This was such an awful console, the best games on it were so meh (mario galaxy 1-2 were good...

This was such an awful console, the best games on it were so meh (mario galaxy 1-2 were good, but i sadly can't get into Zelda games despite owning almost all of them). It was my only console way too long, I remember having this while having zero games i cared about that were coming for it. I had more fun getting a ps3 to play the randomly interesting games on it, like sonic unleashed ( the wii version was the poor man's version) and the randomly interesting jrpgs.

The wii didn't even have that many cute games (like Opoona or zack and wiki, i don't like point and click adventure type games), or if they did it was so bland and badly made, like that neopets game. The shovelware was out of fucking control, there was some news article that said that retailers refused to stoke all the terrible wii shovel ware titles because no one bought them. Every media entity had to have some shamelessly laughable game on it. I love platformers, there were soo few of them on that peeked my interest on the system. The game cube actually appealed to me it had strange and interesting games along with the usual Nintendo franchise, they were usually trying something new or appealing to edge lords like me.

It was either a 5-600 dollar ps3 or a time bomb 360 (which i actually ordered from ebay, such a bad terrible decision). When i got the ps3 i hardly had fun with sonic unleashed ( that couldn't even run well breaking at 30 fps at 300 mph), i had the most fun talking to people on home.

Is it just me or did the wii really suck or am i just picky?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/5s7NB
loveroms.com/roms/nintendo-wii/?page=1
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4274035.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, Wii U and Switch suck even more than that console.
Think about how shit is nintendo.

Halfways into the Wii's life cycle, shit started getting rusty

Oh, and i forgot to mention how disappointing brawl was. Even though Smash 4 tried it's best to tease the player it was still decent even if it's not melee.

Smash 4 was fucking trash.
Trash Smash.

why?

Sin and Punishment, Xenoblade and Red Steel 2 were solid.

My Wii was basically a Radiant Dawn machine for most of it's life.

at least its a gamecube emulator too

My hopes were too high, it feels a little more sluggish, FE character overload, cloud. Colors were a bit too bright at times. New music was a bit of a letdown, save for light plane, battlefield and a handful of others.

It just didn't feel as "Smash" as the last three. I want another smash in the flavor of the 64 one.

There were some decent games for it, but the whole generation imo wasn't that good. (except for maybe the DS if you count handhelds) The problem with the Wii specifically was that it was primarily designed around its motion control gimmick with standard controls being an after-thought. The remote itself worked fine for motion-control games (though most good games didn't even make heavy use of or need them) but it was awful for any game needing standard controls.
At least the Wii was easily hackable and became an excellent homebrew/emulation machine. Considering everyone bought one for Wii Sports and got sick of it within 2 years, you can get them for pretty cheap too.
Other than that, the only official feature I liked the most about it was the Gamecube compatibility, but I still have mine. The cheaper Wii component cables are a nice plus, but I prefer turning on my GC and booting straight to the game. Navigating the Wii menu with the remote is awful. I hate having to turn on the remote just to boot a game and have it turn off after 5 seconds. What's the point? Why did they not support using the analog stick from a GC controller? (or even the nunchuck?) Unless you could softmod your Wii with BootMii to skip to the Homebrew Channel you were stuck using that awful remote.

It's it's own thing, it doesn't need to be melee, and it it tried to be melee it would fail.
yeah, i agree
Whats wrong with cloud?

How? like a more simplistic one?

I don't care about melee though, I just want the game to be as snappy as possible, it just feels like an "plastic" brawl with a shiny coat of paint, I don't like it.
Cloud bothered me because they chose him over other characters that are more presented in Nintendo games, cloud has BARELY been in any Nintendo systems, so it's kind bullshit. I really, REALLY wanted more toony characters, when I saw Pac-Man and Mega Man and Duck Hunt Dog, I got so fucking excited, sadly, that's where they ended that streak.

More stylized in a way that makes it feel like an arcade, that's the potential I saw with S4, to expand from the original. When I saw the improved colors I thought I was getting my dream game, but it was just meh at best. No matter how much I tried getting sucked into it, I just felt uncomfortable, and a bit sad.
I need to analyze this game more to jot what needs fixing, I only spent about a few 50~ total hours on it compared to other games. It didn't really stick with me, felt a bit rushed honestly.

