTfags brain cancer. No matter how much flat panels advance they'll be flinging shit and acting smug while cherry-picking to amplify their false sense of "I'm right and everyone else is wrong!". When I think about it their behavior is identical to liberals.

Well now they even dug up and sold a few of the undamaged one (because they covered the whole fucking thing in cement) at an auction for some charity.

lcd defense force activated

why do you get so defensive over the type of display you use

Why do you? I mean you made this post assuming which sort of display I use. Seems pretty defensive.

those are extremely obvious that the brightness is maxed out. I've seen old broken LCDs, but none where the corners go white like that.

The best CRTs cost more than new 4K HD tvs. That's because autists such as yourselves made them skyrocket in price just like you did in 2012 with the mechanical keyboard boom.

nigger its the fucking back light. dont you even know how LCDs work? turn off your lights, take out a camera, and turn your monitor to a black display. this is what it'll look like.

this is a bait thread. OP started with an argument that no crtfag would ever support since their entire argument is input delay, black levels, and framerate. LCDs win in every other category, but framerate and input delay are important to people that dont play casual vidya.

Wait what? Do keyboards seriously cost more now? I've been using the same one since like 2005.

that was quick

no, it's just an inherent flaw to the technology. OLED fixes this but then we're talking absurd prices and very poor lifetimes.

The point of the image is to show that LCD panels have poor backlight distribtuion, and also to point out that if you max out the brightness of a CRT, you still get perfect black levels because it functions by choosing whether or not to beam electrons at specific points instead of always having a light on so you can see.

I moved to high refresh rate LCDs for PC gaming a long time ago, but if you have the itch to play classic consoles CRTs are still the best viewing experience for them.

To be fair, the only reason why mechanical keyboards were so expensive is that the Cherry MX switches they all used were still under patent protection. That's since expired, so mechanical keyboards have since gone down in price unless you want a fancy custom one like WASD does.

Yep.

The mechanical keyboard meme started in 2012 and has been driving the prices of keyboards up ever since. Mechboards existed long before that, but they weren't relevant till 2012. I'll piss off alot of autists here but it's fuckin true.

I don't know about any price history, but all the cheap mechanical keyboards are these gaudy as fuck G A M E R keyboards with R G B L E D L I G H T I N G and G A M E R F O N T. You can only escape this ugly abomination with fully customized keyboards starting at $100.

a newly produced quality mechanical keyboard is easily over $100. used ones like the IBM one are still extremely cheap.
CRTs are expensive because good ones havnt been produced in years so people are willing to spend more out of fear before they cant anymore.

I'm sorry your manlet noodle arms can't lift a CRT. It must be frustrating that your poor genetics have consigned you to inferior LCD technology. Life must be rough with nature itself against you fam

What the fuck is incoherent about pointing out that you assumed I use LCD TVs in your post? Are you mentally retarded and incapable of understanding simple English? Are you a poor foreign fag or something?

Should I slow down and type in all caps for you?
WHY ARE YOU GETTING SO DEFENSIVE ABOUT THE DISPLAY TYPE YOU CHOSE? ARE THERE MAYBE FEELINGS OF INADEQUACY LINKED TO IT?

This bullshit that it's not "gamer gear" unless it has lights and pretty colors all over it needs to fucking die. I've seen pride parades less garish than a lot of the stuff Razor puts out.

Nigger, I'm 6'5" and lift shit you could never hope to lift. Keep trying to sell CRTs out the trunk of your car though Mohammed.

yeah, if your source is analog, you should use an analog display. You'd be kind of retarded to use a 1080p console like a PS4 on an analog display because it only outputs digitally. There's a large number of benefits to CRT, however. Still, it makes me happy that the 12 people on this board that regularly use CRTs have managed to amass an autistic shrieking following of eternally butthurt children.

$200+ for a piece of junk that only autists and vaporwave redditfags would love isn't cheap user.

