Fighting Game General: [st] Edition

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita
New costumes have been revealed for the game at SDCC 2017.
Abigail has been confirmed at EVO 2017 and will be playable on July 25th.
Starfire trailer is out: youtube.com/watch?v=8PZck-bDmbw
Kuririn and Piccolo revealed to be the last of the 9 playable characters in the beta: shonengamez.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/dUXRZes.jpg Kuririn has a Senzu Bean assist
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU
Tekken Bowl trailer announced: youtube.com/watch?v=-BaJENh1Irs
New trailer with Skullomania and Darun, and also confirms a beta with preorder for the PS$ Late 2017 and 2018 release: youtube.com/watch?v=gulVi0NDVnU
Jubei will be released on August for arcades, winter 2017 for consoles and PC: youtube.com/watch?v=aewAKIak15o Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview
Cross over tag battle announced game with Persona 4, UNIEL and RWBY: youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4
Spiderman, Frank West, Nemesis and Haggar revealed at SDCC: youtube.com/watch?v=KpGkR3hoKUI
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
New stretch goals for Arcana Heart 3: Six Stars!!!!!! are up:
kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1935080
Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM
A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
The 3.8 Eagle update is out as of June 27th 2017.
Dataminer found references for possible future characters and stages Blue Mary, Jubei, Heidern, Hinako, Oswald, Shingo and two not named
archive.is/ywZ4R archive.is/7QJEr
First free DLC character, Max Brass gets a trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=HlKDwrr3HA8
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.
Samurai Shodow V Special Uncessored will be released for Vita and PS4: youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet new character, Tyara: youtube.com/watch?v=LEKai2o0cjo
Cerebrawl new trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=T27pFp95QYs

Other urls found in this thread:

fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/OjR1C
youtube.com/user/DouchebagChocolat/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=1-tEpEJ2WXQ
archive.is/UyABt
archive.is/CCY70
punchplanet.com/gameplayindex/#basics
eventhubs.com/news/2017/jul/11/what-would-it-take-put-wind-back-street-fighter-5s-sails/
youtu.be/flWfpwN0giw?t=912
shonengamez.com/2017/07/25/dragon-ball-fighterz-japanese-closed-beta-registration-begins-today/
bcblue.wordpress.com/2016/07/16/trudeau-booed-at-calgary-stampede-media-party-says-attendees-adored-him/
archive.is/pfMaA
imgur.com/a/1fGhM
kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1945844
archive.is/BLqeH
fantasystrike.com/blog/2017/play-fantasy-strike-pre-alpha-free-weekend-july-28-30th-on-pc-and-mac
archive.is/7P359
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Post your mains.

I gonna save the fighting games.

Too easy.

any SDCC news other than mahvel?

Fucking hell. Is there any list of all the changes yet? Want to know if Carmine, Waldstein and Nanase got fucked or buffed

OP mentions the most important ones - Starfire in Injustice 2 and the sports set DLC for SFV.
Things not mentioned are the Shin Akuma code for USF2 and the free panel art DLC for Tekken 7.

Hit us with that truth

Wish I had it on me but I think Wald got some buffs.

Has Ibuki always been this healthy?

Here's your reminder

Hell yeah mother fucker. Now to decided where to pool my time into melty blood or Blade Arcus until my copy arrives

I think she was actually a bit more stacked in IV.

Since the last thread wis gone, some gameplays from recent games.
Lets begin with pink giant.

Impaler Bison vs Angelical Cammy

Witch Hulk Smashes!

A good amount of gameplay from Fighting EX Layer

I wonder how often they're gonna show off new characters. I haven't been this excited for a game in years, hope they don't fuck it up somehow.

I think it is mostly certain that the five characters shown so far will be playable in the demo they plan to release during fall.
I could not understand why not port the game to XBONE and pcs from the get go, since it uses Unreal, it probably not hard to find people who could do the job done easily.
I don't know if we sill see any new character this year, but if that is the case, I would put my money on Blair, Jack and Pullum. I hipe I'm wrong and they also show some characters from Fighting Layer.

Well, I hope you're right about your money. :^)

Depends on who their publisher is; if they're self-publishing in japan like SNK did for KoFXIV then reason is pretty much limited budget. I've got a feeling that if it's a PS4 exclusive Arc System Works' western branch will pitch a PC port for it since they've been on a weird ass porting binge as of late.

Tiny update. Got back on track with the animations and level, and started blocking a third character.

Is SF V mechanically a bad game? Is the gameplay not good?

Just from watching it seemed the gameplay is well balanced, this EVO i saw a different characters for every top 8 player, and the whole rooster in top 32, there isn't as much action as on SF IV because now the game is much more methodical, but i believe this battle system has been a huge improvement over IV, i think gameplay wise this is a fine fighting game.
I can understand peoples complains for everything else, but i don't want to go over that beaten horse again.

tl,dr Capcom fucked up SFV but the "fighting" part of the game is great and better than before.

When everything else is shit, the "fighting part" alone can't carry the rest.
What's more, the "fighting part" has less options than before which is a problem.

I got to play some of this game on the EVO floor, and while I got my ass beaten because I haven't played on stick or a 2d fighter for a while, it was really fun.

The fighting part has several problems too.

The crush counter mechanic makes footsies way too chaotic and random, along with v-trigger cancels that lead to obscene damage. While up close the game feels like a turn-based seesaw where you get your turn to do damage and then the opponent gets a turn to do even more damage. And basically no character feels like they're a complete character until they have V-trigger active.

It's kind of an annoying game.

Great news GigaDev! I wish you can keep working with your big gals.
Here is an Motivational Message for you!

Welp, that's what I manage to save from the last thread: archive.is/OjR1C

Someone asked about what happened with Monty Oum's death in the last thread now that RWBY is officially part of the FGC (what a fucking timeline). First, watch Dead Fantasy if you haven't already. This isn't quite part of the story, but you should have a baseline idea of the kind of man Monty Oum was. Dead Fantasy hasn't quite aged perfectly, but you have to realize:

Anyway, the story goes as follows, and if you don't believe me, there's a thread on /cow/ about it.
Women are whores. Don't be a pushover.

Lewd outfits of ladies from Tekken 7, post them, now!

I've had my fill of /cow/ so I'll pass on that, but goddamn that's so shitty. I hope she suffered after that RT fuck was done with her. I've actually seen DF back when they were huge but I wasn't into it like my friends were. Might give it a chance after this grind.

