FFXIV Stormblood Thread: Swimming with shoes on edition

```Current Patch 4.05:```eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/99b3a5c490b174e2e8382b05eb1fc7fea9115bfc
Free trial up to level 35 with some minor limits. You can freely try out each jobs to your hearts content.
For new players: ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:A_Realm_Reborn_Beginner's_Guide
Gatherer leveling guide: ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-gathering-guide-faq/
Crafter leveling guide: ffxivguild.com/category/disciples-of-hand/
Toolkits for hyperautists and raidfags: ffxiv.ariyala.com
General advice for beginners:
- Get to level 70 ASAP.
- Do gather and crafting for gils.
- Do your daily roulettes.
- Join FC (guild) for friends and benefits.

GCD doesn't exist, ACT is for faggots, fapping to a Lalafell is not pedo, etc etc so lets get that bullshit out of the way. Talk about why everyone else but you is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1m6okFR8siR1fS47Nmm5YoB6CGQKUlCVSZpTYgueWOrA/preview
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/?category2=3&category3=35&min_item_lv=301
youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Playable Viera when?

Its not happening, boss. We are getting Ivalice and still no Viera, Bangaa, Nou Mu or Moogles that don't look like shitty stuffies. If that doesn't give it to us then say goodnight, there was no better chance.

Do you think maybe the reason they are not adding in viera is because of the fact they are basically playboy bunnies? I worry this is the start of a bad trend.

I don't want another race that's just "normal humans with *blank*"
I want some weirder, miqo'te and au ra are waifubait enough as it is

Have you seen the girls at the Gold Saucer? Thankfully this is a game uncucked by censorship and will stay that way, fate willing. That isn't the issue. I think making new races is just too hard when you have to dedicate your entire team to fixing servers every minute of every day.

I agree, Bangaa dragoon fucking when? It would even click perfectly into the lore.

Stop making me want something we'll never have.

WEW lad, just git gud already.

no it's stupid act faggots fault he can't just auto attack and actually has to do a braindead rotation as opposed to AFKing.
God fucking asshole elitists

Come to think of it, I haven't heard any decent or good players say that ACT is a bane. Interesting.

i want playable Viera and Bangaa beast tribe quests/primal
ive always liked the idea of a beast tribe that isn't very tribal in nature (so more structured like the non beast races) would make for an interesting story premise as instead of just fighting a rival tribe you would have political and social obstacles as well

Bangaa would've been perfect in Ala'Mihgo.

The only tread it would set is that Square would be even fucking lazier and not add anymore races after Viera.

Might need to wait for the story to get to the New World for something like that to happen, and god knows when that'll be

I hope that one massive faggot that goes around acting like a badass rusemaster because he reports people for using ACT comes here again, so I can show him my fresh screencap of a GM saying ACT itself isn't bannable, only harrasing people over it is

What's a good glam that looks like a kimono but isn't cash shop bullshit or event only? Why is it so hard to make a simple weeb glam on the fucking not-nippon expansion?

Can someone please ask a GM if using an FOV mod is bannable? The default FOV in FFXIV is fucking awful.

Was going to wake up with intention of making another bread with improved template with useful stuffs or new/old players alike, instead another low effort copypaste (even the fucked up attempt at bold text).

OP, you are truly, a faggot.

a quick google search shows that depending on the mod it could fall under third party apps such as ACT in the ToS, so most likely not, but there's always a risk.

still up in the air Yoshi said don't give up in one of the few Q and A a month or two back.

Forgot to add: frankly as long as you don't brag about it or have screenshots of it they really don't care, I'd imagine.

It's bannable but there's no anticheat. Just don't brag about it or take screenshots with your name in it.

You could just.. zoom out

things that are ok to use
Overlays
Parsers (ACT)
Injectors (reshade, sweetfx, stormshade)

Things that are safe to use but you should never talk about in game (privately or publicly)
Memory Editors (cheat engine or semen demon trainer)

Things that you use at your own risk
teleport hacks/speedhacks
bots
texture mods
anything that directly modifies the game client

the FOV mod goes under Memory editor, dont talk about it and you should be good

You are one dense motherfucker.

Lol noob the only way to increase your fov is to scoot your chair back.

Clearly you're not a true professional that has his oculars extracted as to not be obstructed by the skull

i move for no one

Until surecast runs out, sure.

it's like you don't want them to improve

Why let the tank have the easy job of mashing buttons?question mark

I was the healer when that happened on the second pack in Doma Castle. Wasn't expecting the tank to go from half health to dead in a single gcd because the big sword mob decided to crit him for 12k.

Should've popped Holmgang/LD/HG user
all your fault
Just kidding

Aww, how cute you are when you're mad.

Every good player will say ACT is horseshit but it has nothing to do with the program. Its because knuckle dragging monkies like 80 percent of this thread wouldn't know what good DPS was if it dick slapped them in the mouth, so they need a shiny meter to stare at to tell them if they're doing good or not. Its a good tool for good players but a shitty crutch for shitty players, and anybody who is halfway decent at this game will tell you that (which is why everybody in this thread thinks its okay to use :^)). Thanks to ACT we have people getting smacked by mechanics because they can't do something as simple as watch the ground, people infighting in instances solely because of ACT, and people who know zero math spouting numbers somebody else wrote down first as if they are an expert on shit they don't know the first thing about. ACT is not the source of faggotry but the incubator in which it breeds. If it was instantly bannable there would be much, much less problems in the game as a whole and this has been proven by every other game that bleeding edge faggots ruined with parsers. It has a good function but does it in the wrong way, because it gives idiots tools they are not smart enough to use.

Just don't tell anybody, there is no anticheat so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Holy fuck your avatarfagging is cringy. Every single thread like anybody cares about your spic cat. Here's that attention you ordered.

Funny, they barely ban Chinese gil farming bots, let alone actually players using bots. I've seen gathering bots run the same circle for months on end, and I've used autohotkey to macro synth millions of gil worth of shit over years and I know several others that do to.

They aren't going to ban you for botting because as long as you pay for your sub and don't hurt someones feelings they don't care.

So ACT is shit, but it has nothing to do with ACT being shit - it's a problem because shit players play and behave like shit, and because of that ACT is shit? Sounds legit, mang. :^)

Anyone who has the overlay plugin on instead of just having it open in the background to check after the fight can go die
Isn't that the kind of thing that gets people banned? At least it should
These people go with the overlay fucks

I think your reading comprehension is as bad as your gaming skills my dude. Its bad because it enables shitty player to act shitty just because they reached an arbitrary number they don't understand. Would you rather have a healer who did 4k dps or get healed and Esuna'd when you needed? Would you rather have a tank who did 4k DPS or have one that does emnity combos so mobs aren't melting your ranged party members? These are the problems that it causes which far outweigh its positive uses. And the base fact is that if you need a parser to tell you if you're doing good or not, you understand nothing about the game you're playing and you are casual garbage. You can talk about numbers all you want but none of you retards could come up with how those numbers add up or why a certain number is the highest possible but you will trip over your third chin trying your damndest to max out that meter, and therein lies the problem. There is much more than DPS that factors into a good raid or dungeon run and ACT puts the blinders on. People who are skilled at the game and not a drooling mongoloid can see the bigger picture, literally, because they're actually watching what is going on instead of groaning like a braindead zombie at their "muh dick" bar.