You are the cancer here friend.

model m's are nice and if you ever see them at a thrift store take them all and give them a good home

they go for like $20 wtf are you talking about?

lol

Oh shit user, I'm sorry. It's even worse I thought. Are you okay? Try to eat something

Now when you say mechanical keyboard you mean something like this or what? Mine's exactly like this one but Acer brand and if it was any more than like 15 bucks I'd be surprised.

Model Ms are nice keyboards but those spring-loaded keys are incredibly loud. There's no chance you'd ever get away with using it in a shared computing space, especially if you're like me and you stay up late while everyone else in the house is sleeping.

What's the matter manlet, getting butthurt about my height?

What planet do you live on?

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=model m keyboard&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1311.R1.TR7.TRC2.Xmodel m k&sqp=model m k

you said
you know IDs exist, right?

mechanical keyboards have mechanical keys instead of a membrane key. you can identify them from pressing keys because they "snap" like a typewriter.

that's unfortunate. I personally use a keyboard with cherry mx blues. Still, if you happen to find any model Ms, take care of them so you might have the chance to use them in the future, that or get them to someone who can.

Mechanical keyboards use old-fashioned mechanical switches to register keypresses instead of the rubber domes that are standard in modern keyboards. They supposedly last longer than standard keyboards but they're also much more expensive. I actually just googled "budget mechanical keyboard" and the cheapest one I found was a hair under 40 bucks.

Hell yeah man, I'd love to try the old Model Ms. Haven't seen one since I was a kid. Only thing is I can't really imagine gaming on a keyboard like that these days, but fuck it I'll give it a shot for old times' sake.

Butthurt CRT shilling faggot detected. How's your hipster lifestyle going for you?

Just admit you're an easily aggrevated nigger with no self control, who falls for the most basic bait in the world

i see them for cheaper at computer shops that sell them. but theyre only going for 40-50 on ebay so whats the big deal?

no.

I was going to suggest lifting but a mere 10 lbs would probably snap your arms like dry spaghetti. Nature was crueler to you than I ever imagined. I'm so sorry user

My first and last experiences with a model M were as a child too. This is one of the few childhood pictures I have of myself and you can see the model M in it. I was playing Doom according to my mom. I keep an eye out for them at yard sales and thrift stores, it's just a good idea to have knowledge of all these things when you go shopping for fun in those kinds of places.

Who knows, maybe some day I'll bump into a $3 copy of panzer dragoon saga someone misplaced in the DVD section.

Assblasted CRT faggot please go shill your hipstertech elsewhere.

Well I just pulled one up and don't see any rubber so I guess it's mechanical. It's not loud like a typewriter though, sounds more like pebbles or marbles jingling around.

Sorry Manlet, there are people bigger than you who are also stronger. Once you come to terms with this I imagine your life will be better.

I was actually seriously considering getting one of the more modern Unicomp recreations just so I'd have something with an actual warranty but the only issue is I don't know how easy they are to maintain. I know for a fact that Unicomp sell replacement parts, so I guess it can't be that hard?

I don't really know enough about keyboards to answer your question. Not all mechanical switches on the market are super loud; some of the ones marketed to gamers are actually relatively quiet because they're designed to resist a lot less than the standard Cherry MX Blue.

It's not. Plus, it's a learning experience and I think there's a lot of value in that. Look into getting a key remover tool too.

I want a G19.

Oh user

Nu-Males everybody. It's been fun manlet, but I have better things to do with my time then hear you shill shit out of the back of your mom's trunk. Keep being so frustrated by this thread though. Sage bomb until breath alluhackbar!

you got defensive and gave up personal info. you got meme'd son. you got meme'd on hard. and lost.

worst meme ever devised tbh fam

can you pop a key off?

user, I know you're super frustrated over being a skeleton but don't pound the keyboard too hard. It wouldn't be good if your slender finger bones shattered

thats a thing?