I think it's because since it lacked what Brawl had (Subspace) and Melee (Adventure), and that was completely fine because I knew deep inside myself they'd just replace all that with something much better, of course, they never did.
I expected it to dig deep into its roots and expand a different direction akin the N64 one, but it just went to cater to the worst type of shit eating shallow smash fags that were barely a tier above competitive melee fags. It didn't feel fun, it felt kind of, formulatic. I mean, more than smash has any right to.

Congrats, you named literally the only dozen games worth owning on it. And if you were actually around when the Wii was active, imagine the pain of how long the releases for those games was spread out. Even the OG Xbox had more exclusives.

Several of those games are available elsewhere.

I didn't list the first party titles, which were all at the very least decent.
Like what? Fucking Ninja Gaiden Black, JSRF and DoA?

Most weren't for 5 or so years. But generally the ports are the best versions, i'm not going to argue that

I agree

I liked No more heros, muramasa and klonoa, and i wanted to try xenoblade, but i found out too late and it became expensive. I agree that it's there are good games, most just didn't appeal to me. Also madhouse (even if it was really repetitive). The problem is for an entire generations it's pretty underwhelming. I'm also not pretending like i don't have a lot of prejudges due to disappointment for the console.

Yeah, it was a lame popularity contest.
It's still high teir vs low tier but they've been doing an okayish job at starting to level everyone out. I didn't really miss subspace very much but it was bad that they removed just because somone leaked it, or so i heard.

The motion control shit was a boring gimmick, it got old real fast.

Last Nintendo console I ever bought.

Madworld i mean.

It was a meme console that sold well because muh motion controls, then most people realized it was just a poorly utilized gimmick and there weren't many good games for it. It also didn't help that all the Virtual Console games had shit-poor sound emulation. And it marked the moment that Nintendo really, really, really wore out its welcome. The Wii U failed, more than anything, because the Wii left such a bad taste in peoples' mouths.

I never understood why they didn't have a bunch more decent titles. It had a pretty huge user base and would have been significantly cheaper to develop for than the other two consoles. Surely there's a niche there for some solid creative titles.

Even things like multiplayer sports games could have been a massive cash cow with the right formula but it seemed like after Wii Sports barely anyone even tried.

It was a gimmick but even then they could have done more with it.

I read that there was a survey done ins some 2000s magazine that said that the majority of the wider audience that bought wii didn't buy more than a few (like3-4) games for it, while owners of the other consoles bought double it.

And Switch doesn't even have 4 games.
Genius

You have to remember western developers have always wanted to be Hollywood 2. Can't have pretty HD cutscenes on something that underpowered (Sakamoto tried his hardest though, fucker). I remember how every gaming site was throwing the most passive aggressive shit fit about the Wii selling more than the other consoles combined for a while. They really hated that console and wanted it to fucking die.

why is doggo holding her breath?

Was there a single worse console generation for shovelware? The sheer volume of crap on the Wii and DS was positively out of control. Game stores flooded with what was essentially digital sewage during its run, and the Wii Shop Channel was a fucking lawless wasteland of garbage. Devs would crop up, release one or two pieces of wagglan shit, then disappear without a trace. Slap a few stock assets onto some broken code, call it "(Royalty Free Character) Minigames/Racing/Puzzle Adventure", and trick children into paying $5 for the privilege of playing it.

I remember playing plenty of shitty PS2 games and thinking it was pretty annoying back then, but at least it was comparatively easy to find decent games. With the Wii/DS it felt like video games had just been invented all over again, and opportunistic cunts were just throwing their hat in the ring in a flaccid attempt to wring a little cash out of this new craze. Sort of like early home computers before it and the app store since, just this insane rush of talentless hacks smashing skulls on keyboards.

Not enough Gamecube controller support, tbh. Having to buy a classic controller is awful. Default controller should be a normal one.

Ps2 was just as bad. You must be remembering wrong.

The GBA also had plenty of mediocre games to go with it, I guess the difference was that they had much less exposure since it wasn't normalfags who bought the games. Carnival Games for the Wii sold about more than a million copies and it's one of the most vile games I've ever seen. The PS1 was also filled with shovelware but everyone gives it a pass because the good titles far outclass the number of shitty ones.
Though the fact they had this much shovelware also meant there were some cool hidden gems here and there. Also it brought back FMV games, which I used to be a huge fan of for how zany they were.

