Space station 13 walls of autism edition

we'll be off the hub weekdays but we'll be on it at the weekends please bully every pubbie you see till they stop sucking dicks. thank you
Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
starmancergame.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/StarmancerGame/following?lang=en
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/10045
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15304
pastebin.com/9SvSuiHC
tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1915#p41515
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/12441
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/issues/37
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/issues/31
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah I'd fuck him tbh

when are you going to put the vorecode back in you sheltered pussy

it was never in

DO NOT DENY IT, IT WAS PART OF US
AND YOU CUT IT OUT
:>)

I wonder who could be behind this post

>HoP previously made me HoS

What a round

Your departures was a masterpiece. Thank you.

Also, two issues with ventcrawling

Great job/poaching on the ventcrawl, really cool, and glad it's not instant teleport away now. Is it worth adding a small marker to show where you are? I can figure out where I am, generally, though.

This. Add a small arrow or something at least.

that broken pipe is sheylos shitty mapping and it haunts me so

What program is used to make/edit maps?

dream maker

If you are going to be doing fixes on the map find out what is wrong with the sec post at escape. The air alarm is always going off (from temperature if I remember correctly) .

The vent pump in that room is set to siphon for some reason. It makes no sense.

Their vent started syphoning air for some reason last round, and I fixed it after fucking with the console.

Dunno why it's cold

>I promise I won't be too rough.

one of the many things which vexes me

Also, the break in the pipes is in that same room.
In-game that room can be fixed by turning Departure Lounge Vent Pump #4 to Pressurize and replacing that vent pipe underneath the bottom segment of the table.

I'll see what I can do about fixing that on the map itself. no guarantees though

My bad, Departure Lounge Vent Pump #5, not 4

The good news is that I've got the pipe in the lounge security room and the vent in the corner of robotics fixed. Bad news is that I can't figure out how to have the vent in the security room start out in a state other than siphon.

This is why liggers can't be chosen in the lobby.

Server is back up with public on.

Hey, you worthless pile of shit.
Next time, put fucking "SS13" in the OP
Seriously, what's wrong with you? Are you a moron or something? Hang yourself.

Copying what I had posted in the prior thread:
This is a rather mild thing, but it'd be nice if mice could understand what people were saying. Obviously not speak, but my internal curiosity desires to know what the larges are saying whenever I'm scampering nearby.

Also, give mice a proper hide like the ayy spawn have, instead of the gay as fuck invisible shit.

Mice should also be able to eat things to replenish their nutriment, rather than just slowly boost it over time. Namely trash, and of course actual food.

I have locally tested map fix ready for you.
Fixed:
- added missing vent pipe in Departure Lounge Security Checkpoint
- Departure Lounge Vent Pump #5(in the Security Checkpoint) no longer set to siphon at round start, performs correct pressure checks
- added missing vent pipe in Robotics Bay

What do?

Speaking of random things what don't seem to work, mining bots do not seem to want to automatically collect ore very well. I have to manually have them drop what they have in order for them to go.

Any way to limit transfers to a minimum of like 0.01u of a substance?

Going with the "pest warfare" idea from previous thread, shouldn't the flies or roaches be the ones with a hivemind?
Or should every pest have a hivemind for it's own species?

the ore reclaimer in the cargo office is still lacking a firelock that was deleted when it got moved to the mining storeroom.

Every pest a hivemind, the pest 'type' changes how the crew should interact with the situation.

Pull request it on the github.

Sadly, you can't without making a few things get weird because pic related.
This has to do with the proportional transfer of chems in case you want to transfer 2 or more in different amounts, thus the "part / total_volume" multiplier that gives you weird results like this for small quantities.

Rounding it up is not an option, you'd risk transfer things that don't exist in that amount.
Rounding down is possible but you ruin the proportion of chems.
Rounding the report given to you is possible and ruins nothing but it will stop giving you accurate information about what exactly you transferred and you're still gonna see the same number when you examine the beaker.

You can't clip numbers to two decimal places? Why not? Its basic math.

You can but you lose information. If you clip numbers, that value can still be used for transfers but you're not preserving the proportion between chems anymore. And if you clip them for the user, you're gonna see a message that doesn't correspond to reality.

If that's something that doesn't bother you much, it can be arranged, but queue in people asking why and where did these fraction of elements came from or went to and why there's a "0.00 Plasma" in their beaker.

Should've seen the DnD happening that round.

All in all pretty funny

honestly nah they shouldn't understand humans and humans could understand them with a pai

nah, they should be able to leave signs for each other and that's about it, I'd like for this warfare to be purely medieval with armour made out of trashed cans and castles with cardboard boxes

this is the kinda shit which makes a rounds

Seriously, the things you sometimes find spelunking in the codeā€¦

can anyone think up a better space vine? it's the worst shit currently and doesn't but be tedious for the sake of it

interesting

It's more, they're completely harmless, so why not?
It's like a MoMMI as far as I'm concerned. No need for understanding humans, but they do anyway, because station autisming is a lonely job, of which hearing the fleshies fuck up is always refreshing.
nah, they should be able to leave signs for each other and that's about it, I'd like for this warfare to be purely medieval with armour made out of trashed cans and castles with cardboard boxes
This sounds gay as all fuck and now I really don't want to see this pest warfare shit come to play.
Seriously, you'd be really pushing the ol' "suspension of disbelief" with rodents and cockroaches who can fashion medieval armor and castles onboard a space station.

mice understanding humans is pushing "suspension of disbelief" now isn't it? E:

well so far it's just an idea on where to take mice so it's still very much open to any other idea and one day the coder for mice will come back to us

Not really. The mice can't speak, after all. As a standard crewman, you'd never notice, and as a mouse, you're irrelevant for the round's sake anyway.

Just please don't turn SS13 into some shitty meme game. I like my sci-fi mashup dystopian future lot. Turning it into a shitty saturday morning joke cartoon is just trash.

tbh, armor and castles for pests is indeed too much. old fashioned mother nature is good enough to fight off the competition and there's a load of stuff they can use that doesn't sound as ridiculous.

Mice could leave puddles of urine around that damage any other animal that passes on top of it (and deals poison to humans)
Roaches could leave dung piles around that deal damage to other pests in an area (and can pass diseases to humans)
Flies could infest food, leaving it apparently intact but now it has fly eggs inside that burst (killing an animal) whenever they eat them (and infect humans with a mild version of the bee disease. Autocures when at max stage and makes them burp a few flys)
Bats I dunno, but shouldn't be too hard to come up with something.

The idea is to have them use natural weapons and processes to screw each other but in the process screw the station as well so the harder they fight, the more of a concern they are to humans.

Animals understanding humans could be fun in a "they're conspiring against us!" way.

Definitely sounds interesting. Would there be a way to add a weight type system, to let animals drag certain things like trash?
You could have trash essentially be a source of nutriment, and so little pest-forts around a bag of old chips might come to be a thing.

Incidentally, mice can't heal 'near as I can tell. Food could work for that as well, I suppose.

I'm done coding something that I'll make a merge request later, a proposal for non-lethal unarmed combat that improves Stamina usage as was requested a few threads earlier. I'll test it before making the request but here's what I've done so far:

Punches deal 1Brute and 5 Stamina Damage.
If you sustain more than 50 Stamina Damage, the StamDam you deal and your chance to hit begins to reduce down to 0 at 100 Stamina Damage.
If your oponent has more than 50 Stamina Damage, you have a chance to knock him down depending on the difference between your Stamina.

Swinging punches costs 2 points of Stamina. Swinging weapons costs 2*weight for said weapon.
This means that the fire axe, one of the heaviest weapons around at "w_class 4" can be swung about 12 times (realistically 15) before you're too tired.
The damage you deal with melee weapons is adjusted by your Stamina like punches, penalties only starting once you reach 50 StamDam.

While you run, you recover no Stamina. If you walk you recuperate 1point per tick, if you stand still you regain 2 per tick.

The idea here is that bar brawls or simple scuffles are no longer murder attempts, you'll knock down your target far before he is in any kind of serious danger and nutriment alone should be enough to heal you.
It's an option that's open for anyone regardless of equipment and it also balances armed vs unarmed combat as several good weapons will also cost more stamina (but deal regular lethal damage). This way Security doesn't have to kill suspects when they run out of taser charges too.
Hopefully this makes combat a bit more tactical about stamina conservation and friendly punch outs happen more often.
I'll be testing this locally first and if no bug happens, I'll put a merge request so we can all try it later.

Items do have w_class, that defines how much they weight. We can go from there so they can only drag things a certain weight.
Or we can just restrict it to food and trash items, or even do a combination of both.
Every pest could instead regenerate based on how fed they are, above 50% they regenerate, the more fed the bigger the healing.
If they only take small parts of trash and food to fill themselves, then a single bag of chips would be enough to feed several pests for instance.

mice can speak but just not speak human but I wouldn't mind a way for them to understand humans just not a right off the bat kinda deal

yeah I don't want that kinda shit either but I don't think it'd be that off as such as well since lesser races ascending makes some kinda sense.

tbh meta tbh

Mice currently can't even speak mice.

If by "lesser races ascending" you meant shit like liggers, I'd totally agree. Chimp people? Well within the realm of possiblity?
Fucking rats on a space station, lacking size, hands, advancement of any kind, society, and so on? Fuck no. You want to evolve them, fine, evolve them, make rat people. Make Skaven. But don't give me literally just the same fucking rats we've got here, and tell me they've "advanced" to the point of medieval society on a fucking space station.

I'm fairly certain two mice can understand each other but alright that shit needs to be changed if not.

actually there was an idea that if a mouse survives long enough he'd become some kinda skaven shit

Sadly never gonna happen because that's furshit and I doubt anyone would agree with it.

I'd like for the option that every animal had an humanoid form that they can morph into if they stay well fed for a long period of time (lizards become liggers, rats become skaven, bats become vampires, Ian becomes HoP) with the option for Science\Genetics to mutate them accelerating the process.

But anything other than animals and regular humans is verbotten here.

I want every mob to have it's own DNA for genetics to mess around with and xenomorpths to actually change what type they are with properly

Other player-controlled mice can, yes. However, spawned mice cannot be understood by mice.

I'm not against /tg/-tier shit. I like, for instance, the Vox, as does a fair number of posters here if I recall correctly.

Anything that is low-quality furshit is frowned on, here. We like original races what ain't, in the case of liggers for instance, literally just a human that is green, has a tail, and is bullied more. And I do mean lorewise as well.
Liggers have no real history other than being a copy-paste nigger race, which barely functions. Add to that, they don't look particularily original, and have no functionality that changes them from standard humans. See, Vox breath nitrogen.