Yeah, there's a white plastic circle thingy under it but no rubber or metal. I'd imagine it's as cheap as cheap gets.

The eyes of the law are off us.

Post sinks

That looks comfy as fuck.

If I was a cat, I'd sleep in that.

Just cause you got trips doesn't make you right.

Posting "lifehacked" sinks. Always found them interesting.

CRT's are nice tbh, too bad they're old as fuck now and the only people that like them are the type who refuse to cope and move on.

The perfect TV would be a mix of Plasma/AMOLED/CRT.
Too bad I say.

Cats just dont like being bathed m8

>The perfect TV would be a mix of Plasma/AMOLED/CRT
Now I'm not an engineer but Technology isn't like food. You can't take two great tastes to make something better. Trying to fit all that tech would result in something that'd weigh a metric tonne and would probably be finicky as all hell.
But the question has been raised as to why a niche hobbyists market hasn't sprung up for CRT's like say Hi-fi vinyl or any of the stupid shit hipsters are into (probably due to CRT not having much aesthetic like say Vinyl or fix gear bikes).
Or why hasn't there been a push for something better then LCD screens? I mean Plasma and AMOLED have been tried but not like how LCD was pushed.

It's more common for cats to not like the water then to not. Fuck I have a dog that doesn't like the water and it's a fucking hunting breed. But either way nothing but fish wanna sleep IN water.

Anyways I got bored and decided to see if there's any HD CRT's for sale on craigslist and actually found one. I'm tempted but 1. I'm moving soon-ish and 200 pounds isn't my idea of fun. 2. I'm kinda strapped for cash for the time being 3. I'd most likely have to get a new desk to support the damn thing. But chances are it will still be available by the time I can get those sorted out

I'll ignore your typo if you keep posting sinks

Consider it done.

Your light bulbs flicker at a rate lower than a CRT's refresh rate, user.

Last one was too fucking relevant to the derailment.

Also has anyone gotten posts with 5 pics being kinda disjointed? Like the 5 pic being below the rest?

Nah, must be hipsters, right?

If the price can come down, and they can fix the damn burn in issues, shit can be on the level of CRT but higher res.

(checked)
The issue is cyclic. The Price is high and people don't want to deal with burn in. And since no one is buying them they don't want to fix the burn in issue due to no one buying them.

Isn't plasma similar to Oled too, performance wise and weight?

I use LED light bulbs. They don't fail like incandescent and compact florescent. They say 60Hz on them; maybe the flicker rate? I know the common rate is 120Hz and there are flicker-free LED bulbs.

My 4K LCD monitor is flicker-free, but I wouldn't compare it to CRT as it's cheap Korean shit. My 4K HDR OLED TV on the other hand is where flat panels actually start becoming good. I don't have a QLED (marketing buzzword for Quantum Dot LCDs), but I hear they're an impressive leap for LCDs and much brighter than OLED (my OLED doesn't appear particularly dim IMO, but that's what QLED boasts over OLED). I had a 1080p plasma TV before (Panasonic ST60), but the input lag was bad and 1080p was getting old, so I moved to OLED (LG C6). 4K 60fps HDR content on this thing will make your dick diamonds, the detail is closer to real life than any display I ever saw at least.

I got image retention on my plasma TV very easily, but none on my OLED so far. Some burn in maybe occurred on the plasma, but it went away after a year. No burn in on the OLED thus far. After becoming accustomed to the pitfalls of plasma my usage of the OLED is tailored to that so I never leave it on if I exit the room. The OLED does seem much better in that regard, but I'm not going to chance it.

I am looking forward to 4K 120Hz Gsync HDR monitors. They'll probably cost way too much, but I already spent plenty on the hardware to drive that resolution and refresh in preparation for their release. After seeing HDR on the OLED I really want it on a computer monitor for gaming.

I got an OLED. I waited for the ?second? generation in which all the complaints about it might be addressed and I know at least grey uniformity was sorted out and input lag is down. The following generation is likely even better.