Games that a hundreds years from now will still be just as enjoyable to play

CS, UT99. These games just dont get old. If you arent an impressionable toddler and can see past the graphics, these game hold up just as well as when they were relelased.

What they have in commom? They are simple as fuck. So simple that the dude that created CS failed miserably when he tried to do a realistic game.

Thats why i think most FPS games now suck because they try to be complicated\realistic but dont go balls deep, so you have all this garbage that is not fast\fun nor realistic.

Tetris

Angry Birds

skyrim

Peggle

katamari damacy and the sequel

Battle Chess

you obviously don't know what I'm talking about, therefore though art a baffoon

Metal Gear Revengence or DMC4:SE.

The game that pic of yours represents would be my vote. I've been enjoying SMAC ever since it was released - it's always been installed on every computer I've had and I'm sure it will be till the day I die.

How about no.

Legitimately this. It's simple, it's timeless, there's some actual depth and self-imposed challenge if you look for it. That fucking Slav nailed it.

Fuck no, that game is garbage
If it ran properly on modern computers, perhaps. There are some speed inconsistencies and it is reliant on now defunct APIs like OpenGL and Glide. UT2K4 did most everything UT99 did a bit better.

LAN games are absolutely amazing and they will definitely live through the generations

He said games that are just as good, not get better as time goes on.
:^)

For me it is still frustrating and completely unplayable, you can literally shoot a person point blank, unload a magazine on him and they live, then they turn back and kill you in one shot with a pistol.

half life 2 XDDDDDDDDDDD

Headshots, scrub, headshots

I am aiming at their head, steady, in bursts, close range and still get killed as if I was shooting M&Ms instead of bullets.

Moving and shooting gets you killed, you can circumvent that with strafing and following the recoil patterns.

I am usually not moving when I do that, the spray in general I would have it in mind, that's why I usually shot in bursts.

what's up with Holla Forums's hate for counter strike?
A few things are better, I like the shield gun and I prefer the lightning gun over a simple sniper rifle but not everything is better. Translocator is worse for example.

it's a shit game to be franksome

What is this CS:GO bullshit?

You can't recoil patterns if you allow recovery though, that is, don't allow the spread to kick in, you get less dps but at least you have some accuracy.

No, it's me being fucking retarded and not getting sleep in fucking months.

Sounds like you are using spray weapons but cant handle the recoil, try using the high powered guns. I own everybody using a pistol or shotgun. there is always the awp if you really are hopeless

not really, if you stand still to shoot you are also easy to shoot at , this is basic stuff man

Go to a fucking doctor, then.

Nah, I don't use stuff like awp and that, but I have this ingrained habit of NOT spraying, still you seem convinced that's what I do.

Fap until you cant anymore, you will either die or sleep like a log

You can and should spray with most of the spray weapons, thats why you have to learn to deal with the recoil. You are using a weak gun that shoots fast, and you dont use that, do you get it?

I don't know about that man, sounds like a better plan.

In cs 1.6 every gun had several spray patterns, cs:go is downgraded as fuck in this regard. You had to control the recoil on the run. Also, tapping is a thing, but with how easy it is to control recoil in cs:go it makes no sense to use it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

I agree. If the hispanic/mulatto-hybrid men of the future can figure out how to get it running, they'll enjoy the original Doom. It's hard at points, but it's simple controls make it an inviting game.

Games that will age well: Definitely Pong. Probably Super Mario Bros 1 (maybe Super Mario World as well). The cell-phone Snake game. Super Breakout. Space Invaders. N64 wrestling games. Wii Sports.

Games with text might get on the future man's nerves. In addition to being illiterate, the future-men he will be accustomed to having voice acting in every game.

The average Holla Forums poster now isn't old enough to remember anything but CS:GO

Jagged Alliance 2

Pirates, Vikings and Knights II

Good fighting games like Third Strike and Garou

Burst and fire in single shots when you're far, spray when you're close.

I dream of Call of Chernobyl with actually good AI and modding capabilities that don't crash the game if you sneeze at it.

