Warhammer 2: Not enough shekels

You idiots bought TW warhammer an unfinished game
How does it feel to get fucked by an unfinished game and instead of finishing it with dlc they just bring out another game? Your asses must be bleeding heavy after getting fucked so hard.

Just wait for Total Shekelhammer III :^)

- Game ran perfectly ob day 1
- Never Bad issues with Denuvo
- Factions are actually distinct
- Warscape problems reduced as much as possible
- Game is actually good

Stay buttmad, fags.

As a total war fan I wholly and fully realize creative assembly/sega are rat faced kikes with zero respect or care for their "customers", but what can you do when such massive cock sucking, sheckle shuffling fucks hold a monopoly on the genre you have grown up on and loved?

No 40k, no 40play

I played Warhammer tabletop for 15 years and I played and loved every TW game up till Rome 2.
That one was enough, fuck 'em, I've reached my limit for eating shit.
Much as I've been tempted I'm never giving those cunts a cent of mine again.

Glad to see I was right in this.

Warhammer fags are almost as bad as weebs when it comes to lowering standard.

What the fuck. They're charging $60 for a total conversion mod.

Hi Kaldy.

But user, it's a mod made and curatd by the developers

Not give them money to rape something you claim to love?

TWW is classic Warhammer Fantasy, so by definition its not as lore-rapey as it could have been.

They announced that they would do this day one.
Are you retardeded?

I think you are the one who lost

This. They announced it will be a trilogy from the very start. Which is why I decided not to get it from the very start.

I remember them saying this was going to happen.

Wont buy that garbage tho. I'll stick to tabletop.

"muh early access"
"muh dlc fest"
"muh denuvo"
"i can't believe how angry starting a thread i don't like makes me"

Im not angry tough, im so smug atm that i feel truly enlightened. Stop eating shit and blaming me for telling you that it will taste like shit and still eating it to prove me otherwise saying "its not shit" with tears in your eyes from the shit taste in your mouth haha

So is the first one even worth pirating? I like Rome and Medieval 2 and that's about it for my experience with total wawa

but i enjoyed the game and have no regrets. sounds like you're projecting

What?

Is Shogun 2 the last good Total War game?

i also enjoyed the total war series but supporting any total war game after rome 2 is just asking for the game industry to get even shittier. I would have a little bit of respect for you left if you pirated, but give them money to shit into your face. That is the reason you're beneath me.

You sure showed him :^)

It's called an expandalone. Absolutely outrageous.

Except Chaos, none of the DLC factions were remotely interesting. Are you that keen on playing effeminate elves and the furry faction?

After pirating Total Wawa I got curious about the other TW games and tried Shogun 2 because it seemed like the best received of the newer ones. I'm actually kind of shocked by how much better it is than Wawa, it looks great, has higher unit sizes, a lot more content, runs smoother and has more depth. I think the only reason Wawa got more attention was because of Warhammer normalfags and dobungo.

It's funny how everyone forgets Empire, a glitchy broken unfinished literally unplayable pile of feces that is still the worst Total War game to this day. Rome 2 was a massive letdown but at least they patched it into a decent game.

Support any total war game period will do that. The only good studio was Brisbane and they're dead. None of your money is helping the industry.

Also everyone in this thread is a fucking retard.

I still fondly remember when every TW thread was populated by the same three or four shills that kept informing us of all the new DLC (and there was a lot of DLC) and replying to each other with empty inanities to keep the thread bumped.

Meh its worth a pirate
Ive been enjoying it so far

Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are considered to be the best TW games in the franchise, and also the ones with the most active and ambitious mod community.

The first Shogun and Medieval is also worth a play because it has some mechanics not present in later titles (like fog of war and the ability to betray your ally in the middle of a battle). Beyond that there's Shogun 2, that while flawed, was still polished to a high degree. After that it all goes to shit really.

Might as well ask here, is it worth my time to play Retribution or should I just stick to DoW1 with all expansions?

what warhammer has is a conservative number in the grand scheme of things

Except that never happened and every WaWa thread was instead flooded with Denuvo autists, Rome 1 autists and general shitposters.

