Who is Chris Houlihan!?!?!?

The story of Chris Houlihan is one that doubtless touches of the heart many on Holla Forums. Chris is like a brother to us all.
And being the true user that he is, Chris has never come forward and explained the details behind how he became a canonical Zelda character. He's probably ITT thinking, "It's a secret to everybody!" .. Fuck you, Chris!

Also, post easter eggs/game content that is extremely well hidden.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Houlihan
zeldauniverse.net/forums/User/27994-ChrisHoulihan/?s=1ef85188b0b18adf3625b2a3e13d30abdf1fda29
archive.is/K9OMf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In that he became the first guy to ever be cucked by Nintendo of America, yes. They saw it fit to remove any normal access to his room, which you can now access only through glitches. And he's not in the nip version at all.

There are a lot of urban legends surrounding this, but I recall reading that there was some kind of internal struggle. One faction at Nintendo was against putting a fan's name into the game, but another wanted to hold true to their word. They went back and forth on – changing the game each time – until finally the pro-Chris Houlihan faction put him in the debug room without telling the other faction.

That feel when accessed that room on my original SNES cartridge when I was

Babby's first game secret thread?

OMG u guyz!!1 Wen u put te controler in the second plug wen fiting syco mantits, the HIDEO on te scren stans for HIDEO KOJIMA!

What a thrilling and dramatic story.

WHEN YOU WERE WHAT?

A YOUNG BOY.

SAID PUT AWAY THOSE YOUNG BOY WAYS

Found his room as a kid, 14 or so. Blew my mind, I had to call the 1-900 number for Nintendo to get an explanation. Cost my uncle a pretty penny for me to find out some kid won a contest and got his name put into a Zelda game.

Did you know the Genesis version of Mortal Kombat 1 didn't have blood as default?

From the Code of Honor screen, press ABACABB, If this was done correctly, the text will turn yellow and you will hear Scorpion say "Get over here!"

Either this is sarcasm or you're an underage newfag out from summer school.

MY FATHER

You could always only access it through glitches. That's why the room exists, in case you go through a door and the game doesn't know where to warp you.

And the nip version was already out when all this happened. This was just an example of (((localization))). The same way they changed the title from Triforce of the Gods to avoid triggering christfags.

After release, yes, but it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Guess I might as well contribute.

There's an easter egg in the pinball game Airborne, but due to the game's relative unpopularity I don't think it's ever been found and documented anywhere. I have the machine in my basement but unfortunately it's broken and I don't know how to fix it.
If you name yourself something in the ranking screen it shows something special. I don't really remember how to trigger it but it was probably naming yourself DAN or ASS.

Hmm…

ARCTicuno
MOLTres
ZAPDos

When you see it…

WHERE DID THAT EXTRA "C" COME FROM

We might never know

Could Mozarct still be alive?

it wasn't much of a secret, the blood code was something none of the review magazines could stop talking about

It's odd that no one has ever come forward and talked about this. Suppose that Chris himself did not know that they slipped his name into a part of the game that can't be reached through normal means. Someone who knows him would still eventually come across his name on Zelda fansites or something, and they would make a remark like, "I know that guy!" The fact that this has not happened does not bode well for Chris.

It's almost like Kurt Zisa from KH1. No one knows who he is. Except he came to my fucking university one year to give a speech on I think economics. He's in his 20s, so it's likely to be him, but never got to ask.

I only played the Japanese version, who the fuck is Chris Houlihan?

How about you read the OP

Someone go ahead and also explain R.I.P link, the hero of rhyme in Final Fantasy 1

You fucking trap boi faggot, read the OP.

Nobody knows.

Well the solution to that is if nitendo ever decides to make HAD 2D . . . Zelda like, game . . .which is Zelda, and insert the Christ reference again, there is the hope of discovering that guy, as he might not be aware of this himself, possible theory.

Are you from there user?

I don't know I read the OP but it's pretty vague. I guess you guys love Zelda so much that you get upset when someone doesn't know who this random dude is. It still didn't answer the question as to who he is.

Some guy who won a contest for nintendo power, the prize of which was being mentioned in A Link to the Past. That's it. How are you not getting that from the OP?

Oh so he won the contest and Nintendo USA put him on the game? What a fucking loser. Even if I won is wouldn't want my name in a shitty game like this.

It was in New York, which is why I have a strong feeling it's him.

Aw fuck, is this a vintage meme thread?

Did he look like a total fucking dweeb or was he a decent human being?

THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST

The bird's name is Articuno you dunce.

Vintage memes you say?

'His Room' was actually a clever error handling technique. Its basically used as 'The default room' when the games engine can't find the proper warp ID so the player gets a 'secret room' instead of the game outright crashing. Pretty clever actually. It was probably 'cucked' as an unintentional consequence of NoAs regular bugfixing since they often patch bugs from the original Japanese version or older versions.

Regardless, Chris Houlihan probably doesn't even play video games anymore for all we know.

AWWWW YEEEAAAAH

He's pretty successful. Looks like a normal guy

He died on a fucking car crash if I remember correctly. Google proved to be fucking useless in getting any better proof other than rumors.

Its a good thing the name sort of sounds correct for the area.

Can you imagine if Carpet took you to fight Robert Standford? Or Tommy Hartman? Or Shlomo Goldstein?

This isn’t 4chan.

We don't even know that he's alive, and we have reasons to believe that he is not.

I saw that rumor during the course of my investigation. We need verification. This doesn't mean anything, since it was supposed to be in 1999, but no obituaries for the name pop up Maybe ancestry.com's rootsweb will have a death year?

meant to add in "I couldn't find an obituary with Google." before "This doesn't mean anything."

Oh please then Mr. Knowledgeable Gamer regale us with your sage like intellect about Super Mario Bros 2 really being Doki Doki Panic.

Kill yourself.

if you enjoyed this episode of did you know gaming, make sure you check out egoraptor because hes doing a lets play of zelda, a link to the past, ecks dee!

This isn't a thread for some irrelevant trivia. This is a deeply serious investigation into the fate of Chris. Why hasn't he come forward? Why is the entire web unable to ascertain his whereabouts? How is the media able to find out when Trump breathes the wrong way, but completely unable to find any sources at all on Chris Houlihan? If these kinds of deeper questions don't interest you, then I would suggest you go back to an oven, preferably

He was probably killed by the same yakuza that killed Gunpei Yokoi.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Houlihan

I thought I was onto something but the dude would've been 4-5 years old when alttp came out
The surname is Irish so that might be a hint

zeldauniverse.net/forums/User/27994-ChrisHoulihan/?s=1ef85188b0b18adf3625b2a3e13d30abdf1fda29
Could this be him?

He looks like a faggot, and faggots are generally into Final Fantasy. That checks out, but he denies being the Chris Houlihan who entered the contest.

Heh

He claims that he is the real Chris Houlihan in the thread below, but someone called him on it.
archive.is/K9OMf

I remember on baph there was a DOX guide but I can't find it now and I am too afraid to Jewgle it regardless

Anyone have it?

It will be cancer anyways
inb4 its this post

Wew

I am not Chris Houlihan. He I probably killed myself so you will never know.

La'Quavius Jones

So who is it?

Right, why on earth would the media prioritize covering the leader of the free world over a kid who got his name put in a Zelda game. Talk about your misplaced priorities.

I know, right?

Why would anyone give a shit about the billionaire owner of a shitty country with no future? They should be identifying autism instead. That's a lot more interesting, and it's not like they are covering useful shit and telling the truth anyway.