Such as? Just about anything that is refered to as a "race" is either a mutant (golems and podpeople) or a life state (skeletons and zombies)
Alien Races, things with it's own culture, original planet and the like, there's only 1 3, Lizards, Clowns and Mimes. And the first one is the more fleshed out of the 3 since Clowns\Mimes are still human anyway.

Categorically false for the current playerbase. Liggers move faster when heating up and slow down to a crawl when freezing. They are far more susceptible to temperature than regular humans are due to coldblood.

You also have a bunch of other species that do function differently like Fly People, Shadow People and Grays and yet no option to pick them in character screen.

oh I get ya

Such as what I just fucking listed you illiterate faggot. What, you can't read?

Temperature almost never shows up. If it were more significant, maybe it would've been something noticed, but I've literally never heard or seen tell of this once.
Shadows were pretty good. We had an option for that back in the day. However, they were broken, and otherwise trash, as there was no history for them, no equipment for them, and their role was effectively "vandalize the station because you must have dark to survive".
. Fly people on the other hand, were complete trash. On top of only ever being played by total niggers, they didn't do much of any change, and again had no lore reasons. The teleporter-accident idea was good for them, though.
Greys were only played by people who wanted a station-level MoMMI after they were removed, and people who wanted to metagame with an excuse. They contributed nothing, though in concept at least they were somewhat interesting. Problem is mostly that being completely mute usually meant they never touched the crew, and resorted to autism-whatever their department is. Thus the MoMMI comparison.

A single race can hardly be considered a "list", and if your requirement for being original is that it breathes something different, we can make liggers breath zyklon b to live.

Everytime there's a hull breach, every time there's a fire, every time someone opens a freezing tank of O2, everytime someone starts a space heater, everytime someone go to cryo, everytime some scientist makes the temperature gun, everytime you go spacewalk without a suit, etc,etc.

False, as expected. When they were integrated their life was binary. They either regenerated life or lost it.
They were changed so there was a fine interval where they maintained form which could be achived easily by candlelight.

And considering they were adaptations of Shadowling, they were still in the processof being formed. The guy that wrote them in had a few neat ideas about them being desert-dwelling folk, solid cores that grew layers of gas around them to maintain form, taken by NT because they are disposable but formidable maintenance rats (and assassins).

They had an unique way of eating coded in, where they vomited every piece of food ingested and had to slurp it. The whole point of it was to gross people out.

Greys could actually talk with someone, provided they touched them first (and could talk with that single person afterwards telepathically). They still had every single other form of communication on the station like Papers and PDA's and they had code specifically to make them feel lonely if there was nobody around them. They were far less autistic than what you imagine and the fun in playing them was mentally shitposting with other fellow greys about how incompetent everyone else was while creeping people out.

All of these are far more unique and different than "use internals all the time" race. That's basically an assistant anyway since they never take their masks off either and keep stealing shit.

does anyone know how to make purple drank? it's for the wiki

Water worked like acid on Greys a-la `signs`, and they could drink sulphuric acid.

nu-TG would let you use slime mutation toxin mixed with other reagents to get a mutation toxin for various races. Maybe I could look into porting that, but don't bet on it. Tried porting Rainbow slimes but their code is just so drastically different its impossible to just do a 1:1 copy paste job, which means its beyond my skill.

required_reagents = list("morphine" = 2, "synaptizine" = 2, "spacemountainwind" = 1)

Download the code and search for this kind of info, it's easier that way for you.
Drinks specifically are in the drinks_recipe.dm
Don't forget that Dindus take purpledrank to make!

I do want more original races but only if it's shit you turn your self into

I did search though the commits on the gitgud and didn't find it, thanks

There's not very many SS13 racist to "list".
Most codebases only have two or three. I mean proper, round-start races, mind you.The ones that have more are typically very low-quality fur-races, as mentioned.

Cryo heals people, mate. Unless you're telling me liggers died in cryo, I don't think that's a very big point. Beyond that, only two ever actually happen, which is a fire and a spacewalk. Of them, spacewalk already knocks humans quick as all hell, and fires are actually pretty rare as far as heating goes due to how slow heating tends to go. You only ever get hot rooms after a fire's passed, in which situation people're typically long gone.
Regardless, as I said ,I've literally never once heard mention of any of this shit. Maybe it was poorly implimented, or maybe people who had it happen just assumed it's what went on to normal crewmen, but I've literally not one single time in the entirety of the time I've played this game heard anyone at all mention it until right now.

Are you autistic or something? That's literally what I just said. Requiring light as dim as candlelight doesn't fucking change this, you autistic faggot.
They needed dark in order to heal and not take damage. I quite liked them from a gameplay perspective, but it was pretty quickly just "smash the station", because standard hallway lights, as well as lights generally everywhere, shreaded your health right quickly.

"Still in development" isn't an argument of quality, mate.

And what, of that, made any functional difference? Food was still ate, albiet at a longer time.

Like I said, in concept, I liked greys, but it was played by people who wanted to cut off all contact with crew, or who wanted to metagame with an excuse.
What you've described there, the "shitposting with other fellow grays about how incompetent everyone else was"?
That's literally the MoMMI's MO.

Up your ass, Koriath. Your shitboot races were poorly tested, broken as all fuck, contributed nothing, had no sense of lore around it, and were complete and total trash.
Meanwhile, Vox had something that made them functionally different, in that standard air was toxic to them, couldn't wear standard station crewmen masks, had an actual fucking backstory and lore, which is massively important considering SS13 is at it's core a roleplaying game, and actually looked like an alien.

Meanwhile, what did you make? Humans with a fly head. Black humans. Grey humans. Big fucking whoop. It was trash and you know it. I don't know why you feel so heavily obligated to defend your garbage contributions so much, but fuck off mate. You shouldn't blame your own personal assery on everyone else. People here are fine with functional, good races made, it's just that everything you ever add to the game is garbage, and everyone knows it.
It ain't nothing to do with no "verbotten" "no non-humans allowed", it's entirely to do with your own incompetence and general shit behavior.

You failed to undestand the "more susceptible part". Having a space heater around you heats a human but takes a while and several layers of clothing. A ligger would get "burning hot" really fast from a space heater.
Having no cloths at all around the station was also enough to begin freezing the lizard.
I also did not said anything about damage, only speed. Cryo heals lizards but they stay slow as fuck for much longer than humans, coming out of them.

Most of the things that deal with temperature barely affect humans because that's how the values were coded. Lizards were much more susceptible to it and you did noticed all of those things a lot more if you played with them. Eating a cold drink almost stopped you for a while, for instance.

The damage was toned down, they could survive for a bit and they mostly changed the lights from whatever place they worked on, using maintenance to move around instead.
A candle-light bar was pretty awesome and having a species that needs a different way to walk around was pretty cool, only shadowniggers actually broke shit.
And I wasn't trying to make an argument, that's just how things are. The species only saw a few months of use before the server went kaput, there never was time to fully flesh them out and I have no idea why you expected otherwise when liggers took several years from the first implementation until they had their piss poor story.

Unless you want people to go full fanfic like Bay/TG and write several wiki pages about each race? Would that make them okay?

They had code to make them feel lonely if there was nobody else around them. That alone undermines your entire argument.
They could still talk with everyone else with any other method and hivemind is as much metagame as the IRC channel in your PDA.

Sounds a lot like you only remenber the first implementations of them, or what you saw someone else playing as, not what you actually tried (I'm assuming you didn't played an autistic Gray that stuck to his department, I hope you're not saying you did)

And apparently to you, to be functional a race only has to breath a different gas and have a wiki page detailing where they came from. :^)

what if black-light was added which would allow shadow people to not die and for people to still see somewhat, could also have other functions like see cleaned up blood which would allow the detective to analyze it

take the opportunity to code up a replacement for slimes then

Sadly because the lighting code doesn't work that way and it would still require replacing lights. Candles do a far prettier job.
Also cleaned blood is deleted,there's nothing left behind for them to reveal.

But you do remind me that Goon had some pretty spiffy lights and that was something worth gutting out, indeed

There's only so many animals that you can color-code to extract cores out of.

And you fail to understand that nobody uses a space heater.
As to speed out of cryo, this is an extremely minor issue. Everyone's slow as fuck out of cryo, largely due to just having been healed. Drinks'd be interesting, but, then, people rarely bother drinking anything anyway.

I acknowledge that it'd affect lizards more, however I do not believe that it affects them significantly to alter or otherwise make feel differently general play.
If you had that clothes bit, where they'd start slowing down generally, needing to run a heater or other means of maintaining heat, then I might be interested. As that'd be something somewhat significant, something players actually would notice.

Yes, the damage was toned down. It does not mean there was no damage. Not every station role had access to maintenance access, let alone easy access to candles. Majority of the time, lights got shut off or broken if a lightswitch was not easily available.
And that's leaving off the halls.

By large, having something would make them okay. I am someone who believes that, given this is a roleplaying game, it should be expected that first the lore is built, especially when adding a new race.
It certainly doesn't take much in the way of work.

And this merely required being in the vicinity of someone for the issue to vanish. Not to mention, that I recall, it wasn't a particularly harsh effect anyway.
Metagamers flocked to them because of the lack of reporting they tended to get when silently having their buddy save them.

To be a functional, decent race, it needs to actually seem properly alien, yes.
A shitty human-with-different-colored-skin is still shitty.

Better solution would be to give them a suit that protects them, at cost of their healing ability. That's what the threads way back when were suggesting, anyway.

Touch my slimes, and I will find you.

Goon lights are already gutted out by most servers form /tg/ to /vg/.

molesting your slimes as we speak

Now you've gone full retard. Space Heaters are essential to fix hull breaches. Just because you're unrobust and don't even play the game doesn't mean that everyone else is the same.

I literally told you that there was no damage if the light level was kept in a medium value. 1-5 regen, 6-10 nothing, 11 to 15 damage.
Everyone has maint acess to the rooms of their own department.
There are packs of it in the Chapel and Art Supplies for everyone to take.

You do know their hivemind was still logged and visible to admins, exactly the same as PDA messages, right?
Anyone saving their buddy without talking about it in the hivemind was blatantly and obviously metagaming, there was literally no difference to regular PDA messages in this regard, dunno why you keep harping on this point.

You're right. A chicken with a gas mask is outright alien as fuck. :^)
A human with a snout, scales, tail and notable accent is pretty mundane. (^:

YOUR DM IS SHIT
ROLLING "20" MEANS YOU DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEANT TO DO, NOT THAT YOU DO WORSE THAN YOU'RE MEANT TO DO. THIS IS VERY FUCKING SIMPLE. THIS IS A ROLL 1-7 PUNISHMENT, NOT A 15-20 REWARD. NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM, SLAP HIS SHIT.