Imagine being such a fucking doormat that you let people bring things that can potentially kill you into the house. Imagine deciding to keep the peace instead of trying to convince your idiot wife that adopting cats are a KNOWN health risk for you. It's partly his fault too, though his bitch of a wife fucking a rt member also shows his shit taste in women. RT could be responsible for pushing this doormat to his death but he didn't make it difficult for them either. What happened to his widow, did she benefit from monty's death more than just some rt dickings?

I really want to sodomize Starfire in Injustice 2.

I've never played any FF or DoA games, but I still think DF is fucking awesome. It's kind of mindless until they're past the lava segment and the fight becomes less of a clusterfuck, but I still can't get over the fact he taught himself almost everything he knew.

My guess is he was so happy to be doing something he loved for money (apparently his childhood was kind of messed up) he was willing to put up with almost anything. It's weird to think of a guy who made FFxDoA crossover fight animations as a starving artist like you'd see in a Dickens novel, but that's the image I have of him. I could be wrong on that since this is one topic which consistently makes my blood boil and I can't bear to look too closely at it.

As for his wife, I think she continues to live in the States and be a cosplay whore/siphon money out of RT for menial work. She wasn't deported and I don't believe she faced any criminal charges, so that ought to tell you the general bent of her life.

What did they do to her face?

disgusting

Same thing they did to every female character

But anons… She THICC.

That is not thicc. What I posted earlier was thicc.

Christ, don't get him started.

1) She has no life.
2) Only a nigger would want to fuck a woman with a face that masculine.

I don't get this webm. She's not playing Tekken, she's playing Virtua Fighter

The original guy was mistaken. He added the annotation on the youtube video pointing out his mistake.
His channel is here youtube.com/user/DouchebagChocolat/videos .The embedded video is a reupload since the original got taken down due to copyright. The dropping combos webm takes it's clip from this video.

This is thick. That is not.

That's more on the fucking fat side

I've never seen Demo do a proper juggle in Tekken either so it's funny twice.

THIGGERS LEAVE

I dunno what's up with my changing tastes, but I'm starting to like Sumos in fightans a lot lately, and I lost interest in Alex in general

You like getting ring outs, don't you squidward?

I can't put my finger on what the current gen of fighters is missing compared to previous ones

Does Tager always suck? Seems like no one really plays him when I watch BB but I've been looking to get into whatever the current version is and Tager seems like a cool Shrek/Hellboy/Beast mash up who is also a doctor yet in a cursory look over youtube there doesn't seem to be much footage of him, either from tournies or just streams.

Who do you main?

You won't see him too much with more experienced players but he's ok, and thankfully he's no Bullet.

I try to play every character in the game except petshop and iced, but closest mains are Boingo/Hol and Young Joseph

YES user, YES! I LOOOOOOOVE RING-OUTS!!!

he's a monster up-close, but the problem is actually closing that gap if there is a distance, if you lack patience don't bother.

An user of culture I see.

10/10

seems like a lot of Blazblue characters have really amazing zoning options like the people that have dolls or whatever those things are. What's the deal with the barrier thing? Do you just have a limit to how much you can just defend or is it done through some other means?

Your mixing of original and localization names is hurting my autism.

You have a limit and some attacks need to be barrier guarded or you get fucked.

Friendly reminder RWBY is now Fighting Games General related.

Yeah, well, so is Clayfighter.

Its shit

Barrier is a guard that blocks chip damage and you have a limited amount of barrier, you can block normally without restriction though.

footsies is when I realized how much I hated Street Fighter. I can't remember which Evo it was, but the whole time it was just people doing footsies and nobody committing to anything interesting. Amateur matches with Holla Forums were more interesting to watch.

I really dislike being forced to play Rubber Soul against Vanilla.
Gotta admit its not the worst localization

I like them, as well as the fire ball game and zoning. SFV doesn't have either anymore.

No QoL features AND dumbed down gameplay leads to a sucky SFV game.

Also not as moddable as sf4..

Anyone still playing InjustASS TOO?

I bought it last week. The game is much better than it should be. Thevsad thing about it and any other new titles is how everything is tainted by DLC.
I want to get Fire Pro Wrestling to see if it is that good.

Frankly, Starfire was never a THICC girl, she is more of a tall, slender lass. Not necessary to be thick. Personally I think she was well done in Injustice, much better than I hoped to be, even if not as good as I wanted. Mostly her hair.

Kotaku@ fantasy-strike-is-bringing-simplicity-to-fighting-esports
Sirlinnnnnnnnnnnnn! Is lower the execution barrier really going to help?

The funny part? People forget games that had an option for simple inputs, but didn't compromised the whole game's design.

It's great, I just wish I had a reason to fight in it. Fantasy Football type spreadsheets and tracking just feels off for me.

It would help if Sirlin actually knew what he was doing because the man is atrocious at balancing despite centring his identity around "game design". The man takes one step forwards and 3 steps back whenever he does something.

The memes have taken control of our reality and are now on auto-pilot.

youtube.com/watch?v=1-tEpEJ2WXQ

T7 needs more animal fighters like Gon

They don't want flak from PETA.

I'd rather have Alex tbh

No.

There were rumors about Geese being one of the guest characters and that turned out to be true. Are there any rumors/leaks like these for any legacy characters? I saw people mentioning Lei leaks a few times in comments in Aris' videos but I didn't see any source

Geese was only a big rumour because Harada at some point showed interest in having him as another guest character.
Lei leaks are a meme.

Rube

In all seriousness, I was thinking of getting back into BlazBlue. You anons got any advice on Ragna?

inb4 Harada adds another character just because he likes them
archive.is/UyABt

yep

I'd be more smug at the buttthurt than mad honestly.
Also on a side note; some cuckchanner is digging through capcom's 3D vs games finding out where all of Gamora's functions are ripped from. Before someone gets pissy; No these aren't my screen caps and I haven't browsed cuckchan since the first exodus.

People still get butthurt over that?

More Chinese pandering. Just what we need.

People still get asshurt if you post an image with a tumblr filename even if you get it off google images.

I doubt it, the datamining I've read some anons report about here has shown the next character will have an airdash. Considering Harada met up with Arcsys and was part-shilling for/defending a potential decision to include a character from their franchises in a tweet I've seen, I bet it's a Guilty Gear or Blazblue character, with the former being more likely

archive.is/CCY70
Oh yeah and the leak is 100% confirmed at this point.

