Are you supposed to grind right at the start?

Are you supposed to grind right at the start?
I already know about JP Boost and the method, it just seems a bit silly and slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!z1AEVDqa!-uZOZnXmji3ZJcFjWerEYCvMYbewqfJ8DK4BJJ0YqVU
moddb.com/games/final-fantasy-tactics/mods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Git gud.

FFT is not supposed to be fun

Not quite grind for levels, just enough, you only need to prepare for one cheap boss battle that comes after the flashback segment of the game.

yes, as soon as you get past the first 2 real battles (the battle in the city and the battle where you save the blonde asshole) you get the ability to travel between town and the plains, all you have to do then is repeat that action to find a random fight and grind every job to max by hitting/healing your own units, THEN you can play the game.

Never be git gud, shitposter.

That's stupid, I'd rather smoke weed.
No really, is there a faster way to do this?

The line is "Reading is for gaylords, I'd rather smoke weed." Just letting you know.

Don't heavily repeat that and concentrate on what jobs you want to have, but be prepared with multiple saves.

you need to grind at least a few jobs and levels.

see, the thing about FFT is that random encounters like the one i described scale to your level. but history battles don't. they are fixed at specific levels which get progressively harder as you advance the story. so you can grind a little in the plains, and then unlock larger maps with more enemies where grinding is easier.

either way FFT is pretty bullshit if you don't grind. specially shit like Wiegraf, hence why he's got demi-meme status for locking people out of their save files with his unwinnable bullshit 2-parter battle that lets you save after the first part, and fucks your ass in the second.

I think at some point you get the unique dude that can solo the rest of the game, but before that yeah, grind like motherfucker.
Game is a clusterfuck and obviously wasn't tested or balanced in any way.

You could always play FFTA instead, it's a bit more casual and the plot isn't as interesting but you don't really ever have to grind to progress.

The judge system sucks.

You don't have to grind in FFT either. The ai is retarded and items are op.

It does, it's basically just a patience tax that forces you to either waste time to advance the laws and let you use the guys you want to use or waste cash picking up a ton of cards. That said I still think I prefer it to how a lot of shit works in FFT.

In my blind run where I managed to kill Velius with a shot from my Mediator before getting wiped, I let a lot of my troops die and Ramza just ate all their crystals for health. Mages are good at this game but are glass cannons. If you don't like the grind, Monk is a good class for your MC as long as you've got a few other abilities unlocked before Riovanes Castle. Summoner, Holy Sword, Mustadio and not being retarded should keep you going until you recruit GG Cid.

Wiegraf wasn't even hard for me. I happened to have levels in Monk so when I fought him, I had move-heal and a ranged attack and just basically cheesed him apart.

Hell, even the third battle at that library sanctuary, the second one with the dragoon was hell. Against Wiegraf? He basically OHKO two people with his cross attack, and I got a lucky sunder weapon off, breaking his ability, and just beat him up and won, barely

You don't actually have to grind ever to play the game. There's a hard mode fan patch that enabled scaled items on story fights and that basically punished you for grinding severely. And I would over-level on story fights and have to restart. It's a bit more bullshit these days because the enemies are also given bloated JP amounts and custom tailored skill selections to best fuck you in the ass.

Make sure to keep Ramza as a squire until you max him out of it. Yell is stupid OP, Scream even more so once it is unlocked and the job XP you get from him spills over to other characters where you can get Gained-JP-up for them all eventually. If you're worried about him having squire-tier stat growths, his special squire class actually has decent growth all around, even getting a very tiny boost to speed growth which is usually limited to thief and ninja.

Also, have a dedicated chemist or make sure the majority of your characters have item as their secondary (and make sure to stock plenty of healing items)

this, the vanilla game only gets harder if you level up like a moron, make ramza a squire/knight get a time mage/white mage, a monk/oracle, and the extra slot that not often is free in the story mode can be a thief or a chemist depending on how much you want to risk.

Eventually you will unlock the samurai, summoner and calculator jobs and these turn the rest of the game into a joke.
Once you beat up the game once feel free to go wild with class combos, and fan made patches, i ve been playing the game for 20 years and still get fun out of it

but that's what made the hard patch appealing to me, you need to come up with actual tactics to beat every encounter, albeit that patch is probably only for some crazy min maxing autists like me, however i know there is an "easy mode" version of that patch which is actually still a lot harder than the vanilla game but i think the forum or people that used to host it went down in some sort of internet drama.