Nigger, you aren't going to find uncovered crew walking by a recently-repaired hull breach to begin with.
Seriously, mate, what are you even on?

Right, and do you know what the light level is with standard lights? You know, the standard light level for the majority of the station?

This does not mean they have access to any of the maintenance entrances throughout the hallways. You do understand why maintenance was suggested, right? If the only point of access I have is my department, I'm not easily going to be able to hide in maint when venturing to medbay for whatever I might need.

Thus why I said easy, yes. Though, I do not recall them being in the art room. That's the room with the crayons and such, right?

You do know that admins don't read crew behavior at random, right?
If Joe McGriffon isn't reported by the guy he niggers, nobody knows it happened.
Fucking hell, it's like you can't even follow basic reading comprehension, let alone simple context.
I "harp" on it because it was the race for meta gamers. We had a load of metagamers during that server's run, and when greys were introduced, there were literally only ever two types of players.

Sure as hell beats mute grey human, you fucking jew.
You didn't design lizards, so I have no fucking idea why you are sitting here and taking credit for them, mate.

Also holy fuck do you not know what those little ">" arrows are?

Yeah, but I am massively lazy. Plus, I don't much care for how they end up looking.
I use them now and again if I am replying to a portion of a paragraph, but when I'm doing a point-by-point, I tend to skip it. My genuine apologies if it's become a bother to read because of that. Formatting is always important in one's posts, after all. Perhaps it's time I manned up and started greentexting.

You can wait for the air to slowly fill the place and re-heat the room or you can put a space heater and warm it up faster. If you do that, anyone with internals can cross the room as soon as the hole is plugged in instead of waiting for Atmos to regulate itself faster.
This is incredibly basic shit in terms of repairs, you should play Engy more often.

Aye, has a camera and rolls too and 2 packs of candles for anyone to grab.

They don't need to. Someone helps his meta-friend and is reported by a player for that. If he claims that "actually I was requested to help him in our hivemind" but no such message exists registered, he's metagaming. That's why those things are logged, so they can be read when necessary.

Whatever point you're trying to make about "they need to be reported first" also applies to literally every form of griefing that doesn't sound a massive red flag to admins like tank valves do. And yet again, PDA messages are a viable excuse to metagame until an admin digs them up and sees no message traded. Gray's hivemind has the equal metagaming potential that PDA messages have, faggot.

With telepathic powers that apparently you never bothered to use. You could touch a human and maintain a link with him establishing a partner system of trust.
Don't get angry just because someone called your shitty ayy race what it is, it's literally a chicken whole only unique characteristic is that it uses internals the whole round.
And why would you accuse anyone of being a jew while defending Vox? :^)

I ain't defending any particular race, mate. I've already accepted that nothing but animals or humans is ever gonna make it into this server and it's not for any of these reasons.

The truth is that Holla Forums as whole and by consequence this server is composed by people unwilling to compromise for anything whatsoever.
Nobody here will ever accept a piece of content that they do not aprove of, even if optional, even if it's not forced on them, even if they don't have to use it.
As long as it exists, it's bad and nobody else can use it if a single person is offended by it. It's how every single thing in this board works.

And because what constitutes a "good alien race" is incredibly subjective, there's no chance we will all ever agree on a single race that pleases everyone, which means that it will never be coded in because everyone would rather stop playing the game than compromise, accept a piece of content they don't like or care about, even if it meant that they could have their piece of content that other people don't like or care about coded as well.

This is literally why alien races are actually verbotten. Because there's never gonna be a consensus regarding anything and nobody is willing to compromise. Just accept it and play the game as it is, mate. :^)

I'm sorry goy, it was my first time being a DM in a very long time.

The ore redemption machine that's accessible from the main hallway?

And again, you completely miss the fucking point. Seriously, if you aren't even going to fucking read, what's the point of replying?
What are you hoping to gain by this? Who do you expect to convince, when you can't even understand what's being fucking said?

And again in the same goddamn post! Fucking christ mate. I don't know what to do at this point. You clearly aren't listening. Should I just start linking you to prior posts, in the hope that this time you'll actually take the time out of your day to read?

Yes, it does. However, unlike with a hivemind quiet type, the player getting meta game'd on can tell he's getting metagamed, because the guy he grabbed who's said nothing just somehow got his friend to come and save him.
I really don't understand how you've missed this here, man. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since every argument I've ever had with you's gone this route, but still. It shouldn't take much in the way of thought.

You've "accepted" this because your own races were trash tier garbage, and because liggers are low-quality furbait.
Thus why we've started this argument.
Can't even hold fucking context now?

"PEOPLE DON'T AGREE WITH ME, THEY WON'T COMPROMISE ON ANYTHING, IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT"
I'm just fucking done. I don't get why I even wasted my fucking time with you. Thank god current server owner knows how much a shitter you are.

Also, the main reason I dislike the Vox is because they are the best personification of the terrible side of TG.
You got 3 kinds of players there. The normal player that just wants spessman, the "no fun allowed, if it's fun, remove it" crowd that want SS13 to be akin to an esport with traitor competitions. And then the rule-tipping griffons.

Vox are the perfect personification of this last group. Ayys might have personified meta-gamers, but at least you can ban those when caught. Vox and rule-tipping griffons knew the rules in place and just carefully pushed things around, massively pissing off everyone until someone else broke the rules.
And then an admin decides that "metal-tiles" aren't a proper weapon but live rounds are and that demonstrates I had intent to kill.

Vox were MADE for this kind of behaviour. Hence the boost to unharmed damage, the excuse to fill a room with a gas unsuited for anyone else and the Vox channel for shitposting.
Shit, you think they were desgined as chickens? They were desgined as "reverted griffons". That's one of the oldest jokes among the coderbus. The entire race was designed to be a joke about griffons and the joke got out of hand because half their playerbase adehered to the mindset they were trying to reprobe.

But hey, we know one thing: Vox can't be fun. If they were, TG would have removed them.

I fucking hate fags who throw tiles around thinking they're robust, why the fuck does it do 15 damage?

Less angry rants, you're not making any sense to the point you're started with fallacies now.

No you can't. You can't prove or "know" that someone isn't communicating unless you're an admin with access to all communication channels.
If someone sends a PDA message or talks in the Hivemind, you won't get any warning about it.
If someone doesn't do either of those things, you also get no warning.
You see the exact same thing on your side regardless of PDA or hivemind.

No, I've accepted this because those were the only things that even make it past production-stage and no alternative has been placed before or after that.
If it is as you said, surely someone would be able to create a race that everyone else would like and include them in the game, right? Then why isn't there such a thing yet?

For the record, you say Vox are an example of a liked race when that's not true. Even before, people complained that it was borderline furry shit, that it was a griffon race, that it was /vg/ shit, that they were stupid an boring, lots of excuses to hate the guys. Your opinion isn't as universal as you believe it to be.

I don't expect people to agree with me, just like I don't expect to agree with everyone. What I expect is that sometimes somethings are not gonna be to my liking, but that's cool because there are others that I do like and in return for bearing with the bad, I get the good, but sadly that doesn't seem to be a popular idea, just look at how angry you are.

PDA messages make a nice little "Beep" and notably cannot be done while in cuffs without a radio.

People in these threads did in fact like vox. Only person I ever saw complaining about them was you. Others were either indifferent, or liked the idea of space-pirate-gypsie birds.

I'm not going to bother replying further. It's clear you're either illiterate, or willing to say anything if it furthers your "argument". Thank god shitboots like yourself had been kicked out the door along with Gitgud.

Regarding meta, If you generally believe someone is metafagging, then please adminhelp. We will more than happily resolve your issue, and will ban anyone who has the intention of metafagging on the station.
Also, if it isn't too much, please do me a favour and sage your posts so people don't get bothered by your petty arguments.
Regarding Vox, I like them more than liggers, simply because they generally have a roleplay purpose and aren't a furry race. If it was any race I could include in at roundstart, It'd be Vox.
The other races that have been added in however are very lifeless, and are only really a cosmetic change, which in my view means that they don't really have a place on the station.
If you faggots have any idea on how we could change koriath's races to something that makes more sense, I'd be more than happy to listen. Thank you.

I'm in the bar. I send a message to the sec officer "I heard somethign in botany, investigating. Come if you don't hear from me". Then I enter botany and the traitor is there going Butcher Pete on the cook.
He didn't hear the *beep* of either of us, and I still get a possible rescue by the officer.
Or I can use IRC in the PDA and there's never a beep. I can also use a radio set to another frequency. Or I can ask the AI to relay a message throught her holo-projectors.

The point I'm trying to make is that there's over a dozen diferent ways to comunicate with other players in-game without the Public Radio. It's one of the basis in the game.
It's how traitors do their thing. it's how anti-traitors (security or vigialants) do theirs.

You just picked one, decided that one was VERY diferent from the others and was unnaceptable. And then tossed in some ad-hominem because why the fuck not.
Come on dude, we're all grown up here, and we all like the game. There's no reason we can't talk this though without doing that shit.

I have just played a few rounds of this game and I still don't understand shit.

I never know where I am in the map or how to get to a place.
Sometimes I turn into a skeleton for a few seconds, then turn into a dog and then human again.
I was playing and suddenly there was a monster made of gum (?) that killed me, I appeared as dead and then revived.
I literrally just wander around the whole round because I don't know shit.

I think I'm going to try to play as a botanist or something to learn, I have read the guide to get started in the wiki but as I say my main problems are, know where should I go, know how to do things in the jobs and know what the fuck is haopening in hazards and events

Again, you ignore the other half. There's no point to this conversation, when there's no communication.

more like, get another coder who's willing to put the work in for that

O-oh you mean bubblegum hes not actually made of gum thats just his name and get off of whatever station that is and get on ours we dont have bubblegum or atleast i dont think we do

Sounds a lot like either a Wizard had it's way with you or a Scientist did overtime with Xenobiology.

Usually it's less like that and more like fires and holes everywhere, but don't worry you'll get used to it.
Starting with botany might be a bit more fun, be sure to ask around for help. There's a lot to learn there, it's not as easy as it seems, but it's not critical and you can spend the whole round learning it.

Check above your place for the kitchen. If there's a cook, he might be able to help you.

Ask Chaos to add Vox then. Let's see how long till the contrarians "furry birds!!1!" arrive.
Can't wait to say "told you" because if there's one thing I hate, it's faggots that believe their opinion is universal and everyone likes what they like.

