Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
poal.me/a7pawk
youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

poal.me/a7pawk

I only want two things from world:

I can even swallow casualisation, but i can't swallow greed, and i'm quite sure 80% of MH fans think like that, if this game have any semblance of paid DLC, it will be dead on arrival.

Hell, i prefer buying an ultimate version of it in one or two years than having to deal with DLC.

Out of everything being dumbed down for this game, that somehow is the only one that really irks me.

Denuvo would only be a thing for the foreign exclusive PC version, so that wouldn't be so big a deal. Paid DLC would be shit though, though I'm still more concerned about the game itself than the window dressing at this point.

I would honestly rather have G rank DLC than be forced to buy the full game again at full price
Though considering they've already conditioned people to be okay with a year's worth of time-locked on-disc day 1 DLC being in every game, I'm sure they'd nickle and dime people for every little bit if the paid DLC floodgates were opened

Just don't buy it the first time and wait for the full release, like you did with XX, 4G, 3G, etc.

I don't think any MonHun game or any game I've played, for that matter has had DLC preloaded and time/cash locked.

DLC takes away the weight of the content, it always feels disconected from the main game or if they try to make it connected you can see that something is missing in that place and they want you to pay for the missing content.
It never is good.
There was a episode of ross game dungeon where he talks about this and i completely agree with him.

This is not 2chan Makoto, most people in this site will play it on PC and for the PC community it is a very big deal, because we're waiting for a fucking PC monhun that is not fucking frontier since the PSP days.

Not everybody lives in japan, user
And every monhun's DLC is time locked
It's on the cart when the game ships, and they "release" it in monthly packages

There would be functionally no difference between G rank coming in a new game or in DLC
Just like there would have been no difference if Dragon's Dogma got Dark Arisen as an expansion instead of a resold full game

really? that is your example of good dlc?
G missions as DLC would be a npc on a completely idiotic place in the guild hall, or the table where the girls stay would have that obvious hole where the npc would just appear on it, both are complete shit.

I don't know about you, but when i buy a game, i like to have to hassle with payments and shit once and never have to care about that again.
Also, if they release a new upgraded version of the game, even if you don't get that new version, the one you have will still be self contained and complete in itself, just like you can play monhun freedom and have it's full experience even though unite exists.
with DLC that doesn't work anymore.

Or, you know, all the G rank npcs would be in a new area
Like they already have been
Amazing how that works

Fair enough, I guess

Though having an older version of the game and not getting the upgraded version is the same thing as having a base game and not getting the dlc
You seem to have the delusion that the content added in G rank monhun versions is something that can't be added through dlc

Yeah I don't like grappling right back onto a mount. If you fail a mount you've failed a mount, that should be the end of it. Hopefully in High/G-Rank this won't be possible at least.

I've heard it might at least be a timing-based thing, though that could be bullshit ideaguying

So frenchies can get bucked off and…get bucked off again?

So glad that I rarely play with randos anymore.

I really wish I could hate your faggoty ass to death, you double honhon.

New gameplay video, shows HH, HL and LBG.

Don't get me wrong user, i hate it, and if it was my choice i would take it out of the game without thinking twice, but i will not sperg about it like a autist kid. Depending how casual they make this shit i will just pirate to see the new monsters and uninstall after it.
Hell, it's probable that this game will have less than 20 monsters in it like tri did, that's not worth more than 10 dollars.

and the entire panel were they talk about shit for 30 minutes and show some new gameplay videos.

neat

That room looks borderline depressing.

well, it is a auditorium room for events, they normally look drab as fuck.

The technology they shown in the video makes it a little better though. I am definetly impressed, especially with the alligator thing, i would have never have noticed the attention to detail with things such as the rathalos wing skin. I can appreciate all of the effort the MH devs put into making the game look and be as beautiful as possible, but the game is still mechanically fucked. They also showed us things we already know is going to be in the game.

I dont care about their effort though. Im a caring longtime fan so im pirating it first anyways. :^) They better fucking redeem themselves somehow or my money wont be theirs.

Don't really care about console war fanboyism, I just want good games.

Luckily, you have the Internet, so even if you don't live here you don't have to settle for censored easy mode games.

Source? Why does it take so long to download DLC then, do they just drag it out to make it SEEM like it's not preloaded?

I guess if they say anything important it'll show up in Famitsu or Dengeki eventually.

PC is not a console Yoshimoto-chan.

The mindset still applies, which is my point - I don't care about what the "PC community" or the "Nintendo community"or any other faction are interested in.

So what have you all been hunting? I've been thinking of booting up a new file on Portable 3rd or 4G lately myself.

I wanted to fight the lao shen long in XX but i cant solo it and the game is dead so there is no one to help me out. Holla Forums doesnt play XX anymore either so im basically fucked.

I soloed it with Brave Bow. Not even an endgame bow either, just a non-fully-upgraded Nerscylla bow.

Git gud.

I have to leave for work soon, so I can't help right now, but I'll be happy to help when I have time

nigga, you used brave. You're not in a position to tell anyone to get good.

youtube.com/user/CapcomChannel/videos
We got weaps
This is not a drill

thanks for the tip user.

so they added shit from the styles to the weapons they most complemented, like IG have way more air time, and LS having a pseudo parry.
I like LBG to be able to shoot while moving, but letting HBG to do it too is shitty.
Also, anyone recognized any amor from 4u or XX? it could tell which monsters they are bringing back, or if they will make it like Tri and off 80% of the monster pool.

There are a few sets that look like they could be lagombi, but mostly it all just seems to be generic material sets, new monsters, or raths
This is the first game on a real console in about a decade which means they'd
have a lot of catching up to do with textures and modeling, that and they're really focused on making the game fresh and new, I wouldn't expect many old monsters to come back

Also,it's ridiculous how little attention some weapons seem to have gotten compared to GS, which looks like they wanted it to be The weapon for the game

Well, the weapons that actually needed a revamp seems to be getting it, like dual blades and LBG, shit like LS, bow and hammer are already absurdly viable since 3rd gen, so they don't need a lot of work.
Hell, bow is viable since 2nd gen, it's probably the most safe and easy to use weapon in the entire series.
The only one that seems that is still lacking is HH, it still feels off and less versatile than the rest.
Someone lock the french up, cause they will surely shit the game even more than they did with 4th gen.

Also, i hope they add a new ranged weapon, something like a giant boomerang or javelins. we have 12 melee weapons and only 3 ranged ones, it's high time to make a new ranged weapon.

It is euuhgh too lâté, mon amie.

How i think MH worlds will be online:
I can see it now…..

so it will be a true monster hunter experience after all?
You forgot the people that stop fighting the monster to carve the tail and the people that use SnS because they think that makes okay to use items anywhere.

as long as some anons are in that mix that actually sounds fun imo. You gotta enjoy how retarded some hunters are

That sounds stupidly fun, i kind of want to try it.
Being a hammer main you really have few challenges so you kind of gotta find your own.

