pastebin.com/stLT1bVc
pastebin.com/dTCRqZuN
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, July 27th

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/pop-demand-mod-ultimate
moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You don't need good reactions at all to play these games so what's the point?

having fun

it's fun to pretend you're good at strategy
i don't even have to play anymore, i can just call my tribal vassals to aid me and they do all the war for me. my own demesne levy is like 5% of the entire country

What happens when they revolt on your ass?

i pray that they don't unite
i already had two revolts, one for independance and one to take control
but both were only about a quarter of the country, every other vassal loves me too much and joined me in fighting them
besides, i can always just wait for enough prestiege to call a tribal army out of my ass

Is there any Vicky 2 mod that's more or less unbiased? HPM sucks Japan's and Prussia's dick all day and POP Demand Ultimate has like 5 different Hispanic empires but Austria can't even form the Holy Roman Empire.

Scratch that, POP Demand Ultimate actually got patched and has now more options for European Countries.

This is the most cancerous thing I've ever heard. Please consider suicide.

STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE

I just thought it was some new version of POP Demand. Is it really related to the Ultimate shitfest? What they gave up on that and hijacked something else?

Kill yourself

A fucking hue favela monkey just put the two together and started adding epic shit. Most likely worse than what Ultimate was.

Sorry if you get this all the time but is HoI4 good? What makes it better/worse than 3?

From my own research it seems like Darkest Hour actually is my best bet. Ahistorical potential of HoI4 and big multiplayer seems nice but ultimately the micro of DH sounds like the thing you'd be(U+200B was here) the most proud of at the end of a match.

Dude, HoI 4 is basically Risk:the game.
It's so fucking casualized, I mistook it for an android game at first.
HoI 3 is good in some aspects(tech) but it takes a lot of fun out of the game through the front automation. micromanagment is fun and there's nothing you can say to change that boyos
Play Darkest Hour and you're safe. That game is the pinnacle of paradox games.

LA PLATA

La Plata

I never understood this meme

Had to scratch it anyway since it only works with 3.03. So since PoP is trash, HPM is a meme, what Vicky 2 mods are actually good? Are there even any good ones?

I loved the sharp paper look of DH
I wish paradox didnt changed their art direction

Me too but i like it anyway

The idea is that Argentinians are white because they built a city in the shape of a square or somesuch. Which is really idiotic if you think about how cities built by white Europeans usually aren't. Square cities are a meme propagated by ((white Americans))

HOI4 is certainly dumbed down. The neat things are the whole production lines mechanic and building/construction being it's own dedicated list instead of taking away from the research you need to do, and the national focus tree gives you a certain degree of clarity to build your strategy upon, but everything else is "mana bars: the game", examples being:

-You can have a division with outdated equipment and little to no reinforcement to the yellow bar (strength) going up against top tier tech enemies at full strength, but if your green mana bar (organization) is even a bit above that of your oponent, you will win the engagement, no questions asked
-Plane wings for air engagements ensures superiority based almost solely on who has more planes up in the air
-You have just a bit of divisions above your supply cap? Enjoy a universal penalty to organization, combine it with the first point and see how you get your ass immediately handed to you.
-In spite of the national focus being a way to steer the country, decisions regarding your advisors are relegated to "political mana points", don't have enough? Sorry, you can't designate new generals or advisors.
-You would expect something like an ideology change to be something of immense risk, with implications for social upheaval, but nah maine, you literally choose your communist advisor and the reich just goes "meh, sure, I guess", the same with every country through "boost party popularity"

Those are just at the top of my head, and while it is much more friendly to newcomers than HOI3, it is a pretty dumb game to play, if you want to see the RNG pull some extremely odd shit with certain countries or roleplay as fascist russia or democratic germany, you can get some fun out of it. If you expect major realism or strategic depth in the same vein as HOI3, then just play that one or darkest hour.

Try BAI. Its in the OP pic.

Blood and Iron is really great. Of course, kikes can take control fairly easily.

It's like pottery

what mod is this

randomly generated
ck2generator.com
but if you use it, when you're done, go to your mods folder, delete legend events in the events folder, otherwise you're gonna get an infinite amount of robin hoods in your court
i also edited my terrain texture for the map to be the minimap texture

Why is HPM a meme now? The only people I remember who always had a problem with it were the autistic Robposters in the halfchan /gsg/ threads from years ago.

that doesn't make any sense

why does that boy have a snake up his trousers?

i don't understand, is this a random mark generator for ck2 really?

In the GoT mod, can I play as CIA, fug Sansa and rule the Vale+North?

yes, generates a random map (although you can also paint the terrain yourself)
it also generates history ala dorf fort

haven't tried, but it's probably possible
i only tried it once as stannis, won the war almost immediately, and after that everything was just a clusterfuck
the realm randomly chooses to join my kingdom whenever we're at peace, wars breaking out way too often, etc.
i do like that we actually get ice walkers though, something the mount and blade mod was missing

La Plata

Los putos rebeldes

El border gore.

How do the original Crusader Kings and Victoria hold up? CKII has too much fucking DLC and I don't want to use Steam for Vicky II.