It's more that I do not believe your statement in
Is trash, due to my own experiences with the threads and the community. I believe you are projecting your own failures as a coder onto the playerbase, because they didn't like your broken and barely functional changes that you never tested.

we don't have lavaland in general

Lavaland is horrible, please do not add this. Asteroid may be dull sometimes, but lavaland is just cancer.

There are no candles in Art Storage.

We do have coders. The problem is that the only one who speaks over the thread refuses to understand we don't want his coded in ideas. I have stressed to him through the thread multiple times that I do not believe his ideas belong in ss13, but he keeps on attempting to push his undiscussed ideas onto the server. The codekikes that we have are pretty useful, even if they are new to byond coding.

I don't mind lavaland, I understand why it is fucking cancer though. Maybe it could be converted into a gateway mission like the zone?

I have just tried your station and there is only 2 persons in a 1h session and nothing is happening.

Lavaland had more content. The only challenge in asteroid is to not get snipped by tentacles from a Goliath. That's it.
The only good thing it had was xenoarch, and that's because noone bothered to port it to lavaland.
Lavaland was the one time TG did something fun.

JESUS FUCK, WHY
Alright, someone fucked with that place.

There's seven people, you lying bastard.

No, it's more like you're new, only know shit from second-hand accounts and you never saw the complaints in the threads about Vox when they were being considered an alternative to those races or even later.
Your "experiences with the threads" don't mean jackshit in an anonymous board, they could be just this day or last week for all we know after all. Try 4 years of experience with these threads here.

You can blame whatever boogeyman you want and presume whatever motives on my side you want, the point still stands:
No race has yet been made that can be selected at round start and pleases every player. Until such thing is created, my point still stands.

Thanks Chaos. You just saved me a whole lot of time. I had almost started looking at the rainbow slimes!

Theres seven people. Please use the who command if you're not the "who command is meta" fag. Thank you.

I'm not chaos. I'm the other admin. I do not see a "tbh" anywhere, do you? I should also mention, if you plan on adding rainbow slimes, then do so. Rainbow slimes can be considered a fun feature. Stats, Morale and Stun changes are not.
Regarding the other coders, one has gone awol, the other is usually busy, and the other guy keeps on trucking on. God bless him.

Yeah, Koriath, I know. I've been here that long, too. I still remember Niel's server. Frag off, you cuckold.

I never said shit about "pleases every player". Disagreeing with the statement you made in
Does not imply anything near "pleases every player", you insufferable tool.

It was Nel's. Next time you don't wanna come out looking like a jackass, at least read the archives to figure out the name.
Fuck off, the "i" isn't even close to the N or the E.

o.k look this argument has run it's course and is just shit flinging at this point, it's only shitting up the thread as it stands.

yeah fuck lavaland tbh, we want our own shit that doesn't ruin Xenoarchaeology and isn't littered with OP shit that gets over looked because muh head coder favorite department

we could put some in

need more tbh

that's an idea

it's six now but it isn't even prime time yet and it's friday still

Fuck off Koriath.

Lavaland's major problem is that it's covered in shit what makes it tedious, more than anything. The overpowerful stuff is nice and all, but the tedium is a pain in the ass.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Updated list of map fixes:
- Departure Lounge Vent Pump #5(in the Security Checkpoint) no longer set to siphon at round start, performs correct pressure checks
- added a fire door at the ore redemption machine in cargo
- added a missing area designation in cargo

Still needs work:
- Departure Lounge vent pumps are numbered 2-5, there are still 4 in total and they work correctly but they're numbered wrong. Not sure how to change that yet.

Are candles supposed to be in there?

How else are you going to do art?

Koriath claimed they were.

Not anymore I don't. If you want a coder to work for you and implement the things you like, hire one.
I ain't gonna take part in this communist "you do what the state says is needed" shit.

Its not that you stupid nigger, Its more of the fact that the community matters in this regard. If the community does not like the idea of stats or morale, then we do not add it.
Rainbow slimes have a reason to be there, and it isn't to change the entire game, its to add a form of achievement and fun to the codebase. Being an uppity nigger because I was specifically talking about either kyron or koriath attempting to code in shit that simply either would not work or does not fit the mood of ss13 does not mean I am attempting to establish my own autistic communist state.
Take a break from the computer, and calm down.

I dare you to make even less sense.

test

Just because you make code doesn't mean anybody is obliged to use it, or even give it a chance. The playerbase and host ultimately decide what should be in the server, and if they outright oppose something then it shouldn't be implemented, regardless of what an enlightened idea it is or how hard you worked on it.

Either get over yourself, or fuck off to another server.

Updated list of map fixes:
- added a fire door at the ore redemption machine in cargo
- added a missing area designation in cargo
- added a pack of candles to Art Storage, because reasons

Still needs work:
- Departure Lounge vent pumps are incorrectly numbered

Keep any map issues you guys find coming. Around noon EST I'll submit a pull request with any changes I'm capable of making. after I figure out how to pull request, I hate github

Thank you for your service my friend, please go on the server when you are ready for the map to be ported and we will happily teach you how to do it. Thank you!

In how many hours are we in "Prime time"? right now it's 17:30 in a big part of Europe

6 to 9 hours my friend. Just enjoy the comfy pop for now.

Like I told Chaos, you pander to the players you want and you pander to the coders you want.

If you like coders that write new stuff that changes the game, you gotta give them freedom to try new things, otherwise you'll never have anything better than Ctrl+CV monkeys.

And if you want to pander to "the community" of people that can't go a single post without mentioning names to try and bolster their non-arguments, then that's exactly the kind of shit players that you'll fill your station with, enjoy dealing with them, I'm sure it's gonna be real fun.

Don't forget to remove the user CKeys merges then! They weren't liked by the community either, so you better stop everything right now and revert them ASAP!

Props for at least aknowledging that we aren't the same person, but stillā€¦
HOW DO YOU FUCKING KNOW IT DOESN'T WORK!

You goddamn autistic eletrocuted fucks, I'm goddamn fucking pissed at how goddamn fucking stupid the whole lot of you are!
Motherfucking stuns were nerfed despite "da community!" not liking the idea at all at first. Literally nobody was in favour of it as they simply didn't see how it could work.
If it wasn't for Koriath convincing Gitgud to give my idea a chance, to at least test it for a few rounds, it wouldn't even be there!
AND LO AND BEHOLD YOU FAGGOT IT'S STILL PART OF THE CODE.

Same shit for user OOC! Another idea that some people really despise and almost nobody was in favour before it was at least tested. Then everyone got to see the upsides, some of which not even I was aware of, and now it's an amazing idea.

You're a goddman incompetent raging faggot and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt assuming this is the first server you are managing because if it's not, you're beyond hope.
NO CHANGE IS EVER POPULAR UNTIL IT'S TESTED. NONE!
And sometimes, the "masses" don't actually know what is good and what is bad because all they care about is stability and change, even if for something better, is scary.

And specifically to this server, you know fucking well that there are a few shitters that orbit the threads to try and stir shit to start drama because that's how they have fun.
On the night that user OOC was implemented, someone started a Poal to try and prove the community didn't like it, and even though there were 16 votes in it, there were only 6 people playing that night.
You know that this happens in these threads, you know what kind of people they are, what they want, and you feed into it, you believe and pander to their bullshit. At least start a damn poll in the server during high pop for these things, the damn game gives you a better way to handle this than taking serious advices from a shitposting forum like this.

I have my own project to work on. If all you want is people to steal code from other servers or to correct typos or put memes into the game, ask one of your codemonkeys to do it and enjoy the staleing of the code. You've been playing the same game for years, why stop now, right?

it's how nu/tg/ balances shit tbh

nice work mate, thank you for your efforts

it's less "I only want things that I want" and actually "I want what's best for the server and the regulars who play on it" so I consider three sides of things, his side, my side, the communities side. I utterly ignore "lol it's X dude I don't like nor want his code because it's him" because that's a retarded point of view which can easily be solved with "so long as we enforce testing his shit before merging it and making sure he's not treating our server as his person ideafag box then it is fine" as well as don't take raw passion as an excuse just to add things

we just need to figure out a balance is all and a better method of o.k'in ideas over all.

again good work

don't say Europe, give your actual country and be proud of it

they were very much so liked, that alone brought our population right up to 25 prime time while we were on the hub. it's legitimately a very very well done code and I thank you for it very much so.

I'm not chaos. How much must I stress this? Its me! your friend! 8chanserverhost!
I should also stress, I legitimately don't mind your code, but your ideas are probably the worst things I have seen in my entire life, and I am truly trying my absolutely hardest to say this kindly. Please stop. Memeseeks were a mistake, the ducks were a mistake, a majority of your code was purposefully removed from sierras' codebase and I do not blame him.
Your user Ckey code is fine, and I do enjoy it. The community eventually learned to like it now. Actually, no. You are a good coder, You're fucking fantastic and your code is perfect. But your immature attitude, your angerposting doesn't help. Don't dig yourself a bigger hole than your reputation has caused. Please, do us all the favour and calm down. Return back in a week when you have finally came down. Thats all I ask. Thank you very much.
To help with your anger problem, I have provided a lovely music video that you might enjoy! Have fun my friend!

Coders like you are the reason why DCSS is utter shit now and CDDA is degrading as well.
Your will does not trump that of the people it affects. If nobody likes the idea, and you can't get enough support for people to give it a chance, then you're shit out of luck. Either move on to a new idea, or move on to another place that might entertain those ideas.

Koriath here, for what it's worth, I realize the Meeseeks were really poorly tested and a lof of other shit too. Still, I was the only one coded when zaers went missing, I focused on making small things and pushing them in and let people play around before thinking of balancing. I think the ducks only had the dupping glitch, what else was wrong?
Also, I apologise for the rest of the posts, my brother is going of on an autistic rage and i need your help. We're both at work, and he refuses to leave his chair and come help me with a robot. Please report this post and tell Mark that I need a 3 hour ban on this IP, that should be enough to prevent him from posting until we leave work. Come on guys I really need a hand here.
Did Chaos get on the Riot thing yet? I haven't talked to him yet, I think.

And also:
I like the vomiting fly-people, but since the dismemberment code never arrived before Hate died, we never got around to code actual wings for them. Or have shadow people lose members that dissolved into ash. Heck, shadow people were suposeded to be unclonable: they'd just left ash and a core that people couldn't pick up without gloves.
All those species were a pile of unfinished ideas. Keep posting in the thread and spitballing ideas. I needed a lot more at the time, worked with what was already in-game but that didn't make them very interesting.
Did the other coder got around to add the "tail-regrowth" for liggers?

Oh and Chaos, get on the Riot tonight. I had an idea about Spacecash. It's minor shit, but it could be good.