Jesus fuck. When I think they can't sink any lower…

Butthurt is putting it lightly.

That's why the tournament/pro players are cancer

is there anything specific in that you wanted to show?

Everything I know about Tekken lore comes from TT2 endings, and I don't want it any other way.

how is recycling some animations from past games a bad thing? how many ways of throwing a fireball and a divekick are out there, of all things you can complain about, this is one of the most ridiculous, even you are already calling these moves "functions" which couldn't be more accurate to describe the fact it's something that exists already and is just changed around.
Surely no other game does this if you think it's such a problem.
And no i don't even like marvel games, they are the worst, but i just think people seems to be now on a witch burning mood.

Go to bed, Peter.

Goddamn the endings in T7 were such a disappointment. I don't think I can stomach more than the ones I've already seen.

what the fuck is this Steven Universe shit? Rebecca Sugar or whatever her name is getting into vidya?

I could understand if they were bringing over a previous character and recycling the assets like they're doing with all the UMvC3 characters or use a few moves from previous characters, but the problem with Gamora is that she's so creatively bankrupt. They got a new character that they can do anything with; yet all of her moves are from some other characters. Not a single new move so far

But it's BORING. Even though Tokido won the Grand Finals, it was still dull as fuck to watch them slog it out. Same problem for EVO last year. The game has neutered combos, a focus on offence with high damage which means first-in usually gets the round, and there's no real blocking game. By comparison IV was a lot more entertaining.

So no, I wouldn't really say No Fun Allowed Edition is superior.

Oh i understand now

Street Fighter V is the Super Smash Bros Melee of fighting games.

Looking at it instead of sayng something like "Why does everyone in SF have a fireball" this is more like "Why did they meld together Zero, Souki, Deadpool, and Wesker"?

They took characters, reduced them down to functions, and merged them into a single character which is pretty lame since A) Gamora has her own fighting style in the comics, and B) It just further reinforces Capcom's design policy of recent.

Injustice 2 is not bad, but it needs new stages badly, as it's lacking in that department and the ones it currently has got old really quick.
Also NetherRealm needs to fix catwoman's face and REMOVE THE FUCKING CENSORSHIP

But Melee had single player content, multiple modes, fun unlockables and colors available from the start.

Well now I can't unsee it.

I've talking more about the gameplay and how both games hit their respective skill ceiling very early on. Now you got two games where it's the same top players regardless with no new blood entering the scene

I see that from a design point of view for a new character that could be a problem because it means lack of interest and effort since they took the time to make stuff for that shitty racoon.

Now that i talk about functions i ve seen some people here happily accept the idea, even though from my perspective it's only character butchering, i ve got some examples to show, i won't bother searching for pictures, but just one of such cases would be the 4 or 5 Kim Kaphwan clones SNK has put out.
I only play KoF, KI, and some animu fightans so i can only tell so much about this but it seems only GG is good at not screwing up their designs.

jesus

He fucking deserved to die. Just a shame the cancer known as RWBY didn't die with him.

So, is there no point in playing Street Fighter V?

Well if you already play the game and enjoy it, I guess keep playing it? But if you haven't touched the game there is no point in jumping aboard a sinking ship.

Now I understand why characters are functions by Peter.

Kind true minus a few things.

The public story is that Monty had something routine and reacted poorly to it. This is the first time I'm hearing about him skipping his meds or being allergic to something other than cats.

RT hated his wife like poison- even before he died- due to some argument or incident which is currently unknown. So the odds of her getting dicked by someone at RT is slim (except one guy who was a hard fanboy of Monty's, but he left shorty after he died and wrote the expose on all this). The current head writers don't have any affinity with her as far as I know, nor the head of their animation team.

Also, evidence arose that it's likely she somehow got money from a charity drive meant for Monty's family straight into her own pocket, then got a boob job.

Problem is that I own it, but haven't played it yet.

The irony to me is that Peter isn't wrong. Characters are on many levels a pile of functions. Except that's just part of the picture. A character's identity are visuals + functions + lore if that makes sense?

So while yes part of what makes characters like Magneto appealing to some are his mobility options and lockdown. People also like Magneto the character and how Magneto looks while doing those motions and moves. Saying that characters are only their movesets is downright retarded.

Clones can be good if you know how to diversify them. Robo-Ky started out as a shallow Ky clone but after an iteration got enough stuff to separate the two. I like the Falco/Fox divide but Wolf just felt clunky and lazy.

You can do clones well, it's just a matter of giving the clone room to stand on their own.

It's better to talk about than RWBY

Well then try it out and if you don't like it then refund it.

Too late for that, unfortunately.

Might as well try it then, if you hate it you'll be left with a very important life lesson.

I already learned not to preorder anything ever again, even if it is supposed to be the most important game in the genre.

Just more matches really. For better or worse, at least this game is more original than bigger titles in the market. For better or worse, I respect that.

So their site is down but can you explain the blue/red/yellow effects on some of the moves? It looks like they are roman cancels given the meter spent, but I also noticed that in one animation they fumbled for their weapon which isn't usually a part of the move in question.

Here's what I could get: punchplanet.com/gameplayindex/#basics

Monty was an idiot, but the guy didn't really have it coming.
I like to believe he was murdered by his wife in the same way Michael Jackson was murdered by his doctor.

Can I get off this ride yet?

It was at this point in time that user noticed his balls were in fact glued to the seat.

When are they going to put the Korean #Reload soundtrack in Xrd?

Who knows, it might be good! BP makes some little bitch sissy speech about how poaching is bad only to be interrupted by MonHun crashing into the scene in DMC3-levels of WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! juggling elephants with a giant sword as they fall to the ground already turned into a plethora of handbags and assorted curios. "Remember kids - poach to the EXTREME!!"
He might even want to add dindus to his prey list. If not just to keep the balance in the eco-system.

Yes, this is truly something I envision [CURRENT YEAR] Marvel writing. :^|

Genuinely underrated OST.

The ride only ends when capcom put their fighters on ice again.

Yep. It's definitely an improvement over the original and fun to play. I couldn't be fucked even learning TWO combo strings in the first game, but here I've just gone all-out and I've been enjoying it. Haven't had an issue with microtransactions yet, but it might be a problem soon since my profile level is in the 60s and I don't really earn source crystals anymore.

Would like more exclusive multiverse events like earning skins from the movies or well-known comics. The Independence Day one was just ass.

Would read tbh.

I think the band who did those songs disbanded, and its lead died. I wonder whose property this music is now? Those who published it in Korea or Arcsys?