Have you considered piracy?

Moralfag.

Modern Paradox are full on cancer and deserve no money even for the good older games as they are just going to use them to produce more new cancer. If this doesn't persuade just kill yourself.

Oh, and do either of them have something like the save converter that work with each other/EU3?

If you actually had morals, you wouldn't contribute anything to people who support white genocide. Pirate their games, you fucking cuckold.

This

you guys are fucking idiots
Plata means silver, which is also money depending on era,
so la Plata is just another way of saying "the money"

kill yourself with a 15" spikey metal dildo up your ass

Argentina is white and rich.

HQs is what kills HoI3 for me. It's so fucking tedious to do this all the time

Would anyone happen to have a mega of the latest version of Geheimnisnacht?

Should GSG strategy games not allow game interaction while paused?

I sort of wonder if this might not alleviate a lot of the whole "peacetime is boring" issues grand strats face if time is actually passing while you're browsing sliders and setting policies and shit. Granted this would make war a bit of a problem but not if it was a war system revolving around designing orders for the armies to undertake semi-autonomously. And one could still pause to think about stuff, but not issue orders or anything.

I think a big part of the peacetime problem is that players pause, do all their stuff (aka actual gameplay) and then unpause and wait, pausing when the time comes for more gameplay.

this, I can't fucking stand playing as large nation in HoI3, but on other hand playing as some banana republic in central/south america is fun.

No, that's a pretty retarded way to go about it. Peacetime isn't boring because of lack of player interaction, but because there literally isn't anything to do save for waiting for more warfare. MEIOU 2 does a fairly decent job of making peace interesting.

Peacetime wouldn't be nearly as boring if there were more events, elections (if you're a faggot and choose democracy), building infrastructure wasn't so abstracted and you could engage in meaningful politicking and intrigue.

There is shit to do, though. Picking research, diplomatic actions, building forces, building forts and railroads, building factories, upgrading factories, assigning national focuses, looking over alliances, etc. But this is all doable paused. So you do all the stuff paused, then unpause and wonder why there's nothing to do at peace. Because you did all the stuff already.

Is there any way to get these games without piracy or steam?

No. Either pirate them already or just leave.

No. What you're asking for is literally artificial difficulty.

How so?

how do i into feudalism
i finally converted my kingdom to feudalism since tribal shit didn't give me enough money
but now i can't raise a tribal army for prestige, and i get way less troops from my vassals
wat do

In most cases you don't even need troops from your vassals, except if you are not doing war on several fronts or against someone very big. Basically maximize your demesne. Choose the two douches (you can have that many without negatives) with the best counties and occupy as many of the counties as you can. Also all the baronies in your capital county. Don't get any baronies or other cities/castles in non capital counties you own, you get some negatives and it makes it pointless.

You can just ignore HQs and attach all units to theater. The bonuses are pretty small except for the supply bonus, which you can compensate by building a dozen transport planes.

converting from tribal into feudalism is pretty hard
you need a pretty strong realm with loyal subjects imo
at first you will tend to get way less troops and money, of you didn't get enough money before you didn't tribal correctly

Nothing morally wrong with "stealing" from a company that releases incomplete games and then forces you to spend 200 bucks on DLCs that should've just been part of the game from the start.
I can understand that they'd want money for an expansion that adds a huge part to the already existing world like they're doing now with the Tibet thing or something that adds an element that isn't required to have fun with the game like the Satanic cult they recently added but they expect people to pay for fucking portraits and the ability to play as a certain religion.

I don't get the requirements for forming La Plata in HPM, especially since I can't see the whole tooltip. Must I control every core directly (not through substates)?

nevermind, 90% of my realm was conquered by tribal islanders by the time i could actually muster a force
meanwhile my council keeps threatening me with war if i don't give them absolute power
this playthrough is pretty much dead at this point, mind as well start a new one

This is a big reason to not play with Conclave. Without it you will get a lot less revolts as long as people don't hate you too much.

i like the idea of a council, but ultimately the only purpose they serve is to undermine me rather than helping me rule the kingdom
isn't there any mod to fix it?

You can actually get a DRM free copy of Victoria 2 off of Amazon.

Other than removing the DLC itself I doubt it.

Started playing aurora.

So far still in my system after 30 years and mars is bitching that they need a super bare minimum for protection but honestly cannot care about a shitty planet that has zero fucking resources. Somehow perfectly barren. So venus is my new waifu. The only problem is that venus is apparently a vegan because I have 2.07mil farmers.

I assume there is no way to force your population into doing specific jobs?

There's two ways:

1. Put powerful vassals on your council. They can't join factions, and if your top 5-7 vassals are always on your side you'll basically never have a revolt. Downside is that this doesn't work with absolute rule, so you need to empower the council at least a little.

2. Have lots of sons and daughters and marry them within the realm, spreading your dynasty. Anyone closely related to you or married to your relatives you can make a non-aggression pact with (right click on them). This prevents them joining factions as well. The advantage of this is that you can still be absolute in laws, which takes all restrictions away and gives you a really powerful +2 demesne.