Frankly the tail point is often the best point to attack as a hammer, almost all monsters have a ~35 hitzone near the tail area and it's very safe to target. The head is often dangerous and quite a few monsters have ~10 or less hitzones on their heads. Of course I suppose it's different if you're playing in a group but if you are in a group targetting hitzones isn't as important.

Are you talking about clearing the urgent or about getting a kill? Solo kill bow is about the only reliable method because lol shoulders, but for a repel all you need to do is stagger him enough times in the final stand by using binders, cannon ammo, ballista shots to the head and the dragonator. Could potentially be done naked with a rusted sword, though I wouldn't exactly reccomend doing that.

Hammer is magical, user.

That last one is my biggest concern. I can picture it now: people running random lobbies will have to specify to everyone if they want to hunt the proper way instead of having hapless idiots running everywhere trying to set up all this environmental shit.

So how do we go from the best Monster Hunter ever made (4U) to casual garbage with Monster Hunter World?

3U is better than 4U

3U is shit, at least it runs well on 3DS.

and MHFU is better than MH3U, your point?
Just hope for a good new monhun, no use in arguing about the older ones

FU is dated and archaic

Eat penis

Not a argument.

not arguing that it is dated, its still better than 3U tho

You forgot people kicking others for not having the same gimped-with-hacked-charm setup as they saw in a gaijinhunter video like they have, before proceeding to triplecart in high rank despite having G-rank gear. This has been Monster Hunters online play since online play moved off of ad hoc. It's also why I strictly play solo.

Deus Ex is better than Mankind Divided.
Fallout 2 is better than Fallout 4.
FU is better than 3U; age has nothing to do with it.

host the server yourself or only join when someone you know hosts so you can be the one to kick autists

Only thing in common is that they're both FPSs, they play nothing alike in the long run.
Basically different genres

They have the same base gameplay with the same gameplay objectives and structure, thus it's possible to compare them fairly.
And 3U is better.

3U has better hitboxes and zones but worse monsters. Everything underwater is automatically shit. The weapon and armor selections are terrible. There aren't enough monsters. FU is held in high regard for amount of content despite movesets being better in later games. Personally 4U is my favorite but FU is fucking fantastic. 3U just doesn't have enough content for me and what is there is ruined by underwater shit.

3U is the only game where Hunting Horn is good.
Please bring my baby back.

I liked it in 4U, but X/Gen killed it. Fuck everything.

The Caravan in 4U makes me not like it as much as FU, Pokken Village(the farm especially) is ecessively comfy.

English version of the weapon videos.
They divided the weapons in 3 categories, Light, Heavy and Technical.

Technical weapons master race!

While my favorite is the bow, almost all weapons i use is on the heavy category.
Though i can't use a great sword even if my life depended on it.

You probably can now, Combo GS has been ridiculously buffed, and you can cancel out of a charge into a shoulder bash

The one thing i can be sure of is that Dauntless is completely fucked.

Dauntless was always fucked, it didn't look great from day 1 and everything they've released about it since has only dug its hole further down

both axes from SW and CB have the same ability with upward slash, GS to some extent too but animation is slower

Last time i co-op'ed with buddy he launched me onto flying seregios and i mounted that nigga as result, fuck i'd give my kidney for ability to play world on PC right now

Any one here impressed by new combat features of any weapons? And with their weapon of choice? It looks impressive.

My weapons of choice didn't really get anything new that we've seen, so I'm slightly salty

My fav weapon got lots of love! Im ready to go apeshit in this game like how i did the previous ones!

i prefer to not use GS at all than to be a pleb while at it.

The GS moveset flows like water now, at this point anything you do other than charge and attack can be considered lost dps

Gen 1 GS didn't have a charge attack, combo GS was the only way to play. It was also one of the worst weapons as a result.

I understand that it is viable now, but it still is they plebeians play, i have at least 5 other weapons that i can use without any trouble, not gonna use a weapon if it's to take the easiest route.

On other news, i heard that capcom will talk about the returning monsters soon, i hope they bring back at least all the elder dragons.
Fighting lao-shan lung on something that is not FU will be amazing.
Also hope they bring the tower back.

That's a lot of elder dragons
It's got that same bloat that's happened to pokemon legendaries over time

Didn't you play XX yet?

when i say the elder dragons, i mean kushala, teostra and lunastra, chameleos, kirin, amatsumagatsuchi, amatsukami, akantor/ukanlos, lao-chan and all the fatalis.

I never played the 3DS games, i don't even know what are the elder dragons on them with the exception of gogmazios and dalamadur

I am boycotting nintendo since the AM2R fiasco, almost bought a 3DS, but that's out of the question now.
Gonna have to wait until someone makes a good 3DS emulator.

Those aren't elder dragons

Also getting a hacked 3ds is how you fuck nintendo since you can download games directly from their store for free and there's nothing they can do about it

Get a used one, slap some cfw onto it and jew the everliving fuck out of them.

Not including any boring subspecies.
Gen 1: Kirin, Lao Shan (?), Fatalis, Crimmy Fatty
Gen 2: Teo, Luna, Kushy, Chammy, White Fatty
Gen 3: Ceadus, Alatreon, Amatsu, Jhen M., not sure what else. Never played third gen, only FU 4U and Gen.
Gen 4: Shagaru Magala, Dahren M., Dalamadur, Gogmazios.
I think I forgot some, but w/e.
Anyways, I'd be pretty happy to see a mostly new roster for MHW, although I'd also love to see just a little bit of love for some of the good gen 2 and 3 lategame monsters like Rajang, Deviljho, maybe Brachydios, etc. I really hope the gen 2 roaming elders (Kushy, Teo/Luna, Chammy) are in it, as I can imagine them looking and playing amazing in HD with some minor updates and map interaction.
Just imagine Teostra explosions ripping trees apart, or Kushala tornadoes baring the ground underneath as they move.

Gen 4 includes XXX, which had Valfalk and Atlal Ka

Was MHW made by a French dev team?

You'd know the answer to that if you saw the wonderful new tricks IG has

I can't wait to be a huge katana-wielding edgelord

Near as we can tell it's still technically developed by the real devs, but trying as hard as they can to appeal to foreigners, so might as well be.

youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU
I just wanted a PC monhun game not this.

And thus, another XxKIRITOxX was born.

The VA can be changed to MonHun gobbledegook.
It's a tutorial of course it's reminding the players of the controls constantly.
You can turn the damage numbers off.
Scout flies aren't as broken as psychoserum, like you've ever fucking ran out of psychoserum/paintballs.
The map is gigantic compared to abstracted zones, you can't travel while the monster is aggro'd. You can't just zone out to deaggro and guzzle buffs/potions/sharpeners in oerfect safety.

At least fucking google the game before you regurgitate you half-knowledge all over your fischer price 3DS.