They weren't liked at first, neither before they were implemented nor in the first night. I'm pretty sure it was Sierra, what with the "optional toggle" idea of his, but whatever. It only became popular AFTER it was implemented AND TESTED.

Ideas never have nor should they have popularity by themselves, only their effects can be liked and disliked. Which is why both my ideas (stun nerf and user ooc) are liked, because the effects they provoked are liked. And this is why I don't understand why you can even dislike ideas that haven't been implemented yet before their effects themselves have been tested. It literally doesn't make sense.

I started my post with "Like I told Chaos" while replying to you. Learn some fucking english grammar you fucking idiot. I already know you're the host, I was referring a post I left in Github for Chaos, you self-centered faggot lord.

~one is not like the other~

Not my idea, not my code. Koriath did it and it wasn't even his idea actually for both of those.

You mean the pools? Because that's how much Sierra understands chemistry, "smoke reactions are utterly fucked, let's blame the pools that were fixed to not interact with them at all anymore!"
Unless you have other sections of the code that were removed and you want to post them?
Also I must stress, Koriath was the coder for those things, not me. If you don't like to be mixed with Chaos, I'd very much apreciate the same courtesy.

I'll post however the fuck I want, especially when the "angerposting" starts with the faggot defending Vox as "unique and interesting" right here: completely out of the blue just because I dare to ask for a list that isn't a single element.

I'm goddamn entitled to my rage when I know very well what effects come out of my ideas, I know how it can help the server and the best that can be said against them is "we no like dis" or "dis not popular".
Fuck off the lot of you, vaccines weren't popular either until people stopped dying from tetatus so often. Why don't you felate a rusty crowbar and thank the fuckwit that got angry enough to actually push for vaccines for everyone?

On the contrary, you inbred fuckwit! Both those games are going down the shitter because someone is doing things they personally like instead of considering the actual effect of their changes.
I give no actual fucks about user ckey's and I'd much prefer this wasn't required to begin with. Hell, I'd love to have IC names not random again. But we can't have that because of the problems they bring. I coded in a way for stamina damage to play a role into the game so you can brawl people without murdering them despite the fact that I'm incredibly pacifist and would rather spend the whole round stacking books in the library than punching someone.

The niggers handling those projects are doing the things they want because they like them and nothing else.
I'm coding the things I believe make the server better, not just what I like the most.
And you autistic screeching faggots are complaining about the things you don't like without considering the effects they actually have on the game, good or bad. You're closer to those faggots than I ever will be and you're even worse because you don't even learn to code and put the effort to shape the game how you'd like it to be.

yeah I got it I'm on that riot thing, I'm sorry for how it seems like we're fucking him around when really I do want him to code but he's got to understand that ideafagging is o.k but he can't expect every idea he has to be put in if he codes it.

finish'um then please and I don't think he disd

I'll be on

I'm terribly sorry, Koriath. I shall report your post immediately. Thank you for being so polite. I don't wish to make the situation worse, but the ducks had the ability to deafen, and letting the assistants have access to that is shittery, Meanwhile the memeseek code had the power to powergame extremely hard, meaning r&d could be abused by antagonists by spamming memeseeks to kill their objective.

Regarding the races, I think reworking them should be in order. Make them more interesting, maybe add a fun gimmick to them. Thanks.

Please stop. It is now embarrassing.

The only thing embarassing is being right so often and still be surrounded by people that just won't listen.
Wanna make a bet? See how much either of us trusts what he is saying?

I'm almost done with the Stamina Update and so far it's considered an unpopular idea, right? I'll make a merge request for it once I'm done testing it.
If it turns out nobody likes it at all, if it stays unpopular afterwards, then I'll shut up and accept your point of view.
But if not and if people end up liking it, I get to at least try some of those changes I wanted to test.

I'm sorry, but could you link me the stamina update, if it got explained earlier in the thread, thank you.
inb4 spoonfeed

A couple of days ago, I had an idea for the shadow people: instead of being regular crews, making them straight up antagonists.
You see "Biological alert"?
When that happens, it's either Blob (never is, we don't have the players yet) or alien, so people start welding vents immediately and searching for a nest.
Why not make Shadowlings a variant of Xenomorphs?
Could use some more work, I think.
Also, if we have dismemberment working, I'll post the rest of the ideas I had for shadows later when I'm off work.

Here:
It's mostly done, only missing the change in weapon damage. It's coded but doesn't seem to work as intended.
I don't have conditions to test it right now, will take a few hours, but I'll make the merge request as soon as I confirm all in that post is working as intended.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.

It sounds lovely, but making a clone of aliens would make it a little dull. You could make the shadowling like a mobile blob where it would terrorise the station by removing all light or some stupid shit like that. I don't know what to do with shadowlings. I like the antagonist role where it is, but it is a remodeled cult with you as nar'sie instead.

I don't mind the stamina addition, but I think using stamina to attack isn't that fun. Costing stamina to attack would prioritize more ranged encounters, as you don't lose stamina that way. I recommend making the fists do certain damage in certain areas. If you wanted to do stamina damage with your fists, you would target the chest, etc.
Stamina is a high priority to keep up consistently, since mobility is king in combat. Making people slower to be offensive would make defensive melee a stronger alternative.
Also, in my personal opinion, making the run toggle use stamina is a bad idea since it slows down combat, and the last thing you want to do is remove all form of excitement and danger in combat. An example is aurorastation.
However, go ahead with the idea.

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to marry your sister and yet your father didn't gave a shit about that. Your mother however did, it was you.

Of course I fucking test my stuff locally, you inbred pig. That's why there isn't a merge request for stamina yet, because I haven't tested it yet.
But once I'm done, it's important to see how it affects the game and how people deal or like the idea because SURPRISE! The opinion of other people matters to me! Just not the opinion about loony conjecture about things that haven't even been tried.

But you lose ammo, that's the trade-off. You either spend Stamina or you spend ammo, the first being a renewable resource. Do consider that standing still for 0.6 seconds gives you back the same energy you spend with a punch.

Locational damage is an idea but I had something better in mind I'd like to test later instead. It's far more game changing so stamina as it is will do for now.

Technically, you deal 5 StamDam at the expense of 2 so being offensive is rewarded. But staying stationary vs running around allows you to recover faster, wearing armor mitigates the damage, etc ,etc. You can play defensively.

While taking a look at movement I noticed there Running isn't a toggle but rather an intent, m_intent. That made me thinking that we could possibly add a third intent for defense measures that dictates how you defend and make a small rock-paper-scizor between harm-disarm-grab for dodge-parry-block, which dodge countering grab, parry countering harm and block countering disarm.

It doesn't use stamina.
Every turn you regain 2 stamina by default, but with this change you only regain 1 if walking around or 0 if running around.
You won't get tired just from running around, don't worry, I'm not that baytistic.

There is a book that has something Skaven and Tribble like that I'd love to see be a critter in this game.
Watchmakers
In the book "The Mote in God's Eye" there is an alien race of asymetrical beings, divided into several subspecies of various size and limbs. They have super-autist engineers, aristocratic masters, mule mediators between the two, huge ass porters and skinny runners, nimble fingers doctors, limbless 'meats', and a few more. These are irrelevant, but give context.

There are three of interest here. The warrior, one big bladed arm on the left, two dextrous hands on the right. They move like chess pieces, judging the situation and being as efficient as possible. A devolved subspecies called War Rats is about dog size, has two blade arms and two dextrous hands paired on either side. They are voracious little fuckers.
The engineers have their own devolution in Watchmakers. Four armed gremlins that breed as fast as rats, and can tinker things into advanced technology, only ever needing to see an object to reverse engineer it. In the book these get loose on the human ship, set up in storage and start breeding rats for meat. The crew doesn't attempt to purge because they seem very helpful, upgrading gear left out or customizing pistols to grip, fixing broken utilities, the whole ship runs several times more efficient. Eventually their population outstrips the rats and they start waging a passive war on the crew, making air holding forcefields to stop atmosphere venting. When the ship is scuttled a few are seen stuffing themselves into an exo-suit with a human head in the helmet, trying to flee to the other ship. They can breed with War Rats, producing weapon making mules. A later book has an asteroid that was made a small metropolis by some escaped watchmakers. The group passing by curbstomps them for resources.

Worth a thought at least. Imagine a rat plague that actively repairs the ship, if slowly stealing it.

I am interested.

the issue with that is you'd have to edit every sprite in the game which you can hold inorder to see that item in those new hands or it'd show nothing unless you examine them

basically doubling every single held sprite

Not to shill this, but I bumped into this from my gamedeving recommendations. It's more of a colony management thing like Dorfs, rather than SS13, but thought you fags might like it because >SPESS

starmancergame.tumblr.com/

It's a watered-down ultra-early access version of Rimworld, which is a shitty watered down hipster version of Dorfs. So it's shit. Yet another disaster management game that re-re-re-re-recycles the exact same mechanics as its predecessors.

twitter.com/StarmancerGame/following?lang=en

Didn't even look at that. Shame.

Looks pretty enough, though.
Anyways, I haven't actually really looked at Rimworld. Is it worth my time?

It's one of those 'mods will fix it' games
Vanilla is boring as all get-out but the modding community is large and active
I'd suggest to pirate it since nearly every mod that's on the steam workshop is online too.

Fucking Larry Niven dude, my nigga. I want to play as a pierson's puppeteer.

new round

Brb, fascist march on station as head of shitcurity

Got an interesting habbo hotel look to it. I'll keep my eye out, but, other user is right
I imagine it'd be some time before it's truly 'decent'.

What the fuck, I just got banned out of nowhere without a reason?
I wasn't even fucking dead, I was alive all round and doing well.

someone just banned fucking everyone from our sever

I was doing fine as well as the virologist and out of no where I got that same thing.

why was i banned? i didn't do anything, i was just making monkey cubes and spawning monkeys

btw I was the virologist, hope you other cultists like that super triple virus I made us.

I undid all the bans, it looks like someone just fucked our server and managed to ban everyone in it

Really? That ain't good. How'd they manage that?

I have no clue, it looks like he poof'd everyones ckey and connected via his banned ip which applied the ban to everyone or some shit I don't know dude I'm just guessing right now

>its my birthday, having a good day already
Thats fucking hilarious. I'll look into it my goyim!

Is this just poor damage control or did someone legitimately ""hack"" into the serb? If you're telling the truth, a. why the hell would someone bother and b. who would have the motivation? who have you banned or slighted in the past that would do this?

We've had turboautists dedicate months to dismantle the 8ch server before. The fuck are you on about?