I prefer #2 since its good for roleplaying and leads to you becoming very powerful with ultimately 9+ demesne and still having the best council, but #1 is good as a fall back (vassals get too powerful and force council on you->put most powerful as council and you'll have no more angry factions until you can produce more kids).

sorry but I had to giggle in real life
why do you think councils actually exists user?
but you can swing stuff to your side by appointing people of trust
I once had my horse as a councillor, and besides obviously funny, he always voted in my favour

if you're going to appoint random high opinion dudes, you may as well gowith absolute rule

And then you're stuck with a bunch of incompetent retards as councillors.

It's not like Paradox has any morals as a company. They literally compared child abuse to pirating.

I agree, I would argue that CK2 has the best peace time of any GSG, due to the sheer amount of random events.

You mean the same 5 events over and over again with different RNG results?

I'm going to shill MEIOU 2 to you, because it managed to make EU4 peacetime actually enjoyable. It remodelled the entire estate mechanic and put in a privilege system (haha) that they then connected to autonomy. Essentially, every province in the game is controlled by one of three estates. Those estates try to get various priviliges from you that make them more happy, but that also come with shit-tier malluses and increase corruption. So you try to get rid of them (kinda like a monarch trying to centralise power) and overcome their autistic screeching, and since it takes a long time to revoke them and there are dozens of them for every estate, it's one of the things to do during peace time. The estates are then connected to autonomy in that that any money you lose due to autonomy doesn't just cease to exist like in vanilla, but goes to the estate. The estate then uses it to build its personal army (which it can use against you if you piss it off too much, but which you can use yourself if you call in some favours from the estate during a war) and to build infrastructure in the provinces you own, meaning you get a sense of natural growth and economy. There are other such things in the game (education and court spening for example) that make the peacetime seem more interesting due to having many more things to track and budgets to balance and, above all, makes it feel like your realm is actually an organic entity.

The events are mostly bullshit clutter. Vicky has the best peacetime.

But they didn't remove the mana, did they?

Not with #2, you can keep all your vassals off your council if you marry one of their family to one of your close relatives and get a NAP.

no, but the whole game is now much more gold-dependent rather than mana-dependent. Advisors are expensive as fuck and corruption jacks up the prices to the extreme, so in order to have reasonable amounts of mana, you need shitloads of gold and stability (to revoke privileges, which raise corruption). Also, development is no longer affected by mana in any manner, since the system was thrown out and replaced with population (pops are divided into stratas, and the amount of each pops is counter for each province, going through natural growth and all. Things like the plague then lower population, therefore lower development. The entire system is completely mana-independent, and can be affected by infrastructure which is, again, built by gold)

Nigger I love Vicky 2 but the peacetime events, no matter if Vanilla or not, are fucking aids. "XX did XX you get XX militancy" or "XX did XX you get more XX party or more XX party support", there's absolutely no variety no matter the country you're playing as. The only way to get relatively good peace time is if you're playing a mod that heavily favours certain countries, like for example HPM, where Japan get's a good event every 5 seconds.

Sounds cool but are the things I've heard about MEIOU 2's performance true? Because I've heard that it's supposed to be pretty bad.

always been the case with MEIOU – it's to be expected when what MEIOU does is tack a gorillion of modifiers on every province that need to be updated regularly, and when there are many more mechanics utlised for every country and every province. For me, it runs okay (there is a noticeable loss of performance compared to vanilla, but nothing too serious) and I own an i7

Well as long as it runs better than Vicky 2 on max speed I'm fine.

I noticed that, for some reason, paradox has removed a lot of old events from the early days of ck2. Its been literal years since i've seen robin hood or a dragon.

I think they are still in there but they get swamped by all the other shit that's now firing. I do remember getting a dragon event one time.

That just sounds like more clicking for the sake of clicking tbh.

you can also have vassals of trust, people you've given land to, even your close family

The problem is that even if a vassal is naturally at 100 opinion they can still be forced into factions by another vassal blackmailing them. Only things that prevent joining factions entirely are reliable.

I saw Robin Hood on my last game, I think you gotta stay on negative wealth for a few months for it to fire.

you best have terraformed that shit first

Is Stellaris now good to play, or at least with mods? Or should I wait to it to get more content/updates?

It will probably never be good. Try the Distant Worlds, Sins of Solar Empire and Aurora if you haven't yet.

aurora?

Look carefully at OP's picture.

Well, Holla Forums, who do you choose as new Fuhrer of the Third and Eternal Reich?

Goebbels you nigger, he was the most loyal of them all.

Anyone know how in hell to use naval warfare in hoi 4. I was playing as Germany and built up a big sub fleet. split it up into smaller fleets and then sent it our to commerce raid at the start of the war, after which it was sunk almost entirely extremely quickly? is their something im missing?

That is your problem, user.

i know, i know but still any naval advise?

To sink yourself under water until you die.

Himmler, he's a true believer, but also very practical and pragmatic. Then again, as said, Gobbles was the most faithful to Hitler.

Speer is a snake and Goring is a pig.

