Why did it became cool to like Mario Sunshine...

Why did it became cool to like Mario Sunshine? Have people standards lowered as a result of how lame modern games have become or wad disliking it always a meme spread by some people?

pld respnd

I don't even play mario games, they are for children and for memes.

Heres a great idea. Play a game and think what you think about it and dont give s shit what other people say about it.

When the newer generation got older. It's why we hear stupid shit like "The modern robocop is a lot better than the old version because the old version looks old!"

Didn't Sony EU already do that?

You didn't even try for this one, did you, OP?

Drunk or underage? There's no way you're a sober adult who thought this was good bait.

Yes, but they can only take some of the blame. The rest should fall on the mouth breathing retards that allow this shit. In short, call it out and cite your arguments.

Not me, check the IDs

WHAT THE FUCK, THAT THIRD POST ISN'T MINE I SWEAR. MODS MODS MODS

All me :^)

this video is a good analysis of the pros and cons.
Skip to the ending if you want a summary

It was a meme, spread by people who were upset that Sunshine wasn't as good as 64. Not being as good as 64 doesn't make it bad.

No, literally all me.

Wow, that actually triggered me.

Kids who grew up with it think it's the best 3d Mario
Its the case with all video games, the first they play is the one they think is the best. It's how shit opinions like "sunshine is better than 64" and "ds3 is the best darksouls game" come about

it's just the case with nintendo games and nintendo fans who have yet to grow out of that phase. Essentially all of my favorites are games I've discovered fairly recently.

I hate when two IDs look identical but are actually different. Weirds me out.
Also Mario Sunshine's good. I'm not gonna lie and say it's the best 3D Mario just because it's hard, but it's not bad.
I'm actually not sure what the best 3D Mario game would be. They're all pretty good in their own right.
I hope Mario Odyssey is good.

Sunshine is not the best 3D mario but it is better than 64, remove your nostalgia googles before criticizing other people's.

It's a different ID you fucking sperg, take some ritalin

You were triggered? I was there when hearing that during my lunch break. I had to slap some headphone on and listen to something because my autism was kicking in and I was a breath away from going "Listen here you little shit."

But I grew up with 64 and Sunshine and I liked Sunshine more. What is even wrong with it besides "It came out when I wasn't a kid"?

the level design is awful and fludd holds back the best feeling pure 3D mario platformer by having the game designed around a slow hover nozzle for cripples

But you can go fast as fuck if you learn all the trick jumps and the water slide. The hover nozzle is basically training wheels.

the levels are designed around those training wheels and while I can appreciate the ways to gain speed, to me they feel like a crutch still. The game and its level design were at its best in those underground stages. Except the last few where they became really gimmicky.

Mario 3 is still the best to me, with Super, 2, and 1 following in a tight pack together. I don't utterly hate Mario 64, but I'm not a fan of its level designs.

i've always liked sunshine kys

The only thing wrong with sunshine is the cutscenes

Mario 64 had absolutely shit level design but god tier movement and roaming. I don't blame it for having shit platforming, it was the first thing ever done!

I always liked the game because it was always a great game. Simple as that.

Plebs will tell you Sunshine isn't good, but don't listen to them.

Knew it was matthewmatosis before I clicked. Good shit my man.

It's the weakest 3d Mario, but it's still good. it's worst problem is that some of the shines are cancer inducing

I'M A CHUCKSTER

I wonder the same thing about Zelda: The Wind Waker. I was in total denial when I was a kid because I had just gotten my parents to blow 200€ on the WW+GC bundle, so of course it had to be awesome. As time went on I became more neutral to the game and I see it for the unfinished pile of shit that it is, but someone the opinion online has shifted from "Wind Waker is the worst Zelda" to "Wind Waker is fucking awesome, an underrated gem".

Same thing for Sunshine, you can really tell how unfinished it is in so many places. The worst memories are from that one level where you had to stomp on the silo to get one particular type of fruit, feed it to Yoshi's egg and do some platforming to reach the "star". The problem was that if you make one tiny mistake you fell into the water and Yoshi dissolved, so you had to go back to stomping on the silo. Worst part, the physics engine made is so that often times the fruit would bounce off the ground and fall into the water, making you stump the silo like an idiot for minutes on end.

I don't know man, I see a lot of people who were not children when Sunshine or Wind Waker was released eat that shit up, and as I said, I was a kid back then and I abhor those games now. When those games got released there were a lot of negative voices, but now no longer. My guess is that people were burned back then and vented their anger online, but as time went on they just moved on and forgot about those games.

but somehow the opinion online has shifted

Here's another gimmicky piece of crap that everyone suddenly loves.

Just ignore the contrarian memekids: Sunshine was always considered the black sheep of the pre-Galaxy titles. It wasn't an all around turd however: missions weren't all that bad.

The actual weak point was strapping a jetpack to Mario: these games are all about control, they're just as fun as it is to control Mario. If you take away his athleticism in favor of a floating mechanic to micromanage landing, you're negating all excitement. That's also the reason why the funnier parts of the game, are the special stages where you can't use the FUDD.

Mario Sunshine controls better than all the other Mario games, yes even 64.

Content is lacking, sure, but setting, gimmick and gameplay make up for it.

Have you lived under a rock all this time? Everyone loved it since release and has often been refereed to as one of the best Mario karts.

That's probably because it's trash compared to Ocarina and Majora's Mask but excellent compared to TP, SS, and BOTW and the people claiming WW is a gem are retarded kids who never played the N64 games. They're also probably wowed by the sailing which, although incredibly boring, is wildly original compared to anything in the later Zeldo games.

Not really, it's just 2000s kids with nostalgia that praise it.

Around the 11 minute mark, that's the level I (>>13115284) was referring to.