Shitty argument from a shitty player. Enmity combos are a joke and only bad players use them beyond the absolute minimum required.

Sounds like someone is mad that healers and tanks are expected to do good damage in this game. :^)

So… the tl;dr still is, shit players play like shit and behave like shit, and that is why a parser is bad? You're looking at an idiot smashing things with a hammer, and are blaming the hammer for the situation, rather than the idiot.

You say that, but most awful players refuse to even look at the numbers. You get some mediocre midcore players that think they're a lot better than they are, but ACT isn't nearly as large of a problem as the "you don't pay my sub" mentality that prevents players from taking simple advice when it's given.

You've gotta stop with this bait, man.

And what if the idiot had no hammer?

the idiot will still smash shit because he's an idiot probably

He'd still be an idiot in other respects and ruin shit regardless by being an idiot, but the guy looking to do build a house will be shit out of luck because there are no hammers about.

Ebin argument.

Which most people would say and I agree, but he will do much less damage with his hands. As you can see in this thread from the worthless sentence pickers I ignored, still nobody can come up with the math that goes into optimal dps or how the first person to record it got that number. They can't split a top dps into how or why. They're a bunch of mindless parrots squawking about numbers they have no comprehension of. And to imply that someone is a shit player because they can ride their dps bike without the training wheels and wants everyone else to gitgud and do so too is just fucking absurd.

Wew lad.

On one hand, user argued against ACT because of the possibility that it will forcefully and eventually be the standard or norm as was with WoW with GearScore and DPS epeen contest and killing the game. MixMaxfags are always there since they days of RO and 'build skills like this or fuck you' is also there, but enforced? Not as quite because that shit was self-contained amongst the edgefags themselves.

ACT however, the more being discussed about it, the worse it will seem because retards will spew shit like ACT, 5.5k+ on expert run or GTFO. And advent of easily accessible internet from the old RO days enable more retards and normalfags to flock in. And retards spewing ACT at normalfags will end up one of these two things. 1) normalfag get turned into a retard 2) normalfag GTFO. Community will go to shit anyway.

On the other hand, improving oneself is not bad either, using parsers to see what went wrong, fix rotations, etc. But, I think death is more of a DPS sink than a 1% off margin DPS, and everything does not revolves around it. And I think if the dev designed fights based on 100% active time, top max DPS then I think they may as well close the shutters. inb4 edgefags coming down and say 'O4S downed in one day, ez game daed game'.

Considering ACT keeps a record of abilities used, buffs activated by the group, and debuffs applied on the target, and how much of a benefit the group received from the above mentioned, you literally can tell exactly how 'the first person to record it' got the number, and the how and why of the top DPS getting there. ACT, used properly, is specifically the tool used to get the math for this.

this is why i finally DL'd ACT. i don't give a shit about other people's DPS, because as you said, death is a bigger destroyer of DPS than anything else. i just had a great susano farm party with 6/8 people using ilvl 300 or 310 weapons, and we were beating him well before enrage, simply because everyone was able to successfully perform the mechanics.

as a personal tool for improving yourself i find ACT to be great, but i hate the people who try to enforce it on others. SSS is a perfectly fine alternative to an in-game "DPS meter" since it gives you the general idea of whether or not you have what it takes to complete an encounter.

you're entirely wrong faggot. ACT is more useful to tell when shitters are doing shitter dps because you'd rather pay attention to the fight and your own job than watch everyone's buff and cast bar to see if they're playing corretly. ACT is more than just a tool that tells you your dps too, it also shows uptimes on buffs and how many times abilities were used and what abilities make up what percentage of your damage. ACT doesn't cause issues, shit players do. ACT doesn't make shit players not avoid mechanics, that's just the shit players.

It doesn't exacerbate issues already present either. it's purely a good tool and nothing your shitter ass can say will convince anyone otherwise.

DPS in XIV is almost braindead simple, especially pre-60 with all the skill pruning that's been done.
- Keep up self buffs, DoTs and enemy debuffs
- Be careful about applying DoTs to mobs that die quickly. Outside of one or two DoTs, most require at least a few ticks to be a potency gain over just hitting a raw damage skill.
- Do your best not to overwrite DoTs too early, unless you have multiple major damage buffs up.
- Use cooldowns as soon as they come up, unless waiting a small portion of the cooldown time would make it align with another ability (for example, BRD can delay Barrage up to ~20s to fish for RA procs or DRG would wait for their combo finisher to use Life Surge)
-As per the above, make sure your ability usage lines up well with the party buffs. For example, a scholar could use Chain Strategem on the first GCD into a fight, but it's better to delay it a few GCDs so that it hits around the same time as DRG's Battle Litany, NIN's Trick Attack, etc

You can easily hit ~90% of your potential DPS this way. 90-95 is practice, maximizing your uptime and learning the fights, 95-100 is ping and RNG dependent.

Any word on world PvP again?

It's funny because shit players are shit at more than DPS. They're the ones who can't handle movement or boss gimmicks or instructions, so they're still obvious either way.

literally never going to happen, especially with pvp skills, hotbars, stats, everything being different.

reminds me of tonight actually, although in a good way.

>one doggo dropped didn't win it of course

the best part was, aside from myself and one of the brd's, no one had a susano weapon. 3/6 had the green ilvl 300 weapons from the level 70 dungeons. yet, despite this ilvl handicap, this was far and away the best susano group i had ever had. watching them get better with each other one fight after the other was great to see.

less than 100 more to go for my superbear
over half of my 200+ kills have come from lakshmi and susano EX
kill me now

Don't worry lad, Yoshi already said the most fun trial to pug is coming in 4.1
Shinryu EX

>Shinryu EX
For real?

docs.google.com/document/d/1m6okFR8siR1fS47Nmm5YoB6CGQKUlCVSZpTYgueWOrA/preview

I have literally never heard anyone in this talk about DPS numbers, let alone start fights about it. I think you are exaggerating a fuckload.

It is an uncommon thing, but a recurrence nonetheless. Most of them do not exactly spewing the words 'ACT' or 'DPS', but it goes something like this.

>Later on, he spergs out on reddit, cuckchan sometimes even here.

Tell me you have screencaps of these spergouts

I don't. I play on JP server, they don't sperg, they politely and quietly kick people out, if they spergout it will end up in a Hageruga Matsuri, but I remember seeing spregouts caps when someone is bitching about ACT and get into internet fights with ACTfags. Here, on other forums, plebbit, etc.

Next time I see one of those, I will save that them and deliver.

What was the point of advertising swimming as a main feature of stormblood? I don't think I've swam once since finishing the story.

I hate how despite there being swimming, I still can't swim in the Mist. Also, wasn't there swimming already in Costa Del Sol?