What mod?

That pic wasnt made by me, But I think that mod is New World Order 2, or whatever other mod/compilation that have NWO2 content. Cant be the Fatherland mod because game starts in 1948, and pic shows 1947, so must be NWO/similar.

the next bigger ship-class is a hard-counter to the ship-class below it, so when a fleet of 10 subs fights with a fleet of 10 destroyers, it can destroyed very quick, just like 5 destroyers can destroyed very quickly by a fleet of 5 light cruisers etc. etc.

did you send the subs to a convoy hunt missions? they're useless for pretty much everything else

i did use convoy hunting, does the destroyer thing make wolf packs shit? or am i putting too many subs in each wolf pack maybe?

I think the only way to make subs good is to send them where ships aren't. For Germany this means you want to close off the Med and then send them down the west coast of africa to fuck all of the intercontinental trade.

Why do the earlier starts create such boarder gore?

Because the AI is too dumb to manage titles.

Why the fuck is there no option for Dönitz?

Something wrong with blobbing the jews?

gravelkind

Anyone get supreme ruler great war? Or any supreme ruler….how are they in comparison to modern day paradox?

More like in the shape of a fucking alchemical transmutation circle

Goebbels was a proto-user.

How does Aurora and Distant Worlds fare in the race/civilization creation/editor? I want to have multiple option of politics, goverments, ideology, and political stuff to choose from when creating a race or civilization. Is any game that I should know that have this?

It sounds a lot like Stellaris

Stellaris is mostly cosmetic stuff and it is not like you can have white humans without mods in it.

Forgot my pic.

It also has a long list of policies you can change.

Is Distant Worlds better than the cancer that is Stellaris?

How the hell do I make it work on my computer. I made it work some years ago but now it just gives me errors. pirated

Distant Worlds is a LOT better and Stellaris is a straight up shitty copy that wanted to be "upgraded" with different paradox mechanics but failed miserably.
The ship builder is especially good. I always love dem death stars.
Also have a look at mods.

Well I like the fact that the representative of the Human Civilization isn't an UN Nigger Womyn.

Sounds AWESOME
link?

I'll spoon feed you because of your trips: moddb.com/mods/pop-demand-mod-ultimate

Download it from the archive. Use the Matrix Games - SetupCrack.

apparently there's an azeroth mod in the works
anyone mildly excited?
moddb.com/mods/warcraft-kings-of-azeroth

alrighty then

Have you ever used another V2 mod?

user wanted a civ creator with multiple options for ideology, government, etc., and Stellaris has Distant Worlds beat in that regard.

Johan, please.

Fuck yes I am. Might be the first remotely good Warcraft game since Warcraft 3. I just hope it gets released at all.

It is just a reskined CK2. Have any of the other fantasy mods even presented some new mechanics worth a damn?

elder kings gave us the option to raise undead armies out of our own magicka instead of counties
the got mod made it so the seven kingdoms unite into the ruling kingdom if they're not at war

I am sure such revolutionary mechanics were very hard to implement.

it's not exactly the same
in this case the other kingdoms actually join you

He also wanted to resign from his post and become an ambassador in Japan

I don't speak cabbage.

Not my problem

Göbbels wanted to resign, and become an ambassador in Japan.
But he was even willing to become a tie-sellsman (don't know why that specifically) if it meant going to Japan.
Hitler got really upset and didn't allow him to resign because he needed him.

Would games from the total war series count as GSG games? I really want a good roman GSG game but all I can really find is Total War: Rome.

doesn't ck2 have some roman mods?

Göbbels is the only correct choice. He was a slightly awkward sperg like Hitler, but also full of passion, insight and was extremely loyal to the Reich and to the Führer. Probably the only one who would have continued the Reich, just like how Hitler envisioned, no doubt. With Soviet Union wrecked and disassembled into puppets, Britain occupied and based Edward brought back, the Gibraltar controlled and the Middle East liberated and given to the nationalists, the war would've ended with both sides being unable or unwilling to do anything. And don't come with nukes; without a foothold in Europe, USA couldn't have nuked anything worth shit.

>Himmler was a cringey edgelord. I doubt he would have managed the Reich very well, he was too sociopathic and autistic for that. Even Hitler thought he was nuts and they had wildly different views (fe Himmler was a hardcore larpagan, to the dismay of Hitler and the majority of the party). His Germany would've likely been a caricature, exactly how Nazi Germany is portrayed in the current year. At least he was loyal to the Führer anyways and would've actually made Holocaust happen, although the Poles, the Russians and even the fucking Dutch included, thanks to (((Rosenberg))).
>Speer was slimy backstabber, he literally only worked for the party because it paid well and he could play SimCity. He is only hailed (((nowadays))) as the "only good nazi", because he lied and shittalked his colleagues to save his ass. As a leader, he certainly would've cucked out at the first given moment. Most likely would've been defeated by the Allies, resigned to Göring or coup'd by Himmler.