For hardcore sex tier:
Monk, Samurai, Dancer

For waifu:
Lancer, Archer, Squire, Thief, Priest, Chemist, Onion Knight

For petting:
Mimic, Geomancer, Dark Knight

For cuddles:
Ninja, oracle,

Ok tier:
Rest

Shit tier:
Calculater, Wizard

The thing is the very first fight of the game, where you have only Ramza controlled, actually becomes easy to lose in the patch now, because of the cherry picked abilities of the Knight and the fact that at that point in the game, high potion + move HP up was enough to completely outpace the healing of anything less entire team that was ganging up on him full on. Especially one that just used up all of its MP on chaff archers being sandbagged by a chemist.

Now combine this with his extra high damage output, the tendency for the AI to hesitate and not go balls deep into melee/back up from an enemy if they attack before moving, the part where he breaks the weapons of your main damage dealers, and you have a recipe for salt.

I literally cannot play the current versions because I am too trash to get lucky enough to beat the first fight, and that's after being directed to that youtube video that basically boils down to "if your Ramza dies you did something wrong lol"

I see, i got the patch like 6 or so years ago, i wonder what kind of stuff they ve been putting in?
One thing i can tell is that the guys who took over it loved to turn solid things into rng based actions. Probably just to add a layer of artificial difficulty. Maybe the patch is RNG:The game by now
As for my experience, after they modded in a cactuar and some other shitty monsters and basically started to turn the game into a different thing by changing the wizard into some sort of world of warcraft character and the archers into rng based characters, and whatnot, i decided it was time to stop updating.

Well when I grabbed it they had actually added some love to some of the classes by trying to make the abilities varied and useful. Granted, wizards were kind of fucked because you went from "your choice of element in a cross shape" to "Buy explosion, and/or if you lucked out on early JP buy chain lightning". Archers went from "charge+1 is the only thing you want to buy" to being able to do cool shit like cancel spells being charged. All sorts of other changes like that.

Also sometimes when you patched there was a "bug" that gave Miluda the Bomb skillset.

Yes after the first battle or 2.
99% of the game is grinding endlessly.

Anyone else playing FFT at the moment? If so then post your squads. I myself am running only a four man squad at the moment as a fun little handicap just until worker 8 gets the chance to be recruited. Its mostly just consisting of jobs that I haven't played with yet, with Ramza being a monk this time because I heard he can make for a pretty good monk.

I don't think Ramza is going to keep any weather and I'm going to do a bunch of quests with my priest as a thief so she can get move +2. Nontheless, r8 setup plz.

You're supposed to not fucking suck. You can grind if you enjoy grindan but by no means do you have to.

I was playing it a while ago but I got sick of struggling with my emulator. I don't know what happened with it but for some reason a while back it just stopped keeping my save files between play sessions but it does keep quicksaves, on top of a bunch of other dumb shit. I tried updating to a newer version but for some reason I couldn't get that one to work at all so I just backburnered the whole thing to play other shit.

PSP or PS1?

PS1, I might start over on PSP though since I've never had issues with that emulator.

I wonder, does the "no slowdown" patch for the PSP game need to be applied to run it on emulator at full speed?

I unironically agree. Everyone says FFT is great, but I can't get into it no matter how hard I try. It's slow as fuck and bores me to tears.

From what I've seen and heard from other people, yeah. I suppose you could just manually speed up the emulator whenever it slows down for an animation but that's a shitload of work.

Seinfeld Effect.
Try Jeanne d'Arc.

S C R U B

We specifically built the gas chamber for people like you

Why is she so perfect Holla Forums?

This is really one of the worst srpg I've played. The combat is so bland, slow and easy. Putting 100 jobs in it doesn't make the gameplay any less shit. This is the skyrim of srpg.

for reference, what would be a good srpg to you?

I'd sniff a Moogle's gas chamber if you know what I mean

Not him, but the Fire Emblem series and the Shining Force series. The former because it integrates the plot and story, and the latter because it's comfy.

Because shes a good girl.

Gungnir or some of the older FE would fit. If it really has to be a casual game with no strategy involved then Tactics Ogre LUCT is still much better than the boring shitshow that FFT is.

-Strategy RPGs that don't introduce game mechanics to you piece by piece, or don't teach them at all
-Strategy RPGs that can't even get controls or hud's right so you can't tell if you're playing the game wrong or if everything is just supposed to be slow and awkward.

-strategy RPGs that require grinding so you can never tell if your losing the game because you haven't grinded enough, or because there was some 4th or 5th layer to building your player's stats that the game just never told you about.
-strategy RPGs that suddenly decide they want to be roguelike, and have levels that last for hours with no indication of how many more stages there are till your allowed to save again and turn the damn game off because fuck you!