Quake and DOOM

I still can't believe how a small indie company managed to create and infinite universe with infinite content. It's truly mental.

Doom and it's clones, Streets of Rage series, Golden Axe 1, 3, and Revenge of Death Adder, X-Com, and Jagged Alliance 2

Yea Its really amazing how despite the initial scepticism they managed to deliver everything and more than they promised

If you're braindead, anything can be fun I guess

Counterstrike is autistic super-cancer that got old 5 minutes after it was released.

Jets 'n Guns and most Shmups, for that matter.
Most of them already have 'out-dated graphics', yet still scratch that itch to blow shit up and loot whore.

actually I've seen lots of conviction/blacklist-babies complaining that CT feels clunky and dated now

Back to 860chan with you

wtfmannnnn sc chaos (OR should i say COCK) theort is gayyyyyyyy

hes not a cool killer badass like jon wickk

hit me up on my GT: Xxmanuel.florezFIFA2018RULESxX

How can someone in this thread have such good taste and insight?

Thief: The Metal Age.

you'd have to be a brain-damaged autist to still play a game with such shit-tier gameplay like cs in the first place.

Quakeworld is way more fun.

I like the first two better

This is why I play CS:GO

Can you name a better multiplayer shooter?

I like all three of them.

Super Mario Bros

What if everybody in the future is an impressionable toddler who can't see past graphics? You just don't know.

Bullshit. MP games are only as fun as the people you are playing against. UT was great once, but that age is long gone

Modded Doom holds up, and in my opinion, is better than most single player shooters that come out these days.

Vanilla Doom… Not so much. The combat is alright, but the weapon feel is pretty lame for every gun but the shotgun, and the level design is passable at best and incredibly annoying at worst.

What if VR really is the future(TM) ? How will you play doom vr without vomiting because of the graphics and fast movement ?

alright faggot

XCOM (the original), Star Control 2, Minecraft.

How did they manage to make a game look so good in 2006?
Also it bugs my autism that enemies can't see three big glowing dots from a mile away.

Strafe, you have to mess with how the game does accuracy. Basically when you change direction the game resets your crosshair. So if you hold A and fire right as you hit D, you'll get a perfectly accurate burst.
a (hold) > d (hold) + fire
>>>
At least that's how I think it works. I've landed some good headshots like that but usually I'm total junk at CS.

I'm pretty sure that it bases your accuracy off of how fast you're moving, and when you change directions, you slow to 0 for a moment before going in the new direction

Also, yes cs will be just as enjoyable in 100 years which is to say, "not very" UT99 is still amazing though, as in Quake 3 if you can find real people to play it with.

I miss those days. I wish I stayed a kid forever tbqh.

Nah it was pretty fucking fun back in the day.

>ze/zm are dead fucking casuals ruined this

Only games that are open source or can run on an open source emulator.

A ship , and a sea to sail her upon.

What more can Man want.

Those were the days man

how often you did that shit and whats your height nowadays?

Climb/kz is actually one of the few custom gamemodes that is still alive in CS:GO. The rest are pretty much dead, though.

I fucking hate Tetris.

Age of Empires 2. I think there's a checklist for these games: fun, repayable, no glaring flaws, rewards skill, satisfying to kill/win.

This and arcades bring me back to the glory days of vidya.

The majority used to praise cs 1.6. Most of us know its timeless and for good reason. It still has the highest skill ceiling and potential, in mechanics mastering and teamplay. Of course there will be someone in the future bringing this game to light for the few who want to see how the engine runs, like an old super car.

maybe in a hundred years halflife 3 will come out and then it will be enjoyable to play for another hundred years XD ha ha psyche its never coming out XDDD

War.

I highly doubt in 100 years people will play Counter Strike for anything other than a historical footnote like "this game used to be the most played PC game in these years"

Download the direct x 10 renderer
No it isn't. You can replace the renderer. Tim Sweeny has even said he wants to release the entire sourcecode too.

It's unsurprising that UT4 is mostly trying to remake UT99

CS died with Beta 7 and anyone who says otherwise is a fucking noob scrub.

Spelunky should age well btw.