No idea, since he was (partly) the actual successor in real life and the base game allowed him to be chosen after the 'Hitler Suicide' event. Since Hitler himself wanted Dönitz to be the president after his death (with Göebbels as a chancellor to make the Reich more like a far-right republic and less like an unstable dictatorship), you can be sure that he would've been a good choice.

Sage for ultra-autistic off-topic rambling.

I'll look into it but considering I was looking for a mix between controlling civic and military decisions on top of actually fighting battles similar to Total war. I was just hoping there was an alternative.

Himmler was actually a superb administrator and political animal. If Germany had won the war he was going to be the next Furher, if only because he had complete control of the SS, Waffen-SS, Gestapo and virtually every other agency of the interior.

>although the Poles, the Russians and even the fucking Dutch included, thanks to (((Rosenberg)))
Doubtful. After all, it was him that allowed the various foreign Waffen-SS units to be raised.

I wish CK2 and Total War had a lovechild. Hell, I wish CK2 became even more of an RPG and focused on personal decisions and character interactions, since they had such a great influence on how feudal states were run.

If you can run Alea Jacta Est try that. If not you could try the Europa Universalis: Rome with the Reign of Ancients mod.

I wonder why anyone hasn't made a GSG that would run to and past modern times. Having a scenario like that would be pretty fucking rad. It would even allow more spy tier inner sabotage tricks.

There are mods that make certain games run from WW2 to now. Also there are mods that run in the now. Also there are even games that run in the now.

Really? I thought the latest any of the current historical games only went up to the 1950s or so, skip the modern era and go straight for the distant future. The closest game I knew that fit that without mods was tropico and I wouldn't really consider that a GSG similar to how I wouldn't consider SimCity or Cities Skyline a GSG.

There was the Putin (Modern Day) mod for Darkest Hour, but ParaJews shut it down for reasons untold.
There is the New World Order mod for Darkest Hour and Victoria 2.
Also there are games like Super Powers 2, that a lot of people around here have played.
A very EU4-like very newly released shite in modern times for example is Realpolitics.

pretty sure i also saw a current day mod for ck2 a few hours ago, probably on moddb

But how would that even work?

That mod is utter garbage though
Basically after 2 years in game super blobs are created for some weird reason, brexit triggers unification of EU 100%, all of middle east get blobbed into one big country for some reason, the start date is really outdated with some moder leaders and some already dead ones like Libya etc…

I never played it, but it was popular. And sure as fuck it would have had more work done on it if it wasn't shut down.

I don't think you can make a Paracuck styled game in the modern era. Due to nukes and the speed of warfare you'll spend most of your gameplay in peacetime, and Paracuck games are by and large boring as shit in peacetime, requiring massive amount of events to keep players engaged.

You could play some minor shithole in the Middle East, but then you might as well just go and make a Middle East simulator.

I would play ME simullator, it could be entertaining as fuck
Not only ME is full of interesting parties and ideas, inner power struggles, religious strife and complex geopolitics, it also has tons of wars

Its a great subject for a gsg game but i doubt we will ever see it

And you can repeatedly shoah Israel. That would never get old.

I mentioned it some time before but the New World Order 2 mod for DH runs till '91?
It also has different eventlines for WW2 victorys
I wouldn't count on there being as many events following an Axis victory

Well the guy was asking for modern time games in general. Though a Kaiserreich mod in the future would be fucking nice.

Thanks for the mod recommendations guys, I currently am downloading CK2 and TW:Rome1 and 2 to scratch this itch.

62?

>be a master of equations and functions
>that one faggot who gives you a division problem

Oh.

i dont get it

t. dumbo

(Checked, very nice)
Equations and functions are more or less multiplication and addition. They don't normally have division in either of them so it would be like asking someone who repairs wooden tables to carve a wood sculpture after he goes on about how many types of tables he can make using all types of wood.

But dividing by 4 is just multiplying by .25

True, but at that point you are just pissing on the joke. It was meant to be a funny for math autists.

Have you tried NWO for Victoria 2?

is it any good?

I am a math autist, it wasn't funny

Yes. I even tried it with and without 3.04 (I have both installed separately)

Subs are completely broken right now. You need to hunt either 1-off the coast of UK where they don't patrol (there should be 4 zones you can reach with your starting subs that are 1-off), or hunt with the support of surface ships.

remember, conquering shit isn't important, making sure that everyone around you can't stabilize the realm is

Because modern time geopolitics are too complex and subtle to accurately model, especially for the AI coders. You'd either spend ingame decades playing spreadsheet simulator where your progress is only represented by growing economic numbers and perhaps a new ally or two, which means the game is mostly interior politics anyway, or have the classical grand strategy mechanics where nations constantly wage war against each other for fun and profit. Most of these games fall into the second category, which means their AI is either passive and does nothing except wreck your shit if you declare war on someone, or hyperagressive and constantly attacking minor nations. The last time I played one of those games Germany suddenly invaded Tunesia instead of the other way round.

That's because you to roll back to the older Victoria 2 so 3.03 not the beta and not standard Vanilla Vicky

The best part of that game were the loadscreens.

Obongo is probably playing some game right now, still pretending to be the president.

classic greeks. what mods are you using?

Looks like HPM to me.

