Dungeons and Dragons

Let's get a Dungeons & Dragons thread going.

What are yer favorite D&D vidya games?

Discuss

Are there any lesser known D&D Games on PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

dndbeyond.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>>/tg/

i played and finished pool of radiance 2 a while ago and i must say it was a blast despte the tedious oneshot beginning
people didnt like taht DnD for a reason

went on to Temple of the Elemntal evil and it was too much *miss* for my taste

ToEE because it's one of the very few games that actually tries to be D&D unlike shit like bladder's gates.

how do you manage encounters you are not suppose to engage early in the game? trial and error?

I've been wanting to try this. Is that patch fixes all the bugs simply a bugfix patch like I'm hoping, or does it add "balance changes" as well?

*that fixes

Sleep plus Reach weapons.

As a D&D experience? Demon Stone, probably.

How barbarous.

>Forgotten Realms Sword Coast campiagn
everytime

what edition is that?

Vaguely 3.5 but you've got unlimited rerolls.

DDO. 3.5e rules and a bit too much magic, but still breddy gud.

It's both Circle of Eight and Temple+.
Co8 mostly adds new stuff, T+ bugfixes, engine fixes, more feats and all around makes the game better.

3.5, got them after 4 rerolls.

dndbeyond.com/

This is pretty neat.

I used to have a friend who played with me, we always made the highlander glitch.

On that note, why is the jargon in dnd utterly stupid? Its like they went through fifty year old thesauri to find the dumbest sounding alternatives to common words.

I mean, its not supposed to take place in current year.

DAE here watch Critical Role? I watch that shit whenever I can. I love their storytelling abilities.

well that reroll thing sounds retarded; you shouldnt ever be able to get lvl 1 stats that high unless its a special race for a special campaign or something

Like what? Any English-language rulebook that wasn't translated into English should be perfectly understandable, if you're reading up on rules. And most core books of the various DnD/not!DnD don't go too crazy in-depth.
Sage for no contribution.

Sure you can. 3d6 in order as Crom intended. It'll be rare, but it can happen.

When weren't you?

A shame that almost all tabletop podcasts are run by some sort of cali diversity mafia. I used to watch RollPlay Solum but it died. Now watching Death From Above (battletech) tho the people involved can be cringey as fuck.

Good, that module is overrated shit, functionality be dammed.

Also
But why?

The only good D&D games is Shadow Over Mystara and the one before it.
Exactly because they don't follow retarded rules.

Does might and magic count as DnD games?

If you roll 3 6's when rolling your stats you can have 18 from level one. When hasn't that been the case?

SotU+HotU Wizard with Fairy familiar and the mod that turns off the Fairy sound effects. Most fun I've had with a d&d game.

Still waiting on a VTMB style Drow game set in some underdark city.

No way fag.

Neverwinter Nights 2.

My niggers.

AD&D 1st edition is best edition.

I don't know if "tries" is really the word for this, when they decided to go so far off script in terms of things like enemy stats. They could have left that alone and balanced the encounters differently but decided to go for the "video game experience" instead. If memory serves, D&D Tactics on the PSP was actually a more faithful interpretation.

I haven't found(U+200B was here) a decent DnD game yet that gives you the level of freedom with multiplayer that the actual tabletop game does. I would much rather spend my money on that than DnD video games and always did when i was younger.

Pathfinder is better

.>>13095290
And you probably won't in your liftetime.

The alignment system usually doesn't work because people are faggot special snowflakes.

In lore the alignment system works kind of like how humorism and the five temperaments works:
A man who wishes to acquire power and tramples over everyone else but still retains some sort of fucked up sense of honor is considered Lawful Neutral in DnD or Cholericus in real life

lawful evil*

fuck right off

The Skyrim or roleplay.

I want a modern RPG that allows point and click adventure style interactions. Less contextual stuff and more emergent interactions.

Good. I like it this way.

It doesn't work because the books they lifted Law/Chaos as a moral conundrum from used it instead of Good/Evil, not also.

MAXIMUM BROFIST!

Baldurs Gate 2. Long ago I modded it to re-balance everything. Removed AC bonus from most armor, instead gave armor proper damage reduction/negation based on damage type. Removed most silly class restrictions (X can't use swords…for reasons). Added new items, etc..

The feel was perfect.

This guy has balls of steel.

NWN. Most other RPGs feel underwhelming in comparison.

What way would that be?

half orcs are best race, elf fuck boys need not apply

Still has too much Int for a paladin fam.

So why are combat clerics such SHIT in ToEE?

War/Strength is fuggin shit.

Good joke.