Costa Del Sol is the ONLY place you can swim outside of SB zones.

And even then you can't dive. Just sorta paddle around of the surface.

Will they ever add swimming zones to the residential areas at least?

You mean boring as fuck, its fucking empty as shit. You can't even dive in rhalgar's reach or costa de sol which is the best area for you to hang out.

Anons, why did I resub.

I think you might be a bit retarded

There's no point to doing Susano and Lakshmi as their gear is outlevelled by Deltascape as well as Creation Tomestones. Savage is a clusterfuck right now with all the kiddies screeching at people for fucking up once because you should know every minute detail and reference to each of the bosses attacks and if you don't you're obviously a piece of shit. It's shit like this that kills the game for me. Hopefully 4.1 has a new raid that's fun.

Its supposed to have Ivalice I thibk which is impossible to fuck up since thank god they went with FFT instead of FF12.

Deltascape and Creation tomes gear are weekly locked loot, they may have better gear but you're looking at 2 months minimum to get the fullset, if you're lucky. Are you telling me you prefer staying with your shit gear rather than progress tier by tier?. You can't upgrade your shitty lvl 70 job gears to ilvl345 just like that. Not to mention some of the raid/trail have minimum ilvl requirement and dps check.

tl;dr, "I suck and want peoples to carry my stupid ass throughout the fight". Nobody know the fight at first, that's why you make practice party. PeopIes called me retard a bunch of times when I'm trying to learn but you just have to power through. I cleared both EX primal and O1S/O2S without watching any guide, just learn it by trial and error. Finally caved and looked up a guide for O3S and O4S because the final phase is complicated as fuck

If you want it, you can do it. If you dont want it, just give up but you have no one to blame except yourself.

No, I want to be able to group up and go "Ok, I don't have a full grasp on the mechanics" And not get immediately kicked by BLOODEDGEXX420 because I'm still learning. That's what every first 3 weeks of new hard content is. It's the same shit that happened with Alexander Savage.

As for the gear, I'm perfectly content being ilvl313 at the moment waiting for weekly reset.

Western servers are a mistake. I pray the devs make it as western unfriendly as possible to get these min max faggots out. Those fucked killed Vanguard and it is killing MMOs in general.

Please cap chat screen if you see any elite-wannabe spergouts. We could use some lolcows right now as per

I might start doing that shit. The west needs an unofficial blacklist we can all share.

Make your own PF detailing what the party's for, quit making excuses why you can't do this and that.

Then stop bitching about not being able to do EX primal because you clearly doesn't have the drive overcome the challenges.

Never said I was good, fam. You're just also bad.

Actually, all of you are shit except for me. :^)

Anyone else got their burger king crown yet? Do you use it to actually help newfags or just bullying people?
I invite rmt bots into NN when no one else is around

Shit is hard to push through 310~320 without a static or group of rl friends or shitload of gils, fam.

Inb4 ANOTHER SHITTER REEEEE—; Average iLvl321, group planned on doing O2S by Friday or weekend because we got things to do outside Eorzea.

What I find hilarious is the fact they are being an elitist piece of shit on a fucking modern MMO. There are plenty of things to be elitist about, this is not one of them.

user I am garbage and I did suzy EX and laktitty EX. You have no excuse.

(double dubs checked)
Let me tell you a story, user. Once upon the time, during the time of WotLK, in the eastern hemisphere, there was this giant lolcow. He is an officer in a famous AA guild, he posts shit like able to play at least 16 hours a day, if you are loser in game you loser in real life, time is no excuse because if he can do it, are so others, and claimed he is soon to get his Magna Cum Laude from Harvard equivalent here. The claim checks out only half, he was a student in prestigious university, but no words about his Magna.

Anyway, he soon find internet fight all over the place, some people asked him how the fuck he writes paper, attend class, work 2 jobs, and many bullshit he wrote about himself being uber at both game and real life at once. Then it dawned upon us that fags who need to project so like these can only earn success within a small world of an MMO. Wanting to be the best/improve is one thing, to project that hard entirely is another matter.

Soon WoW fell, then that faggot moved to this game and started the same shit all over again, except this time he cannot clear A8S to save his life, blames his FC, change FC, still suck dick. One day, he cleared it and posted his fflog, and in the same night people noticed an anomaly and soon figured out that little fag has been using a cheat, namely no cooldown cheat. Sends his name, screencap, to SE. His ass gets banned, he had his one last sperg before dying from the internet for good.

Funny shit is this. He was on normal board when it was WoW, but when he moved to FF14, he started posting on this side equivalent of chanboards and people soon had his identity figured out within his first few posts.

It's not that I can't, user. I watched guides and they seem very simple when you understand how the mechanics work. It's that now there's no point to other than glamours, due to ilvl320 gear being useless now that there's ilvl340.

Fuck PF. You get either elitist faggots or absolute shitters.

Then join an FC that isn't shit. Many of the problems people are crying about ITT are there because you have no friends. And in that case why the fuck are you playing an MMO?

Oh nice, it's Tigole from EQ but WoW flavored. Tryhards are the cancer that kills MMOs. At least that lolcow you are talking about didn't shape what MMOs were to become.

Are you implying anyone here has friends or desires socializing in order to play a game?

I don't have a problem with it; the content scares the dickens out of me though,I'd rather not me a burden so I don't personally bother. But, the game does, for the most part, provide a largely single player experience; msq is done solo, dungeon parties are mostly silent and are given no dialogue at any point, even in special cutscenes where they remain and emote.. The only interaction arrives when you hit content that can't be quietly facerolled like OxS or EXes. Current stuff.

it is, but its not impossible. You can either cry about it or keep on keeping on. My FC is dead with only me the remaining active members and I cleared all endgame content with PF

elitist faggot will not join training party,the worse you can get is rage quitter, and you have no right calling other players shitter since you yourself unable to clear EX primal.

This is the dumbest meme

I miss MMO when it was like first days of RO. Hanging around with rl friends while making more in game. Play however we want, whatever job we want, exploring Glast Heim when it opened with friends, trying to discover the secrets buried deep within the lost city while carrying our friends and get carried through the monsters. Max level is Everest, not a treadmill, not many can go there.

Now it is only endgame. It was like that in late RO too because minmaxfags even before that cunt Tigore do even more damage to MMO. It is still fun to do things with friends though, I just miss exploring, the vast world of an MMO.

Also flight is a mistake.

This is for the people saying bleeding edge fags aren't a problem.

I can say with certainty there are at least 3 people who play this game that aren't retarded.

Thanks for filling out my blacklist. You are doing the crystal's work.

Really makes you think

Nice bait son, but this was during the Great Library dungeon, so every second enemy was tossing out Miseries and Heavies. Even if that moron's reasoning was remotely sound, which it isn't, that was certainly not a dungeon where you "didn't need it."

Uh, Esuna isn't required in most fights/situations. It's, no exaggeration, a dead button most of the time. Realistically, a healer should switch skills in between fights as required. For example, I only have protect slotted at the beginning of the dungeon and then usually never again unless it needs to get reapplied before the last boss or something.