Looks like Shinkiro is the only Capcom artist that did a cover.

Marvel up to their usual tricks, I see.

What did you expect? Collectors are pretty much the only people that buy marvel comics now so they gotta get them to buy multiple copies of the same issue.

If vidya needs to be crashed with no survivors, comics need to be nuked off the face of the planet.

Is tyra a gemsona?

I need this thicc.

I need Chun-Li's ass on my face.

Weirder!
Amazon Ballerina Headhunter

Is that what they call the SU chicks?

Shut up she is not a shteven pukeiverse

Only character that looks ok is the dude with the gun, and that's only in comparision. Boring voicework is a mortal sin for fightan. I like the time travel mechanic in theory.

I wanna spank Tyara on her fat magenta butt.

Since when did Max start posting here?

Max would probably not outline specific lewd acts he'd like to do due to living in California and being branded as misogyny

He does go full retard with this shit thicc meme though.

Your waifu's a lesbian space rock.
Just beat off to boats like every other normal person. :^)

The nigger dagger Max?

It appears my interpretation of thicc is wrong. I always thought of this as thick

My favorite boats are Musashi and Nagato :^)

Yes, your interpretation is very wrong.

The same, but can we get back to games that are actually out? Like where the fuck is roboky/Ariels?

Honest question: is this crap just about giant asses or voluptuous figures? Always thought it was the later but nigs gonna nig and make it about the former.

You're a man of culture.
Though, honestly, I "got" into this crap for the Abyssals.

That is wise (though I'll take this derail over that one thing that might be on topic but always fucks up every thread) but about Rev2, if I understood correctly, there's a 3rd character to be added but this is the part that gets me kinda confused because IIRC dataminers are saying it's gonna be Ariels but Daisuke said he wanted to add Robo-Ky to the game.

none of them are implants. implants don't look like that

There's enough setup for either to show and I'd shell out for both. I just hope they come soon because I'm sick of jam

But they are. A couple of them are shops too.

Asses don't naturally stick out at 45 degree angles. It looks disgusting.

Looks like shit. All of Shunya's detail is gone and her tits look awful.

To be fair, Robo-Ky already has assets in the game, right? Although I suppose it depends on what those datamined assets for Ariels were.

But… Isn't Ariels kind of dead? And, when they showed her, she was in a level way beyond any other character. It would be a bit weird to have her fighting someone like Jam or Cliff.
And wouldn't be even easier to have someone like Robo-Ky, A.B.A, Zappa, or even Testament and Justice back? Well, maybe not those last two. I know it's stupid to get GG or BB story seriously, but it would be kind of weird.

This came up in a different thread, but its fighting game related so I'm gonna ask here.
How do you prefer your combos in fighting games?

So I read up on UNIELst's new training features;
Why isn't this a standard feature across the genre yet?

That's just gross user.

I like long combos but the opponent has to be able to spend meter to get out of them, like a Burst mechanic. I like cool Oki and resets the most though.

I like short combos like Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter. Combo-centric games are pure cancer.

She's actually recovering in a facility iirc, and it could be like slayer or Ky in that they're not fighting at their fullest.

Not terribly long, but hits don't necessarily mean length because byakuya gets tons of hits compared to others but they're don't last too long.

Holy shit that's so good

The main reason to not add Ariels is that she's a character people seem to actually want so they might save that for the next revision. :^)
As for veterans, I think Robo-Ky is the next one, Justice and Kliff are likely goners for good and if Zappa appears, he'll likely be wholly redesigned as is look in Xrd is very plain.

Short combos. I find the game more enjoyable when there's a lot of back and forth but combos are still nice to pull off.

Speaking of SamSho, pretty hyped for V Special.

No combos or short combos. There are a few games where I give long combos free pass because I like the game mechanics but I generally hate MvC and SG tier combos.

I ask myself this about every good training feature. The only thing SFV did right was the wake-up recording options, why don't other games have that?

I hope by releasing this summer they mean August and not September 22nd

Robo-Ky is Daisuke's favorite character, but the team won't let him be added to the game for some reason. They at least let him have Robo show up in the story, so maybe in we'll get him in the next installment if we're lucky. Apparently people found colors for Ariels in figure mode (only playable characters have colors). Also in her new Rev2 bio, it says she's alive and in custody or something. While I would main Ariels day 1, I wonder what kind of gameplay mechanics she might have because she didn't seem to do anything too special in the story. Arc Revo is October 21st, so maybe we'll get news on a new character there.

Source?
Also what are some other cases of Game devs saying who their favorite character in their own franchises? For example, Ono saying Blanka is his favorite SF character or Harada saying Heihachi/Ganryu are his favorite characters.

Wait, is he in 7?

Fuck it, I'll play muted until then.

never ever

Falcoon and Akiman… SNK sure is back.

Use stylish and a chinese ds ripoff with a turbo button.
You're now internet ready.

Skullgirls kind of did it first. UNI also had an as-reversal playback as of exe-late but it was shoddily programmed, adding an extra frame of idle before no matter what while SG will force your move to have perfect reversal timing no matter how slow you actually input it.

I just find that hard to believe, isn't KoF popular in Korea?

Short-mid length combos. They shouldn't be so long that they take all your opponent's life or prevent them from being able to do anything for an excessively long time but at the same time I think they should be enough of a factor to where reacting to hitting your opponent or for a punish to get more damage plays a part.

Around the length UNIEL has them at. Confirming into the best combo route from a starter you may have gotten, having a small autopilot section to relax the mind, then picking an ender. Biggest sin for combos isn't length, but being too damaging compared to common single hits, like fireballs, and a babby's first combo should be like at least 2/3 of the damage a real man combo does.

Do you have a source for the first pic?

When did you realise that Capcom of your youth was dead?
I had inklings when DIMPS had to do what Capcom can't but the real clincher was DECAPRE reveal…

When they made SF4 and Bionic Commando 2009.

Is SPiderman in MvC:I?

eventhubs.com/news/2017/jul/11/what-would-it-take-put-wind-back-street-fighter-5s-sails/

Its eventhubs, as long as you avoid reading the comments you should be ok

Smart girl

Thanks.

Falcoon has been making that "set" for all the KoF characters but I think he's always been with SNK which is especially noticeable in their pachinkos. Their new mascot is also drawn by him.
Akiman's surprisingly active lately yet that costume he designed for SFV Chun-li is yet to be added. Oh well, it's just been over a year.