HPM it is.

sorry for late reply.
Economy can be a bit wonky sometimes, I heard it was based off of PDM, which ain't good. However, the mod maker was also accused of being a nazi, and he didn't back down on implementation of the "populists", so i guess its cool in some ways. I mostly just played as Rhodesia and Japan when I did play it. There's event chains for the cold wars, but most of the game is centered around trade blocs, sphere of influence wars, nuclear diplomacy, decolonization, rise of populism & progressivism, etc. For example, playing as Rhodesia is difficult as fuck due to insanely high consciousness and militancy. You have to deal with violent elections and chimp outs regularly. Japan is tutorial island again, you are set to kick the shit out of the other countries economically in the coming years, just like in real life.
Also, heres a review of an older version of the mod (it has since added a cold war start date).

I have no idea what you are trying to communicate to me. You think I have Vicky installed without the expansion or what? That is not the case.

What is that, a picture for ants?

Alright, I got Stellaris 1.72 with DLC, and I havent started a new game yet, because I want to ask about mods. What mods would be vital/important to get? Where I get & know mods that are compatible with the version? Do many of the mods are compatible overrall with most versions?

Video unrelated to post (Althought related to the thread)

Every gameplay-altering mod tends to be shit. Only good ones are stuff like auto-upgrading buildings and so on to reduce the pointless micro.

In the Russian forum they have an archive of all the mods, in case you can't download it directly from steam with a downloader.
The white human phenotype is a mod you probably will want to have around. Not sure by what name it would be going now.

catgirl race

Used a bunch of mods for Stellaris. imcompatible with 1.72…Should I get a lower version (1.61/1.62)? Its hard to know if the mods are compatible….

Only if you are retarded

Since I took Lombardy before the whole Italian unification event chain starts or whatever (where is it in HPM?), it's not a core and the Lombards are extremely angry about it. They did this twice and lost 50k pops or so.

Of course he's a retard.

Its May 1938 and i only have about 900 planes, have i fucked up?

You don't need any planes to win in HoI4.

If you want to do a historical sitzkrieg you need a bunch more fighters to be comfortable with being bombed. Other than that I've heard CAS are really strong and of course

CAS are actually crap if you are good at the game. The problem is that bombing of division can ONLY happen while they are in combat. Assuming you have properly equipped divisions combats are finished very quickly, so the CAS have almost no time to bomb.

It's powerful in an AI vs. AI fight where the AI builds underpowered divisions that take forever to beat one another. Then the CAS have weeks to destroy the enemy strength. You see this in China vs. Japan a lot where both sides have pure inf at 20% equipment supply who have 5 soft attack and just bleed manpower forever.

Just because not everyone sucks nigger toes like you doesn't mean you have to be butthurt against Himmler.

Try harder, intl.

wew lad

Himmler was a LARPagan and worse, a pajeet-boo (weapoo?).

Looking good Caucasus-chan.
About 70% done, just need to add history to a few provinces (Namely Kumukh -the two green provinces right in the middle of pic related- and Lezgistan/Lekia -the pastel-colored stuff south of Derbent-), fix the mongol invasions in this area and user's edits for HIP will finally be released.

Yeah it's supposed to look like a fucking mess. Back in the day there were a lot of microscopic principalities scattered all over Daghestan, about as many as the same number of ethnicities inhabiting that shithole; the place was densely populated as well, but the Mongols, Timur and Tsarist Russia took care of that

Wait, you are the same guy? And doing an edit of HIP (so CK2) now? I am not sure if I just forgot or I never saw it. I vaguely remember some talks about Caucasus. I guess this time it is going to be for the newest version of the mod/game?
After you lost your progress in the newer version for VeF you gave up then?

Yes I'm the same guy, got into CK2 because honestly EU4 had lost all its charm after that new update. For about 2 months I tried backporting all the stuff back into VeF 3.3 (both from the vanilla game and VeF itself), but I gave up on it as it was way too much work. It really was a pain in the ass, I tried playing the new version (the one that removed technology limitations/renaissance) and got horribly disappointed.
It's pretty fucking bad, still got the old files of user's VeF edit's though, so maybe one day I could finish the latest version, forgot what I was going to add, I think it was stuff around the Baltic (Rügen and Pommeranian slavs.)
I did modify the Caucasus in VeF, gave it a shitton new provinces/civs (pic related I think was in the final version, user's VeF edits V9.3 - For VeF_3.2.3), and also modified the Pannonian Basin and Sri Lanka; I think I even made the fabled Caspian seazone, but I'm not too sure if it worked.

And yes, I'm now doing an edit of HIP for CK2, don't think it's gonna be as extensive as EU4's though, just focused on the Caucasus (albeit I also edited some areas in Crimea, namely Mikra Alania which later became Chufut-Kale); some visual edits to Romanian, Caucasian, Assyrian, Coptic and Italian cultures South Italians weren't brown enough :^), two new Jewish cultures (Middle-Eastern Mizrahi and Caucasian Juhuri, with their respective events aka random jewish guy appearing in your court from SoA DLC); Caucasian and Celtic religions (Celtic was ripped off from Ancient Religions mod); Caspian seazone and a Fixed Silk road with its respective branches (Mediterranean, Varangian road, Hansa and the Atlantic Coast), I don't have a pic right now, but it looks REALLY messy.