Considering how easy it is to summon other players or even other monsters to distract a monster, you wouldn't need to, because you'll have a million and one free openings to heal whenever you want.

Not an argument. If you had to rely on this until now you better neck yourself, shitter.

anyone want to autistically argue with me about the new MH? looks bretty good but theres still room for skepticism.

Warframe Pinecones?

You are wrong because of reasons

Just set language to Japanese to keep them out

Prepare your buttholes, we will be seeing a insane amount of dual blades that will pass the entire mission trying to hit a aerial attack like a idiot

LS is easier to use, made of superior nippon steel, and not to be outdone, that adept dodge thing before the jump attack leaves an afterimage for extra anime

Different armor sets being shown and some different weapons against the anjanath

And the stamina bar barely depletes.
That clips like crazy.
Except it's Rocksteady +5 and another 40 points worth of skills.

Really makes you think.

I've solo'd every single quest in FU shitface, go fiddle with your 3DS.

You couldn't even solo your way out of a wet paper bag, famigo.

Reminder that these fucking plebians are whom Capcom is trying to reach with this game. I'll be sure to only play with Holla Forums and my friends. God help anyone who dares to brave the pubs.

It's going to be a shock after doing XX randoms with Japs. They make the process very simple.

Was going to homebrew my 3DS soon for XX, but I'm honestly a bit nervous about it. I get the feeling that I'm intruding on the Nips' territory. Even if I do well, I feel like I just don't belong. I imagine they all get that same sense of dread I do when a Mexican or a Frenchie joins the lobby. I guess I could just go with a Jap name and try not to let it slip. Do they have certain conditions when it comes to behavior aside from being polite?

Is it "Heavenly Eye" or "Divinesight" Tamamitsune? Divinesight sounds more literal and true to translation, but Heavenly Eye is a Buddhist thing that makes more sense to me.

There isn't much beyond having rank appropriate gear, not taking forever to get ready, and greeting everyone upon joining. I don't even see theoryshitters demanding you use certain weapons (I only find that acceptable with hame setups) like I do in some 4U rooms. With randoms I've had Hyper Jho runs where there were several LS users and a GL user and it still went well because everyone was able to respect each others' space.

So, Generations is my first MH, I've been trying for days to beat the first few quests.
I'm usually pretty good at these kinds of games but it feels like the monsters are just bullet sponges that down you in 2 or 3 hits. I end up running out of health potions and whetstones before I can kill these fuckers. What am I doing wrong here? Is the entire game like this? ffs this is the first 3 quests available to me.

Experiment with different weapons to find the one that fits you best. If you're playing X/XX, start with Guild Style and ignore Hunting Skills for the moment. Learn monster behaviors, and practice dodging or if your weapon has a shield blocking.

If you are too slow, try using something like the Sword/Shield or Dual Blades.

The key is to attack whenever there is an opening and DODGE when they try to attack. You are still bound to lose a few potions though. As long as you dont play like a retard and use your head then you are good!

Does the game get worse later on? because I'm really put off by this. I'm down for a challenge but not when the "challenge" is me whittling the enemy for 45 min with little sign of progress.
I also really hate the controls, they're so damn stiff and unwieldy.

The game will get more difficult, but you will get better at playing it, so it won't be so bad.

I'll give it a chance. Would it be easier with coop or would it just scale the monsters health?

My opinion on World rather 180'd after seeing the weapon show-offs. I think there's a pretty good chance it won't be shit.

Well shoot, those are easy enough. I already meet those requirements with English speakers. Guess I'll just have to get over the language barrier. It'll take some getting used to, but it'll all be worth it for blind innocent bubble wyvern. Appreciate the advice

I felt the same way when I started back in FU. Trust me, you will get better at the game if you put in the effort. Find a weapon you love. After that, learn the monster's attacks, learn their weak spots a distinct sound plays and more blood is shown when you hit them there craft better nonsense and become the Fashion Hunter.
Also avoid Dual Blades like the plague when you start out. Even though those are my favorite weapons, it's hopeless to use them without Razor Sharp.

Eventually you'll rarely have to use potions, know your weapon and the monster really well, and you could be downing the toughest ones in the game in 10-15 minutes solo.
Monsters gain more health if you coop, but the damage you all deal outweighs that. Don't let yourself be carried by people though. It's best to try and understand the meaner monsters first before tackling them with others. Otherwise you'll bring them down, too.
But hey, you do you. Maybe you'll end up playing with some anons here at some point.

Remember that every action in the game has a certain amount time needed to be done, that is true for monsters and they have the same values in their attacks, that's the whole reason for the flexing after taking a potion, it's because it time value needs to be as high as a big monster move to balance out risk and reward.

One full combo from SnS is equivalent (in time) to a lv2 GS charge or a kutku peck attack. Drinking anything that is not a full meat (well done steak and similars) is equivalent to a rathian/rathalos dash attack, any monster idle animation or a tigrex roar.
After you get the numbers down, you will know which actions can be made based one what is the monster doing, this game is a reactive game, you react to the monster actions, if you try to act before the monster you will probably get hit hard.
Best way to learn how the game works is using slow weapon, that way you will be forced to think about what the monster is doing and where/what you need to be/do based on that.
I recommend using hammer, it has good unsheathed speed, it's very powerful, and the super pound is way more lenient than it looks like.

Until you get the hang of not getting hit and hitting it until it dies perfectly, don't even bother caring about damage, motion multipliers, area damage or shit like that, that's only useful to make the hunt more efficient, if you can't even kill without getting hit, it will not be as useful as people make say it will. That's actually another good reason to use hammer, then you also can stop caring about elemental damage and just go with the one with better raw damage and sharpness.

Honestly generations is a terrible starting point to the series as the monster's deliberately antagonistic ai and ability to track the player excessively encourage the use of the broken styles/hunter arts and reduce the main draw of monster hunter, which is that you should be fighting around the monster and watching it's tells to keep yourself safe against an enemy much stronger than you. The heavy focus on positioning and commitment to an attack is what makes monster hunter interesting compared to many newer action games where i-frames and low commitment attacks in fast paced combat are the main draws. However Generations, probably World (not that world looks bad, but it looks like 'Dragon's Dogma: Lizards Only Edition' right now) and to a lesser extent 4U/G shifted away from the monster being in control and the hunter playing around the monster's movements to the player being in control and the monster just being a set-piece. Although even as I say that it's still an exaggeration and there is fun to be had in generations as a monster hunter game, but it definitely isn't as a apparent as other entries in the series.

You might have also made a mistake somewhere, there shouldn't be any hunt quests until you've cleared 3 or so gathering and small monster slaying quests. If you're playing by yourself and you're not familiar with the game you absolutely should only be doing quests that you can take from the village (where the alpaca roam). If you're fighting anything bigger than a colorful velociraptor you've gone to the guild hall, and all guild hall monsters are balanced to be fought with 2 or more players and do not scale down health or damage if you're playing solo..