Wait, actually, there was one time I left it in my role skills for an entire dungeon and that was because the tank kept clicking it off.

Why would anyone remove a buff from themselves

I hate these people.

If the tank is being a retard like that then the only recourse is to just stop healing him and then votekick right after he dies

Were it only that easy. They can report you for kicking them "for no reason" and get you in trouble. I was warned the other day for kicking someone who didn't speak English. Kicking them because they are a bad player is an even worse offense in the genius mind of SE.

That's why you get ahead of the game and come up with a convincing reason before the kick, but don't say anything about it until you get pulled by a GM
It literally does not matter what bullshit you claim, anything goes past these faggots as long as you play the victim well enough

literally never seen anyone get spergy about actual numbers, though I have kicked people from farm parties for severe underperforming

you're fucking retarded. deltascape gear is the same ilvl as both lakshmi and susano and tome gear is heavily gated per week and you're not getting savage or augmented gear. there's also the point of doing the fights for the fun of it you shitter.

you're just a shitter casual if you can't do these ez mode primals and get 4 out of 5 accessories and your weapon taken care of in a day or two.

Alright there middle school dropout, we know you're bad at math.

you were saying? the only 330 gear is tomestone gear you mongoloid
sit the fuck down

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/?category2=3&category3=35&min_item_lv=301

im going in for the free trial, im fucking bored and i want my life to end but its taking TOO LONG, so i guess im gonna consume my time with this.

what dataland/server am i supposed to join? there's so goddamn many…

What's the 320 BiS anyways? Is it going to be a clusterfuck again like at the end of HW where tanks had to go around wearing drg jewerly because the stats were all over the fucking place?

Exodus if you want to join one of the thread FCs.

thanks, character name is A'miqo'te

can i join FCs from the beginning?

You can't join FCs in free trial at all

oh well

And just think, that's one of the faggots who defends ACT use. The jokes write themselves.

Sounds like a good argument for installing ACT. Thanks guys.

Guess the jokes really did write themselves

Prove it, faggot.

Holy shit are you retarded. The Savage gear you goddamn moron.

You can join the linkshell, which is effectively the same at your level. If you're still on within 15 minutes of this post I'll invite you.

You mean the i340 one? :^)

Dude just stop you're embarassing yourself.

you're the idiot from last thread who was like "blm just sleep bomb in pvp yo!" aren't you? are you allergic to reading easily accessible in-game information or something?

Man. I agree. It's convenient but it killed FATES and makes zones feel lifeless.

where did genre go so wrong

It's complete bullshit for hunts too

i cant accept because im on free trial, but thanks.

and yes, that one you /tell'd is me.

Shit man, idk.

to be fair that's how it was in ARR too. When there's a surplus of people doing hunts shit's pretty much always messy.

considering the shitter can't even do the easiest ex primals to date, savage is entirely out of the question. you cant complain about gear being outdated by gear you have no chance of obtaining.

I don't know what to feel about this.

Everquest.

It wasn't instant autism back then though, you still had to ride to the place and had a lot more spare time before some nigger pulled and steals all the credit

It's not that I was doing more damage. It's that I was doing significantly more damage in spite of having shit gear and repeatedly fucking up simple shit.
I guess it's just because SAM is so simple that even fucking it up doesn't matter much.

If Tigole ruined WoW, then it was ruined from the very start. He's not in charge anymore, though. Now it's Ion Hazzikostas, alias Gurgthock of Elitist Jerks.

I miss VIT scaling too.

First time through Susano EX, it took two wipes preceding it but we were all learning, yet actually pulled it off. Gives me conniptions, I know on the last pull he was less than a minute to enrange, game is stressful. Didn't even drop my weapon, oh well PF works just fine. That was fun.

What's weird is that WoW eventually went in the opposite direction and started making content for low skill players, which was LFR. One thing WoW actually did right was having different strata of activities to do. LFR was exactly was casual/antisocial players deserved: shit content for shit people with consolation prize gear. Bleeding edge progression never, ever stopped being hard, it just stopped being satisfying, especially after decades of the same fucking thing. Top-level play actually became harder as time went on and classes/fights became more complex. WoW succeeded in having essentially three different endgame experiences: shit tier, mid-level and high skill. It's just that so much was already wrong with the game by then that it really didn't matter.

Hey what a coincidence FFXIV does the same thing and keeps making content easier and easier.
Thankfully the majority of the playerbase being unable to hit 2 buttons in a row means that you will still somehow be the last one alive 90% of the time no matter your role

XIV suffers from the devs not giving a single fuck about their game. The only talented employees left at Square are their musicians and artists. The rest have long since forgotten how to make a good game. That's why this game still plays like it's from 2007, not CY+2. I won't even cite WoW for this; go look at RIFT's housing and cosmetic systems. A shitty, bloated WoW clone puts this game to utter shame, at least on those two points.

Yeah SAM isn't super punishing and has really high personal dps because it contributes literally nothing besides it.

I dunno. I like it more than most of the modern shit that's out, MMO or not.

I mean, I definitely still play it and enjoy it, but the fact that it will almost certainly maintain the status quo as just being 'ok' instead of improving or evolving is demoralizing.

they care, they're just limited by the engine they built the game upon and it'd probably be too expensive to replace

Blame the massive chunk of the playerbase that doesn't enjoy the process of getting better at videogames.

P
S
L
I
M
I
T
A
T
I
O
N
S

That was a major selling poiint of SB. They nerfed the shit out of tank damage and brought up every dps, so that even the more retarded players could pull out good dps. The turbo tards are still hopeless though. The only thing that will maybe bring them up is for Yoshi to do to PVE what he did to PVP.

I still find it funny when Yoshi showed that powerpoint slide about listening to the players after SE has had a long history of doing the opposite.

If SE loses them, then they're are super fucked. Of course, there are still enough people out there to keep SE afloat. Just look at the number of tards that kept swtor up and running.

That's because Yoshi is Japanese and they are notoriously retarded when it comes to anything pc. It doesn't help that he's a Japanese businessman either as those guys are turbo jews.

The state of mmos has deteriorated drastically since the 2000s. While some would say Everquest brought us down this shitty path. I fully blame the retarded devs and companies that chased after the WOW audience and proceeded to either shit on their current fanbases or turn out wow-clones. I still remember the shitshow that was Age of Conan or when coh got shat on by NCsoft in patch i13.

They already replaced it when ARR happened. The old 1.0 game is gone. The main issue they have is that they're inept.

That's what happens when you continue to dumb down games so that any tard can play it. It makes business sense to do so, but it sucks to play.

That was always a bullshit excuse. Yoshi is a massive bullshitter even when he has no reason to. Remember when he said tanks got their damaged nerfed because of vit bloat and he wanted to tanks to have less health? He then put STR on Tank accessories and buffed their enmity. It has a huge history of lies like this.