Pretty much any popular system is going to see a significant amount of shovelware and licensed shit. The PS2 most definitely had a lot of it as well. I think the issue with the Wii and DS though, is that they came out in seventh gen, in which a lot of casuals that might not have bothered with games prior entered the market, and a lot of companies sought to take advantage of that, resulting in both systems getting flooded. That said, both systems do have some good games buried under it all (though I'd think the DS has more games that are actually worthwhile on it than the Wii), it's just that you have to sift through a lot of trash, so to speak.

Well if you like GameCube games you definitely are picky since it runs them. Nowadays it does USB loading of them. No BC is my big hangup with the Switch. Even the Wii U kept some with the Wii, again, improved by the hackers to also play GC.

I don't like anything Nintendo does so that leaves 3rd party.

The Wii maintained a tradition of being an N64 quality console. This has been something very consistent from Nintendo, each system will have up to 30 games worth playing, less if your tastes are a bit more specific, there will be technical hitches, bad directing decisions, and very poor response to consumer concern. The N64, GC, Wii, and Wii U are all essentially the same experience, just spread out over several generations.

do some research some time, the xbox was a better console than the gamecube, wii, and the wii u. stop being a fanboy.

Fuck you all I loved Nitrobike.

Really, the best games on the Wii were games that weren't even originally on the Wii to begin with. Talking about Pikmin 1&2, as well as the Prime collection. Pikmin Wii had really good, fluent controls that surpassed the GCN versions, and Prime 1 & 2 were a lot of fun to play. Paper Mario was originally going to be on the Gamecube but ended up going on the Wii in the end, and it's really good in its own right.

the wii sucked m8, not as much as the 360 though, Nintendo at least still had some worthwhile exclussives besides Gears of War & Halo
But still goons will deffend the 360 for some reason
I get that the earlier multiplat worked slightly better on the 360 but that didn't justify suffering the god awfull control or the risk of the RRD
it worked better online but id you weren't into FPSs you were fucked
To be fair the PS3 wasn't that great either, they westernized themselves to much to try to suck shekkels from M$ Xbots
all of gen 7 was shit, the wii was gimmicky and flooded with shovelware apealing way to hard for casuals, the 260 was cancer but got money from usefull idiots and the PS3 tried to emulate the cancer to get it's slice of the cake as well

I liked the dead space light gun game, and all the light guns honestly.
Also last story was a lot of fun but not as challenging as it should be.

I give it a B+ mainly cuz I got it for 40$ at the end of its life and ripped the whole library and vconsole so I could play anything worthwhile for free, it doesn't emulate half-bad either.

Still need to beat fire emblem on it too.

Awful game series that only hypefags like.

And Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi 1 and 2, Metal Wolf Chaos, Mechassualt, Crimson Skies, Amped 2, PGR 1 and 2, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Gun Valkyrie, Steel Battalion, Breakdown, Quantum Redshift, and almost all the best 3rd party ports of that generation.

Get fucked Nintencuck.

false flag post detected

the IR sensor doesn't respond very well as a light gun. every other generation of light gun games did it better.

Personally I like it okay but I can see where others are coming from.

The Wii was a pretty flawed console. There were some good qualities:

And the bad…

Almost forgot

Are India/n/s invading this board or some shit?

Also

Ok

Virtual On is seriously the only reason I own a 360 now that Senko no Ronde's sequel is coming to the PC

2/3 of gba games were mediocre games based on shows and movies from the early 2000s that nobody remembers, and downgraded versions of other games. It's not even funny.

the best way to starve a parasite is to show them the greatest fruits and give them the bruised ones only.

Here, take this

The Wii did kinda suck except for some first party games. It would have been way better if the motion controls were the quality of Wii Motion+ at launch. Skyward Sword, Red Steel 2, and Wii Sports Resort all used Wii Motion+ really well. Instead, at launch we got the shitty "waggle instead of pressing a mutton" shit like in the Zelda TP port. It's a shame Wii Motion+ was created so late into the system's lifecycle.