Weird, huh?

Top kek, any screens or thread archive of said shills? Sounds hysterical.

Medieval II was the last game I ever got hyped for. I still have my original disc and box too. Got Kingdoms, Rome I and BI, as well as Med/Sho I. Med I to Med II is great. Shogun II is where I'd end, though. I got Empire as a birthday gift = turned me off the franchise for good.

After Medieval II came out, I pretty much gave up on gaming as a whole. When you can get some fine Med II mods for free, who the fuck needs actual vidya? I can't be bothered to get into Warhammer anyway because I don't care for that universe.

I pirated the first game and it's safe to say it wasn't worth the wait. I played it for 3 days, didn't really have much fun, and uninstalled. The load times wore insane, and the battles didn't feel right, I can't explain it, maybe it was the shitty no collision engine or meh soundtrack.Won't even pirate TWW2.

Man I sure am glad they got a hold of it!

Do skeletons still have morale?

You really didn't miss much. Reskinned Atilla mostly.

Yes, but it's called something else. And like 99% of the other armies it only comes into play once the general is ded. Also that was shitty bait and you should be ashamed.

I bought and played the first game and all the dlc and I do not regret that. I will do the same for the second and third games.

Cry some more about other people having fun faggot, it wouldn't be Holla Forums without joyless fucks like you.

I wouldn't know because I didn't buy it for that exact reason. CA said from Day 1 on that TW: Warhammer would be a 3 part series and the full game would consist of all 3 games together. And I knew of the DLC policy from the very beginning because I got fucked in the ass by Rome 2 back then, also I watched the Chaos trailer. I'll buy it when it's >20 bucks in the steam sale with all Expansions included. Why do you assume that everyone here is a retard?

Why would you even bother buying it. The game isn't even good. They still haven't fixed the retarded AI or the shit physics, and the balance is all over the place.

Who knows maybe it's good when it's finished. If not then I won't bother.

No
But if they sustain too much damage or are left alone for too long they "crumble" aka lose soldiers in the unit

No I didn't

I don't knwo since I never played it. How does it feel to be so pathetic you have to project a sense of superiority over other people for not buying a game?

Did you forget Shogun 2's blood dlc so quickly? Retard.

So the usual poor performance, lengthy load times, and the usual downside of Total War games?

I have actually played it after pirating it .
>Load times go from 10-30 secs depending on how big the battle is. I have an RX480 and an I7 so your's may differ depending on your system

If have any questions then ask, it's an alright game. I would definitly not recommend buying it just because of CA's extreme jewry in splitting up a game into 3 parts, then splitting those parts into dlc.

I'd argue that those are the usual downsides to having a toaster but brain-dead AI, dumb forced mechanics and washed out factions that more or less play the same are there.

Good one. It's not like Reikland is the default faction of which ¬30-40% of the map is based on or anything. The magic needs the overcharge shit if it's offensive, the defensive/buffing abilities though are unbelievably powerful.

Meh. This franchise is kinda expensive, but I've put 300 hours into Total Warhammer 1 so I figure it must be worth it. I dunno if you guys have tried to animate things before. Especially when the faction has tons of non human creatures. It's, you know, kinda time consuming, coming from a guy who has made a few simple games in his spare time. That's why Bretonnia was free – they re used a lot of the animation rigging from Empire. Do I wish they would be less autistic about their pursuit of Hollywood esque bullshit and massively budgeted graphics? Yeah, but I do admit that Minotaur Bowling is amusing as fuck.

Actually, they are adding 4 player campaigns. That's a pretty big change. And something I will probably spend at least another 100 hours on.