That's every game, you clown. And it's not about being better at games, it's about wanting a better game. And most of the playerbase is fine playing a dress-up ERP simulator with some combat tacked on, which is why they'll never demand that Square make tangible improvements to the game. Instead they'll beg for more cosmetics and player races.

Yeah it is every game and I hate it.

We'd get a better game if the playerbase didn't bitch anytime Square puts in anything that takes some modicum of thought and effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0

Man I don't come here enough. Now I'm regretting not taking the time to make a webm since I post this garbage so much anyways.

It doesn't help that Japs are generally stupid. Well, no, they're smart in an efficiency sense, but they're not even a little clever. Other MMOs stayed afloat by copying and improving on things their competitors did. Jap employees don't even play their own games, much less have time to look at features that other games have pulled off successfully. They most likely don't even read their own forums or even take player feedback. At least WoW devs played their game so they gave a fuck about the quality of the product and actually acted on feedback from players. Yes, this is somewhat outdated since most of the good devs have left and that one blue haired commie faggot decided to make design decisions based on the fact that he played WoW on a tablet instead of with a keyboard and mouse.

git gud

Unrelated, but does anyone have Yukkuri set up for ACT? Or just set up at all, really, I can't read moonrunes and all the guides people were posting apparently have been wiped off the face of the internet.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS GAME

At this point I feel a little bit sorry for SE and Yoshida himself. The idiots got the megaphone and a direct hotline to the mans eardrums. Sadly, those cunts cannot decide for their life what they want so that is why so many fixes, two step forward three steps back; and Yoshida, in his documentary/interview, said that this is the first time Japan ever made a western style MMO so their experience in this field is limited and tries to rip off and polish whatever is good from other western MMO and he himself being an avid MMO fan since Ultima Online.

So, I believe the man himself believe he is doing right; But he does not know about the western cancers yet, so I pray to fuck someday he and I will cross each others paths and I will for the lack of better word, 'redpill' the man so he can stop listening to fucktards and make his OWN damn game instead of following whatever that autistic cunt Tigole left us with.

Pic related somewhat when other forums talk about balance.

after they add playable Lunarians maybe :^)

You can /comfort to remove misery. Heavy only applies if you eat an AoE.

GMs catering, protecting shitters and "you don't pay my sub!" faggots.

I can't handle PF shit anymore. On the other hand, I don't feel like joining statics that demand 90th percentile dps. Doing savage raids as a MCH has been one of the most challenging things in this game I've tried, I find it very demanding. I would like to continue to try to master it but I'm sick of staring at the PF all day and having training groups disband after 1 wipe. So right now, I'm just very close to shelving the game.

Well you chose the worst class in the game at the moment, so you're already off to a good start of being excluded in almost every PF. Seriously what the fuck were they thinking, did a MCH fuck yoshi's wife or something.

No one ever excluded me, and most people in PF don't do epic dps so my dps is very comparable to theirs. I'm not a very good player, but I got the o2s dummy to 2% in 314 gear and I've cleared o1s.

The thing about MCH is that even though it doesn't have a lot of buttons to press, the random procs make you pay attention constantly and it's very hard to play it consistently. You have to pay attention to mechanics while making sure your reload is off cooldown at the right time so you can prep the WF. And doing WF shit, pressing buttons like a maniac while a mechanic requires you to dodge and move is some hard shit to pull of. In my experience, it's just the most challenging job to play. DRG bores me to tears, you have rotation which enables you to zone out easily.

Yeah except even with all that optimally your dps is still the lowest in the game

True, but again, most people don't do as much dps as those jobs enable them to. For example, 3.5k dps will go a looong way in PF parties, at least that was the case before the last reset. And that's the additional part of the challenge, you have to perform without mistakes to do dps that's somewhat acceptable. Reaching 4k in a party without a DRG? Good luck with that. I've seen above 4k dummy parses, but if you have 10 parses, I'd say that 4k parse doesn't happen in more than 5, just too much shit has to align and it doesn't account for mechanics shit.

pf is fine, I got my buddy his susano clear on his first try in party finder, similar for lakshmi

user, those are the easiest extreme trials released in this game. Secondly, I doubt you did it in the first 2 weeks the expansion came out. Have you tried doing savage raids? It my become fine too after a month when gear makes fights a lot more forgiving.

I think Zurvan EX is the easiest, but to each his own.

If Godbert Manderville doesn't open a new beach resort/underwater minigame extravaganza in the Ruby Sea to help revitalize the Doman economy(with skimpy swimsuits for the attendants) I'm going to be very disappointed.

That's . . . that's a brilliant idea!! Why the fuck are you posting here instead of sending a letter to YoshiP, and I mean the actual written paper letter, not a post on forum or an email. If you need it translate to moon, then I will help.

Underwater resort . . . finally diving will be of some brilliant use.

I rather he do it at Costa De Sol, Ruby Sea is ugly as fuck

Nigga, Yoshi's wishy-washy on adding pools to residential zones, I doubt the hack could even fathom doing a full fucking Sandals resort.

that was for my buddy. I got my weapon and all my accessories about a week after I hit 70, so about 2-3 weeks after launch. party finder really isn't that bad.

Really, user? Any party who wants to win boots MCH or MNK, the two absolute worst classes, on sight.

I have been hearing this since fucking HW, and have yet to see a single argument beyond "muh utility".
It's even more laughable when you consider this game isn't specially hard and you can clear ALL the content with literally any party composition as long as you stick to the role ratios

Wasted double dubs, user. If you want to talk elites, then know that the world first comp has a monk in it. And inb4 only top 0.1%. Go check the logs, plenty of MNKs everywhere not just the top.

Pretty much this, but MCH is really in bad shape and in need of a redesign like how BRD got theirs. Numbers does not mean shit if their playstyle is tunnel vision inducing as fuck, they need to be more playable as in you do not have to be autistic to play them at 70% efficiency and a hyperautist with OCD to play at 90%..

t. Main MCH before cannot take it any more and switched to bard mid-HW.

When the current endgame has DPS requirements to not hit boss enrages you need to know where your groups weaknesses lie and work to fix them. It's a good tool to see who isn't maximising themselves and then work on making themselves better. It's good to have something onscreen to tell you if your current output is around the average to not hit an enrage timer.

You mean the one that made up for being undergeared by using mantra, and as such when people get gear it's going to fall off again? And before you even go on about "it's in top clear groups", it is, but they have fantastic RNG on chakra which is where too much of MNK's dps comes from. There's a few DPS can get screwed over by runs of horrible luck.

Also it's not even that it's tunnelvision inducing . It's just horrible dps, bad utility, and it's entire rotation is based on RNG. If it wants to say "well fuck you no ammo loaded no procs on shots ever" it will.

the game being piss easy doesn't excuse the bad balance of MCH

Don't worry, user, 4.05 made MCH much easier to play!*
*by casualizing the one interesting mechanic they had so hard it's now pointless and in doing so made their optimal dps even lower
So now it's a boring as shit job that also hits like a wet noodle, what's not to love?

