Internet Memes and Real Life

We need to have a clear boundary between internet memes and respectable politics. Esperanto is a meme. It will never spread and only works in theory. Leftist Jeb Bush is a meme. He is only slightly worse than Clinton. Gulags are a meme. And nearly as bad as holocaust jokes.

Keep that shit outside of real life. You either scare away the liberals or delegitimize the left.

nah me and my liberal friends joke about sending people to the gulag all the time, its chill. Its how I'm gently pushing my own overton window. If they think I'm a little out there suggesting we gulag people (but only ironically right) the other less radical approaches seem to become the moderate centre which people so love to be in

just don't let Holla Forums in on the memo. my favorite thing is tuning into hwndu and hearing a 15 year old pasty white kid say praise kek

esperanto is fine though

Esperanto is a meme. It's an outdated idea from the 19th century that has no use in the modern world. English works well enough. I see no reason to replace it. Lingua francas should evolve freely without state intervention. We aren't statists.

I'd eat my hat if gulag jokes started on imageboards. The IRL memers are currently the alt-right. They're approaching chanology levels.

It's ironic because they're getting as bad as the legion fags by this point just look at the HWNDU stream

This.

What state is forcing people to learn Esperanto again? It picks up followers completely organically and without coercion.

Both the left and right looks ridiculously when they show their internet basement dwellers spouting memes.

Esperanto is too idealistic and looks like SJW garbage to most people.

wouldnt esperanto be too white and european for the SJWs?
its basically a sort of pan-european.

It sounds like it can easily be coopted by the far right. It is too European to ever be a European language. Some things should be let to naturally evolve. English evolved because people chose to use it. It has value. Esperanto has none.

funniest meme I've heard all day

Not sure if you're joking, but you're right. European inventions shouldn't be forced upon non-Europeans. We need to respect local customs and cultures. The metric system is European. Christianity is European. the Gregorian calendar is European. Forcing Esperanto on non-western countries like Mexico or Turkey is extremely colonialist behavior.

The Jeb Bush memes are funny though

In what way are they funny?

It's strong juxtaposition with reality.

Just don't walk around with a sign saying "Praise Kek" in public. Don't be a sperg.

You can be a sperg and stll use leftist memes.

agreed

It's too late, fam.
The walls that separate meems and reality have been breached.
We are living a in meme reality.

Its keek you morans!

A meme can be a lot of things, from a fad, to an unfunny joke that keeps getting repeated, to a simple calling card, sign or message. A good example of an earlier meme was the Christian Ichthys symbol which they put on churches or places that sheltered them from Roman persecution. Another, more recent and more popularly used to explain memes would be the expression "Kilroy was here". I don't know if Dawkins when he came up with the term did this, but to me I think of meme as being a shortened form of memento.

They rode on the tide of anti-Liberal sentiment, and used comedy to attract anti-Liberals. Memes are not comedic by nature and largely they aren't meant to be. Sad Grinch is merely just a sad Grinch.

*Another, more recent and more popularly used example to explain memes would be the expression "Kilroy was here".

Trump did not want win because of memes. He won because Hillary was an unpopular candidate from the same party as the sitting president.

Bernie would have won.

The man who invented it was jewish and the nazis prosecuted esperanto speakers.