So in a few years do you think Hollywood will try to make shit yet popular videogames movies that in no way reflect the...

So in a few years do you think Hollywood will try to make shit yet popular videogames movies that in no way reflect the game just like how they are doing with raping comic books right now?

Wrong board, faggot. Check'em

I know niggers can't read but try to sound out the words of the OP.

They already make resievil and an asscreed movie. There was a ratchet and clank movie not too long ago. A hitman movie. Dunno if theyre making anything new though.

What?

Sony wants to make a SEGA cinematic universe IIRC. There's that Sonic movie plus a Streets of Rage movie and a Rent-A-Hero in production.

Videogame movies tend to be pretty shit even to normalfags though. Assassin's Creed didn't do so good, and that's extremely popular in the mainstream.

I have bad news for you OP

you forgot the warcraft movie that raped the lore hard.

Basically all vidya movies rape lore and characters to the point it cant even be in the same universe anymore.

I think MK1 didn't rape anything. I actually think MK2 didn't rape anything either despite being a shit movie.

There are MK movies?

You're missing out

Yes, watch the first one.

Video games will at some point get their own The Dark Knight Rises and following that everyone will go OH VIDEO GAME MOVIES ARE SUPER MATURE NOW DUDE and we'll have all sorts of fucking trash being made about Video Games.
The question is what will that Dark Knight Rises movie be about?

The assassins creed movie is the worst fucking thing I've seen in a while. Nearly everything looks fake as shit, the action is jumpcut incarnate, the story and dialog are ass and there's barely any eye candy to behold besides a qt looking assassin chick that's barely present most of the time and is also covered up in boner killing assassins wear.
The ending is also the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen.

This cant be real

Call of Duty or Battlefield.

No one wants mature comicbook movies anymore they just want fun marvel esque movies.

I guess I can see it, with the likes of Dunkirk or Hacksaw being a thing now.

Hey you've got to have the mature movie that's being jerked off by everyone otherwise how else would anyone excuse the gigantic assloads of budgets, publicity and reception these movies get?

Ask Disney, they never make dark movies and they're the biggest studio in hollywood.

how about some punctuation yourself, faggot

The Dark Knight I guess paved the way for these types of shits to be taken seriously even though TDK is a pretty shit movie in ways
But I guess the same holds for the first iron man movie.
When will these fucking movies end anyways?

The film that got this shit rolling was Iron man back in 2008. It's almost been 10 years of this shit and interest does not seem to be swindling.

Super heroes have nearly been around for a hundred years. Do you honestly think that it's going to end anytime soon?

Doom. Because Doomguy is a big guy.

You mean every video game based movie ever?

Aren't comic book sales supposed to be declining? It ought to happen eventually for these movies too, considering every month it seems a new movie shows up.

But who's his CIA?

They're declining but they're still mostly getting thousands of sales. Mostly inflated by shops being forced to stock these comics no one is buying.

The normalfags that watch those movies don't buy comics, and the SJWs the Big Two cater to don't buy comics either. That is why.

Commander Keen

They fucking used to.

Your friendly reminder that the first X-Men movie came out in 1999. Superheroes hit the mainstream film industry so long ago, if it were a person it could vote by now.

Yes but it didn't have the same reception as now. Not everything was X-men or Rami's Spiderman, you had the likes of Fantastic Four and Daredevil/Elektra too, and from what I recall they were few and far in between.
Now it seems that even if a movie sucks balls, like the Thor movies or BvS it still somehow warrants a massive success and a couple hundred sequels.
And while I'm on the subject of Thor why the fuck did they butcher embed related for a shit tier trailer

I dunno if this is the best thread to ask this but what are the chances of Disney buying Capcom and turning Capcom into their next money cow after the capeshit fad dies?

Why would you want that?

Maybe things will get better

You should watch them. Even though they are pretty much shit

With Disney? Fuck no.

What would ever make you come to that conclusion
After they bought out Marvel and Star Wars look what happened to them, do you want that again?
What pattern or trend have you seen where if you give a shit company more money, they will turn out for the better?

Wait, what?

Judging by WoW It'll sell in China so yes, probably.
Friendly reminder that picrelated is the only vidya film to be both a good adaptation of the game it's based on and a good film in its own right.

That's a pretty sick Alex Ross homage tbh m8

Normalfags want cookie-cutter movies but real fans have been getting some darker shit lately(vid related).

Nigger have you been living under a rock or what? videogame movies have been a thing for many years.

Comics sales stopped being profitable years ago, Movies/TV series and Disney are literally the only things keeping the comic industry alive .

Maybe if comic publishers stopped trying to force feed their customers pozzed trash the sales would increase.
I used to buy issues from my local all the time but I'm not going to touch Iron Sheboon or Thoress.

The Punisher TV show will be shit and I will rage even though I knew it would be shit. Such is my life.

Low sales are mostly due a combination of SJW ideology and archaic distribution methods, if they stopped being jews and adopted a digital Tankobon format with accessible prices people would be more willing to actually buy comics again.

