Did they finally fix the unfixable combat?

did they finally fix the unfixable combat?
is it fun?
inb4 download it yourself, i'm not gonna waste a whole day installing mods just to play 5 minutes

I used to fix AI to dodge all my arrows and take cover. And also engage and surroud the player. It still wasn't fun because story and quests are shit, and fixing combat alone doesn't fix the game.
Also magic sucks no matter what.

my main issue with it was the gear grind curve
you get all the iron/steel gear early on extremely easy, but then you've got this long wait till you can get your hand on anything else
same with weapons. ultimately i just end up leveling up my enchantments rather than blacksmithing because it's easier than looking for ores
doesn't really work that well as an rpg because of it

Combat's a cornerstone of the game so it's a decent start, if it actually fixes it. Mountainblade's story is very barebones but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

Guilds can provide some filler inbetween mod quests.

Just play a different game.

Armor grind? In skyrim? Most gear is easily replaceable, because having top gear doesn't matter a lot to your stats. You can get orchish armor and orchish sword very easily by raiding nearby orchish camp, then upgrade them to get semi-top equipment to use, and spend most of your game with that gear.
The only way to fix this shit is to play requiem. But requiem is "cop's misery" of skyrim and did a lot of other wrong things to screw up the leveling.

I am also tired of constantly reinstalling and modding this game different way only to hear same lines of dialogue, making me cringe of quests over and over again. So i just gave up on it. Even morrowind is more fun to explore, even with shittiest combat ever, it just never gets on my nerves modded or not, and quests are alright.

my main point about the gear grind is that there's simply nothing all that much there
there's like 7 item sets i can think of, even though you're supposed to be playing for like a hundred levels or so
you end up wearing the same gear for a very long time, with no real feeling of achievement other than a very minor enchantment once in a while

If you want combat alone, you might as well just stick to what non-autistic people play. Dark Souls series and Dragon's Dogma. Instead of trying to make Skyrim into those games.

i had no idea this exists

they don't fit into the gear grind curve at all

It does but it is rather fucky with what it picks to transmute.
I would recommend finding a mod that fixes this if you are going to use it

Even if you add more gear to skyrim, how skyrim treats gear stats won't make it better. If you are a heavy armor warrior for example, there's a sudden jump in stats right after steel armor, and hard cap on your defense. So you don't actually need to go through all 7 sets if you are a warrior, but just stick to the one you find first and upgrade them. Heavy armor skill + smithing skill remove any need to search for gear.

PS: the only fun class in both oblivion and skyrim is a stealth archer. That's the only class that all around features some good gameplay mechanics, where all skills are useful. Just don't forget to install Stealth Skills Rebalanced, or else enemies don't see you at all, since the game's stealth is ridiculously overpowered and bethesda is a trash company.

mods can only make a good game better, they can't make a bad game good.

Kek I'll just read the mod page and go to their location or add them with console commands. Worst case scenario I have to craft them. I'm not gonna waste my time grinding for abhorrent shit armor that doesn't even look cool.

TES has one thing on those games and that's the mix of stealth/combat/magic an open map with cities and mod content.

If I could I would love combat as a merge of DS/M&B with the stealth from Thief.

I love roaming open maps in an immersive game. I really miss being able to just put on my boots grab rifle/fishing rod and roaming the woods where I grew up.

Oh boy. Can't wait to take my new overpowered bikini armor from a chest near whiterun! So good for gameplay!
Most of armor mods are trash in terms of balance, even the ones that add shit in level lists. They make finding of overpowered armor even more easy.
Morrowloot is the only mod that's good for that's shitty game's balance. To make powerful equipment even more hard to find.

but then whats the point of playing

even if it was fun the questing and world of skyrim is boring.

Also it doesnt look like this mod will do anything for hand to hand fighting.

Skyrim players everyone.
Notice, that new vegas players or stalker players don't do that shit. Only skyrim players cheat like this.
I bet you run on tgm all day long, so enemies won't hurt your loli.

It's the reason I like the system to improve armo/weapons. I'll just get some I really like the look of and improve it with smithing.

All I want to know, is there a good mod for hand to hand, so you can trigger the pre animated take downs when you want? Cause all I want to is suplex people as a naked lady.

Oh gee I don't know

The whole point of vidya is fun, and grinding for things that you don't find cool is not fun. Bethesda games are cancer and only mods can make them somewhat decent. Therefore I play with mods and ignore the shit gear the game itself has to offer.

didn't think about that
in a perfect world unarmed would at the very least have been a lot faster than it currently is

You are really miserable, user.

What gets me is that Skrimz isn't even DIFFICULT. It's pathetically easy. You have to be the worst fucking player in the world to need to use console in Skyrim outside of resolving certain bugs (largely due to Gamebryo being garbage).

I have downloaded all the relevant retextures. Not for me though. Just for the NPCs.

Yes :^)
I'm having lots of fun though

What do you mean by this? Also care to expand on how it screws up leveling. I'm about to do a Requiem run so if I'm just wasting my time let me know.

Misery for Call of Pripyat presumably. It's a grindtastic "realistic" weapon un-jamming mod that makes the Silent Hill otherworld look cheery.

They both are the same in terms how artificially "hardcore" they make the game. With bullet sponge enemies and bullshit stat/damage edits.

Ah, I see.

The best example of this is the mandatory dragon encounter after you give the plot stone to that mage in Whiterun. In the base game, the encounter is laughably easy because the dragon is scaled to your level at all times.
With Requiem, the very same dragon is now level 80 or something. It has thousands of health and every little thing it does will probably kill you in one hit if you aren't also a level 80 badass with top end gear and enchantments.
The thing is, Requiem does not in any way alter the game's plot progression, so even though you have to be pretty well leveled to survive that fight, it's still set right near the beginning of the game.
The last room in Bleak Fall's Barrow is similarly ridiculous, with around two dozen Draugr crammed into it where in the base game it's just got the boss.

It's not that bad, especially with the hdt pussy and ass. Though loverslab mods are clunky as fuck, though I've fixed the majority of the issues and it has yet to crash even once.

this

That's not right.

it's always right