they could make MCH's burst so much more convenient by changing Wildfire so that when its cast it adds 5 heat. Thats all.

Just posting to say that ACT is a good program and they should finally add an ingame parser.
Everyone who says something else got bullied for bad dps

Can we remove the dungeon finder while we are at it? :^)
What a second. That sounds alright.

Don't tell cuckchan

I will kek for a good minute if I see that shit in a party.

Nice, another reliable blacklist flag on top of bikini set glams, potatoes of any sort and horrid metallic painted coats

I just wanna play a gun class that does not suck or have to be autistic to play FFS.

I'm not sure what happened there, but I meant to post that I'm not going to stand outside a dungeon or in a town asking for a party.

I do not comprehend

you can remove A'miqo'te from the LS if you need the free slot.

apologies, but this game just isn't for me, i can't stand the handholding…
go to marker, take quest, move to markered quest objective, "interact" with it or just smash your hotkey bar against a few enemies, go back to markered NPC, end quest, get new quest, go to another marker….. it's a carbon copy of wow. i thought maybe if i gave it a serious try it'd grow on me but it didn't.

sorry but even if you tell me after level 70 it becomes the best game ever, its just not worth weeks of beeline quests plus 40 dollarydoos.

Well it's probably good for you that PF exists. Then you can announce it in trade chat while you sit on your nightsaber in Ironforge you fucking faggot.

4.1 WHEN

bard is just as bad about the tunnel visioning your hotbars and job gauge with all the rng for refulgent arrow and dot crits

just filter cbf1ce

No need to apologize, the first 50 levels being boring shit is one of the big black marks against the game. If my character got deleted somehow, I'd probably never play the game again.
and yes, there really is a girugamesh fight later on, look up a video on youtube if you want to hear the BotBB remix

Fuck, beat me to it.

I want to try out healing anybody got a good starter guide so I don't fuck up an entire party's day?

There's actually an unlockable game for the toy chest that's the perfect practice for it.

Add this one to the list of new skills that don't need to be their own button. Just give BRD another 'X mastery' passive like they get for their DoTs that makes straight shot hit like a truck when straighter shot procs. I'm assuming, of course, that straighter shot is now only ever used on refulgent and the crit buff is simply refreshed normally.

It's artificial bloat for SE to remove later into the game. Impact is the same, at 30 seconds it typically doesn't fall off unless you get lucky/aren't paying attention to it.

It's funny, because Impact was first on that list. It's like Square forgets ideas as soon as they have them. Scatter has a proc that buffs your next Scatter, but Jolt activates a new button why exactly? And speaking of RDM, they really need to tone down the activation rate on Verfire/Verstone Ready. It's less fun to force procs via Sharpcast and proper Flare/Holy use when I can't fucking get rid of them fast enough in the first place. It's too damn often I'm dashing in to do my melee combo with all three procs sitting up, waiting to get used.

Enter hall of the novice as a healer. The rest is pretty easy to learn through doing.

okay let me clue you in on some knowledge for the first 50 levels of the game. You see those bars, keep those high, it's impossible to fuck up unless you fall asleep due to them removing a majority of your low level skills

Will I get banned if I use a memory editor to increase the draw distance significantly, so taking screenshots of vistas will show mobs across the map?
Also why is the screenshot tool so much fun? I almost want to go around pretending to take shitty polaroids.

It's purgatory.

ILL [email protected]/* */ TO THAT

I must lay judgement on your shitpost and say that "saccharine" is bullshit, terrible things happen all the time in the game.

No it isn't. Half of the game looks like it was made by Willy Wonka.
Just makes it even more jarring. Pic related.

man remember how they had that big emotional thing where they killed off a major character only to bring them back later?
There was the sultana who was poisoned, but naw actually she was just sleeping dude.

They do it again and again and it just becomes a game of "oh which character will be milked for MUH FEELS, and will they actually stay dead this time? who knows 1/7 chance for death so far"

It's even more annoying the thing gives an obnoxiously high amount of exp so it's basically mandatory to do this shit every day to level jobs

Give me back Haurchefant then you son of a bitch please

Sure thing, but with one caveat
He comes back as the JP version instead

I'm still mad about this shit.
POTATO PURGE WHEN

It happens in Shonen all of the time. Just look at Naruto or Dragon Ball. FF14's writing is shonen-tier. The only person that has stayed dead is Haucherfaunt, but he's essentially been replaced by Estinian. I'm not 100% sure Pap is dead as they may bring him back at some point.

The writing in this game will never go past shonen.

That was so retarded. The way they tied up the Uldah atory arc was especially bad and cheap. It's like they didn't know what to do with it and just hand waved the entire event away.

It's standard mmo combat in the post-wow world.

They're the purest race. The pedo elements do need to be purged though. I blame SE for that and the kikes that sexualize potatoes. Luckily, they're covered up and aren't allowed to dress like the whore cat race.

That's what happens when the devs find cows to milk. It's only going to get worse.

It keeps most of the huehues out. The game would be worse if that cancer was allowed in.

kys you literal retard. Plan your abilities out better and you can sit on verfire/verstone while you do your melee combo.

You're fucking it up badly. The only proc that has a high chance of falling is impact and that's because you can get lucky with the other procs. If you can't even manage that, then there's no hope for people like you.

I may sound harsh, but I've seen devs cater to enough retards in past games to know that they need to fuck off. If you need the devs to hold your hand with Rdm because you lack self-control, then you need to choose a different class or fuck off to a new game.

You don't have to do that roulette. If you're a tank or healer, then you should be spamming the sb leveling dungeons. If you're a dps then make friends with a tank or healer.

SE really needed to trim the arr msq rather than jewing the players even more with those msq boost potions.

How I love them Bard clothes.
They always make you look like you are just about to break into a merry dance and song at any moment.
Could do with more frilly stuff everywhere though

what shitty healer ever has full mana? If you arent getting healed a good healer should atleast be DPSing.

Uh, everyone knows that. I'm not talking about making the class easier, I'm talking about making it more fun. You can sit on those procs through your melee, but it's not exciting to just overwrite them when you actually prep your mana right. You really need to calm down and try not to sperg out.

PS. Nice reddit spacing.

Do chocobo races ever start paying more than 400 a win? It really doesn't seem worth the time investment for such meager rewards.

Is anyone else here like me and love tall girls with muscles but just finds something wrong with the way Roe females look?

Nah m8, it's all about the tacticool bullshit that this game doesn't have enough of. I want the vest that the cat bitch who fights for the Resistance is wearing, but it's not in the game right now as far as I can tell. If I had that for my BRD and MCH I could go and eat some snakes and shit.

If you mean this set, it drops from Sohm Al (Hard) and Baelsar's Wall

Tacticool is great for MCH, but it just doesn't fit BRD in my mind.

Are you a goon?

I see what they did there

Explain?

You've been looking at too much Penelo/Viera porn if you think the Viera are trans in any way, shape, or form. They're just rabbit women who listen to trees and scorn the outside world, save for the ones who realize this is fucking retarded and join civilized society instead.

