Sunday Night Horror Thread

Let's fix that!

The white day remake that's supposedly coming out on PC after all. I never could get the original working.
SH3, Subnautica as a genre outlier
Supernatural all the way, or at least fringe science monsters. I play horror mostly for the twisted aesthetics that are more prevalent in this genre than any other.

Nothing spooky. It's hard for me to get in the mood for horror games because they're so draining but when I do I have a lot of fun.
Bought the Bubblehead Nurse statue the other day and I was able to buy the Pyramid Head w/ Mannequin the other day on Ebay for 130 when it's usually 300+ dollars. Should be here in about a week. The nurse has a seam where her face joins her neck on the actual statue. Kind of disappointing but overall it still looks really nice. Hope there aren't any surprises like that with the Pyramid statue.
I hope Scorn and Agony are interesting. I don't really know of anything spooky that's coming out except Evil Within 2, but I can't make heads or tails of that fucking trailer. It looks nothing like the previous game.
Silent Hill 1-4
Western-styled Asian-made
I love body/bio horror.

everything i see lately are those typically Youtuber oriented "horror" games
Horror seems to be dead, at least for now

Well off my head, I've been interested in both these, white face honestly gives my chills, reminds me too much of my night terrors. Which…brings bad memory's. Spooky's gotten me a few times, plus I like the way it handles scares, death scenes are pretty well done.

Resident Evil 7
Its pretty meh
Fatal Frame 1, 2, and 3, and Silent Hill 2 and 3
I'm avoiding Fatal Frame 4 and 5 because they looks like shit
The Evil Within 2 but it might suck
The Fatal Frame, (old) Resident Evil and Silent Hill Series
Asian, Western horror games are mostly walking simulators.
Would like to see a game based on urban legends
Such as Kuchisake-onna, Hachishakusama, Aka Manto etc

I just wish the game was less repetitive, it always felt like I wasn't progressing at all.

I’m still waiting for Routine – that is still coming right? Hopefully it won’t just be Soma set on a lunar colony…

Too many combat-heavy & jumpscare-riddled games around. What, if any, are some good point-and-click, VN or text horror games?

there needs to be more resident evil clones

nobody told me the game wasn't paused when you read notes in RE7
i tab into one to read it, hear footsteps, figure its just sound effects
tab out
fucking daddy next to me with a shovel about to barge my face in
scared the shit out of me

Menu that doesn't pause is not new to resident evil, 6 had it. Maybe technically revelations because you're meant to switch items/weapons on the fly with buttons.
Now sure, 6 is just a straight TPS.

Undying is a straight up 10/10 game up until you leave the first mansion, then it just becomes kinda okay.

i only played a little bit of 6 in co-op because it kept crashing and was fucking boring and buggy

can you go back and read notes in your inventory? i dont want to stand around and get fisted by grandpa gumdrops while trying to get muh lore
i haven't played through an RE game in a long time but i pirated this one just to see if it would give me a fix until TEW2 comes out, really disliking that most spooky parts are just cutscenes though

aye, I'm looking forward to that but info is pretty sparse

Pic related

You need to go back

Is this the hardest Resident Evil game or what? Trying to fight Nemesis is like pulling teeth early on. Not to mention that he and other enemies can kill you in yellow-orange Caution health levels which I'm pretty sure never happened in RE1 and 2 (or at least didn't happen to me).
Granted I haven't played RE2 Arranged Extreme difficulty yet, but so far I've died more in RE3 in my first run than I have in 10+ runs each in RE1 and 2.

I think REmake was harder.

RE3 early game will fuck you, that's why easy mode gives you a full fucking arsenal to begin with.
Latter on though you're unstoppable, especially with how generous the game is with resources.

This game is making me feel like a fucking retard, I've spent hour wandering around with my inventory full of items and have no idea what to do.

I want to fuck the girl in the red dress from corpse party

What’s Holla Forums opinion on this?
I like both Sherlock Holmes & Lovecraft’s work, so it has the potential to be an interesting mix if they handle it correctly.
I’m only worry is the setting though, I’ve never been a fan of Holmes visiting America.

4 is bad, so good intuition. Haven't played 5 yet. My excuse is I won't play it until I learn Japanese which will be never at this rate, since I have yet to start

Hunters in RE1 could do it, and I think Lickers in RE2 could as well. They both have a lunge decapitation attack. Hunters are more worrying than Lickers, though, in my opinion.

I can see that. I just got the mine thrower and I'm realizing I have enough explosives to clear any horde I come across. It was a real bitch getting to this point though.

Man, I can't wait for that.

I guess I forgot the exact damage of the hunter lunge, I was under the impression that enemies in the first game could only kill in Danger. I also don't recall ever getting hit by the licker lunge attack, it was so much slower than the Hunter pounce.

The thing about RE1 is there is no visual indicator for damage. Your body pose is the same no matter your health, so you may not notice when you're in caution.

Not much since my apartment building caught fire last sunday (my shit is fine sans a hole in my kitchen ceiling) and I'm still unable to get back in and get anything out so all I have is my laptop, my PS3 and a copy of Demon's Souls and the Sega Genesis collection. Been working on DeS and considering starting Phantasy Star I.

No.

As far as horror? Nothing really. Probably Scorn.

Still Siren as of recent memory.

I think Asian can keep me tense better, but most asian horror games fuck themselves by dragging on too long (looking at you Fatal Frame 3 & 4)

Going to be playing DreadOut with a friend soon and I remember when I first heard about it and wanting to see an american themed Fatal Frame clone. Problem is that outside of dipping into Native American culture I still struggle to think of an interesting situation to frame the story. Fatal Frame is always about some ritual needed to hold back the underworld getting fucked over and killing a bunch of people. You could do that with a more christian themed story but I want to see some other reasons for why there is a mass haunting and cursed area.