If you are doing the village quests and you honestly think this just from fighting the maccao I really have nothing other to say to you than 'improve your skill'.

The area where you can do quests that allow for multiple players have monsters with more health than the solo-only village quests, but the amount doesn't scale based on number of players, i.e. a hunt with 2 hunters or 4 will have monsters with equal health values.

It makes you wonder why they didnt show off the weapons to begin with

well see they wanted to tip you off that the game is going to be garbage from the start , as opposed to leading you along like Gen/X/XX did.

Seriously mantles are the stupidest shit and them existing should be good enough reason for everyone to just not play it

>>>/reddit/

Damn I wasn't aware that disliking a "90 second 60 skillpoints and take reduced damage" meant I loved nintendo.

To be more specific, the monsters in the multiplayer quests (the gathering hall ones) will have more HP regardless of if you're playing solo or co-op. It doesn't matter if you go in with 2, 3, or 4 people, or even go in solo, or go in to them offline; those quests will always have the same base HP, and that base HP will be higher than a quest for the same monster from the village quests. There is some variance in HP though, because different quests may have slightly different base values, quests with multiple monsters will usually have each monster at reduced HP, and monsters will randomly have size differences that change things like that.

will they make special armor for the platforms like they did for nintendo and konami? like a master chief armor for xbox, a kratos one for ps4 and a HEV suit for steam?

Maybe for consoles, but considering PC won't even have a simultaneous launch, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I could see it happening

I'm with you, the game has some aspects that are shit, but the whole "don't stagger" thing on that mant? It's gonna rape you. Monsters notably have attacks that hit more than once.

Remember rape ape's gatling fists?

huh, would be neat.

Steam? I know it's coming out on PS4, plus getting a PC and Xbone release in the West, but never heard of a system called Steam.

Here we go again.

I'm really glad monster hunter is finally getting a game off of handhelds but I'm absolutely furious with all the casual shit they are adding.

Such a shame that it seems that they are doing away with gunner armor in MHW.
Some of my favorite armors sets were gunner armor.

Its fists are easy to get around, its sonic the hedgehog spinny attacks are what fucked me up back in 4U. It seemed way more intimidating in 4U in general too. I think it got nerfed in XX due to me never seeing its homing sonic attack.

I mean, that sucks but… I suppose that means that I don't have to see a spanky version of an armor set and lament that I can't use a blade with it.

I don't follow.

It's kind of a given that that will happen when you move away from handhelds - larger budgets means more pressure from executives to lower the bar of entry. It's the reason why most of the hardcore games of the past decade and a half have been handheld exclusives.

Wow looks like they want to spend less on the game development and have less costumes. How the fuck we have a bright future of the series in 2014 to fucking casual hell in 2017 only 3 years??!!

Leddit and jewtube. Everyone and their dogs latched onto it.

Why do the monsters all bleed rocks?

Giving Monster Hunter internet connectivity was a mistake. HUGE mistake.

Jappo censorship, last I recall blood's been censored to dust there for some time

Its like as if you are ignoring everything else about the game. It looks to cost about tens of millions to make. It seems like they are making compromises thats all. The gunner armor along with certain armor mechanics are all ive seen been shitcanned, its sad but there isnt anything we can do about it. Its quite counter productive to make an entirely new set of armor just to use ranged weapons also, it gives players more options with what they have.

Cant wait to see more armor design in MHW though.

I've literally never heard of this. Japs only censor vaginas, penises, and occasionally nipples. I would expect this kind of behavior from China or Germany, not Japan.

Violence is censored all the time in nip media. Go look up japanese god of war.

We still have a ton more monsters coming, and quite a few returning sets. I'm just glad I don't have to play on a shitty 3ds anymore.

Portable monster hunter is comfy af. Its probably your hands that was too big for it. But I agree, the series needs to move on and im glad that it wont be on one of the worst performing modern consoles anymore. Seeing MH at this potential is fucking arousing.

My hands do cramp up when playing, my dick is diamonds for this game though. I'm hoping for a demo next month after gamescom but its a long shot.

I've got my sincere doubts it'll escape handheld's clutches for good at any point considering the fucking massive amount of dosh MH makes on Nintendo handhelds, but it is neat to see a true blue PC game for it. PS4 has a game that's not Nioh and Xbone finally has a game to boot.

I don't care if it's on handheld or not, I just want it to escape the fucking 3DS's clutches. That hardware is atrocious. The god damn fucking PSP had a higher screen resolution.

That's true of vidya as a whole.

I don't know what it means, but the rathian set they showed while using CB actually have the gunner armor torso, so it can be that gunner armor is coming back or that they will mix gunner/blade armor into a new remixed version of them.

I remember when some anons used to complain that the game lacks colors and I thought they were a bit full of shit, but this video evidence is quite shocking.

Preferably I would in fact prefer it to be saturated, where shit just POPS. MHW compared to that seems dull and kinda smeared with blue so I cant really notice that much detail in the environment.

he hit that monster, or like button, an even number of times, therefore this webm ends with "ME" unliking what he liked

I get what this guy's going for, and I know he's not able to do much aside from fuck with the contrast and saturation on everything at once, but his fixed version looks way too yellow in most cases.

Thats what the sun does user, look at africa, its yellow as fuck in some cases. Im saying that MH is supposed to be bright and colorful and the saturated version is superior and truer to the games predecessors. I dont care if the devs visited actual rainforests, the game still looks pretty drab without that added saturation.

user you posted a single rainforest picture.
I don't disagree with you, it looks drab, but if you're going to compare, at least find pictures of the same angle on the same type of biome.

Has this guy even played 'classic' monster hunter? At best you'd be pressed to even say his color adjustments resemble gen 4 aesthetisc, and considering how he talks like such a idiot I wouldn't be surprised if that is his idea of 'classic.'
The colors being bland is an issue of lacking clean blues and greens, not more saturated colours. If anything it stems from using a half-assed modern lighting system blurring everything together instead of pre-baked properly designed lighting.The game had lots of greys and browns, but they contrasted with the very distinct greens and blues in the game, not that much focus was given to strong reds and yellows, which usually comprised middle plane colors in the composition.
Of course there is still the hope that this map we've been shown is specifically designed to give the impression of being at a very equatorial latitude and we'll be seeing maps with a more temperate atmosphere about them.

What the fuck even is this planet?

I have no idea dude. Whatever woman in the ratings board is feeling at the moment.

The only reason anyone localizes anything is to censor it.

The issue with the original is that it almost looks like there's a "grey filter" and it can be "fixed" by just simply raising the contrast and lowering brightness. The guy in the video just fucking pisses on everything and looks awful.

You guys really need to stop using this shit quality screenshots, we already have high quality ones.

I was trying my best to compare specifically to the video the user I was replying to posted. Thanks for the screenshots though.

What are you smoking?
It's clearly the female Blademaster torso.