It kinda makes me sad to give up on EU4, but I'm only one guy and the game really went down the shitter. In fact I've been struggling to do all the stuff I want for CK2; luckily I'm almost done, took me about ~3 months, but I'm sure I'll be done in no time, maybe a week or two if I get the time/focus.

I haven't played a proper game of EU4 in a long time, so I don't blame you. But on the other hand won't the updates for CK2 and the HIP mod possible screw with your work?

I hope not, in the dev blog I don't see any new game-breaking mechanics, DLC or events that would make any issues.
I'm kinda excited for Tibet too, it's gonna be interesting; hope the HIP guys add it to the mod. If not, I'll do it myself, bet it's just a bunch of new events and whatnot.

Whenever HIP updates to the new 2.8, it's gonna take me a while to update, yes. But I'm planning to organize myself a bit better in order to make future update transitions a bit smoother. I mean, I DID add a ton of new shit, cultures and provinces; also messed with some core events, but updating shouldn't be too complex as it's just copypaste. The new provinces and their history, dynasties and characters is easy and so are their localizations. Merging events on top of the new ones is the most tiresome thing I'll be doing, and even then I haven't added many events, just stuff for the new cultures and my custom Caucasian Paganism; the Celtic stuff I ripped off from ancient religions is pretty much self-contained stuff, so it's just a matter of copypasting files and remembering what did I change.

I think the hardest part of it all is doing the actual research for the new provinces/civilizations/cultures. It doesn't help that most of the research about the Caucasus was done by Russians; countless hours digging through web 2.0 websites, most of which are poorly translated -or not even translated at all- ain't so easy. You wouldn't believe how fucking rich in history the Caucasus is, it's fucking amazing. If you thought Russia has always been a somewhat shitty place to live, oh boy, the Caucasus and Trans-Caucasia is a thousandfold worse.

How do I game the AI in the influence 'minigame'?

Influence until your enemies influence is at 25, drop your influence and restart it a few days later until they discredit you, rinse and repeat.

Anyone else having issues with the CK2 generator mod?

Whenever I generate a map the program stops responding.

What to play when you've exhausted all gsg games?

Still not an argument, retard.

Thanks for admitting that’s where you’re from.

mods

why.
absolutely nothing of value transpired there.

Sub-humans have fetish for modding their insignificant home regions into clusterfucks of tiny provinces.

For the same reason the HIP team fleshed out Germany, Anatolia and the British Isles.

I cannot imagine a more satisfying activity than repeatedly occupying hundreds of tiny provinces whenever the butthurt coalition declares war. If the provinces had some actual historical significance it just might be okay, like with Germany being a clusterfuck of a hundred minor nations, but only when you actually intend to focus your game around that region. Otherwise it's just a huge bother and waste of time.

But anyways I kind of have to agree. Unless all those tiny provinces only allow for very few holdings (which just seems counter productive, seeing as you could just achieve the same thing by designing larger provinces that allow for more holdings and not have too zoom in as far as possible to right send your troops their), the region would become overpowered.

Top jej, it seems like parajews realized how much of a turd HOI4 really was and stopped even uploading dev diaries about it

HOI4 updates are on wednesdays.
Also they recently assigned another programmer and a content creator to the HOI4-team so maybe they can get something done. I highly doubt it though, that fucking game is fundamentally broken and needs to be reworked from the ground up or be put out of its misery. Preferrably the latter.

Another whole programmer? At the current rate of AI improvements HoI4 might be playable by 2030 then.

Well, I see your point. Small provinces are a pain in the ass to handle. Most provinces had -on average- 3 holdings, so I suppose taking away a few won't hurt the final product.

Maybe I got a bit too excited, here's a 'fixed' version; I know it still looks like a cramped mess but it's an improvement. I could definitively work something out with independent baronies/titular titles in order to represent a few tribes and principalities here and there.
I wanted to reproduce the chaos of Daghestan, but I guess I went a bit overboard with the micro-provinces and I'm afraid that's the best I can do for now, can't really take away anything else.
Most of it is still a bunch of micro-provinces.*

I want to conquer Poortugal.
Do I have to take every single colony they have, and release all their puppets, before I can do the conquest casus belli to them? Or can I just take their states and then conquest them?

Specify the game. If it's EU4 I think you do, if it's HoI I don't think you have to, only the victory points they hold and, of course, the capital.

Oh sorry, Victoria 2.

I went to war with Portugal over North Angola and UK decided to join. At about the same time Russia decided to war me over Hokkaido. Then Germany (my ally) called me to his war against Belgium and France. Then Mexico (sphere) got invaded by USA and CSA revolted.
What a clusterfuck. Cut my army in half and depleted my saving (~$450k). I won against the UK though.

Play GSG at work. I'm sure your boss can appreciate a good Großdeutschland.