Need your opinion, Holla Forums, is Final Fantasy 15 worth playing at all?

Moron.

He's talking about the first Wiegraf fight in chapter 1.

The problem with that patch was that if you failed to end ANY fight and kill ANY boss instantly, you'd end up overleveled and would have to restart from scratch.

mega.nz/#!z1AEVDqa!-uZOZnXmji3ZJcFjWerEYCvMYbewqfJ8DK4BJJ0YqVU

That's a link to the "easy mode" patch where story battle enemies aren't +3 or +4 levels. It's not so much "easy" as it is "less autistic because you don't have to restart every fight in order to minimize xp gains".

Moron.

From vanilla version. I realized that I had my genji helm broken after I had overridden all my save files.

Use psX 1.13. Never had any issues with that emulator.

Fire Emblem is a RNG shitshow with enemies spawning out of thin air. Oh look, your heavy armor guy who has a winning rock-paper-scissor weapon just got 1 shot by a random mob that has 1% crit chance. Get fucked!

In any case, you don't need to grind but you need to make sure you have reaction abilities, healing and rezzing on your team. Decent ones too, don't think Counter Tackle is worth anything.

Your setup seems pretty interesting but:

Does that even do anything? Did you forget about having it on a different job setup? Also I would heavily recommend regenerate as a reaction ability for Ramza if you're going to have move-hp up due to the fact that it stacks for 45 hp every turn and has a high proc chance as well.

If it wasn't for the waifushit, that game would have failed hard.
And why the fuck does it get 6 reps in Smash? The fuck is with that? Even the Koopalings was handled better; 9 different skins because they all played the same way. Why not cut it to 2 MAYBE 3 reps and just reskin them? Makes no fucking sense

Wanna know the worst part? FE:A had FE6's bullshit reinforcements, they got cut with FE7, where they'd spawn in but not be able to move so you could react. For no good reason they went back.

Two Swords is dual wield, Two Hands is the Samurai one.

I only played the older titles, but ya having reinforcements show up out of the blue and having 1 shot mechanics based on RNG is utter garbage. It's not a strategy if the only viable strategy to ensure your troops don't die is to reload or save scum.

Ah hell, since I fucking love FFT I'm gonna go full on autistic mode.

So the idea behind this party and using generics is that Ramza and the two males (the other was a monk, getting JP for skills but basically a copy of the monk I showed) have a best compatibility sign with the two female casters. This means I usually try to start the fights with Protect/Shell/Regen/Haste and then have the casters spend the rest of the fights using Golem/Quick, healing and generally making use of the supper and nuking potential of white, time and summoning magic. Trying to take down a Lancer with Protect, Haste, Regen and Move-HP Up is damn near impossible.

The opposite set-up works even better where you have females act as the offensive classes with perfumes and have the males act as support with Bard. Make one of the females a Mime for extra fun time.

Another fun setup is to use two Mimes, a Time Mage/Bard, a Monk/Dancer and a Calculator/Monk. You can turtle with Song/Dance spam, you can nuke like crazy with Math, you can heal like crazy with Chakra or you can punch stuff to death. Not viable for the difficulty patches since you get way too much XP during fights.

I've never really payed much attention to the sign compatibility in this game mainly because it's already so easy just using really good combinations. Like one of my squads consisting of a time wizard using the best spear in the game, and also subclassing her with the archer's charge and then using charge +20 while hastened and have been yelled at by Ramza and also being speed boosted by our Bard and then doing like 400-600 damage with a time wizard of all things.

I've spoiled myself by playing this game dude.

Also I feel like such a retard for misreading two-swords for two hands when I have a fucking samurai that uses the ability.

yes. grinding is nessecary. the game is impossible without it. but luckily, its not that tedious because leveling is linear (100 XP per level)

You don't have to level all that much to beat that game. The last fight is pretty hard without stopping to level up, but it can be done.

So Holla Forums, how the mods of this game? I know that a few exist. Do they have different classes or level layouts?

1.3 is pretty good. you can check them out here
moddb.com/games/final-fantasy-tactics/mods

The number of people who have played both this and other SRPG's without realizing how much deeper FFT is than the greatest majority of them is the yuge shame. Even as a child playing this on a PS1 I knew nothing compared.

Are all you faggots for real? You don't have to grind in this game if you have two brain cells to rub together. Maybe you should stop being bad at video games? The only fight I had trouble with, when I was fucking ten, was the one on one battle with Wiegraf, and the fight with Marquis Elmdor when I had to keep him alive to steal all the genji gear.

I wish people could make rom edits that remove all cutscenes. I can't stand them.

I think as a kid I didn't realize how funny that is

mimic