I just assumed it would aromatically change depending on what weapon you have equipped since it's now the weapons that give the armor or resistance buffs. That's a little disappointing to hear gunner armor being removed.

Is monster hunter xx hard to play in japanese

All the colors in the world can't make that pig disgusting English speaking tutorial cute though.

No it's just not fun to play because whether it's in English or Japanese it's a very bad game. They took the Bethesda approach to difficulty.

fresh blood lurker posting in bread
>first experience playing monhun on ps2 never finished because fuck that sand shark needing rare sonic bombs to kill and not having farmland

Recommend me the best pre-World practice so i can be less of a shitter when it comes out. Thanks!

Play 2G and Portable 3rd on PSP, then 3G and 4G on 3DS and then when World comes out you can be appalled by how disgustingly easy and boring it is like the rest of us

I bought MonHunGenerations.
I have never played Monster Hunter.
What the FUCK do I do, and did I fuck up and buy the wrong game?

Probably the worst to start with. Since you're on a 3DS go get 3G, or if you have a PSP get 2G or Portable 3rd.

I think if he got to at least star 7 in mhfu, he's good enough to just practice in World if he's rusty. Playing through four different games he's just going to get brunt out and not play Worlds at all. And isn't 3rd and just 3G with less content? Only drawback of 3G is no Amatsu (and water combat is shit).

Why are you recommending him all of the japanese games you weeb?!? Theres people here that dont read japanese.

You can emulate Portable 3rd and if you have a cfw 3ds you can download both 3U/3G and 4U/4G/4 on freeshop. They are great games aside from 3U not having online multiplayer.

The "piss" filter is more familiar to me because I live in Florida, it usually looks like that when i go outside during hot days. Your solution to the problem may work but I like how the guy who made the video made details that wasnt visible prior to raising the saturation pop out of nowhere.

You fucked up user, that game is a gimmicky mess made by another team. Get 4U its the best one on the 3ds by far. Dont get 3U it has no online multiplayer and the underwater battles are abysmal.

Play the game.

4u it is, no one seems to play in the lobbies on Generations, its empty. Ive always wanted to try the series but not sure how to get started once im playing

I'm just giving suggestions for him to have fun with the games

Nah, that's Tri on the Wii. Portable 3rd was a wholly different game, though because it shares a generation there's a lot of monster overlap.

The sooner you fix that, the better off you'll be. I can't in good conscience recommend games with toned down difficulties or cancerous "localizations."

You say that like it's a dealbreaker.

Keep in mind that in the case of X, everyone's long since moved on to XX and you can't crossplay between them. Also, the games are region locked for online, so if you're looking for online play, you'll be stuck playing with foreigners if you play with the foreign version.

Has this ever happened in a MH game?

Are you assuming that he's japanese? If he was he'd probably not get the western version, no? I don't understand.

fug, meant to reply to

3G has been proven, and there is suspicion for 4G and X getting toned down but AFAIK no one's actually checked the code.

Fair enough, bad wording on my part. If you play the Western version, you'll get stuck playing with the Westerners, which by all accounts is a horrible fate.

I think you're being a little too careful, really should just experiment on your own until you at least kill the Great Jaggi in 4U before asking for serious advice. Just be sure to try out all the weapons.

That being said, some basic tips:

Any source? Quick jewgle search doesn't bring up anything.

In the case of 3G? Foreign players have reported having 51 points in Defense Power even without any armor equipped at all as a default that stacks with any armor equipped.

And I guess if you're for some reason unfamiliar with i-frames: You're invincible for a few frames while rolling, so it's possible to just roll right through a monster's attack unharmed if you time it just right. It's a pretty small, very specific window. Maybe good for a beginner to practice this with easy monsters as it'll be riskier when fighting stronger monsters where it may just better to roll away until you git gud.

And also, you shouldn't be afraid to do quests where you fight two monsters at once, as both monsters will have less health, so it's really just double the materials for the time it would normally take to kill one. Just don't forget to bring poop. You can throw poop at monsters to separate them as you don't want both monsters in the same area.

In 3U it's 50 free defense. 4U and Generations are just rumors though, no one has ever proven anything, and I've heard rumors of the opposite as well. Kiranico has specific stats listed and they're mostly identical between X and Gen; for some reason, X shows off a massively inflated attack value for some monsters or quests seemingly at random compared to Gen (sometimes around 4x as much, sometimes identical), but Kiranico has had some incorrect info listed in other places from what I've seen. I've got both X and Gen, I'll try finding a quest with a huge difference to test it out with identical armor.

Well fug, thats really fucking gay. 50 defense should hardly matter in GR, but who knows if they secretly change other stats.

That'd be helpful. I'd feel like a turbo casual if stats were actually toned down.

I did more looking on Kiranico and attack values seem to be all over the place. For some, X and Gen are identical, for others Gen is higher, or X is higher, or there are slight differences here and there. It's almost completely inconsistent. Most of the Advanced village quests seem to have 2-3x as high values for the monsters in X, so I decided to try "Advanced: Sly Swooper". It's for Yian Garuga. I used an identical set and no food buffs, and I even used the same save I imported between the two, so everything I could control was exactly identical. Kiranico has an attack multiplier of 2.3x listed on this quest for X, Gen has 1.29x listed, so in X I should have taken noticeably more damage. However, from my limited testing, damage taken seemed to be about the same. His big fireball took off about half my health bar in either one, and his pecks took off about 2 and a half of the little spikes on top of the health bar. This doesn't actually prove anything, it was just a quick, random ~15 minute test, so if anyone else wants to do anything more thorough go ahead.

I noticed that the biggest differences were the Advanced quests, which tended to have huge numbers listed for X, but small ones similar to the ordinary ones for Gen. I remember when Gen was first released in the west, many people here noticed that the Advanced monsters seemed to hit way harder than the regular ones. A lot of us had checked Kiranico and saw it listed similar attack multipliers for them compared to the ordinary ones, even though they seemed to do far more damage. None of us ever bothered to check the values listed for X, did we? I wonder if these things could have been related. Kiranico's info for Gen could simply be incorrect. I remember getting rewards from some quests Kiranico didn't list as being possible for it, and other times not getting rewards Kiranico claimed had 100% reward rates, so these being wrong too wouldn't surprise me.

Considering at endgame you're hard pressed to get rare upgrade items just to squeeze in an extra 2 points of defense, I'd say 50 still matters a lot, especially for Gunners.

How is MH portable 3rd better than MHFU, if at all?

The only thing MHP3rd has on MHFU is that it has slightly better hitboxes. MHFU is still the objectively better game

Better pre-hunt buffing system, quest pouch, better farm, no weapon upgrade paths that zigzag back and forth across weapon families, and a few other QOL improvements.

I hope you're at least a jap, because if you're just a weeabo, then that's fucking pathetic.