It's more the way they move. Their animation says they're running, but since the distance they travel is identical to every other race it's more like they're running in place while an unseen force slides them forward.
Most of their nose and face combinations leave a lot to be desired, too.

You should brush up on your point'n'click games

He's right, you are a retard.

Cool, thanks.

HOLY FUCK I HATE FISHING COLLECTABLES SO MUCH
ZERO SKILL OR ROTATIONS ALLOWED ITS ALL PURE RNG BULLSHITTERY

I'm about to dive into this likely shit game. I'm coming off quitting Black Desert though so pretty much anything is going to be a breathe of sweet, clean air.
While this downloads, what server do I need to be on, do we have a guild, what class do we need most of/lets me be the Eorzean jew

Primal Datacenter, Exodus server are where most people play. Drop your character name in the thread if you want an invite to the linkshell.

From what I understand, a lot of the Holla Forums faggots are on Exodus, though as long as you don't choose Balmung or Gilgamesh, you really can't go wrong.
On Exodus, I belive there are two.
Tanks. We need tanks. You can start off as a Gladiator (which becomes Paladin) or a Marauder (which becomes Warrior), and become a Dark Knight once you hit Heavensward.
Literally any crafter class.

My butthole is ready

i kek'd.

may as well have gone with saint breivik tbh. also the hair needs to be more platinum blonde and less "old man" unless you're going for a world weary, "i've seen some shit and then killed it" version of saint anders.

It started off as Gorolt of-ruvia. In hindsight I should've gone with the shaved head too.

Is the command for changing bahamut's size out this patch, and if so, does anyone know what it is? I thought it was in patch notes but doing a ctrl+f gives nothing in 4.0, 4.01 and 4.05.

4.1 please look forward to it

I'm troubled. Unlocked Dragon's Neck, but it's so far back in content and semi-deep into the Hildibrand line, there's nothing in the PF and it's dependant on people having actually done an old, optional questline to bring them along. I can circumvent Typhon's wipe mechanic with surecast, but..i'm basically dead by that point. I need to be sure before I go wasting other player's time; They seem to share a health pool, can they just be burned before we're turned into imps or do you have to do the mechanics no matter what?

Nah some of the developers admitted somewhere that the reason they pulled the plug on Viera was because they would have to do new walking animations, due to the Viera all wearing High heel shoes. It's the usual Sqeenix laziness

ty

they could just make flat-footed viera for ffxiv as it's an alt-reality anyway. But all the races already have alternative movementn animations anyway soooo

Be a tank. I solo'd the fight as a Warrior at 70.

Anything talking about the "Wipe mechanic" is out of date. You can circumvent it on any job by just moving into the center. The fight's nerfed into the ground.

I mean I'm still going to get it, but i am particularly salty they fucked one of my favorite X summons

Wasted trip for misremembering it, user. They did not put Viera in because of animations, but because of shoes. Viera has different feet than other races, so they have to model Vieras own version of every single shoes in game.

This maybe a wild guess, but I believe the real reason they did not put Viera in is because of "bunny bois". Like said, they can have a flat footed version of Eorzean Viera, but if they only put the girl Viera in, fans going to be pissed and ask for those bunny boi /ss/. Then Balmung WILL absolutely be fucked beyond any redemption.

i would have liked it to be bigger, but on a roe it's still pretty big.

Bard is much more fun to play now compared to HW

post your lewds

F

brocherfaunt was the man.

Fucking this. Awesome new set of job gear, support viability is now much better, they made Wanderer's fun to use rather than forcing you into Bow Mage cuckery, and they gave us the old ballad and Paeon as role skills and better. SB BRD is amazing and the patches have been kind so far. So fucking glad I stuck to this.

A reminder that in the Japan version, he was straight up into you. He wanted in your pants.

Fishing is some serious fucking business

More serious than Botanist. The end goal of Botany is to get a species of potato to grow in Idyllshire.

i dont know how why they changed it for the non-jp version, but i'm glad i did. haurchefant as a bro-tier comrade in arms is way better than a blatantly homosexual poofter.

i've heard the ALC quest is really good. wraps up a lot of loose ends from 1.0, or alternatively fills in a lot of information for people who started playing after 2.0 came out.

F

Wait, does he still want to fuck if your character is female?

Yes. I wish an artist and was able to create a female WoL-Haurchefant porn for myself.

Why is building a zodiac weapon without using the marketplace the hugest pain in the ass?

Because it was designed to be an autism grind to keep people occupied (and subbed) for 8+ months. Even after the nerfs it's pretty bad.

Yeah. He's a bi sexual deviant in JPN

This

It's glamour gear and it's meant to keep players grinding for months. You can no-life it and get it done very quickly though. Fates will still take a very long time when you get to the book step though.

None of the races go without their sandals. They stay on even when you go swimming.
Balmeme is already pretty fucked as is.

Read The knockback got nerfed, so you're safe if you stack directly underneath him. There used to be a way to get stunned and jump back on before they knockback could affect you, but the timing on that can be pretty rough. You just need to stand in the middle if the dps don't know what they're doing. You'll probably get aggro if the tanks get knocked off, but you just need to survive for a few seconds until your teammates jump back on.

OK, I get that Aenor was sleeping with Ocher. But what does Clamence mean by "I don't get it! I was the healer on those expeditions! How could she have-"

He probably made some comment about her tending to his wounds or something along that lines that could be read as being healed which led to that remark.

When is all this? I admit I probably missed stuff in the background during the second half of ARR due to wanting to get to HW.

This is in patch 3.2 I think during HW.

Is it still worth it to do Binding Coil of Bahamut?

Alright I haven't got there yet in HW I believe. I'm at the part where we found that Azys Lla has a shield and we need to find a way to get through. I think I'm way overleveled now being 59 at that point with still having to finish the Dragonsong arc then the Warrior of Darkness arc afterwards. I guess that is what happens when you start as a paladin.

Only if you're looking to craft the Mastery IV glamour gear. I've been able to solo the first six fights as WAR but everything past that seems like it needs a group because of mechanics that can't be outright ignored while solo.
If you're not interested in making those items, and you don't need to run any of them for Khloe's book, don't bother unless you really want to experience the story. And if you do, get some people willing to push you through it.

nah you're about spot on. azys la is the place where you're supposed to go from 59 to 60. also gonna check those dubs. and these trips

great for the story, since it wraps up what happened after the battle of carteneau, prior to the release of ARR. also good for glamour if you want that kinda stuff, and some of the things that drop there sell well even now. it's not easy though, even with a level capped group. people still wipe on T7 and T9, not to mention shit in the final coil.

i took that to mean that clemence, who's the more proper lady of the two, was sleeping mere feet away from her sister while aenor was engaged in the nasty with ocher boulder. so basically she was sleeping one bed over while her sister was getting fucked and is aghast that her sister would do such a thing.