When they caught terminal Inafuneitis aka "pandering to the West".
DmC was the point of no return. During the goitergoblin heydays, and the risk of sounding like I'm trying to score hipster points, I tended to say "my GG started long before". I think that was when it became undeniably apparent that both game journos and devs had no respect for their audience.

Anyone got Gadget finger 360s?

This is going to be the ME Andromeda of fighting games, comes out in 2 months.

Even KoF XII and SFV weren't this bad

I dunno who or what that is, but it's beautiful.

in b4 FChamp and JWong let us oblivious commoners know that graphics don't matter, gameplay doesn't matter; what REALLY matters is the post-launch support :^)

He said Chuns face has been fixed, dont forget to pre-order.

>hunters are batshit INSANE

I feel like that's an alphabet agency's way of keeping the autistic busy.

Holy fuck I love UNIELst

French Bread keeps knocking it out of the park. I was waiting for my next Tsubaki and Wagner looks like she's going to hit all my points.

This is possibly one of the lamest places in central to be.

While I'm not fandom fighting, you're probably right

The Big Leaf is out today. Did any of you actually buy him? How does he play? Is he good or doomed to be trash tier?

That has nothing to do with what I said.

It's all pointless shit to keep the low functioning autists busy. You have John Smith the CIA agent making a thread about "superman vs goku" causing spergs to waste their entire day discussing about pointless shit and if someone dared to point that out, he'd just get "lol it's fun ^.^" and nobody would realize there's been a plumber's van parked outside their home for 2 weeks now because mark's been too busy trying to prove that goku's dick is bigger than superman's or he just can't stop thinking he's in the matrix.

youtu.be/flWfpwN0giw?t=912 15:20

I really hope noone here was that good a goy to actually buy the fucking (((season passes))) for this tire fire.
I'm gonna waste the bandwidth anyway and acquire this individual of considerable proportions via fight munnies.

How long does it usually take to grind out for fight money for a character in that game anyways?

Last I checked you get 1000 FM for leveling, and characters cost 100,000.

Fuck no wonder the goys buy the season pass

Stages are the same price, if they're even available for FM and some costumes are 70k. If you want the colors well fuck you play the shitty survival mode.

Incidentally, here's a nip tier list. Despite the the short number of tiers, I get the feeling that the actual discrepancy is much larger though that's not entirely a condemnation of SFV given it's a common issue in a lot of titles.

I found something fun with her that you might like: Roughly at grab range 3C 5C 6C

I LOVE THIS LOLI

he's alright, his potential damage output is ridiculous and his super armor can be useful, but oddly enough he just makes me wanna try to pick up Birdie again for some reason.
I can see fucking-leaf being somewhere between alright and good, I don't think he'll be great meta-wise but we'll see him from time to time I think, who knows he might even be better than what I'm guessing.
Abigail mirror Match Grand-finals next major, wouldn't that be something?

I'll keep that in mind when I eventually get this.

Even by SF standards, it's a completely pointless story. The exchange with Alex cracked me up though.
On the plus side, it's about 6 fights which makes it about 4-5 times longer than most stories.

@JWong and @FChimp retweeted this

Don't make me thinking about that

Heavens have mercy.

There are people, right now, that bought this character well before knowing what they were in for. The fact that this is one of the longer stories is sad considering most of it car noises and a close up of that retard's face.

I kinda like Abigail's english VA, if big autistic special needs child was what they were going for.

It's literally battleborn guy. That speaks volumes about the game
Not that I needed more reasons. No makoto no buy

Holy shit, the voice acting is actrocious. Like none of the VAs are even trying. I stopped after the Juri dialogue because it was just painful to hear Abigail let alone see him in action.

How the fuck did Gief, Laura, Urien get nerfed this time?! Wtf. Capcom?

FLAT

JoJo did this better.

That JoJo fella seems like a swell guy :^)

It's funny because juri does have a flat ass

How has the art not improved

WEW

That's definitely on purpose, holy shit. I just wish I knew the PC specs so I can start saving up but I hope it has the same as Xrd and Blaz, I can't afford upgrading anything just yet.

I honestly think I'm being autistic is the best way to explain the manchild rage fits and his possibly encyclopedic knowledge of cars. Would also make him different from Hugo who's a basic retard.

The truly sad part is that is probably one of the most detailed panels in the entirety of the story mode art.
rip in pepperoni Bengus

Flat ass would be a improvement. SFV Juri is the Hank Hill of vidya hometowns.

Cheeky bastards.

She wouldn't look so flat if her thighs weren't so fucking fat

Well, here is my first one.

Bravo Capcom.

If ASW is handling the port themselves; you won't have to worry.
If Bamco is doing the port; get ready for a bloated and poorly optimized mess
It's gonna have Denuvo regardless tho

shonengamez.com/2017/07/25/dragon-ball-fighterz-japanese-closed-beta-registration-begins-today/

No clue if there's a limited number of registrations but get it while you still can.

This fucking framedata

Seriously what the fuck capcom

Couldn't you shoot Hugo in the face with anti air fireballs in SF3/4? Then again, we all know this game is just a rushed mess and those results are still showing.

6.5 LITER V8 TURBO DIESEL

i think alex recognizing the fucking car noises abigail was making was probably the highlight of the entire game's story, i love this big fucking goon

of course you cant hit him with AA fireballs. they have an air check.

I would sincerely hope a character wouldnt be able to be hit by AA fireballs when theyre grounded just because theyre taller. Bigger characters already have enough to deal with.

Do you have anything without a fucking kikebook filename? Just curious.

Taller characters get the advantage of hitting people out of their jumps or more anti-air normals. Also bigger normals due to larger limbs with characters like Dhalsim being an exception.

Curious, how do you actually identify a facebook file name?

I would think that a character that large would have to have different rules for these kinds of cases outside of "ignore them". He's tall enough that that fireball should hit him jumping or not. He should get hit by all logic.

they also have the disadvantage of being much easier to hit and sometimes even susceptible to character-specific combos, so I think that's already a fair tradeoff.

if urien could hit an antiair fireball on a standing abigail then he basically has an OS for fireballs in a select few scenarios

here (you) go guys.