I’m always in favor of more provinces as long as the war score is edited to mean it’s not a fucking chore. Speaking of which:
IS THE WARSCORE IN VICTORIA II HARDCODED AT 100%, OR CAN IT BE TAKEN ABOVE THAT?
If nothing else, what’s the best way to reduce the warscore value (in defines.lua) of each and every type of wargoal (and wartime effect) so that it stays relatively balanced?

No nigger I mean that you need to rollback to 3.03 but I agree my initial post was a bit confusing.

Nationalism is a hell of a drug.

RIP Boers

Who you gonna enslave? Finoswedes? White people?

Leading candidates include Russians, Samis, and artisans.

What kind of country am I making? Would Genghis have approved?

Genghis will only approve when your realm reaches from the ocean to ocean.

Damn it newest HPM bugged when I rushed Nationalism to go south as Argentina and I kept getting events every few years for 2 prestige and no territory. Chile wasn't getting anything either.

Directly or sphered, except the Falklands. There are decisions to claim Bolivia and South Brazil. You can always read file itself, under mod/HPM/events,

sounds like enlightened absolutism had it survived spring of nations and automation in general.

He'd hate you for not being nomadic

I don't have this problem. I just build the entire military structure before the start of the game and leave it.
As I get more manpower and materials, I toggle upgrades and reinforcements.
Skeleton divisions become fully functioning defense forces.
All my resources can then go to other things, instead of haphazardly slapping new divisions into the game.
Oh yeah, also, it gives me an insane amount of officers this way.

For V2 either they have one state and any number of colonies, or one state and nothing else, or (HPM) you're a Fascist Dictatorship and they either have one state and any number of colonies OR no more than three or four states (I forget which) and no colonies at all.

Anymore good mods for darkest hour? TRP and WiF+EoD ended up being pretty fun.

I liked the Fallout and the NWO2 mods

F A S C I S T D I C T A T O R S H I P > Absolute Monarchy > Theocracy > Presidential Dictatorship > Republic > Bourgeoisie Dictatorship > constitutional monarchy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> proletarian dictatorship

owtheedge.exe

reminder to turn off A.I. seduction in CK2. Paradox are cuck fags who set the seduction attempt and success rate insanely high and refuse to fix this. If you don't have a chaste or lover waifu you are at insane risk to be cucked by a seduction focus in your own realm

this also applies to your progeny and dynasty as well

A gentleman of fine taste i see

This is one of the absolutely worst designed games I have experienced. The entire thing is loaded with a fuck ton of 'lol u lose now' events with no way to mitigate them.

should I take Zanzibar as Germany in HPM?

islamig gommunism
*click*

DELET THIS

Is that HPM? Also, Finland had a Viking party?

fugg

When?

They're not historical. Afaik, we only had 3 parties in the 19th century that were at all influential. Most countries in v2 have either made up parties or parties that didn't start operating until the 20th century.
"Vikingar" is something that people apparently called fenno-swedes who wanted to make Finland Swedish at the time.

trips for la plata

How to survive as a zoroastrian or zunbil ruler without the secret society dlc?

Zoroastrian is really easy and shouldn't give you much problems. With Zunbils you need a bit of luck – Abbasids mustn't declare war on you early game. Then it's just a matter of waiting for abbasids to collapse and swooping in, and of ramming Zun's dick into India

Back to cuckchan

Shut up

I like NWO.

Where did the Mega with all the DLCs go?

If it is about one of the new games go to the ruskies.

Looks like they archive the entire game and split it up amongst 6 URLs. I preferred the Mega where I could pick and choose what DLC I wanted to download, all from one place. Upsetting.

Turns out the zippyshare link they're using doesn't have those "you may only download x in 24 hours" messages, unless they got around it by using the subdomains. Managed to get all the DLC in a few minutes.

Anybody have that post/announcement where Paradox said that they wouldn't lock features behind dlc/expansions like they did with Eu3/v2 (and still do)?

Pretty sure those bastards lied to me.

I hope you learned your lesson here.

Großsuomium status: finally under construction.

The "Greater Finland" decision requires you to both have Jingoism and neither a constitutional monarchy nor a republic, which makes sense in theory. However, excluding fascists which don't exist yet, the only parties with that policy are the communist and anarcho-liberal ones, which aren't allowed in a semi-constitutional or absolute monarchy.

So I effectively have to become a commie/presidential dictatorship in order to get my cores and accepted cultures.

You have to go back

t.

Petty little queer

Wow, epin meme pics, reddit queer.

shhhh

epic reddit memes! that should told the shitlords at /gsg/

cuckchan memes are trash

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/
Your le ebin trolle pics are only funny in 4chan's /gsg/.

shut up, whitey

this shit is like before 2014

Based FRCA.

that image gave me a good chuckle

L O L

This again? I believe you posted them last month.

the one i posted dates way before the frist exodus when everybody played vicky 2 back on the day

no shit shelrock still there are a few of guys like that.

Or perhaps you were being baited by me pretending to be retarded.

New thread when?

Yeah I can confirm that, back when the /gsg/ board had some sort of life.