Fixed

I guess that's true. I don't think I knew any white nerds with a PS2, it was like the nigger console. Also a reasonably priced DVD player for an extremely short time period where DVD players were buttfuckingly expensive.

Hate to break it to you newfag, but games were only niche if you were obsessed with them. They've targeting the widest net of people since the Atari days.

The Wii has been my least favorite console, but I quite like the Wii U. I still play Splatoon, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and even Mario Maker sometimes. I recently bought ZombiU and Resident Evil Revelations for the system I've never played Fatal Frame, but I'll get around to it so they will be next.

Breathe of the Wild bores me, sadly. I hope Nintendo doesn't fuck Switch owners up like they do everyone else. The poor bastards have suffered enough.

Nintendo hasn't done shit to switch owners. If you bought a Switch before Splatoon 2 then it's your own damn fault you only had rehashes to play.

The Wii is complete shit. The GameCube was pretty good, but the few good games on the Wii don't fucking interest me. I own one because it's a cheap GameCube with piracy. Mostly play F-Zero GX on Master when I feel like it.

You're just ignorant and you didn't bother looking for good games besides what was advertised to you directly like mario.

I remember growing up in the megadrive/snes era and everyone i know played videogames without being social rejects at all.
as said, you were a social reject only if you were obsessed with them, to the point of rejecting any other activity or social interaction.

I've had a cracked one for quite a while now but I never played many games on it.
Those are the ones I played by myself, I also completed some with my sister.

That's about it, just some food for anyone thinking of some games to play on it.

Video games should have been expensive or hard as fuck to get into. There is a reason why the PC still had games in the 80s and why everyone still considers the Neo Geo one of the best consoles.

Holla Forums, let's get real here.
What was Nintendo's last good console? Their last few consoles haven't been great.

the super nintendo.

I have to agree, now that I think about it.
Every console since N64 has been lackluster.

But the ratio of shit to good games was fucking horrible. I would say the Gamecube since it gave a lot of the old nintendo devs some real power to work with and more space than a cart could ever give so they really got to shine with games like double dash, luigi's mansion, and sunshine. Even the 3rd party support was there and gave us some solid shit like Eternal Darkness and Phantasy Star Online.

NES

N64 has a decent amount of worth while games. Not comparable to the SNES obviously but it seems lie an in between for the beginning of the end.

If by decent amount you mean about half the amount of good Saturn games and a fraction of good PS1 games.

If it weren't for Pokemons success in the late 90s, Nintendo would've sunk with the N64.

this has never fucking mattered in the long term. Look at the PS2. 500 great games. 4000 shovelware shit titles. Nobody care about the 4000 shit titles. Look at the wii u. The ratio is likely much smaller because nobody made games for the fucking thing.

The Super Nintendo might as well have 300 games but 1000 awful ones. Who cares? Are you going to be playing all 1300 games? Fuck no, you're going to be playing the good ones that interest you.

really being generous to the n64 which have its generous estimates at 30 great games.

Consoles never were good.

kys

If you're going to compare consoles to success rate you're not bringing up anything worth mentioning. N64 had a more niche library in comparison to the PS1 but why bring up console war shit? I'm only saying it had a sizable library for what you purchased. Not what was comparable to other consoles.

no, I think this is too generous. You've got things like bakugan (better on dreamcast) sin & punishment, wonder project J2, chameleon twist 1 & 2, rocket robot on wheels but you really start stretching thin. I really can't see there being more than 10 or so niche games on the n64. Most of the library is overshadowed by nintendo and rare games, but there really isn't much more than that.

-t. someone who's favorite game on the n64 is goemon's great adventure

im a retard

Here's my emulation Library for starters. And that's missing a few Bomberman and Gex games. Some are obviously flawed and over-ambitious but some of the best games are. Do more research on the library and don't be afraid to play some lesser known games. The console is full of underrated gems. Rocket Robot being the perfect example so thankfully you're on the right track. I'de say off the top of my head I could probably list 30-40 worth while games and then some within a franchise.

I have a physical saturn collection of burned discs that is 6 times as big as this, and it's not reaching with games like turok dinosaur hunter or virtual pool.

I'm well aware of the library (you look like you have a few games to discover still) and I say with 100% honesty, it's fucking small. It's pathetically small but it's become par for the course for nintendo to have such minuscule libraries of games since the n64.