I thought this because I too got Chaos on launch, but I was actually rather pissed once I played the other DLC because it seems almost like Chaos had the least thought put into it. No options on the world map for concealing your troops at all, not even ambushing, even though you're vulnerable as fuck. Turns early game into a slog unless you just go kill Dwarves because the mountains protect you from everyone else. Once you get a retinue of heroes surrounding and protecting your hordes it's all right, but what really annoyed me is how much easier Beastmen have it on the map. Fucking hide all the time and if they encamp they are literally impossible to find or attack. I guess their army makeup is arguably weaker, but not by a tremendous amount. My favorite DLC factions are Bretonnia and Clan Angrund because vanilla Dwarves are just too easy.

This is false
Its actually the second best Warscape game behind Shogun 2 and if they keep the engine fixes on futue historical releases it will all be worth it.

Who was op quoting?

I meant the factions you can play as, but it does sense for the Empire-Type humans to control all that clay since that's where the empire is in the Warhammer fantasy lore.
I agree on the magic but it's something that served better on the tabletop than in game. They took "liberties" to give skellies ranged troops which they didn't have in the tabletop but they couldn't take liberties to add more spells or even balance the current ones.

Shogun 2 was good, but every other Warscape game turned out shit, so you're it's like saying "It's not as good as the cake, but it's better than shit"

pic related

My computer isn't the greatest, I'll admit, but it isn't a chump either. It can still play most games on highest settings, but Total War games generally have issues.

Yep, I thought this too. I didn't play any Total War game except Shogun 2 after Medieval 2, which I enjoyed a lot, but Empire and all the Napoleonic ones just seemed boring as fuck. I was also disappointed by Rome 2 which I played on a friend's computer. Then I saw the gameplay features were adding to shake up the formula, and I decided to take a risk because it seemed like it might actually be good. It does not help that I am a gigantic fucking neckbeard for Warhammer. I am also in a WHFRP 2nd edition PnP campaign, for example. I'm genuinely pleased with how the gameplay came together although like I said, in the end Chaos' design (which I was looking forward to the most) disappoints me. They really need god-themed world map bonuses which they can choose at a minimum.

Also, I am a multiplayer whore, which is why I bought it. Sage for double post

To put things into perspective if you used that logic Austria would share the unit roster with the Teutonic Order, the Protestant League, Hussites, Northern Italy, Southern Italy, Switzerland, Hungary (Kingdom) and arguably also Spain and Denmark (Kingdom). The punchline is how that would be less bullshit than this.

And since when are skeleton archers not a thing in WHFB?

Skeleton Archers are a thing but only for Tomb Kings who also have skeleton horse archers and skeleton archer chariots. Vampire Counts however do not use archers.

uwot
It's age of smegmar.

Napoleon was decent
Warhammer is good

Stop posting

Honest question, do you actually know anything at all about classic Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar? Because I can only imagine you're just regurgitating what you've seen other uninformed people say before you.

I'm pretty sure its the same autist
Hes made that claim in a similar manner countless times

I mean it's Games Workshop. Anyone on /tg/ could have told you that something like this was bound to happen. Daily reminder that the old world is gone and Age of Smegmar is here to stay.

I miss the good old days.

(checked)
Yeah there's no way he's not baiting. It's not like you can confuse Age of Strife for Fantasy Space Marines.

All the factions feel like they are only 40% complete. Empire should have more province management and election mechanics to simulate the lords. For example you should be able to raise levies from your local lords. Chaos needs the dedicated units, there are mods that add them but CA still refuse to. Elves need some other fucking mechanic than amber currently it's just a certain amount of points you get to spend on upgrading the world tree, could have made them more turtly in the campaign map, make orcs and beastmen target them and make it hard as fuck to expand. Brettonia is actually quite well done with the peasant mechanic but it needs more stuff to do with the enchantress. Orc WAAAGHS are really fucking underwhelming since you don't get control of the allied army that spawns. Vampires are actually alright.

They should have gone crazy and add so much more in the game. just add insane amounts of units to each faction and make unique locations for each province (imagine the giant cannon in middenheim actually being used) and make the Kharaks function more like a maze which would complement the dwarfs who built them. It has a shitton of potential that CA could have used to heal the wound left by Rome 2 .