So is it like the second half of ARR later on when it is a bunch of quests you have to go through at around 60 in order for you to be able to move on to the next expansion? That really annoyed me as it just felt like a drag with no real rewards out of it besides the story development which had too much filler crap.

and checking again.

yeah, there's a lot of stuff to get through. the upside is that it's way more interesting than most of the ARR stuff, and it doesn't drag on for quite as long. but even doing it casually, like 2 or 3 hours a day, you can get through the entire thing in under two weeks. plus once you hit 60 now, you can dump all your poetic tomes for a set of ilvl 260 gear, which you can even upgrade to 270 if you want. that'll make all the earlier stuff fly right by.

in terms of concrete things to do at 60, i believe there are 5 or 6 mandatory story-focused dungeons and 2 mandatory hard mode primal-type fights. this is in addition to the other stuff, which consists of 4 mandatory pre-60 story dungeons and another two hard mode primals. all the other content in HW, from Alexander to the side dungeons to the Warring Triad is optional, and all of that stuff easily accounted for a big chunk of content. once you distill all of that out, getting through HW is actually pretty quick. you'll spend more time watching cutscenes than anything else, so if you want to rush things you can skip all those and probably be done in 2-3 days.

but you shouldn't skip em because they're awesome. or barring that, at least make time to watch them later on

Yes, prepare for the Warriors of darkness storyline which goes nowhere and resolves itself out of nowhere, but takes like 29 quests

The end of each content pack is filled with horrible filler that goes nowhere and only exists to say that "the story quests got updated"

I'm still waiting for The Minstrel's Ballad: Warriors of Darkness
and will be waiting forever

How the fuck am I supposed to play Bahamut and Alexander and the Void Ark if nobofy will queue for it? I tried gathering a group of friends and we were a full party minus two DPS for fifteen minutes, which means not a single person in the entire Primal data center was trying to play them. What do Holla Forums?

Pretty much for any raid that isn't current and isn't Crystal Tower, you need to get a full party going. Or for Coils just wing it unsynced since its so off content it hurts.

pretty much hope that the people who queue for daily roulette get thrown in with you.

For Coil and Alex, PF. For VA, you're shit out of luck unless you want to wait for 2 hours in hopes that everyone else waiting for 2 hours is still there.

gotta love that quality "lol we dont need a raid roulette" yoshida

Why does everyone do crystal tower?

How over populated are healers at endgame?

I just started playing again and healing is the only thing I've enjoyed doing in dungeons so far. When I played on the EU data centre during ARR my guild was more than 40% healers which put me off rolling one.

oh and does end game still have an insane relic weapon grind?

I can answer one of those questions in that there are no new relic weapons. Yet.

What's so enjoyable about healing? I've never tried it in any MMOs because it looks super stressful.

Not necessarily enjoyable, although some do take pleasure in the role healsluts, but alongside tanks, they're always more in demand than damage, so it's easier to get a spot in queues and raids

In this game? Free comms and not having to wait 20 minutes for queues.

Anons, what should I do with all these extra Verity tomestones? I've only got one class to 70, and I'm close to cap.

crafting mats. they sell decently, and move relatively quickly. the abundance of verity everyone has has kinda killed the market, but the stuff still sells for enough/fast enough that it's a solid dump for your spare tomes.

not overpopulated at all. as another user said, Q's are fast for healers, and ever since the introduction of a free cluster via leveling roulette, i've seen healer pop up as the needed class almost as often as tank this is on primal data center

wondrous tails group sometimes form for those. you can occasionally put up a group in PF for some of them, advertising your first time bonus and that it's for WT. but as noted, some parts of coil are just ridiculous even unsycn'd at level cap.

either wondrous tails or for the weekly aether oils from the quest in mor dhona or for glam.

I'm curious just how much of the old content is soloable now that SB is out.

To be fair, they did confirm they're finally adding it
in 2-3 fucking months with patch 4.1 preasu rook forwad to et gaijin

Do they actually do anything? Or do they just die over and over?

Literally the only thing less common than healers are tanks.

The relic weapon grind for Heavensward was significantly better than in ARR it required no materia or crafting. However there was still tons of grinding tomestones. There will most likely be a new relic weapon for stormblood but it has not been announced yet so we don't know what it will be like.

I HAVE A NEED TO BREED THAT RABBIT

Then why do they always have the bonus for the leveling roulette? I only ever see the healer bonus at fucking twilight hours. Every tank I see is fully decked out in tier VI materia because they are rolling in those freebie tokens.

Because there are less tanks so they are always in demand however after tanks Healers are the most scarce. Did you misread the post?

Yes I did. My b

What the hell is it?

I think its less about that and more about the fact that they gave BRD so much more utility to bring over MCH. You'd be better off running two Mages over bringing a MCH if you can't get a BRD.

The Ascian at the very end cutscene is Hildibrand, isn't it?

Man I stayed up to get to 60 to get the tomestone gear and I fucked up and bought the wrong stuff. This is probably why I shouldn't have stayed up so I would be more alert about not spending all my tomestone gear on obsolete stuff. I guess when I wake up it is dungeon spamming like no one's business to get enough tomestones to fix this mistake.

this girl has the most anime eyes in the game so far.

Moonfire Faire announced for the 8th of this month. Hopefully we get some good clothing out of it this time around.

I don't think I have ever seen such concentrated horror.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Profligates.

People on my server were just making bad puns all day yesterday in region chat. Honestly it wasn't too bad.

Yeah I think I'm on a pretty good server I can't really think of any outright cancer aside from the very rare married couple. Sometimes people gather mounts in Idylshire or now Rhalgr's Reach but don't really flood chat with anything more than chatter or puns.

"Six arrows… more than enough to kill anything that moves."

What should I meld on my healer? Vit and Piet or Piet and Crit? or Crit and Vit?

check'd

for sch, i've heard it's just all crit. you just meld crit, as much as you can. if you can't meld grade 6 crit, you meld grade 5, and if crit is already capped, then it's either piety and SpS.

for whm or ast it's a bit different. i think whm enjoys SpS a bit more, and i've also seen several whm's with lots of det melds. then again, whm passive does encourage crit, but it's RNG on RNG, and i haven't seen or heard of anyone stocking crit to try and get more out of new trait. i don't know exactly what ast likes to meld, but grade 5 crit or det are probably solid options. direct hit is pretty much a no-go due to only working on offensive skills and not heals. in fact, now that i think of it, det is solid all around for healers, since it's a boost to both healing and dmg in a consistent fashion. you would still want to stack crit above all else if you were sch tho.

*until you figure out what you want to focus on.

also, vit is ok if you need the life bump in savage, but probably no more than 3-4 pieces of vit 6 materia at most.

Yeah I just melded crit into what I could and piety into what I couldn't. Then vitality for my accessories because I still hear it scales well and people in my fc recommended it.

if you're doing savage then vit is a solid idea, at least until your base ilvl gets higher. ive seen a big comeback in melding vit for the squishier dps classes (brd, rdm, mch)