Question for the thread: What are some good PC based horror games that are free? I could use something to play while I wait for the fire department to clear my building.

Mate, the photoshoot scene is out of place and barely meaningful lingerie or not. Like XCX's memes, it's the absolute least of the game's problems. If you didn't like 4, there is no reason you will like 5. The only thing the game can boast is a very fun combat due to full use of the gamepad's capabilities, so if you're a CEMU guy, give up on the game entirely.

These games are horrorble.

But they're all terrible.

Are there any legitimately scary pointy-clicky adventure games? Most of the ones I've played it's been mostly an afterthought. I feel like those type of games could be spooky considering how invested you get trying to figure shit out. The lack of a fail state is probably one of the biggest problems.

I agree but be careful with that.

It's kind of a slow burn to the horror bits but it gets the atmosphere pretty right on. Haven't played it in a while so I can't recall exactly but I think the remastered version was kind of janky. I'd get the original if I were you or at least compare the two.

Have I got the cure for what ails you, sir!

That's got good atmosphere. Too bad the point and click bits are so fucking specific you'll take a while to find shit to progress.

i want to fuck spooky

NONO
Spooky is for busting only.

Spooky is for cuddles, you damn degenerates.

If you say so budy.

tbh that's one of my top things, too bad it's fairly rare

My plan was to use it as a launch pad for playing other Japanese games as well, but I really like the series so I'd start there. I have a physical Japanese copy of the game.
I mostly hated 4 for its awful controls and easy combat. 2 Wii was an improvement.

this seems alright actually

Scratches is the only point n click game that actually scared me.

delet

That's not true though

I only posted that one for the music. I'm not gonna do anything stupid like day one/preorder shit.

good for you pedo

I felt a bit sad when I finished that game. The sequel is dead, isn't it?

I'm gonna day one pirate

lol

IIRC they are still working on it, aren't they?

Is The Last Door worth playing? I know the art is pixelshit but I'm a Poefag and a Lovecraftfag and the first ep seemed alright.

Pyramid Head showed up, it's as great as I was hoping it would be. Fucking steal too for 130.

Well it's not really, you just need to be in the right spot, and get her to haunt you. Then you just talk to her more interested. It's all about time user,

…what is this from, exactly?

I actually chatted with the guy that made scratches (Agustin Cordes) a couple times. He's working on Asylum now but he'll take his time, he probably wants to make sure the game will be as good as possible.

Not Condemned
:^)
JK it's called Get Even

Let's see if you bugs can help me identify this game I remember seeing in a magazine when I was younger. One thing that stood out that I can't forget from it is:
That's pretty much all I can remember is that one enemy that was shown. Can't remember much else about it and the magazine that had the article on it is pretty much gone but I do remember that it was in the PS2/Dreamcast era.

Yeah, in 2021 or further. Fuck the Routine devs.

Does anyone have a webm related to the MC's death animation to pic related?
I remember seeing it before and it being genuinely horrifying.

I'll record a fresh video of it.
Any other requests regarding MGQ?

Nope, that's the only nightmare fuel I need.

System Shock 2 is really scary~!

Honestly it's just silly.

I don't know how you could be scared in that game, I'm more scared by amnesia, which also isn't scary, because the monsters look retarded. Fear scares me a lot more.

Umbrella Corp.
Sister in law is spending the weekend, so I hooked up the PS2, gonna speed through Rule of Rose, Haunting Grounds and Silent Hill 4 - She always wanted to "play" them, but can't sit through them. I'm honestly looking forward to sitting on the couch squeezed between the both of them.

Nope. There's nothing interesting available.
I recently got a 1080 graphics card as a gift.
Oh well. Guess I'll mount it on the wall and look at it until I can afford a new computer.

Nope. Too depressed.

Not Spooky : Operation Racoon City , Outbreak File 2, Carrier, Illbleed, Resident Evil 3.
Spooky : Silent Hill 4, Rule of Rose, Fatal Frame 2
Dislike: Resident Evil 4.

Both. But the older stuff. New Asian and New Western are just too fucking silly these days.
I am also pissed that the moment I do find something that is actually interesting? It's an hour fucking long. A fucking hour with no chance of a fucking sequel. Meanwhile, really shitty films drone on for 2~3 hours.

I miss fucking atmosphere and ambiance beyond SPOOKY_SOUNDS_LOOP.FLAC. I like the concept of feeling like you're being watched, but there's nothing there. You know, like the old Silent Hills.
You take your time searching and being careful, only to discover that there was really nothing there. Or even another manhunt where you're being spectated and people are grading your killing style for shits and giggles.

Another concept is Body Horror, there's nothing subtle anymore. A nice slow corruption would be great.

Looks like what's left between the legs of a post op tranny.

It's actually much cuter.

Nothing at the moment, though I have a lot started but never finished.
I need to get off my ass and play some vidya one of these days.

Nope.

Off the top of my head is Scorn and the new CoC game.

I really enjoy Fatal Frame

Asian for the most part.

More horror based on folklore.

Nothing at the moment.
DreadOut. Pretty spooky.
Not really.
Does Ib count? Ghost Master is also pretty comfy, when the NPCs want to co-operate.
Asian, always find new ways to creep me out.
Toss up of Exorcist and Mushishi in that you travel around trying to deal with possessed people. One time you get in over your head and have to escape from a cabin with a shadow spirit chasing you. Another could just be talking to a bored spirit inside a body and convincing him to leave.