I'm thinking its either a bug or an exploit. No one this autistic would do this.
The person who got banned is an autistic faggot who wanted to code for the server. He kept on using "tbh" and I told him to stop, he got offended by it and then decided to meme hardcore when he was playing.
If this was intentional, I would probably find this to be the most funniest thing I have encountered all month.

it wasn't a hack but a spoofing of sorts which is weird since the ip ban which was applied to the person who we're guessing did this was before we got our databanks up so we're guessing it's some kinda byond exploit but this is all assumptions on our part till we look into it more.

why would he do it? if it's who we think it is since this could be only done via the person computer, then he got banned because he bot spammed ooc when 8ch told him to kill him self. I think I know his motivation if it's who I think it is and we banned the person who did this we assume because he bot spammed ooc

Youuuu have soiled your hands with filthy parchments of heresy user. How do you plead?

Guilty of not giving a fuck
If other races aren't in the game, how can you bully them to death?

I'd be considered a subhuman by much of Holla Forums and this still pisses me off.

please do not actually fight a blob like this imagine, thank you

Heck that was a funny one. Especially when I discovered how to spawn spore and blobbonauts.

I hate D&D stories, because all the players are numale betas and think it's lmao so epic to do a silly sexual thing as you kill enemies

The guy from the last thread who used 'tbh' in nearly every post & ooc message and thought it was hilarious? Good riddance, glad you banned that guy. I can kinda understand how an autist of that caliber would be assmad enough to attack the server.

If that's something your DM does maybe you should find less cancerous friends, although if you're complaining about D&D runs not being super serious maybe it's you who's the cancer

We haven't played in over 2 years, just because we have 3 people and different schedules.

But it's always dumb meme shit when I play with others, they never attempt to roleplay or take the plot seriously. It's like they try to blindly min/max their characters and fuck it up and don't even realize it, and just roll dice and see how fast they can kill things

t-tbhā€¦

t-t-bhā€¦ā€¦.

I wanted for awhile koriath tbh

At the size they'd be they couldn't hold anything larger than a small pistol. Instead of individual sprites for each object I'd have the characters hands show they're holding either weapon, tool, or food in each hand. Sort of cow tool shapes. Don't most robots not show what tool they're using?

Or make something similar, where the second set of limbs are blades that act as most tools from pickaxe to screwdriver. That way the object sprites can appear in upheld hands in the proper spots. Multi-grasping still possible, just can't hold four things at once. Without objects the Watchmaker is one tile high.

AI would have cleanerbot style behavior, with benefit of attempting to fix/build damaged objects with objects they pick up. Want to build a wall, but don't want to spend the time doing it? Drop tools around the Watchmakers, and drop the proper wall material on the spot you want it. Of course a player playing a motie could direct his hoard with chitters.

I don't get it

Cows don't make good tools.

You and the population of New York. The comic artist still gets dozens of letters a year over this single panel.

>(((36)))
Looks like that poster was right and portugay is really full of niggers.

Look, I don't know what's wrong with you if you think ritual sacrifice isn't an artform but we need those candles.

It's important.

You're a faggot.
Chaplain starts with 2 packs of candles on his locker and there's a pack of candles in the chappel table at the side of coffin storage.

I'm interested in this as well, its been on my mind ever since I played on that wh40k serb, it'd work well with mechadentrites and tyranids since mechadentrates are really wonky and take up an inventory slot each, and tyranid warriors can't use their weapons like real weapons and only use them like a spell.

WITNESS ME
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/10045
Sadly we can't directly port it

Funny, that is exactly what I was thinking for pose when holding an item.
Why not?

/vg/ is on baycode base and TG is onā€¦ TGcode or whatever it is.
A direct port just won't merge. Trust me on that one.

DB is working right?
I should write some original gay yiff and upload it to the book library for posterity :^)

plasma bottles in the chemistry lab please.

Are you a melanin-enriched individual?

There is a lot of arcane shit in here really
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15304

Did i really have to post this to tell you that you can do that? Those sheets are there for a reason.
Even more useful: Grind the sheets, make two 5-unit pills of plasma that you can spill into beakers at any time if you want to cause a catalyst reaction. Keep the pill in either the smartstorage, your pocket, on one of the many boxes in your room or in the pills locker inside one of the many pill bottles. Just make sure to not lose the plasma cause you may need it later.

Please read

you're a faggot for deleting your post just because you linked to the OP

Sorry, It's been a while, and never had to grind sheets.

One of my favorite moments in this game was making a time bomb in a furry ERP server, and I hid it in the bar.
It was a plasma napalm bomb
almost the entire playerbase was in the bar revving up for their ERPs by the time it went off
I provided a suitable environment of fire and brimstone so they could yiff in hell.

Why a borg can't pick up things or carries plasteel is BYOND me.

Thats what MoMMi's are for.

But engiborgs could do with a lot of upgrade modules

Imagine being able to install multiple robot arms on you, or mutating more arms

Post songs

I mean waited

borgs and the like can only use the tools that're hardwired into them and they're restricted then players because of laws

HOLY SHIT

yes it is

is it really needed?

/vg/code is very good tbh

brobots can use their tray to carry shit. I'd like a new silicon race which isn't a port and is unique, although we also need more methods of healing silicons as well as passive healing shit like god viruses too

purge furfags tbh

/vg/ is okay, but definitely not good. It has some nice bits though. We should rob 'em blind.

I much prefer niggering /vg/ then nu/tg/ tbh but still want our own stuffs

You choose your borg type right?

Hypothetically, what if they worked more like changelings? That is, you'd pick your new sprite and designation, but you have a full list of tools/modules to pick from, including guns tools, lightbulb replacers, cleaning on step, sec access, night vision, etc. General modules could cost like 2 or 3 points, or arranged in a package by role, while strong or specific tools could cost 5 or even 7 points and you could start with like 25 or 30

I'd rather we have things that are good, regardless of the source. I'd gladly accept vore code if whatever it adds is quality.

On this note, medi-borgs really need to be able to hold things. At least certain items. It's a pain in the ass trying to do anything beyond injecting with the standard chems you get. Incredibly limited on what you can do. Especially in the chems department. Outside of your own shit, you've not got much of any options.

see I don't really like them just having these things, I'd prefer it if every module they have had to be built and fitted on a frame as well as software drivers installed which options to dictate what driver controlled what.

sure and you're right but if we prioritize niggering over producing then our code wont be any different then any others

If you've got a sandwich made of turkey and swiss, and a sandwich made of ham and cheddar, is a sandwich made of turkey and cheddar not a different sandwich?

depends on your alignments

Since when are subs connected?
It should still be two separate pieces of bread.
Also, fuck me, I am starving. I've typed up three more analogies and they all were about food.

Point being that, how you combine your shit is the important factor. If you take the components from one thing, and the frame of another, you've got a different thing.
I wouldn't touch /vg/ with a rented dick, because when we were testing that it was a pain in the rear. Medical was fucked to all hell, combat was slow and suicidal, and most the systems were either empty, or overly complex.
But I would love some of their shit stolen.

agreed over all and we should have their make shift weapons whenever the coderfag working on it stops being mia

Are corndogs sandwiches?

It is basically a hot dog but fully enveloped. The stick is a nonfactor

that's rebel thinking there

What about ice cream cones? The ice cream is encapsulated by the cone, and covered by a soft layer of chocolate drizzle, sealing it all in, and bringing a good structural integrity to the whole thing.

No, it has to be two pieces of bread. A full wrapping is not a sandwich, regardless of what these commie sons of bitches say. Subs are supposed to have two separate pieces of bread.

But a corndog IS two pieces of bread. It's just fused together by the heat, ya know?

not it's not you fucking retard, it's literally just batter that's fried

Except it's not. It's not even an actual piece of bread, but a batter that gets baked on.

But bread is just little pieces of bread that's all fused together. If you were to count all those little breads, it would be infinite.

It's a full circular wrapping. It isn't made of two pieces. What's wrong with you?

So if it's a circle, it has roughly 2pi radians of circumference, yes? So in that case, it is eternal. It is infinite.

Son, one may have the potential to be split into as many parts as it pleases when you break down the fractions, but that don't mean it's two.

With that kind of thinking, everything's a sandwich and words have no fucking meaning because we can just say 'TECHNICALLY A BAR OF IRON IS A SANDWICH'.

My first instinct is to assume you're joking, but I worry that's giving you too much credit.

Is the bar of iron not sandwiching multiples ions and particles densely packed together to form said bar of iron?

But then what if the air between the iron bar is also sandwiching it? Does that not make the bar the filling, and the air that we breath the bread?

Get out.

what have I done?

I don't know any of these names.

the imagine is /vg/ drama but I was more about this sandwich derailment

new round

we're testmerging vorecode for next round

pls no

This is truly the end of days

Great now I just need somebody to RP as my multicocked Sangheili daddy (flood infected) and gobble me up with his tight hyper ass, while I jerk my jackal cboy clit off before I die and get digested

I had the same idea but it does say food item

As an user whose getting back into the game after several years, what is this vorecode business and how does it effect the janitor or chaplain?

you can now nostril vore your mop

I just found out that splashing 50 units of mindbreaker toxin on someone makes them go kablooey.

that was a pubbie getting bullied for being a shitter tbh

well you won't have to clean up bodies when the degenerates are here.

he did try to do the chloral hydrate syringe gun thing and didn't have the brains to run the fuck away as soon as I reached for a beaker, so he kinda deserved it.

saw all of it so yeah fuck pubbies tbh

Well then. Might want to give changelings a single free huskless kill.

Neck your self

I like it but next time make one of the puppets related to the server, maybe memeseeks or something.
God bless.

I didn't draw it, just found it

Its actually relating to the TG server and the shitstorm that has been brewing their for awhile now. Or it was months ago, I don't know what its like now and I don't rightly care.

serb is down for compiling.

why even bother tbh

Maybe you should kill himself

Been working on a new Z level. It's sixteen 57x57 micro-worlds.
Thought there should be more stuff for telesci and the white ship.

Such is the life on Space Station 13.

Chemists who do this deserve to be hung
Make some fucking alkysine and leave it near the cloner you potato. Rig up the cryotubes. Or give people 50u of meth disguised as anti-toxin, maybe even fill all the alcohol at the bar with ethanol.
At least be subtle about your shitty-ness you shitter :^)

You were my target (brain) but somehow your body got corpsed in such a way I couldn't interact with it. Couldn't even clone you, so I had to give up

I'm very lucky the brute+burn damage didn't add up to 100

Plasma+Mindbreaker+Space drugs fuck up the body horribly.

I made a medbot with 90u of polyacid, so anyone injured by the usual autism would die as soon as they came by it.