[muffled reeeing]
There is absolutely nothing wrong with clearing village quests first to grind out HR equipment faster (village monsters have MUCH less hp) then smashing through low and high rank guild so you can get to g-rank faster, where the game actually starts.

WHY DOES MH WORLD LOOK SO FUCKING WASHED OUT AND GRAY? WHY ARE DEVELOPERS STILL GOING FOR THE FUCKING BROWN N' GRAY N' REALISTIC LOOK?

REAL LIFE COLORS ARE VIBRANT AS FUCK UNLESS THE DEVS ARE COLORBLIND

WHY MUST WE ALWAYS FIX THIS SHIT BY OURSELVES WITH RESHADES AND SWEETFX SETTINGS WHEN IT'S SOMETHING THE DEVS THEMSELVES CAN FIX BETTER IN JUST 5 FUCKING MINUTES BY ADDING PROPER POST-PROCESSING COLORS?

WHY

I am, but my argument is always to go for originals rather than foreignizations, in both directions - only the ignorant or pathetic would play, for instance, the Easy Mode Japanese foreignization of Battletoads.

Because World is specifically aiming for the foreign audience, which means they're aiming for the Call of Madden people.

Can you create a character in MH Stories?

Reminder that MHW will have Mantles that give you 4-5 armour skills for free, which recharge after a cooldown, and which can be switched around ta base camp so that you can transition straight from one to the other with no real downtime.

Why not just grab it off FreeShop and find out? I think you could, but I don't really remember, the game was fucking awful and I deleted it quickly

I'll do just that.

If you have ~700 defense as a blademaster that's like ~5% less damage taken, which should hardly matter. I agree on gunners and it generally being gay though.

Why do you come here? Are you a westaboo? Not trying to attack you or anything, just genuinely curious
Also what do the nips think about MHW? Does the average player care more or less about the apparent casualization than the average westerner (i.e. not at all)? What about more hardcore players? Sorry for all the questions, wew

Got around to playing MHFU again after putting it off for 6 years. I never was able to get past the elder quests since I was so bad at video games at that time, but now I'm at HR6 and comfortably climbing up.

Been watching videos of how people use GS on faster monsters like blangonga and holy shit they're so edgy (specifically the music). What was it about monhun that attracted people like this?

2ch is an LDP spy, and this is a good place to maintain/improve my English.

I like good Western shit and hate bad Western shit. I like good Jap shit and hate bad Jap shit. People think I'm a weeaboo when posting here, and I'm sure if I posted on 2ch they'd think I was a westaboo. Basically what you'd expect from people who think of one as the norm and the other as different.

I don't know anyone I'd classify as a hardcore player, but the handful of people I know who care about MonHun are hesitant on it, and I'm not sure if that's genuine or if they're being stereotypically polite and not saying their real opinion of it being complete fucking shit. These are people who for the record played X/XX and at least enjoyed it enough to "finish" it, though generally preferred 4. Being a PS4 exclusive probably isn't going to do it any favors either.

MH worlds drops:
Maybe it'll do subpar in the sales or maybe it won't. But Capcom are banking on it cementing itself among the casual audience which it will do for a while before fading away in about 6 months with a discount being the first nail in its coffin.

Yeah this won't sell to casuals like they are betting on because of the steep learning curve.

I can't imagine any of these faggots beating anything like pics related.

You mean the one you hold R and move in a direction to avoid 100% of the time?

Why these 2 specifically? They're both G Jaggi tier.

pic 1

pic 2

You gotta think like a normalfag my man

T-thanks

That sounds more like DSP than your average normalfag. If you posted Rathalos/Diablos I'd be more on board with that.

Japan and had a lot of changes to what is allowed on television and console games since the early 00s. They are still allowed to show all the violence, gore and nudity (minus genitals) they want in private stuff you buy yourself. Like manga, anime/movie dvds, and PC games however stuff on TV is very regulated. Console games are also regulated the same way but it is by the choice of the console makers. From my understanding they want to comply with Japan's rating board to broaden their audience. A lot of people believe these changes are the reason why the japanese anime and game industries are so overtly sexual now. The creators feel barred and are rebelling within the rules like how headpats are now a sexual act in anime. It is also why "localizers" claiming that Japanese content has to be toned down to fit western "regulations" is the biggest pile of bullshit.

Modern Capcom appealing to a wider audience always results in the same thing it pisses off the fans continues to be just as boring to the vast majority then completely tanks in sales. Especially with Monster Hunter which never had a mainstream following so normals cannot be wooed over with nostalgia. Also with sales even finally starting to go down in Japan I think this might actually be the end of monster hunter.

This surprised me as well first time I looked up some mhfu videos, but I guess that for one edgy music was popular back in the day, but also it was an obscure game, so you got obscure people playing it. By the time it got popular, mhfu was an old game so no more people made videos for it and what's left are these ancient edgy fucks.

Weren't they the casual filters of Tri and 3U, respectively?

Hopefully something as good as it used to be, or maybe even better, will be made to fill the void. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes of a burning pile of rancid manure. I'd rather see MH die than become the next Dark Souls, or CoD, or any first-party Nintendo series of your choice. Having nothing is better than having a bastardization of what you loved wearing its skin while smearing itself in shit.

Yeah, like what happened to megaman right?

What happened to megaman was that they stopped making games for the good series and focused on low effort nostalgia bait that nobody even wanted, which lead to the classic spiteful japanese businessman train of thought of "Oh well they're not buying it so I guess nobody wants megaman anymore"

I would hardly call Ryuusei no Rockman nostalgia bait.

Why do so many companies do this? Not just with videogames, but with pretty much anything.

Because to them a brand name is only useful if people will buy it simply because of the brand name no matter what, otherwise it might as well not exist.

Starforce was a long time ago user, and people actually liked it even though it shat on BN
The last "real" game was in the classic series, which by the end devolved into shovelware, and since then they've just been rereleasing collections and shit

Even the MMO was cancelled, despite the fact that garbage MMOs are the only things capcom puts out that seem to consistently stay afloat

You'll still have people being carried. Rooms full of incompetents with G5 armors, no talismans, no slot used and no slot activated. These fuckers will still try to post their volvidon+ great maccau quest in your room and faggots will allow them. Meanwhile you'll never find anyone for your quests.

I swear, they shouldn't let you go online until you're able to finish every village quest alone. Or at least have only people on your level.

That's just how a lot of gaming videos were back then. Very similar to those AMV's that were popular at the time as well.

what's wrong with autoguard?
I don't always have a charm that would reach the threshold for another skill, and it lets me putter around so I don't have to remain stationary when I block an attack.
and sometimes I even end up blocking an attack that I would was out of range, but now I don't take full damage

I have no words

Thats why you dont play with randoms. :^)

But I have no friends so i have no choice

is it because it's blocking with training wheels?
Help a noob out. What's so wrong with it?

or any of your friends who do like MH stop before they even reach village HR

This. The only guy that is interested in MH quits pre HR. Not soloing everything would be fun, but I really don't want to play with randoms

Not everybody uses a GS that you can sheath in time for that shit, nigger.