It's more like saying Austria would have similar units to all of Germany since that's what the Empire is in Warhammer. I was thinking of Shogun 2 which had very little unique units, but yes, they should have really added new models to Middenheim (Whitewolf companies) and to Nuln which could have used new musket troops. Kislev could have cossack-esque troops, all of which you could recruit when you captured that city. It would also add more variety to the Empire.

You sure about the units warping in thing?
In S2, i thought the units were warping in under the Fog of War, but once i started using agents to actually scout, I could see the AI building the units in the cities.
Sure the AI has way too much money for how much land it holds, but that's par for the course on game AI.
otherwise good round-up.

nigger, crumbling turns on when the leadership(aka morale) is broken , it's even written on the unit decription.
Also undead not only have morale but also can get tired except it has fancy name (they go from infused through fading to debilitated).
stop shilling

Im not shilling retard
Mechanic is almost the same but its still not a morale, units without morale rout and try to escape battlefield
Undead units never rout, they just lose HP

Bullshit because Vampire Counts don't have ranged troops in TW:W, unless you count magic casting from VCs/Necros (which are limited because of Winds of Magic). They have plenty of fliers, monstrous units, and cavalry for mobility, though. The one "taking liberties" thing I'll definitely grant is Foot Squires, they don't exist on tabletop in any iteration, the closest thing being the tournament foot knights.

Got the game as part of humble monthly bundle, actually the most fun I've had in Total War since Medieval 2, with the most variety in gameplay and more modding than ETW, Shogun 2, or release Rome 2 had (though the last one I bought was ETW). Still not as good as M2 for modding though, wish CA would just loosen their iron grip (but they're probably scared because people make incredibly good skirmish battle factions with what little is given overall, like the Tomb Kings). Magic is hit or miss, some spells can have devastating effects if used right (Burning Skull+Artillery on the enemy's troops held up by your melee line is a morale smasher), but generally don't turn the tides of battle in most instances. Still CA is extremely kike-like in terms of DLC, but most of the factions are fun to play and are different, though the ones that came out on release need a revamp (Empire and Chaos especially, Greenskins somewhat, Dwarves are still solid).

Agreed on mechanics lacking fleshing out overall though, especially on the base game factions. Wood Elves definitely need some work when it comes to Amber. It's fun overall, but the campaign map side of things tends to suffer. CA seems to be getting the right idea with the 2nd game though. Rosters are mostly complete, but they haven't shown us enough campaign gameplay to see what each new faction has uniquely. Empire needs a free DLC that adds state troops like Hochland Long Rifles to make early conquest/confederation the way to go.

You're over an year late with your h8thread mate, everyone knew about this even before 1 got released, and no one gives a shit since the game has denuvo which makes it automatically shit anyway.

The worst thing is is that the game has lots of potential but I can never see CA doing anything with it. Modders will most likely fix it eventually since we already get stuff like the Radious mods which just add lots of variety to the base game but CA blocked modders from adding there own assets to the game. The best we can do is have units resized, reskinned, or have their weapons swapped about. These games thrive on mods and I really can't see any sane reason for blocking them, the game has Steam Workshop for fucks sake so they know that mods help them but it's like they don't trust modders to truly go crazy. My theory is that some high-up exec thought that if they allowed modders to do whatever they want, people would just mod in the extra factions and we'd already have the whole warhammer world playable but that would ruin the rothschild-tier jewry scheme they have

PARTIAL WARHAMMER

radious mod is shit. It doesnt add variety it destroys it by giving every faction 10000 new units which no one ever asked for and which usually are a rape of the lore, in the end no faction has any weaknesses and strengths anymore because everyone has a unit for everything.

Absolutely disgusting. Steel Faith is the only acceptable overhaul mod.

This user is correct. Total WaWa is easily the best Total War game since Medieval 2. Though I won't deny the siege battles are the absolute worst of the entire franchise and the DLC is kike-tier.

Oh, that's good.

Trying to think where this sort of kikery came from and my gut says Gookcraft 2.

I like Total Warhammer though.

It's gud.

Waiting for complete version.