Wouldn't getting hit by an AA fireball just be a character specific combo than? He's a big guy, he shouldn't have the hit box of a different character if that was the case. Big characters are easier targets but usually get better armor options and better screen filling attacks. The trade off is there, it might still be against them, but it's up to the devs to work around those hazards, not just ignore them because it's inconvenient.

character specific combos are already autistic and dumb, so this shouldnt even be an important question to ask imo

Character specific combos exist because characters are not made equal. Different sizes, different weights, different reaches. Why should Capcom not have to account for the fact that they made a character two times as tall as most of the roster?

That's beyond lazy if you ask me.

I don't see how they can be autistic or dumb. Hell Dead or Alive 5 does this with the weight system. Larger characters are harder to juggle than lighter characters because they don't get launched as high. Bigger hitbox but harder to juggle. Therefor, there are weight specific combo if you want optimal damage.

because street fighter isnt dead or alive nor is it supposed to teach players that different characters are victim to different combos. that's antithetical to Street Fighter's tradition of being elegantly simplistic in almost every regard to design.

Did this hit Hugo back in IV? Regardless it still looks awful.

That leaf is exuding some prime time smug

All the videos I'm seeing of him are the fighting game equivalent of shitposting. Honestly he's starting to be the first interesting thing to come out of SFV for me, this shit is hilarious to watch.

Now this is some homo-genius shit

Ryu can beat with 1 crush counter

Sauce on this panel?

if they guess wrong yeah

Why can't the whole roster be filled with stupid fun like this? This Autistic Leaf doesn't deserve to be trapped in a boring game.

why do brazilians have the power of teleportation?

They just have electric powers

Criminal upper

Character from the giant lady fightan I'm working on.

Also, my "top secret" composer started working with me today. I can safely say this soundtrack is going to be fucking fire. I can't wait.

Sweet ass

Argh
SFV Juri is too busty. Sigh.

RE Cam

Jesus, who designed some of these colors?

Next year will be the 25th anniversary of VF, do you think Sega is planning something special or will I spend another year wallowing in depression due to lack of VF?

They never learn.

Can't be as bad as SF30…. fans get more fight money.
woohoo /s

What I want to happen;
Virtua Fighter 2 HD is ported to PC
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution added as a PS2 classic on PSN
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Complete Edition for the PC/PS4 released before the end of this year
VIrtua Fighter 6 announced at TGS

What I'm expecting to happen;
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown PC port
Virtua Fighter 1/Remix added to the Sega Forever program
More Virtua Fighter merchandise release/announced
Phantasy Star Online 2 Virtua Fighter event

WHy doesn't he come back to SNK already?

No such thing.

Most of SFV's DLC makes me think that they're purposefully taking the piss out of the dumbasses who bought the season pass and the CPT packs.

Because he's locked in the cellar together with Bengus.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I can't believe Evolution was 14 years ago, I remember playing it for the first time like it was yesterday, it was the first VF that really got me hooked to the series and the same was the case for my friends.

i dont think it's a lack of defensive options that's plaguing SFV, I think it's just the design of the game in regards to stages and hitbox size

every character feels stubbier than they ever were in previous SF iterations and anyone who does have a good long range normal for footsies had its frame data neutered in season 2, making footsies much more up close, volatile, and dangerous. shorter range normals also means people are closer when they hit your block, putting them at less of a distance when you block their attacks, thus making pressure more dangerous and scary to deal with

not only this, but the stages are absolutely fucking tiny. by the time you get out of one corner, the other corner is just coming up.
Look at kanzuki estate if you want the most obvious measurable example of this. by the time you're out of the corner, you're already at/approaching the point where the bridge meets the dining hall, which is right next to the other corner. The stages in this game are so tiny, so cornering your opponent AND pressuring them due to the overall smaller normals is so much easier

also, because of the smaller hitbox size, whiff punishing is more difficult, so fishing with heavy normals for CCs becomes the most rewarding option and the most immediate payoff. instead of seeing players like momochi outspace their opponent's low poke and responding with their own into a super/combo confirm, we see players responding to low pokes with heavy CC normals like Necalli's HK or Urien's Fierce.

This is fundamentally unlike SF's footsies in any past title, and because of all of this it's why the neutral often feels so random and volatile and ends so quickly

also, shit like alex's MK having a massive hurtbox doesnt help lol

It really does feel like a glorified Rock'em Sock'em Robots.

Jesus, it's like SFV is Capcom's first attempt at a fighting game.

Now, while I agree with your post, I think giving characters more defensive options would alleviate most of the problems in neutral. Even a system wide change like making backdashes invincible again or bringing back crouch teching would actually help the game a lot. I realize that doesn't help the stage size, but it'd certainly help relieve that pressure in the corner/on wakeup.

My friends never wanted to play VF2 with me back when I was a kid, they all were tekkenfags. Such was life when you were one of the few kids with a sega saturn in the town.

Not all of us leafs are like that. Everyone here is starting to hate that turd Trudeau and we're thinking of booting his ass out of office with a vote of no confidence.

If you boot him out of office, he wins.

i might have been wrong, its been brought to my attention that the yellow box is the proximity box while the green outline is the hurtbox

sauce?

Alberta in particular has it out for him.

bcblue.wordpress.com/2016/07/16/trudeau-booed-at-calgary-stampede-media-party-says-attendees-adored-him/

Too bad all our other options are just as shitty and Trud's damage is already done.

I don't understand why you expected those normals to hit Abigail at that range. His hitbox is basically in the middle of his body like you'd expect.

Hitboxes don't usually literally follow the exact position of the 3D model in Capcom fighters.

I can understand the normals not hitting since they act like that for every character in the roster. The only hit box change abigail needs is he needs a "head"

Dang. I remember buying it for X-mas together with DMC1; I think I got both for 50 Merkel Shekels.
Got a lot of mileage from it though, for some reason, insisted on maining a character that is obviously far above my skill level.
Also those tutorials were merciless; I found it frustrating (especially because I really wanted the ponytail for Vanessa) but I do appreciate the effort putting into making them.

I hear ya.

Lmao is that StamperTV

Lads and Lasses
I give you…
NUCLEAR NEGRO

music is shit, VA is shit, and the gameplay looks REALLY damn slow, but at least there are indie FGs happening

REAL TITTIES

Good, keep the normalfags away from the perfection of 2D

literally WHY did they make this game the way they did and not put makoto in it lmao

Because she doesn't bathe enough

this should be a nonissue. and makoto knows full well that the key to peak physical performance is good hygiene, a healthy sleep schedule, and a calculated diet of protein and vegetables with very little carbs

I remember drawing that for you makoto fag, I hope you like it.

user i love it

which one? i love both

(you) got me

She also hates niggers which makes her persona non grata in the new, multicultural SF. :^)

if only that were canon.