I'll help you out if you agree to be my friend (making friends with retards is a hobby of mine)

s-sure
but it's almost 8 AM and I'm supposed to be asleep at least 2 hours ago

Ryuusei's only 11 years old.

Which is that?

Isn't that multiplayer only?

Just solo it, other than crap like the Extreme monsters at the end of 4G or getting A ranks in Arena, the game's generally more exciting solo.

Really illustrates the gap in time zones, it's just shy of 9 PM here.

What I found out works most times is to simply walk (weapon still unsheathed) towards the direction from which he slams. It causes him to overshoot you, and you just repeat until he stops.

britbong?

Also, do you mean friends on 3DS? If so, I only have MH4U. I was a bit put off by styles and hunter arts. It felt like a naruto-tier shounen anime.

Which game are you on? I can get 4U open easily but I recently wiped double cross/gen so I'll have to re-install it again if that's all you've got.

Yeah, I'm on 4U. Just got into G3, if I remember correctly, but I've been going back to lower quests for the wycoon trades. but sure why because the armors I could most likely suck

Mega Man 10

Get in nerd:
54-5075-8389-6373

give me like 5 mins

Nah, for them it's like noon right now I think. Japan

I kept hearing people talk about a 9 and 10 being made, but I've never seen it anywhere, thought it was just a hoax. Was it just really low print and hard to find?

Worse, it was a digital only console game

Well there's the problem right there, digital only here is the same as saying you don't have a game at all. The fact they didn't make a boxed product means they put no real work or effort into it, which matches up with how shitty Capcom's treatment of Rockman has been for god knows how long now.

OH SHIT WAIT UP.

Yes, that's why I said it turned into shovelware

Its full. Just my luck.

I don't have special permit. you might be able to take my place

Makes sense

Just double checking, you guys are doing NA/EU version? If so, gotta pass, but hope you all have fun.

empty spot now

So the auto-guard nerd didn't give me their fc, multiple special permit only quests were posted when we had two g2 players, we had a cart&quit in under 5 minutes on the first quest that actually went through, and now a baguette joined and is dictating our picks.
Quality board.

We had an agreement nerd, you better give me that fc soon.

it says 5215-4981-3498

I lost connection, gonna rejoin after i pee.

what's your fc?

You won't have this problem with Monster Hunter: World®, how cool is that? Sadly pretty much everyone on here will be playing on PC and japs don't own gayman PCs

next time, set up a password. Holla Forumsirgins can join, no one else

I am consistently grateful for the region locks the game uses.

It's not really a problem for me to begin with, I only really do multiplayer to help others out or give this thread some activity, I mainly solo. As for World, I'm probably going to just skip it entirely, since it's a PS4 exclusive here.

Everyone did, the frenchie je suis monte'd so hard he crashed the fucking room. I'll set up a new one in a minute.

I've sent a request to you, this 3ds is fairly new, so I should show up as a generic mii. Also, you're now friends with everyone in the thread, enjoy your gangbang tilly.

The carter was from here, rip in piss schlomo your desire to exlcusively do key quests may(?) be missed

22-6947-6113-7062
Pass is 1111, frankly I'm surprised there's this much activity this time of day, so I didn't expect to be able to fill a room exclusively with people from this thread.

Don't know what to tell you, I've never had people with that poor etiquette on the Japanese servers is all I can say.

wtf i hate Holla Forums now?

I hate these people most of all. Round robin is the way to go; if it's not a round robin room, then expect the host to be the one putting up quests. Don't barge into an existing room and try making everyone else do your quests, either wait your turn or make your own room.

I have, but I'm pretty sure they weren't Japanese.

To be fair the room was 'gathering/fishing/delivery' 'Small monsters', but I always underestimate just how retarded people can get.
I personally don't feel round robin is a neccessity, especially for key quest rooms, however I don't really play online to get help from others so I never really care that much if I can't pick any quests.

I was going to say that they'll surely release it on PC in japan, but they also didn't sell DDDA until now.
You can still just VPN up and buy the western version or pirate it.

I don't see it. Is the 3DS friend system not symmetrical?

Fair enough then.

Autoguard means nothing if you're using longsword.

Yup. Barroth is the first monster with:

But yeah, Diablos and rathalos are good picks, but i'm betting something is gonna be in this game that will just fuck your shit up if you are not on your toes.

ALLONS-Y!
Or they have autoguard with a shield and proceed to have their stamina bar disappear when teammates attacks trigger the guard.

Why is it so fucking hard to find people who can fight 140 Shagaru?

I had honestly never heard of people having trouble with duramboros until this thread, how long has this been a thing?

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't GS proc auto-guard?

It looks the same as every pre 4th gen monhun.

I ran out of time on my first Duramboros fight, I'll admit it. Didn't cart once, but I took way too long. Some people try to play really safe and cautious and when they need to be aggressive it screws them.

It's one of those monsters where they become a cakewalk once you realize what is happening.

You sound pretty cute too, you should join my retard harem. Unfortunately I don't have time to play right now but maybe I'll see you around.

Everything I've seen about World suggests the exact opposite.

There can now be 5 monsters on the map at the same time
Jhos hunt in packs, arisen

It looks more colorful than the PSP/PS2-era MH games I remember playing

First I've heard. I should check out Famitsu or Dengeki to see if there's any new interviews I guess.

I feel like I'm missing a reference to something here.

Oh, you poor thing

>now take out the other 4 on the map

Are you sure about that?
Where is your proof?

I'm searching for anything that says that, but I'm coming up dry.

I don't have any proof, and that's the best evidence in the world
People have been saying that's the new limit, because of extrapolation from the scoutflies UI

Yeah, see, I'm not taking anything as fact until I hear Tsujimoto or Fujioka say it.

Fair enough

Then don't hunt with randoms or the French, or better yet stop being a casual and hunt on your own.

U fokken wot m8.

At the very least, we have 3 monsters on a map at once confirmed. 5 seems like it's pushing it, but the footage so far does prove that the old 2 monster limit is gone, so it's possible.

Makoto, you disappoint us all.

The combat in MHW does seem more like how it does in that game, which has one of my favorite combat systems. That in my opinion is one of the good things coming out of MHW. Faster combat, more responsive, more movement and attacks to use, more ways to fuck up monster in general. No magic though.

Jagras hunt in packs

This is exactly what I've been saying, there's nothing wrong with dragon's dogma as a game, but it isn't monster hunter. Large monsters in dragon's dogma don't act with consideration to player movement, however player movement is given so much freedom and power that it doesn't really matter whether the monster is properly balanced or not since you will alwyas have more power and options than the ai does.
I know a lot of people like to suck dd's cock, and I'm glad it's not turning out to be 'oblivion with lizards', but dragon's dogma is not monster hunter and I'm still not satisfied with 3 consecutive entries to monster hunter being released without a single one of them being true to the series' strengths.