I never said it was huge? It's sizable for the price you pay and I only saved the games that fit my preference. There's at least 3 times the amount I've listed that are worth playing on the library. And a lot of them are that I havn't recovered sine my Hard Drive fuckup. All you're doing is comparing it to other consoles and calling the library small when it's just small in comparison. I'm not defending the N64 library as being as large as other consoles. I'm saying for the price of the console in the time, the library wasn't to bad.

well, yes.

gotta disagree here. I think if you had just an n64 in the 90s you spent a lot of time replaying games, and if you had a ps1, you definitely weren't left waiting for something new to come out. This added up in time to make the systems libraries more interesting over time. The N64 I just don't think holds up.

Console exclusives dictate otherwise. I'm not saying it's good or anything but the amount of solid games the N64 got as well as the underrated gems it has make it worth mentioning. It's by no means a reason to shut out discussion of it as a console. It has a long list of fantastic games that made some bold decisions that shaped the industry more or less. I don't even know what we're arguing about here. If you had a PS1 in the 90's you were either replaying games because you were to young to afford them or you were taking chances by buying one of the games mentioned that might have been utter shit. The only difference is that the N64 had a smaller library. Why are you so persistent on judging a console anyway? It's not like emulating the PS1 or the N64 is that hard anyway.

i don't get your point, so what about the switch, it's still new. I'll admit that my source of "I read that there was a survey done ins some 2000s magazine that said that" isn't reliable so here is one that is archive.is/5s7NB either way it's common knowledge that the mainstream/winder audience doesn't buy games in the same way that the core audience.

You nailed it, It was so bad, i remember looking through everything and completely not caring about 95% of the games lol.

Yes, there were bad shovelware but not like the wii. I had a ps2 at launch and even in the early years there were plenty of decent games, even as a clueless preteen i was able to get dark cloud and jak and daxter without going through so many bad games.

Skim through the first 20 pages of loveroms.com/roms/nintendo-wii/?page=1 and you'll se just how abundant the terrible shovelware was.

The problem is other platforms can do what the wii was doing in terms of gameplay and doing it much better, you can get deblob on PC legally free. I feel like there was no real reason to have the Wii other than to trick people into buying it or to keep Nintendo a float. Nintendo should have died instead of sega (or instead of becoming the xbox).

>Well if you like GameCube games you definitely are picky since it runs them. Nowadays it does USB loading of them.
How so? i've only read that a hacked Wii can only emulate a GC to play USB games?

I'm really disappointed in it because it got one at launch and it completely gave up on it after a certain point, especially after brawl.

That's way better thank you.

It was the Ps1 that made video games into part of pop-culture, not the ps2, that was when they truly stopped being only for kids and appealed to normalfags. You could also say that the arcade did the same but it was always home computers that started it.

lol no, i just got sick of walls of 99% shit at game stores.

Definitely the SNES

messed up the image

I read about so many good games in Nintendo Power (RIP) that I would have never known about during that time, mainly because I'd have been lucky to find a copy nestled behind the dozens of cases containing "Family Fun 69-in-1 Party Pack".

Thank you. Back when rental stores still existed, running your finger along the PS2 aisle was so much more of a mixed bag. There was a huge variety. A crap game may not have been obvious to the naked eye all the time so you certainly ended up with your fair share of stinkers, but then you also found cool games that no one else had played that you could tell your friends about. The Wii was either Mario/Zelda or bootleg bullshit, the middle ground was so slim it often felt nonexistent.

So a…
For a guy who has such high standards when it comes to game experiences, you sure had a…

Why were you at all interested in sonic unleashed?
Even when the game came out, it was so universally mocked for it's concept, for the state sonic was currently in, and from the overall look of the game. What in your right mind got you hyped enough into Sonic unleashed that you would use it as a prominent example for this post?

You deserve whatever shitty experience you had with Gen 7, op. I hope you learned from it.

360 really wasnt that bad imo. i didnt expect to like an ms console much but i never really got bored with it, unlike the wii which was just collecting dust until the once a year or so a decent game would come along.

The biggest flaw was the PS2's success, though.

