Games that react if you try really hard to get stuck

Both Raidou Kuzunoha games

Advance Wars Dual Strike

I remember in .hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth, Silabus and Gaspard (the first two players you get to add to your party) are really leery to believe that the level 1 character they've encountered is indeed Haseo, the infamous Terror of Death, and not just some new player that's fashioned their character after him, much to Haseo's annoyance. Anyhow, during the dungeon they join you for, Haseo keeps going on about how he already knows how to use Skill Trigger and Rengeki at that point, being a veteran player despite his character having been "initialized". If you readily perform each action, they start to have earlier doubts that Haseo is actually a new player after all, and if you fail to perform them, they (or at least Gaspard) smug at you about how you really must be a new player, to Haseo's increasing annoyance.

That's interesting, but it doesn't seem related to getting stuck.

It's not so much actually getting stuck, sure, but the game itself noting your screw up from a script/presentation perspective. I just found it a neat point that the game actually acknowledges the difference between the two.

I want to say there's a specific scene in FF9, or maybe it was 7 or 8, where you're forced to spend money on something and if you don't have the money a completely different hidden scene occurs that I can't find anywhere. I'm almost positive it involved Quina but I have no fucking clue what it is and kinda find anything about it anywhere.

Dark souls 2 has something in the shrine of amana to restore humanity if you run out of effigies I guess, but given its location I'm more inclned to see it as a middle finger than a sign of being thorough.

Armored Core 2 gives you some free upgrades if you lose a bunch of times in the beginning.

Better out than in I always say

All the original games did that.
It's called the Human Plus experiment.

Essentially, you end up owing so much money that they're not going to just let your character die. You lose everything. Including your name , in the first few anyway.
They will rebuild you.
They will make you stronger.
They will make you faster.
They will make sure you earn those credit.
How else will you impress your waifu?

Golden Sun 2 has a section where a character leaves your party temporarily. You need to use a key item during this section and it's possible the missing character was holding it. It's unlikely this character will be holding it, as it was obtained very early (the first dungeon) and the character joins relatively late while there's no reason to put it in his inventory (except the 15 item inventory limit, 7 slots of which is used on basic equipment). There's actually a unique cut scene if you run into this situation that removes the need for the key item.

you also need to have beaten all the dlc, after visiting it once as long as you're wearing one of the crowns you can't go hollow

OH FUCK Raidou 2! Fuck its conversation mechanic! Fuck it so hard!
I'm still fucking mad.
Raidou 1 > God > Allakh >>>> Piss > Shit > Fallout 4 > Raidou 2
I fuclking hate raidou 2

Katamari Damacy did that with the devs sending a message through the King of all Cosmos if you ever got out of bounds. Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom had a hand that would stop you when you went into impossible areas and I believe some older FPSs would do something like that when you couldn't move out of corners and it is exploited in speedruns.

In Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn the Black Knight joins your team for about the final 2 or 3 missions of the first part of the game. He was one of the main antagonists in Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and he's so damn strong that he's almost invincible.

However, if he somehow does die (which is extremely hard to do since he could solo the stage), the MC will question if he was actually the Black Knight and the game will end.

I've only played Sacred Stones but is this just something Fire Emblem does is give you one knight who can anchor most of the map?

FE always has you start out with a promoted character, but Black Knight is a bit different.

Yes, but Seth is an exception because he can anchor most of the map through the entire game.

In the first Mass Effect getting to Virmire requires you to have at least one squad member that isn't Ashley or Kaidan. You can get there with only Wrex, Liara, Kaidan and Ashley, intentionally piss off Wrex and not have enough persuasion points to not have him killed. So, since the game relies upon you having two squadmates, instead of dying Wrex just clumsily says that you are in charge and that's that.

XD

Both Portals (and the Stanley Parable where they just steal the code from Portal).

I love you

Same happened with FE7 and FE4. Marcus and Sigurd respectively. They start out good, but they're pretty weak endgame. Whereas some bad characters gradually become stronger than those good characters you train them. Priscilla was a dope mage in my playthrough and she solo'd most od the bosses.

In Phantasy Star 3 you could use an escapipe to get stuck right in the beginning of the game. You'd have to sell all of your gear to afford the pipe, and then you'd have to use the escapipe when you're tossed into prison. The king would commend you for your retardation.

That was a good one.

Come to think of it, doesn't the recently released Persona 5 also charge a small amount for public transit? I wonder if they thought of something for that scenario too

kek

they only charge you for going to the optional places, going to school, house and dungeons doesnt cost a dime.

Chip's Challenge would ask if you wanted to skip a level if you died too many times

That reminds me that a remake of all 3 games has been announced.

resident evil 4 gets easier if you keep dying.

I think one of the gigantes doesn't even spawn if you have a low enough accuracy rate.

Thats kind of disappointing.