I seriously hope you don't consider the half-game half-finished High Rank version of Monster Hunter games to be a real "entry".

Then I seriously hope that people consider paying for those fake entries.

whoops
should be "That people don't consider" instead

Infact because MH4U was the last true Monster Hunter game, the only way your statement makes any sense at all is if you were somehow counting

As being three consecutive entries to Monster Hunter.

Stories is obvious spin off, but you need to tell me how MHX/MHXX aren't (((true))) Monster Hunter games. Is it the styles/HAs?

Can we get something new for once? The game is out in 5-8 months.

Aside from xxx being the work of Itchy nose and his B-team, the devs themselves consider it a spinoff

I'm pretty sure there's going to be public demos at gamescom and tgs, so at the very least even if no new content is shown off we'll get people who aren't shit testing stuff out

But what makes it a spin off?
is it:

This. There won't be anything new until the game is released. They had their fireworks display and now all that's left is for everyone to line up to buy the fireworks.

Tilly if you're just going to shitpost why don't you actually play the game instead? I'm online right now, maybe you'll be able to finally find a better talisman than your Auto-guard+10 one.

Incidentally, I was referring to 4 Series, Cross series and World. Please try to understand that the semantics behind 'A true Monster Hunter Game' are different from 'A game that plays true to Monster Hunter's strengths'.

That and all the experimental mechanics
You might as well say Frontier's a mainline game at this point

Does your mac-n-cheese differ fundamentally from other mac-n-cheese ever made?

It's a spinoff because it's not acknowledged as "monster hunter 5". Plus it introduced impactful gameplay changes that weren't present in previous games and are not present in future title.
Since MH is not story driven single player adventure you can't make spin off in "shit that didn't happen in main plotline but may be referenced" sense.
MH:XX is as much of a spin off as monhun franchise will allow it to be.

I'll be glad when this thread dies, and I can't be identified in the next one.

Sorry, m8, I need to shower and get to work. I was supposed to go yesterday, but staying up all the time fucked up my whole sleeping schedule, and now I have to work double time today. and stay up the whole time too, to get back on the graveyard shift
I'm generally free Sun-Tue though if you want to set up a date

I'll take that answer
I should have said something like pouring a bowl of cereal.

Tilly please, at least try and familiarize yourself with the content before you shitpost about it.
Don't worry about it too much, I'm still waiting for someone to call me out on my statement about colors since every gen 1 environment has a different pallet and many of them do use reds and yellows while not using blues and greens

Silly Blue

Ah, so they were talking about Dragon's Dogma? Picked it up recently since it was pretty cheap on Amazon, haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

So, the original Monster Hunter isn't a real entry in the series?

What the hell is this, some kind of reverse-namefagging?

Every hunt shown so far has been the same thing, following the same script. I get that they're showing off the tutorial quest, but would it really be so hard for them to make a variant for some of the footage? I'm sure they've got some other monsters by now. Swap the Rathalos for a Rathian or Garuga or something, or swap the Jagras for Jaggi or whatever other HR1 monsters they've got. Anything so that they're not replaying the same hunt a dozen times. They're going to keep using the same hunt until they get the one plate they need, aren't they?

I don't think they actually have any other monsters made 100%, they can have 20 monsters on 80%, but only the 3 we saw are complete, i don't think they would pass a chance of showing new shiny things, p3rd trailer showed almost every single new monster in the game, they are probably trying to finish them as fast as they can for tgs demo, as we can see, japs are fucking autists with the series, and i don't think showing the same thing again and again will make them like the game.
I also find strange that they haven't shown a new weapon, they always put at least one new weapon per game right? dunno if X/XX added anything new, but 2 added the bow, LS, HH and GL, 3 added SA and 4 added IG and CB
World need a new weapon before they can say that this is the 5th installment in the series.

They've already said they're not adding new weapons
If they are adding any they're saving it for the G version

The reason was that 52a5c6 was shitposting like they knew the series even though they've clearly never played the games properly on account of not only admitting to never having played generations after both shit-talking and defending it, but that they also use a fucking auto-guard talisman in g-rank in the one game they have played. Ergo the hope was that they might stop talking like they're hot shit when in reality they're just plain old shit. It's precisely because so many posters on this board have no standards or interest in following an actual discussion that IDs are a thing on Holla Forums.

Is this really such an important pre-requisite? I'd rather be seeing new environments and monster skeletons bases than another new wacky transforming weapon. Of course I guess it's not impossible we might get a new addition that's more grounded for once, but I imagine that that's rather doubtful.

checked.
pic is still fresh.

Just remember, this is the target audience for World

If someone can't kill a great maccao in gen I don't think they even have the coordination to feed themselves
That kind of person would never even get to the point where moving while drinking potions could even conceivably benefit them

Hahaha, just a coincidence right?
Right… ?

Pretty much, it's the CoD/Halo/GTA/Madden/WoW audience that Capcom and pretty much anyone else seriously targeting the West is constantly chasing.

Well, we can only hope the ones that actually get the game are weeded out before high rank
Even getting carried requires enough skill to not triple cart single handedly

Personally, I think the only hope at this point is for the entire Western market to just disappear, it only has negative impacts on vidya really.

Sadly without the massive western market I don't think most vidya would even get made, and that includes good ones

(checked)
Dubs confirm cross posting on Reddit?
(checked)
(checked)
This thread is packed full-a-dubs.
And my room is packed full of French fail. Again.

Where was this? I've looked at every post they've made in this thread, I don't see them saying any of that anywhere. Based on it seems like they had played Gen, disliked it, and then probably uninstalled it.

For AAA shit from Capcom and Square and the like maybe, but most developers can't afford to make games that don't make profits at home - depending on foreign sales is a luxury only mega big guys like the above can do. You'll still see stuff from Banpresto, Atlus, NIS, Level 5, Marvelous, etc., and games like Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter have never depended on foreigners to begin with.

Only hope is the fact that they removed zones, but I'm sure that there's an aggro range they can sit outside of until it's time to carve.
Lord knows there will be a significant amount of pseudo-normalfags carrying their normalfag friends and farming with them for armor and weaps.

Played the demo. I dropped it then. Never even installed or purchased

This been said before. They always find a way to High Rank.

This is what happens to those shitters we boot:
This is the cycle for shitters that allows them to reach HR.

Being able to see which zones people are in still catches noobs off guard, especially the faggots that run off to the treasure area.
You probably will still have the large the map available in MH Worlds to catch these freeloading moochers if you have the time to check it during a lull in the combat.
In 4U i keep seeing this behavior and it pisses me off to no end.

i remember playing Tri online and failing a Alatreon on the first 2 minutes because all 3 of the other guys got hit by his charge two times in a row.
I never saw such a advanced triple cart strat like that before or after that.

New thread