Every shovel ware game, and even some of the good 3rd party ones, would build their game around PS2 hardware first, and then port it up to Wii with a few motion controls slapped on it

I only played the good sonic games like SA1-2 and skipped the weird ones or the commonly known to be bad like Sonic '06, heros, shadow, so i was never massively dissapointed in sonic 06. I also didn't care for boring console fps games that were so popular at the time.

People (mostly reviewers/critics and those who sucked at the game) hated unleashed because it was a difficult game, with trial and error kind of difficulty at a great speed while parading a defamed mascot. The same People hated Generations for the same reasone "it's too fast" " i can't react fast enough".

IGN did a review of the game where they were playing the game badly. missing jumps when the jump signal is right in front, swerving to get rings instead of using side step.

Being able to play the levels flawlessly at 300 mph was really rewarding and it looked awesome, it's like the game is speed running itself. My favorite game isn't sonic unleashed, it's starcraft broodwar, and it has the similarity of letting the player decide how far he wants to climb the skill ceiling with a greatly rewarding endgame. being able to micro toss perfectly, macro'ing impeccably with zerg, or mastering both mechanics with terran is impressive for competitive play.

Why is unleashed a bad game? I didn't like the majority of game series in that time.

I used unleashed as an example of just how little i cared about the generation. I bought a ps3 to play a sonic game, i never touched MGS4, my standards are subjective, but low.

Why do i deserve it lol? If anything my "shit" taste should have felt at home with a shit console/platform, going by your Accusatory logic.

Sm4sh wasn't good because it was slow, floaty, and really defensive. I play Project M so I'm definitely a more competitive-minded person, but even trying to play the game just for fun is near impossible. Once someone figures out you can be campy as hell the game stops being fun. In general there are fewer combos (by design), and moves that don't seem like they should kill do (and wouldn't in previous installments). The Rage mechanic is chump charity. Single player modes suck compared to Melee and even Brawl (Subspace was pretty ambitious, looking back, and is more fun to replay in PM). We got "Smash Party" instead of something more like Smash Run was chosen for the Wii U version's special multiplayer mode.

The only thing that can save it at this point is mods. They haven't figured out quite everything Brawl mods have been able to accomplish, but maybe when they get their own Clone Engine equivalent and figure out the MSC moveset files we can get some really cool stuff going. For now, we only have F3Y, USM-eM, and Artful Landing to give us a more mechanically fun Sm4sh.

Nigger, the Wii destroyed all competition in that generation. There were mods of greatly varying quality

While I like the N64's library as a whole, I would disagree with . I can think of a few games off that were hurt by the fact that mainstream gamers did not want to play them, but mostly, the games that aren't already popular are racing games.

That's mostly popular games.

no point in homebrewing if there's nothing to play.

The Wii was great, especially since it was before everything went bad. Constant shit localizations, DLC, Amiibos, how can you not miss it?

I apologize Wii.

It was more than just reviewers. This was the game that followed up sonic 06 and IMMEDIATELY followed up sonic chronicles. expectations were as low as possible, and they were trying to sell the premise of "Sonic is a werewolf with stretchy arms"

Even when it did come out, it didn't so much prove people wrong. They were cautiously optimistic for the next sonic game, and they were right to be because Sonic Colors had all the good elements of unleashed without any of the bad ones.
And that was a Wii exclusive game.

I'm not saying you have shitty taste, but you do have shitty discretion. If you put in even a small amount of effort to find out what games for gen 7 were worth getting and worth avoiding, you would have had a much better experience.

I already mentioned there's a few dozen I haven't added to the list or even remember. There's plenty I'm sure you haven't even heard of. shit I didn't even add the Mario Party games. And finding (most) those games elsewhere is impossible.

Nintenyearolds are so fucking pathetic, my God.

There is also that side of the community that only wants 2d sonic.
It gave them more reason to bash it, it's an easy target. I remember the new larry game failed terribly and people said "he pulled a sonic", hes infamous. I sound like i am defending him or care what people think of sonic, the series has had some genuinely bad games.

I disagree, did you see the dislikes on that IGN reveiw i posted? They actually got a lot of hate for the that review. All media outlets bashed the game (video related, yahtzee doesn't like the game but accepted that he was bad at it).