Small fry, the lot of you.
Why did the ban have to be 24h? I want to meme it up as PCD scichem autist

I'm also the only one that actually knows how R&D works. I also don't play sci that often because i find it boring.
I'm also supposed to be doing the R&D bible for the wiki but i'm procastinating so hard right now i don't even have notepad++ open.
Kill me now i need muh spessmens

It has 3 different departments that all make cool stuff and it's a job where accidents lead to explosions and pissed off slimes/ayys. What would it be boring compared to?

I use this R&D guide.
pastebin.com/9SvSuiHC
It is pretty good and does not waste resources.
No need to deconstruct anything.
It does not give absolutely all levels, but it is more then enough and the rest is really easy to figure out.

That guide is the one in the wiki. It's actually fairly wasteful in terms of levels, like in combat it goes straight for the P.Lasergun after the flamethrower which only raises it to Combat 3 when it could do Combat 4 right away by doing Flamer > improv Stunprod > (Health Analizer) > P.Lasergun saving 10u of S.Acid from the two Gygax/Durand weapons control boards he has to make to compensate.
He also doesn't know he can raise to Materials 6 by upgrading the DA machine and deconning a pico manipulator after your EM, Pow, Eng and Bluespace levels are also at 5-6, wastes an entire Uranium bar getting Mats 6 and then has you wait for a miner to give you a goddamn Diamond Pick for Mats 7 when you could decon the toy AI or a femto manip for 16/1 the resources it takes.

For this reason and the fact that nobody knows how to do R&D as a MoMMI or without starting materials is why i'm doing the bible. There's also a much faster way to do R&D that is really really wasteful in terms of resources but gets you stupid levels stupidly fast that some people like to do even when there's no rush to do so, which could be useful for fags whose times have to be precise because of an antag like a Blob decides to start fucking up shit and people are relying on you to beat it.

WHOOPS. Post meant to reply to

Engineering is more fun because you get a license to hack literally every machine in the station, you have access to Tcomms, you get to have free hardsuits to explore space with and solars are fun to speedrun. There's also the fact that science is largely about shut-ins who never interact with the rest of the crew which sucks for an RP game.

Whenever I'm antag, I go engy and do only the most basic wiring. I then go out into space, break into the armory if the current chemist is willing to give me thermite, steal everything, and then sell e-guns and laser guns to greyshits in exchange for their jihad of sec or assassination of someone. It works well.

What a great department

You can disassemble R.Walls you know
You can also use an IED in space. They break R.Walls too, most of the time anyways, and are fairly silent despite being an explosive
Maybe a Weldertank with a signaller+igniter device would be more effective? Loud though.
Could also scout out to see if anyone's guarding it by using the Security board in technical storage to have access to the camera's networks, in which you can notice if hacking in through the airlocks would be much faster
If you're a traitor, you can also get c4, but that's kinda loud and has you waste TC for it
Changelings can just ventcrawl in as a monkey, though the beepsky is usually turned on to detect unknowns which could make it a moot case.
I'm trying to find ways to keep sneaking into armory but i think one of the most effective ones when it's guarded by a captain or whoever is not the warden is to use a chamaleon projector because nobody really expects a cigarrete butt to sneak into the armory

Telesci can reach most of the gun racks with an extra crystal

I love going sci, its easy to go off the grid and build your own mini-medbay(complete with cloner) and R&D department as well and start pumping out mechs and weapons.

is the server down?

serb dead

Sorry guys, it's been fun. We have been C&D'd by Goonstation. The server is down forever.

RIP

It says there are 17 players on, I just cheked. I'll restart it. Sorry for the inconvenience my friends.

Implying I would let a bunch of fursuit wearing, erp loving faggots fuck with my fucking server.

Chemist is best

dead again?

serb dead

Sorry guys, it's been fun. We have been C&D'd by Goonstation. The server is down forever.

what the fuck is going on with this serb

[Common] Byrne Shafer says, "Due to the hop being a nigger goodbye server"

And then it fucking died again
What a nerd.

what did he mean by this?

you mean that incompetent muppet that let slip of me, a bottom level of SS13 combat capable spagetti spiller? Surely the server didn't get tanked over that plebs doings.

hop probably cucked admin's wife and he resented it the little faggot

I'm not enjoying restarting the server. If you're going to be this much of a nigger, Just have a lovely break from the computer, and come back when you're calm. Thank you!

Nah serber was just restarted by admin and this faggot just repeated himself again, he probably crashed it with some sort of exploit, like the same exploit he used to fuck with the ban database.

Okay. I banned someone.
If it was you, server crasher, Please do me the favour and crash the server again. Thank you.

How about vorecode features, but without vore?
Devteam of ERP (honestly, it is server's title shortened, with IP including bulge. Ironically, they focus on HRP more than ERP.) switched to vorecode and they removed vorefagging. They don't host shit yet, but they got github set. Also, there will be ice planet colony map.
I'm feeling sorry for user the madman who tried to remove vore from vorecode, since there is now whole devteam doing/done that.

i think it's time to actually look for and lynch the fucking goon niggers because fuck this shit.

This is hilarious to me. I am not even the host. Restarting the server and checking the logs. God bless you mad man.

it's not loading for me, am i the one that was banned? if i am, how do i prove that i am not the ddoser?

no serb dead

This is hilarious to me. I am not even the host. Checking the logs and restarting the server. God bless you mad man.

It's not loading because the serb is down

you don't have to, if the server gets DDOSed again, then it's obviously not you.

Oh boy

no you got banned

It doesn't say I'm banned. Why would I be?

Nevermind I'm in the lobby.

serb crash again???

just gas goons tbh

So I guess that's what we're doing today, until either this shitter gets bored or admin finds and bans his IP. Then again, the autismo3000 might have multiple ips. IDK, time for breakfast.

Don't worry friend! I won't ban you. I will be banning someone though. I do recommend going to sleep incase.

Serb is kill, again.

rip in pieces

Wouldn't disabling the random ckey system allow us to go back to the old system of self-policing shit like this? More eyes on who's connected would surely make it easier to catch recurring shitters.

is admin at least stickybanning him? normalbanning is not going to do anything because he know how to evade

They can probably do this regardless of the random ckey system and admins can already see the real ckey as it connects, it's a moot point and if their goal is to remove it to have access to ckey drama to shit up the thread with then there's even less reason to do that.

all these (1)s and new thread posters out of nowhere immediately complaining about serb being down at the same time le ebic script downloader is bragging about taking the serb down
Really makes me think

Good point. Wish the shittery would stop regardless.

almost like we didn't have a reason to post in the thread until the server started getting shut down every damn round

LYNCH ANONYMOUS #26

gitgud why do you heff to be mad

Why can't we just have some /comfy/ fun? Also /vg/ a shit.

It's time

You're not getting your /vg/station code, you little shit. Sure mommy and daddy didn't say "no" to you often enough, and if they have then get the message. No means no. We're implementing vorecode so get over yourself.
I got the day off, so I'll keep at this until either one of us gets bored.
Pic related, it's you.

Understand that nobody wants to play with someone as unfun as you, if you want to play vorecode, just go to voreserb. If they banned you from voreserb because of furfag gassing, you already killed the point of playing vorecode.

Reminder that Cargonia is the only competent department.

There we go, that's why I play this game!

this is the kinda shit we're needing, good works

we've been looking at vore code for awhile, there's alot of neat shit but it's the same issue as /vg/ in that it's based off of bay and thus'll need utterly rewitting, that and we don't really know what to nigger tbh

Multi-level stair stuffs is good from what I hear.

it is but it's also using z-levels

Stairs are actually just glorified teleporters. You can put stairs that lead to the same z-level but another location.

that's abit poop tbh

Your face is poop too tbh

o-ohā€¦

oh so this was the bullshit you guise were dealing with

EBIN

wew tbh

Did the server dieded?

last nights bullshit is happening again, although 8ch daddy isn't on to bring the server back up

Well guess until the big boys wake up I'm going to go play hippie

Remember the best way to raid hippie is to be goodcurity and suppress the powergametide and listen to people screech "I WILL AHELP U!!!"

Well shit. I'm only playing this game since a few days and finally had a round where I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

It's sad that actually doing your job gets people to spaz out so fucking much.

I got into my server finally, let me fix this shit

we up again

love this meme

I'm sorry for this, please bear with us

I remember getting murderboned on Yogstation by someone, ask the admin what's up with that, get told "it's part of the game lol" and proceed to singubomb the little shit. It was worth the ban.

Nothing beats the time I caught a shitter on our server by tasing with a stunrod, cuffing him, throwing him in a locker, weld the locker shut, package with colourfull paper and fire him away from the garbage slinger into space.
I was surprised I even managed to do that and not spagetti in the process.

Although the time I wrecked shop as a miner with 0-grade gibs, blowing holes into the AI core because it went rogue was also good.

Or the occasional Cargonia uprise.

Man, I love this game.

i keep getting antag and then this big meanie crashes the serb.

stop bullying me!

I just ip ranged banned him

I can do it before he enters the server now so hopfully he'll give up at some point with all his vpn banned

im just gonna come back later, enjoy your server for a little.

if you end up getting banned please say so in the thread

why tho in the first place?

:((((

Anon971 is a crafty hacker and you guys need to stop bullying him.

y tho

That's just begging to be bullied.

You're silly. Of course we're gonna keep bullying you.

Didn't even make it through the weekend without becoming a paranoid meme lord.

you do you Brocano :^)

Press F to pay respects ;__;7

Sounds like a real pedo name tbh

page 13 when tbh

sign me up

fishy name indeed.

If Koraith re-added his rat chewing power-cables bullshit, he needs to be fucking lynched.

no but once mice are nerfed abit, we're thinking of having spookmice able to do so

Surely we're not letting Koriath code for us after the last spurgeout, are we?

our stance is this, anyone can code for the server so long as A: it's good code that people want and B it's not ideafagging code that only you think is good.

sounds like a good policy to me

Eh, fair enough.

What do they do that needs be nerfed?
Gain nutrient too fast?
Simple solution for that, anyway. Have them need to eat for nutrient.

there's some issues which need to be fixed but they're not causing open problems, they basically don't have a cap on their nutrient and since it generates currently it can infinity do so also if you're in a pipe which goes under a door you'll try to sneak under the door but if you let it happen it'll teleport you out of the pipe and onto the other side of the door.

they will be changed to need to eat for nutrient, just as soon as the coder who did mice stops being mia

also ya'know no malicious code

I've not run in to the pipe door issue, myself. Seem to be able to run through doors just fine. Maybe I'm going through them too fast.

Also, I'd really like to see them have a hide like MoMMIs and ayy larva have. I hate this shitty invisible stuff.