It's canon in my heart.

In addition to probably not ever shaving her giant jungle puss, Makoto probably has the dankest, smelliest armpits of any SF girl.

Which activates my horny

LOL

wat

I'd believe it if wasn't steam since you can change names at the drop of a hat. And even then it's not the worst I've seen.

I live in Australia and want to build a stick, where do I start?

Which bloody roar is the most definitive or best one in the series?

For that, they will add Elena before they add Makoto!
But really, it's funny how the nips have no problem to create male blacks more "realistic", but both times when they had to creat a black female, they just say fuck it and made a mix of many things, and painted them brown.
I mean, compare Elena and Laura to chatacters like Dudley, Sean or Balrog. It's really funny.

Elena's pits probably smell and taste a lot nicer than Makoto's anyways

Just some common sense. They know the whole way to make a black chick attractive is by basically making a white chick then give her a coat of paint.
Meanwhile, western devs want to celebrate diversity in [CURRENT YEAR +2] and you get 4 or 5 hideous she-boons with afros.

Just getting into Darkstalkers lately and aside from Morrigan, any other good zoners exist in the game? It's also ok if they have some rushdown mixed in with their gameplay as well since I main Spidey in Mahvel and Luigi/Bayo in Smash.

Because they would just make her v-skill some sort of projectile nullify gimmick a modified and "modern" version of Seichusen Godanzuki for Super because Cammy already have some sort of Abare Tosanami and her v-trigger would just be Tanden Renki because being angry and red is everything Capcom can come up with its characters in SFV. I already hate how she ended up in IV like she was "out of place" with the game mechanics.
Also, I would hardly call d.MP "stubby".

Or she would simply be completely different and might as well be a different character like Ibuki is in V

She's mixed race and actually represent well brazilans aside from her weird hair that's not common at all. I also heard Elena was also supposed to be the brazilian capo chick in III but during development they changed to have an african character so they changed Sean who does not look and don't behave like a brazilian at all with stuff like playing basketball instead of football and his hair from being another american to be a brazilian but just in his profile and stages. There's a reason Ono had so much effort for the Laura reveal like having a life size statue at the braziian event just to fall flat because of the famitsu leak.

This can't be real.

I remember playing a lot of Primal Fury but I honestly don't really remember much about its quality.

To me, this is the best one.

As a Brazilian, I agree, BUT, my problem is since she is Sean sister, I do find it funny how much lighter her skin tone is if compared to him in the game, even after they made Sean much less black. That was a bit funny.
But about Sean not looking like an Brazillian, he would fit perfectly with many blacks from São Paulo and Belo Horizonte to be honest.

If that was the case, she sure do not looks like anything remotely realistic now. She does not look like a Brazilian, and her skin tone, hair and eyes makes her everything but Ethiopian. And you know what? I think Capcom should have made her even more realistic, and not a copycat of Storm, because those Ethiopian girls sure have some crazy costumes that would look really cool drawn by Bengus and Akiman when they were working there without being coerced to.

RIP

Which version are you playing? In VH, there's the boss characters - Huitzil and Pyron - who both have some interesting zoning options. Huitzil has both beams and bombs, a anti-air projectile, long reach normals and a neutral jump that sets a flight mode while Pyron has a big ass fireball with a trajectory that can be changed and a very fast 6-direction teleport that can be can be specia canceled unto itself.
Hsien-ko might also be viable for keepaway play thanks to her normals, a projectile reflect and her own projectiles.

Elena was supposed to have black/brown hair initially and along with different garments. Her movements were already recorded to be rotoscoped so they kept the base and go from that. But yeah, she would be much better as an actual Ethiopian than fantasy Africa that Japan think she's from except that she fights brazilian capoeira and not the original african/angola one but nobody would really care..
As for Sean, I referred to him in SFIII. Be artworks, concept and portraits/endings. And it was also more of an attitude ingame too considering it was the 90's. The easygoing and somewhat slutty personality Laura has is more believable. I just wish her concept/alternate costume with the judo garb and different hair was her default one and SFV was a better game for a command grappler like her. She would fit well in KOF tbh
His redesign is fine and the skin color difference is normal. Considering our grandfather is japanese and god knows the rest of our family, my brother is "paler" than me and I'm only a little lighter than Laura.
What I found funny at her reveal was how english speaking blogs were disappointed with her skin tone saiying they were not feeling represented when (like I said, aside from her hair) she just as good as a brazilian chick can be. It felt like an american was saying how a brazilian should look like and that speaks a lot of their own culture and view of the world. archive.is/pfMaA
Sorry for the images, not at home right now

I still have faith in Shark Loli. The team will do an AMA this weekend on Reddit. Let's hope for the best.

Fuck, I might have to make a reddit account now so I can bug them to add a quick rematch option in vs and button config on the character select like what pretty much every other fighter does at this point

I wonder how things would turn out hadn't Capcom cuck out and Laura fight with the bandages in her costume and take them off for moves, getting gradually more naked.
In any case, I agree they should have went with that.
And, personally, I think the electricity adds nothing to her. Like Kolin with her ice bs. Both would be better just beating the snot out of opponents (Kolin could have been a Geese-Shermie-Bayman hybrid).

Hoodrats with internet confirmed.

How completely unheard of!
Then again, my continent is a federal dictatorship on the way to become a caliphate so who am I to judge? Save us 'murika. I heard there's oil in Spain or something.

I think the differences between both styles are not that big because it came to Brazil with the original practitioners, and they were also the ones who kept it alive in here. But I know very little about the details do be certain.

I understand. I always found it quite amusing that his bonus stage on Third Strike was a bouncing ball court in USA, and not somewhere in Brazil. He being Brazilian also makes his training with Ken even less believable.
Laura concept was so perfect. She had a darker skin tone, long hair, and was completely OK with showing her great body, exactly as a Brazilian young woman would be. I cant understand how they dropped that for what we got at the end.

Well, that's Murica 101: And its kind of funny because since that nation was formed, it always had a very similar population to Brazil, Natives, Blacks and Whites. And this is just like when they called Japanese developers racists for their asian characters: imgur.com/a/1fGhM

It makes me sad. But, really, they asked for so much just to port the game, something they already know how to! Sad those girls might not happen. Unless some publisher puts the money necessary to make it happen. That not uncommon on KS.