It was a difficult and flawed game. The warehog parts (clearly used to artificially inflate the gameplay), the initially awkward gameplay mechanics requiring precision, these complaints could have easily been said about SA2. Playing as other characters, awkward game mechanics requiring precision (slightly wonky light dash, ramps, any "action" botton piece of the game in the speed sections).

Yes, i have sonic colors, i liked it, but it felt so a little slower compared to Unleashed, although it's a good sonic game. Yes, i see your point though, (Intentionally or not) i also see the connection of my burried indifference/disappointment with the wii with people's dismiss of flawed unleashed. I agree that there are good experiences to be had with both though. i'm enjoying Donkey Kong country returns right now and next is xenoblade.

True.
Yes, i definitely i need to have better information before i make emotionally charged decisions/complaining.

whenever someone says something this dumb i just want to mention this

video games were mainstream long before you were picked in your school cafeteria for playing final fantasy 3 instead of donkey kong country and mortal kombat

You realize the Wii was one of the most popular consoles in history right?

Are you going to deny that USB Loader GX was the best indie game hit of that generation? You probably didn't even make it past the first level.

essentially the only reason to turn on a wii post 2010

You mean picked on? Regardless if pacman was poular, it was were still considered a toy/children's medium. Video games were popular before, but the ps1 made changed it for better or worse.

That doesn't negate the image,

the continued proliferation of video games from the super nintendo and onwards did this. It's retarded to try and ascribe blame to something that was going to only be getting bigger and bigger anyway. It doesn't solve anything and it's a wasteful tactic.

and yes I do mean picked on, my mistake

It wasn't just that it got even more popular, even if it did, it was that it changed the public perception of games.

You know you're really quick to use these words before you can even argue your point well lol

The Wii was supposed to be about casual games, but developers took that to mean 'making games for the retarded'. Instead of coming up with accessible control schemes (which really all games should strive to have), they came up with stupidly simple control schemes. They also sacrificed depth in gameplay to appeal to the lowest common denominator. It really speaks to the low opinion that many within 'the indusry' have of consumers who don't buy their shit.

I could talk a lot of shit about New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but at the end of the day, it's a proper video game with good gameplay, accessible controls, and a fairly short game length. The people who they were trying to sell trash like Wii Play to bought it in droves. Those people didn't want games that required no effort whatsoever. They just wanted games that weren't 200 hours long with control schemes that require months of practice to master. In conclusion, all it would have taken to improve the Wii's attach rate is software that doesn't belittle the very people they hoped to whom they to sell it.

Hey, it was better than the Wii U. Unless you count the Wii's games as effectively being part of the Wii U's library. Which of course would make the Wii U a better console.

Honestly though, the Wii was a solid console. It had a decent amount of good games, kinda. The gimmick was used well in a bunch of places, Dead Space Extraction, Tournament of Legends and Skyward Sword would of been better with GameCube controls tho come to mind. It was just okay. Especially compared to the GameCube. GC was amazing but had very little good games like the Wii. But the Wii could play GC games so there was really no point in having a GC if you had a Wii.

Wii was also great for softmodding.

If I may continue displaying my samefaggotry, the articles about the Wii U's failure were obnoxious.
The Wii U has no value, libshit dog! It was a piece of horse shit from day one! Who in their right mind would buy a console for Nintendo Land or a 2D Mario game that looks exactly the same as the previous one? The question those writers were asking is not, "How can Nintendo communicate the value of the Wii U?" but rather, "How can we turn ordinary people into hardcore gamers who buy everything - regardless of whether or not it's good?"

I doubt that.

You're on Holla Forums, one of the two places on the internet where people would bother to git gud enough to play at that level. Why is there reason to doubt?

This game is not good and it baffles me that it always makes list of good Old Xbox games.

From what I remember from previous very short discussions, I think there are many people here that did it. It's not particularly complicated, you just have to learn how to slide around corners properly. It's impossible if you don't do that. Just keep playing and you will get it eventually if you are always trying to improve. The technique that I ended up using and honing after playing for a shitload of weeks involved both triggers whenever you turn. If you are turning right, press left first, and then right. Learn how to control the slide properly. Never stop accelerating, of course. When you can dominate one difficulty, then move on to the next. Lower difficulties actually allow you to play with poor technique, so you should always try to move up, even if you fail miserably and have to come back to the previous difficulty for a while. Also, no acceleration. Speed only.