I agree with you there

Wew
tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1915#p41515

All the download links seem to be dead, sadly.

Anyone have them saved? I've always wanted to try telesci, but math is for queers.

here

How do I learn how to AI?

by playing it

Just follow your laws and keep an eye on things. You will mostly be opening doors for incompetent carbons and wrangling borgs.

Follow the guides. Remember hotkeys are your friend. Shift and alt click things. Don't fuck with the gas.

what are the "trash" and "filling color" properties of objects in the code?

trash is empty junk food sprites and colour is I'm assuming to do with recolouring memes with crayon powder

what if it has no leftover trash? just don't put that property in?

I guess it really depends on what it is you're going for but I'm assuming so, look at something produced like a pizza or a burger to give you an idea

do you think it's possible to vend a package of something? like how donuts come in a container box

I'd imagine so, it's just spawns from a list of items after all

Just played a round as NT rep and I got some suggestions.

1. More access. He starts loyalty implanted so I think its fair that he gets general access to each department, but not full access, as much as sec officer assigned to that department would get. That also means no access to any department that doesn't usually get a sec officer attached to it, such as service, to reduce overlap with the HoP.

2. If he isn't already, as a roundstart-implanted crewmember, should be a target for cult sacrifices and such, and be on the Rev hitlist for heads, even if he isn't a head per-se, but if that imbalances thing then its not really necesarry.

3. Armor in his locker. Locker should be lockable, not just a closet like what the lawyer usually would have.

I only feel strongly about the first point, because right now he feels like a lawyer with a seafoam jumpsuit and a loyalty implant.

that's because he's just a reskin lawyer currently

Hey, HoP, just so you know, next time you fucking weld off a shuttle, don't be surprised if instead the guys trying to escape shoot you first, you heartless bastard.
Seriously, it's shitter behavior like that what results in murderfests. Why should I trust crewmen when some asshound's just going to straight up murder me for trying to get to an escape pod when singu's ate the fucking shuttle?

Best feeling

:smirk:

wew

terrible ;^)

I originally wanted to make him a psuedo head, Removing the access to security and giving him head access, while making him more of a target to the other roundstarts.
I don't believe he needs armor in his locker, but I do agree his locker should be locked.
I would like any other suggestions involving the NT Representative, as I will command the poor codekikes to code the changes in.
Thank you!

OVERPOWERED

a beaker of black powder basically

im testing it atm and for some reason there's no blackpowder in you after you eat an oreo but I got the container and other shit right

I wish you could have reactions go off inside your body.

ive done that before and had it work but its a very small yield explosion as you can't take a Mr.Krabs sized pill of potassium before you hit the same amount of water, just 50-50 at best
Two filled pool tiles might work however

you can unbuckle yourself by typing resist in the command bar

Thanks, didn't know that. Thought it was only by clicking.

VIVA CARGONIA

One of you shits better've got the fucking medical cup.

It was okay / 10

SIEG CARGONIA!!!

why do you guys let me do events again?

It's one of those type of things boyfriends put up with so they can fuck you later, to put it metaphorically :^)

Granted, I was cargo, but still

for the oreos, should they be only available from a hacked vending machine or just regularly available?

Koriath here: rat chewing cables was TG idea of "shit to keep engineers busy".
The only thing I did was make the rats turn to rat burgers when they fried themselves on the cable.
Because I like being a hobo in maintenance and I need my sustenance.

Blame TG for the idea, when you're the one who put it on the serb? How the fuck do you suck so badly at logic.

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/12441
:^)

sent a pull request, go easy on me

Can someone post the link to the Github Repo?
I wanna fix spacecash.

github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station

Also, since I have some time to kill:
I'm gonna make spacecash proper stackable and shit. Why?
Because shekels. Two things I wanna add:
It's pretty much just a simple machine we put in Cargo Entrace. You put items (ANYTHING) in it, it spits out cash. Cargo can then grab "parcels" from it (suposed to be the items you put but packaged) and send it to centcomm for points.
I'm probably gonna make a default for everytime of 1 spacecash and then we can think what would be valuable items to sell so we increase those. If it works, I think chemical ingredients would be good too. Not just to sell your pills for some shekels, but also for the chef to export his haut cuisine.

What are shekels for? Besides roleplaying, I'm putting in a "Kapitalist Reward Machine".
Basically, a vending machine that works on spacecash and sells stuff. For now, just cosmetic or pointless stuff.
DISCUSS

Later down the line, we could have each department having a way to make spacecash for themselves and a "Parcel" machine in it. If the "Parcel" machine is hooked to the tubes, the parcels would land in cargo via mail-room.
Also, this means Security will get money by slapping fines on people. Just convert 1min in the brig to 10 spacecash.
Corrupt cops, yay!

instead of spacecash, why not just make the points creditable to the department and have them be used to order crates? like if you turned in 5 points of stuff you made in your department, you could redeem them for that much worth of crates, related or maybe unrelated to your work

There's two mechanics there. One is a player making something and wanting a reward out of it, even if it's a silly hat.
The other is a department working really well.
What I can imagine is that whenever a department earns spacecash, a part of it is "retained" by the department. Say, 20% and give the Head the ability to set the 'tax'
So you sell a pill packed with Alkysine and that goes for 10 credits. You get 8 credits and the department keeps 2.
Or, you can donate spacecash to the department.
This would need another computer in the department to work, but can be done.

What I wanted is for people to discuss ways every department can earn cash.
NT representative can just earn periodically, he's on the payroll.

For instance, the only idea I had for security was using the Prison shuttle with an additional location: Prisioner Processment. It's another small area where prisioners spawn (NPC'S). You can get them, bring them onboard, hold them in the brig for a while and then send them back earning a bit of cash. This is more the work of the Warden though.
For normal Officers, I'd have Criminals taking refuge in maintenance. NPC's that just randomly spawn and hide there. If you start arresting them, more NPC's spawn and after arresting a few more, they start getting more dangerous.
By order of danger. The great thing about this system is that, if we don't have a single Sec Officer, the game will at most put a Space Hobo in and never progress.
And I supose people could kill him to get brains for the cook.
I'm thinking of other ways for each department to make money because if everyone had a way involved with their job, we could make money more than just "buy cosmetics".
But never 'buy bag of holding', let's have some restraints here.

my issue with the original idea is the reward/use of spacecash is kinda meh where getting cargo points for crates is a more tangible reward and gives cargo more reason to actually send people shit

Hey neat, the same guy who had an absolute meltdown last thread about people disliking his proposed shit changes, and who's made shit changes in the past, is trying to make even more changes no one has asked for and aren't needed. Again.

I think ya missed the big red "Discuss" or the "ideas".
These are mine. I'd like to play Sec Officer and kick out bums from maintenance and earn cash doing it. Got a better idea?

Yeah, I get your point, crates usually are the main source of actual usefull stuff. But if you can just materialize boxes in your department with cash, Cargo will see noone. Heck, cargo already barely sees people as it is.
I'm not looking to invalidate cargo, so I'd have the department requests console (that barely anyone uses) have an additional option: validate request using department funds.
Still needs someone in cargo to offload the goods and send it your way, but now it's done using your points and cargo doesn't have to worry about spending theirs on your 3 x Virus crates and can save up enough for their butterfly crates.

Yeah, I sure do. It's called 'not implementing anything drastically game-changing for no reason'. I think we should add a 'target' for the geneticist, like in /vg/. Or maybe have the janitor start off with a cleaning grenade. Things like that. Hell, maybe you could work on fixing virology, like that one guy has been complaining about for the past few threads.

that's not what I mean, I mean that you spend your points to make cargo requests and cargo fulfills the requests as normal instead of the current system where people just demand items for whatever reason

Ah yes, that's what I was gonna do too. Agreed.

It's just cash brosef, chill. Got anything against capitalism?
I just saw: github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/issues/37
And thought I'd give it a go. I'm just making the dollar bills actually work like dollar bills and making a machine your can use to export crap off station for now. The rest is up for discussion.
What's wrong with virology?
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/issues/31 This?
That's been broken for years. Has to do with how vaccines and diseases are stored in the game. Hint: it's a dumb clusterfuck of shit, types and datums that barely makes sense.
My opinion? It's not fixable. You can patch it but it will break again. Should probably re-make virology at this point.

If it works anything like /vg/'s economy works, I say fuck no that's straight up cancer. Most everything required money, yet money was by large pointless.

Have to second this on the sec front. I'm sorry, but my job is too full of shit to do as is.

PIN numbers and shit like that is too cumbersome. If it takes more than 2 seconds for a player to pay another, noone is gonna use it. I know, I played there.
I'm making spacecash work like metalsheets: you have a wad of it in your hand. You click, type how much you wanna put aside, bam: you get two wads of cash, one with the amount you need to pay and the other the remaining.
People wanted PIN numbers and ATM because "oh no, what if someone steals my space monopoly money".
Fuck that, you carry cash as an item and if someone brains you to get it, call security.

Eh, that's alright. It was pretty much just adding more antagaonists that weren't even smart in the first place (NPC's).
Maybe just fines then? It could solve the problem of people doing minor demeneours everywhere. You don't brig someone for 1 minute, it takes longer than that just to get him in the cell. Just slap a fine. If he doesn't pay, slap another. Third time with unpaid fines, you get 3 minutes which is enough to warrant an arrest. Sound good?

This was the one point in which I liked /vg/, albiet with /vg/'s way of fielding it being useless.
See, people had money, and they could spend that money themselves on the cargo crates they desired. Problem?
Cargo crates would cost too much for anyone to really afford, unless they were mining because mining was literally rolling in cash.
Issue is, money was pointless otherwise, and for that one thing, it cost too much.

I'd rather see departmental points. Points that, when using the "supply request console", we can automatically charge to our department. Ideally, this'd mean that cargo actually buys and ships out crates for people. I am sorry to say, but much of the time when someone makes a request, unless they want something we already have or something really cheap, I am not like to get it, as is, until we have a ton of points lying around. Not unless you're important, anyway.

Incidentally, this might be a very unpopular opinion here, but, I think the kinetic accelerator should not be able to open crates.
It's made Cargonia a breeze. I just grab the QM voucher, and crack open whatever I please.
In the olden day, an emitter or a laser was required. I would see these days return. Theft of the emitter was common as a result, mind you, but I think that's an easy enough sacrifice.

New thread

The problem is that this would make space cash too important in the greater scheme of things.

Having it cashable in the bar or something for useless cosmetics or shit that can't really affect the round might be acceptable, but the second you go beyond that and apply it to departments you've fucked with the entire flow of the game, which default to the previous answer of FUCK NO.