Naev and Endless Sky

Naev and Endless Sky both have new releases! Has anyone fallen into these Escape Velocity-like autism traps recently?

Naev 0.7.0 Release:
blog.naev.org/2017/07/naev-0-7-0-release/

Endless Sky version 0.9.7:
github.com/endless-sky/endless-sky/releases/tag/v0.9.7

Endless Sky is great.

Personally, I like Naev a bit more since it has mouse control and an actual soundtrack. But ES has made a lot of progress.

What's with EVERY space game ever having to open with a white text on black screen of some "intellectual" quote?

You can skip it if you want.

I'm opening it to white text on black screen of this post.

thought you had
there for a second
so what is so special about these games?

they're freetard games inspired by the Escape Velocity series which to this day holds a special place in the hearts of some spess games fans

Especially Macfag diaspora.

Modern Avara clone never

so what's is so special about this games? are they free as in free beer?
t. spess fag myself

I've heard that the Russian Space Rangers series plays somewhat similarly, with a bit more commercial polish. Are they any good?

SR are nothing like these. They're phase-based to begin with, have CYOA type missions and a much more dynamic and persistent universe. Very good games imo.

Both are free as in beer and Speech, In fact, I think they are both under the same version of the GPL.

And unlike most freetard game clones, these are both pretty decent.

I played the shit out of Nova, it was pretty fucking comfy. Wanted to get into Endless Sky but my toaster doesn't have opengl3 support.

Did you try Naev?

bump

Why is it taking Endless Sky so long to get a soundtrack together?

A 3D EV Nova clone?

Looks promising

They're both good. Though each takes the formula is a slightly different direction.

Beware the Dong nebula. Bad things happen in that place.

One of the greatest games ever.