I originally did it with the Hyper Speeder (C/C/A/1460 kg), and then with the Mighty Typhoon (C/A/D/950 kg), and they are both pretty similar, so they are my personal recommendations if you want to give this a shot. Now I just try to play the game with other machines whenever I play it. Don't pay too much attention to their stats. Just try shit out, because stats really don't say all that much about how it actually feels, and about how much you will actually like it. Of course, don't even watch speedruns. They won't help. You don't have the skill to do the shit that those people do, and you can do it normally.

I never did it on X, though. Something about how GX feels makes it easier for me. X might just be harder and I just suck.

Kinda off-topic, so I will just tell you to stop playing baby Nintendo games and go play F-Zero immediately. Play all of them. Don't expect to get anywhere quickly. It takes weeks to do anything, but they are the most fair games that you will ever play. Take some fucking breaks and then come back. Sometimes it actually makes you better, for some reason.

If something is addictive and you keep coming back to it, you can beat it. I think I beat the first Ninja Gaiden shortly before I played GX. That son of a bitch took years to beat. Way too many ragequits. Did it again right after the first time, without dying against the final bosses. That game is different, though, because it's complete bullshit, and all about muscle memory. Probably shouldn't give tips or I might look autistic.

If it was a good console it would have more than a dozen good games and underrated gems
It is, the library was shit
Stop fanboying, it didn't.
Yes, like showing how retardedly insular and up their own ass Nintendo is.
You have no idea how retarded you sound.

Oldfag here

7th gen consoles killed vidya for me

PS3

microshit360
me and my buddies went in together…..we went thru 4 of them in 2 years…we got really good with the process of shipping it back to microsoft

Wii

10 years later

At least the other consoles were functional, AND not one talked about it, it was insane, when you did were just called a fanboy. My cousin went through 3 xboxes and he still bought the 360 lol

I know, you said console. I'm fucking with you.

Back then I thought they all sucked and they did. But 10 years later I'd have to say PS3 came out the winner.

Wii doesn't even have HD

wait a min

So youre saying the original xbox had issues too?

That hilarious, especially considering I had an original xbox red ring on me as well (at the time it was rare, my friends hadn't heard of anyone else getting RROD on original xbox)

I meant the 360, but some original xboxes did have problems with the power brick catching on fire.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4274035.stm

Hyper Speeder is babby mode, anyone could beat F-Zero GX Master mode with it. All you have to do is hold down both shoulder buttons on a turn and voila, you're suddenly locked to the track like a go-kart with full control. Add a decent base speed and basic knowledge of momentum turbo and you'll be blasting into first place every single time. The true challenge comes in, like you said, getting to the point where you can be comfortable with trying out new machines and their quirks. Get to the point where you know the games basics inside and out, and congratulations, you now have a shot at Master story mode. Godspeed, and I hope you come back alive.

Good to see another user who also loves this series. It's masterfully crafted and endlessly fun, and it kills me a little bit when people just treat The Captain as a Smash Bros meme. Must be how JoJo fags feel. I'm in a similar boat with F-Zero X, if only because I need an N64 joypad to do well and I don't even own the console at the moment. I would seriously buy one just for that game at this point, honestly.

I need more pictures of Jontron with subs from Arab TVs overimposed on him

Yeah that whole fiasco was simply inexcusable. My first one held up for about 2 years (and was actually great fun) until it went tits up. By that stage they had finally fixed it and the next one I got still works fine now. Only bothered cause I could get it JTAG'ed from someone locally for cheap.

Is does?
lol

Lol scrub. It's easier than PS1. You just drag and drop the file and play. Even Romhacks are a breeze. The hypocrisy is real.

I just like to think of it as 'Gamecube 2' with added controls and better graphics, instead of nursing-home-baseball-simulator. That helps me accept the 5 or so games on there that were quality.

This. Also the PS2's success with both hardcore gamers and normalfags gave Nintendo a reason to make their consoles underpowered and gimmicky.

The Wii did suck but if you didn't play MH Tri while it had online support then you suck too.

Shut the fuck up you fucking nigger you ain't old.