I heard they are spending way more time and money making the Punisher series than previous ones so i still have hope of at least being decent.

Defenders on the other hand seems to be a clusterfuck mainly because Iron Fist and Jessica Jones adaptations were garbage.

I'd rather have Nintendo buy out Capcom than Disney.

Thanks

After the shitshow that the second season of Daredevil was and how they handled Punisher there I have absolutely zero hope it will be anything but filth.

Jessica Jones adaptation never had a chance, Femishits have been screaming "muh rape culture" "muh patriarchy" "muh soggy knee" about her first comic for years and as soon as they heard about the adaptation they re-doubled their bitching to turn it into a "progressive" show.

Ignore the Netflix series and just read "Alias" if you want to see a cheeky villain and some borderline doujin tier story.

(checked)
For capcom at least? yes. Considering that they not only produce nothing but shit now and expecting their fans to eat it which many still are to our dismay, but it's still not enough for them. They have to affect other companies (mostly fighting game devs) to follow suit because they pour so much money into their tournaments to make them seem like the top dog of the FGC, giving other devs the idea that they need to do the same thing as capcom in order to get people to play your game. Not to mention that capcom's been pushing for thier fighting game tournaments to be E-sports cancer, which as we've seen in the last 2 EVO's that have been televised that they now force players to change costumes due to being too sexy for TV apparently (this year they had it shown on one of Disney's channels along with ESPN, so the prediction of capcom joining disney in order to "save itself" may be a reality one day). Thankfully, the trend of other devs following capcom seems to be dying, especially after this year's EVO with all devs other than capcom having much better announcements and tournaments than capcom.

This is only regarding their fighting game series. At this point, they seem to be fucking over all their franchises in order to pander to western "audiences" instead of their actual fans and thinking they don't need to give a fuck (not to say it's the only Japanese company that does this, but they were one of the first and most vocal about it). I'd gladly like to see the downfall of capcom because it'd be a perfect example of karma biting the ass of an arrogant and stupid company.

The other thing is as well that as far as I know the Purple Man didn't actually fuck her in the story. I could be wrong but to my knowledge the farthest he goes with her is some creepy shit like your pic related. It was bizarre to me when the show turned it into a "muh rape history" thing, I didn't watch further than the first half of the first episode.
Purple Man definitely got fucked by Doom though :^)

I think you missed the part about the movies being popular as well.

To be fair, that one was alternate universe by design.

Sounds like they were not trying that hard.

No.
Comics occupy a very different market than film. The decline of comics in the 90's (blame Marvel and their abuse of the speculator market) gave way to their need to reinvent and innovate their products. The first Spider-man film was a somewhat decent adaptation of the character, but added in their own elements to appeal to masses. Marvel at this same time launched a new series (Ultimates) which created a new universe where they could do whatever they pleased, and this made following the storyline very easy. If you wanted to read every comic of Spiderman up to 2000, you would need thousands of dollars. This made people who may have wanted to read comics put off by the vast amount of comics that had been made.
Games on the otherhand:
-Are readily available and affordable in comparison to other forms of media
-Are not held in high regard by the public unless it's a Nintendo IP, meaning studios have far less interest in acquiring rights
-Have an overlapping audience with films, rather than two different audiences
-Also, have very little in terms of story or characters that isn't adapted (i.e. Mass Effect is a Star Trek/Star Wars mishmash, Uncharted is just a Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones ripoff)

The odds of this happening are about slim to none, unless you have Nintendo pushing out some films.

Yeah but none of those movies were successes.

Yeah, too bad their "homages" are basically rape. Batman vs Superman was a homage to The Dark Knight Returns.

Its called DC rebirth. They made it official that they wont push an agenda and that they will get good writers and because of it DC has seen the best sales they have seen in over 20 years.

Also the comics are good too.

Even that WW comic with the "meninist terrorists" and the "angry red phallus?"

What's with all of the cavemen coming out of their caves recently to ask questions that are already answered if they used a bit of brain power?

They have already moved to anime

Mark my words that as much as i love it the first japanese franchise they target will be Persona.

202X
Persona 2 The Movie

Final villain is hitler.
Involves demonology and occult which gives elites excuses to program people.
And MC is a chick.

You say that but so far all the anime movies have been flops.

If they really want to rake in the weeabucks they'll pump out a Persona 4 movie.

Fucking how

Nothing wrong with ra improving your own chi product!

MK lore is wonky enough that the things the movie did to fuck with everything were reasonable enough

/fringe/ please go.

i'd heard it was based on Warcraft 1. What got raped?

Her and Luke Cage are together in the comics. It's pretty faithful to her origin story honestly.

Alias is fucking awful and it's a miracle the show was as good as it was considering the original material.

In the Alias comic, Purple Man made her want and beg to fuck him (Which due to his powers, she actually desperately wanted to, it doesn't just control her actions,) but then he would refuse to have sex with her just to watch her cry and beg. In the TV show he just uses his powers to fuck her, in a much more direct "rape" fashion. This is about the only thing the comic did better.