Meh, all Mario Kart games are underdeveloped in my opinion, but even the worst ones are at least fun on the basic level. It's not like you now have stealth missions or sliding puzzles in Mario Kart. Mario Kart is one of those things that's really hard to screw up.

I think TP is better than WW (not that it means much), and the DS Zeldas are at least shorter, so you get it over with more quickly. But yeah, if you were to cut out the sailing completely then Wind Waker might actually be half-decent. It would be a five-hour game, but at least it would be a decent five-hour game.

Disliked

Not to mention the game controls smooth as butter, and has the best endgame content due to its massive ocean you can freely explore. I'm definitely in the "I love the sailing" camp, because goddamn there was hardly anything better than exploring such a beautiful world.

It was my family's first Mario game, we were a Sega/Sony family up until then.

We really enjoyed it.

I've always liked Sunshine and Wind Waker before the Next Generation came around to it and liked the proceeding entry a lot less. Does that make me a hipster?

It was pretty ok imo. Definitely needed a bit longer in development to iron out some bugs and fix a few levels up but I thought it was a solid effort on the whole.

Sunshine was always cool.

Now if you were to say, Majora's Mask or Final Fantasy X, you would be right.
These two respective games used to be hated unanimously back when they were released. Then it became cool because the meme spread, presumably by kids who thought MM was the best zelda game because it's the edgiest one, and FFX because it was their first in the series.

Tell us what's wrong with it then.

I like how complex the movement mechanics are. Gives the game a high skill ceiling. That's my opinion anyway. Could be wrong though.

Game is great due to a complete change in movement options. Mario 64 is great because the movement is free and the levels are huge floating platforms. Sunshine is great because the levels are more tight and allow the hover nozzle to shine in combination with the B button. Both games are drastically different and the controls complement each one respectively.

If you thought the sailing was awful you are fucking retarded. You get fast travel after the first half of the game where its almost incredibly linear. The sailing is relatively quick and controls are extremely tight. This probably had the best characters in a Zelda game as well. Not amazing but not a piece of trash. Wii U version is superior but not perfect due to loss of Tingle Tuner.

Easily the best Mario Kart. Item switching and no ability to hold it behind you adds an extra layer to defending yourself. Since characters have specials, there is a tiny amount of depth to choosing characters along with carts restricted due to weight. Good tracks, good music, good controls.

If you want to make a shit on Nintendo thread, try harder then asking "When did it become cool…" Nintendo is not good but you chose arguably three of the worst examples to push your point

This game is fucking amazing, and fun as fuck. Go back to the SEGA forums if you want to bitch about it, you fucking faggot.

I liked both games, but it always felt like there was something missing. They have their flaws, like WW dragging on towards the end and some parts of Sunshine just being shit.

I don't even look at them most of the time, I tend to click on them instead.

Glad to see I'm not the only person that thinks that

Totally non biased post right here

SHINE GET

Nah, people have gotten better taste as time has gone on. People actually see Zelda II and MM for the genius titles they are.

The problem with Zelda II wasn't that it was a bad game, but that its switch from overhead to sidescroller was too much of a mechanical and genre departure. Another example would be Bomberman 64's spherical explosions.

It certainly has the best theme of all the mario games. I honestly wish they'd use theming more in the franchise.

Even though i dont like Nintendo its not like they have not made good games. The majority of their good games are in the SNES and Gamecube eras, just like how I hate Microshit, the original Xbox was a great console with great games.

remove this meme please

normalfags would probably have liked zelda ii if it wasn't too hard.

MM is real edgy, I remember back when it was released it was hated primarily because it wasn't OOT.

MM is edgy, opaque, and unpolished. That means it's colossal hipsterbait, but that doesn't mean it's not good.

Five pic maximum, I was also thinking of Asheron's Call, Hellbender, and Mechwarrior, among others. Plus all their great Sidewinder hardware.

Sort of the opposite of TWW, which had thematic depth belying the cutesy tone that enraged the internet during its announcement reveal, and was better than most people imagined it would be, but ultimately had many serious flaws nonetheless.

You forgot Train Simulator, that was my autistic jam

Sunshine is the only mario game i've played I consider to be an 8/10 or better, and even when I first played it when I was younger I thought it easily was a huge improvement over SM64 and the 2d titles I had played.

Optional

Redudnant thanks to fludd and not really even needing to be there anywhere. Movement in sunshine feels much better and is tuned better then 64 on top of that

That's a good, not a bad thing. It gives it a consistent theme that ties everything together, and each of the stages actually feels like a real location rather then just a video game sandbox.

I played 64 first as a kid and I think sunshine is superior.

Or, consider this: They were unfairly shit on originally and over time people';s intial unfair assumptions went away and people realized how good they were.

You have to be 18 or older to post here, kiddo. If you are an adult and made that many spelling mistakes, you have my condolences, but please leave.
Sunshine is alright, but not great. Most of the detractors are spergs

I wonder how people are going to feel about Odyssey in the initial year or so of it coming out.

Nice reddit meme

who gives a shit about fucking spelling you nerd fuck

sage

No one fucking remembers the robocop remake until it gets brought up you lying sack.

yeah almost as bad as theses meme arrows amirite guise XD

Nigger, a few recent threads with positive comments isn't sudden.

Normalfags at that shit up for at least a year and you heard plenty of that shit. Don't get upset because you don't remember how grating normalfags are.

Mario Sunshine was generally well-liked when it came out, there was a large-ish portion of players that bitched about the FLUDD being annoying and a shitty combat mechanic but I think the game finally grew on them after a while.

Sage for shit thread.

I know right? Sunshine is such a piece of shit just like 64. Only nostalgiafags keep believing these games are good.

Finally someone gets it

RED ARMS