The electric part wasn't that great because they didn't tied her to Blanka. If they said that Blanka decided to live in Rio and she was a great fan, and wanted him to train her into the whole electric thing in order to make her family style even more stronger and unique, it would be cool and make sense.

Frankly, better ask for Poland to help you guys.

Bruh, 100,000 for a port is completely reasonable if not lower than what it usually costs. People need to get paid to work and the arcade rip that's floating around online is missing 90% of all the core features a home release normally has. Ports don't happen magically without any financial backing.

That's where you are getting the wrong idea about this KS. And also that IGG from Skullgirls:
This is a glorified pre-order. Who puts their money on this KS is paying for the work of porting the game, but the company will retain all the money the game makes afterward, without any type of responsibility towards the everyone who participated in the crowdfunding. Let's say people pay for the characters here, they retain every right about the characters, so, when later they release them on other consoles, and they make all that money back, they might even forget about the pc port.
I know ports cost money, and you know what I do? I buy the game, that's how I pay for the port. And I did it with Arcana Heart. You want to see a better example of how this should be done? The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 KS. What they did was to ask for money to improve the game. They said the game would be ported to PC, PS4, XBONE, but the money would be used to improve the music and the graphics. That is how you should do it. They should have stated that they would port the game for PC, PS4, Switch, whatever, but asked to improve the game by adding new characters and features.
And not only that, 100 dollars for your name in the credits? Really now? They are luck they managed to get all that free money so far, but they did it the wrong way.

Oh I agree that the KS was horribly managed and that Examu's choices were pretty fucking jewish. It's pretty obvious that they went this route so they'd have full financial control of the port, I just got a problem with the people going around spouting that the port should be free because the arcade rip.

They should have handled it like this;
Get ASW's western branch to do the PC port since they'll fucking port anything if devs come to them and the game would come out regardless
Use the KS to fund additional characters, additional polish and a PS4 port for the japs
Use merchandise from their online store on low tiers for easy gaijin bucks
Produce an actual figure for otaku bucks
Include everyone who paid enough for the full game in the KS credits
Don't charge 1,200 for the full sticker set (seriously what the fuck man)

If they did that, they probably would have had 2 characters funded by now.

I know a port is not free, that's common sense I wish it was, I just think the port should guaranteed and not part of the funding.
These companies live out of niche fans, but they seem to be oblivious as to what they should do to bring fans, as you stated.
I think they could use the time after the KS to maybe make new pre-order offers that could be used to put more money into the characters development. But let's be honest here, they already have money for at least one char.
Compare this to Skullgirls. An even smaller developer than EXAMU, and yet they made the port and the one DLC character for less than what they already got. It's sad to think Arcana Heart could not bring more money into their KS, but they sure are at fault for this.

ASW as in Arc System Works? I think they don't have a western branch, it's all done by Nips in Nipland. But yeah their ports so far were good, except for Guilty Gear 2 Overture which didn't even have keyboard support initially and BB:CF for it's sheer fucking gigabyte size that is still 50GB.

Yeah, I really hope they learn from KS so they don't fuck up with AH4 whenever they get to it.

Yeah, it's not really a western branch. It's just a team they have that handle PC ports and some localization, like the only reason really obscure shit like Neo ATLAS 1469 got a PC port was because that team.

>imgur.com/a/1fGhM
This might just be first-world problems in its purest form.

In a way, as shallow as it is infuriating, they did. Laura was first teased with a blurry screenshot of a electrocuted character in the Brazil stage; basically getting people hyped or fumed at a possible Blanka reveal.

I personally blame CoA for every art direction decision that points at "diversity" or "inclusiveness" (where I'd file that godawful hair do because no one in their right mind thinks that shit makes her more attractive). Nips never gave a shit about that.
Take the next character, per instances. I could be completely wrong but I just can't shake the notion that the poor girl got Mike Z'd; the artist was having a ball drawing a chick wearing nothing but jewelry and a gold micro-bikini when CoA barges in "COVER THE KAFFIR WHORES!"
Then again, maybe CoJ is already so pozzed that artists are already instructed to make everything ESPN-friendly.

This is so annoying.

That's actually a good idea. More constructive suggestions and less trivia and inane questions about the girls. I wish Examu could get a better netcode but even if someone offer their services to implemment some sort of GGPO on the game, that's probably out of Examu's budget and hard to believe a japanese company asking for help from some gaijin.
Anyway, here's the KS post:
kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1945844

It's more about the flashiness and rhythm since while both came from the same place, as the people and country culture developed, so the style too. I did when I was a kid but I'm not all that well versed either.

I don't think this guy is even aware of the genre. Imagine if he knew the backstory of Guilty Gear or Blazblue.

I think it's more about limitation of the game or philosophy than "being cucked". That concept of using the clothes/bandages in moves looks fun like a Jackie Chan fight scene but it would probably be a nightmare to do the animations and fuck over DLC costumes so they went for a more simple gameplan with a gimmmick.

I'm torned with what you said about Kolin because on one hand, her being an Geese/Shermie/Bayman-like character would definetly make me get SFV. On the other hand, I would be playing a defensive character in a game with this
Well like the other user said, the electricity slow fireball could be justified and interesting considering she's a grappler. It just looks like the game itself present her as a nightmare for newbies and not really a threat at high level

Marvelous funded the PC port. The KS was exclusively for the characters on the PS3 and 360 versions.
By the way I keep reading that Examu and ArcSys are not really in good terms so a new console or PC port would have to be done from the ground up since the latter did the job on the PS3/Steam of LoveMax.

And please if somebody do the next thread, here's the archive: archive.is/BLqeH

I need a new thread.

Add this in the next thread.

fantasystrike.com/blog/2017/play-fantasy-strike-pre-alpha-free-weekend-july-28-30th-on-pc-and-mac

archive.is/7P359
Fucking nintendrones

Are you kidding me? 450K?!

I thought I was a Nintendrone.
I mean, I've got Nintendo Switch, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon2…And every Nintendo console with tons of games going back to the GBC/N64 when I was a kid.

But even I didn't dare touch a game sold 10+ years ago for $10 on Xbox Live at $40 on Switch.
Are people really this fucking stupid?

These are the same people that bought a switch at launch when it's only game was a multiplat

You have no idea how stupid people can be.

(((HAND-RUBBING INTENSIFIES)))

Knowing these lazy kikes, it's gonna be more ports of age old games. But they also have a penchant of pissing people off so it might be a Switch exclusive of something people have been begging for ages like SFA3.